Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 268 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Just had a satisfying few rounds of Smash with my friend. I found a couple of ways around some of his old stalwarts. His Corrin lost to my Richter whereas before I couldn't beat Corrin with a number of people. My Wolf game came along a bit as well. It might be dipping into the "dark side" a little but using his gun to zone people out is working alright with me. At the least it might have put my friend on tilt which mighta made them make a mistake or two.

All in all our matches were still pretty close, 58 KOs to 50 at the end but the extra victories above were a joy for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I've been playing SSBU with Karim a lot lately. He mains Sonic and Megaman (always has, always will) and he's AMAZING! I could never beat him, but I kept sparring with him and I've gotten better and I actually beat him a few times. I main Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ness, but Bowser is my #1 for sure. Anyway I always play with him because lvl 9 CPUs just don't play hard enough. I would go online, but the lags for some people is ridiculous and annoying.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
I've been playing SSBU with Karim a lot lately. He mains Sonic and Megaman (always has, always will) and he's AMAZING! I could never beat him, but I kept sparring with him and I've gotten better and I actually beat him a few times. I main Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ness, but Bowser is my #1 for sure. Anyway I always play with him because lvl 9 CPUs just don't play hard enough. I would go online, but the lags for some people is ridiculous and annoying.

Hells yeah Ganondorf! Love putting the boot to people.

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 3 and yeaaaaaah it's good.

The combat system is good but I think I preferred the old "reaction commands" system from the past. The attractions were powerful, team attacks were powerful and the form changes were really powerful too and it all flowed together really well (well except for attractions, I kinda feel they slowed things down and just stopped using them). The consequence of this is that you feel too powerful at times and combat can seem a mite too trivial at times. I can't really recall anytime I felt challenged massively by KH3's enemies except for a boss or two. If you enjoy that feeling of power it's great but I liked to enjoy a bit of a closer fight. It means fights have less unique elements to them as well since reaction commands previously allowed for unique actions in response to the enemy which I kinda miss.

Spoiler: The Keyblade Graveyard/Endgame
The biggest issue I had with the finale though it's a small one is how Sora has to be the main character for every moment.

The battles between the allies and enemies were good but chaotic and I feel they would have benefitted more from 1vs1 fights for a lot of them. For these I feel they also should have let you control some of the allies as a guest combatant rather than being the ally, plus Sora.

For example, the first one I had was Repliku + Xigbar versus Sora + Riku. Now Riku and Repliku have such beef that a one on one fight between them would have been thrilling but since you play as Sora you are obviously the main weight in that fight against them since Riku is just a party member. It diminishes what should be 'his' moment I feel. Plus the fact these fights have two bosses at once make them feel a lot more chaotic and less skilled. Did I care about dodging attacks? Barely, it's nigh impossible but it was possible for me to power through anyway and I think that's a product of the multi-boss design. You can't have two intricate boss battles crammed into one or it might be impossible. In a one-vs-one boss fight you could have phases, attack strategies, DPS checks, other more bespoke things to make a boss fight memorable but when crammed with another boss you need to dumb that stuff down a bit I think.

It also created a really weird narrative moment when in the middle of the boss fight, I took Repliku out first. The gameplay stopped and it played through a lengthy and good cutscene where Riku and Repliku got to talk out their differences before Repliku died. The normal sort of stuff when a boss is defeated really and there's nothing wrong with that. The narrative problem is that once this cutscene ends you are thrown right back into the battle with Xigbar who apparently was just standing off-camera throughout the entire Repliku death cutscene. It's weird and it feels like it was intended to be one boss at a time battles as this pattern persists throughout ALL the endgame battles. It's particularly egregious when dueling Ansem, Xemnas and Young Xehanort and each one of them gets a solo "death" cutscene in the middle of the battle. The cutscenes are fine but narratively it's weird and it's more reason why I'd do it one boss at a time.

But other great things are the game looks incredible and the stories can really enkindle a bit of the Disney magic. Reminds me why I loved the films the world is based on. Especially Tangled. Tangled is a great movie.

Some of the comedy in it was legitimately great too.

Spoiler: Monstropolis for example
I laughed out loud when Vanitas (ULTIMATE ANGSTY BEING OF DARKNESS) was about to do some bad stuff then Sully ambushes him and clamps down on his arms from behind and then hurls him through like a dozen doors before shredding the last one to dispose of him.

Disney characters (outside, Donald, Goofy and Mickey) rarely get to go toe-to-toe with a big bad and so seeing one of them treated with such a humiliating and funny end was incredible and great.

Definitely would recommend folks play it if they are in the KH rabbit hole. I don't know how well it would appeal to people who haven't been clued in on the story so far and even I got lost towards the end with some of the stuff they pulled. God knows how the Xbox users who just bought KH3 without playing the other games will perceive this but if you like Kingdom Hearts, and Disney (and Pixar since they flex that license well) this game is great.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Got FFX at my local Gamestop for like $15, and I figured I'd try the FF series again after the abomination that was XV. I liked it a lot. Great story, fun combat system, beautiful music, it's got everything it needs to be a fantastic JRPG. The exploration and encounter rate is pretty bad, but other than that, everything should be ok.

Then I got to the end portion of the game.

Spoiler: Endgame
This. Shit. Does. Not. Fucking. End. Why the fuck are there 5 goddamn boss fights? With two pointless roads near the end that offer nothing? It's so incredibly drawn out, it's making me want to tear my hair out. And that's not even mentioning the stupidity of the final boss. I had everything going great, until Jecht decided to pull off 4 STRAIGHT turns on my aeon and party. Went from a fully healed party + Bahamut to everyone dead without me even getting a chance to react. What the fuck? Thought "ok, I'll just try and get some more aeons then". But then I found out that Anima is locked behind the destruction spheres (some of which I didn't do) and now I need to get past this stupid fucking Dark Valefor thing to even get back to Besaid! I don't have time to grind up my part and my Yojimbos, I just want this fucking game to end! Probably just gonna look up the ending on YT (since I know the final two bosses are impossible to lose against). I really, REALLY don't want to, but I just don't have the time or energy to bury another 10 hours into the game.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
Got FFX at my local Gamestop for like $15, and I figured I'd try the FF series again after the abomination that was XV. I liked it a lot. Great story, fun combat system, beautiful music, it's got everything it needs to be a fantastic JRPG. The exploration and encounter rate is pretty bad, but other than that, everything should be ok.

Then I got to the end portion of the game.

Spoiler: Endgame
This. Shit. Does. Not. Fucking. End. Why the fuck are there 5 goddamn boss fights? With two pointless roads near the end that offer nothing? It's so incredibly drawn out, it's making me want to tear my hair out. And that's not even mentioning the stupidity of the final boss. I had everything going great, until Jecht decided to pull off 4 STRAIGHT turns on my aeon and party. Went from a fully healed party + Bahamut to everyone dead without me even getting a chance to react. What the fuck? Thought "ok, I'll just try and get some more aeons then". But then I found out that Anima is locked behind the destruction spheres (some of which I didn't do) and now I need to get past this stupid fucking Dark Valefor thing to even get back to Besaid! I don't have time to grind up my part and my Yojimbos, I just want this fucking game to end! Probably just gonna look up the ending on YT (since I know the final two bosses are impossible to lose against). I really, REALLY don't want to, but I just don't have the time or energy to bury another 10 hours into the game.

Hahaha aww I really liked FFX for the amount of endgame content it put into it. You pick up a couple of ultimate weapons and those last plot bosses are easy peasy too. You can still go back to the temples and get all the Destruction Spheres (though yeah you do need to beat Dark Valefor and maybe Dark Shiva for it).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Gonna give the final boss another try today. Who knows, maybe I can get past it this time. I just want to beat this damn game lol.

EDIT: Decided to try and get Tidus’s celestial weapon. Beat the chocobo race after about an hour of trying. Guide told me I just needed to go to the Zanarkand ruins to get the other necessary material. Guide also fails to mention that there’s a superboss there. Got completely wiped, and lost my progress because I didn’t think I needed to save.

Yeah, I’m not gonna deal with this game anymore. Fun experience, but I’m not dealing with this bullshit anymore.

EDIT 2: After a few more tries, finally got past the final boss and finished the game. Christ almighty Square, how can you put such a beautiful ending behind so much stupid shit! I fucking love this story holy shit.

Hahaha... fuck the chocobo race. The only time I ever managed to get the 0:00:00 you required was because I had the Japanese PS2 version, and I exploited a glitch in that. (The glitch has been removed in other versions) And, yeah, not sure what guide you went for, but unless it was for International or the HD Remaster, it originally didn't have the Dark Aeons there...

Agree on FF X having a good story... but the characters suck. (Except for Auron and Rikku.)

Yabba Dabba Doo

CatMuto wrote:
Hahaha... fuck the chocobo race. The only time I ever managed to get the 0:00:00 you required was because I had the Japanese PS2 version, and I exploited a glitch in that. (The glitch has been removed in other versions) And, yeah, not sure what guide you went for, but unless it was for International or the HD Remaster, it originally didn't have the Dark Aeons there...

Agree on FF X having a good story... but the characters suck. (Except for Auron and Rikku.)

Swap Rikku for Yuna and I agree. I liked Kimahri too as a background character, and Tidus improved drastically in the 2nd half of the game. 1st half Tidus though? Yikes.

Tidus sucked throughout the game. His idea of sounding confident and like a leader was TALKING LOUDER.

I preordered Dead or Alive 6.
Gotta say, not very happy that majority of the unlockable costumes are just recolors upon recolors... and how you unlock them, too. You have to get clothes parts, which are mostly obtained by playing the non-story stuff (you get 1 clothing part from there... for a costume that has up to 1000 parts) or doing all the DOA quests. Which is still not clear WHICH costume you are getting because it's random for which costume you collect parts, and random for which character you get it for. And if you just got 500 clothing parts that got set onto a 100 clothing part costume? You just wasted 400 parts.

Can't say much about the story, so far, because I haven't done much with it.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah I hear DOA is a bit of a scam with its DLC and extra costumes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Generally, it isn't. If I look at Dead or Alive 2 on the Xbox, it had... 12-14 costumes for the girls, and about 5 for the guys. And since it was on the first Xbox, absolutely no DLC.

Dead or Alive 3 had 'less' costumes, but you could, say, alter the clothes color of Ayane's dress, if you pressed a button other than A when selecting her.

Dead or Alive 4 was the first on the Xbox360, and had... um, 6 to 7 costumes for most girls, and about 5 for guys? Not too sure. Yeah, there was some DLC, if I recall.

Dead or Alive 5, the original release, not the shit they pulled with Ultimate and Last Round and what not, actually had a damn good costume selection! And it was actually not very filled with fanservice costumes! Sure, you had bikinis, but the really racy ones were locked behind Legend rank of the fight categories. But THEN they pulled crap with the game and kept shoving more and more DLC out. Look, I enjoy swimsuits on the guys as much as on the girls, but that's pretty much it. Majority of the DLC I never got because they were not costumes I cared for. I think I grabbed the free DLC outfits for the PS3 version, but that's because it was some 'decent' clothes. Including giving Mila the blue outfit Tina wore in DoA 1.

Dead or Alive 6? ...all of the clothes are recolors. Sure, I have 15 costumes for Ayane, but they are all three or four recolors of clothes. I don't MIND recolors, as long as they aren't the only type of costume. And while I did preorder the game, I apparently still need to download something or so to unlock Nyotengu and Phase 4? Gotta ask about that... not that I care much, but it is dumb to sort-of-not-really lock characters behind DLC.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Generally, it isn't. If I look at Dead or Alive 2 on the Xbox, it had... 12-14 costumes for the girls, and about 5 for the guys. And since it was on the first Xbox, absolutely no DLC.

Dead or Alive 3 had 'less' costumes, but you could, say, alter the clothes color of Ayane's dress, if you pressed a button other than A when selecting her.

Dead or Alive 4 was the first on the Xbox360, and had... um, 6 to 7 costumes for most girls, and about 5 for guys? Not too sure. Yeah, there was some DLC, if I recall.

Dead or Alive 5, the original release, not the shit they pulled with Ultimate and Last Round and what not, actually had a damn good costume selection! And it was actually not very filled with fanservice costumes! Sure, you had bikinis, but the really racy ones were locked behind Legend rank of the fight categories. But THEN they pulled crap with the game and kept shoving more and more DLC out. Look, I enjoy swimsuits on the guys as much as on the girls, but that's pretty much it. Majority of the DLC I never got because they were not costumes I cared for. I think I grabbed the free DLC outfits for the PS3 version, but that's because it was some 'decent' clothes. Including giving Mila the blue outfit Tina wore in DoA 1.

Dead or Alive 6? ...all of the clothes are recolors. Sure, I have 15 costumes for Ayane, but they are all three or four recolors of clothes. I don't MIND recolors, as long as they aren't the only type of costume. And while I did preorder the game, I apparently still need to download something or so to unlock Nyotengu and Phase 4? Gotta ask about that... not that I care much, but it is dumb to sort-of-not-really lock characters behind DLC.

Hmm maybe but I've seen the pricing for the DOA5 DLC and the DOA6 Season Pass and I don't think costumes should cost anywhere NEAR that much.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Aw hell, no! I've seen the season pass. 90€? That's more than I paid for the whole damn GAME. No way am I touching that thing with a fifty-foot pole.

Still addicted to Overwatch.

I established Widowmaker, Ashe and Reaper as my three DPS mains; Brigitte and Zenyatta as my support mains, and lately I’ve been trying to tank with Orisa. She is the only tank character I can play reasonably well with (at least for now).

It’s easy to hate a lot of characters in this game.

Wrecking Ball and Doomfist suck.

Junkrat, Tracer, Bastion and Genji are annoying AF. Junkrat, how I hate this bastard lol.

Genji is so unfair. The more I rank up, the more I can see it. Almost everything about this fucker is unbalanced. Tracer is relatively OP against many characters, but thinking about it, at least Brigitte exists to keep her in check. Brig is not a hard counter to Genji at all. Nobody seems to be a hard counter against Genji.

This is why Reaper is one of my favorite flankers. He can be annoying, but he’s fair. He has weaknesses and counters. And he is fun to play as.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Aw hell, no! I've seen the season pass. 90€? That's more than I paid for the whole damn GAME. No way am I touching that thing with a fifty-foot pole.

Yeah that's what I meant when I said they seemed a bit shady on DLC

Thelema wrote:
Still addicted to Overwatch.

I established Widowmaker, Ashe and Reaper as my three DPS mains; Brigitte and Zenyatta as my support mains, and lately I’ve been trying to tank with Orisa. She is the only tank character I can play reasonably well with (at least for now).

It’s easy to hate a lot of characters in this game.

Wrecking Ball and Doomfist suck.

Junkrat, Tracer, Bastion and Genji are annoying AF. Junkrat, how I hate this bastard lol.

Genji is so unfair. The more I rank up, the more I can see it. Almost everything about this fucker is unbalanced. Tracer is relatively OP against many characters, but thinking about it, at least Brigitte exists to keep her in check. Brig is not a hard counter to Genji at all. Nobody seems to be a hard counter against Genji.

This is why Reaper is one of my favorite flankers. He can be annoying, but he’s fair. He has weaknesses and counters. And he is fun to play as.

Eh Reaper is crazy strong just now with the buff to his life's real effect. Makes him crazy durable so long as he lands his shots.

I always thought Brigitte was meant to be decent against Genji for the same reasons as Tracer. Symmetra used to sort Genji out alright, he can't deflect beams and it used to lock on which made his mobility count for nothing.

Bastion, Widow and Hanzo are the ones I think I probably hate the most but that's more because I don't know what to do about them a lot of the time. Well against Widow or Hanzo I'd probably switch to Winston but sometimes with Team compositions I'm not free to make that switch or they'll have good Winston counters.

Bastion on the payload with a Rein/Orisa shield I don't have an answer for.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I disagree that Reaper is crazy strong. Against long-range damage, he can’t really do anything. He is not fast, either. He is only effective if you allow him to approach you. He is very strong against tanks in most situations though, and will certainly ruin a team if its tanks aren’t properly protected. But he can be countered.

Brig can be decent/a semi-counter against Genji, but she can’t kill him as easily as she kills Tracer.

I understand that people may feel hitscan heroes like Widow and Hanzo are annoying, but at least they require very precise aim to instakill you. Bastion is obnoxious because he can basically instakill you through bodyshots.

(I’d say D.Va is the best pick against a good Widowmaker/Hanzo. They can’t kill her easily in the first place, and her defense matrix just reinforces her resistance to shots. But against Widow in particular, you need good a prior knowledge about the map and the spots she’ll likely use).

The last match I played against a team with the annoying Orisa/Hardt + Bastion combo, I just picked Reaper and attacked the tanks from behind. Orisa in particular is crazy weak against Reaper. Even if the Bastion kills me in the process, I have taken Orisa/Hardt out of the way (and probably some other characters, like healers) and opened up a lot of space for my team.

The essential against a Bastion + tank combo is to have a good flanker. Reaper, Genji, even Sombra - all of these can do the job. Pharah is a good option as well, since her attack style is especially made to be strong against shields.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
I disagree that Reaper is crazy strong. Against long-range damage, he can’t really do anything. He is not fast, either. He is only effective if you allow him to approach you. He is very strong against tanks in most situations though, and will certainly ruin a team if its tanks aren’t properly protected. But he can be countered.

Brig can be decent/a semi-counter against Genji, but she can’t kill him as easily as she kills Tracer.

I understand that people may feel hitscan heroes like Widow and Hanzo are annoying, but at least they require very precise aim to instakill you. Bastion is obnoxious because he can basically instakill you through bodyshots.

(I’d say D.Va is the best pick against a good Widowmaker/Hanzo. They can’t kill her easily in the first place, and her defense matrix just reinforces her resistance to shots. But against Widow in particular, you need good a prior knowledge about the map and the spots she’ll likely use).

The last match I played against a team with the annoying Orisa/Hardt + Bastion combo, I just picked Reaper and attacked the tanks from behind. Orisa in particular is crazy weak against Reaper. Even if the Bastion kills me in the process, I have taken Orisa/Hardt out of the way (and probably some other characters, like healers) and opened up a lot of space for my team.

The essential against a Bastion + tank combo is to have a good flanker. Reaper, Genji, even Sombra - all of these can do the job. Pharah is a good option as well, since her attack style is especially made to be strong against shields.

Hahaha it's easy for you to say as a Widow/Hanzo main. I've never had precise enough aim for ranged characters. I'll play most anyone but snipers (well excepting Ana) so Reaper is crazy dangerous up close. There's times when I wouldn't say the precise aim isn't necessary either for the snipers to be incredibly obnoxious. There's been many a kill-cam where Hanzo has "sprayed and prayed" with his Rapid Fire to get people, or where I seriously question how Widow's bullet or an arrow hit me in the head.

The requirement of 'skill' to kill doesn't mean too much for me as an "at least". If anything I find it just means that there ends up a sniper duel which once lost, leaves one team at the mercy of random instant kills from headshots. If folks are losing the sniper duel I think they should switch to another role.

Having a good flanker is difficult because I don't particularly consider myself good enough for the best folks for it (Sombra, Tracer, etc). I dabble in Reaper a bit though my friend is better and I don't mind Hammond but I think Bastion's ridiculous resistance to being moved is a nightmare. Like my dream move is golfswing in with Hammond, knock folks away, Piledrive onto Bastion and finish him off. Not being able to shake him at all though is the pain.

I find that with the extra protection from Shields Bastion will destroys Pharah in a heartbeat.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Got Vesperia for $10 off and Bravely Second for $20. Started Vesperia first, since BS will likely be more similar to FF and I just finished FFX.

God, I love this game so far. I was impressed with Berseria's characters, and Vesperia is no different. The party lacks the comic relief that Magilou brought, but they're still great nonetheless. Yuri in particular is such a fun protagonist. Karol gets a bit annoying, but he's surprisingly tame compared to how I thought he'd be.

Combat is, in my opinion, a big step up from Berseria as well. Much easier to understand. I don't think I've really gotten into the meat of it yet, but linking up the artes is a lot of fun. One of the few RPGs that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out when I lose to a boss; more often than not, it legitimately feels like it was my fault alone that I lost. The lack of an autosave has caused me to lose some big progress a few times, but overall I've been having a ton of fun.

Also, why the hell do these games share so many VAs with Persona? I thought Magilou sharing the same VA as Futaba was weird enough, but this game takes it to the next level. I can't stop hearing Kanji when Yuri talks, Marie when Estelle talks, and Yukari when Rita talks. This is just compounded by Riegel being Flynn's VA, so now there's a blonde Phoenix Wright wandering around.

Widowmaker is one of the characters with the most obvious weaknesses in the game. Again, I can understand why hitscan heroes in general annoy others, but she is completely useless when it comes to close combat. Sombra is a great counter to her as well in cases approaching Widowmaker directly is difficult. You can just become invisible, hack and kill her. You don’t really need a sniper in your team to take her down (even though it is a solid option).

If a particular Widowmaker/Hanzo becomes a problem, your team can easily pick tanks with shields/strong defenses. Widow and Hanzo aren’t strong against Reinhardt, Orisa or D.va. They aren’t strong against any tank actually, but having a shield around is especially good to protect more teammates from bullets/arrows (especially healers).

And above all... let’s be frank here. Widowmaker’s ult is useful, but not very powerful. Even Hanzo’s ult is not so powerful when compared to Genji’s ult. They are both fairly balanced characters.

Being instakilled by a Bastion and being instakilled by a Hanzo have a world of difference to me. The first case annoys me much more; I know anyone playing Bastion can do it. On the other hand, if a Hanzo repeatedly instakills me through headshots, I’ll just think the player is good and is being rewarded for their skills.

(This is why it is much more rare to see a Widow or a Hanzo who completely ruins the adversary team, and it is much more common to see Bastion ruining a team without shields).

(I have not always been a decent sniper, BTW. I started off very sucky. I kept practicing a lot, because eh, I found the role fun and satisfying even when my performance was bad. Now my aim is much better - it is just one of these things you can improve).

You can always practice with characters you are not very good at/confident with in Quickplay. I’m not good at tanking, never been, but I’m currently trying to master/become decent at Orisa.

Gettin' Old!

Ugh the last level of Wargroove is terrible and frustrating.
Spoiler:
You only have commanders and no bases so you are extremely limited in your tactical options and can't produce more soldiers well.

Add to that the final boss will possess one of your commanders every other turn and use them to maximum effect.

Plus if any commander dies you lose the entire thing.

Its just a massive exercise in frustration that forces you to crawl across the map and if you make a slight mistake or get screwed by RNG you do it all over again.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Devil May Cry 5 is the first game in a while that made me want to immediately replay it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

What's a Court Records?

I've been pretty into Danganronpa V3 lately.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Gettin' Old!

Valkyria Chronicles 4 was half-off on Switch and so I totally went in on that. Enjoying it well so far! Might need to boot a sniper from my team because she does terribly but its good to get back to that unique style of gameplay.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 3 and while I like it a lot I also dislike it. The one thing I hate is that there are way too many cut scenes. It's 80% cut scene in almost every world.
Cut-scene
Cut-scene
Battle
Cut-scene
Battle
Cut-scene
Cut-scene
Cut-scene
Final Battle
Okay NOW you can explore. I really don't like that. There are certain things I see or wanna do and I can't because I'm either in the middle of a cut-scene or thrown into yet another boss battle. It's kind of annoying. I wish Frozen and Tangled weren't in it either. The worlds were rather boring in my opinion. I also hate the fact that they just had to add in "Let It Go" and "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?" cut-scenes. :ron:
Other than that I'm fine with everything else. I love the big maps for some worlds. It was nice seeing other areas of worlds that haven't been shown in previous games.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
Valkyria Chronicles 4 was half-off on Switch and so I totally went in on that. Enjoying it well so far! Might need to boot a sniper from my team because she does terribly but its good to get back to that unique style of gameplay.

Enjoy it, by far my favorite game last year.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Still playing Vesperia. It’s a great game, but good god it just doesn’t fucking end. It felt like the climax of the game was at the 20 hour mark, and now I’m at 30 hours and still not even that close to the ending. Never been a fan of “_____ might’ve been evil but this evil god thing was the true threat all along!” stories, and this is no exception. Much longer than it needs to be.

The Real Human Being

RISK OF RAIN 2

AAAAAHHHHH IT'S SO GOOD AAAAHHHHH
FINALLY, I waited SO LONG for this game!
A third person shooter ROUGE-LIKE
AAAUUUGH IS SO FUN, EARLY ACCESS IS SO WORTH IT AAAUUUGH

If you like getting shot at from all directions, shooting a guy who explodes, lighting other enemies around them on fire, and they explode too while arcing lightning to those yet to be burned and thousands of NUMBERS AND DING DING DING SOUNDS OF DAMAGE WHILE THE MAP IS WIPED FROM CHAIN REACTIONS then I STRONGLY suggest getting this game.

But if you do, please note that there's no "end game" yet. You play the same cycle of maps until you die.
Also it's 4 player, online AND local co-op.

DO IT.

BUY IT NOW

In Justice We Trust

Got back to playing Crusader Kings II after a hiatus. My "pose as a Staroverets and assassinate them one by one" approach is of questionable effectiveness. Priority goes to the ones I know to be actively seeking to subvert my character's authority, but I can't tell if I've been able to have any impact. Not every Staroverets is part of the secret cult, after all, so it's possible the cult is much smaller despite there being no clear decrease in the overall number of Starovertsy.

On a different note, one of the recent patches included "Great Works." This includes fancy cathedrals, fortresses, palaces, lighthouses, harbors, and the like. They take a very long time to build and cost loads of money. As a result, the character who starts any of these projects is unlikely to be alive when they're finished. Guess it's a good thing I left off when I did; I have enough time to actually build some of those things now. Had I kept going earlier, the patch would have come when it was too late in-game for me to build any great works.
I'll always love you, Max.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Played through the first two cases of the Switch AA trilogy port. It’s...remarkably solid, actually. The HD sprites work better on a big screen than the 3DS, as it gives the game almost a painted on/comic book artstyle, which works better than the 3DS trying to emulate them more as sprites. The new UI looks snazzy too. Music is still clearly behind in terms of sound quality though.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
Played through the first two cases of the Switch AA trilogy port. It’s...remarkably solid, actually. The HD sprites work better on a big screen than the 3DS, as it gives the game almost a painted on/comic book artstyle, which works better than the 3DS trying to emulate them more as sprites. The new UI looks snazzy too. Music is still clearly behind in terms of sound quality though.

Ah I'd somehow got it in my head that this new trilogy re-release was done with 3D models.

I wonder how much benefit the series gets from repeatedly flogging prettier ports.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Ah I'd somehow got it in my head that this new trilogy re-release was done with 3D models.

I wonder how much benefit the series gets from repeatedly flogging prettier ports.

Given that it’s now on every current gen console, I can’t see this doing anything but benefiting the franchise. Lots more people will be buying it hopefully.

I've felt worse.

I finally caught up with FFXIV and since I'm too lazy to do a proper write-up on Stormblood as a whole, I'll just list the most memorable parts.
Spoiler:
Raubahn (Savage)
Meeting Yugiri's parents and they're just there. Not dead, not captured, not evil, just... there.
Everyone either delighting or groaning at the lvl 63 dungeon gear.
That part of the Susano fight.
Dark Knight quests continue to be the best quests.
4.0 final boss during the first week and realizing that some people made it this far without learning that the big circle means stack.
Omega raids were pretty cool.
The alchemist questline had you synthesizing luminol and it was slightly less time consuming than actually synthesizing luminol.
People failing basic math.
"The time has come and so have I." -Yojimbo
The FFXV crossover event where Noctis continues to have more chemistry with people who aren't named Lunafreya than he does with Lunafreya.
SOLO BAHAMUT
Also I changed my character to a woman and the max height was three inches below their original height just let me be be a somewhat taller catgirl dang it.

Overall good, though I liked Heavensward more. Shadowbringers looks cool, but I don't think I'm going to stick around for that.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

What's a Court Records?

I just started playing Earthbound for the first time.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
I finally caught up with FFXIV and since I'm too lazy to do a proper write-up on Stormblood as a whole, I'll just list the most memorable parts.
Spoiler:
Raubahn (Savage)
Meeting Yugiri's parents and they're just there. Not dead, not captured, not evil, just... there.
Everyone either delighting or groaning at the lvl 63 dungeon gear.
That part of the Susano fight.
Dark Knight quests continue to be the best quests.
4.0 final boss during the first week and realizing that some people made it this far without learning that the big circle means stack.
Omega raids were pretty cool.
The alchemist questline had you synthesizing luminol and it was slightly less time consuming than actually synthesizing luminol.
People failing basic math.
"The time has come and so have I." -Yojimbo
The FFXV crossover event where Noctis continues to have more chemistry with people who aren't named Lunafreya than he does with Lunafreya.
SOLO BAHAMUT
Also I changed my character to a woman and the max height was three inches below their original height just let me be be a somewhat taller catgirl dang it.

Overall good, though I liked Heavensward more. Shadowbringers looks cool, but I don't think I'm going to stick around for that.

Come now man no love for Gosetsu?

What about the awesome big battle of the Khans on the Azim Steppe that was great right?

I agree that Heavensward was the best but I got a good kick out of Stormblood. I was so frustrated at first that despite being the "Monk" Expansion, Monks were actually getting nerfed but I've made Peace with it. I like Gostesu, Lyse, Hien, Raubahn, all the main players are pretty great but I think the story overall is a little weaker than Heavensward.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm currently playing a number of games, but the one in my hands at the moment is Pokemon Ultra Moon. I'm breeding for one perfect Adamant Tyranitar and one perfect Jolly Tyranitar.
One thing that kind of makes me exhale from my nose, but also shake my head is the girl in front of the Ranch. Her sister runs this Ranch apparently yet when she hands me an egg she says "It's like a total mystery where it came from." I have two Pokemon doing the nasty in the Ranch directly behind you though! Just thought I'd share this little tidbit. I thought it was funny. I'll see myself out.

In Justice We Trust

I like to think that Pokémon, like humans, prefer not to mate in front of an audience--and/or the only humans in a position to witness them mating are also polite enough to give them some privacy.

Gettin' Old!

Or! Maybe!

They don't want to tell you because your character is like what? 10?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

A possibility, but even if they don't explicitly describe the process of producing the egg, they can at least mention that the egg contains the child of the two Pokémon. Children can understand pregnancy on some level without needing to know about sex.

10-11 is the usual age schools and parents tend to give 'the talk', but sure. I can see why a video game wouldn't do that.

Anyway I'm still playing Pokemon Ultra Moon and my boyfriend said he wanted to battle me when he gets home. I'm trying to build my team and of course I had to have my favorite in it.
Blastoise
ImageImage
Nature: Modest
EVs: Best in everything, except Atk
IVs: +252 SpAtk / split defenses
Ability: Rain Dish (changes to Mega Launcher)
Held Item: Blastoisinite
Move Set:
Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

I'm actually really excited to see how this battle will turn out. I haven't decided on other Pokemon yet but I have a couple in mind that I feel would fit nicely. :edgey:

Gettin' Old!

Hells yeah Blastoise! Best Pokémon!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 268 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station