Credit RulesUnless I say otherwise, please credit me for any sprites you may use. This includes 3D model rips.
If the sprite lists someone else's base/contributions, please follow their credit rules as well. I don't want any sprite theft accusations around here - if I use someone's base/edit someone's sprites I'll say so.
Aside from that, I don't care what you do with these, nor can I control what you do with them even if I did care. Just be respectful.
(It'd be cool if you let me know about using them in a fan-case, though, because I'd love to see that.)
Canon Character StuffSpoiler: Concept art GumshoeSpoiler: Small EditsSpoiler: MarshallSpecial CasesThese sprites have been made using another user's base or are edits of their sprites. Please follow the outlined credit rules for each instance.Spoiler: Buddy Faith Re-EditsResources/GraphicsSpoiler: Graphic ripsSpoiler: Psyche-Locks - Preview & Download linksSpoiler: 3D character rips
Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
In my fruitless attempts to revive the Sprite board, I will post my sprites here.
Spoiler: Old thread
Last edited by in1tiate on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:55 am, edited 30 times in total.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
- PhosphorousLaw
- Suspect

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 am
- Custom Title: I will return...
- Location: San Francisco, Japanifornia
Re: devnull's bubbles
Can you make an "Objection, your honor!" Bubble? And a "Aha!" Bubble?
One lingering thought fills my mind, burdening me with anxiety...
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: devnull's bubbles
Boy do I feel bad for making you wait this long.PhosphorousLaw wrote:Can you make an "Objection, your honor!" Bubble? And a "Aha!" Bubble?
"Objection, your honor!" is a little too wordy for a shout bubble, unfortunately. I tried to get it to work and couldn't - you're welcome to try it yourself, though!
As for "Aha!":

Here you go :D
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Updated topic.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Oh boy, edits! Looking at everyone's favorite Wild West patrolman, Jake Marshall.
Spoiler: Marshall
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Actually did this awhile ago, but I hadn't posted it anywhere yet. Psyche-Locks!
Fair warning - these were assembled for AO2, and as such are in that format. Also, the background chains aren't animated - I couldn't find a sheet, sorry
Fair warning - these were assembled for AO2, and as such are in that format. Also, the background chains aren't animated - I couldn't find a sheet, sorry
-snip-
Check the main post for the most up-to-date links.
Last edited by in1tiate on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Initiate's sprites
Holy heckus that's highly handy. Thanks!
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
SuperAj3 wrote:Ooh these are so useful! Awesome work!
Thank you. They took me forever, not the least of which because I kept falling asleep. I didn't teach myself Photoshop scripting until after I did these, and they were all off by one pixel. Guess who moved them all frame-by-frame, manuallyLind wrote:Holy heckus that's highly handy. Thanks!
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Updated thread. Still unsure about the "re-edits," I can take them down if that turns out to be not okay.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Initiate's sprites
Provided Fen gave you permission it should be OK. Probably best to ask first before posting thoughInitiate wrote:Updated thread. Still unsure about the "re-edits," I can take them down if that turns out to be not okay.
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Gah, knew I forgot something. Removed the sprites pending approval.SuperAj3 wrote:Provided Fen gave you permission it should be OK. Probably best to ask first before posting thoughInitiate wrote:Updated thread. Still unsure about the "re-edits," I can take them down if that turns out to be not okay.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
AJtheprogrammer
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 296
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am
- Custom Title: Lunackt
- Location: anywhere.
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
These are so good!
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Updating again, though I've actually been updating silently for a while now. Most importantly for this update is that I've redone the Psyche-Locks, so they shouldn't flip themselves for no reason anymore. If you previously downloaded them, you should get the new ones because I promise they're better.
Anyway, onto the sprites, and there's not just a huge amount of them.
First off, some more stuff for Marshall:
And a few little edits:
Anyway, onto the sprites, and there's not just a huge amount of them.
First off, some more stuff for Marshall:
Spoiler: The Cowboy Guy Part 2
Spoiler: Small Edits
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Surprise! I now know how to rip animations from models via 3ds Max. Here's one that was pretty fun to do as a first project, pretty simple: Phoenix's front-facing animations from SOJ, complete with Furio variation!
-snip!-
Check the main post for the most up-to-date links!
Last edited by in1tiate on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Initiate's sprites
These are amazing and I love them.
Is it possible to rip them in 3DS resolution as well for video purposes?
Is it possible to rip them in 3DS resolution as well for video purposes?
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Yes, and there are a few options.Lind wrote: Is it possible to rip them in 3DS resolution as well for video purposes?
The raw AVI files are here (Phoenix, Furio), I use Fusion 9 to remove the black backgrounds and such using the ChromaKey tool. If you need the preset I use, I can send that too.
Alternatively, I can rip them in 3DS res myself but it'll take awhile 'cause I've got some other rips to finish first.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites
Finished up the Phoenix SOJ forward-facing emotes with the Japan-exclusive Sengoku BASARA DLC costume!
And just for giggles, here's the AVI files I used.
Spoiler: Preview & download
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
New rip out, pretty small one this time.
Spoiler: Edgeworth SOJ Wit
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
This caused me immense physical pain, in a purely metaphorical sense.
Here you are, His Holiness:
Here you are, His Holiness:
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
Frechi
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 230
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:56 pm
- Custom Title: Take that!
- Location: Japanifornia
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
Ooh, these are all really good! I think the Pal thought bubbles are hilarious - if only Gumshoe did that in game :P
Ace Attorney: Power of Nine
The Great Ace Attorney: Power of Nine
AA: PO9: Across the Lawyer-Spirit Lines
The Great Ace Attorney: Power of Nine
AA: PO9: Across the Lawyer-Spirit Lines
Click the links to be taken to my AU Stories! (RIP Photos)
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
Funny you mention those - I made them for an AO server I was active in at the time that had fanmade voicelines saying exactly that. I've been looking around but I haven't been able to figure out who made them or where they came from. I also made new versions of them later on that I never got around to uploading:Frechi wrote:Ooh, these are all really good! I think the Pal thought bubbles are hilarious - if only Gumshoe did that in game :P
I would upload the voice lines themselves, but as I said I have no idea who made them and so I'm not comfortable hosting them myself.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
in1tiate
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 pm
- Location: Texas
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
Oh dear. I haven't updated this thread in a while, have I? That's no good. Well, here's a brief rundown of what I've been up to.
The Ripping Resource - Partnership
I'm very pleased to announce that I've partnered with The Ripping Resource - a site dedicated to providing high-quality assets from the Ace Attorney series. So far I've managed to rip Bobby Fulbright along with - drumroll please - the Phantom! For the first time ever, the Phantom has been fully ripped. I've ripped more than just him, but those rips aren't on the site yet so I won't spoil ;)
Sprite Edits
I've done quite a few edits since I last updated. Some of them are edits of other people's sprites, and I've credited those accordingly.
Godot - Counsel
I'm aware this has been done before, but I like to think I did it better. These are all 100% by me, using only official sprites as a base.
Album
Phoenix Wright - Front-Facing (VirtAnderson edits)
These are edits from a base by VirtAnderson. I'm pretty sure I got the sheepish face from another sprite too, but I absolutely cannot find the source for it. I'll update the thread if/when I do.
[Update: I found them! Some parts of my set are based on parts of this set by Saishan on Tumblr.]
Album
Phoenix Wright (DD Edit) - Front-Facing (VirtAnderson edits)
These are the same edits as above, but in the DD costume. These are inspired by (and take colors from) the set by Sligneris.
Album
Athena Cykes Punch Preanim (Raijin edit)
I felt the Athena set had potential but needed some motion, so I made this using Raijin's emote as a base. I believe I used some of the rest of the set for bits of Athena's head and hair, but the arms are (as far as I remember) my own work. The animation is also mine.
Last edited by in1tiate on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread | my fangame |
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
Nice to know this exists! There have been lots of rips/ animations done for DD/SoJ but they're scattered around the internet. Hopefully this becomes a complete collection!Initiate wrote:The Ripping Resource - Partnership
I'm very pleased to announce that I've partnered with The Ripping Resource - a site dedicated to providing high-quality assets from the Ace Attorney series. So far I've managed to rip Bobby Fulbright along with - drumroll please - the Phantom! For the first time ever, the Phantom has been fully ripped. I've ripped more than just him, but those rips aren't on the site yet so I won't spoil ;)
-
Frechi
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 230
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:56 pm
- Custom Title: Take that!
- Location: Japanifornia
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
Looks like Athena and Pearl are going to be punch buddies

Ace Attorney: Power of Nine
The Great Ace Attorney: Power of Nine
AA: PO9: Across the Lawyer-Spirit Lines
The Great Ace Attorney: Power of Nine
AA: PO9: Across the Lawyer-Spirit Lines
Click the links to be taken to my AU Stories! (RIP Photos)
-
WoweMain
- Suspect

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:42 pm
- Custom Title: The "miracle" never happened.
- Location: Latvia
- Contact:
Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)
Wow! That's really impressive, your sprites look pretty much the same as the original sprites! Nice work!
Dievs, svēti Latviju!













































