Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 69 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 76  Next

Re: PW: Contempt of Court ~ FULL GAME RELEASED!Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

No I thought that was actually Hemlock though.

Just like how Ted Cruz is the Zodiac killer

the fire mage

leb_trimble wrote:
Oh man this game was everything I had hoped for. Big thanks to Cardiovore to all the hours he put into making this great.

Spoiler:
I had a feeling that it was going to be Snow from early on in the 4th case, I didn't want it to be as he was made such a lovable character but at the same time I wanted it to be him, it made perfect sense and even from the first time I saw him (and the flashbacks from earlier cases) I thought that this guy was no way the age he is, judging on how he generally looked and the minor changes in looks over the 5 years.

Spoiler:
Also that touch at the end there with the call from Shadi Enigmar, it made me squeal like a little girl. Has actually made me go back to replay Apollo right now! :apollo: :trucy:

Spoiler:
the fact the only difference between snow from 5 years ago and the one from now is he has a beard should have been a huge tip off for me.
he looks younger in present day for crying out loud.

Happy Maria

Finished;loved it. Villain was a bit weak and my previous complaints still resonate but this>CoI sorry Roopa

Please make 3 Corntrast of Southern Court starring me tomorrow k <333

Spoiler:
Really though I loved it.

You're welcome Carlyveer ;o)

Personally I loved the villain in this game, really liked their motives especially, that was definitely original.

Spoiler: CoC and minor DGS
I'm also proud of it being my second guess for the villain after Maya. This and COI are two games were I guessed the villain right...you people better get ready for Wagahai to be the villain in DGS 2.

Signature loading, please wait...

manifesting ciconia phase 2

Finished the sketch I had posted earlier. I have to say, this game was better than some of the canon ones. Bravo, Cardiovore, I'll be looking out for your future works if you choose to make more.
Spoiler:

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Hemlock
imo the villain wasn't that great. The reveal and all was fantastic,but I felt he wasn't that threatening for some reason. Mainly because he kept banging his head against the deck. Took away all the scariness by making him a weenie.

Also I'm disappointed that the gold star was just the final evidence to make Erol happy I thought that was gonna be super important

the fire mage

Southern Corn wrote:
imo the villain wasn't that great. The reveal and all was fantastic,but I felt he wasn't that threatening for some reason. Mainly because he kept banging his head against the deck. Took away all the scariness by making him a weenie.

Also I'm disappointed that the gold star was just the final evidence to make Erol happy I thought that was gonna be super important

Spoiler:
as i said earlier i think it was supposed to mirror brisbane in case 3.
they both seem threatening but when they don't get their way they both have temper tantrums. erol even says he and hemlock are preety much the same.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Response to the above
While that's true,it still makes him underwhelming and loses him a lot of cool point

Plus this may be controversial but I preferred Alba's confrontation in some ways to this

Alright, just like with Conflict of Interest I decided to start over to refresh myself rather than immediately playing where I left off.

I don't know if it's because of a switch from my old 2003 mac laptop to my modern, fairly strong desktop pc, but I'm getting sound and timing issues. "Take That" voice clips for the magatama segments are extremely delayed. Also the first trial segment, I don't get a "Hold It" voice clip at all. In fact the speech balloon shows up for about 2 whole seconds shaking before we go to the next bit of dialogue. It's a bit strange. I tried this on the latest PYwright (.9880) and the "Beta" PYwright used for Conflict of Interest. Any ideas? Any other information I need to give?

Spoiler: Context
This is all first case stuff. Snow's first magatama has the delay, but the voice clip eventually plays. I tested Vincenzo on several statements and his voice/timing just doesn't seem to work.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

"So what happened between you and this Renwick customer?"

You just can't stop, can you?

Happy Maria

Now that I've had time to think about this
Spoiler: Whole game
What was the point of the flashback at the end of case three? Sure,it gave us a better understanding of case four,but I honestly think it would've benefited Case four to remove it completely,as Phoenix doesn't know a thing about it. It's kind of pointless in hindsight.

On a much more serious note,how was What is Love NOT the credits music?! YOU PROMISED US CARDY HOW COULD YOU

Southern Corn wrote:
What was the point of the flashback at the end of case three? Sure,it gave us a better understanding of case four,but I honestly think it would've benefited Case four to remove it completely,as Phoenix doesn't know a thing about it. It's kind of pointless in hindsight.

On a much more serious note,how was What is Love NOT the credits music?! YOU PROMISED US CARDY HOW COULD YOU

Spoiler: Case 3
I'd argue the exact opposite. It sets the scene for case 4 in so many ways. The overall way the sequence was set up neatly shows you that there is a dude plotting some evil shit in the background, it ties in to case 1's flashback case, establishes Renwick as someone you could ultimately relate to (and ultimately helps understand the things he's done by the time the reveals in case 4 come around), and overall shows connections between some other characters just enough that you can appreciate it and understand it later down the line. It also helps speed things along when Renwick and Greisen are laying things out for you - you already know these things happened, you're just being given the proper context to help piece it together. That's kinda what makes it so great honestly. It's "show don't tell" at its best and given that all that aforementioned context is given at the height of case 4, having all of these things told to the player without knowing a damn thing about them would've needed more explaining and more exposition for the player to really understand, which would've screwed the pacing. It in no way hurts case 4.

Overall, for me, it's actually one of the best endings to a case and one of the reasons I like case 3 so much.

That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Yabba Dabba Doo

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

I'd argue the exact opposite. It sets the scene for case 4 in so many ways. The overall way the sequence was set up neatly shows you that there is a dude plotting some evil shit in the background, it ties in to case 1's flashback case, establishes Renwick as someone you could ultimately relate to (and ultimately helps understand the things he's done by the time the reveals in case 4 come around), and overall shows connections between some other characters just enough that you can appreciate it and understand it later down the line. It also helps speed things along when Renwick and Greisen are laying things out for you - you already know these things happened, you're just being given the proper context to help piece it together. That's kinda what makes it so great honestly. It's "show don't tell" at its best and given that all that aforementioned context is given at the height of case 4, having all of these things told to the player without knowing a damn thing about them would've needed more explaining and more exposition for the player to really understand, which would've screwed the pacing. It in no way hurts case 4.

Overall, for me, it's actually one of the best endings to a case and one of the reasons I like case 3 so much.

Spoiler:
So much this. Case 3 personally isn't my favorite (just because of how it's set up as a precursor to case 4) but the flashback was absolutely necessary.

Happy Maria

I guess that makes sense.

You know enfunny thing? Case three is still my favourite of the lot,though just barely. It reminds me of a certain unlocalised case in a good way...

Previously Cardiovore

ParrotMan01 wrote:
Alright, just like with Conflict of Interest I decided to start over to refresh myself rather than immediately playing where I left off.

I don't know if it's because of a switch from my old 2003 mac laptop to my modern, fairly strong desktop pc, but I'm getting sound and timing issues. "Take That" voice clips for the magatama segments are extremely delayed. Also the first trial segment, I don't get a "Hold It" voice clip at all. In fact the speech balloon shows up for about 2 whole seconds shaking before we go to the next bit of dialogue. It's a bit strange. I tried this on the latest PYwright (.9880) and the "Beta" PYwright used for Conflict of Interest. Any ideas? Any other information I need to give?

I think that's due to me putting the voice clips AFTER the Objection bubbles, then a PyWright update must've changed that by forcing the bubble to shake first before moving down to the next line.

Double KO wrote:
Finished the sketch I had posted earlier. I have to say, this game was better than some of the canon ones. Bravo, Cardiovore, I'll be looking out for your future works if you choose to make more.
Spoiler:

That's badass!

Outbreak95 wrote:
One thing that's been bothering me, and I don't think it was fully explained:

Spoiler:
What exactly happened when Smith arrived at Brisbane's house after he was assaulted? We are given the idea of Hemlock hiding Brisbane in that cabinet, but does he meet with Renwick at the house or just contacts him via phone and quickly tells him to use a mask for no real reason? I guess it's the former since Hemlock cleaned the crime scene and later on he made a mess on purpose. In summary: What scenario did Renwick saw when he went into the house and how did Hemlock made him exit the house with the mask now on? Also how did Hemlock get his hands on the file Renwick brought in the envelope, which he later tried to destroy? Maybe I'm missing something or didn't pay attention when all this was explained, but this scenario was re-thinked so many times that I don't suppose a clear image of it was later explained or labeled in the final trial.

Spoiler:
In a nutshell:
Renwick arrived for a typical midnight planning session with Brisbane, but with a file he compiled on all the information on Hemlock he could discreetly collect, including a picture. When Brisbane saw the picture and realised who he really was, he changed the meeting time to 5:00 AM as he needed time alone to think. Hemlock heard all this through the Grapevine instance on Brisbane's phone and realised Renwick's betrayal. He contacted Renwick and ordered him to go the 5:00 AM meeting for the sole purpose of bring the enigmium back. Oh and wear this mask while you're at it for no reason at all.

At 4:30, Hemlock entered through the back door and tried strangling Brisbane, who broke free and prepared to fight him. Not expecting this, Hemlock goes for several blows to the temples which knock Brisbane out. He knew of Brisbane's haemophilia which was why he wanted to avoid bloodshed, but this was an unexpected change. He laid the jacket underneath him and pummeled him to near-death out of sheer anger. Then he moved the body and jacket full of blood to the cabinet and hid in the house himself for Renwick's arrival. Renwick entered in the mask, noticing no sign of Brisbane but no signs of foul play, took the enigmium off the desk and left. Morag Weever, who Hemlock knew would be leaving her house at this time, saw him leave in the mask and heard his voice. She suspected he was up to no good solely because of the mask.

With him gone, Hemlock brought the body and jacket back out, and painted the crime scene with his blood, creating bloody handprints and pools of it everywhere before lying Brisbane's body in it, thinking he'd killed him. With the same blood-covered hands he dialled 911 on Brisbane's phone and imitated him to ensure Renwick's suspicion. Then he trashed the room to simulate that a huge fight had gone down, then left.

Renwick left the enigmium off at the designated drop-off point for Hemlock to collect and went home, bewildered. Then a couple hours later the police show up.

Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

§

Cardiovorevore wrote:
Spoiler:
In a nutshell:
Renwick arrived for a typical midnight planning session with Brisbane, but with a file he compiled on all the information on Hemlock he could discreetly collect, including a picture. When Brisbane saw the picture and realised who he really was, he changed the meeting time to 5:00 AM as he needed time alone to think. Hemlock heard all this through the Grapevine instance on Brisbane's phone and realised Renwick's betrayal. He contacted Renwick and ordered him to go the 5:00 AM meeting for the sole purpose of bring the enigmium back. Oh and wear this mask while you're at it for no reason at all.

At 4:30, Hemlock entered through the back door and tried strangling Brisbane, who broke free and prepared to fight him. Not expecting this, Hemlock goes for several blows to the temples which knock Brisbane out. He knew of Brisbane's haemophilia which was why he wanted to avoid bloodshed, but this was an unexpected change. He laid the jacket underneath him and pummeled him to near-death out of sheer anger. Then he moved the body and jacket full of blood to the cabinet and hid in the house himself for Renwick's arrival. Renwick entered in the mask, noticing no sign of Brisbane but no signs of foul play, took the enigmium off the desk and left. Morag Weever, who Hemlock knew would be leaving her house at this time, saw him leave in the mask and heard his voice. She suspected he was up to no good solely because of the mask.

With him gone, Hemlock brought the body and jacket back out, and painted the crime scene with his blood, creating bloody handprints and pools of it everywhere before lying Brisbane's body in it, thinking he'd killed him. With the same blood-covered hands he dialled 911 on Brisbane's phone and imitated him to ensure Renwick's suspicion. Then he trashed the room to simulate that a huge fight had gone down, then left.

Renwick left the enigmium off at the designated drop-off point for Hemlock to collect and went home, bewildered. Then a couple hours later the police show up.

Spoiler:
Thanks for such a detailed explanation! Reading your answer made me remember some details I had forgotten (such as the fact that Brisbane and Renwick did meet at midnight, and the fact that Renwick first took the Enigmium and then left it at a drop-off point). Guess I'm too used to the Dangan Ronpa case review thingy that occurs at the end of each trial. :oops: And again, congrats!

We do what we must because we can.

the fire mage

Thunder84 wrote:
DudeWithAMask wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Spoiler:
So much this. Case 3 personally isn't my favorite (just because of how it's set up as a precursor to case 4) but the flashback was absolutely necessary.

if you remember casse 3 and 4 were originally one huge 5 day epic case then it works alot better,

Happy Maria

I have one huge question in the end.
Spoiler: Contempt of Court,Conflict of Interest
Why the heck is this called Contempt of Court anyway? :larry:

At least CoI had it somewhat in the semifinal case. This....I don't think the words 'contempt of court' were ever said in the whole thing.

Previously Cardiovore

Southern Corn wrote:
I have one huge question in the end.
Spoiler: Contempt of Court,Conflict of Interest
Why the heck is this called Contempt of Court anyway? :larry:

At least CoI had it somewhat in the semifinal case. This....I don't think the words 'contempt of court' were ever said in the whole thing.

Honestly, no particular reason. It was just a name. In the same vein as the official Phoenix trilogy.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Hello again!

A I promised, I made a review (in Spanish because I'm from Spain) for Contempt of Court so I could reccommend it to everyone I can, as I think more people should know about this game. However, mind that I'm not a big time youtuber and my narrating skills are quite lackluster, but I feel this is the least I can do :sadshoe:

Also, my apologies in advance if this is considered spamming. Please, feel free to delete this post if it's going against the rules of this forum :shoe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx0yJ5S ... zf2htrwgig

But anyway, I'd like to wish you good luck, Cardiovore.
It was a pleasure to play your game and I hope you feel satisfied with it.

:jake:

Cardiovore wrote:
ParrotMan01 wrote:

I think that's due to me putting the voice clips AFTER the Objection bubbles, then a PyWright update must've changed that by forcing the bubble to shake first before moving down to the next line.

Spoiler: Minor First Trial Spoiler?
That's the thing though, after shaking and such no voice clip plays for Vincenzo at all. I tested this for all shouts on the first testimony. I'm not sure if it's only for that testimony or not, but I wanted to let you know.

Spoiler:
After replaying the game over and over again, there's a few things I'm confused about.
1. Was it ever explained why Brisbane made Snow dig around in Phoenix's office? I thought it was the to get the Bluecorp document on Vulper, but I'm not sure.
2. Was it ever explained why Snow's stiletto dagger was on his desk? I don't remember it being brought up in case 4.
3. Why did Renwick support Brisbane's argument against Snow in case 3, especially when he brings up the irrelevant dagger? Wouldn't Renwick side with Snow considering he knew he was Hemlock and that he has the power to make his life a living hell if he ever crossed him?
4. Digging around in case 3's files, I found a background named bvictims.png, which lists known Boogeyman victims. I don't remember it ever being used in case 3, nor did some of the names on list match up with the names on the note Greisen gives you in case 4.

ParrotMan01 wrote:
That's the thing though, after shaking and such no voice clip plays for Vincenzo at all. I tested this for all shouts on the first testimony. I'm not sure if it's only for that testimony or not, but I wanted to let you know.

Did you download the voice lines for Cicatrice? They were not included in the game. The link was posted here a while back.

Cardiovore wrote:
Double KO wrote:
Spoiler:

That's badass!

Thank you! I've always admired the art you made for this game, so your praise says a lot.

Previously Cardiovore

ParrotMan01 wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
ParrotMan01 wrote:

Spoiler: Minor First Trial Spoiler?

As Double KO said, Vinnies sound clips are missing from the final release for some odd reason. This was brought to my attention a while back so I uploaded them about a week ago in this thread. It includes an sfx folder to replace the one in the main game directory.

As for Double's questions:
[quote="Double KO"]
Spoiler:
After replaying the game over and over again, there's a few things I'm confused about.
1. Was it ever explained why Brisbane made Snow dig around in Phoenix's office? I thought it was the to get the Bluecorp document on Vulper, but I'm not sure.
Half yes half no. I don't know myself why I had that happen, it was so long ago and I only intended Scapegoat to be a standalone and my skills back then weren't as refined. I guess you could say Brisbane sent Snow to check out the lawyer that was defending Vinnie, but I honestly wish I could go back and rectify why this happened xD I'll remaster the first two cases anyway so I may get rid of that scene altogether or at least explain it.

2. Was it ever explained why Snow's stiletto dagger was on his desk? I don't remember it being brought up in case 4.
That was part of a scrapped idea I had for the crime, where Snow didn't use the dagger itself but used its scabbard to stab Docks, then that was gonna be hidden in the table cavity. Kinda hard to go back and change something that's already released lol.

3. Why did Renwick support Brisbane's argument against Snow in case 3, especially when he brings up the irrelevant dagger? Wouldn't Renwick side with Snow considering he knew he was Hemlock and that he has the power to make his life a living hell if he ever crossed him?
Although he was trying to keep up appearances, he was plotting with Brisbane to get Snow sentenced for the crime as this was their chance. I guess he was two-timing but in a way where he wouldn't look suspicious, however thanks to Nick, Snow was acquitted.

4. Digging around in case 3's files, I found a background named bvictims.png, which lists known Boogeyman victims. I don't remember it ever being used in case 3, nor did some of the names on list match up with the names on the note Greisen gives you in case 4.
Because Case 3 and 4 were initially to be fused into one huge case (hence that Part 1 White as Snow that now means nothing), some of Case 4s files may be in Case 3s folder and vice versa. I got rid of most but I had a feeling some would still be around.

And you're welcome! It's incredibly flattering to see fan art of my own game.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Found it on Page 67. Next time you'll see me, it will be a full review. Thinking about it, I owe Rofpa a full review for his game as well.

Here are some random thoughts about what I liked and didn't like. I'll try to be concise (and if you open the spoiler tag and it's a lot of text, you'll know I've failed).

Spoiler: ENTIRE GAME SUPER SPOILERS
This time, I didn't write a whole lot of text. These are just some thoughts about the case that I'm writing after I've finished it. (I just got done writing a paper so I was not in the mood to always keep a word file up while playing.)

First of all, the villain was great. Who he turned out to be made sense and didn't come out of nowhere. The sense that he was omniscient and omnipresent was very well done and had its climax when talking to Renwick in the last investigation (and figuring out who Hemlock was all along).

On that note, I like how it pretty much went downhill with how intimidating Hemlock was from there. He ended up being a boss who had henchmen. Sure, he was really talented and able to pick up skills extremely quickly, but he made mistakes and had some anger issues. This is something some people might not like, but I feel like that's the point. Now that Hemlock is something tangible, now that he's been given a face and is not some "idea" anymore or some ever present feeling that permeates the case, he is just some threatening guy with goons that we had to take down somehow.

Hemlock wasn't a genius who did everything on his own because he was so smart. He had people working for him and needed help. And he did not understand that he could lose that control any moment. That's why he ended up being taken down by people throwing finger puppets at him. In the end, he was just some cunt.

Oh yeah, by the way, I regret not having presented Maya as the mastermind. I should have known you put some easter egg in, you memester. I probably thought I'd have another chance to do it in the last trial but the reveal ended up happening in the investigation already. (Is there a video of what happens or some other quick way of looking at the scene?)

Schaden Freude's picture in his office along with the "Renwick customer" line in the second half of the case makes me think you like referencing the bosses of Reynholm Industries. (Although that Renwick customer line is from some other movie, it is uttered by the same actor)

I'm disappointed you never ended up using that "mah boi" sound file that is (or used to be?) in the game's files. One of Schaden Freude's poses do remind me of good old King Harkinian.

I love how interconnected the cases are, to a point where the final case was hard at times because I didn't remember some details from earlier cases. It was alright, though. I did use the walkthrough a lot this time, but I didn't feel like playing the actual game a lot; I just wanted to see the story. (Sorry.)

Having said that, I was waiting to use that gold star somehow to a point where, when I had to give Brisbane a reward somehow, a "finally!!!" burst out and I presented it quicker than anything else I've ever presented. His laugh was worth the wait. He redeemed himself in my eyes. I actually thought the gold star would either be a bug or something (but maybe you had the game's characters give you random objects just so the player can have many theories about who Hemlock is and how he knows everything) OR that you would use the gold star to somehow block out the signal that would blow everyone up.

Oh yeah, the explosive thing. I was really hoping it wouldn't come down to luck, but the line about the word "dteonate" having saved us all actually changed my mind in that regard. That was really funny. It also further cements that Hemlock is not as threatening (and not even as smart) as he seemed to be. I would say it was a risky move on your end. I'm sure a lot of people won't like that they all just got lucky. I am absolutely fine with it, however.

For a few moments I thought we would somehow have to prove that Vulper didn't even kill Crane or Grossberg and that he was actually a good guy all along. Maybe that's just me liking Vulper too much.

About Vulper and Hemlock: You like writing childish villains, don't you?

Right now I can't think of anything more but maybe I'll tell you some other thoughts I have later. So much for being concise, huh?

I loved the game and I've been with you ever since Scapegoat finished. How long has it been? A million years? Thank you for everything. You've created something truly great.

Previously Cardiovore

Dani wrote:
Here are some random thoughts about what I liked and didn't like. I'll try to be concise (and if you open the spoiler tag and it's a lot of text, you'll know I've failed).

Spoiler: ENTIRE GAME SUPER SPOILERS
This time, I didn't write a whole lot of text. These are just some thoughts about the case that I'm writing after I've finished it. (I just got done writing a paper so I was not in the mood to always keep a word file up while playing.)

First of all, the villain was great. Who he turned out to be made sense and didn't come out of nowhere. The sense that he was omniscient and omnipresent was very well done and had its climax when talking to Renwick in the last investigation (and figuring out who Hemlock was all along).

On that note, I like how it pretty much went downhill with how intimidating Hemlock was from there. He ended up being a boss who had henchmen. Sure, he was really talented and able to pick up skills extremely quickly, but he made mistakes and had some anger issues. This is something some people might not like, but I feel like that's the point. Now that Hemlock is something tangible, now that he's been given a face and is not some "idea" anymore or some ever present feeling that permeates the case, he is just some threatening guy with goons that we had to take down somehow.

Hemlock wasn't a genius who did everything on his own because he was so smart. He had people working for him and needed help. And he did not understand that he could lose that control any moment. That's why he ended up being taken down by people throwing finger puppets at him. In the end, he was just some cunt.

Oh yeah, by the way, I regret not having presented Maya as the mastermind. I should have known you put some easter egg in, you memester. I probably thought I'd have another chance to do it in the last trial but the reveal ended up happening in the investigation already. (Is there a video of what happens or some other quick way of looking at the scene?)

Schaden Freude's picture in his office along with the "Renwick customer" line in the second half of the case makes me think you like referencing the bosses of Reynholm Industries. (Although that Renwick customer line is from some other movie, it is uttered by the same actor)

I'm disappointed you never ended up using that "mah boi" sound file that is (or used to be?) in the game's files. One of Schaden Freude's poses do remind me of good old King Harkinian.

I love how interconnected the cases are, to a point where the final case was hard at times because I didn't remember some details from earlier cases. It was alright, though. I did use the walkthrough a lot this time, but I didn't feel like playing the actual game a lot; I just wanted to see the story. (Sorry.)

Having said that, I was waiting to use that gold star somehow to a point where, when I had to give Brisbane a reward somehow, a "finally!!!" burst out and I presented it quicker than anything else I've ever presented. His laugh was worth the wait. He redeemed himself in my eyes. I actually thought the gold star would either be a bug or something (but maybe you had the game's characters give you random objects just so the player can have many theories about who Hemlock is and how he knows everything) OR that you would use the gold star to somehow block out the signal that would blow everyone up.

Oh yeah, the explosive thing. I was really hoping it wouldn't come down to luck, but the line about the word "dteonate" having saved us all actually changed my mind in that regard. That was really funny. It also further cements that Hemlock is not as threatening (and not even as smart) as he seemed to be. I would say it was a risky move on your end. I'm sure a lot of people won't like that they all just got lucky. I am absolutely fine with it, however.

For a few moments I thought we would somehow have to prove that Vulper didn't even kill Crane or Grossberg and that he was actually a good guy all along. Maybe that's just me liking Vulper too much.

About Vulper and Hemlock: You like writing childish villains, don't you?

Right now I can't think of anything more but maybe I'll tell you some other thoughts I have later. So much for being concise, huh?

I loved the game and I've been with you ever since Scapegoat finished. How long has it been? A million years? Thank you for everything. You've created something truly great.

Thanks for the comments! Glad you enjoyed it too!
Spoiler:
I like how you got what I was trying to do with Hemlock, pretty much to a T. He WAS meant to be proof that no matter how much you try, you'll never have total control over your life. No one's perfect no matter how much you try to make that happen.
I was toying with another idea for the failed explosive, and I was starting to think I should've gone with that one but I'm happy you liked what I did go with.
Also "in the end he was just some cunt" is the best description of Hemlock I've read. :gant:

I actually altered the game so that EVERYBODY has something to say if you present the star to them. Im glad you knew immediately what to show Brisbane at the end!

As for the Maya Easter egg, I'm not sure a video of it exists online yet. What I can suggest is adding the line "script sceneXXfreudetestimony3" (I can't remember the scene number) to intro.txt right after the first couple of lines. then add "goto easteregg" at the very top of the freudetestimony3 script. Should take you right there.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

The imagination justifies the pimp

While I still like CoI's villain better, I do think Hemlock is a good character on his own right. As over-the-top as he is, I always keep in mind that he has OCD, so you can't really ask for the guy to be all too subtle once he's exposed. He's supposed to be delusional, so it cost him that much.

Happy Maria

I will say though that I loved the first part of the final trial. Wish you kept it that way for a bit longer.

Also I'm sad my prediction didn't come true because I actually think it would've been nice

Cardiovore wrote:
As for Double's questions:
Spoiler:
Half yes half no. I don't know myself why I had that happen, it was so long ago and I only intended Scapegoat to be a standalone and my skills back then weren't as refined. I guess you could say Brisbane sent Snow to check out the lawyer that was defending Vinnie, but I honestly wish I could go back and rectify why this happened xD I'll remaster the first two cases anyway so I may get rid of that scene altogether or at least explain it.

That was part of a scrapped idea I had for the crime, where Snow didn't use the dagger itself but used its scabbard to stab Docks, then that was gonna be hidden in the table cavity. Kinda hard to go back and change something that's already released lol.

Although he was trying to keep up appearances, he was plotting with Brisbane to get Snow sentenced for the crime as this was their chance. I guess he was two-timing but in a way where he wouldn't look suspicious, however thanks to Nick, Snow was acquitted.

Because Case 3 and 4 were initially to be fused into one huge case (hence that Part 1 White as Snow that now means nothing), some of Case 4s files may be in Case 3s folder and vice versa. I got rid of most but I had a feeling some would still be around.

And you're welcome! It's incredibly flattering to see fan art of my own game.
[/quote]

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

Happy Maria

I like how in the TVTropes page it says that some people guessed that Snow was Hemlock but others got it wrong and guessed him to be Greisen,Vinny,and the evil Mayo

So does that mean I'm both groups? :-P

Yabba Dabba Doo

Spoiler: Case 3/4
It's kinda weird to think that, if Phoenix had failed to defend Snow in Case 3, then that would've essentially been the end of Hemlock.

Southern Corn wrote:
I like how in the TVTropes page it says that some people guessed that Snow was Hemlock but others got it wrong and guessed him to be Greisen,Vinny,and the evil Mayo

So does that mean I'm both groups? :-P

Spoiler:
Oh yeah, I edited that. Originally it said Maya, Vincenzo, and Barrows, but I only saw one person ever guess Barrows, so I changed that to Greisen, a more popular guess. Most people had more than one suspect as to whom Hemlock was, so the groups aren't mutually exclusive. Still found it funny how they took the Maya theories completely seriously.

Fantastic that this has been released! Can't wait to play it - sadly in final year of University so not much time yet, but soon.... Soon...

Okay so LOOOOOOONG time lurker here (as in, I played Turnabout Scapegoat back in 2010), finally decided to make an account after the full release.

After playing it fully, I have but one comment:

Spoiler: Hemlock/Dual Destinies spoilers
Holy crap Hemlock is literally just The Phantom from Dual Destinies. How did that feel when you played through it the first time?

Happy Maria

The similarities are indeed uncanny. Not sure if intended.

Mia Payne

Cardiovore is a hack!

TAKUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Happy Maria

Technically He-who-must-not-be-named wrote DD,not Takumi.

Southern Corn wrote:
The similarities are indeed uncanny. Not sure if intended.

Spoiler:
Cardiovore decided on Hemlock ever since Haunted. It's probably a coincidence.

Mia Payne

Yah, Muh Zock E

the fire mage

both coc and coi were made before dd were a thing. coi was even ment to be an unoffical ace attonery 5 as dd was seeminly not gonna happen.
Page 69 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games