Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Nonary Game 8 Signups (Signups Closed. Subs can join.)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

You have been kidnapped with 8 other people and forced to play a game of life and death.

Tons of puzzles to solve.

Death at every corner.

Who can you trust and who can you not trust?

Do you have what it takes to survive the... 8th Nonary Game?

Ladies and gentlemen; boys and girls! Welcome to Nonary Game 8! I'm your host, Hanzo Shimada and also the GM for this Nonary Game! Now, now, settle down! I know you're pretty excited for this, especially since I announced this on Discord.

For those who are new and others not familiar with the Nonary Games. The Nonary Games are a series of RPs based on the Zero Escape games (though no prior knowledge of the series is required). The actual structure varied from game to game, but the main plot is basically this:
Quote:
9 people find themselves trapped in a unfamiliar place and have to find a way out. Usually, the players will have to go through rooms and solve the puzzles that the rooms provides.

Now, let's talk a bit about the Nonary Game before we get to the main point.
- The characters in this Nonary Game all have pre-determined names, ages, and backstories. However, you're free to add onto your character, mainly their appearance and personality.
- Quicktopic will be used for this Nonary Game as usual.
- There will be puzzles, so try to do your best in solving them.

I know you're probably wondering "How do I get in?" and I just happened to have the answer right here! There's two tasks you need to do in order to be considered qualified for the Nonary Game.

The first task is simply the Neo-Mama. All new players and returning players should go over the Neo-Mama.

If you're new to the world of Nonary Game, please be sure to read the Neo-Mama in full.

Spoiler: Neo-Mama
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is expected ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by CR staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, QuickTopics, other player's role PM's, etc.)

Pursuing my primary victory condition takes precedence over everything else. If even the slightest chance of victory for my faction remains, I must pursue it for all I'm worth. I will always pursue the victory of myself or my faction and will not knowingly sabotage the chances of fulfilling the victory conditions of myself or my faction, including (but not limited to) assisting other players' or factions' fulfillment of their victory conditions.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the NEO-MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.

NONARY GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the NEO-MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Nonary Games
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via their private QuickTopic. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

If you're a returning player, but need a quick rundown of the Neo-Mama, there's also a tl;dr version that'll give you a quick summary of the Neo-Mama rules.

Spoiler: tl;dr Neo-Mama
1. Don’t be inactive.
2. If you have to be inactive, tell the GM.
3. Don’t be an asshole.
4. Don’t use meta needs of communicating private information like screenshots, PMs, and crap. Be sportsmanlike. It should be very clear what the spirit of these games are and there’s no point to ruining things like that.
5. Don’t be spiteful if you get a bad character, or something bad happens to your character. Don’t try to ruin things for other people. Be mindful that this is a mystery game and while you may know the answer to some of the twists, sometimes it’s best to hold onto things.
6. Spoiler alert but there are bad people in this game who will do and say bad things to characters, possibly yours. So don’t be spiteful to players either.
7. Don’t be inactive.

Already knew the Neo-Mama by heart? Great, because you only need to post and say that you're in and agreed to the Neo-Mama.

Now, for the second task... I want you to take this simple survey. The simple survey is for when I have to keep notes of who is interested in playing and who is not interested in playing.

"I finished all two tasks that you asked me to do, so what does that mean?" you might ask me... Wonderful! If you have finished all two tasks that I ask you to do, then that means you're considered qualified for the Nonary Game.

However, in the event if more than 9 people signed up and did both tasks, I'll decide who'll make the cast cut.
Didn't make the cut? Don't be disappointed! I'll put you on the list of substitute/alternates, so be ready to take on the call if someone have to drop out of the game for personal reasons.

Once you're part of the Nonary Game cast, you'll be sent your character role PM. This PM will contains your character's name, age, backstory, and abilities. You will also get a link to the Quicktopic for your character, so make sure to make good use of it.

Let's see, I think we covered everything that we need to discuss regarding the 8th Nonary Game, yes? If you have any further questions after this, feel free to ask them here, and I'll answer them.

Spoiler: Nonary Game 8 Cast
1. Southern Corn
2. Blinky
3. Cesar Zero
4. S4T4MOTO
5. Muzozavr
6. Pierre
7. Datamatt
8. Joker
9. Kachu

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Nonary Game 8 Signups (Signups Open)Topic%20Title

I'm gonna sit out to give some others a chance but good luck Hanzo and everyone else!

Happy Maria

How fascinating! I'd like to join this little game. My survey has been sent, and I agree to the NEO-MAMA. Looking forward to this!

ASCEND

Oops also sitting out, though I wish I could have played in this one. I'm definitely interested in watching it though. Good luck on your first game, Hanzo!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

I might be too busy for this, so I'll sign up as a substitute. I can fill in if there aren't enough players, but anyone specifically wanting to get into the game gets priority over me.

hi

Agreed to NEO-MAMA and sent in survey!

Gettin' Old!

I'd like in. Agree to the Neo-Mama
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I'm ready to prove I can be a succn't in these and agree to the Neo-MAMA. Also sent the survey.
Signature loading, please wait...

I'm in. I agree to the Neo-MAMA and stuff.

Okay, so obviously I've been in six of these things, so I don't really want to take the experience away from anyone. That said, maybe I'll sign up as an alternate or something because this is pretty exciting.

I agree to the NEO-MAMA.

No other way than to make this mistake.

I'm back again, I'm in and I agree to the neo-MAMA.

Two milkmen go comedy!

I'm in and I agree to the Neo-Mama

Sock

Alright alright, I'm in!
Agreed to that MAMA, yo.

Survey just sent in.

9 Houses, 9 Cats, 9 Lives

Signed up. With one small caveat (if the smartest thing to do to reach my "win condition" runs against my character's personality, I'll err on the side of the character's personality), agreed with Neo-Mama. :)

Sleeping is my life.

Alright, looks like we got all 9 players who's interested in playing. I'll make a announcement in light of this development: Signups will be closing tomorrow or Friday. Subs/alts will still be accepted.

Also, the main game will go up on Monday as scheduled. So, be prepared for that day! In between signups closing and main game being put up, I'll pick who'll make the cast cut.

ASCEND

Hey, I'm signing up as an Alternate, but I couldn't do anything until after May 17th (since that's when my AP exams end). Which should be fine, since we already have two.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

Hey, no worries, Planetbox!

So, looks like no one new is signing up for this game, so I'll be closing signups at 3PM (EDT) today. Shortly after that (might be a hour or two, but we'll see how things go), you'll get your character role PM. Once you get your PM, I'm giving you the entire tomorrow to get to know your character, come up with their personality and appearance, come up with a codename, and all that. Oh, and if you need to ask me a question, please use the private quicktopic that's included in your character PM to do that.

The game will be officially starting on Saturday, as everyone should be online (mostly, I say).

Happy Maria

Alright, glad to hear! Just as a quick side note I might be asleep at that time but even if I'm not I'll still probably only make a detailed response to the character stuff when I wake up tomorrow.

Either way, looking forward to it. Good luck to everybody else!

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Hey, no worries, Planetbox!

So, looks like no one new is signing up for this game, so I'll be closing signups at 3PM (EDT) today. Shortly after that (might be a hour or two, but we'll see how things go), you'll get your character role PM. Once you get your PM, I'm giving you the entire tomorrow to get to know your character, come up with their personality and appearance, come up with a codename, and all that. Oh, and if you need to ask me a question, please use the private quicktopic that's included in your character PM to do that.

The game will be officially starting on Saturday, as everyone should be online (mostly, I say).

gamer

Sleeping is my life.

It appears to me that there's some confusion about the time zone, so I'll clear this up. It's meant to be Eastern time, as in the US.

I apologize for the confusion that the 'EDT' may have caused.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
It appears to me that there's some confusion about the time zone, so I'll clear this up. It's meant to be Eastern time, as in the US.

I apologize for the confusion that the 'EDT' may have caused.

epic gamer moment

Sleeping is my life.

Signups are now closed.

Congratulations to those that made the NG cast!

Spoiler: Nonary Game 8 Cast
1. Southern Corn
2. Blinky
3. Cesar Zero
4. S4T4MOTO
5. Muzozavr
6. Pierre
7. Datamatt
8. Joker
9. Kachu

Spoiler: Substitute/Alternates
1. Doctor Nanjo
2. KamiPanda
3. Planetbox

I'll post the Nonary Game 8 cast on the main post shortly.
Re: Nonary Game 8 Signups (Signups Closed. Subs can join.)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Not exactly unexpected but still nice! Excited to see how some of the newcomers perform in these especially.

Sock

Yeah me too, this is going to be pretty exciting.

Nice! Can't wait to see what sort of cast we have this time around.
Signature loading, please wait...

ASCEND

What they said

Just another day.

Grats to those in, decided to not to join myself. hope it turns out well and also exited to see the cast as well. gl on the game hanzo.

Sleeping is my life.

Everyone should have received their Role PMs by now. I'll give you the entire day tomorrow to prepare for the Nonary Game, which will be starting on Saturday.

Sleeping is my life.

The game has begun...

Okay, after some chat with some of you: I decided to grants you all the link to the general chat for NG8.

Here's the link to the general NG8 chat QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/PAU4zg5BTHR
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus