Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 114 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

"I see. So did Abby force these games..? With threats..? Or..."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Sure. A real cruise company that just so happens to run murder games if the price is right."

Urumi shook her head in disgust and held her arm with the explosive accessory up. "So this is really the end, right? I'm guessing it'll be a lot of work to get these bombs out of us, but can we at least get these stupid bracelets off already?"

ASCEND

"This was most certainly not a licensed cruise," Otto explained, giving Urumi an annoyed glare. "The blimp was commandeered for this game, and I believe my programming may have been tampered with. Still, I care deeply for the reputation of Sky Vista Cruises, so I must emphasize that they had no involvement! Don't be afraid to take another cruise with us sometime!"

"Oh, right, the bracelets!" Otto shouted, "Yes, I'll give you the keys shortly before we leave. I would also offer to pay for medical expenses for surgically removing those bombs, but alas, we are somewhat broke."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"So it is... really over now?" Keri mumbled to herself, leaning one arm on her podium for support. "It is a difficult reality to readjust to... that I can look around at everyone here without fear that someone could disappear at a moment's notice," she said with tears in her eyes.

"But Oscar... are you alright? It was the right decision to help Kyle, yet it cannot have been easy. But before you could even come to terms with that..." She trailed off sadly, looking towards the spot Jack had occupied just recently.

[put something witty here]

"Now whatever do you mean, Keri? It should be obvious that I'm perfectly fine," Oscar claims with a proud grin... which doesn't hold for very long. He steals a glance at Jack's podium, clearing his throat before continuing.

"Really I... I don't need the rest of you fussing over poor Oscar, he can certainly take care of himself. This abominable situation we've been in? All these new discoveries today? And... and cowardice to speak his mind, even in a friend's final moments? He scoffs at such things. H-ha...!" Said scoff only comes out as a pathetic cough.

Shy guy

"Oscar, it is over now. All of this. You... do not need to put up a front anymore," Keri said softly, concern written all over her face.

"I don't? ...even if that's so much easier?" Oscar asks almsot shakily. "Really, it's fine. We've... bigger matters to discuss, yes? No reason to halt things for my sake. Please."

ASCEND

((Ignore this))
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

lcarus wrote:
"I don't? ...even if that's so much easier?" Oscar asks almsot shakily. "Really, it's fine. We've... bigger matters to discuss, yes? No reason to halt things for my sake. Please."

"I don't know, things are mostly wrapped up now, aren't they? But alright, if you say so," Urumi shrugged. "Just, you know..." she added, shuffling her feet. "What Keri said. We've all been through hell, so, like... Let it out if you need to. No judgment."

fella

"Yeah, what they said," Bryan chimed in after Keri and Urumi spoke. "It's fine to let things out now and all. No one's gonna judge ya for doing that. Hell, most of us probably need to do that, anyway..." he remarks with a sheepish chuckle.

"Hey, n-now what did I just... You're not... oh, what the hell." Oscar sighs, shoulders slumped as he meets the group's gazes.

"I can't simply... 'let it out.' This whole thing, the suit and flair?" he gestures to himself, "That's all I have going for me right now. This is what keeps me going! So dropping that, I-I'm just... what else is there to me? D-do you truly want to see some big, blubbering mess breaking down in the middle of the room?"

Koichi watched the others comfort Oscar, and couldn't help but smile to himself. Truly, he did nothing to bring about this resolution, but he still felt a level of comfort in seeing the relief from the people he grew to know. He took a final look and watched as the others conversed amongst themselves -- understandable. He didn't expect a warm response from the others after his confession. Ideally, they wouldn't remember him at all.

He silently took a step back and felt something crinkle in his shoe, reminding him of when he stole the fourth motive from the fax machine. He took it out and opened it. It was the silly motive of poor rations for food, but truth be told, he didn't really understand why the motives were so...for lack of a better term, "stupid," at the time. He remembered everything about what he learned back at the base. The balloon? He and his comrades would work their hardest to receive gratification and rewards. The third motive? He recalled all the times he saw others giving up -- attempting to flee during hard times. He thought that would speak to people. The rations? Koichi would recall the amount of times his comrades complained about military rations, with claims of suicide to boot (an exaggeration, but he didn't realize that.)

Maybe they would recognize him from that fourth motive, he thought. But he didn't want that. He understood why too late.

He chuckled silently before tossing the inconsequential motive in the centre of the podium. The trip was coming to an end, and for once, a class trial didn't end with dread about the future. He was sure that everyone would be excited to go back home and be rid of this ordeal once and for all. Naturally, he was a bit disappointed in himself. He was trying to balance his duty as a soldier and to society, and the newfound knowledge he gained of real people. In the end, everything ended in a failure for him. The terrorist was a sham. There was no "real danger." All he did throughout the trip was hurt more people than he could ever dream of saving. The fourth motive disappeared all because he didn't want people to identify his shame -- that's all there was to it.

He didn't say farewell -- he disappeared in the shadows, heading somewhere on the blimp where he could come to terms with the emotions he was feeling. He would face his retribution away from the others.

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

[RIP]

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

After some time spent discussing, Otto remarked, "Well, I suppose we have about ten minutes left until we begin our return journey. I'd recommend you all go to sleep. If all goes well, you'll be out of the radiation zone by morning."

"Hmm... But where's Mr. Tachibana? Perhaps we should search for him? Or just not bother? I don't particularly care, it's up to all of you."

((You can look for Koichi or just wait until the trip ends.))

fella

Bryan silently watches Koichi depart, and at Otto's question, he turns to the others, his expression rather serious. "Well, guys? Wanna go after him, or should we just head to bed for the day? I'll do whatever you guys wanna do."

"I wish to look for him, bzzt," V.A.L. said. It wheeled towards the doors slowly. "Ultimate Koichi may have kept the game going by submitting motives, bzzt, but something tells me the game would have continued regardless, bzzt. He still needs to atone for the damage he unwittingly caused, bzzt," the robot said, "but that doesn't mean he needs to be alone, bzzt."

"I think 'unwittingly' is a little too generous." Urumi clicked her tongue before sighing heavily. "But yeah, I guess we should check on him. At least to make sure he doesn't do anything else crazy."

Shy guy

"Koichi wrote notes that I am not sure anyone ever took seriously. I planted bombs. I cannot fault his actions," Keri said earnestly. "So yes, we shall go after him."

Saying that, she departed from her podium and headed for the stairs out of the trial room.

ASCEND

Their decision made, the passengers filtered throughout the blimp, searching for any sign of Koichi. After searching all the rooms, they found nothing. They continued into the cafeteria and looked around.

“H-Huh? Koichi!” Bryan shouted.

One of the windows had been opened. The cadet was poised on the precipice, looking out at the concrete floor of the subway far below.

It seemed as if he was about to jump.

Last edited by Planetbox on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Koichi! What are you doing?" Keri cried, running forwards but then stopping a short distance away, worried about getting too close. "You cannot... you just cannot do this!"

V.A.L. joined Abby hurriedly. "Please, do not, bzzt," it said, adding it's voice to hers.

"W-Why did you follow me?" Koichi asked nervously from outside. "Y-You should go! You don't wanna see this!"

Shy guy

"No, you are right, we do not want to see this! Please, Koichi, you do not need to do this. Just think of how much you could still do with your life from here on!"

"T-There's nothing like that out there for me! And this is how everyone has atoned for their sins! It is my turn -- I have come to accept that!"

"Bzzt, this atones for nothing," V.A.L. disagreed. "The others killed - you didn't coerce them into doing that, bzzt."

"Y-Your wrong, a-all of it was...it was my fault..."

Koichi shook his head, nearly losing his footing.

"Y-Yeah, listen to the others here!" Urumi yelped in a panic. "What's this going to accomplish, huh? Get back in here already!"

"J-Just let me do this..! T-There's no other way..!"

"IF it was your fault, bzzt," V.A.L. said, edging closer slowly, "do you not think living and making amends would be the correct path, bzzt?"

"...I-I do not have the qualifications for that..."

Koichi crept slowly to the edge.

"You do not need qualifications, bzzt," V.A.L. said, positioning itself strategically. "Helping others, helping us, is how you can make amends, bzzt."

"Would Jack Jack want you to die?" The robot asked. "I do not think he would, bzzt."

Shy guy

"VAL is right. Koichi, look at me, look at all I have done. Not just at the nuclear reactor, but all of those other power stations, all those other facilities. Attacking Abby, putting Urumi in danger... there is almost too much to count," Keri said, gripping her robe tightly. "I am not yet sure what I can do to atone, I do not have skills that lend themselves to it, but I am going to try! That is all you need to do. Just try to make a difference... I know you have the drive to do so, you want to protect people above all else."

"H-He died without knowing my true identity...t-there's no logical answer to that..."

Koichi trembled at Keri.

"A-And all the things I've done..! I let Jerry die, I forced Raul to eat Florian's heart, I nearly shot someone with Jack, a-and at the end..."

He got even closer to the edge.

"Plus that...day of the incident...t-there was too much I could not do..."

"You do not have to save everyone, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "That's impossible to do, bzzt. But saving one person, even if it's yourself, bzzt, by trying to be a better person, is a step in the right direction, bzzt."

"I...I don't have the strength for that..."

With that, Koichi jumped.

fella

"KOICHI, NO!" Bryan shouted as he rushed towards him, desperately, yet futilely, attempting to reach out for him.

V.A.L. dashed towards the window, it's remaining arm shooting out to seemingly impossible lengths faster than the eye could see to try to catch Koichi.

VALs arm latched onto Koichi by just a hair. "W-What are you doing?!"

"This isn't right, bzzt," V.A.L. cried, looking desperately down to Koichi. It shook is head. "If you deserve to die, then I do too. I'm the reason Ultimate Raul was here. When he refused the invitation, bzzt, I was sent to kidnap him. Do I deserve death, bzzt?"

Shy guy

Keri screamed and ran forwards, grabbing onto VAL's arm to try and help support the weight. "If you die now, you will only hurt the rest of us! You will not help anyone that way!" she said tearfully. "You are not a selfish man, Koichi, do not make this your last act!"
Page 114 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus