Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 4[ 159 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: GS7 IdeasTopic%20Title

edgey_poo wrote:
I want a game focused on Athena. Also I hope that some of the forgotten characters come back. Not Lotta, though. She can stay forgotten.

That sounds good.
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

I think the series may have fallen into a trap that a lot of long-running franchises fall into, and that's trying to one-up the scope of the previous game's story & setting each time. There's no need for that in a series like AA really, they should try to scale things back a bit. Cut back on the overall melodrama-levels a bit and keep things a fun mystery-solving story at it's core too, perhaps.

Some other stuff I'd like to see in the future:
-Sentencing/deciding punishments being shown to some capacity, it's part of the process the games never really delve into
-Some AAI1/2 stuff being very lightly integrated into the main series. Doesn't have to be anything major. Edgeworth seems to be showing up every game now, maybe have Kay be his aide or something, I dunno.
-More police involvement could be interesting, they've always been hilariously incompetent in these games so a fun angle might be to try and push them a bit. Don't just have a detective, give the detective a subordinate or two and have a coroner there as well (AAI2's Toko Muto & her grandmother, maybe?)
-Some coverage of Athena & Phoenix's first meeting abroad could be cool. They talk about it once in DD as if it was going to come up again and then it never does? Am I missing something here?

I agree with idea about Phoenix parents involved in case. I really want to know about his parents and how they look a like. Maybe it will be interesting if his mom/dad are a true culprit and Phoenix has another dilemma for sent his own parents to jail.

The video game boy; the one who wins

A-K wrote:
I think the series may have fallen into a trap that a lot of long-running franchises fall into, and that's trying to one-up the scope of the previous game's story & setting each time. There's no need for that in a series like AA really, they should try to scale things back a bit. Cut back on the overall melodrama-levels a bit and keep things a fun mystery-solving story at it's core too, perhaps.

I agree a lot with this. That is also one thing I really appreciate with JFA - it's basically more of what I enjoyed about PW, no more and no less. To think there was a time where people from the main cast didn't have to be personally involved one way or another in pretty much every case, and the stakes weren't pumped up to be mega-super-duper-high (but high enough). Then again, there are only so many times a formula can go on and still feel fresh and exciting, and before the long-time players become genre-savvy and have seen it all before, but with good writing and characters, that shouldn't be a problem I guess.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

That's something that some people liked about 6-4; that it was basic in terms of stakes.

Anyway, Phoenix's parents sounds like a nice idea. And with regards to Phoenix and Athena's fiare meeting, perhaps it could be shown in a flashback case? Athena's father and her family in Europe could appear, too.

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
That's something that some people liked about 6-4; that it was basic in terms of stakes.

Actually that's one of the many...MANY...things I hate about 6-4. There's no point to it. They should have split case 5 into two and relegated it to DLC.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

The AJ asinine attorney one was also kinda low stakes. So much so it was actually hilarious in an ironic way,I feel.

:Hoboright: I know I already posted in this thread, but that was a long long time ago...
Athena DOES need her own game, for sure! I want her to become a better attorney.

Last edited by Reznov877 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

The more I think about it, while I still would prefer an Athena game mostly, I wouldn't mind a game that was more of an original trilogy type. Both DD and SoJ have a distinctly different feel from the original trilogy (mostly due to the lack of investigation in DD, bizarre pacing in SoJ, psyche-locks being dumbed down, and presenting evidence while investigating becoming virtually nonexistant.) No need for a new main protagonist, just put in Phoenix, with Athena as the sidekick (with mood-matrix), improve psyche-locks, and just make some more cases. No need for an international crime syndicate or a law uprising, just...make some cases. Maybe slightly connect them, but for the most part just have 5 unrelated cases, with the 5th one having some moral issue that causes character development. No new gimmicks, just take what you got and work with it.

Derper

In GS7, Athena and Co. will face their most formidable opponents yet, the Phantom's past employers. The...
Spoiler: Illuminati
The Street Fighter kind

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

My edge is worthy for miles.

I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this, but...

let's introduce Naruhodo-kun's parents!

One scenario I thought of was...
Only one of his parents is alive. The parent comes to visit, or Phoenix goes to visit him/her. Then the parent is killed, and Phoenix is accused. Then Athena (or perhaps a new member of the Wright Talent Agency?) has to defend him.

Also, has the story of how Phoenix met Athena in Europe ever been totally cleared up? I may have forgotten whether they talked about it. If it it's still a mystery, it could be cleared up in the above case.

Also in the parent death case, I was thinking like it would be a super case, where the previous games' villains all escaped prison, and it was one of the old villains who hate Phoenix. But then I thought it wasn't very Ace Attorney-esque, and more of a whodunit, which is not in AA style. But it was still a cool idea.

Happy Maria

The reason his parents haven't been shown is to portray him as your everyday protagonist.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

My hope is that if there is a GS7, the rival prosecutor does not follow the Edgeworth formula that Blackquill and Nahyuta did. Both times it wasn't as well executed as Edgeworth was. And you don't need to have the defense attorney know the prosecutor from childhood in order to create a rivalry. Godot and Franziska had personal reasons to oppose Phoenix and they didn't meet Phoenix until their first trial together.

Happy Maria

Childhood friends/rivals are so overdone in media.

MBr wrote:
My hope is that if there is a GS7, the rival prosecutor does not follow the Edgeworth formula that Blackquill and Nahyuta did. Both times it wasn't as well executed as Edgeworth was. And you don't need to have the defense attorney know the prosecutor from childhood in order to create a rivalry. Godot and Franziska had personal reasons to oppose Phoenix and they didn't meet Phoenix until their first trial together.

Plus, now Phoenix has Edgeworth, Apollo has Nayhuta and Athena has Blackquill. Giving any of them another childhood friend turned rival would be pretty pointless, since their relationship would be pretty much the same.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

godot_in_court wrote:
I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this, but...

let's introduce Naruhodo-kun's parents!

One scenario I thought of was...
Only one of his parents is alive. The parent comes to visit, or Phoenix goes to visit him/her. Then the parent is killed, and Phoenix is accused. Then Athena (or perhaps a new member of the Wright Talent Agency?) has to defend him.

Also, has the story of how Phoenix met Athena in Europe ever been totally cleared up? I may have forgotten whether they talked about it. If it it's still a mystery, it could be cleared up in the above case.

Also in the parent death case, I was thinking like it would be a super case, where the previous games' villains all escaped prison, and it was one of the old villains who hate Phoenix. But then I thought it wasn't very Ace Attorney-esque, and more of a whodunit, which is not in AA style. But it was still a cool idea.

If they do, his dad's name better be "Ryuuichirou Naruhodou".
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Happy Maria

Honestly,I hope they never introduce his parents here,to keep up the image that he's just the everyday protagonist. That's originally why we knew so little about him in the first game aside from his relationship with Edgeworth.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

If Phoenix's parents ever show up, you know this series is dying. Surely they can come up with more interesting material than having to expand on his personal life? Not to mention, his best buddies already kinda show how he is off duty. What's the point of bringing in a tragic backstory that we never knew all this time after he's had not one, but two completed story arcs? One for when he was a rookie attorney, one for when he's a boss.

I'd rather have my helicopter case, thank you. At least someone committing murder by dropping someone out of a ride would make great action drama. The blimp from 6-DLC was such a tease, man.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Just an idea that popped into my head when I was thinking about how much
Spoiler: Turnabout Revolution
Ga'ran and her legal prowess was underused. Then I realized, what if the next prosecutor was a person who wanted to pick up the pieces of the Ga'ran regime and start it again, somehow. It could either be in Khura'in, where Apollo and Nahyuta have to fight against this new influence to save the revolution, or in California, where the prosecutor tries to corrupt the legal system there and possibly more than that. A possible name he/she could have would be Corr'ompre de Gericht, which translates to "Corrupt the court" from French, Dutch, and German, respectively.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Happy Maria

So basically the opposite of GS6?

You could say that, I suppose. :ron:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Ga'ran and her legal prowess was underused. Then I realized, what if the next prosecutor was a person who wanted to pick up the pieces of the Ga'ran regime and start it again, somehow. It could either be in Khura'in, where Apollo and Nahyuta have to fight against this new influence to save the revolution, or in California, where the prosecutor tries to corrupt the legal system there and possibly more than that. A possible name he/she could have would be Corr'ompre de Gericht, which translates to "Corrupt the court" from French, Dutch, and German, respectively.

Spoiler: 6-5
I'm the only one that thinks that Ga'ran's legal power was used as much as it should? If you go overboard with that kind of thing you end up with Quercus Alba.

Spoiler: 6-5
I agree, and I thought she rather made a point of going against them "honestly" and not overabusing her powers to look good in front of her people. Which she needed to more than ever with a revolution in the making.

I suppose you have a good point. But with that, I feel like it could be explored a bit more, without te constraint of revolution, like I said a few posts above.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Apollo4Justice wrote:

Spoiler:
It sounds interesting, but at the same time it would just feel like a rehash of SoJ. We need something unique, not a repeat of the exact same opposing force you just took down. That'd be like Edgeworth having to fight the smuggling ring all over again in GK2. It would just get boring and repetitive.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

For the next mainline series game, I'd like Phoenix to return as the main character and have the story revolve around the Gramaryes. Focus on developing Trucy, who's barely had any character development since Apollo Justice. Have Thalassa finally spill the beans about Trucy and Apollo being siblings. Tie Kristoph Gavin's black psyche locks back into all of this. And as a personal wish, explain what the heck Zak's logic at any point in AJ was.

As a rather out there idea, have a flashback case where we play as Kristoph defending one of the Gramaryes from something. Not sure how it would tie into the overarching plot, but it would certainly throw AJ players for a loop.

My concern is we'll get a game that tries to split time between the US and Khurain, and the story and character development will just be spread too thin (SoJ's biggest issue imo).
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Just a defense attorney.

Quite honestly, if people like Gumshoe, Mia, Franziska, Godot, etc, came back in AA7, it'd be considered as huge fanservice; plus, Phoenix's story was concluded at the end of the Trilogy, as Shu Takumi stated.
Honestly, I'd LOVE these characters back, specifically Gumshoe or Franziska, and maybe even have Maya and Pearl reprise their huge roles back then like in the Trilogy, but it wouldn't make sense for AA7 to specifically focus on Phoenix and others when their story had already concluded in T&T.

I'd probably say that AA7 may focus around Athena and her developing skills as a lawyer and stuff like that, while also:
Spoiler: SoJ - Case 5
Having at least one case involving Apollo in Khura'in, seen as he's technically running his own law office there.

Plus, having a case or two involving Phoenix as the player, but what I'd REALLY like to see in an Ace Attorney game are cases NOT involving murder, kinda like:
Spoiler: SoJ - Case 5
The civil trial in 6-5 involving Paul Atishon and stuff.

Along with cases a real criminal defense attorney would actually take other than murder, like theft, arson, fraud, forgery, stuff like that.

Well jeez, that was a long post. :udgey:
But that is seriously what I think about AA7 anyway. Feel free to challenge my opinion, as long as it doesn't involve PA and stuff. :godot:

Yabba Dabba Doo

Honestly, the more I think about it, just let the series sit for a while. The ending of SoJ was a great way to finish the series as of right now, so why try and force out another game? Let it stay how it is for 3-5 years, and instead focus on DGS, and make a third investigations game with older Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Franziska, etc.

Ultimate Godot Fan

I think they should finish the Investigations and Great Ace Attorney Trilogies first, then start one about Mia or Athena.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.

Happy Maria

There's some debate about whether DGS is a trilogy,but was AAI originally supposed to be part of a trilogy? Where did you get that from?

Ultimate Godot Fan

It's more of an assumption, considering we had an Apollo Trilogy and a Phoenix Trilogy, I thought we might have a Miles Trilogy as well.

Happy Maria

Apollo trilogy? I don't feel the same way myself. When AJ was made,Takumi left,putting the future of the main series into question. DD was made,but only six years later by the same guy who did AAI,Yamazaki. After DD,he wasn't even on board with making SoJ. He was only convinced barely. So really,it never was planned to be a trilogy.

As for Edgeworth,the games didn't sell well overseas,so I doubt they'll be made anytime soon.

Hm, wasn't DGS originally supposed to be a trilogy but then they decided to only make it two games? I seem to recall reading that anyway, but I could be mistaken. As for Apollo trilogy, even though it wasn't planned to be one, it is now, in a sense, or, perhaps not exactly an "Apollo" trilogy considering DD, but a trilogy about this era, after the timeskip, just like the PW trilogy (which was originally supposed to be just one standalone game as well) has its own era. Assuming, of course, they won't make yet another main game, which I personally hope they won't. Athena as a lawyer feels really underused for me, and a Mia game would be neat (I really liked her inner monologue in T&T) but I worry about the series being dragged out for too long and feeling washed out if they continue. For me, ending the main series with AA6 would really be going out in style.

Happy Maria

Going for Miles wrote:
Hm, wasn't DGS originally supposed to be a trilogy but then they decided to only make it two games? I seem to recall reading that anyway, but I could be mistaken. As for Apollo trilogy, even though it wasn't planned to be one, it is now, in a sense, or, perhaps not exactly an "Apollo" trilogy considering DD, but a trilogy about this era, after the timeskip, just like the PW trilogy (which was originally supposed to be just one standalone game as well) has its own era. Assuming, of course, they won't make yet another main game, which I personally hope they won't. Athena as a lawyer feels really underused for me, and a Mia game would be neat (I really liked her inner monologue in T&T) but I worry about the series being dragged out for too long and feeling washed out if they continue. For me, ending the main series with AA6 would really be going out in style.

I don't believe there's an actual source where the team said it was going to Ben a complete trilogy.

As for me,AA4-6 so far are just games which deal with their own thing which may or may not address the plots of their predecessors.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

I don't believe there's an actual source where the team said it was going to Ben a complete trilogy.

As for me,AA4-6 so far are just games which deal with their own thing which may or may not address the plots of their predecessors.

They said it in an interview during the time DGS1 was being developed (so 2014/2015). It could still be a trilogy, considering they are planning on adding a few more mysteries to the overarching plot, while solving the ones from DGS1. But that's just pure speculation, so don't take my word for it.

At this point, I believe the "Apollo trilogy" or the "post-timeskip era" could go on just for one more game (AA7), before the series starts getting stale. The best would be end the Athena arc, and then start a new story with a brand new cast of characters.
But then again, they may as well end the series with AA7 without starting a third generation of games. I'm more worried about the quality of the games rather than the quantity, and if they are running out of good ideas it'd be for the best to end the series here.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Considering Yamazaki has taken a break off from GS, the next titles may just be DGS2 and its sequel if they do spin it further. Eshiro has also jumped aboard the DGS bandwagon, so no GK3 any time soon either.

Sounds like we've got another case of spinoffs overtaking series releases, but at least the 3ds still has a viable market. The Switch is new and all, but I don't see GS being distributed on there... yet.

If anything, we might just get a port of GS6 on iOS. We might even get DGS1 over to the West before anything GS7 or GK3 comes along.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Considering Yamazaki has taken a break off from GS, the next titles may just be DGS2 and its sequel if they do spin it further. Eshiro has also jumped aboard the DGS bandwagon, so no GK3 any time soon either.

Sounds like we've got another case of spinoffs overtaking series releases, but at least the 3ds still has a viable market. The Switch is new and all, but I don't see GS being distributed on there... yet.

If anything, we might just get a port of GS6 on iOS. We might even get DGS1 over to the West before anything GS7 or GK3 comes along.

That makes sense. If Eshiro is busy with DGS2, it means that GS7 isn't in the making, so the localization team is free to localize DGS now. Capcom could use it as trial to see if bringing AA spinoffs to the west is now profitable.

Glimmerous Fop

I really want a game with Bobby Fulbright as the main detective.
Spoiler: Dual Destinies
As far as I remember, Fulbright died 1 year prior to Dual Destinies. Only characters from Dual Destinies know Bobby Fulbright, therefore in this new game only characters appear that didn't appear in Dual Destinies.
What if they made a game with Mia as the lawyer, Maya maybe as the little assistant, Fulbright as the detective, plus a new judge and a new prosecutor? This game would take place in the time after Mia's second case (3-1) and before Phoenix started his attorney career. Young Phoenix could still appear in this game since he is already familiar with Mia (however only in a minor role and without meeting Fulbright).

Normally we always have games with tragic stories, but a happy ending. What if we change this formula in this game a little bit? Maybe this time we have a joyful game with a tragic ending that makes us cry.
First Mia and Fulbright meet for the first time and become good friends. We can enjoy watching them solving cases and having a good time (of course not everything has to be cheerful, there still will be a certain rivalry with the prosecutor, for instance). In this game, Mia is very thankful for having met Bobby Fulbright, without his positive attitude it would have been much harder for her to
Spoiler: Trials and Tribulations
deal with the tragic poisening of her boyfriend Diego Armando

Later in the game, Fulbright's appearance begins to change...
Spoiler: Dual Destinies
...his hair become grey and in an emotional meeting Bobby tells you that he can't do the job anymore since he suffers from a severe illness and leaves the city. He feels like some unknown phantom was following him and might have poisened him. He feels very weak and sadly nobody can find Bobby and knows about his condition in this game. Mia is devastated that she might just have lost a close friend due to poisening again.
Bobby escaped from the public and probably suffered many years under his illness (due to the poison) until he died in a rural location.
Many years later in the last case of Dual Destinues his dead body could finally be positively identified. Mia's story was tragic as well, she unfortunately died in 1-2, only a short time after Bobby left the city. A tragic end for our two main protagonists. However this game at least shows us, that those two people (despite having died so young) enjoyed their life to the fullest and that is what matters the most.

Art Person

I would love it if Mia and Maya took on cases in the next game and can see a Past Fulbright making a cameo, but seeing as Gumshoe was a detective at that stage, he's more of a fan favourite, so I'd see him being the detective.

Also it would be cool if Mia faced Blackquill at one stage (pre jail). But I can't remember if he was a prosecutor at the time or not.

Ultimate Godot Fan

SuperAj3 wrote:
But I can't remember if he was a prosecutor at the time or not.

He was. :simon:
Page 2 of 4 [ 159 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps