Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 39 of 41[ 1610 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Re: Rate the Last Movie you SawTopic%20Title

The Peanuts Movie I'd give it an A+ great movie from start to finish if your a peanuts fan you should watch this movie
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

IT (2017)
Boyfriend made me see it after I walked out the first time (body horror, lads), sat through the whole thing and... the clown was absolute jokes. It was decent, I enjoyed it, and I want liked Beverley’s key necklace. I prefer psych horror but the kids were brilliant actors, but I’m glad I saw it - B+
I'm confident in my hairstyle today.

On a road to nowhere.

Southern Corn wrote:
Wonder Woman- :hobohodo: I liked it just fine. Not Marvel's finest, but it was good.

you FOOL, that movie is DC, not marvel

As for my movie, my most recently watched is Kingsman: The Secret Service - which I'd have to give a 9/10. One of my favorite movies, with some of the best action scenes I've ever seen. Also, Colin Firth shooting people.

Happy Maria

Thor: Ragnarok- :hobohodo: Another classic by DC. I enjoyed it even though I didn't see the previous two. They could've balanced the comedy and the action a bit more though.

I've felt worse.

Southern Corn wrote:
Thor: Ragnarok- :hobohodo: Another classic by DC. I enjoyed it even though I didn't see the previous two. They could've balanced the comedy and the action a bit more though.

I might have enjoyed it a bit more if I had known it was a comedy beforehand. During the first fifteen minutes I thought I was watching a high budget abridged parody. Not that it isn't funny, it just creates a lot of mood dissonance. The Doctor Strange bit? Hilarious. Following it up with
Spoiler:
Odin's death?

Yeahhh, no.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Justice League- :ron: I'm a but surprised that I actually found this a little dull. Admittedly, it has its good moments, but they're far and few between. The humour was also not as good and the ending was pretty lacklustre. Kind of surprised I liked Ragnarok more but at least it kept me intrigued the entire way through.

Which is a pity, because I would've actually liked seeing some of these characters have their own movie. The Flash especially.

Wonder Woman I'd give an A good movie and a awesome soundtrack to compliment it
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Contracted Phase II
It's actually not TERRIBLE because it's interesting and weird. Still pretty bad, but watchable bad.

6 / 10
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Happy Maria

The Greatest Showman- :will: Hot damn, this one was great. I'll admit it had its fair share of flaws (the awkward pacing, the hasty ending, the CGI animals, Zac Efron's inning voice) but the well choreographed musical numbers, wonderful message, lovely atmosphere and Hugh Jackman really sell this one for me. Seriously, Hugh Jackman has so much charisma it's ridiculous.

Ace Procrastinator

Pulp Fiction. Great movie. I give it a 10/10

Star Wars The Last Jedi I'd give it a B+ good movie with plenty of action among other things
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Kingsman: The Golden Circle, a sequel to the first one — should have never been released, bad film, everything fun and exiting in the first film is absense or dull.

4/10
”My bars passed the bar exam, no law school”
Lil Wayne 2013

The Greatest Showman - not only did it make me get off my ass and start training in circus again, but I honestly loved it all the way through. I enjoyed the songs, the aerial performances, and Zac Efron's singing - Hugh Jackman was brilliant, but Zac Efron did it for me. Enjoyed every second he was on screen. I have a membership thing for the cinema so I'll probably see it again.

(I can see why critics weren't too sure, but personally, I can't fault it because I had so much fun watching it)
I'm confident in my hairstyle today.

Happy Maria

Black Panther- :will: - Incredibly refreshing movie. Hardly even felt like a superhero movie watching it, somehow. It had a really good story, some nice characters and the message was just beautiful and delivered just as beautifully. I had a few tiny nitpicks at first, but the back half was just amazing and more than made up for it. A must see even if you don't like superhero movies that much.

Happy Maria

Mr. Bean's Holiday- :will: - I'd honestly forgotten how enjoyable Mr. Bean can be. Absolutely loved this movie from start to finish, never a dull moment! I was laughing the whole way through, almost. My favourite part is by far the climax. It's just so hilariously fitting!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Southern Corn wrote:
Mr. Bean's Holiday- :will: - I'd honestly forgotten how enjoyable Mr. Bean can be. Absolutely loved this movie from start to finish, never a dull moment! I was laughing the whole way through, almost. My favourite part is by far the climax. It's just so hilariously fitting!

Ooh, that one. I will always remember when I saw it at the movies because it was the same day my little sister was born :edgey:

Speaking of which, the latest movie I saw was Coco, with said sister. I loved it. First thing first, it looked absolutely stunning, especially the land of the dead. The story was great too. When it comes to plot twists, my bars are pretty low when it comes to animated movies, I always get surprised and impressed by them, and this was no exception. It was quite sad, too. At one point I could hear some poor kid behind me gasping for air for crying too much x) Also, it was quite refreshing to see a children's movie deal with a heavy subject like death in this way and not shy away from it while still keeping the movie charming, happy and funny.
I'd rate it 4 or 5 out of 5. Right now I can't find a flaw in it, but I'd have to watch it again to trust my judgment.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Tomb Raider (2018 w/ Alicia Vikander). Being a huge fan of the new iteration of Tomb Raider, I really enjoyed this movie as well. I was surprised that its plot is essentially an alternate story of the 2013 game, in which Lara goes on an expedition to find the lost kingdom of Yamatai. In the movie, she goes out in search of Yamatai because she deduced that that was where her father disappeared to.
I really liked Alicia's portrayal of Lara, able to be a badass like Lara always is as well as showing weakness when Lara thinks she's in over her head. I'd give it a 7.5/10 or 8/10. I think the climax could have been longer.
One thing I think the movie did a great job in over the game is how much killing Lara does. Both the game and the movie have Lara's first kill as a focusing point, and it is obviously very traumatizing for her. The issue with the game is that she goes on to kill hundreds of people, with no concern for the morality or the effects it could have on her. I suppose that's because it's part of the gameplay, but the narrative doesn't support this. Anyway, there's significantly less of that in the movie.
Spoiler: Movie, 2013 game, and Rise of the Tomb Raider
So compared to the 2013 game, I think the game has a better story since Lara has a better arc, minus the narrative dissonance with the killing. However, the movie does a better job at setting up the overall plot for future instalments than both Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. There is an open-ended ending in the movie with Lara accepting to continue her father's fight against Trinity. Rise of the Tomb Raider introduces Trinity as a major antagonist for the following game quite sloppily, almost retconning it into 2013's story. I say "almost" because if you collect all GPS caches in the 2013 game you get a hint that an agent of Trinity came to Yamatai. But it's revealed in Rise of the Tomb Raider that they had knowledge of the events of the 2013 game, with no means of how they did it.
Edit: I think Lou Ren deserved more screen time in the movie. He was set up to be the male lead but got pushed aside once Lara found her father. He does make essential contributions in the second act as well as save Lara at the end, however.

Happy Maria

Emoji Movie- …I don't know if my normal rating system can really be applied to this movie, so I'm going to have to think of something different for this. While I think of it though, here's my review.

Spoiler: If you're actually scared of being spoiled on this then I dunno what to tell you
So, overall thoughts on it? …Don't kill me for saying this, but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Don't get me wrong though, it was still bad to the point where I kept all the curtains closed and the door locked (no one must know), but I don't have as bad an opinion on it that others do. It's a pretty easy target anyhow, but it was…eh.

The story is almost the same thing as Foodfight. That's already a brilliant start to the whole thing. All these objects you thought were inanimate are actually real and live in their own world, but when something bad happens to them the dumb protagonist and his even more moronic sidekicks have to save their world from being ruined while this terrible female villain tries to stop them. In the end, everything goes back to normal, the protag gets their girl and their dumb message is forced in. I'm pretty sure they both end on a dance number too. Horrifying shit.

The best part of the story was just how technologically inaccurate it was. Some things you could handwave by saying 'oh it's just a movie so it's creative license' but some stuff makes no sense, like making internet trolls just beings inside the phone?! The end is an absolute copout too. The dumb kid Alex or Arthur or whatever goes to get his phone deleted because it starts malfunctioning all the time but when Gene EXPRESSES HIMSELF (BECAUSE THAT'S THE THEME OF THE MOVIE, GET IT?!) and now is malfunctioning in a way that benefits Austin, he just goes "oh okay I guess this is good now" and unplugs the phone, WHICH ALSO BRINGS BACK ALL THE DELETED DATA?! Which allows those idiots to live I guess. Except Smiler, I dunno what happens to her after she gets crushed by her dumbbot.

The characters were hilariously entertaining in how they were all assholes. They make all these jokes which actually bring negative messages. Like when Gene and Hi-5 leave on their great adventure and the red wagon comes and asks if it can go, Hi-5 just says "TALK TO THE HAND LOL" (which is just another way of putting his middle finger forward) and they abandon him. And then there's this joke about how Jailbreak, now revealed to be a princess, can't just whistle and have birds come to her because that's a stereotype but afterwards, it turns out that she can do that! Hi-5 even comments on it. Great job, movie! Now I know to always believe stereotypes, good message.

The "romance" between the lead characters, if you can even call it that, was utter garbage. Watching the movie for the first time I could tell just when the writers decided 'Yep, this is the part where the fall in love now'. And when Jailbreak says that she doesn't want to just be in a romance and wants to pursue her own thing, Gene goes "waaaah, she doesn't wanna be with me" and 'meh's out. How sour of him, as well as a good message. Remember, kids, if you ask someone out and they say they aren't interested, you should definitely be angry with them because it's their fault that they don't love your perfect self!

The animation was subpar. Not much to say, it did its job without being bad or in the way. I guess you could say it was…meh.

Jokes were hit and miss, which surprised me because there were actually hits at all. I don't actually remember what they were, given, but I remember liking them so they probably existed as well. Biggest surprise for me was they only had four poop jokes (not including the butt jokes, there were about two or three of those). Incredible restraint on their part to only stop there.

Er, that's mostly all that comes to mind. Terrible movie, but somehow fun to watch (and riff on). Even the popcorn didn't taste that great.

Erm, right, ranking. Well, since they only made four poop jokes…then my ranking is 4 poop emojis!

Image Image Image Image

Out of what depends. If you're enjoying yourself riffing the thing, it's probably out of ten. Otherwise, in terms of genuine enjoyment, it's probably out of hundred. That's my dumb review that no one asked for, I guess.

Happy Maria

The Big Clock- :will: - I really enjoyed this one. It combines the noir genre with a hint of comedy. The plot is pretty good and keeps you on your toes at all times, with a pretty unique solution.

The Maltese Falcon- :ron: - Hmmm. Maybe it's because I watched this one immediately after the last one, but this didn't quite have the effect I thought it was going to have. It was good, I guess, with some pretty memorable moments, but it just falls apart at the last half. The villain is so dull and uninteresting, I honestly thought I was going to fall asleep. And the last half is just boring, filled with just trite exposition and hardly any action. It was a disappointing ending, to say the least.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Round 2 of Noire.

Murder My Sweet- :edgey: - Good movie and all, but it can be pretty all over the place. The story keeps changing at every turn and it's hard to keep track of anything, really. I do like how it comes together at the end, though. Pretty neat, if you ask me.

Double Indemnity- :will: - By far my favourites. This is the epitome of what a noire film is. I love the plot, it seems beautifully woven. The dialogue is excellently written. The personality of the protagonist is also very interesting, especially with how he changes throughout. Definitely a must see if you like noire films.

Kiss of Death (1947 version, not 1995)- :hobohodo: - This one was good, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't feel like a noire film. What's with the title, anyway? It doesn't even have anything to do with the plot. The story is good, though. I like the protagonist enough and the villain as well. The end was also really intense and I was on the edge of my seat during the entire climax. Still better than the Maltese Falcon though

Happy Maria

Round 3 of Noire, wow.

The Killing- :edgey: - This was a pretty fun and entertaining movie. The main problem I have is that it takes much to long to actually get to the heist, focusing more on the planning than the execution. Surprisingly though, that makes the botched execution that much better. I loved how everything came crumbling down right at the end.

The Asphalt Jungle- :will: - Now this one pretty much rectified my main complaint with the last one, namely that it focuses on the aftermath of the robbery rather than the planning. It goes on a little long, sure, but it's pretty entertaining seeing the police taking their own time to arrive to the conclusion. Pretty fun.

The Detour- :edgey: - This one was also all over the place, but definitely felt more noire like than the previous two. The cheapness of the film, strangely enough, actually adds to the quality. I love the "murders" in this film as well and how well "executed" they are. It's great how everything went so wrong just from that one car.

Happy Maria

Bonus before Noire:

Avengers 2-Age of Ultron- :hobohodo: - This movie was fairly enjoyable...well, the end, anyway. The characters are nice and all. There's a lot of foreshadowing here more than anything, and I felt pretty bored during the whole thing.

Captain America-The Winter Soldier- :edgey: -This reminded me more of Wonder Woman than anything, but it's much more depressing...and also more unrealistic. Still a good movie. I like Cap a lot.

And now back to Round 4 of Noire!

Sunshine Boulevard- :edgey: - I liked this movie, though the person I was watching with most decidedly did not. The characters are pretty interesting as well, especially Norma. The ending was...eh. Probably the weirdest part of the whole thing. Can't exactly feel bad for the protagonist.

Kiss me Deadly- :will: - There we go. This movie has the proper spirit for the noire genre, setting up intrigue as it goes along. The villain wasn't that great, though, and the ending felt weirdly timed. It ended on the climax rather than the aftermath. Other than that, good, enjoyable watch.

Pixar's Coco great movie with nice songs I'd give an A
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Happy Maria

Random Superhero movies tangent?

Captain America: Civil War- :ron: - Yeaaah the only thing redeeming about this movie was the fight scenes. Everything else was just kinda boring and the story at the end was just…what?
Spoiler:
So Captain America stops Iron Man from killing Bucky even though he killed his parents? What the eff? That's twisted!

This movie also kinda foreshadows other movies instead of being itself, like Spider-Man and Black Panther. Wasn't impressed by this.

Guardians of the Galaxy- :will: - This was just great to watch. It's hilarious, entertaining, and weird as hell. The entire movie, from beginning to end, is so weird I genuinely laughed out loud at some parts just because of how our of place they felt. I also really liked the pretty unique group dynamic and how all the characters kinda hated each other. Rocket and Groot were by far my favourites, though.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2- :edgey: - It still has the energy and weirdness of the first, but I'd say it's probably weaker in the parts where it gets more emotional. It feels more out of place there and Rocket was also just kinda out of character for now reason. They made him a jerk, even moreso than he was in the first movie. I did like how they expanded on Yondu more though, that was pretty cool.

I've felt worse.

The Entire Goddamn Marvel Cinematic Universe pre-Infinity War (thanks for making me sit though this, bro)
Spoiler: Phase 1
Iron Man
"Yeah. I can fly."
A decent movie to start off the list. ...I don't have much else to say about this one, it did it's job well in introducing the character and taking it seriously (or at least as much as it needed to).
:jake: /10

Incredible Hulk
"You wouldn't like it when I'm hungry. Wait, that doesn't sound right."
I actually really like this one, at least the first two-thirds of it. Banner's plight of trying to control the Hulk while not harming anymore innocent bystanders, along with an antagonist with enhanced agility to match the Hulk's Strong but Unskilled physique? Sign me up.
Unfortunately, the last third doesn't hold up when it's just big monster vs big monster.
:yummy: /10

Iron Man 2
I forgot to include this one while making this list. That's how forgettable it is. Uhhh... oh, I know! The last scene where Tony gets denied from the Avengers made my little brother immediately think of the council scene from Revenge of the Sith. ...Yeah, I got nothing else.
:eh?: /10

Thor
"I need a horse!"
Cocky dude gets knocked down a peg, has to reevaluate his life and fight a traitor. Basically Iron Man 1 IN ASGARD. Visuals are nice, and it introduces Loki's Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, but other than that, eh.
:zap: /10

Captain America: The First Avenger
"I could do this all day."
Younger me's favorite Avenger: the guy who wanted to do the right thing from the start. It's a good film, but the montage sequence kinda doesn't match the supposed strong bond that Cap's unit built.
:apollo: /10

The Avengers
"I'm always angry."
This movie was great at its time, being that it was the first to bring all these characters together and see them fight against some huge threat, and that part is still awesome. The rest of the movie is... it's not terrible, it just left me thinking "can we get to New York, yet?"
:cody-flash: /10

Spoiler: Phase 2
Iron Man 3
Cool.

Thor: the Dark World
Woo, a dark lord. How exciting.
:fire: /10

Captain America: Winter Soldier
"Who the hell is Bucky?"
It had good action, it kept the suspense up, and the Winter Soldier was an admittedly cool villain (even if he's mostly staring intensely at object behind the camera).
:b33r: /10

Guardians of the Galaxy
"What did the galaxy ever do for you? Why would you want to save it?"
"Because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!"
This one's a riot from start to finish. Unfortunately, I can't get the Pina Collada song out of my head.
:draw: /10

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
"I'm the ******* lizard king."
No wait, that's James Spader's character in The Office. It's impossible to take Ultron seriously when Spader's delivery just made him sound too casual.
Also, goddammit, Tony. You don't just build an AI out of a mysterious alien stone and not expect it to want to kill everyone.
:nick: /10

Ant-Man
"I need you to break into a place and steal some shit."
I heard Edgar Wright directed this. Apparently he did work on this, but then he didn't. Shame, I'd have loved to see a take on the Marvel franchise from the guy who directed the Scott Pilgrim adaptation.
Still, the heist movie setup gave a unique flair to the film. ...That's all I really have to say about that one.
:Maskdemasque: /10

Spoiler: Phase 3
Captain America: Civil War
"I retired for five minutes and it all goes to shit."
I get everyone being angry at how the Avengers handled Sokovia, but New York and Hydra weren't even their fault. A lot more people would have died had they not intervened. And let's not forget the time someone tried to nuke New York.
Sill, it's a better Avengers movie than AoU. However, it can't exist without AoU.
:maya-thought: /10

Doctor Strange
The effects are decent.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
It had higher highs than the first one, but it also had lower lows. Rocket may have petty, but he wasn't dumb enough to steal an item he was paid to protect.
:will: /10

Spiderman: Homecoming
"The only way to really be cool... is to follow the rules."
The Staten Island Ferry hasn't allowed civilians to take cars onto the ferry for a while. 0/10
It's a decent movie. Tom Holland's acting certainly helps. Just don't call Michelle "MJ" in future movies.
:edgy: /10

Thor: Ragnarok
"YES! THAT'S HOW IT FEELS!"
Even better on a second viewing. The humor still holds up, and knowing that it isn't really about Ragnarok until it actually is helps the pacing of the movie.
:scientific: / 10

Black Panther
"Delete that footage!"
Good. Solid. Erik was a well fleshed out villain, although in hindsight, he and Vulture are rather similar.
:youngmia: / 10

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Avengers Infinity War- :edgey: - I liked it a lot. The multiple perspectives were fun and the Guardians of the Galaxy scenes were great. Main problem is that ending. Maaaaaan, that ending.

The Avengers: Infinity War

9/10, I love the effects, storyline, and humor.
I will really miss Spiderman.

Avengers Infinity War was great all around I'm giving it an A
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Wait this isn't Burger King

Infinity War - What the fuck/10

No seriously I'm so puzzled and indifferent that I literally can't tell if I even like it or hate it.

Okay so pros and cons. Has some big spoilers:
Spoiler: Pros
+Great action. Very thrilling and energetic. While not the best, it's still fun to watch.

+Impressive CG. Typical good Marvel magic.

+Thanos is a decent villain. He's understandable enough that even when he wins you don't get angry about him (emphasis on about him). He still has some issues though, but I'll talk about them eventually.

+The scale feels big and epic. You really do feel like this is a multi-layered, galaxial war, and the movie does this so well.

+It kicks off into high gear right away. The issue some people had with Avengers 1 and Age of Ultron was that it started slow, specifically one. This starts off with a fight in a destroyed spaceship, so we're dealing with good shit already.

+Humor is spot on. Had a joke that actually made me laugh out loud for a while.

+It assembles everyone well enough. Again, I have issues, I'll discuss them later.

+Has some good emotional scenes, except for one scene, which, again, I'll go into later.

+Peter Dinklage and Samuel L. Jackson cameo is nice, I guess. Not much else to say about them.

Spoiler: Cons
-The characters are all over the place. Some characters are their usual selves, others get a bit of a facelift, others are just there, others are just dumbed down and worst case scenario they're just so out-of-character I hate it. Specifically: Peter Quill. Compared to GotG 2 (haven't seen GotG1), he feels too much like an asshole, and does pretty stupid decisions.

-Thanos, despite being well built, isn't built well enough to be as great as the movie expects me to be. I like him, but his character and motivation is lacking sometimes. Something additional would've been nice, ngl.

-No joke when I say every scene plays almost exactly like this:
>Thanos tries to get a stone or goal
>Heroes try to stop him
>Emotions
>Heroes fuck up/are too late
>Thanos succeeds
This makes every scene just feel the same and that hurts the movie, especially in that ending.
Speaking of...

-The movie's ending makes me angry. It tries to make a tear shed, but it does so for the wrong reasons. The fact that Thanos always won was from mostly the incompetence of people, making this feel so forced. It also doesn't help the fact that, no matter how many people die, Marvel does not care; a bunch of upcoming movies of characters who died basically confirm that through some bullshit they'll all come back. No, you do not pretend like nothing just happened, because people we know and love died there. Yes, that's a common comic book trope, but the movie tries to play it like it's a huge deal and that they won't return. In fact, only 2 deaths felt genuine to me, but those didn't even happen in the ending. And the way it just cliffhangs angers me even more. Protip: if you're gonna kill off someone or a lot of people, actually kill them off, at least for a long while.

TL;DR ending tries to make you cry out of sadness, but it ends up making you cry out of anger

Overall it feels like a mess to me. If you wanna watch a good Marvel movie, go watch Black Panther or wait for Deadpool 2. This movie IMO isn't worth the hype for me. Or it does. My criticism isn't gospel, and I already met people who disagree with me, so take this with a grain of salt.
I do things.

Happy Maria

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story- :edgey: - It was enjoyable enough, though I did have my issues with it. It felt more like a slightly less comedic Guardians of the Galaxy to me which is weird and all.

Spoiler: The movie, duh
Plus I was expecting Qi'ra to die at the end so I have no idea what they're actually planning to go with her.

Happy Maria

A Wrinkle in Time- :maggey: - Nope. Didn't like this one bit. The visuals were decent, but there were no subtleties in the script (I don't care that it's written for ten year olds, you don't have to spell everything out) and everything was so gosh darn heavy handed. The actors also had really awful delivery, especially Charles whatever who they keep calling by his full name. Its just...meh, especially after all the hype for it.

Truman Show - What/10

This is easily one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Luckily, it's the good kind of on-purpose not-insane weird, but it's why it's even weird in the first place. It's also one of the most clever movies I have ever watched. Jim Carrey is at some of his finest here. When I watched the movie, it almost never felt like Jim Carrey, he genuinely felt like Truman, which worked to the movies' advantage about him being real in a fake world. It's all solid here. Give it a watch. Be warned, though. Like I said, it's a very weird movie in general.
I do things.

Happy Maria

Incredibles 2- :will: - Bloody amazing movie, better than the first. Fight scenes, animation, story and characters are topnotch. I liked it more than Infinity War, I daresay.

Incredibles 2 - 10/10

That wait time of 14 years was damn worth it.

This movie is at heart the first one but with more of everything and sometimes even better. The plot may be a bit too predictable, but that was clearly not the focus; it wanted to show you more of the characters you love, more of the humor, more of the conflict and interactions. Overall, as the trike kid from the first movie said:
"THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!"
I do things.

Incredibles 2 was a good enjoyable movie I'll give it an A
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Happy Maria

Ant-Man- :hobohodo: - Like someone said earlier, the heist movie setup to this one was really neat, and I did like this overall but…I dunno, I feel there was just something missing here to really make it amazing. I think there was some wasted potential with the fight scenes, honestly. I liked the idea of the climax taking place in a
Spoiler:
kid's house,
but I wish it lasted there longer and made use of its setting better. The chemistry between Scott and Hope also just wasn't there at all for me.

On the plus side, the father-daughter relationship in this was really cool and sweet.

Happy Maria

Ant-Man and the Wasp- :edgey: - I liked this much better than the original. Comedy was on point and I like the emphasis on some other characters who weren't in the spotlight last movie. It was very enjoyable. My only problems are with the second half and how everything abruptly ends. The subplots aren't really tied up neatly and I was disappointed by the villain. Still, quite a good movie.

Spoiler: Post credits
Also lol rip everyone 10/10 anticlimax. Guess Scott's stuck there till next Avengers.

Pixar's Brave was a good movie with nice background music I'm giving it an A
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Antman and the Wasp - Comic Book Movie/10

I was really spaced out while watching this movie (although maybe it's because I didn't see the first one), but even then I was just having one hell of a time all the way through. It felt stupid to me (although I can't tell if it was, I was spaced out for most of it), but it was definitely a fun riot from start to finish. Give it a watch.

Also Luis truth serum scene is just :gant:
I do things.

Frozen was an alright movie with some nice songs I'll give it a B+
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
Page 39 of 41 [ 1610 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios