Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 267 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

I've felt worse.

Since I don't have a Switch, I figured I'd get the Android port of The World Ends With You. Can't say I'm a fan of the revamped partner system, or how the boss of Day 3 was translated to a single screen, or using rapid-tap input for certain pins (ow), but the rest of the game is intact so far, and the new music is nice.

Also attempting the DLC modes for A Hat in Time and Hollow Knight, and when the hell did these games get so difficult?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

@Sumguy I always found Hollow Knight kinda tricky. I mean I got the switch version which came with the DLC so I'm not fully aware of what counts as DLC but yeah it's a pretty challenging game.

And the iOS port of TWEWY was super disappointing because of how they announced it. Square enix is terrible at marketing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Oh, I'm aware. I first beat TWEWY while that countdown was still going on, and a younger me was so hyped to beat it just in time for a sequel. And then we got a port. Woot.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Does the switch version of TWEWY have any bonus content?

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Does the switch version of TWEWY have any bonus content?

It has an extra day.

Apparently something to do with the mysterious girl who popped up at the very end of the iOS port.

What I'm really hoping for is that it'll tease into a sequel.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Oh, huh. Intriguing.

If it doesn't tie into anything else though I'll be disappointed. Probably like everyone else was when the iOS port was announced.

In Justice We Trust

Still on Europa Universalis IV. After finishing up my Roman playthrough, I decided to play "tall" as Scotland. It took an alliance with France and the conquest of most of Ireland (sorry, guys, but when England's your neighbor, it's conquer or be conquered), but I was able to unite the British Isles under Scottish rule. As an added bonus, I got the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Greenland, and every island in the Caribbean. Since I wasn't especially interested in conquest in this playthrough, I didn't finish with the top score, but I was still satisfied. I'm now playing as Korea for a change of pace. With Japan stuck in the Sengoku era, I was able to expand northward, as well as into the Pacific, without fear of being invaded when my troops were busy. Eventually, I turned my attention to Japan, gradually conquering it. I forget when exactly, but there came a point in the 17th Century when I decided I was done paying tribute to Ming China (since I conquered Manchuria, the Qing never had a chance to materialize). Needless to say, they were not pleased. It took some save-scumming, but I eventually was able to fight them to a stalemate and convince them to agree to a white peace. Still, that was the end of good relations with the Chinese. Subsequent wars with them have been more successful in that I was able to actually get territorial concessions out of them, but it was still slow going. It's 1706 now and my current truce with China is about to expire. Their army outnumbers mine (not that that's anything new), but my army is more disciplined, better-equipped, better-trained, and has spent the past five years preparing for this moment while my enemy has foolishly started a war elsewhere. I wonder how they'll be able to get all those troops in the Americas home if all their transports are underwater...

Update: It took six years and I depleted my reserves over the course of the war, but Ming was crushed.

Postgame update: While the old imperial family controls a few holdout territories in far-flung colonies, it is widely agreed that the Empire of Great Ming is no more. In its place stands the Empire of Great Joseon. In addition to all of the land Ming originally controlled, Joseon and its client states control Japan, the Kurils, Sakhalin, Manchuria (including Primorye), Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, several small islands in the Indian Ocean, every island that Indonesia controls (be it partially or completely) in our timeline, and every island in the Pacific save for the Galápagos and several islands along the coast of the Americas.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Time for another review!

Read Only Memories: 2064

So I picked up this game off of PS+ having heard some decent stuff about it in the past and wanted to see what it was like.

Setting
Set in a futuristic San Fransisco, technology has advanced sufficiently to solve a lot of our medical problems and society has advanced enough that a lot of the current problems with sexuality and gender just aren't a thing anymore. There's plenty of same-sex couples, you can specify your preferred diet and call yourself pretty much any gender pronoun under the sun which is nice.

Overall the world and characters ARE really nice, the characters are honest and open for the most part and its nice to just see such a diverse selection of people and backgrounds and it's such an idyllic lifestyle.

Cybernetic and augmetic enhancements are commonplace and interestingly so are furries (Hybrids in the game). These actually make up one of the big tensions of the game. The background goes that gene splicing solved a lot of health problems, functioning as a literal cure for cancer in one case but it makes the human take on animal characteristics producing basically furries. Of course some people would take up these things for aesthetic or practical purposes to. However this creates tension as pro-human groups protest and argue that we stray further from God (and other arguments) that are used to justify anti-Hybrid legislation. A detective who got cybernetic eyes gets discriminated against in her precinct for it. Hybrids are not allowed to breed to protect the genetic purity of humanity and face discrimination and harassment every day.
I talk a lot about this background stuff but that's because it all makes for a really interesting world to be in. The setting and characters are by far the strongest aspect of the game.

Gameplay
It's a point and click adventure played out similar to the investigation segments of AA games. Puzzles are generally light but the world is delightful to interact with. Early on in the game you can grab a carton of spoiled milk and then use it on LOADS of things with humourous outtakes. In a great moment I was able to use the spoiled milk on the McGuffin at the end of the game and then got an ending where I was chewed out by my companion for deciding then of all times to finally use that thing.

Towards the end there's even some delightfully horrific puzzles which create a great feeling of tension. Having actual game-over states adds a lot to the game as I've never really played an adventure game with many of these before. Even if they are pretty few and far between.

Story
The general premise of the game is that the worlds first Sapient robot AI, Turing (haha meaningful name) is looking for his creator after mysterious folks broke into their apartment. Turing shows up at your door as you are an old friend of his creator and what follows is a story about corporate espionage, data processing, the importance of sapience, and investigation. Like I said it feels very much like an AA investigation sequence.

I'd say the story falls a bit flat in the end though. The rest of the world is just so tantalising, hybrid rights, robots everywhere, fun hackers, that I kind of wish I could have went a bit more in another direction. The plot follows down the robot-intelligence line and all these other huge issues in the background are kind of never opened as much as I'd like.

Your character also feels somewhat superfluous. You are a journalist but really wherever you go most of the talking is done by Turing who accompanies you everywhere. Turing will tell you how they couldn't have done this without you but really that only ever feels like by virtue of needing an extra pair of hands to do something. I actually feel like at times the narrative gets away from you to the point it feels you don't have much agency in what happens. Turing will make decisions on his own that don't feel great or you might disagree with. It's never really your story, it's always Turing's which isn't so bad but...I would have liked maybe more dialogue choices along the way or to have more involvement with the characters when really most of the characters relate to Turing rather than you with you seeming more as a chaperone.

The finale wooft...I have problems with it. What you do in the end is absolutely huge with massive consequences but the characters really undersell the significance of what's happening and that feels incredibly weird. You can say "No I don't think this is a good idea" but you will get shouted down by other characters and it never really feels like the game stops to ask you "wait a moment maybe this issue deserves more thought". There's a third option between "let's go all in on this" and "No lets do nothing at all" but the game doesn't have it. You either go along with your friends or be a massive buzzkill and that really disconnected me from the narrative in the end and reminded me of all the other problems where you never really feel you have agency.

It's even weirder in the postgame where you get a small sequence where you get to go around and see the world after you have affected it and...yeah it really undersells the significance of what happened. The game definitely has a rose-tinted glasses view of what would happen while I go around with massive doubts. They try a couple of shots to hammer in how there's negative consequences of your actions afterwards but its kind of too little too late.

Overall
Yeah the game is generally pretty good, the music is great too. Something between 80's synth, John Carpenter and some upbeat tunes that would not look out of place in an AA game. The story was disappointing in the end but the world was great and the puzzles were interesting and tense. I'd recommend checking it out at some point if you are interested. I'd love to play another story in this setting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Crusader Kings II. Now that Holy Fury is finally out, I decided to return to Eastern Europe and start out as a Serb named Goran who somehow wormed his way into controlling Kiev. His son and successor, Vladimir "the Son of Veles" waged several successful wars to seize multiple holy sites, securing for himself the influence necessary to reform the traditional beliefs of the Slavs into something more organized.

I very much appreciate the changes made to paganism. With Holy Fury, pagan realms have the option of either attempting to reform their faith or converting to an organized religion (I'll probably try out the "mass conversion" feature in another playthrough). The latter option can really do a number on the old faith's Moral Authority, which in turn makes it harder for the old faith to reform. Reforming a pagan religion allows for an impressive degree of customization, though, and I took full advantage of it. The pagan reformation mechanic gives a religion one nature slot, two doctrine slots, and one leadership slot. For nature, I went with Unyielding, a defensive approach that gives armies a bonus in their home territory, allows for Great Holy Wars (wars that can seize an entire kingdom from nonbelievers), and makes followers resistant to foreign proselytizing. For doctrine, I went with Meritocracy, which allows rulers to designate heirs from among their children, and Children of Perun, which is unique to the Slavic religion (each form of paganism has its own unique doctrine that a reformer can choose if they so desire) and enables fleets to move along major rivers, disables the short reign penalty, and allows rulers to spend Piety every five years to boost an attribute. For leadership, I went with Temporal, making my character's role similar to the role Caliphs play in this game. The manual lists the various other reformation options on pages fifteen through seventeen. I have no idea why Paradox chose "Chernoban" as the title for the Slavic religious head, though. I've half a mind to dig through the game's files and change it to something that I feel would be more appropriate (probably something that would translate into something along the lines of "Speaker of the Gods").

Novgorod broke off following the death of Vladimir (gavelkind strikes again), though because they were still tribal, they had elective gavelkind. That eventually worked to my advantage, as the Novgorodian nobles eventually elected my current character's father, Vyacheslav "Sharp Tongue" to lead them. His own father died of natural causes soon after, enabling me to play as Vyacheslav and rule over a united Russia (considering that Vyacheslav chose the potentially self-destructive "Seduction" focus shortly after becoming landed, I'm glad I was able to control him before the AI could make him do something stupid and catch the Pox or get murdered by an angry husband). During my time playing as Vyacheslav, his spymaster uncovered a rumor of an incredible artifact, eventually successfully tracking the artifact down and delivering it to him. It was none other than the Axe of Perun (I had supernatural events activated) itself.

My current character, Rogvolod "the Eternal Thunder" (yes, really) built off of his father's accomplishments, bringing all of Poland and Bohemia under his rule. You see, there was a decision I could take that would lead to me forming something called the "Slavic Union." Based on the legend of Lech, Czech, and Rus, it is possible to form the Slavic Union if one controls the entirety of Ruthenia, Galicia-Volhynia, Chernigov, Vladimir, Novgorod, Poland, and Bohemia. And thus Rogvolod founded a prestigious bloodline, another new feature of Holy Fury. Now he and his descendants get a special bonus. The nature of a bloodline bonus depends on the bloodline. In Rogvolod's case, it's a +5 opinion bonus to all East and West Slavs, a +5 bonus to personal combat skill, and a +0.10 monthly bonus to prestige.

My ultimate goal for this playthrough is to bring all the Slavic lands under my rule, which means I'll eventually have to go toe-to-toe with the Roman Empire, as most South Slavs are in Roman lands.

Gettin' Old!

Sounds like things are going great there General
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Replayed The Secret of Monkey Island™, Special Edition. It was a good time overall, the game is really super funny and holds a lot of good moments in it. The characters are great and funny (even the minor ones), the music is absolutely top notch, the voice acting is great and the puzzles range from extremely silly and nonsensical (in a good way!) to well thought out. The insult sword fighting is also just the best, I can't get enough of it and it's such a good concept. I think Curse used it better with the rhymes but I'll have to see when I replay that later. In terms of cons, there's not too much. I thought that the graphics were kind of weird/trashy at points and the character models definitely look off. I'll also say I don't really care for Part 3 because it feels weird and has no real direction to me, and Monkey Island™ isn't as fun for me to explore as Melee Island™. I'll also say the Three Trials took such a majority of the playtime I'm surprised they didn't split it up into more parts considering how gigantic it is. It's very fun to explore though. Personal favourites include Guybrush, Bob, Stan, LeChuck and Herman. Good game, can't wait to replay its sequel when I get the time.

Happy Maria

Aaaaand already finished with that. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition done with now. Alright game, but it feels weak when compared to the first. Ending was weird but at this point I can almost accept its dumbness. I guess to me it just doesn't have that same magical sense of humour that the first game did. Too many areas feel weird/sparse/empty (Phatt Island especially feels kind of weird in terms of puzzles) and it doesn't seem particularly long. Some of the puzzles are also kind of eh and I just wasn't into the humour as much in this one. It's still fine though, and I do prefer the artstyle of this one. It also has a way better paced part 1 than the first game and I like most of the characters- Largo, Wally, er... well, there could've been more characters too, honestly. I barely even remember really liking any new character this game, it's weird. Even Elaine I felt was weirdly characterised this game. At least the bone song was good...though the lip syncing was off. Gosh, this sounds like one huge backhanded compliment now, doesn't it? Honestly I also have no real interest in what the "real" Monkey Island 3 could've been like and I'm glad we got Curse instead. Speaking of, starting that now so more thoughts when I finish it!

Cheeki Breeki

I've been playing a lot of Hearts of Iron IV this autumn, but now I play both AA Justice for All on my GBA SP, and Azur Lane on my phone. The thing is that I've got a lot of work these days, I'm writing a survey about the real estate investments and market in the UK and Canada, binging articles like this one, and even if I work from home, which is quite convenient, I can't allow myself to play HoI IV since the games are always super long and you're always tempted to play until the next tech... Or the next national program... Or the next ship you build... Or... Well, you get it. Instead, now, I can just play for 10-20 minutes during breaks, it relaxes me without being too dangerous for my work schedule.

Gettin' Old!

Strelok_401 wrote:
I've been playing a lot of Hearts of Iron IV this autumn, but now I play both AA Justice for All on my GBA SP, and Azur Lane on my phone. The thing is that I've got a lot of work these days, I'm writing a survey about the real estate investments and market in the UK and Canada, binging articles like this one, and even if I work from home, which is quite convenient, I can't allow myself to play HoI IV since the games are always super long and you're always tempted to play until the next tech... Or the next national program... Or the next ship you build... Or... Well, you get it. Instead, now, I can just play for 10-20 minutes during breaks, it relaxes me without being too dangerous for my work schedule.

Heh that sounds like the problem I used to have with Civ 5. Once caught myself looking at the clock and realising with horror it was 4am. I'd close my eyes at night when I tried to sleep and see the resource map and think "Well how am I going to get that oil from Russia?"

Ugh it's a dark path.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The video game boy; the one who wins

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Super Mario Land 2. Really like them both.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Gettin' Old!

Yakuza Kiwami and Darksiders II
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

So, uh, Smash came out. It's pretty good. Young Link and Fox are my go-to fighters, but I'm really digging the 4 Marths as well. Also giving Lucas and Greninja a shot, and I wanna try and learn how to play Inkling and K. Rool. Maybe Simon/Richter as well.

Of course, this is all meaningless considering that my true main Joker will be in the game in like 4 months. Holy fuck this is the first time my true most wanted ever got in. I'm still reeling from the announcement. My friend and I kept joking to each other about how Joker in Smash would be the dream (we even said it on the night of the GAs, in which we watched the first half together).

Also, the new Far Cry game looks great. Glad that there's actually a resolution to the god-awful ending of 5.

After getting paid for working in November, I hesistantly decided to splurge and FINALLY bought a Switch and Hyrule Warriors Definite Edition.

I like that it has the contents of Legends, and the great graphics of the WiiU version.

I dislike how you have several characters already unlocked just by starting Legend Mode. (You have Ruto, Agitha, Midna, etc; you still have to unlock Young Link, Toon Link, and a few others, but...)

I like the rebalance of the adventure maps + the new way damage is calculated.

I dislike how My Fairy is now several seconds of the fairy appearing, preparing her magic, and THEN blasting.

I dislike how your chosen costumes are not visible in cutscenes. I would have just liked to see, like, Twilight Princess Zelda or even BotW Zelda talking in cutscenes, when I play in that costume.

I like the BotW costumes.

I am a bit disappointed that they didn't take the time to add costumes or something for characters like Medli, Yuga, or Ravio, but... guess their definition of Definitive is different from mine...

Also, is it NORMAL that the Switch feels like it gets really warm after about an hour of playing? (I also don't like how, when I plug the Switch in for charging, the console turns on.)

Gettin' Old!

Yes that heat is normal. It's probably just from your hands. I find it's the same thing with my phone.

Also yeah the screen lights up when you dock it but you don't need to do anything. Just leave it be and it'll go back to sleep in a second. After a couple of times of missing the dock I'm grateful for it because it lets me know it is charging properly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I don't want it to sleep, I want it to be completely off. And I'm not talking about it being warm where my hands are. I'm talking about the back of the thing, where I'm not touching anything. That grows hot.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
I don't want it to sleep, I want it to be completely off. And I'm not talking about it being warm where my hands are. I'm talking about the back of the thing, where I'm not touching anything. That grows hot.

I've only had a Switch for a day and a half, but I've noticed it heats up quicker if the joycons are connected. Otherwise, try turning down the brightness or using headphones.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

Well if you hold in the power button you get the option to turn it off totally.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Snagged myself DQXI, Starlink, and God of War for Christmas. Despite how much time I've had over the past 4 days, I'm still only like halfway through DQXI (or at least I'm assuming I'm about halfway, at around level 24 right now). Having an absolute blast with it. I heard someone call it the "comfort food" of RPGs and that's a perfect way to describe it. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but it's still a joy to play. Only negative I have is the absolutely horrendous soundtrack. Only one battle theme, only one field theme, only one town theme, etc. Add in that the melodies are garbage and it's all MIDI, and I found myself wanting to stream my own PS4 music quickly. However, because Sugiyama is a bitch, PS4 music streaming is blocked for the entire game. God dammit.

Spoiler: 3rd orb spoiler
Just a quick note, but the Michelle/Kai romance arc was fucking incredible. I thought Michelle would turn evil at any given moment, but nope.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I still haven't even started Starlink or God of War, but I saw Shadow of the Colossus on sale for like $12 and took the plunge. I knew it's a short game, and I had a full day of nothing planned, so I figured I'd start it. I could use a break from DQ (in the third act now, does this game ever end?).

I've heard so many people call SotC one of the best games of all time, and after beating it I can certainly see why. Absolutely fucking incredible experience. Seeing such an emotional and powerful story packed into a 6 hour game is just astounding, but it plays beautifully. The world, the music, the towering colossi, it all just forms the perfect package. If you haven't played it, go out there and find yourself a copy. It's a must play for everyone.

Gettin' Old!

All wrapped up with Yakuza Kiwami! It was a good fun experience! The wackiness of that game got a genuine laugh out of me at times but the drama was real good as well. It commits to being weird and that's pretty great considering it's a fair bit of a showcase of unusual Japanese culture.

I will say that going to one of the hostess clubs was a little awkward cause one of the hostesses you could chat too is interested mostly in women. Felt weird going in there, giving gifts, going on dates and taking out little love hearts for your actions because of that. I never finished her questline but if it implied romance st the end I'd have been a little confused by it.

Having Majima everywhere was generally hilarious and it's great havin a sidequest that actually makes you more powerful in a meaningful way. By the end of the game I was regularly working Dragon Style into my combats. Some of the scenarios you encounter him in are wacky and wonderful too. It was a bit of a pain endgame grinding out the last few abilities and still encountering him but he's a good edition.

Overall I'd definitely recommend it and it's certainly made me interested in the other Yakuza games as well as this new "Judgement" game they have coming out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I never finished her questline but if it implied romance st the end I'd have been a little confused by it.

I haven't played Kiwami, but Kiryu is only ever allowed a proper love interest in 2 and then never again. unless you count Majima

Be sure to check out 0 as well. Kiwami borrowed a lot from it so it might feel a bit too similar, but it does give more insight into some of the characters, specifically Nishiki and Majima.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
I never finished her questline but if it implied romance st the end I'd have been a little confused by it.

I haven't played Kiwami, but Kiryu is only ever allowed a proper love interest in 2 and then never again. unless you count Majima

Be sure to check out 0 as well. Kiwami borrowed a lot from it so it might feel a bit too similar, but it does give more insight into some of the characters, specifically Nishiki and Majima.

Nah I'm good, I watched 0 be played through on a website so I was all up to date on it.

Also I dunno based on the shock porny-ending of Mio(?)'s hostess plotline I kinda assumed he hooked up with her at that point.

Also Yumi and him totally had a love interest thing going no?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

...Oh yeah, Yumi. I totally forgot that was supposed to be a thing. Kiwami may have improved it, but in the original game, Kiryu and Yumi's relationship is given so little focus
Spoiler:
that by the time Kiryu admits he loves Yumi as she's dying, it almost seems to come out of left field.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
...Oh yeah, Yumi. I totally forgot that was supposed to be a thing. Kiwami may have improved it, but in the original game, Kiryu and Yumi's relationship is given so little focus
Spoiler:
that by the time Kiryu admits he loves Yumi as she's dying, it almost seems to come out of left field.

Well you ain't wrong in that that's when things are officialised and there's not much else overt about it but I felt they were implying a bit in the pre-timeskip era. Getting the ring being a pretty significant present.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Still playing Crusader Kings II. It's 1324 in my current playthrough. The Mongols decided to turn southward and go after the Indian subcontinent, sparing me a lot of trouble. They were early, so it's entirely possible they would have been a threat had they marched on Russia as they did historically. For the longest time, my vassals had an annoying tendency to pick fights with each other and with neighbors I had no interest in conquering at the time. Eventually, though, I was able to reform the government and clamp down on such erratic behavior, allowing the empire to prosper. Still, some of my vassals near the border aren't subject to the same restrictions as the heartland (yet), so the occasional unwanted expansion still happens. That's become less frequent in recent years, though, thanks to most of my neighbors now being powerful enough that none of my vassals can conquer them.

At the moment, the United Slavic Empire is... gigantic. There are still a few areas of the Balkan Peninsula still under Roman control (Thrace and Epirus), and outsiders still control a few holdings within Slavic borders, but other than that, almost all European land east of the Rhine and the Ligurian Alps is Slavic. That includes the entirety of Scandinavia save for Iceland, the Faroes, the Shetlands, and Orkney (assuming you count those). I do plan on bringing the aforementioned islands under my rule, as well as Sardinia and Corsica (Sicily and Malta are already mine), but other than that, I don't plan on expanding much farther; administering an empire this size could prove difficult if it gets much bigger. The Rhine and the Ligurian Alps shall mark the empire's western border.

One interesting issue I've had to deal with is heresy. Thanks to the "secret religious cult" mechanic from the Sons of Abraham expansion, I've had to deal with people secretly reverting to the pre-reformation religion. Since my character is leader of the Slavic religion, this simply will not do. Were these Starovertsy, as I call them, willing to remain peaceful, I wouldn't have an issue with them, but after a lot of them began openly practicing their faith, they've been prone to revolt. It's regrettable, but I've got my Diviner (pagan version of the Court Chaplain) hunting apostates full-time purely because every day they spend doing anything else is an opportunity for the Starovertsy to expand their influence. In the past, I'd only execute demon worshippers, since those lot have been known to commit murder and arson, and even then, only if I could see proof of their guilt without cheating (there are certain telltale signs that innocent people lack). Now, though, I execute proven Starovertsy, too, due to the threat they pose to the realm's stability. Those who are accused, but lack clear proof of their guilt, are imprisoned just to be on the safe side. I like to be tolerant, but these people are a proven threat.

This whole business with the Starovertsy has given me ideas for a Europa Universalis IV mod or two, though. I plan on carrying my playthrough over there once I'm at the cutoff point, but there's not a lot of flavor for my empire there, so I'm going to look into adding some. I've already got an idea for a disaster that would involve the Starovertsy instigating a massive revolt.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Doki Doki Literature Club (or rather in between - I played through it in a sitting yesterday but I wanna get at it again and try to get the ending I haven't gotten)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

In Justice We Trust

Once again, I had a character in Crusader Kings II who outlived all her children save for one. Gorislava died recently at the ripe old age of eighty-one, having reigned for sixty-two years. While Gorislava's remaining child, Pribislava, is certainly capable and would have likely made a fine successor, the game allowed me to designate one of Gorislava's grandchildren as her heir, so I went with Dobrynya, the third son of Boris, Gorislava's eldest son. It occurred to me that I may have a means of dealing with the Starovertsy besides waiting for the Diviner to catch them: secretly become one with the intent to eliminate them from within. Secretly being one of the Starovertsy enables me to see who else is one, which will enable me to wipe them out, plot by plot. I suppose I'll see soon enough how effective this method is...

Gettin' Old!

Ever played the game multiplayer General? Some of my friends were interested in maybe doing this.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Lately, I've been trying to get back into Tomoyo After since starting it a month ago. For some reason, I couldn't really get into it back then.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Ever played the game multiplayer General? Some of my friends were interested in maybe doing this.

I've never tried multiplayer, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Just started The Secret of Monkey Island SE since it was cheap nuff so why not?

Spoiler: Writing is 10/10 already.

Pretty philosophical too.

Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Ayyyyy nice, hope you're liking it so far. Pretty good stuff.

In Justice We Trust

I finally decided to buy and play Minecraft a few weeks back. It's definitely a fun game, though I'll concede that it suffers from one of the same flaws Paradox's grand strategy games suffer from: the potential for the player to run out of things they want to do. I joined a friendly server, so that was nice (it saved me some early-game trouble). We're allowed to claim parcels of land in said server and I decided to set up shop in the middle of a pond, as the water would slow enemies down. I didn't expect there to be a natural cavern right under the pond, though. I'm in the process of building a "home" in the cavern; there's a central tower that goes from the bedrock to several stories above the surface, as well as a number of walkways throughout the cavern connecting to smaller caverns that I made through mining. The pond also allowed me to decorate the tower with a couple of waterfalls.

I've also been playing Civilization VI with the new expansion. The Climate Change mechanic certainly does present a nice late-game challenge. The Flood Barrier building protects lowlands from rising sea levels, but it's from a late-game technology, so coastal civilizations have a strong incentive to invest in science. Regarding new civilizations and leaders, I was a little disappointed that Musa speaks Arabic in-game. Granted, he almost certainly knew Arabic historically, what with his famous economy-crashing Hajj, but I would have preferred to hear him speak Maninké or one of the other dominant languages in the Mali Empire.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I finally decided to buy and play Minecraft a few weeks back. It's definitely a fun game, though I'll concede that it suffers from one of the same flaws Paradox's grand strategy games suffer from: the potential for the player to run out of things they want to do. I joined a friendly server, so that was nice (it saved me some early-game trouble). We're allowed to claim parcels of land in said server and I decided to set up shop in the middle of a pond, as the water would slow enemies down. I didn't expect there to be a natural cavern right under the pond, though. I'm in the process of building a "home" in the cavern; there's a central tower that goes from the bedrock to several stories above the surface, as well as a number of walkways throughout the cavern connecting to smaller caverns that I made through mining. The pond also allowed me to decorate the tower with a couple of waterfalls.

I've also been playing Civilization VI with the new expansion. The Climate Change mechanic certainly does present a nice late-game challenge. The Flood Barrier building protects lowlands from rising sea levels, but it's from a late-game technology, so coastal civilizations have a strong incentive to invest in science. Regarding new civilizations and leaders, I was a little disappointed that Musa speaks Arabic in-game. Granted, he almost certainly knew Arabic historically, what with his famous economy-crashing Hajj, but I would have preferred to hear him speak Maninké or one of the other dominant languages in the Mali Empire.

Yeah I'd love to get the new Civilisation but it's so pricy right now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Lately I've just been screwing around and seeing what games of mine will work with my brother's steam controller.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord
Page 267 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station