Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 107 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

Urumi folded her arms defiantly. "Yeah, I'm not doing anything until I know what sort of consequences this 'vote' will have."

"...I-I cannot vote..."

ASCEND

Collin1002 wrote:
"W-Wait a sec, we're already voting?" Bryan inquired, uncertainly looking over at Jack. "Is this an official vote that'll end in an execution, or...?"

"Well, how long do you intend to hold it off?" Otto asked, "Until the end of the trial? I hardly see any need to delay the inevitable."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Urumi folded her arms defiantly. "Yeah, I'm not doing anything until I know what sort of consequences this 'vote' will have."

"I must say, that's a very thoughtful question," Otto said, "And I'm sure you'll be pleased to find out that I haven't the foggiest idea."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Then we have no particular reason to vote, I would think," Keri said firmly. "We still have to figure out what happened in the present day, so it seems our time would be better spent focusing on that. It is the more relevant mystery now anyway."

"Yeah I agree. In my unbiased opinion."

ASCEND

((People complained about this post, so I got sad and deleted it.))
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I-I am confused, but...I still cannot vote...this trial isn't real anyways, right? The same rules do not apply."

"Bzzt, then what do we discuss now? How Kyle died, bzzt?" V.A.L. asked. "The answer could not be suicide, correct, bzzt? Otherwise why have this trial, bzzt?"

ASCEND

"Well, good luck everyone," Otto said, pulling out a magazine. "Because if you lot are gonna cower in fear of a show of hands, then I see no reason to help you figure this out."

"J-Jack...I said in the beginning that justice was blind...but who could have imagined an accident like this...w-what do I do..?"

"Otto wants us to vote, so we should do the opposite. But trust your instincts."

"I do not see what we should do next, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "What can we discuss that we actually have the capability of solving, currently, bzzt."

ASCEND

"Wow, good work so far, guys," Otto said, lazily flipping through his magazine. "Okay, I don't want to watch this embarrassing display anymore, so let's just make a deal, alright? If at least one of you hasn't voted by the time I reach the last page of this magazine, I'll detonate everyone's bracelets and welcome the sweet release of death. Sound good? Alright, off you go!"

"..."

Koichi had been thinking for a long time about what to do, and Otto's words had alerted him gravely.

"W-What..? Otto, you said it yourself...this trial isn't real...why is that necessary?"

"Oh, real great deal there!" Urumi snarled. "What about the last 'deal' we had? The one where you said you'd work with us to figure out what happened to Kyle? I guess you just don't give a damn about that anymore, huh?"

She pounded her podium and ground her teeth. "What the hell... We're supposed to either pick someone who didn't do anything wrong to be punished or just die ourselves? What the hell's even the point of any of this?!"

"If we don't vote, everyone dies. If we kill me, everyone will die. I hardly call that a choice."

ASCEND

"Well, what do you expect me to do?" Otto asked, "This isn't some shin-dig I'm throwing for kicks and giggles. The mastermind's agenda clearly called for it, as well as this vote. I'm just trying to do my job here. This vote wasn't even supposed to be a big deal, but apparently it's too much for all of you."

"So yeah, I'll kill you all. You lot think protecting your dignity is more important than helping a guy who's been doing nothing but helping you this entire trial, so how can I help being a little ticked off?"

Jack looked a bit morose but spoke up. "We don't know what'll happen if I'm voted for...all we do know is the alternative is death."

Shy guy

"But Abby was wrong! All this time, she had not realised the tragic truth behind the incident..." Keri exclaimed. "Otto, you need not follow your orders anymore, they no longer apply, don't you see?"

"Besides... even you do not know the real answer, yes? What happens if we vote 'wrong'? What happens if we vote for Ortwin, whose reactor design was the reason any of this happened in the first place?"

Jack sighs and just presses a button on his podium, voting for himself.

[put something witty here]

"Isn't Jack right that we don't even know what's waiting after this vote?" Oscar chimes in. "I... really would prefer if we didn't have to do this, but seeing as Jack took the initiative for us... There are still two questions left to answer, and half us have already written this trial off as a sham anyway, so what if this vote means absolutely nothing in the long run? If this is all just a big spectacle meant to give us all someone to point fingers at afterwards... well, I doubt anyone's opinions of the 'guilty party' will change simply because Otto made a big deal out of it. "

[Otto]

"I'm a robot. If I don't follow the agenda, what will I follow? Absolutely nothing, that's what."

"As for the other matter," Otto continued, "Well first of all, Mr. Young isn't on the voting podium, genius. Second of all, if you vote for the wrong person, the same thing will happen as if you voted for the right person. Absolutely nothing."

"...What? The agenda doesn't call for anything beyond a vote. I never said I wanted Jack dead. You lot just assumed that, even after I helped you. Thanks."

[/Otto]

"More relevantly, this is the path forward." Jack said. "We can be as pertinacious as we want, but just like hiding the guns, it won't matter. I have an anvil over my head either way, it's up to you guys if you want to assume the risk of disappearing forever."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
[Otto]

"I'm a robot. If I don't follow the agenda, what will I follow? Absolutely nothing, that's what."

"As for the other matter," Otto continued, "Well first of all, Mr. Young isn't on the voting podium, genius. Second of all, if you vote for the wrong person, the same thing will happen as if you voted for the right person. Absolutely nothing."

"...What? The agenda doesn't call for anything beyond a vote. I never said I wanted Jack dead. You lot just assumed that, even after I helped you. Thanks."

[/Otto]

Urumi scowled at the robot. "Hey, I asked you before what would happen to whoever we voted for and you said you didn't have 'the foggiest idea'. So which is it?"

[Otto]

"I'm confident that nothing will happen. I am the captain, after all, so it is insurrection to doubt my word."

[/Otto]

Shy guy

Keri gave a small sigh. "It does not seem we are left with any choice. I am... compelled to vote for myself, compared to Jack I am the one at fault, but... I do not imagine that is the answer this question wants. If the direct cause of the meltdown is all that is being assessed, then it sounds as though, for minimal fault of his own, it was Jack."

Saying that, she entered her vote.

"...Fine."

Urumi shook her head and reached for her voting button, pausing halfway to look at Jack. "Just so we're perfectly clear... This vote doesn't mean anything. I don't blame you for this. It wasn't your fault, got it? ...I just want to get this stupid show on the road."

She sighed and punched in her vote, then frowned at Keri. "Knock that off, it wasn't your fault, either."

Last edited by Franzise Deauxnim on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"W-Wait...everyone, this isn't right! Jack is not at fault here! He did nothing wrong..! If you're going to for someone..."

"Bzzt, what is wrong, Ultimate Koichi?" V.A.L. asked when the cadet hesitated. "I see no other recourse but to vote, bzzt."

"...I-Is...is that really the only way..?"

Koichi's hand trembled over the vote button.

"...If you truly think there is no other option, t-then...then I will cast my vote."

fella

Frowning, Bryan looks over to Jack. "Dammit, man, I don't want to vote for you... Hell, if it was someone else, I wouldn't wanna vote for 'em, either. But since there's no other choice..." He let his voice trail off as he cast his vote, not sure how to finish his sentence.

[A majority has been reached...]

The lights blink out. Blinds Cascade down the huge windows of the blimp.

The passengers whip around, bewildered to be plunged into sudden blackness. Any light that Otto emitted is gone. People shout to one another, trying to figure out if everything is alright.

A monitor flickers on, bathing the room in a dim white light. Otto lies on the floor, tiny indicator lights on him blinking red. More prominently though is that Jack notices he's inside of some sort of cage. Windows on each side let him see the others, and they can hear his voice, but he is completely sealed in.

Abby walks into view on the monitor. She looks about the same as how she was when they met her originally, but her face is twitching with a simmering ire.

"This is a letter to the man or woman who disgraced the memory of my father. The one who not only caused the distraction and displacement of millions of lives but also had the audacity to hide their crimes when the time came for the investigation into the disaster. My father took all the blame, even while he went back into the facility to help as many people out as he could, sacrificing his life."

"It's horrible, that somebody could get away with something like that, that they could take everything away from me, V.A.L. and so many others who lost family in the accident."

"So, I hope you all carry on the truth with you that you helped me uncover. The truth that the terrorist hid away in a horrible tomb of radioactive energy. The truth that disgraced a wonderful genius scientist and his legacy of heroism and dedication to others. Please V.A.L. cherish the memories you have of him and help the truth be known."

Abby cuts her eyes away for a moment, and a strange melancholy forms in her eyes. When she looks back, she returns to normal, still determined in her path.

"And now, please enjoy as the final execution begins..."

The monitor blinks out, but the passengers hear a strange rattling noise from overhead.

A large metal instrument descends from the ceiling, revving with energy. Sparks fly off of it as it seems to charge up.

One long cannon points from it, squarely into the cage Jack is in.

(You all can post whatever you want. Jack is trapped in a cage and there's a weird gun pointing at him.)

"W-What?!"

"He said nothing would happen! He tricked us?!"

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surprisingly Jack didn't say anything. He certainly looked scared, and was clenching his fists white, but there was also a look of very apparent guilt.

V.A.L. rushed over to the cage, pulling at any seams it can with it's claws. "Bzzt, no!" it shouted. "Abby, Abby, this is a mistake, bzzt. Jack Jack didn't intentionally harm the reactor, bzzt!" It looked up at the strange gun protruding from the ceiling, trying to calculate what it could do.

"What the actual hell!" Urumi yelled as she leveled a death glare at Otto. "You lying piece of garbage! You said nothing would happen if we voted!"

fella

"N-No! That bastard Otto... He lied right to our freaking faces!" Bryan gritted his teeth as he pounded on his podium, his face looking unnaturally pale. "H-He doesn't deserve this, dammit! He... He didn't do it on purpose! C-C'mon, no one else has to die... Goddammit, what happened to our deal...?!"

Last edited by Collin1002 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't worry about that for now..! Think of a way to free Jack! Perhaps we can stop this!"

"I-I'm not gonna lie...I'm sc-scared as hell, and feel like I'm gonna piss my pants." Jack shivered. "B-but...I hate that you guys are looking at me like that."

Otto lays motionless on the ground, bathed in the orange glow of the sparks. His captain's hat lays a few feet away from him.

He does not respond to Urumi.
Page 107 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus