Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 27 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch1 Class Trial)Topic%20Title

"Alright okay, boss said it was gonna come to this at some point! Lemme tell you all about lifelines! You get one of each... Ever. So be careful using them, because next trial you might feel like an idiot! And you might be one too:"

Hangman’s Gambit: All the characters jointly decide on a question to ask. The answer will be hidden, but each character gets to guess a letter. Two wrong guesses (or multiple, depending on the length of the answer) and the minigame ends. Order can be decided before minigame, but no discussion on which letters to guess can take place

Rebuttal Showdown/Scrum Debate: Two (or multiple) characters can argue on a point, at the end it’ll be revealed which side was closer to the correct answer.

Climax Reasoning: One character is chosen to put together a numbered list of everything they know about the case (the number of items in the list is determined by the Sky Vista Cruises team). At the end, they’ll be told how many items were incorrect.

Logic Dive: One player is chosen to answer multiple choice questions about the case privately in a rapid fire manner. It ends when two incorrect answers have been given or the point of discussion for the dive has been resolved.

"So that's your safety net. Use those four up and you're on your own. It's gonna be a long trip."

[Blatantly stolen from F3]

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ASCEND

((Who the frick is Monokuma??

Also, white powder wasn't dust. And the bedsheets don't match the wound))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

[put something witty here]

"Ah, there's something that I hadn't really given much thought to earlier, but it happened while we were cleaning up after the party." Oscar says. "Before midnight and after we discovered the elevator wasn't taking us to the roof, that intern sounded like he was scolding someone. What wasn't he said? Er..."

Spoiler:
'Hey Einstein, watch the lights! This place would blow my entire college fund, so I want to be invited back some day!'

"... something to that effect, anyway. Not sure if it's of use." He shrugs.

Happy Maria

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Alright okay, boss said it was gonna come to this at some point! Lemme tell you all about lifelines! You get one of each... Ever. So be careful using them, because next trial you might feel like an idiot! And you might be one too:"

Hangman’s Gambit: All the characters jointly decide on a question to ask. The answer will be hidden, but each character gets to guess a letter. Two wrong guesses (or multiple, depending on the length of the answer) and the minigame ends. Order can be decided before minigame, but no discussion on which letters to guess can take place

Rebuttal Showdown/Scrum Debate: Two (or multiple) characters can argue on a point, at the end it’ll be revealed which side was closer to the correct answer.

Climax Reasoning: One character is chosen to put together a numbered list of everything they know about the case (the number of items in the list is determined by the Sky Vista Cruises team). At the end, they’ll be told how many items were incorrect.

Logic Dive: One player is chosen to answer multiple choice questions about the case privately in a rapid fire manner. It ends when two incorrect answers have been given or the point of discussion for the dive has been resolved.

"So that's your safety net. Use those four up and you're on your own. It's gonna be a long trip."

[Blatantly stolen from F3]

"I see." James nodded. "This seems quite useful. Perhaps we should use one of these "lifelines"?", he asked, smiling towards the group.

lcarus wrote:
"Ah, there's something that I hadn't really given much thought to earlier, but it happened while we were cleaning up after the party." Oscar says. "Before midnight and after we discovered the elevator wasn't taking us to the roof, that intern sounded like he was scolding someone. What wasn't he said? Er..."

Spoiler:
'Hey Einstein, watch the lights! This place would blow my entire college fund, so I want to be invited back some day!'

"... something to that effect, anyway. Not sure if it's of use." He shrugs.

"It doesn't seem particularly relevant to me", James said.

"Logic dive for how Jerry got from the blimp to the rod seems most reasonable. I suppose we could also gambit what killed Abby but it doesn't seem very useful."

Southern Corn wrote:
"It doesn't seem particularly relevant to me", James said.

"Neither did I, and yet I felt compelled to share it. Funny how things are?" He chuckles. "On a more serious note, that deal about lifelines is an interesting tidbit. Any pressing question on your mind?"

Happy Maria

"A Rebuttal Showdown on who perished first would be more helpful", James suggested. "That way, we know whose death we should target, as their killer would be the "culprit" per the rules here."

"No let's definitely *not do that." Jack's nose wrinkled. "Pretty sure the same person killed both regardless."

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
"No let's definitely do that." Jack's nose wrinkled. "Pretty sure the same person killed both regardless."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that yet", James sneered. "There's nothing hinting towards a single mastermind here, just idle speculation. Like I said, there's a higher chance of it being two people currently than just one."

"Even if there are two killers I don't think there are two living ones..."

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Even if there are two killers I don't think there are two living ones..."

"First, what makes you think Jerry killed Abby, or vice versa? Secondly, if there are two killer,s then finding out who died first, regardless of whether the culprit here is alive or not is imperative. We cannot wander through this class trial aimlessly- we need to simplify things by focusing on one single murder. Much more straightforward that way, no?", James stated.

Shy guy

"Lifelines appear to be a precious resource. We cannot use one on something that does not give us new, relevant information." Keri said. "If there is only one killer then finding who died first will not help us and the lifeline will be waste. But regardless of how many killers there are, there is information we can acquire that will help us understand more of what happened that night. Most especially if the two murders are connected in some way - it is too much to believe it is simple coincidence that two died on the same day under unrelated circumstances."

"AHA!" Oscar suddenly shouts, snapping his fingers in excitement. "Ahem... I believe I figured out our earlier conundrum of how our killer managed to wheel Jerry off the blimp by themselves. They attached a cord or the like to the elevator, and used that to pull him onto the roof. Such as the cord wrapped around his arm? Seeing as very few of us could push that much weight around on our own, they used that for assistance."

He glances at Irene. "Our good queen also mentioned it being rather sluggish when she rode it down, perhaps due to all the weight it was lugging about. A miracle the elevator never crashed while the man was actually on board when alive. But that's another story, what matters is this is another piece of the mystery solved." Oscar nods confidently, giving himself a silent pat on the back.

"Alright, before we start talking about using these lifeline things, how about everyone takes a minute to think about their investigations and what they remember from the last day, just in case someone forgot to mention something important," Urumi suggested. She closed her eyes and swayed back and forth a little in her seat. "...The robot said it found one bent ironing board, and two with blood on them. It also said the locked room on the 39th floor was 3942. Was that where you set up your little prank?" She leveled her gaze at James.

Happy Maria

"It wasn't a prank, imbecile!" James yelled immaturely at the contortionist. "It was part of my master plan; to make sure you all would never underestimate the genius that is me, James Clement! You do not realise the importance of my very personage, so you need to be taught a lesson for this! You cannot throw me around and hurl your footwear at me! Speaking of, have this back." James threw back Urumi's left sandal thing at her.

lcarus wrote:
"AHA!" Oscar suddenly shouts, snapping his fingers in excitement. "Ahem... I believe I figured out our earlier conundrum of how our killer managed to wheel Jerry off the blimp by themselves. They attached a cord or the like to the elevator, and used that to pull him onto the roof. Such as the cord wrapped around his arm? Seeing as very few of us could push that much weight around on our own, they used that for assistance."

He glances at Irene. "Our good queen also mentioned it being rather sluggish when she rode it down, perhaps due to all the weight it was lugging about. A miracle the elevator never crashed while the man was actually on board when alive. But that's another story, what matters is this is another piece of the mystery solved." Oscar nods confidently, giving himself a silent pat on the back.

"Can something even be tied to the elevator itself? You'd need to force the doors open and tie the cord to the ropes inside, right?"

She caught her sandal pretty easily and looked it over before sliding it back on. "Surprised it's not greasy... Anyway, was it in Room 3942 or not?"

Happy Maria

"Bow at my feet and apologise to me for assaulting me earlier, worm." James tilted his head upwards condescendingly. "Maybe then I'll tell you which room it was."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Can something even be tied to the elevator itself? You'd need to force the doors open and tie the cord to the ropes inside, right?"

She caught her sandal pretty easily and looked it over before sliding it back on. "Surprised it's not greasy..."

"Yes, but remember what Jack said about the panel? It controlled the doors as well, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to think the killer simply lowered the elevator and attached a cord to the lines from the roof." Oscar says.

"...oh, and I'd probably scrub that shoe down before putting it back on. Wouldn't want to take any chances after it's been settled on that side of the room for so long."

Southern Corn wrote:
"It wasn't a prank, imbecile!" James yelled immaturely at the contortionist. "It was part of my master plan; to make sure you all would never underestimate the genius that is me, James Clement! You do not realise the importance of my very personage, so you need to be taught a lesson for this! You cannot throw me around and hurl your footwear at me! Speaking of, have this back." James threw back Urumi's left sandal thing at her.

"Don't worry, man. At the very least I know not to underestimate you. Ketchup stains are the worst, and sometimes they never even come out. No way I'd want to be on the receiving end of it if I got on your bad side.

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"Don't worry, man. At the very least I know not to underestimate you. Ketchup stains are the worst, and sometimes they never even come out. No way I'd want to be on the receiving end of it if I got on your bad side.

"Is that so?", James asked curiously. "I suppose I wouldn't really know. I always did prefer mayonnaise…"

Southern Corn wrote:
"Bow at my feet and apologise to me for assaulting me earlier, worm." James tilted his head upwards condescendingly. "Maybe then I'll tell you which room it was."

"You do know if you're not actually the killer and we get this wrong because you didn't feel like cooperating, there's a chance you'll die too, right, dork? Suit yourself, though," Urumi shrugged, then nodded to Oscar with a tiny smirk. "Yeah, you're probably right. Too late now, though. I'll have to take a hot shower later."

Happy Maria

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"You do know if you're not actually the killer and we get this wrong because you didn't feel like cooperating, there's a chance you'll die too, right, dork? Suit yourself, though," Urumi shrugged, then nodded to Oscar with a tiny smirk. "Yeah, you're probably right. Too late now, though. I'll have to take a hot shower later."

"Director, not 'dork'", James corrected. "I'm not like the rest of you dunderheads- in fact, I'd say I'm the only one who actually cares about the truth here. Though if you want to really know the truth…I really don't even remember the room number. It was just on the 39th floor." He smirked. "So you may continue to go in circles now, if you please."

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
"Director, not 'dork'", James corrected. "I'm not like the rest of you dunderheads- in fact, I'd say I'm the only one who actually cares about the truth here. Though if you want to really know the truth…I really don't even remember the room number. It was just on the 39th floor." He smirked. "So you may continue to go in circles now, if you please."

"If you care about the truth, then a lifeline chosen to narrow our search is counterproductive, for we would be missing out on the full picture." Keri pointed out. "And already truth is lost, for you are now the boy who cried wolf, cursed to never be able to reveal the full truth without mistrust and scorn. It is a pity, for such is a waste of your evident talents."

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"If you care about the truth, then a lifeline chosen to narrow our search is counterproductive, for we would be missing out on the full picture." Keri pointed out. "And already truth is lost, for you are now the boy who cried wolf, cursed to never be able to reveal the full truth without mistrust and scorn. It is a pity, for such is a waste of your evident talents."

"Cease jabbering your empty rhetoric, you brainless zombie", James snapped. "If we focus on one murder, knowing the murderer there is the culprit, then they may very well shed some light on the other incident as well. Little do you know how helpful I am, and yet you disrespect me so casually for it. I will not have this!"

Happy Maria

Thinking about the subject a little more, James raised his head. "I believe the GM clarified for me my memory has returned on the subject of the room number. Indeed, circus freak- it was 3942. Congratulations."

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
"Cease jabbering your empty rhetoric, you brainless zombie", James snapped. "If we focus on one murder, knowing the murderer there is the culprit, then they may very well shed some light on the other incident as well. Little do you know how helpful I am, and yet you disrespect me so casually for it. I will not have this!"

"We can focus on one murder irrespective of knowing if it was the first. And whenever we encounter difficulty, we shift to the other and enter a new train of thought."

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"We can focus on one murder irrespective of knowing if it was the first. And whenever we encounter difficulty, we shift to the other and enter a new train of thought."

"You say this as if it would work every time", James sneered. "In fact, I find it interesting that these so-called "lifelines" have been introduced, almost as if they knew you lot were struggling. I doubt that's coincidental- without them, you would most likely fail and die as our crafty criminal clears out."

Southern Corn wrote:
Thinking about the subject a little more, James raised his head. "I believe the GM clarified for me my memory has returned on the subject of the room number. Indeed, circus freak- it was 3942. Congratulations."

"Goody. What's my prize? Getting to lob another shoe at your head? I won't miss next time."

Urumi sighed in irritation. "Okay, enough stupidity, let's focus on something important now. Would someone be able to untie the cord after the elevator pulled it?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"Goody. What's my prize? Getting to lob another shoe at your head? I won't miss next time."

Urumi sighed in irritation. "Okay, enough stupidity, let's focus on something important now. Would someone be able to untie the cord after the elevator pulled it?"

"I don't think so. I believe the killer must have cut it somehow, otherwise Jerry would be in the elevator's shaft."

"Hmm...why did the killer even transport Jerry to the lightning rod in the first place? Would pushing him off the building be against one of the rules? And why move the body away like that?"

Sock

"If he's already dead, then maybe he counts as litter?"

"It would be a tad risky trying to untie the cord while the elevator's still in use." Oscar taps his chin in thought, trying to visualize the process. "Let's see... You'd have to run to the control panel, stop the elevator when Jerry got too close to the shaft, wait for it to come back up, and then hop back in and pray you had enough time to remove the cord before anyone from a lower floor called the elevator back down. Cutting it just seems so much simpler."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Hmm...why did the killer even transport Jerry to the lightning rod in the first place? Would pushing him off the building be against one of the rules? And why move the body away like that?"

"I can't answer why he even ended up there at the end of it all, but pushing him seems very impractical. Wasn't the distance between our building and the lighting rod a good 25 feet? If you know someone with that kind of launching power, I'd very much like to meet him."

"Maybe the killer never intended to put Jerry on the other roof at all?" Urumi shrugged. "You have to go down stairs to leave the blimp, right? Well, if he was put on the boards and pulled down the stairs by the elevator, maybe he'd pick up too much speed and just end up flying off the roof with his own momentum?"

"Sounds like something out of an action movie." Oscar chuckles. "So does that mean it was entirely accidental? Seems odd, considering how much the killer went through just killing the guy."

fella

lcarus wrote:
"Sounds like something out of an action movie." Oscar chuckles. "So does that mean it was entirely accidental? Seems odd, considering how much the killer went through just killing the guy."

"Yeah. Not to mention that he got skewered directly on the lightning rod, too," Bryan remarks before shrugging. "It could've been accidental, yeah, but I dunno..."

"Sounds more like a comedy to me. Jerry was so heavy he stalled the elevator, he can't have gotten on that lightning rod by accident."

"It is definitely mysterious. Was it really an accident?"

Koichi clutched his chin. "Maybe why Jerry got on the lightning rod isn't important, but...I'm not sure."

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Sounds more like a comedy to me. Jerry was so heavy he stalled the elevator, he can't have gotten on that lightning rod by accident."

"Why's that? If he was heavy enough to make the elevator stall, wouldn't it be that much harder to stop him once he started moving?"

ASCEND

((The elevator shaft was directly in front of the exit from the ship))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:

"Why's that? If he was heavy enough to make the elevator stall, wouldn't it be that much harder to stop him once he started moving?"

"And then he would hit the elevator. There must have been a deliberate attempt to put Jerry on the lightning rod, for some reason."
Page 27 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus