Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 36 posts ]

Gyakuten Kenji 2 released on iOS/Android in JapanTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Thought there'd be a few months between AAI1 and AAI2 on phones? Overruled! Gyakuten Kenji 2 is now available on the Japanese Google Play and iTunes stores: http://www.capcom.co.jp/smartphone/gyakutenkenji2/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-o_bZs3s6M

No word on an English release.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Gyakuten Kenji 2 released on iOS/Android in JapanTopic%20Title

Art Person

It looks really nice!
A shame there’s no English release to go with this though T_T

What's a Court Records?

SuperAj3 wrote:
It looks really nice!
A shame there’s no English release to go with this though T_T

While it is sad, I'm not really surprised.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Come on Capcom, I'm ready to give you my money for an English version of this...don't you want to use that "Miles Edgeworth" genre AAI1 had on iOS again?

Although, at least it's nice to have this officially in HD.
Signature loading, please wait...

A New Chapter of Trials!

Imagine how hilarious it would be for them to release this game in English all these years later. It would be chaos, pure chaos!
Eureka!

Happy Maria

AAAAAAAA
Oh wait, never mind. Those last words changed everything :(

Ace Lurker

Apollon wrote:
Imagine how hilarious it would be for them to release this game in English all these years later. It would be chaos, pure chaos!

I wonder what the community reaction would be if they just straight-up lifted the fan translation and used that. Would it be backlash or support?

A New Chapter of Trials!

Shugo wrote:
Apollon wrote:

I wonder what the community reaction would be if they just straight-up lifted the fan translation and used that. Would it be backlash or support?

If I remember correctly, there actually is a precedence for a fantranslation being used for an official release of a game. There was some Ys game that the localizer, Xseed, just bought a fantranslation for when they went to officially release an English version. Somehow, I think this would be below Capcom's dignity though...
Eureka!

Programmer

It's not just about dignity. It's flat out impossible. They'd have to hunt down everyone and get them to sign a contract. That's not gonna happen with an adhoc group that has no legal entity associated with it.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Call me James

I'm honestly still of the firm belief that there will be a Switch port of Investigations down the line (presumably in a year or so, like Apollo Justice), and if it does well, Capcom USA might decide to finally localise AAI2.

Hopefully, anyway. I think a port of these iOS/Android versions are coming, at least (it's Capcom). The real question is what will happen when it's time to port AAI2 :think-pw:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Yabba Dabba Doo

Oh shit, this is surprising. I'm curious as to how they'll handle any potential English translation.

Happy Maria

They probably won't do it imo. There's n real reason to suddenly localise it after nearly five years of release. Hardly any potential audience from doing so.

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

Southern Corn wrote:
They probably won't do it imo. There's n real reason to suddenly localise it after nearly five years of release. Hardly any potential audience from doing so.

Hardly any audience? Then how do you explain the first Ace Attorney game getting such good reception when it was released internationally in 2006, five years after the Japanese release?
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

I've given up all hope for a localisation, and I've made peace with it as well. Everyone who really wanted to play it has probably played the fan translation by now, so I doubt it'd make them enough money to cover the costs.

Art Person

Southern Corn wrote:

My only counter to that is the game's must be doing well enough to get SoJ, AJ and AAI ports in English this year. If DD didn't sell well on iOS they could've just done Japanese only ports of those games.

But yeah, a release this close to AAI's killed my hopes for this being translated.

Blah!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

My only counter to that is the game's must be doing well enough to get SoJ, AJ and AAI ports in English this year. If DD didn't sell well on iOS they could've just done Japanese only ports of those games.

But yeah, a release this close to AAI's killed my hopes for this being translated.

The English ports of SoJ, AJ, and AAI don't really count since they were already localized once, so they could just copy in the existing script (with an edit pass, since ports have fixed typos in the past) and redo the localized graphics in higher resolution for AJ and AAI. Far less effort than localizing from Japanese for the first time, and thus the minimum number of sales to justify the effort would be much lower than it would be for AAI2.

Happy Maria

Turnabout Dave wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Hardly any audience? Then how do you explain the first Ace Attorney game getting such good reception when it was released internationally in 2006, five years after the Japanese release?

That was the first game in the series. It was the first of its genre to be released here (as far as I know, anyway) and you wouldn't have known if there really was going to have an audience or not, so it's justifiable. AAI2, however, was the sixth game in the series and the sequel to a spin off game that had very poor sales in the states and whose team had just been disbanded. That's why it wasn't released in 2011 and the lack of any potential audience now due to, as another user said, most people who really wanted to play it having already played the fan translation. Too big of a risk, too little of a reward.

Shugo wrote:
Apollon wrote:

They would get sued by me for using our work LOL
Somehow all this talk about AAI2 make me have even more fever as I already have (damm flu) and make my finger tingle.....

By the way, did you noticed the content rating??
AAI Moderate Violence
AAI2 Strong Violence
dammit, i never noticed that AAI2 was 1 step below a mortal combat game :p

Happy Maria

Fuchur wrote:
Shugo wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Would that technically even be possible?

Quote:
By the way, did you noticed the content rating??
AAI Moderate Violence
AAI2 Strong Violence
dammit, i never noticed that AAI2 was 1 step below a mortal combat game :p

Huh, pretty odd. I don't think this game is really that more violent than any other AA game.
inb4 it gets an M rating again

There is some bloody stuff in case 2, and I guess the case 5 murder is also pretty violent. Still a pretty random rating if something like SoJ isn't considered as violent.

Happy Maria

Eh, blood is shown at least once in every AA game, plus we don't even technically get to see the murder in case 5 being committed. SoJ is way more violent, yeah.

Southern Corn wrote:
Fuchur wrote:

Would that technically even be possible?

Well, if I should believe this:
http://bookwormtranslations.com/copyrig ... d-to-know/
then I would say yes.
I believe that the fact that they didn't even try to stop us and our work is out there since more than 2 years, would work in our favor.
We wasn't really quiet either about it so because they didn't stop us, I think it's like a silent agreement and now they would probably need to ask us for permission to use the translation.
Let's stay realistic, you know as well that all this mobile game are made as cheap as possible and if they didn't do the translation when they could sell the game for 60$ or so on the NDS, you think they will do the translation when they sell it for around 20$??

What's a Court Records?

Honestly, I'm sure they're well aware the fan translation exists.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

By the way, just out of curiosity, who would be interested in a Android / IOS translation??
Is still people out there that are looking for that??

Bolt Storm wrote:

Thought there'd be a few months between AAI1 and AAI2 on phones? Overruled! Gyakuten Kenji 2 is now available on the Japanese Google Play and iTunes stores: http://www.capcom.co.jp/smartphone/gyakutenkenji2/

Words?? Who need words???

Spoiler:

UPDATE:

well it's looking that image wasn't shocking enough, maybe this one make a better impression
Spoiler:

Avid yet slow working writer

If I can be honesty, I think there is a possibility even though it's a slim one) that Capcom would release an english version of this; mostly out of the fact that relatively speaking they got a fan translation to work off of, and that by having it be done on the phone, I imagine the cost of translating would be much more justifiable than it was back on the DS Days.

Fuchur wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

UPDATE:

well it's looking that image wasn't shocking enough, maybe this one make a better impression

Just noticed this.

Ehrm...so what does this actually mean?

Happy Maria

That they're also translating it for mobile?

Blah!

Southern Corn wrote:
That they're also translating it for mobile?

Nah, I think they're showing off that it may be possible to translate this version of the game unofficially.

Like i said. Who needs words??

Sidenotes:
Another Team: even if a view people of the original team are still around (including me).
Translation mostly the same as the NDS version (in fact it will be imported but revised again)
Status of the project in the works (no % or release date because I am not at the head of the project and loosely following the progress).
I supported this project because when we made the original translation, we had always in mind to pass our work to future/other translations but sadly the deletion of the backup forum where all the discussions took place, was practically a "show stopper" (we didn't know the forum will be deleted and so we didn't make any backups).
All my help i gave to this project was mostly what I could remember from my work back then and we got actually the first text in the game within 4 days but with limitation and crashes. There was the same problems as on the NDS version that seem to be solved now that i was away some weeks.
Legally, I am not really supporting this translation because it's to early to be releasing a translation for a game "so new" for Android but actually the truth is that I can not stop it either because they actually not need me to do it (especially now that they solved the biggest problems in the way).
So probably you can enjoy the game on Android as well soon.

Happy Maria

Geez, the translation team works fast. GL on the project.

Hey, sorry to necro this, but I figured it's better than making a new thread. Can we get a progress update on moving the fan translation to the Android version?

Fuchur wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

UPDATE:

OMG. I wouldn't lie, that's my dream to translate GK2 to English. Please, can you add me to your team. Or, at least, if the team is ruined, can you tell me how did you manage to edit script-files?

Spoiler: Images

Please, don't kill me, Uwa. I just want people to know that we are doing this.

Last edited by General Luigi on Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Original post just contained image URLs; two users mistook it for spam.

the last romantic alive

Akrasr wrote:

HOLY SHIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT, I THOUGHT THE PROJECT WAS DEAD, NOW I AM SO HAPPY

Akrasr wrote:

I'm so sorry to be "that person," I'm just wondering because this port's relatively quiet; is there any release time frame on the horizon?
Page 1 of 1 [ 36 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes