Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 111 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

"Bzzt, Ultimate Koichi... Do you feel guilt for the day of the meltdown?" V.A.L. asked. "Is that why, bzzt? You know now that it was an accident, bzzt. You can tell us, bzzt."

"Well...if we have reached an agreement, then it is time I submit."

Koichi couldn't even fake a smile.

"I am your second mastermind. I made it my mission to bring justice to the terrorist, and no matter how unfortunate it was, my job is done here..."

fella

"So... i-it really is you..." Bryan stammered, looking completely crestfallen as he leaned against his podium. "Dammit..." he says to himself, shaking his head before weakly looking at Koichi. "... Did you kill Kyle, too?"

"Of course I didn't kill Kyle..." Koichi frowned. "...Well, not directly, anyway. The continuation of the game was a result of my actions -- of course, submitting a motive at each new location."

He rubbed the back of his head. "And now that I think about it, the motives weren't very good in the first place. Kyle and Otto seemed visibly frustrated as they read them out...I guess in the end, I wasn't cut out to run a game like this."

Urumi lowered her head, fists clenched at her sides as she shook with silent rage. Suddenly, her head snapped back up and, without a word, stomped over to where Koichi stood, then swung at his face with an open palm.

Koichi nearly toppled over with the force of the slap. He recoiled and rubbed his face in pain, not facing Urumi in the eye.

"Why Ultimate Koichi, bzzt," V.A.L. asked desperately. "Did so many deserve to die so you could find the 'terrorist', bzzt?!"

"...It's eighteen of us, versus millions of others." Koichi said darkly. "That's what I thought when I first found Abby's secret room. Ever since that day...I've been haunted! Thinking about the perpetrator day after day...you know what you don't know about that day? The amount of grief I had to witness..! A little girl, foot blown to pieces with her parents dead next to her...and where was the justice? There was hardly even a proper investigation!"

Koichi's face wrinkled at the thought of that day. "...I had convinced myself at that moment that you all may not have been worth saving. I nearly shot Bren in a fit of rage...but...the reality was, you all felt like my comerades..! And so I was stuck between choosing the millions of lives I didn't know, versus the few lives here that I *wanted* to know..."

"...But as you know, I had made my decision up to now. And that resulted in the elimination of a life who didn't deserve to die..! And what a waste of a life..!"

"Oh, A life, huh? So Jack's the only one that mattered?" Urumi snarled. "So did Alex deserve to die after she was forced to either kill someone or watch her family be incinerated? What about Boetius, who only killed Mitzi by complete accident? Or Rinea, who only killed Florian in self-defense? How about Raul, who was only trying to save the rest of us from an egomaniac? What the hell did ANY of that have to do with the nuclear meltdown?"

She stomped the floor for emphasis. "You could have stopped this damn game at any time after Abby died, but you didn't because your stupid 'justice' was more important to you than the lives of everyone else here, up until YOUR best buddy fell victim to it. Screw you, and screw your justice. You have no right to decide whether any of us deserve to die or not."

"...Jack was the terrorist," Koichi frowned. "And so the game does not need to continue from this point. You have noticed, haven't you?"

Koichi clutched the podium. "Abby said he was our final execution. Do you remember Otto's agenda? That was tailored by Abby. Despite my involvenent, a large part of the game was automated. If it were any if you who were forced into Jack's position, I would react in a similar way."

"...Well, not like that changes much. At this point, the game is out of my hands. I did not even have the power to stop these executions as the mastermind. You can take that as you will."

ASCEND

"So, it was you, Mr. Tachibana?" Otto asked, "You know, I hadn't actually decided what I'd do when I learned who had been doing this... After all, the possibility was never discussed in the itenerary. But I suppose now matters are in my own hands..."

"Personally, I think this has gone on long enough. Ms. Young is dead, Mr. Marlowe is dead, Mr. Tachibana has been outed... This game is nothing more than a directionless husk of its former self. None of us have any personal stake left. So, I've come to a decision. It's time to go."

"As we speak, I'm setting the airship to fly out of here. We all have about two hours until then. That's how long we have to identify Mr. Crawford's killer. Let's begin."

"First, let's review what we know. Kyle made it to the reactor before anyone else. I'm not quite sure how he got there. But we do know that while he was in the reactor, he was irradiated, likely due to the slash in his suit. I think this must have happened when he found the remains of that old blunt. After all, Ms. Young conducted an investigation of the facility a long time ago and didn't find anything, so it's safe to conclude that it must have been in a dangerous location."

"After that," Otto continued, "Kyle was killed using the controls of the decontamination room, most likely to save him from a death by radiation poisoning. As for who did this and how Kyle's body was moved back to his room, that remains a mystery for now."

"If we can solve these mysteries... I believe we can finally discover the truth behind Kyle's death. So let's make the most of our time."

((You have until some time tomorrow night to solve this case. There will likely still conveniently be time for a post-trial though, so don't worry about that.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"I suppose the discussion around me must halt for now," Koichi sighed. "...I am filled with great regret. You do not need to worry about me interfering with this trial, I shall participate as normal."

"...time to go?" Urumi repeated in a soft whisper as her eyes widened. She held her hands to her chest as the corners of her mouth started to rise... then she shook her head and walked back to her podium for what she hoped would be the last time.

"So he was killed outside of his room..." she frowned. "Maybe he was dragged back with that rope we found?"

fella

"... Alright, then. We'll figure out what to do about Koichi being the mastermind later," Bryan morosely stated before turning to Urumi. "That makes sense. And addin' on to that, we found a stain on the rope, right? Do you think it was maybe the Pringles that were on the wheel? Couldn't have been blood or something, since Kyle had no wounds..."

[As a reminder, one end of the rope was for some reason attached near the entrance of the ship. The rope was maybe sixty or so feet long.]

ASCEND

"I'm quite confident that those stains were Pringles dust," Otto remarked, "Though I'm not yet certain what exactly that means..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Well if it's the same gunk that was on the steering wheel, maybe the rope was wrapped around that for... reasons..." Urumi chewed her lip. "If the wheel was turned, maybe that could be used to drag Kyle's body back into the blimp? I don't know..."

[put something witty here]

"Oh, don't you worry soldier, I'm sure we'll have much to discuss later." Oscar shoots Koichi a wicked glare before turning his attention to the discussion, shifting to a more neutral expression.

"Not too long left of this awful trip, but... seems this is the last mystery for us to solve. If we're starting with the rope stains, then maybe it just came from someone handling it with... I don't know, greasy hands?" he suggests with a shrug.

"It is a bit odd. The Pringles dust did not leave a stain on Bryan when he tried to clean the wheel, yet it still left a stain on the rope. Despite that inconsistency, the rope must have been wrapped around the wheel at one point...but I cannot think of why, unless the perpetrator was trying to steer the blimp."

[put something witty here]

"At the very least there were some nasty stains on Bryan's hands. But on topic, why bother using a rope to steer the ship? I'd say your hands would be sufficient enough for such a task."

Shy guy

"Could the rope have been set up to snake around the vents?" Keri suggested. "As a way to be able to climb back out through them, or perhaps be pulled."

ASCEND

"No way." Otto shook his head. "It wasn't nearly long enough for that, though perhaps it could have been used for climbing. Not that anyone could have fit in the vents with those radiation suits."

"I don't think the rope was wrapped around the steering wheel either. If you were to do that, you'd wrap it around the axle, not the part you handle. And the axle is totally spotless!"

"Okay, so someone handled the wheel, then the rope...? Nobody found that grease anywhere else though, right?"

ASCEND

"I don't think the dust would have gotten anywhere else unless you gripped something pretty hard," Otto said, "So let's think about what we know. Someone touched the steering wheel and then the rope. What could that mean?"

"I am not sure...was the rope acting as a guide?"

"That they were steering the ship, bzzt?" V.A.L. answered. "I assumed the rope was what is holding the ship in place, bzzt, like an anchor. Perhaps the killer brought us here, bzzt."

ASCEND

"No, I'm the one who steered us in, and I never touched that rope. It definitely wasn't here when I landed..." Otto remarked.

"Remember, there's two big issues we're uncertain about. First of all, how Mr. Crawford beat everyone to the reactor, and secondly, how his body was taken back to the blimp..."

Shy guy

"Well... how about this? When we enter the facility, Kyle pilots the blimp above it and climbs down using the knotted rope, entering through one of the many holes in the ceiling that... that I created, with those bombs one year ago."

"That seems like it could work if the roof was stable enough to hold it for a bit, I guess... But didn't Kyle die in the decontamination room? That would mean whoever killed him would have to take him back to the reactor, haul him back up the rope, and move the blimp back to where it was."

ASCEND

"Yes... Yes, that must be how he did it!" Otto shouted, "But that leaves how Mr. Crawford was taken back to the blimp. I think some of us could have climbed up that rope with him in tow..."

"Bzzt, I think we can safely eliminate Ultimates Keri and Urumi from suspicion of carrying Kyle back up the rope, bzzt," V.A.L. said.

"The most likely person to me is... Ultimate Oscar, bzzt."

[It can be assumed that Kyle is light enough for most people to climb with. Dude is spritely.]

[Though if people climbed the rope, they probably would have to take off their radiation suit.]

"Bzzt, we're in agreement that while we were hiding in the control room lockers, that must be when Kyle left the decontamination room, right, bzzt?" V.A.L. asked.

Shy guy

"Well... I am not certain about that," Keri said. "If the humming sound we heard was someone activating the decontamination room, then it may have been somebody else. Either way, our running theory is that he died in the decontamination room, I think? Died from extreme cold."

"Bzzt, right," V.A.L. nodded. "I guess I'm wondering, how likely is it that someone came in and activated the decontamination room, bzzt, or that it was one of us for who were there already - you, me, and Ultimates Koichi and Oscar, bzzt," V.A.L. said.

[Him dying from extreme cold makes a lot of sense to everyone, so yeah there's no reason to debate COD anymore.]

"It may be likely the murder was intended for one of us...I am not sure what the killer was hoping to achieve by eliminating Kyle. Kyle's fate was unwarranted as well, so why..?"

V.A.L. paused. "The reactor bot was in the control room when Kyle announced the bomb, bzzt. Could...IT have turned the temperature down in the decontamination room, bzzt? If it heard the bomb message, maybe it thought freezing the room would lessen the damage, bzzt."

ASCEND

"Nah, that's kind of lame," Otto said, "Though we shouldn't forget about ReactorBot. It might have some other importance."

"Oscar and I left the others and were unaccounted for, for what it's worth. Granted, Oscar had more time as he left earlier...could he have done it?"

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 111 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus