Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 8 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Prologue)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

Irene stops laughing and walks over to Jerry and James. "Very well, I believe this is enough. Do get off of the poor director."

Raul had been silently listening to James for a while, but he slowly walked up to him after his latest remarks, and stared at him, completely ignoring Jerry.

"What the hell makes you think you have the right to give us some sort of ultimatum?" He said, still talking in his usual tone. "You're going up against 17 people here, and you seem to be pretty helpless against just one..."

He turned to the others. "If he keeps this up, we might have to find a way to restrain him." He looked to the floor. "...well, not like that is too hard to do. Maybe we can just ignore you for now." He said, walking back to the group.
Signature loading, please wait...

Jerry blushed a bit, and heaved himself up.

"I'm dearly sorry old chap, I did not mean to do that in the slightest. How about I make it up to you over some ice cream?"

Happy Maria

James slowly got up as best as he could and started backing away from the other students. "You're all morons and hypocrites", he hissed angrily. "I don't care if you refuse my ultimatum either, you bloodied hypocrite. Stay away from me lest you become my next victim instead."

Jerry wasn't listening and had already gotten himself some ice cream.

Happy Maria

James's eye twitched. He quickly walked over to Jerry and tried to snatch the ice cream from Jerry. Unfortunately, his grip was too strong, so he ended up failing and falling over, hitting his head. He didn't seem to be moving or conscious, and his eyes were closed. Perhaps he died.

Raul patted Jerry's back. "Good job, you really took care of him efficiently!" He said, sounding actually sincere.

"That's one less problem to worry about. We can't leave him there though..." He said, walking towards James's unconscious body (corpse?).

"Yes, alright then," said the ice cream taster, finishing off his ice cream. He picked James up and lightly shook him.

"Hey, are you ok? Wake up please."

"Oh good, people are already losing their nerves and talking about killing to escape..." Urumi softly muttered between chewing her thumbnail. "And my roommate 'always has a plan' that nobody sees coming. Great. Great, great, great..."

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
"Yes, alright then," said the ice cream taster, finishing off his ice cream. He picked James up and lightly shook him.

"Hey, are you ok? Wake up please."

James slightly opened his eyes to look at who was speaking. When he realised whom it was, he suddenly screamed and jumped away, still weak from the ordeal he just endured. "Y-you absolute madman! Is this your way of revenge?!" He started backing away once more, still wary of the others.

Equipped with Game

"Killing...." Mitzi sighs as if just registering the message, "I'm on the verge of death anyways....but I'd prefer to die on my own terms." She coughs loudly, putting on a blue glove from her IV stand in her coughing fit as she coughs blood into it, "anyways if anyone here is killing anyone keep it away from me....you guys might have STDs and blood is one of the ways those go around...especially HIV." She peels her glove off of her, and shoves it into a bright yellow bag hanging from her stand with the radioactive symbol on it, "I try to be careful for you guys too with my illness...I expect the same in return."

She gives a callous look to James, acknowledging the fact he hurt himself but paid it no more mind then that.

Sock

Rinea spent the past few minutes laughing at James and Jerry. "Man, you guys are hilarious! Incredibly stupid, but funny as hell!"

She stops her laughter for a moment to breathe. "I'm real glad I went on this trip now. This is way more fun than I imagined!"

Happy Maria

In an attempt to compose himself, James readjusted his collar and leered at Rinea. "Yes, of course. I'm not at all surprised that you're the lowest common denominator or the group here, "Doctor". Tell me, how do you even get people to trust a lunatic like you?"

Southern Corn wrote:
In an attempt to compose himself, James readjusted his collar and leered at Rinea. "Yes, of course. I'm not at all surprised that you're the lowest common denominator or the group here, "Doctor". Tell me, how do you even get people to trust a lunatic like you?"

The Contortionist rolled her eyes. "And here we see Mister Pot meeting Miss Kettle."

"H-hey, let's try not to fight, alright? We've all just met each other, after all! If we really are stuck here, we have to learn to get used to each other!" Florian says with a determined nod.

Happy Maria

"Oh, I see. Very clever, Miss Anomaly of Nature. Unfortunately for you, you happen to be very, very wrong." James finished putting back his ruffle on. "Unlike the rest of you, I am very sane. No delusions of escape, no forced idealism, and I actually stick to my ethics and beliefs." He snorted derisively at the others. "In fact, in comparison to you barbaric, crude charlatan, I am an angel- a messenger from above to inform you of your foolishness. You all should be thanking me currently, in fact." He took out his camera and aimed it at the others. "Well? I'm waiting."
Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch1 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Spoiler: Prologue END
After a little more discussion, the passengers disperse throughout the blimp, anxiously awaiting their arrival at their first destination.

Chapter 1: I've Seen the Lights Go out on Broadway

As the rest of the day continued on, the sky began to dim, slowly turning the clouds below into red silhouettes.

“Well, would ya’ look at that! We’re headin’ into a city!” Oscar shouts, looking out the window.

Indeed, the view outside the airship now showed a dense metropolis, populated by many tall skyscrapers lining the meandering streets far below.

“Simply unfortunate…” Keri remarks, “I was enjoying the view of the majestic sky… but now it’s been crowded out by dull concrete and steel…”

“Wait,” Boetius says, “…Where is everyone?”

The other passengers quickly pick up on what he’d noticed. Both the streets and buildings were deserted, completely devoid of cars and people. Some of the windows had lights on in them, but no one appeared to be inside. What must have once been a bustling city now looked like little more than a ghost town.

“Gosh…” Oscar mumbles, “What happened here?”

Before they can discuss this any longer, the intercom turns on.

Click

“Hello, passengers!” Otto’s voice flows throughout the blimp. “We are approaching the first stop on our journey! Please prepare your belongings for depar-” Suddenly, Otto’s voice cuts off, as if he was distracted by something. His voice sounding a little more panicked, he shouts, “Hey, watch where you’re steerin’ this thing!”

“Oh, lighten up, boss. I’m doin’ fine.” Kyle’s voice can be heard across the intercom, seemingly from further away.

“No, you bloody well are not!” Otto replies, “Quick, pull up! You’re about to crash right into-”

Suddenly the blimp comes to a jarring halt, accompanied by the wrenching drone of metal against metal. The jolt causes many on the ship to stumble or fall, as well as knocking a few lighter objects onto the ground.

“Oh fff-”

Click

The impact manages to knock Mitzi to the floor, but fortunately, Bryan catches her IV stand before it hits the ground as well. He offers a hand to Mitzi and says, “Hey, you alright?”

Mitzi, not looking particularly impressed, stands up on her own and yanks the IV stand from Bryan’s grasp. She glares at him and says, “Great, thanks. Now I’ve gotta sanitize this damn thing again.” She turns and storms out of the room.

“Uhh… you’re welcome!” Bryan calls after her. Then he shrugs and shakes his head. “Ay caramba…

The ship sways slightly to the left before the engine revs up again, moving the ship noticeably backwards and upward. Then the cruise continues. The passengers look out the window and notice that a nearby skyscraper is now sporting a jagged, broken lightning rod, presumably the reason for the noise.

“Those ingrates!” James shouts, getting up from the floor. “That almost broke my camera! I bet this thing costs twice as much as the hunk of junk we have for a pilot!”

“Oh ho…” Circe says, watching James’s outburst with interest. “You must care a lot about that camera, huh?”

James shoots her an icy glare. “What are you implying?”

Click

“On behalf of the entire crew, let me apologize for any discomfort or injuries during landing! Seriously, this is the last time I make that mistake!” Kyle begs earnestly.

“Yeah, and this is the last time I let you pilot this thing…” Otto says in an uncharacteristic monotone, then continues, “Uh… a-anyway! Here we are!”

The ship revs and decelerates too quickly once again, though this time not as violently. They had stopped, and, looking outside, they seemed to be at a strange port on top of one of the buildings.

“Uh… please prepare to disembark for a fun and entertaining tour! Although the tour is not mandatory, it will definitely be fun and entertaining! Because of that it’s basically mandatory, unless you wanna look like a total stick in the mud!”

Most of the passengers decide to take the tour. As they go to the exit, they are struck by a strong, cool breeze, which whips loudly down the hallway. Also in the entry hallway is V.A.L., who is lying on its back on the floor, waving its arms about frantically.

“Bzzt, assistance required. Assistance required. I am not equipped with gyropscopic self-righting technology.”

A few of the passengers exchange annoyed glances and then, with strenuous effort, lift V.A.L. back onto its treads. Afterwards, they continue out of the blimp.

At the door, they can look around and notice the great grey balloon they had been living in, as sleek and cutting-edge as the rest of their new environment. Below, the bottom of the carriage is clamped into some sort of indentation, meaning this was an intended stop for the airship. There is also a staircase from the door of the ship down to a path across the roof, which otherwise seems to be covered in PVC waterproofing.

The passengers find themselves on the roof of a tower, tall enough to rise above most of the other buildings in the city. While most of the roof is fairly uninteresting, the view over the edge of the skyscraper is far more noteworthy, showing many skyscrapers just like the one the blimp has landed on. The skyscraper with the freshly-broken lightning rod seems to be just across the street, too short to reach the level of the roof. The ground itself is too far down to see clearly, but it seems to be just as empty as the other buildings. Fortunately, the edge of the roof and the walkway coming from the blimp are both equipped with sturdy railings.

Positioned at the end of the path, a few feet away from the edge of the roof is a small structure housing an elevator, ostensibly leading down into the building.

“Please step into the elevator. However, please pay mind to the capacity warning, since some of you look rather hefty…”

Distant cackling can be heard from the wristbands. It seems the audio of the announcement has switched from the speakers inside the blimp to the watches on everyone’s wrists.

“Great,” Boetius mumbles, shaking his head. “Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, our kidnappers start a shitty stand-up routine…”

The group crowds together to cram into the elevator, which features mirrors on all sides.

“Alright. First, go one floor down, to floor 45.”

When the doors slide open on the top floor, the passengers are greeted with an expansive room.

Spoiler: Floor 45
A large elegantly-decorated ballroom spreads out before them, with many tables and chairs along the sides and a huge area in the middle for dances. There’s a stage in the front where musical performances may be held. In addition, there’s a set of turntables with many tracks on them. Next to the turntables is an area to control the room’s lighting. Next to the front is also a killer boombox. Wall-to-wall windows give the entire room a modern look.

“This should be a nice place to get together and have some fun, I think. Uh… I mean, it’s a ballroom, what do you want me to say? Get a move on, please, next floor!”

“What?” Oscar shouts, interrupted on his way to examine the boombox. “We’ve barely been in here for a minute!”

“This room is almost entirely occupied by an empty floor, so there’s not much to see here,” Kyle replies, “Now, return to the elevator please, and we will journey down to Floor 44.”

Spoiler: Floor 44
A spacious lounge immediately greets the passengers. There seems to be a kiosk in the center from which beverages are made and sold. Digging through the supplies reveals several different blends of coffee for mornings, as well as some late-night drinks. Unfortunately, even though there are appliances and utensils for making snacks, there is no food. There are wickedly sharp knives here, though. The rest of the floor wraps around the kiosk, containing couches, tables, and lamps, all of which are strangely angular and look like they can be built into interesting shapes. Again, exploring around the perimeter shows that there’s windows on all sides.

The passengers spread out around the room, examining the lounge. Jerry heads over to the kiosk and lets out a disappointed sigh. “Alas, there isn’t a single quart of ice cream here… I suppose the collection in the galley will have to be enough.”

“Again, guys.” Kyle’s voice returns from the passengers’ bracelets, reaching an uncomfortably high pitch in his annoyance. “It’s just a casual tour; you really don’t need to leave the elevator. Please enjoy yourselves and all, but this is just getting ridiculous. Get ahold of yourselves.”

“You seem to be in an awfully large hurry to get this over with,” Irene remarks, “May I ask why?”

“Because the next episode of Surfer in the Senate comes on in ten minutes, and I’m not missing the net neutrality debate because you nerds can’t get your act together!” Kyle shouts, “Now, let’s go, next floor!”

Spoiler: Floor 43
A gym with tons of training equipment spread across the entire area. There are weights racked on the far side of the room, treadmills clustered in the center, and strange structures standing tall as a backdrop. There are additionally crates of bands, ropes, and medicine balls. The ground is padded and makes for easy movement between the varied machines. For the third time, every outer wall is a window, but on this floor, the blinds are closed.

“Ah, a gym!” Bryan exclaims, “It’s always good to get plenty of exercise!”

“Please be realistic, everyone. I do not doubt that some of you will use this equipment, but the rest of you are kidding yourselves…”

A quick bout of cackling once again crackles through the speakers.

“Ugh, would it kill them to get some new material?” Urumi asks.

Jerry crosses his arms and says, “Just to be clear, I do get plenty of exercise! The walk to the ice cream parlor is at least ten blocks, and I would never take the subway.”

“Probably cause it doesn't move while you’re on it, huh?” Rinea says, smiling.

“Hey, knock it off!” Koichi shouts, “The key to a good unit is cooperation, and cooperation means not making fat jokes!”

“Anyway, that’s enough of these floors, let’s head to floor ten.” Kyle says.

Spoiler: Other Floors
The elevator shudders downward for a while before Abby speaks up.

“W-W-Wait, Floor 10? Wouldn’t that k-kill us? According to the rules, we can’t travel further than two hundred feet from the blimp…”

“Oh sorry, there was a mistake in the schedule here. It is true. I do believe you all might die. The last floor you can access is floor 36.”

Everyone shares a frightened glance and then scrambles to the buttons, desperately mashing them in an attempt to stop the contraption’s ruthless descent. Thankfully for them, the ride stops plummeting right at floor 38.

“Right, so I was just informed that you indeed cannot ride the elevator all the way down and live. We have placed caution signs in the elevator shaft to prevent that, assuming the elevator knows how to read. Which it probably doesn’t. Most elevators cannot read, last I checked. Anyway, the rest of the building is just a bunch of hotel rooms. Feel free to check all that out, since I’m checking out of this tour. Please let us know if you had any issues with it. Thank you, and have a great evening.”

All the rooms that the passengers can access in the hallways have the same design. The furniture is fairly standard, consisting of a TV, sofa, desk, bed, and so on. A beautiful stained-glass lamp jutting from the wall over the sofa casts light across the room. There are tiny bathrooms containing standard amenities, such as towels and soap. Each room has one large window on the outside wall. Every desk has a phone with a cord, dreadfully reminiscent of the one on the ship. The doors to the bedroom have two locks on them: one being a chain lock and the other a simple deadbolt.

Map

Spoiler: Free Time Events
It’s that time again! Get ready for some buddy-buddy time!

For those who just checked in from Spectatorville and are totally lost on what’s going on, a Free Time Event is a quicktopic between two passengers where they can do some one-on-one RPing. One FTE request will start the event, and it just takes another to make it permanent. Each person gets one FTE request per chapter.

Also available are these “special FTEs,” which aren’t canon but only cost one FTE request this time. Neither of them can last for more than one chapter either.

1. The Ouija Board: Feelin’ depressed that you never got to hang out with Bob before he kicked the bucket? Well, with this, you can drag him back to the land of the living to have some pleasant conversations and spooky shenanigans! You can’t use this on a character whom you FTE’d while still alive though.

2. The Love Suite: During one of these, one character will play the role of the other’s “ideal fantasy.” Don’t know what that means? Don’t worry! JM knows, and he’s the only one who will use these anyway.

To start things off strong, here’s an announcement. Remember when you picked rooms earlier? Well, everyone gets a free FTE with their roommate. It won’t be permanent, but you can make it so with a single FTE request. You’ll also have your normal FTE request to use this chapter too!

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

A little annoyed that his camera almost broke as well as the fact that his argument with the others had been interrupted, James simply huffed. "This is hardly ideal. Now we're on some third rate skyscraper in an abandoned city? Maybe I should just push one of you off and make our lives easier. And don't think of trying to befriend me either, you swines. I know how unsubtle you folk can be, simply saying "Oh, it would be nice if we could spend some time together" or some similar nonsense. I will have none of that, believe you me."

He left and went to the lounge on floor 44, eyeing the wickedly sharp knives there carefully. Perhaps they'd be useful…

Florian breathes heavily before readjusting his gloves and bowtie and attempting to put on his signature smile. "Sheesh...I am not good with elevators and other tight spaces like that.."

The butler then clears his throat. "Oh, and just as a reminder, I'll be around if anyone needs anything from me, so please feel free to call on me at any time!" Florian says, unsure of why the last part of his sentence came out in a stronger tone.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"This is not a bad building, all things considered. It could have been worse." Irene contemplates.

"In any case, I shall be on floor forty-four in case anyone would require me, for any reason. Goodbye." Still smiling, she gives a light wave and heads up to floor 44.

Raul looked around the place. "Doesn't seem like there is useful here, in terms of helping us escape. Still, it might be for the best that we quickly look over some of the rooms we can access just in case. And to keep an eye for anything suspicious..." He said, looking at the director as he went off on the elevator."

"And of course, we need to keep strengthening our bonds as a group, so feel free to talk to me at anytime. We are going to get out of here, sooner or later!"

Boetius stands at the roof's railing, looking down at the city below. His shoulders seem somehow even more slumped than usual.

"And here I thought we were going down there..." he sighs, "This place sucks."

He simply continues to stand there and stare down at the streets below.

Equipped with Game

Mitzi wipes her IV with a antibacterial wipe desperately, distraught from being in the elevator in such close proximity to others. "Gyms are a hive mind of germs...." Without saying any kind of good bye she heads off to floor 44. "This seems like the best to be.... A bit disorganized but I can fix it up....I should have more gloves..." She mumbles all the way to the floor, talking to herself.

Shy guy

"So this is where we are to be confined..." Keri said softly. Apparently intent on checking out floor 45, she drifted off for the elevator, humming a tune as she went.

fella

"Sheesh, Mr. Director sure has a massive stick up his ass..." Bryan quietly mumbled to himself, scratching behind his head.

"Anyway, I'll be on floor 43 if anyone wants me or somethin'," he announced as he departed towards the elevator. "Feel free to talk to me any time! I'd love to get to know you all a little bit more."

Alex looked around at her fellow classmates that hadn't gone off on their own yet. "If anyone wants to talk to little ol' me, I'll be on the 44th floor for now! Don't be a stranger now y'all, ya hear?" She smiled, and then went to the lounge, and began making herself a cup of coffee.

Koichi turned to Bryan. "Correction! There are no sticks up anyone's asses. Rinea will likely be able to confirm using her medical expertise, presumably in an area of proctology!"

Sock

"No." Rinea shakes her head. "Koichi has a massive stick up his."

"Y-Your prognosis is flawed!" Koichi points out. "However, it would be inappropriate to check at this very moment. Instead, perhaps it's impertinent to discuss something very important on hand..."

Kachu wrote:

"Huh? Really!? That sounds serious..."

The butler turns to Koichi. "That must really hurt! Please allow me to remove it, Mister Tachibana!" Florian says with determination.

Jack looked around a bit, mostly transfixed by the sight out the window. He cupped his hands over his mouth. "Hey! Dr. Fletcher!"

Happy Maria

James was reaching for the knife when he saw Alex come in. He quickly took his hand away and nodded at her. "Ah, good day. Come for your own cup, I see. Enjoy." He walked away from the knife, though he still eyed it strangely.

TheLetterF wrote:
Kachu wrote:

"Huh? Really!? That sounds serious..."

The butler turns to Koichi. "That must really hurt! Please allow me to remove it, Mister Tachibana!" Florian says with determination.

"I-I assure you, there is nothing to worry about! My health is in perfect condition, internally and externally."

Koichi turned to see the deserted city out a window, looking greatly concerned. "Right now, I am most concerned about our situation. Where exactly were we taken? I cannot comprehend what is happening, exactly."

"It's not that weird. Every city is empty if you think about it--consumerism, materialism, capitalism, marketing...everybody completely devoid of independent thought." Jack seemed to be getting lost in his thoughts again.

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sock

Rinea skips on over to Jack. "Yes yes! Whaddya need?"

"This is just uncanny." Boetius walks out of the elevator, moving towards the other passengers.

"No city is ever this empty. No city ever should be this empty, actually. It's giving me the creeps."

Jack grabbed a knife and handed it to Rinea. "Do you think you could cut the bomb out of me? We'll probably need a needle and thread too, but that shouldn't be so hard to find..."

Equipped with Game

Mitzi takes a seat in the corner of one of the couches on the 44 floor then instantly stands up, "I'm too used to the cleanliness of my own home....I must be careful..." She lays a napkin down on the seat and sits back down on it, keeping her legs away from touching the couch looking uncomfortable, "Maybe I should get a towel in stead, " She appears teary.

"I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see that..." Alex said.

She kept one eye on James as she made her cup of coffee.

Sock

"Of course I can. It'll be great! I've never got to cut someone like you open before..."

Rinea turns to the rest of the group in the room with her. "Hey, if anyone of you also want those damned bombs out, come with me and Mr. Jack!" She puffs her chest out proudly. "It'll be a breeze! But I refuse to perform surgery on any of the dumb idiots here. You all deserve your fate!"
Page 8 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus