Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 110 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

fella

"Oh, yeah, the fax machine! Right," Bryan noted with a sheepish chuckle, a little embarrassed to have forgot about that detail. "Anyway, it is weird that we didn't find the piece of paper that had the motive on it for back at the ghost town, provided it did exist, though I'm sure it did... Dunno why it'd be disposed of, but Urumi brings up a good point. But why get rid of that one in particular, though...?"

ASCEND

"That's possible, but I don't know how that'd help us if we can't see it," Otto said, "Maybe we should think about how this person managed to obtain the fax in question?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

[put something witty here]

"What was the motive that time? Something about terrible food rations?" Despite the situation Oscar snorts at the memory. "If that's supposed to be a hint, then really only a few of us here would have an opinion on that matter... and yet the fax machine was in a secret room beyond Abby and VAL's quarters. It'd be... almost comically easy to point fingers at VAL for this, yet I'm very doubtful of him being the second mastermind."

V.A.L. got up laboriously, leaning heavily to one side to compensate the loss of it's arm.

"The mastermind ...would have to know of the existence of the room, bzzt," it said slowly. "They must have been someone Abby trusted, bzzt, to reveal the location to them. Someone she thought would... Carry out her mission, bzzt, should she die."

"What if the mastermind didn't know they were the mastermind, bzzt," V.A.L. said to Oscar, looking pained. It gripped it's injured side tightly, bending the metal.

"They 'didn't know?' That's a very serious claim you're making," Oscar frowns at the robot. "Yet if what you say is true then you might as well be pointing that claw at yourself. A robot could be programmed to carry things out automatically even after their master passed on, perhaps with a setting to wipe their memory between sessions," he explains, nodding to himself. "...however, there's also the matter of the motives degrading over time. So if this were something Abby were forcing them to do from beyond the grave, why would we go from bomb threats to... pre-packaged rations? It's almost as if they were sympathetic to the group by then."

"Suppose the motive *did* get written. Where do you guys think it went?"

Koichi looked grimly at the others. "There is an opportunity when the mastermind could sneak a motive like that out. When do you think that could be?"

"I'd think it would have to be when Kyle left the room, right? There was a deadbolt on the door."

Urumi sighed. "There was the time right after the discovery, too, but, like, we were all being chased out of the room. I doubt anyone would have had time to unlock the box behind the fax machine then."

"Are you sure..?"

"I don't know, geez," she huffed. "It's not like I was keeping tabs on everyone, I was kind of busy trying to not be hit with the stupid swatters. You and Bryan were the last ones out though, right? Did you see anyone hanging around the fax machine?"

Koichi ignored Urumi's question, turning to Otto instead.

"...Hey, Otto. How is the fax machine protected? If anyone makes it to the secret room, couldn't anyone submit a motive if they wanted to?"

"Wow, okay, I see how it is," Urumi muttered under her breath.

[Otto]

"Why, let me go check!"

Otto zooms away out of the room at Koichi's question, and quickly comes back.

"Yep, seems like the only thing that blocks people from using the fax machine in the secret room is the lock on the bedroom with the charging machine. The room was hidden, but like it didn't take you guys that long to find it once you started looking. The fax machine itself had no safeguards on it."

[/Otto]

"Is there anything on the fax machine itself..? Like a lock?"

"I believe that 'no safeguards' means exactly that," Oscar chimes in. "Sounds as if there was nothing to stop a person from sending a fax so long as they had a way into the room itself. But the matter at hand is how our mystery man snagged the motive from Kyle's room, no? I'd thought Urumi was onto something, yet apparently you disagree."

fella

"Hmm..." Bryan lightly hummed to himself as he thought, tapping his cheek as he did so. Eventually, he shakes his head side to side. "To answer ya, I don't recall seeing anyone hanging around the fax machine, Urumi."

"Bzzt, I suppose someone could have used the machine whenever I was charging, bzzt," V.A.L. said, relaxing slightly. "I power down when I'm charging, so they wouldn't even need to worry about being too loud, bzzt."

ASCEND

"The fax machine in the secret room didn't have any safeguards because it was already inside a secret room," Otto remarked, "But the box containing the faxes was behind lock and key, remember?"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Bzzt, if Abby originally had that key, the second mastermind would have had to take it or copy it at some point, bzzt. The best opportunity was l-l-l-l-likely when she was tied up and killed, bzzt, right?" V.A.L. speculated. "In which case, the most likely person to me would be Ultimate James, bzzt."

"But if that was the case this would already be over, bzzt, right?" V.A.L. added, deflating. "The second mastermind must be alive still, bzzt."

"Well, if the mastermind was dead, it's not like they'd be able to call things off." Urumi crossed her arms. "Captain Rustbucket didn't even know who the first mastermind was until we were already on our way here."

SiRReN wrote:
"Bzzt, if Abby originally had that key, the second mastermind would have had to take it or copy it at some point, bzzt. The best opportunity was l-l-l-l-likely when she was tied up and killed, bzzt, right?" V.A.L. speculated. "In which case, the most likely person to me would be Ultimate James, bzzt."

"Listen to me," Koichi started. "Think about that day...our first trial. And you should be able to determine the mastermind."

He smiled and gave a salute. "Remember! Pass judgment without any hesitation."

fella

"Our... first trial?" Bryan asked, looking quite puzzled. "Koichi, you're being awfully vague... Did you figure out who the mastermind is...?"

"Yeah, you sure are acting like you have all the answers all of a sudden." Urumi narrowed her eyes at Koichi. "If you think you know something, say it already."

ASCEND

Otto sighed in annoyance and checked his watch.

"Bzzt, if I am understanding correctly, I...do not want to solve this, bzzt," V.A.L. said sadly. "There are few who would have had the opportunity to steal the key from Abby and are still alive, bzzt."

SiRReN wrote:
"Bzzt, if I am understanding correctly, I...do not want to solve this, bzzt," V.A.L. said sadly. "There are few who would have had the opportunity to steal the key from Abby and are still alive, bzzt."

"We said at the start that we'd approach this trial without discrimination..."

"Bzzt, Ultimate Keri," the robot said quietly. "But...maybe someone took it from her," V.A.L. suggested hopefully. "She was unconscious for a while, bzzt..."

"Are you sure there isn't anyone else?" Koichi wondered. "Think about what happened the first case. And maybe it'll be helpful to think about Abby's movements."

V.A.L. seemed to be struggling, sparks flying from its exposed parts. "I wasn't there for the trial, bzzt," V.A.L. groaned. "I only know what was told to me, bzzt."

"Ultimate James helped Ultimate Keri," V.A.L. recalled. "But I already suggested it was Ultimate James, bzzt."

"Wait," V.A.L. suddenly said. It appeared to be quickly reviewing information in its hard drives, as if it was suddenly reviewing information readily available to it.

"Ultimate Koichi... You?" It beeped sadly.

"You think it's Keri?! Are you completely ins-" Urumi started to yell. "...Wait, Koichi? Why him?"

"He found Abby's key on the roof, bzzt," V.A.L. explained.

"Did he...?" Urumi tilted her head as she checked the evidence doc thought back to the first trial. "But... wait... T-that doesn't make much sense either, does it? I mean... He couldn't have known Abby was the mastermind back then, could he?"

"Bzzt, he must have figured it out when he discovered what the key opened, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "And if he is the second mastermind, for reasons that are his own, bzzt, he wouldn't have wanted us to know she was the mastermind."

Koichi didn't respond. He simply listened in, eyes shut tight.

"Ultimate Koichi, please explain to us what happened, bzzt," V.A.L. implored.

fella

Bryan slowly turned towards Koichi, his face having lost its color. "K-Koichi...? C'mon, man, say something! P-Please...!" he frantically implores, his voice shaky.

"H-Hang on a second. This still doesn't explain the missing motive, right?" Urumi chimed in. "If Koichi was the second mastermind, what reason would he have had to take that?"

Shy guy

Keri, breaking out of a reverie and giving one last thought to Jack, tuned into the current discussion and spoke up. "If the motive was taken, it would have been taken while we investigated. It was only taken when there was danger of us seeing it. And whatever it was, does it not seem as though Kyle saw it and decided to make up his own in place of it? Given how unusual the fourth motive was, at least as far as the one Kyle announced went. So then, we never did see what the true fourth motive was. I do not know why - perhaps it incriminated the mastermind in some way - but the fact is that twice now it has been hidden from us, so we can be certain there's something meaningful about it."

"And... I think I might understand Koichi's actions now," she added quietly. "He was always the one most passionate about finding the apparent terrorist. Now that the truth has come out..."
Page 110 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus