Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 17 of 18[ 684 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (FINAL VOTE)Topic%20Title

9 Houses, 9 Cats, 9 Lives

"... I was really hoping "No One" is an option. An actual, proper option..."

Shaking all over, Clyde looks at his vote value. 1.5. His vote is worth more than most others now. Remembering how absentmindedly he used the Vote Value booster earlier on, not really remembering what the final vote would be about, Clyde gave Jesse a look full of anger.

"Now I understand your real reasons for pulling what you did with Harmony's family. Same reason as with Nigel's redemption room, same reason as with the boosters, you wanted to create a bigger mess with the vote values. You've done it. You've really done it. We have eleven votes total. Sum it up. No way to split it equally among ten people, indeed. You're right. You're absolutely right. One step ahead of anyone trying to figure out a way for everyone here to survive. It'd be incredibly unlikely for all of our half-votes to just magically add up properly, right?! And now we have to. Theresa's right, I don't want anyone to die here, either!!"

Clyde didn't look well at all. The very idea of crossing a line like this made him feel ill. He looked at Jesse one last time, then turned back to the screen. What he said next came out only as a hoarse whisper.

"... be careful what you wish for..."

Gettin' Old!

"It wouldn't even matter Clyde." Darren called out to him. "In ties multiple people died, if we split the votes it'd just kill all of us. Besides...with Jesse and Fiona in alignment there's little chance they wouldn't pile their votes on one person to get them killed." His eyes flickered across to Pitch

There was a loud slam as Darren railed against his restraints before slamming his fist against the console in frustration "Damnit..." He trembled and hung his head, his voice on the edge of tears "After everything I've been through, this is just going to make me a murderer anyway..." He uttered quietly under his breath.

Taking a deep breath to compose himself Darren straightened up and looked across to Pierre. "I don't really know the law here Pierre. Where do we stand if we are forced to kill someone here? I don't want to go back to Jail."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Fiona looked at her podium's screen, her face not showing any emotion at this point. After a while, she
she tapped the screen, casting her vote. "This is almost over..." She muttered, then just looked down while waiting for the others to vote.
Signature loading, please wait...

Sock

Nigel flexes what little freedom he has now that his arms aren't tied with the scarf. It's not much, but it's enough to crack a small smile.

"Yeah, believe it or not, I don't really wanna do this shit myself either."

"...But if I had to vote for someone, with my fuckin' 0.5 value... Well, don't think anyone would be surprised who it'd be for."

hi

"I wish I could say I can't believe this, but after everything that's happened it feels only inevitable." Sylvia looked down at the podium. "...Pierre, I'd like an answer to Darren's question as well. Before the rest of us vote, we should at least know."

Clyde was no longer speaking. He was covering his face with both of his hands, as if not wanting to see whatever happens next.

He was already shivering all over, but Darren's question seemed to startle him. His shivering became worse.

hi

Futily attempting to comfort her son again, Sylvia wrapped an arm around him and gently rubbed his back, murmuring soothing sounds in a quiet voice.

Happy Maria

"Well... regardless of how the law works here, I think I've made up my mind", Theresa spoke up. "I think it's really only evident there's one real choice for all of us here, especially if we don't want anyone dead... So, I'll just go for it." She silently inputted her own vote.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"What the fuck's it matter now, I'll just go with it." Harmony lets out a sigh and puts her vote in.

"... I... I did it, too... like Theresa said..."

Clyde's voice was weak and hollow. Even Sylvia's attempts to comfort him weren't bringing him much cheer, though he wasn't shaking as much.

hi

"...Alright then." Peri carefully input her vote. She continued trying to console her son, barely bothering to hide the fear on her face.

“I can’t say I’ve ever dealt with a situation like this, but I can’t imagine we’ll all be jailed for this.” Pierre said. “I’ll explain the situation to police once we get out of here. Worst comes to worst we’ll just have to deal with a lot of questioning. But we can worry about this later, there are more pressing matters we have to deal with now.”

Pierre takes a deep breath and places his vote.

Gettin' Old!

Darren nodded grimly "I can't say I share the same trauma as you but it still seems like there is one clear person who deserves this more than anyone else."

He looked down to his console and with shaking hands entered his vote.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Two milkmen go comedy!

"I don't want to be responsible for anyone death but.... We really don't have a choice...We must vote" Logan nodded
Logan took a deep breath and entered his vote.
Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (FREEDOM)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

As the players have casted their votes. Jesse grinned before he said, "Alright, so it seems like everyone have casted their votes. Now, let's see who got the most votes."

Quote:
1. Nigel Rodgers: 5.5
2. Fiona Buckley: 0
3. Theresa Jackson: 1
4. Clyde O'Malley: 0
5. Logan Sullivan: 0
6. Harmony Newman: 0
7. Pierre Gray: 0
8. Syliva O'Malley: 1
9. Darren Emmott: 0
10. Jesse Reyes: 5.5

The players stared at the screen, completely shocked at the results. There were.... two extra votes. Did Jesse... rigged the vote value system? But, the players will never get the answer to that questions as two screams can be heard; the screams of Jesse Reyes and Nigel Rodgers.

Both men spasm out in a horrific way as a huge current of deadly electricity went through their bodies. It happened in mere minutes and then... Both Jesse and Nigel slumped onto their podiums, dead from the fatal electrocution. The metal restraints disengages and reeled back into the metal platform. There was the sound of the door unlocking. Sylvia quickly rush over to Clyde's side.

"Don't open your eyes until I say so, Clyde." Sylvia said. Clyde nodded, understanding what Sylvia asked him to do. She lead him over to the door. Sylvia looks back to the players. "We'll meet you outside." She said before she opened the door. Sunlight poured through the door the moment the door is opened. Then Sylvia and Clyde both stepped out into the outside world.

The players took a moment to observes the lifeless bodies of both Jesse Reyes and Nigel Rodgers.

Jesse Reyes.... He was a senior computer programmer who works at a company that make apps. He was going to be a father of two children, but then the bank robbery happened. And now all he was left with was his daughter, Lily. As a result of this, Jesse became the Zero that everyone have known the entire Nonary Game. And with him dead, Lily Reyes have no living parents left and is currently living with Jesse's mother.

Nigel Rodgers.... In the time that they have spent with him in the Nonary Game, they have known that he was a criminal. He was one of the two bank robbers responsible for the New Leaf Bank robbery. Nigel's buddy and partner-in-crime, Diego Hernandez was the other bank robber. Nigel was forced to kill Diego as part of his Redemption Room trial, which was rigged by Jesse Reyes. The players knew that Nigel will never get to spend time behind bars for the bank robbery that he committed.

"Dammit, why did this have to happen?!" Pierre yelled out in anger. He was looking forward to putting Nigel away behind bars, and now with Nigel dead.....

Not wanting to look at the bodies any further, the players quickly filed out through the door that both Sylvia and Clyde went through. They were almost blinded by the bright sunlight. As the players took a look around them....

"Oh, you got to be kidding me." Harmony said, surprised by what she saw. Jesse was right; they're standing in the middle of a deserted area. As they stood there confused by where they are.... There was the sound of something simultaneously falling to the ground. The players looks down and realized what the source of the sound is.... Their bracelets. It seems that the bracelets have disengaged and have fallen off everyone's left wrists. If the bracelets were no longer on their left wrists.... then that must mean that they're free.

"Dad!" The boy yelled as he ran up to Pierre to hug him. The ash-brown haired woman soon hugged him afterwards. "Pierre! I was so worried about you!" The woman replied as she hugged Pierre once more. Then the woman examined to make sure Pierre wasn't harmed.

The two women ran up to Harmony and hugged her. "Sis! I'm so glad that you made it out alive!" The 18-years old girl said, smiling as she hugged back. "Harmony... I'm so proud of you." The older woman said.

The two men just looks at the players and then looks away, clearly not interested in talking to them.

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Thu May 23, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

"So... what just happened? The votes didn't line up?" Theresa nervously asked, still not quite feeling at ease. "I... I decided to not vote for anybody in the end, but it seems that it didn't work out... And resulted in a double death instead... What a waste." She shook her head. "If only it didn't come down to this..." She sighed. "So, uh, what do we do now? Our bracelets are off, but... I don't see an easy way out of here." She frowned, not paying attention to the other two men.

Gettin' Old!

Darren breathed deeply, his huge chest heaving as he took in the hot, welcome air. He said nothing as he looked up at the sun. "This is it I guess. A couple of miles isn't impossible but..." he rubbed his wrist happy to have the bracelet gone.

It had been so long since he had nothing strapped to his wrists.

He looked back towards the podium where the bodies were before turning his attention to Fiona "You know what happened back there? There were extra votes in the system." he glanced back across the desert.

"If you know of the way back to civilisation that'd be a great start too. You must have had some way to get here."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

hi

"It's over..." Sylvia muttered. She took a few shaky breaths, cradling her son in a tight embrace. "We're out, Clyde. We're going home. Just like I said we would."

"I told you I'd make it out!" Harmony smiles, laughing out loud. She hugs her sister, ruffling her hair. "I missed you so, so much... I'm sorry that you had to go through that without me. i'm so, so sorry, but it'll be fine now!" She closes her eyes, quite a few tears making their way down her cheeks. Doesn't seem like she cares much about the votes right now.

Clyde barely reacts to anything other than his own thoughts, not even to the bright sun of the outside. Apparently, he really didn't expect what happened.

"... there were two screams. There were two. There were two... I... voted for Jesse... I hoped that... if everyone does the same, he won't... be able to kill anyone else... how were there extra votes? I peeked at the numbers right before it happened... they don't add up... they don't add up..."

"What happened... why... was this horror show rigged from the start?!"

Clyde looked at Sylvia with the most tired eyes.

"Home, indeed. Just as you promised. Away from... all this."

Seemingly ignoring everything else, Pierre wraps his wife and son in a tight hug. "Gwen... Tyler... I'm so glad you guys are safe." He smiles.

"I guess we're still not in the clear yet, because it seems like we're in the middle of nowhere, but at least we're safe."

Fiona quietly looked at the landscape for a while after they got out, a lot of things clearly going through her mind. She then turned towards the players. It seemed like she had greatly calmed down after the vote, and her expression had returned to normal.

"...I guess I owe all of you an explanation of what happened in there." She said, in what seemed like a genuinely apologetic tone. "As you've probably figured out, the extra votes came from me and Jesse. From the beginning of the game, both of us had a vote value of 2. I had the extra .5 from the vote booster in the first round, and I guess someone else ended up voting for Nigel." She shook her head. "We did give you a chance to figure it out, with the final anagram. 'See hot vet give slim guy trades'...or, 'The vote value system is rigged.'"
Signature loading, please wait...

hi

Sylvia barely acknowledged anyone else as she squeezed her son tighter. "Zero was...not a very good person. I'm not too surprised he rigged it. It's alright, dear. Don't worry. Don't worry..."

Gettin' Old!

Darren nodded "Figured, you had all the chance to kill him, would be odd if you didn't rig this against us." he sighed shaking his head. "Now how are you going to get us out of here? You must have had a way of getting us here so you must know the way to civilisation."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

"Well, I don't know... It seems like we might have to walk all the way back to civilization." Fiona said, as she let out a sigh.

The people realized that they might have to walk. The only problem is, they have no idea where the nearest town is. The dirty blonde man looks off into the distance and then....

"I don't think that's necessary.... Look!" The dirty blonde man yelled as he pointed off into the distance. The people looks towards where the man was pointing and sure enough. There's a vehicle approaching. Have someone finally came to their rescue? The vehicle stopped as soon as it got near the people. The driver's door open, and a fair-blonde man of about 38 years old steps out of the van. The man is wearing what appears to be a white t-shirt, jeans and black sneakers. He observed the players before he unclipped a walkie-talkie from his belt and spoke into it.

"This is Alpha reporting... We got several survivors here. Bringing them in" The man said to the walkie talkie before he puts it away on his belt. Then he approached the people then he stood across from them. Then he flashed a smile, one in which the people realizes that they can trust this man.

"Don't worry, folks. You're now safe." The man said, as he crossed his arms. "I'd like it if you can please come with me. We can take you all back to civilization." He thumbed back towards the vehicle.

Happy Maria

"Oh, thank god..." Theresa sighed in relief. "We... we're finally free. I didn't ever think help would arrive..." She shook her head. "But, well, I guess we can finally go now. I... I just want to rest." Her shoulders sagged as she slowly approached the vehicle, a tired expression on her face.

Gettin' Old!

Darren looked at the newcomer "Alright...that's fine I guess. I'm sure we could have figured something out though." He gave Fiona a last look of disgust before moving towards the truck "Who are you guys anyway?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Clyde noticed the truck coming in, but he didn't even have enough energy to express some sort of joy about it. He was incredibly thankful for not having to actually walk all the way back, but this gratitude was not noticeable on the outside.

"Mom? I don't think I'm going to school tomorrow... I feel like I'll be so tired I'll just collapse in class. Actually, do I even have classes tomorrow? What day is it? I don't even know anymore..."

Overhearing Clyde, Harmony looks over to her sister and gets a big, shiteating grin on her face. "I think I might take a day off. Where do you wanna go? I want to get shitfaced after this."

hi

"Thank you, sir." Sylvia smiled at their rescuer. She looked down at her son. "That's fine. You don't have to go to school until you feel ready. You've gone through all this and you're still keeping tough. I'm really proud of you, you know?"

Sleeping is my life.

Alpha watched as Theresa walked past him towards the truck. "Of course, Ms. Jackson. You deserves a good rest after what you have gone through." Alpha replied as he watch her approach the truck. Theresa discovers that the truck is big enough to hold several people at least.

He turns towards Darren. "Who are we?" Alpha said as he raised an eyebrow at Darren. "Agent Alpha at your service. We're with SOIS, an organization dedicated to tracking and dealing with radical and dangerous terrorist groups such as those commonly known as 'Zero'. Rest assured, we're here to help."

Upon hearing Clyde ask about what today's date is, he turns towards the O'Malley family. "Ah, a good question! We have been looking for you guys for some time since you guys have been missing.... for almost a month." Alpha said as he crossed his arms and gave them a reassuring smile.

Upon hearing what Alpha said, shock appeared on everyone's faces immediately . They have been missing for almost a month? They have no idea! They were quiet as they took the time to process what Alpha said until....

"Aw, man! That would mean that I have to go to summer school to make up for the time that I didn't attend school!" Tyler winced as he kicked at the sand.

"Well, our Zero is... he's... he's dead. Died as part of his own messed-up vote. Not much left there to hunt down..."

As Tyler comically winced about having to go to summer school, somehow, that reaction started to thaw the ice around Clyde's soul just a tiny little bit.

"Heh... me too." he says to Tyler. "Me too. I do, sometimes, prepare ahead of time, but not ahead of an entire month. That's a lot of catching up to do, especially for the German lessons... yikes! I thought we were only gone for like a day or a few..."

Gettin' Old!

"Hey, don't forget her." Darren called from inside the truck pointing to Fiona "She helped Zero with all of this." He called to the man called Alpha. "And there's three dead bodies inside."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
"Hey, don't forget her." Darren called from inside the truck pointing to Fiona "She helped Zero with all of this." He called to the man called Alpha. "And there's three dead bodies inside."

"F-four, actually, but yeah", Theresa quickly added. "Still, a whole month? This is worrying... Hopefully everyone back home's not too worried about me... Oh, home sweet home..." She gulped. "Ah, I just want to go back and pretend all of this never even happened..."

hi

"Well, at least we're going home now instead of later." Sylvia said. "I'm sure we can get caught up in everything we missed once we get home."

Sleeping is my life.

"Hmmm..." Alpha thought about this when Theresa mentioned that there's 4 bodies. "We'll send some agents out here to conduct a full investigation on what transpired here. Not surprised that there's casualties here."

Looking back towards the truck where Darren called out from. "Leave Ms. Buckley to us. Please rest for now, Mr. Emmott." Alpha said as he gave him a thumb up.

"Still.... almost a month, huh?" The dirty-blonde man said. "That explains why I'm feeling like my normal self and not high on drugs."

The fedora man sighed, "So many missed opportunities to make cash off the drugs...." He said, looking disappointed. The dirty blonde man glared at the fedora man as he made his way to the truck. The fedora man shrugged as he followed behind.
Re: Nonary Game 8: Trials & Tribulations (END)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

"Alright, I believe it's time that we should get moving." Alpha said, gesturing towards the truck.

The remaining people made their way to the truck and got in. Alpha followed them and sat in the driver's seat.

"As for how we knew where you guys are...." Alpha explained as he watched the others get a seat in the rearview mirror. "We checked the GPS in a vehicle that belongs to Jesse Reyes. You probably know about the self-driving vehicles, so... We decided to investigates the last location that the vehicle have been to before it was sent home by its owner. And the last location turns out to be where you guys are currently at."

The players looks at each other as Alpha reached inside the glove compartment to grab something from there. Then he started the truck. The roar of the engine can be heard, before he pressed a button on the main console. Suddenly, white gas flowed into the truck from every air vent inside the truck. Alpha immediately puts something onto his face. The players realized what this is; a gas mask. They tried to get out, but finds that the doors are locked, preventing them from escaping.

"I'm sorry, folks. I'd hate to do this but..." Alpha said, his voice muffled by the gas mask, as he watch via the rearview mirror as the players began to fall unconscious. "As per SOIS's standard policies, we'll have to take you all in for some questioning. Sleep tight."

As the last person fell unconscious, Alpha started driving the truck back to civilization. Away from where the Nonary Game was being held in.

GAME END

[Survivors: Deux, Psi, Dee, Jupiter, Virgo, Sin, Peri, Blaze]
[Winners: Deux, Psi, Dee, Jupiter, Virgo, Sin, Peri, Blaze]

Sleeping is my life.

Peri/Dee END
“Gosh, this is so frustrating... Where did I put those keys?” Sylvia said, digging around in her purse. Clyde stood next to her, with a backpack in one hand. School had just let out for the day.

“Ah, here they are.” Sylvia pulled a keyring from the purse, sorting through each of the keys until she came upon the one for the door to the O’Malley residence. She inserted it into the keyhole and turns the key, unlocking the door and allowing them to enter their home. Sylvia placed her purse on a nearby table before she made her way over to the couch and let herself fall into it. She let out an exhausted sigh.

“Mom, are you okay?” Clyde asked, a concerned look on his face.

“No, it’s fine. It’s just…” Sylvia looked up at her son. “All I wanted was for you to get back to a normal life. We were really close to getting back to a normal life, but then… he had to go and ruin it all for us.” Clyde knew who she was talking about. Neither of them dared mention his name, as he was the reason they were back at square one.

It had been a few weeks since the Nonary Game. Despite the fact that both the mother and son managed to escape the game alive and well, they still faced consequences. Clyde no longer had nightmares of the bank robbery, but he now had nightmares about the final vote. No matter how hard he tried to avoid it, the screams were always the last thing he heard before he woke up in a cold sweat. Sylvia have begun taking Clyde to a therapist every day after school let out. She pushed herself to the point of exhaustion trying to get things back to the way they were.

“Mom, you really don’t need to take care of me all the time.” Clyde placed his hands on top of his mother’s. “You should start taking care of yourself.”

“Clyde…” Sylvia stammered as she pondered over what he said. She wasn’t surprised that her son was concerned for her well-being, and she knew that he was right.

“You’re right. I never once thought about it, but thank you.” Sylvia sat up on the couch before she pulled her son in for a hug. “I promise that I’ll take care of myself.”

Sleeping is my life.

Sin END
Pierre patiently waits inside his car, which he has parked on the street near an elementary school; his son’s elementary school. Pierre was planning on taking his family out on a vacation. As he waited for school to be let out for the day, he thought back to the Nonary Game.

It has been a month since the events of the Nonary Game. Jesse Reyes… If Pierre knew he was going to turn out the way that he did, he could have reached out to him on that day all those years ago. Pierre shakes his head, getting his thoughts straighten out. No, it was too late as Jesse had reduced himself to nothing but an entity of revenge, something that Pierre had tasted when he voted for Jesse. He was mad at him for dragging his family into the game.

Pierre’s thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the school bell ringing, announcing that school’s out for the day. He let out a sigh, as he looks towards the schoolyard, scanning the area for his son. It didn’t take him long before he spotted him talking to a girl, who he recognises as Lily Reyes.

Pierre bit his lips at the sight of this. He didn’t want to tell Lily the truth about her father. How Jesse committed multiple crimes and hosted the Nonary Game. He didn’t want to tell her that he, along with several other people, was forced to vote to kill Jesse. Even so, Pierre knew that when Lily get old enough, she’ll learn the truth about her father. Pierre smiled when he saw his son approaching the car, then he turns the key in the ignitor. The sound of the car engine can be heard coming to life.

Tyler opens a car door, then he slides into the passenger seat in the back of the car. “Hey, Dad.” Tyler said as he puts his backpack on the seat before he went to put on his seatbelt. Pierre then started driving the car, heading home.

“How was school, Tyler?” Pierre asked as he peers into the rearview mirror, looking at his son.

“It was great. Managed to catch up on my homework.” Tyler replied as he looks out the window watching the scenery pass by. Pierre seems unassured, as he glances at him via the rearview mirror.

“Okay, I did manage to catch up on most of my homework.” Tyler admitted, with a sheepish grin. Pierre nods at this.

“So, how is…” Pierre trails off, unsure of whether to bring up Tyler’s friend, Lily Reyes. He sighed before he decided to ask him. “How’s Lily Reyes doing?”

“She’s doing fine, I suppose. She’s her usual cheerful self, I think.” Tyler said as he looks towards his father, an eyebrow raised. “Why do you ask?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. I was just curious, that’s all.” Pierre said firmly before he decided to change the subject. “Tyler, I have been talking with your mother regarding the vacation we’re going on. And well, we think it’d be great if we can have your inputs on what we should do on our vacation.”

“Yeah.” Tyler nodded. “There’s a lot that I wanted to do.” Pierre smiled at his son as he kept driving the car down the street toward the Gray family’s house.

Sleeping is my life.

Blaze END
Darren stand on the sidewalk as he looks across the street at the firestation. It had been a couple of weeks since the events of the Nonary Game. With the help of Detective Pierre Gray, he was now a free man and back on the streets. Darren knew that the first thing that he had to do was to get back to his job as a firefighter. From where he is standing, he could see two men; one was polishing the fire truck with a rag and the other was casually lending against a wall. The two men appears to be engaged in a conversation.

After looking both ways to make sure it’s safe to cross the street, Darren approaches the firestation. The man lending against the wall was the first to notice Darren. He quickly straighten up before he walks over to Darren.

“Smokey! It’s so good to see you!” The man replied as he pats on Darren’s back. He looks over to the other man. “Yo, Mason! Smokey’s back!”

Not missing a beat, Mason looks over to Darren. “Hey there.” With that being said, he looks back at the fire truck, continuing with the task of polishing.

“Thanks, Kyle and Mason. It’s good to be back after being in prison for a crime that I didn’t commit.” Darren rubbed the back of his neck, looking quite happy.

“Speaking of which, Smokey…” Kyle went over to a table and picks up a newspaper. “I saved this article just for you.” He hands the newspaper over to Darren. “Give it a good read, yeah?”

Darren take the article and read it over.. The article goes into details on how he was cleared in the murder of Rory Barr, and Detective Trevor Barnes have been charged with forgery and tampering with the evidence. The burly man smiles after he finished reading the article. He then toss the article back towards Kyle

“Oh, almost forgot. Chief wants to see you in his office.” Kyle caught the newspaper article with both hands. Darren nodded at Kyle before heading over to the door where the fire chief’s office is.

Darren took a deep breath before he opens the door and steps into the fire chief’s office. He knew that it was time to get back to saving lives and putting out fires.
Page 17 of 18 [ 684 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus