Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 16 of 18[ 684 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (Final Discussion Phase)Topic%20Title

Kachu wrote:
"And doing this would totally make it alllll better, right?"

Pitch shakes his head. "I may not be good, but you sure as hell ain't better, old man. I didn't go rob that bank to make a bunch of people suffer. This? You did all this to make everyone here go through some serious fuckin' shit."

"Don't you dare pretend you know why we did this!" Fiona snapped. "Is causing 4 deaths and ruining the lives of many other people for...what? Money? Are you saying that's better? We had an actual purpose here! You and that other dirtbag shot people you didn't even know and didn't care about slamming a door onto a pregnant woman on your way out...you're the one that dragged me, Jesse, and everyone else into this!"

She looked away, as all the others questioned her. "J-Jesse didn't promise me anything beyond what you already know...he just showed me a way I could have revenge on those that made me lose everything. I had finally found another purpose in life." She looked towards Sin. "So go ahead, Pierre. Do whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that he started all this-" She pointed towards Nigel. "No matter what you do, the truth is we'll never compare to scum like him!"
Signature loading, please wait...

9 Houses, 9 Cats, 9 Lives

As angry as Clyde was, a part of him felt compelled to try and reach Fiona one last time. Even to himself, Clyde wouldn't be able to explain why.

Jesse was clearly beyond convincing, having set all this up in the first place with such shocking, mocking cruelty, but Fiona... even as Jesse's assistant, she might not be entirely beyond reach just yet.

He spoke as softly as he possibly could in these circumstances.

"Please... be honest. Not for me, but for yourself. I want you to answer one question. Just one."

"Do you think Ethan would approve?"

Sock

Cesar Zero wrote:
Kachu wrote:
"And doing this would totally make it alllll better, right?"

Pitch shakes his head. "I may not be good, but you sure as hell ain't better, old man. I didn't go rob that bank to make a bunch of people suffer. This? You did all this to make everyone here go through some serious fuckin' shit."

"Don't you dare pretend you know why we did this!" Fiona snapped. "Is causing 4 deaths and ruining the lives of many other people for...what? Money? Are you saying that's better? We had an actual purpose here! You and that other dirtbag shot people you didn't even know and didn't care about slamming a door onto a pregnant woman on your way out...you're the one that dragged me, Jesse, and everyone else into this!"

She looked away, as all the others questioned her. "J-Jesse didn't promise me anything beyond what you already know...he just showed me a way I could have revenge on those that made me lose everything. I had finally found another purpose in life." She looked towards Sin. "So go ahead, Pierre. Do whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that he started all this-" She pointed towards Nigel. "No matter what you do, the truth is we'll never compare to scum like him!"

Nigel breaks into laughter.

"No. This? This whole fuckin' game? I didn't drag anyone into this. You did. Jesse did. You actively wanted to put innocent people through this. Jesse put Sin's son in a bloody incinerator. Did I do that? No. I sure as hell didn't."

"You lunatics don't seem to get it. And if this stupid fuckin' scarf wasn't holding me back, I'd punch your teeth in, penalty be damned."

Sleeping is my life.

"Yeah... Fiona's right. Nigel's the one who started the whole mess." Jesse said after he managed to collect himself.

Turning to look at Sin. "Tch... Not even a 'thank you' from Detective Pierre Gray? How disappointing..." Jesse said, a slight hint of shock in his voice. "You have been looking for the bank robbers for 5 fucking years... And all we did was bring you closer to them so you can arrest them and put them behind bars. With one of the bank robbers dead, we made the job much easier for you. And this is what we get? Not even a single 'thank you'?"

Then Jesse turns to look at Peri. "You're damn right that I was angry when I lost my wife! I was so distracted by the thought that I didn't even bother to take care of my daughter..." Jesse said, as he sighed. There was a tear in one of his eyes, which he wiped away with the sweater sleeve. "Lily.... I failed my duties as a dad to her... I have been meaning to look for someone to take in my daughter and raise her as their own, but considering the state of the world as it is right now.... Is there even a goddamn person who will be able to take care of my daughter?!"

"Lily.... She would never look at me the same way if... If she knew what I have done." Jesse added on before he turns towards Blaze.

"Are you stupid, Darren? We already talked about this at the beginning of the game! Before you all can escape the game, we have to do the final vote. We gotten decide who'll die." Jesse said as he puts a hand onto his face. Clearly, a facepalm.

"Nigel... remember I called you a monster back then? I think I stand corrected. Not because I hate you any less, of course... it's because, at that point, I hadn't met REAL monsters yet."

"Yes, you gave Pierre information. Great. Excellent. Good job. How does this justify endangering his son for no apparent reason? How does this justify kidnapping people like me and my mom, random bystanders who had never done anything to you? And look at Fiona! She could have lived a normal life, even after all this. You roped her in. You tried your damnedest to make her the same as you."

"I trust you went through a lot, a lot of pain, but when you say that's the only reason you're doing this? I get that you mean it, but... I'm not buying it. You've enjoyed the process far too much for that to be the case, Jesse "How Shocking" Reyes."

Fiona ignored Nigel, looking shocked after Clyde's question. "H-he..." Fiona looked down, fighting back tears. "He always wanted what's best for people. E-Ethan would never want to hurt anyone..."

She shook her head. "B-but he'd always try to protect innocent people at any cost! Diego Hernandez...Harmony's abusive father...anyone that has been harmed got what was coming to them, after putting innocent people at risk. S-so, Ethan..." Her voice was starting to crack.

"...does it even matter at this point? I-it's over...all of you will give your judgement in the final vote. I can't regret or look back on anything at this point..."

hi

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Then Jesse turns to look at Peri. "You're damn right that I was angry when I lost my wife! I was so distracted by the thought that I didn't even bother to take care of my daughter..." Jesse said, as he sighed. There was a tear in one of his eyes, which he wiped away with the sweater sleeve. "Lily.... I failed my duties as a dad to her... I have been meaning to look for someone to take in my daughter and raise her as their own, but considering the state of the world as it is right now.... Is there even a goddamn person who will be able to take care of my daughter?!"

"Lily.... She would never look at me the same way if... If she knew what I have done." Jesse added on before he turns towards Blaze.

"But you easily could have cared for her. If you weren't so focused on getting revenge, you could have moved on and lived out a normal life with Lily. But all you wanted was petty vengeance, and you endangered real innocent people to do so."

The gears in Clyde's brain have shifted rapidly when Fiona said "final vote". He now looked rather horrified.

"Uh... wait a minute, you don't mean... is that what the vote's gonna be about? Ah... oh no... no way..."

Sock

“...Great. Fuckin’ great.”

Pitch sighs. “Can’t we just skip to the point where you all vote for me to die so I can get out of this fuckin’ mess? Nobody’s gonna get through to these idiots anyways.”

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Yeah... Fiona's right. Nigel's the one who started the whole mess." Jesse said after he managed to collect himself.

Turning to look at Sin. "Tch... Not even a 'thank you' from Detective Pierre Gray? How disappointing..." Jesse said, a slight hint of shock in his voice. "You have been looking for the bank robbers for 5 fucking years... And all we did was bring you closer to them so you can arrest them and put them behind bars. With one of the bank robbers dead, we made the job much easier for you. And this is what we get? Not even a single 'thank you'?"

"If you wanted a thanks you should have told me or the police!" Pierre yelled. "The only thing you're going to get from me now is my foot up your god damn ass! No way in hell am I going to thank you!"

"Uh... Nigel? Even if any of us wanted to kill you, it might not be quite that simple... have you heard what Fiona said? "All of us will pronounce our judgement in the final vote"... or something like that. Neither Jesse nor Fiona have explained the mechanics just yet, but I feel like this vote is intended to be our way of judging them. Leave our kidnappers alive... or not. I... think it might be that. I'm not sure. I only know this vote sounds real scary, whatever it is..."

Dee shuddered.

"Regardless of who it's directed against... a vote for who dies and who lives feels like such a terrifying action. I hate this already..."

Sock

Muzozavr wrote:
"Uh... Nigel? Even if any of us wanted to kill you, it might not be quite that simple... have you heard what Fiona said? "All of us will pronounce our judgement in the final vote"... or something like that. Neither Jesse nor Fiona have explained the mechanics just yet, but I feel like this vote is intended to be our way of judging them. Leave our kidnappers alive... or not. I... think it might be that. I'm not sure. I only know this vote sounds real scary, whatever it is..."

Dee shuddered.

"Regardless of who it's directed against... a vote for who dies and who lives feels like such a terrifying action. I hate this already..."

“Sure hope you’re right about that, kid. Otherwise I might as well get by goodbyes out now...”

“Not like any of the other players are more up for it than me, eh?” Nigel let’s out a weak laugh.

Sleeping is my life.

Jesse listened to what Peri said. He was quiet for a moment and then...... "No." Jesse said firmly. "It's too late to save me. I'm beyond redemption."

Hearing Sin's outburst, Jesse sighed... "If you want to treat me like a criminal.... So be it." He said firmly.

He looks towards Dee. "That's right, Clyde..." He said as he gestured towards the podiums. "The podiums are where we'll do the final vote."

Happy Maria

"Y-you... you still haven't explained yourselves..." Theresa clenched her fists in anger. "You keep b-blabbering about getting revenge on the robbers... like a-any of us even give a damn about that at this point. You still keep avoiding the obvious point, though. You still haven't justified w-why the hell we should've been here in the first place. M-me, Harmony, Clyde, his mother, Logan, Pierre... I-I don't care what the hell happened that day, this was horrifying for all of us! Y-you know we were actually starting to move on from all that crap?!" She suddenly shouted. "I-I was starting to get used to normalcy again, I was trying to see other people even despite my stutter! A-and it's the same for everyone else here, I'm sure... B-but you two? You were stuck in the past. Still are now. Nigel may have killed your loved ones, but you sure as hell are even worse! Y-you endangered not just us, but our own friends and families! You think this is going to bring your loved ones back?! Does this satisfaction you're having seeing all of us suffer make up for how twisted you both are?! You're both scumbags, plain and simple!" She seethed in her anger for a few moments before continuing.

"...My ex, Ronnie. I thought he was a pathetic excuse for a human being too. But you know what, at least he admits his mistakes. He knows he's screwed up, and willing to move on from it. You two are just... stuck in your own messed up world, trying to justify all the horrifying things you've done. There's no redemption for you here."

Gettin' Old!

Blaze looked down at the journal in his hands "Way I see it, you've done far worse than whatever Pitch did back then. Pitch killed people, traumatised children before getting his own life ruined."

He looked up at Zero and his associate "But in what you are doing now you are going to force a child to kill someone. That seems a greater way to rob a child of innocence to me." He gestured towards Dee. "So please Zero, Fiona, if you've got any compassion left, don't force Clyde to do this vote. Leave this one to the adults and let him go free."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

"Hmph, do you really want to know why you're here, Theresa?" Jesse asked, raising an eyebrow at her. "Well, simply put, you guys were forced to face the source of all the problems you all have. Your stutter... Clyde's nightmares... Pierre's arguments with his wife... Logan's injury... Dammit, if that doesn't answer your question, then I don't give a fuck about what could be the actual answer!"

"Speaking of which..." Jesse said as he pulls out a small electronic tablet from his pocket and checked it briefly. "As I kept my promise, the Redemption Room survivors are now outside the building."

Jesse tapped on the tablet a few times until... A flat-screen TV lowered out of the ceiling and positioned itself above everyone's heads. The TV turns on and it seems to be displaying a live security feed. The feed shows that the Redemption Room survivors are standing outside a building. Presumably, the building is where the Nonary Game is being held in. However... The Redemption Room survivors have the look of confusion on their faces. It's almost as if... They have no idea where they are.

"It should be clear to you all, but I'll clarify what's up with the feed. You see... The building where the Nonary Game is being held in... It's in a deserted area and the nearest town is several miles away. I brought the building in the deserted area. It was the perfect place as no one would even know that I'm holding a Nonary Game in this area as the place have been deserted for a while. No one would even think about looking here." Jesse explained with a smug look on his face. The TV turns off and raised back up into the ceiling. Jesse then puts the tablet away in his pockets.

He stares at Blaze as the burly man requested that they should leave Dee out of the final vote. "No." Jesse said, as he ran a hand through his hair. "Let Clyde decide for himself."

Two milkmen go comedy!

"You are a sick fuck Jesse" Logan said
"If you still have a bit of humanity left in you,you should let us escape.Do not sin even more,nobody need to die anymore.Even if it hurts me to say it,not even Pitch.He will just go to prison and nobody will hear of him anymore.Both of you,Jesse and Fiona,can still make the right choice."
Logan turns to Fiona
"Do you really think Ethan would've wanted any of this to happen? If he was here, he would say " Forget the past,just move forward". He wouldn't want you to avenge him."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"You still haven't explained why the fuck I'm here, jesus fuck! Why'd you even bring my family into this?!" At this point, it's more annoyance than anything. Virgo clenches her fists, "I'm going to fucking kill you with my own hands if you somehow get out of here."

Gettin' Old!

"Logan's right Fiona." Darren said reaching into his pockets and pulling out a photograph.

It showed a happy couple getting Ice Cream. Fiona was smiling in the photo.

"Jesse might not have compassion but think about it. Ethan wouldn't have wanted you to traumatise people any more than you have been right now."

With an elegant flick of his wrist the photograph shot across the room lodging itself squarely in Zero's skull landing right in front of Fiona.

"Ethan wouldn't want this, you said it yourself."

Blaze crossed his arms glaring intensely at Zero
"You ain't entirely devoid of compassion, you both gave me a chance to clear my name here. I doubt you truly want a kid like Clyde to become a murderer."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"Oh, is that it? So you held this horrible game of death all along just so I could cure my stutter? Gee, that's so nice, I almost feel bad for calling you out for being a twisted piece of crap", Theresa muttered sardonically. "Anyway, is there even any point to all this now? You just told us we're in the middle of the desert. If we manage to escape from this building, how on earth are we even going to make our way back to civilisation? Is... is there a reason we should care? Not just us, all the people we managed to save... this just feels futile at this point."

hi

"Clyde, don't do it." Peri firmly said, placing herself between him and the podium. "I won't let you do this, Zero. I've spent the past five years since that bank robbery trying to get our life back to normal, and your game just ruined all of that. Please, don't go any further."

Sleeping is my life.

"........... That's it?" Jesse said in response to everyone regarding Dee. "At the beginning of the game, you guys valued your freedom, but now.... all you cared about was Clyde's innocence...? How pathetic."

Looking towards Virgo. "Well, Harmony, if you really want to know why you and your family were dragged into this... Let's say that my assistant and I found some rather disturbing information about your stepfather, information that you didn't know about. It seems he didn't want anyone to find out about his violent behavior, so he was trying to track you down. Once he found you, he would drag you back so he would execute you by shooting a bullet into your head. Then he would do the same to your mother and sister, before he kill himself. Basically, a murder-suicide. When I realized this is serious..." Jesse said as he crossed his arms. "I knew that I have to take action and prevent that from happening. Hence why I gave you the chance to save your family from your abusive stepfather."

"Of course, I could have gone to the police with this information, but... Doing so could endangers the wellbeing of your sister and mother. That's why I kidnapped them to ensure that doesn't happen." Jesse added on.

hi

"Of course we want to escape." Peri said. "But if you think for one second that I prioritize my safety over my son's mental well-being, then you clearly don't understand parenthood."

Happy Maria

"If you can't understand basic human empathy, then maybe you're the pathetic one here", Theresa spat. "What would you have done if Lily were here? Would you really have let her play this twisted game? Would you have forced her to kill another human being like that?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Don't ever bring up my daughter!" Jesse snaps at Theresa. "I would never let my daughter do anything like that! She's only 10! All what I wanted for her is to live a normal life... I didn't want her involved in any of this, hence why I placed her in my mother's care."

Happy Maria

"So you just wanted her to live a normal life, hmm?" Theresa sternly crossed her arms. "Then maybe you understand how Peri feels now, huh?"

Gettin' Old!

"I wouldn't really call it a 'normal' life for her Psi. Lily's mother is a murderer and a psychopath who'll soon be in jail. She'll notice the absence of her father and wonder why you did these things."

Darren pointed an accusing finger at Zero "And don't think for a minute I buy that excuse about Harmony's family. Or what? I suppose Pierre's family was secretly plotting against him as well?" Darren shook his head with disgust "You're just twisting the facts to justify your sick crimes."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Jesse stared at Darren, completely shocked by his claims. "Are you being ignorant, Darren?! Didn't you hear what Pierre said about my wife?!" He objected, clearly infuriated. "My wife, Cassidey is DEAD!"

Jesse looks away and mumbled something to himself. Then he looks at Darren again. "You really need to stop trying to twist information around until they're nothing more than just lies. You're making yourself look bad to the others."

Gettin' Old!

Darren raised a finger to object before realising what he said was a bunch of nonsense but the anger didn't leave him so be pointed at Zero and yelled "I'm sorry! I definitely meant to say father there and not mother! You, YOU are the murderer I was talking about! I wasn't trying to twist the truth!" He barked his face flush with a mixture of anger and embarrassment.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Looking towards Virgo. "Well, Harmony, if you really want to know why you and your family were dragged into this... Let's say that my assistant and I found some rather disturbing information about your stepfather, information that you didn't know about. It seems he didn't want anyone to find out about his violent behavior, so he was trying to track you down. Once he found you, he would drag you back so he would execute you by shooting a bullet into your head. Then he would do the same to your mother and sister, before he kill himself. Basically, a murder-suicide. When I realized this is serious..." Jesse said as he crossed his arms. "I knew that I have to take action and prevent that from happening. Hence why I gave you the chance to save your family from your abusive stepfather."

Harmony seems taken aback enough to not speak again. She opens her mouth to say something, but quickly closes it and just turns the other way, frowning.

Fiona had been quietly looking at the photo in her hands, apparently not paying much attention to everyone else. "...we should just move on to the final vote." She said, without bothering to look anywhere else. "There's nothing else we can do at this point, trying to draw this out won't do anyone any good." She proceeded to walk towards one of the podiums, apparently not intent on listening to anyone else.

Sleeping is my life.

"Indeed, Fiona is right. Talking won't get you closer to your freedom, after all. So, once everyone have taken a podium, I'll explain what the final vote is and how to do the final vote." Jesse simply said, standing near the podium that was the closest to him.

Happy Maria

"...Is there even a point to this?" Theresa sighed. "I guess we won't know what the rules are till we find out, though, so..." She shook her head, begrudgingly taking a nearby podium.

Gettin' Old!

Darren shook his head with resignation and disappointment at Fiona. "If that's how you are gonna make this...let's just get out of here." He moved towards his podium.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Clyde apologetically looks at his mother.

"... I'll be holding up not just you, but everyone if I stay here. I'm sorry."

After saying that, Clyde slowly walks up to one of the podiums. When this short journey ends, he looks as weary as if he just walked a hundred miles without rest.

Harmony quietly moves to her podium and sighs, staring at the ground.

hi

Peri watched as everyone moved to the podiums, before quietly moving to one herself. She took the one next to Clyde, taking his hand and giving him a squeeze of encouragement.
Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (FINAL VOTE)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

Once everyone have taken a podium for their use, they looks towards Jesse for further instructions.

"I see, so everyone have chosen a podium, so please make sure you're standing right on top of the metal platform." Jesse simply said. The players reluctantly step onto the metal platforms, making sure they're right on top of it.... Then suddenly, metal restraints springs out from within the platforms. Before anyone can react, the metal restraints latched onto their legs, preventing them from moving. The players, barring Fiona, started struggling in an attempt to break free of the restraints.

"Don't even bother to try to break free of the restraints." Jesse said with a sigh. "The restraints are made of the most durable metal that I could afford. So durable that even Darren can't break them."

Jesse walked over to where Nigel is and then untied the scarf from his arms. Nigel and Jesse exchanged glares at each others before Jesse then walked over to Theresa. There, he wrapped the scarf around Theresa's neck. "The scarf looks much better wrapped around your neck than they are wrapped around Nigel's arms." Jesse commented.

Then he walked back to the available podium, one that was near the leather swivel chair. Then he stepped onto the platform, making sure that he's right on top of the platform. Then metal restraints spring out from the platform and latched onto his legs. Jesse seems unfazed by all.

"Right. Welcome to the Final Vote, players. You're all at your podiums, so please take a look at what's displayed on the electronic screen on your podium please." Jesse began talking. The players looks at the screens. They turn on, and is displaying something. They looked and find that it's a list of names. 9 names, and their names wasn't on the list.

"Let me go over what the Final Vote is and the rules for this." Jesse said as he listed out the rules.

Final Vote Rules
1. The vote value displayed on your bracelet is how much your vote will be worth. This is your final vote value worth.
2. Vote for the person that you think deserves to die.
3. If you don't vote for anyone, your vote will defaults only to yourself.
4. Due to some of you getting your hands on a vote value booster or having just killed someone, it's impossible to ensure everyone can make it out alive and well. (i.e. Person A vote for Person B, Person B votes for Person C... Person K vote for Person A.)
5. The person with the most votes will be executed by electrocution.

The players paled at the 5th rule. This would imply... death. They knew it, this was what the Final Vote was all about after all.

"Now, for a refresher of what everyone's vote value worth are..." Jesse said as he puts out the tablet from his pockets and then tapped away at it. The TV lowered out of the ceiling and positioned right above Jesse. The TV turns on and it seems to be displaying something.

Quote:
1. Nigel Rodgers: .5
2. Fiona Buckley: 1.5
3. Theresa Jackson: 1
4. Clyde O'Malley: 1.5
5. Logan Sullivan: 1
6. Harmony Newman: 1
7. Pierre Gray: 1
8. Sylvia O'Malley: 1
9. Darren Emmott: 1.5
10. Jesse Reyes: 1

The players shot angry glares over at Fiona. It seems like she got her hands on a vote value booster and decided to conceals it. They didn't know that until now. And then they were surprised to see that Jesse is actually voting.

"Of course, I'd miss out the fun of seeing someone get executed if I don't vote, right?" Jesse simply said, as he puts away the tablet in his pockets. Then he pulled on the left sweater sleeve and shown the players his left wrist. Just like everyone, he have a number bracelet on the left wrist. The number displayed on his bracelet is..... [0].

"Now, since I'm the mastermind behind this game, so I'll cast my vote now." Jesse said as he tapped on his podium's electronic screen, officially casted his vote. "And done. I put in my vote. Now, players, it's your turn to cast your votes. Decide who will die."

The players looks at each other nervously. This was it. The end of the Nonary Game. They started thinking about who to vote for.

((This is the FINAL VOTE. As such, your final vote must be privately posted in your QT.))

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Wed May 22, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Maria

"R-really? S-so we actually have to kill someone?" Theresa shuddered. "This is... this is just messed up. We obviously can't kill Clyde here, so let's be careful... I don't want to hurt any of you guys, though. Not even Fiona... or Nigel, or even Zero. I... I don't want to do this... This isn't fair..."

Sleeping is my life.

"There's one more thing that I should mention, as I failed to mention it when I went over the Final Vote rules." Jesse explained. "In the event of a tie, both people would be executed."
Page 16 of 18 [ 684 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus