Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

easyCase GUI Casemaker (Beta Release)Topic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

Welcome, one and all. It's finally time for the release of the easyCase framework, built around KSA Technology's previous PWLib library for the Anime Image Game Engine. I've been working on this for a while behind the scenes, and my development log of the project's available over on the "Present Evidence" subforum for you all to check out.
viewtopic.php?f=10&p=1417189#p1417189

This is a GUI centred program which will enable you to create cases in PWLib using a graphical interface, rather than using the scripting method that's set out for it. Yes, this won't be the most code-efficient method of creating cases, but I feel that it'll be an easy way for either veterans who want to speed up their workflow to create cases, or new people starting out which are constantly searching for threads on MB's Casemaker. (Yes, the forbidden name).

Here are a few screenshots of the first ever release I made:

I'm only releasing the program to a small group of testers at the moment, as I don't feel it's ready for a full public release, but I still want to improve the program off user feedback. So, I'm starting this closed beta as a way to do so.
I don't know what the cap on it will be, but simply leave a reply to this post or contact me on Discord at "king d#4405" to enroll, and I'll send you a download link.

Also, some quick gameplay footage before I go:

I'll also send a link to a feedback form, which you can use to send me useful development information (And also gain my eternal gratitude).

If you want to see **up to date screenshots** then look in the following development log thread, because this top post shows a very primitive version of the program.
viewtopic.php?f=10&p=1417189#p1417189

Thanks, all.
:godot:
Code broke, I blame StackOverflow.
Code:
if (henke==true && !working) { Console.WriteLine("Yell"); }

Last edited by c272 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0.2.2 ReleasedTopic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

The new 0.2.2 beta for easyCase has now been released.
This is the third pre-release build for easyCase Casemaker, and will be released as the beta version for public testing. This release brings about a ton of new features, as well as reinstating nearly all poses, characters and backgrounds from the trilogy. Downloads will be hosted through several mirrors, available through the developer. If any link goes down, please contact c272github@gmail.com.

Patch Notes:
- An Undo function has now been added to easyCase! This allows you to revert mistakes while within the casemaker.
- All default trilogy characters are now available in easyCase, allowing you to add dialogue between characters from across the trilogy.
- You can now pose characters, with nearly 300 poses added.
- You can now use every background from the trilogy, with a GUI selector.
- Fully custom evidence can now be added, replacing the old limited function.
- You can now launch cases from within easyCase, by clicking on the "Run Case" button in the new "Run" tab.
- The name of the player can now be changed from within the "Game Properties" tab.
- The RAM usage of the program has been decreased. Users should see a decrease in 20-30MB of used RAM when running the program.
- Custom profiles can now be added to the Court Record.
- Fixed spelling mistakes in the core PWLib engine (mostly character functions).
- Fixed a bug which prevented .MP3 files from being played due to incorrect formatting in PWLib scripts.
- Fixed a bug with the "Undo" system which allowed the program to incorrectly remove the start of the script.
- Fixed a bug on the "Evidence Present" screen which would prevent users from progressing.
- Fixed a saving bug which could corrupt easyCase saves from previous editions.
- Fixed a bug which caused the final screen to overlay the advanced arrow menu/message box.

You can download this version by contacting the developer on the Court Records forums, or via. Discord, at king d#4405. This is a beta release, and not to be circulated around the community. Doing so will remove you from the beta program.
This is a limited version of the software, and not really fit for release, rather testing. Well, that's all folks. I'll be updating the software as it moves along, and adding test editions. For now, adieu.

When you've used the program sufficiently, please submit feedback via. the below URL.
https://goo.gl/forms/pqMhaIGhHUafQKBy1
Code:
Hotfix 0.2.2bTopic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

Hotfix v0.2.2b
This is the fourth pre-release build for easyCase Casemaker, and is a small patch for the update that went live yesterday. The update broke a number of features within the program, so has been rescinded, and this hotfix is now live instead. This hotfix changes the following patch notes.

Patch Notes:
- Fixed a bug when running cases from within easyCase, having the .LNK file point to an invalid directory every time.
- Fixed inconsistencies in the PWLib engine processing which was preventing backgrounds from loading properly.
- Removed some characters for further optimization and code analysis, as their scripts seem to break some in-engine features of AIGE. These will be readded at a later date.
- Revised the version of easyPWLib used for the update, as the incorrect one was copied previously.

Thanks for being patient.
Enjoy easyCase!
Code:
Re: easyCase GUI Casemaker (Beta Release)Topic%20Title

Yup. I'm a salmon.

Well this looks promising! I'd like to give it a try!
Thank you for your hard work. Looks great so far.

A Codemonkey.

Thanks!
0.2.3 comes out today, so I'll DM you shortly.

Code:
v0.2.3 Release!Topic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

0.2.3 Release
Hello, all! Here's the latest 0.2.3 release for easyCase, focusing a lot on adding all the trilogy characters and in-court action. Here's a screenshot of the new build, alongside a preview of the easyPWLib extension.

Additional to the new court system is the following new characters, 41 of them!
- Acro
- Alien Oldbag
- Andrews
- April May
- Benjamin Woodman
- Bikini
- Cody
- Crash Dick Gumshoe
- Dahlia Hawthorne
- Damon Gant
- Daryan
- Diego Armando
- Drew Misham
- Furio Tigre
- Ini Mimey
- Jake Marshall
- Jean Armstrong
- Judge's Brother
- Katrina
- Lotta Hart
- Luke Atmey
- Manfred Von Karma
- Max Galactica
- Mike Meekins
- Miles Edgeworth
- Miles Edgeworth (Young)
- Moe
- Morgan Fey
- Oldbag
- Will Powers
- Redd White
- Regina Berry
- Sal Manella
- Shelly DeKiller
- Terry Fawles
- Dee Vasquez
- Victor Kudo
- Wellington
- Yanni Yogi
- Dick Gumshoe (Young)
- Winston Payne (Young)

Here's a full changelog of all the additions:

Features:
- 41 new characters added to easyCase, completing the full trilogy set.
- ~350 poses added to easyCase's pose editor.
- Added ability to start and end court scenes.
- Added in the witness stand, defense stand, prosecutor's stand, cocouncil stand and judge table.
- Added the ability to throw down the gavel.
- Implemented witness testimony, in an early state. This function might not work as intended for now, so be careful when using this in your cases.
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "courtroomHall" background failing to initialise properly.
- Fixed that saving for the first time doesn't notify the user that it may take a long time.
- Fixed that stands wouldn't appear in front of characters for in-court sprites.
- Changed the "judgestand" background from Gant's Room.
- Made it so that in-court poses are no longer available when not in court.
- Fixed more spelling mistakes in the PWLib core engine.
- Made the PWLib core engine features more consistent.
- Fixed that creating a new window would not reset the undo loop.
- Refactored the save function.
- Fixed compatibilities with newer PWLib 1.1+ scripts.

You can download this version by contacting me on the Court Records forums, or via. Discord, at king d#4405. This is a beta release, and not to be circulated around the community. Doing so will remove you from the beta program.
Well, that's all folks. I'll be updating the software as it moves along, and adding test editions. For now, adieu.
Code:

Ace Culprit

this is so great!
Now Im back.. i'll be setting up my PC

let's work on this together

A Codemonkey.

Rayaj wrote:
this is so great!
Now Im back.. i'll be setting up my PC

let's work on this together

It would be nice to have a fellow code monkey on the project!
I'll talk to you via. Discord.
Code:
0.2.4 ReleaseTopic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

The belated hotfix with bonus features has finally arrived. Here's all the things you can do after the update, no more and no less, and the more important bugfixes. (There are too many to list, so I've condensed it)

Features:
- You can now add pauses within your case!
- An update notification tool is now bundled with easyCase, which should make it easier to push out updates.
- The easyCase website is now up for beta members, at http://easycase.me
- Added an "About" tab to the main easyCase window.
- Changed the logo/icon to a more updated version.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed the "HOLD IT!" bubble having an extended delay.
- Un-broke the run function, after folderLocation was accidentally reset after when running in 0.2.3.
- Fixed an error with the witness character statement not including a "\n".
- Fixed testimonies getting stuck after start.
- Fixed an error with the testimony engage statement not including a "\n".
- Stopped the message box appearing during testimony popup.
- Fixed an issue with the gavel being hid underneath the message box.
- Fixed a specific use case where the gavel became stuck on screen.
- Removed the placeholder text in "End Testimony".
- Stopped an invalid court slide case from occurring.
- Added a "currentCharacter" global for easy access.
- Fixed that when opening a new window, not all critical variables would be reset.
- Prevented a corrupted config.ezc being made when invalid characters were input into easyCase.

And, as per update, here's the obligatory screenshot:

See you all next week for the 0.2.5 minor patch!
Code:
Release 0.3.0Topic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

I'm back with another update, this time with major breaking changes to previous versions.
This is the sixth pre-release build for easyCase Casemaker, and completely changes most of the features of the editor, refactoring the GUI almost entirely. This may make previous documentation on the editor inaccurate, which is a shame, but it had to be done to improve the way the editor works and its functionality. Custom backgrounds are now FINALLY available! I've been putting them off for so long, and they're now in a live build. All dependencies have also been updated to their latest versions, and the website for easyCase has been changed from http://easycase.me to http://c272.github.io/easycase. Without further ado, here's the patch notes for the third major iteration:

Features:
- Migrated most of the UI into context elements instead of buttons.
- Added custom backgrounds as an available background option.
- Added the option to export the finished project to a portable SFX executable.
- Changed the website for easyCase changelogs to the new GitHub repository.
- Added a "Help" context menu for anyone unsure of what to do while using the program.

Bugfixes:
- Changed the "Pose Char" menu to not force you to pick the currently active character,
rather get it from system memory.
- Added a "currentChar.onScreen" system method for easier access.
- Ported over to the latest version of the SIOClientDotNet, EIOClientDotNet, Immutable and Newtonsoft packages.
- Fixed the "hasLoadedFile" check sometimes failing due to header errors.
- Swapped out LOTS of unoptimized full-string "else if" checks (THE HORROR) for switches and enums.
- Fixed the memory leak when presenting evidence for failure.
- Edited the "about" menu to contain the build version number rather than the live version number.
- Added the "makesfx.exe" dependency and license.

You can download this version by contacting the developer on the Court Records forums, or via. Discord, at king d#4405. This is a beta release, and not to be circulated around the community. Doing so will remove you from the beta program.
This is a limited version of the software, and not really fit for release, rather testing. Well, that's all folks. I'll be updating the software as it moves along, and adding test editions. For now, adieu.

When you've used the program sufficiently, please submit feedback via. the below URL.
https://goo.gl/forms/bgdQpwvzCyfZ4dj42

See you all soon!
Code:
0.3.2 ReleaseTopic%20Title

A Codemonkey.

0.3.2 has been released.
Patch notes are now kept on the Development Log thread.
Code:
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games