Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 3[ 111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Danganronpa F5 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Hey, so I know I'm late and stuff, but I'd like to thank Kachu and Panda for hosting this awesome game. This post will probably be all over the place because it's past midnight here and while I should save this for later, but I'm tired of putting this off. Bear with me.

I had a lot of fun during F5 and while it wasn't perfect, it was definitely my favorite F game. It had my favorite cast as well and I loved interacting with pretty much everyone. I thought the mysteries were really good too. I did a write up on the cast which I'll include as well below:

Spoiler:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19xYs0EfVJAcvTmzyscAnpJ40Z4mDrx6TTndGFPibwlA/edit

I think my biggest problem with the game besides the length was that GM posts seem to be dropped out of nowhere with little to no warning. Maybe it was just me though. More than once I found myself in the middle of typing something only to be interrupted by a GM post which would make my post pointless. Again it was probably just me, but it did happen a few times. I'm not saying a warning in the thread would be necessary every time, but maybe just give like an hours heads up on Discord or something. That definitely would have been appreciated. Anyways I don't have too much to add that hasn't been said already, so I'd like to thank Kachu and Panda once again. I had a blast, and I can't wait for F6. Sorry I didn't get this up sooner!

And speaking of F6 I think it should be sooner, October is a really long wait. It should be July at the latest IMO.

Happy Maria

Alright, well, it's been about a day since the poll went up and I think we got all the votes we're going to get. Most people definitely seem inclined heavily towards a summer F game so I think we'll be going with that. I've discussed this with Nanjo a bit and we've both decided that the signup thread itself is going up in June, with the main thread going up in July. I think that's a decent time between games while still giving an opportunity for other games (like NG8) to be held. It's also a more convenient time for me to GM as well so I think this'll work well enough for mostly everyone involved.

Also unrelated to this post but thanks for the character ranking, Joker, I enjoyed reading it.

fella

Well, I'm definitely signing up for F6. Since it's over the summer, I have a lot more free time, so that's good for activity. Of course, this is all if I even get in.

I'm sure that SC and Nanjo will do great. Hopefully you guys have fun running it, and everyone who gets in has fun playing it.

Oh wow I actually have July free (I think) and I didn't even vote for it
So that's nicey
Also I just remembered I had a dead image planned for Althea I never used in the end. Here it is. Not the best quality but I thought it was fitting.

Happy Maria

Ayyy, nice timing then!

Also for some reason my initial reaction to that image was "Oh is that Parafarenheit's staff that she left in the jungle?" I don't think I really 'had' any dead image planned for Evelyn, though I think it would probably be quite similar to her chapter 5 avatar.

That's actually the rod of Asclepius. It's a general symbol for medicine for countries that didn't get confused and adopted the Caduceus by mistake.
I picked it because it comes from Greece just like her name, and the "No Cure" was too on the nose to ignore.

The American Dream

Late but nice dead sprites, Lone. Unown X is actually my favorite Unown (it’s either X or F, really).

ASCEND

Well then that probably means I won't join, since I have a trip in June. Maybe I'll see when the sign-up thread goes up, but the game would have to really inspire me anyway.

It's probably meant to be though. I wasn't in the other summer games anyway
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

WinterCoat wrote:
Late but nice dead sprites, Lone. Unown X is actually my favorite Unown (it’s either X or F, really).

lol thanks, although actually that one was Panda's idea.

no one even used dead avatars this game... well, me included. I just find them a bit pointless really, but no harm in having them regardless.

Planetbox wrote:
Well then that probably means I won't join, since I have a trip in June. Maybe I'll see when the sign-up thread goes up, but the game would have to really inspire me anyway.

It's probably meant to be though. I wasn't in the other summer games anyway

oh huh, true. just like how i haven't been a non-joke character in any even numbered games

ASCEND

Lone wrote:
no one even used dead avatars this game... well, me included. I just find them a bit pointless really, but no harm in having them regardless.

I was just too lazy to make one, probably cause I was busy. But I actually kinda liked the lack of dead sprites; it certainly made archiving everything a lot easier
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

I was just gonna do a piece of burnt toast but I like my current avatar and decided I’d rather have it be mine until the next game instead of burnt toast.

Lone wrote:

If Honda died I was going to make my avatar a picture of a crashed Honda Civic or something. I'm kinda sad I didn't get to do that because I thought it was pretty funny.

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
I was just gonna do a piece of burnt toast but I like my current avatar and decided I’d rather have it be mine until the next game instead of burnt toast.

Maybe you should have changed it to stale bread because bread changes over time and Kyoya did as well but also they're totally different things, you know? Just like how this game was stale to some people but when you get too much bread, you can only have so much of it. That's sort of what it is because the F games are pretty frequent and can get pretty crazy, unlike bread which is usually good but nothing really insane. In a way F5 was sort of like bread that's starting to get cold, you can eat it and still appreciate it but it's not the same as fresh bread and that's why we need to freshen it up because otherwise it'll get stale. And when bread goes bad, you usually throw it away, but the F games are different. I don't intend to put the F games in the trash, you see. So that's what F6 is there for! Either it heats up the bread again and makes it yummy and edible or it lets it go worse and then it becomes stale bread, which still isn't as bad as what F5 was. Of course, the thing with games is that they can worsen with time but hardly get 'better', like the well known Ace Attorney game Spirit of Justice.

Anyways I think that makes sense so I'll go get a new microwave to heat my bread with now before it grows stale like the F games are, and I'll also be sure to heat F6 in the microwave so that it also becomes fresh and tasty, except you can't really taste a forum game because then you'd just be biting into your tablet or something. And not the kind of tablet you take when you're having a fever or if you don't have enough Vitamin D in your system (just like several others also don't have enough of the F games in their system and want more) but the kind which you use to type on and make really lame shitposts like this. Thanks for coming to my TED talk though don't put it in the trash like you do with stale bread or F6. Actually please don't put F6 in the trash we promise we'll do our best

fella

you better do your darn best or else
uh
idk

Also, I know I said that I was interested in running BF2 over the summer, but that prooooobably won't happen. Maybe during, like, December or something, provided I get a heckin idea for a premise and whatnot. So unless someone else plans on running a BF game of their own, that likely won't be over the summer. Less games to worry about getting in the way of, I suppose.

Okay but what the fuck
Who microwaves bread???

Happy Maria

kyoya is dead, without him there is no toast

ASCEND

Oh yeah I was gonna mention this earlier but I forgot. I'm pretty confident that if anyone can breathe life into this series, it's SC and Nanjo

let's get this bread

Personally I think we should ask the sun for advice on how to move forward with these games
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

HAIL SUN HAIL SUN HAIL SUN please come back it's like 3 in the morning here

Shy guy

The endings are up! Here's a link for convenience: viewtopic.php?p=1437927#p1437927

Happy Maria

Alright, that was honestly a pretty nice read! I think I enjoyed reading all of those, so good job to everyone. Hopefully everyone enjoyed mine as well, it was certainly interesting to write.

Also I don't think I mentioned this here yet but we're also actually going to put up the F6 signups on May 23rd, so we can have a week for signups and then the entire month of June for preplanning. Mainly for efficiency purposes, hopefully nobody minds.

Now, for a special announcement from Doctor Nanjo...

Shy guy

Cutting so Nanjo is interrupted like a nerd

Last minute prediction F6 is just an r/Oldton ARG
Signature loading, please wait...

Spoiler: ???

Spoiler: Description
The quaint town of Rattlewater is nestled next to a two lane highway in the middle of nowhere. It is known for its strong sense of community and diverse populace.

Recently, in a push to stop the slumping of economic activity in the city, the mayor has started a program called the star citizen program, which advertises the accomplishments of the most talented people in the community and provides incentive for their greatness.

Behind closed doors in this seemingly peaceful town, however, are whispers of blood feuds, deep dark secrets, and full-blown conspiracies.

When a resident of the community disappears into the system of natural tunnels squirming beneath the narrow streets, Rattlewater enlists sixteen of its star citizens as first responders to go on an increasingly dire rescue mission to save them.

Spoiler: Help #1
Star citizens are people who have been recognized by the mayor for an accomplishment. The accomplishment could be extraordinary or it could be something small. Your character may be receiving city money or promotion through this program. Your character might be hesitant to go on the mission, but unfortunately they are conscripted through the program. Most characters should be 17+.

Spoiler: Help #2
Rattlewater will be important to your character’s backstory. You will be asked to come up with one event from your time in Rattlewater which dramatically affected your character and has become a part of them. They need not have lived in Rattlewater for a long time or have some huge history there, but you should be able to come up with a story that has a meaningful effect on your character and possibly (though not necessarily) a story that other player characters might have known about or been involved in.

Spoiler: Help #3
Your character has a vice, some extreme weakness in their personality or character that can be exploited. Maybe it’s their fear, maybe it’s their greed, maybe it’s some secret, but it is important to have a good idea of what their greatest weakness is.

ASCEND

Sounds kinda weird and interesting. There's also lots of stuff here that might make characters more interesting and unified. Too bad I'll most likely miss it

fella

PB's current profile pic is actually his F6 character and he's just pranking all of us

Anyway, I really like this premise. It seems interesting. I'll definitely be hard at work on my character. Here's hoping I get in. And good luck to everyone too, of course.

Happy Maria

Planetbox wrote:
Sounds kinda weird and interesting. There's also lots of stuff here that might make characters more interesting and unified. Too bad I'll most likely miss it

:(((((

In honour of PB, I'd like to play this song he made for me like two games back.

"Hello familiar faces, worn out places, tram wires cross northern skies.
I've come to ask how could this happen to me?
What have I become? A child of sacrifice, a child of war.
Wake me up inside and save me from darkness, my old friend
I will let you down. I will cut your blue heart in two.
I feel a cold one comin' on.

Makes you wanna start thinkin'
bout how you're gone but you're on my mind
Because of you the pieces of my heart are missin' you
Tomorrow is today and I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Oh, my. Goin' to the river.
Gonna take a ride and wake up when September ends.
But you didn't have to cut me off, make out like you're on borrowed time from Mr. Madness.
I just wanna scream
"Yes, we would all go down together..."

ASCEND

I would definitely be the kind of person to deny my interest in a game for two months and then sign up quietly in the background. Am I doing that this time? I dunno, guess you'll have to find out.

Also I totally forgot about that song lol. I can still recognize all the music I used in it though. Last time SC actually ended up joining in the end, huh? Man, y'all just don't know what I'm gonna do!

Happy Maria

Yeah I was actually lying there or something, I think. I'm happy I did though because now I'm here. Plus without that we wouldn't have JAMES

Also PB more like unPredictaBle.
Page 3 of 3 [ 111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus