Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 27 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)Topic%20Title

Ropfa wrote:
Spoiler:
Which ending have you already played? I know that there are let's play videos of the "arrest Pearl" ending on Youtube, but I've yet to see anything for the ending where you cover for her.

Spoiler:
I played ending B, where I proved the motive and Pearl was arrested.

Happy Maria

I want to see the alternate ending sort of,but I feel that I couldn't handle more tragedy,and I feel that the other choice you can make in case four is much worse in the long run. :viola:

Southern Corn wrote:
I want to see the alternate ending sort of,but I feel that I couldn't handle more tragedy,and I feel that the other choice you can make in case four is much worse in the long run. :viola:

Spoiler:
From what I've gathered, Williamson is much more antagonistic towards Phoenix, trusts him less. I assume that you'll wind up seeing the forged document that Williamson prepared in the A ending. But I've not attempted it yet.

Dracarys!

OmnipotentEntity wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Spoiler:
From what I've gathered, Williamson is much more antagonistic towards Phoenix, trusts him less. I assume that you'll wind up seeing the forged document that Williamson prepared in the A ending. But I've not attempted it yet.

The major differences between the two endings:

Spoiler: endgame spoilers
If you cover for Pearl, Obadiah does not trust you, whereas if she gets arrested he is slightly kinder to Nick and more open. This doesn't have much of an effect on the actual story until after the second half of MN-6, when he asks Nick to throw the case. If Pearl was arrested, Nick will talk him down. But if Nick helped her, Obadiah will call Phoenix out for his (perceived) hypocrisy.

In the trial, if Pearl was arrested Oby offers to help find the truth.
If not, he blurts out in front of Mendirez that he and Nick were talking about framing him. Mendirez does not take kindly to this.

If Pearl was arrested, Obadiah will present a forged chat log. Nick calls him out on it, using the recording bug to prove it's a fake. This leads to Obadiah being removed for the rest of the trial and Franziska taking his place.
Mendirez is also more hostile. He loses whatever little faith he might've had in Nick. In the final hostage situation with Luciano and Watters, Mendirez refuses to listen to Nick's advice to spare Luciano. Mendirez snaps Luciano's neck, but not before Luciano shoots him. They both die.

After the trial, Obadiah is set to go before the Prosecutorial Investigation Committee, presumably to be disbarred. He and Nick have some bit of reconciliation, where they both realize that the other was only ever trying to do the right thing, despite whatever actions they might have taken.

After the credits, Pearl is getting ready to leave forever on a bus when she's approached by a man (labeled "???"). The man says he recognizes her and convinces her to say "My name's Pearl Fey and I'M FINE!" (wink wink, nudge nudge). Her future after that is deliberately left ambiguous.

Happy Maria

Damn,that's cold. Glad I didn't get that ending.

The painting that inspired a generation

This game has been in development for years, how has no one pointed out that it's using the AA1 Judge sprite in the AJ courtroom?

Ropfa, please update the game to use the judge sprites from AJ, or at least cut off the lower two pixels of these ones. This bugged me so much that I had to go into the game files and change it myself.

Lengthy review from reddit, for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/co ... day_heres/

Dracarys!

smashsenpai wrote:
Lengthy review from reddit, for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/co ... day_heres/

Thank you for the review! Just read through the whole thing.

The art criticism is definitely valid. The reason for this is that I just plain wasn't a competent sprite artist back when I made those characters. Mark Watters (and the others in TRT) was the first "serious" sprite I ever made, so his design was rather simple (he was basically just Larry in a black jacket and a Fonzie hairdo - in fact that's exactly who the design was inspired from). He did get updated eventually, but even then the original concept design was still kept. If I were to redo him and other characters, they might look differently, but by now everybody's come to associate them with the looks they were given. People got upset after Watters and Obadiah got their updates, so I can only imagine the reaction if they'd actually been fully changed.

Ace Culprit

manage to play until case 2! TRT is sick!!! It is very well written..

Im happy with case 1 and 2 so far,

Spoiler:
btw ropfa Im halfway in doing case 1
I have to refrain from playing case 3 for now so when I make TRT it will still be fresh from my memory

Guess life isn't that easy.

Hello.

I am new here. I like Ace Attorney.

Nice case. It was fun. It had flaws. There were parts that didn't make sense. But I enjoyed it anyway. I like stories that end on a happy note.

- Banette
I don't know what my talent is exactly, but, I am not a suspicious guy!

I just finished the whole game. It was pretty good, especially the characters, story and its twists. :)

I would just like to mention one thing that bothered me. Usage of lack of fingerprints as a proof. Apparently many people believe, that when you touch something it automatically generates a fingerprint. This is a major misconception. Only sometimes fingerprints are left. I know about cases where police was chasing a guy holding a stolen thing, he threw it away just seconds before they caught him, no gloves, and yet no fingerprints are found on the item. Also some materials are less likely to preserve fingerprints than other, for example paper is not very good at that. I know about a case where they caught a guy just after he finished counting money from a bribe and despite huge number of banknotes he must have touched, not a single fingerprint on them was found. No real court of law would accept lack of fingerprints as a proof of anything.

Another thing that should have been addressed: in the last case, they have an audio recording with the murderer’s voice. In real life, this voice would have surely been analysed for identification of the killer. At least the game should mention that the recording is of extremely poor quality or something.

Ace Culprit

*deleted

Last edited by Rayaj on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

WarlockFX wrote:
I just finished the whole game. It was pretty good, especially the characters, story and its twists. :)

I would just like to mention one thing that bothered me. Usage of lack of fingerprints as a proof. Apparently many people believe, that when you touch something it automatically generates a fingerprint. This is a major misconception. Only sometimes fingerprints are left. I know about cases where police was chasing a guy holding a stolen thing, he threw it away just seconds before they caught him, no gloves, and yet no fingerprints are found on the item. Also some materials are less likely to preserve fingerprints than other, for example paper is not very good at that. I know about a case where they caught a guy just after he finished counting money from a bribe and despite huge number of banknotes he must have touched, not a single fingerprint on them was found. No real court of law would accept lack of fingerprints as a proof of anything.

Another thing that should have been addressed: in the last case, they have an audio recording with the murderer’s voice. In real life, this voice would have surely been analysed for identification of the killer. At least the game should mention that the recording is of extremely poor quality or something.

Remember, this is ace attorney. In every case possible, if something can hold a fingerprint, it will hold a fingerprint.

Finished case 0, it was pretty good. There was just one thing that bothered me a lot.

Spoiler:
Mafia connections or no, I find it highly unlikely that Klavier Gavin would just allow someone to blatantly rip off his music. He takes his music very seriously and he's a prosecutor to boot.

On another note, there seems to be something going on with Maya's sprites. They keep flashing from two different brightness contrasts depending on whether she's speaking or not.

OmnipotentEntity wrote:
Ropfa, excellent job on the game. It's definitely better than some of the official games in the series.

Spoiler:
I was wondering if you or anybody else had a save file directly before the scene112 A/B split (maybe around scene 107 or so?). I was planning to play through both paths of the final case, but it takes so long and it doesn't look like anything prior to this point really affects the flow of the case, I've read through the minor text differences in scenes 2, 6, 7, 15, 16, 30, 38, 72, 76, 86, 87 and 97.

Thanks in advance!

I assume you're talking about /that/ decision, which drove me to massive quantities of ice cream. If so, this is my save file /at/ said choice.

Spoiler:
http://www.filedropper.com/savens1484523950

Ropfa wrote:
Spoiler:
Which ending have you already played? I know that there are let's play videos of the "arrest Pearl" ending on Youtube, but I've yet to see anything for the ending where you cover for her.

After reading this, I've decided to do exactly that. I'll post again once it's done and on there.

The imagination justifies the pimp

You know, it just stroke me...

Spoiler: Case 2 and 5
Mendirez saved Mark's life twice.

Seasoned Animator

Your game got featured here: :hobohodo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trEa8jlSHok
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Happy Maria

Yes,AA is that weird.

Frickin Rabbidluigi uses Pywright and he didn't even talk to anyone about it

I swear he does everything, I need to meet/talk to him eventually

Dracarys!

ApolloGrimoire wrote:

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out.

Ace Culprit

ApolloGrimoire wrote:

wow :udgey:

anyone know the easy way to change the the music ? with COC their was just one file but COI and TAJ seem to add loops which confuses me.

Hi! First of all, want to thank Ropfa for the great work he did with this game, been having a lot of fun with it :) Williamson is up there with the best prosecutors of the "real" series, unlike most he doesn't resort to any gimmicks and yet is an incredibly compelling and interesting character.

I'm currently in case 4 and got stuck, I have checked the walkthrough but it didn't help so I wanted to ask for your help.

Spoiler:
I'm in the Day 2 investigation, I just solved Pearl's psyche-lock and talked to her, now I can't progress further. The walkthrough mentions the next step is in the Criminal Affairs but I have no option to move there - what do I need to do here? It is some sort of bug?

Thanks!

Dracarys!

HansyRod wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm in the Day 2 investigation, I just solved Pearl's psyche-lock and talked to her, now I can't progress further. The walkthrough mentions the next step is in the Criminal Affairs but I have no option to move there - what do I need to do here? It is some sort of bug?

Thanks!

Spoiler:
There might be something in the secret hallway that you forgot to do. If you do everything there, you'll get a short conversation where Watters takes Gladys to criminal affairs and says goodbye to Phoenix.

Ropfa wrote:
HansyRod wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks!

Spoiler:
There might be something in the secret hallway that you forgot to do. If you do everything there, you'll get a short conversation where Watters takes Gladys to criminal affairs and says goodbye to Phoenix.

Thank you! That was it indeed. I have finished case 4 now.

Spoiler:
It was a daring move on your part and an incredibly emotional moment. Very well done.

Happy Maria

That moment alone was bolder than the anything in the entire final case. Wow

What's a Court Records?

Honestly, case 4 is one of my favorite Ace Attorney cases mostly because it did something that I've been wanting a main series game to do.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Happy Maria

Imo the cases in this game weren't too good. The tutorial is alright,case one is meh,case two is Goodish,three is pretty good,and five was an okay ending. It didn't really have much of a peak. The whole game is just average throughout,which is why I'm preferring CoC so far.

the fire mage

imo turnabout consequences is the highlight of coi. just as the haunted turnabout is to coc.

i also prefer coc to coi. not saying coi is bad mind you.

really if any fan game can be called average i think that would go to trials after justice. it just felt to safe imo not really taking any real risks like the other two did.

and the one case where it felt like it might is never coming out.

Really, neither this nor CoC are perfect. They both have flaws that makes them below official AA standards (by which I mean purely on writing, the sprites and random music are excusable), but it's the parts that are really well done that makes them stand out on their own.

I also love TaJ. I don't care if it's too safe, not every fangame has to be groundbreaking, some can just be charming for the sake of it.

Last edited by Bolting Shaman on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Case four and five deal with the overall story,but they do it in way different ways imo. I slightly prefer the former,even if it did pussy out at the last second

And once again,CoI doesn't peak at the level of CoC. If anything,they both have the same lows.

What's a Court Records?

Imo, CoI makes a better AA5 than DD.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Happy Maria

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree,unfortunately.

How would you rank this game's cases?

For me,it's 4>=5>3>1>=2

Why the equals?

Also mine is the same as you, but I'm a little conflicted between 5 and 3

Dracarys!

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
How would you rank this game's cases?

For me,it's 4>=5>3>1>=2

4>5>3>>>1>>>>>>>2

Dont be too harsh on yourself, Case 1 is fine especially since it helped make Case 2 better

Happy Maria

>= means greater than or equal to

Seems that you hate the first two cases a bit,creator. I personally don't remember them too well to judge,but I do remember that the sprites were in the uncanny valley then.

Spoiler: Case five
MENDIREZ though later on is phenomenal. Props to you on that.

*Groans of Increasing Discomfort*

Hi I'm playing through A Rogue Turnabout and was wondering why there's no music playing during the trial and Sarah's testimony?
"It is impossible to predict what the future has in store for any of us.
This is precisely why people feel the need to judge the past.
And we of the court have been charged with the solemn duty of passing such judgment" - Diego "Godot" Armando

Happy Maria

Really? Last I remember,it should be playing Moderator 2011.

Thought the final theme of the day is Presto 2009 instead of 2011, which I find a bit inconsistent.

Try looking into the files maybe?

*Groans of Increasing Discomfort*

I'll try looking into it. Don't know why personally, I have all the files and everything.
"It is impossible to predict what the future has in store for any of us.
This is precisely why people feel the need to judge the past.
And we of the court have been charged with the solemn duty of passing such judgment" - Diego "Godot" Armando
Page 27 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games