Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)Topic%20Title

Ace Culprit

2 > 1

Happy Maria

Rayaj wrote:
2 > 1

Yeah,that's mathematically correct.

Wait,are you telling me that's your ranking? What happened to 3,4 and 5?

Is the GK2 music spoilery?

Dracarys!

thomasfish wrote:
Is the GK2 music spoilery?

I wouldn't say so. It's just the standard cross-examination and generic character themes.

Ace Culprit

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Rayaj wrote:
2 > 1

Yeah,that's mathematically correct.

Wait,are you telling me that's your ranking? What happened to 3,4 and 5?

those are the cases I have played over and over... so I can be familiarized on every details

once I'm satisfied i'll proceed to case 3

looking at other fans ratings I'm really excited to play 3,4,5 since they were much cooler than case 2 (my favorite case so far)

Kind of been offline for a while

Congrats on finishing the game. I haven't tried much of it out yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

Er, nevermind. (Someone had reported a bug to me, and I jumped to reporting it back without thinking about it. I remembered it wasn't a bug at all. It'd been a while since I played the series.)
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Ace Attorney

So I have four huge fancases to play. Case 5 of this is one of them, and I'll be starting it shortly.

...So knowing what lies ahead of me, I may be saying this a bit prematurely... but if by the end of this little adventure, CoI-4 isn't the best fangame I've ever played, it's damn sure going to be reallllyyyyy close. That is to say, I don't want to say nothing is going to topple it ever... just that that's going to be really damn hard.

CEASE YOUR INSOLENCE!

I haven't gotten to around to posting this yet, but I gotta say that I loved this fangame. The climax of Case 4 had a great impact on me, and it's probably the hardest thing that's hit me in this series, so I applaud you. :gant-clap:

Ace Attorney

...Oh yeah, may as well post again since it won't be a double.

So, all in all... CoC-4 DID wind up debunking CoI-4 as my favorite fancase ever (hey, I said it would be HARD, not impossible) but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this series any less. Despite some criticisms I had whilst playing through it, I thought this was a fantastic series, and playing through it really invigorated my passion for fangaming. But man, I have to say... the lack of buzz this has gotten is almost criminal. 28 Pages? It deserves so much more than that. This was a fantastic adventure to experience, and I can't wait to see this Cardy/Ropfa mega collab- I'm getting on that train the second it gets finished.

Happy Maria

To be fair,the only real reason CoC has more pages is due to all the shίtposting we did. But yeah,I did like this game overall.

Dracarys!

Southern Corn wrote:
To be fair,the only real reason CoC has more pages is due to all the shίtposting we did. But yeah,I did like this game overall.

It's not just the shitposts. Cardiovore got his game started about two years earlier than I did and the AA community was more active back then. His first case also got a warmer reception than mine did. CoI didn't really start to attract mostly positive attention until TotW was released.

Last edited by Ropfa on Mon May 08, 2017 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's a Court Records?

If I recall correctly, only three cases were done when I started playing.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Happy Maria

Yeah,I vaguely remember that. The first case and second case were there,but then came a tutorial case. Then the tragic third case came in,which I stopped in the middle of because I was getting bored,and then I came back just in time to finish the game.

What's a Court Records?

When I first started I went from A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words all the way to the first half of Turnabout Consequences. Then I had to wait for part 2 and then finally, Turnabout Into The Unknown.
Why am I even here?

Dracarys!

Y'all are young'uns. I played this game back when it only had one sentence.

Happy Maria

You played this game when it didn't even exist :0

Mia Payne

SCARY

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

I just watched a full playthrough of this game after CoC, and now I regret checking this out sooner because this is quite amazing! I only haven't seen the 'bad ending' version of Turnabout Into the Unknown, which I can't quite find a video of.

Spoiler:
I gotta say, the triple twist regarding the game's final boss is a stroke of genius - that while you're defending Francisco Mendirez, he's not the Francisco Mendirez you've been hunting down throughout the game.

If what I've heard over at the Ace Attorney subreddit is true, you and Cardiovore are working together on a game. Knowing the quality of both of these fangames, I only expect greatness out of that!
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

What's a Court Records?

Ropfa wrote:
Y'all are young'uns. I played this game back when it only had one sentence.

What about just one letter...? :O
:P
Why am I even here?

Ace... Dimwitt?

Just finished CoI and would like to say I am really glad I decided to play through this, the final two cases are amazingly well done.

I have to say that the presentation wasn't the best, and I wish Obadiah's sprites were improved a bit (His beard needs more texture like his original version, and the body needs more aliasing). But my god the writing was great, I enjoyed your writing of Phoenix's character far better than DD and SOJ. Hood, Jane, Gladys, and Yossarin are greatly written too, I'm surprised it's this good for a fangame. I enjoyed
Spoiler: Turnabout Into The Unknown
The twist of Mendirez being Yossarin, it caught me completely off guard, which is something that the newer main games do rarely for me. The twist I wasnt really impressed with was Dresian being the Big Bad all along, I forsaw it ever since I began Turnabout On The Web since he seemed like a very unimportant character. I think this may have been made better if there was a larger suspect list than there was in case 5, and Dresian had a more important role in Web.

There is only one character that I think was written a bit poorly and that was
Spoiler: Turnabout Consequences
Pearl,
I think her mother's influence on her was not demonstrated well enough before it was revealed that she had shot Maya.
Her motivations to shoot Maya because of her mother wanting her dead are a bit flimsy in my mind, I think this would have been helped if Morgan had told her directly to do it at some point in the story. Although, I'm not exactly sure how you would do it in the context of the story.

I have a lot of thoughts, but I think I would ramble too much if I said more, (And what I have said has probably already been said a lot before). Pretty much all I have to say is, thank you for spending your time finishing this project! It was a lovely treat to play and I'm quite excited to see how Serafina turns out.

Cheers!

Finished CoI recently, it was amazing.
Enough great things has been said about the fourth case and the defendant of the final case.
I just want to say that I really enjoyed the Hoods, they were awesome. I love witnesses who know exactly how to act and what to say on the witness stand, who can put a good amount of resistance against the defense. They also tend to be very entertaining.
I also like the fact that their goal was just to protect themselves, they weren't really evil or even antagonistic to you, just making things more difficult. Finnegan was very careful with what he was saying and told compelling lies, Jane just got Phoenix to clear her of all murders in a subtle and very clever way.

Hiya Ropfa! Just got back into the Ace Attorney groove and decided that it was time to finish COI before I start AA6. After your case 4 toyed with my emotions I was walking into case 5 not knowing what to expect. Boy, was I impressed.

I don't think I've ever been more infuriated at Ace Attorney characters:

Spoiler:
Let's start with Mendirez. Getting information out of my client was the worst. I was starting to think that he wasn't worth defending in the first place. The man seemed content with living in jail for the rest of his life.

I wanted to punch Finnegan Hood. I didn't understand his agenda at all. He came off as a snake and I thought that he was the culprit the entire time. The way he lied in every other sentence, or didn't tell us anything, was very annoying.

Jane Hood was just a brat. As the oldest in my generation, I deal with annoying kids all the time. I find most child characters obnoxious and disrespectful (Pearl and Trucy are exceptions. Pearl is a precious gem and Trucy's story is just tragic). Jane was obnoxious in all the right ways. She never cooperated with us, came off as conceited, brushed off every serious situation as if this was a game. I wanted to bring her down so badly, but never got that satisfaction. It was a bittersweet ending.

The twists in the story were very well written:

Spoiler:
I enjoyed the reveal that Yossarian was actually Mendirez. I never expected Dreisan to be the actual murderer. These two reveals really helped make the story engaging. I didn't expect that De Killer would make a reappearance, and it looks like I should've continued to. (You hyped him up just to have him make a no-show, you fiend). Porter's death was abrupt, but not unexpected, especially after she left so suddenly. I never liked her as a character initially, but I think she was starting to grow on me right before you killed her. Thanks.

The MN-9 Flashback trial was very unique. I loved playing as the prosecution in a trial. It actually goes to show you how when you think that you are right with your judgment, and then the defense blurts out this crazy theory to turn the case upside down, it might burst a vessel.

Criticisms/Bugs/Typos:

Spoiler:
In the credits scene, Maya uses "their" instead of "there".

When going into the MN-9 flashbacks, or when going back, your court record needs to be on the first page. If it's not, then you get an index error when you try to open the court record after the flash back occurs. (I'm assuming the game is trying to put more evidence than the record can hold? Not sure.)

Only during the last cross examinations with Dreisan: When flipping through the evidence/profile pages, when you press back to switch to a different statement, the bottom screen doesn't show the buttons anymore. One has to press the right or left arrows on the top screen to switch statements.

Overall Thoughts:

Spoiler:
Thanks so much for making this wonderful game!! I enjoyed case 4 the best, since it got me the most emotional. Pearl's writing was stupendous. Case 5 was a great way to tie up the loose ends and wrap up the story. Case 3 was very unique with the online investigation. Case 1 had a very funny killer and was an enjoyable into case. While I had my qualms with case 2, (problems with assembling the gun, where I assembled it off screen somehow or another), it was very relevant in case 5 and I admired how you connected every case together.

To be honest, I think this was the best Ace Attorney fan game I've ever played. Kudos!

Good luck in your future endeavors! I'll be lurking around here to see what you've been up to!

Dracarys!

braniac1 wrote:
Criticisms/Bugs/Typos:

Spoiler:
When going into the MN-9 flashbacks, or when going back, your court record needs to be on the first page. If it's not, then you get an index error when you try to open the court record after the flash back occurs. (I'm assuming the game is trying to put more evidence than the record can hold? Not sure.)

Is it still doing that?

*insert long string of expletives here*

Yeah, that's a Pywright bug. I won't be able to get rid of that myself.

Thank you for your comments!

Art Person

I downloaded the game and will play in my free time! I never realised the scope of this project it's blowing my mind! Can't wait to give it a play!

Is there anything I can change in the game files to make me able to fast-forward through the text at my own leisure?

Art Person

Case 1 is fantastic so far! Singing to the music! And the minis surprised me!

Dracarys!

SuperAj3 wrote:
And the minis surprised me!

They're actually part of the background, it's just animated! I tried, but as far as I can tell, Pywright can't really do actual mini-sprites.

Dracarys!

JesusMonroe wrote:
Is there anything I can change in the game files to make me able to fast-forward through the text at my own leisure?

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe typing "set _debug on" will achieve what you're looking for. There might be another way that only affects text-skipping, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Dracarys!

SuperAj3 was kind enough to redo the box art for me. I don't think it's any secret that the original was pretty horrible. Thanks, dude.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Considering Maya is a fairly main character as Mendirez, she should be on the boxart, no?

In all seriousness, looks great.

Dracarys!

Thunder84 wrote:
Considering Maya is a fairly main character as Mendirez, she should be on the boxart, no?

Dude, spoilers. Some people haven't played yet.

What's a Court Records?

Ropfa wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Dude, spoilers. Some people haven't played yet.

Personally, I really like the part where Phoenix grabbed a knife and he started skinning everyone alive. Especially that part where he threw Larry's skinless body into a river. ;)
Why am I even here?

I've been meaning to get onto this for ages, but never quite found the time.

Somewhat shortly after the final COI was released, I downloaded it and got through the first trial, but after the credits rolled, during the scene after that (just prior to second case starting, I believe) it keeps crashing.

Tonight I finally had time to devote to playing this (played some of the earlier versions awhile back) and completely deleted everything PyWright and re-downloaded this case because it comes with the right PyWright version anyway. I played through the whole case again but it still keeps crashing. The case was fine, it was just the epilogue-y part.

Any tips, or is it sign my laptop just isn't that great for PyWright? Thanks :)

What's a Court Records?

So... by crashing do you mean it freezes and/or exits you out of the program?
Why am I even here?

Dracarys!

If I'm reading this correctly, then it's possible the game just shuts off after running into the "exit" command in the coding, which automatically shuts down Pywright instead of returning to the case menu. It's just how Pywright coding works. Just start it again and start case 2 and it should work fine.

Ropfa wrote:
If I'm reading this correctly, then it's possible the game just shuts off after running into the "exit" command in the coding, which automatically shuts down Pywright instead of returning to the case menu. It's just how Pywright coding works. Just start it again and start case 2 and it should work fine.

I figured this out myself today, oh my I was so embarrassed :larry: It felt like it was crashing because it just closed pywright so suddenly, so I assumed there was some dialogue I kept missing.

Thank you :pearl:

What's a Court Records?

Ropfa wrote:

Does it really do that now? I haven't touched PyWright in a while, but I remember it just jumping to the beginning of the case when I had finished one.
Why am I even here?

Dracarys!

Dollarluigi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:

Does it really do that now? I haven't touched PyWright in a while, but I remember it just jumping to the beginning of the case when I had finished one.

Kind of annoying, yeah, but it's better than making the case loop from the beginning, which it was doing for a while.
Page 28 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games