Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 269 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

I've been getting back into Civilization VI lately. Having recently learned about the Worldbuilder function, I made my first custom map about an hour ago. I'm pleased with how the landmasses and biomes turned out, though I think I may have gone overboard with the resources--plus I have yet to actually test the map.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I've been getting back into Civilization VI lately. Having recently learned about the Worldbuilder function, I made my first custom map about an hour ago. I'm pleased with how the landmasses and biomes turned out, though I think I may have gone overboard with the resources--plus I have yet to actually test the map.

Ah Civ Vi is definitely on my list of games to get round to. How was the climate change DLC?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Natural disasters make for an interesting mechanic to plan around, as does climate change, though the latter is a late-game phenomenon that poses a far greater threat to civilizations that are behind technologically (which I've never been by then). Maybe that's a sign that I should start playing on King difficulty...

Also, I tested out my map. Too much water, not enough land.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

About a week ago we had friends over and we were playing Tekken. They didn't have it so they wanted to play with us. My boyfriend mentioned that I am really good so Khylasean wanted to challenge me. Apparently I was so good that he went home, bought the game, and bought me PlayStation+ for a year just so he could spar with me online. This has never happened before and I am so happy. Haha. It was really nice of him and it's good practice since he's getting better. My Lili is gross tho. :redd:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

High level play

Dollarluigi wrote:
I just started playing Earthbound for the first time.

Hey, I did as well a few months ago! What do you think? I personally thought that it was a masterpiece. I also got a good look where undertale drew its inspiration from.

I've been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt lately. I didn't play the first one and I tried The Witcher 2, but I didn't like the combat. This means I don't really get why some characters are important or not, but the story does make sense within the Witcher 3 itself so it's manageable.

The combat is way more accessable, but lots of advantages can be gained in combat through the right preparations, which is perfect for the concept of Witchers in my opinion. NPC's are well developed in their stories and morality, keeping you on your toes when you talk to them, because some try to deceive you. The quests (and even side-quests) are well thought out in a big landscape filled with treasure to find and monsters to slay. The world is filled with an european middle-ages atmosphere like fable but with more variety in cultures.

It's been a long time since a game went way beyond my expectations like this, great game.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
About a week ago we had friends over and we were playing Tekken. They didn't have it so they wanted to play with us. My boyfriend mentioned that I am really good so Khylasean wanted to challenge me. Apparently I was so good that he went home, bought the game, and bought me PlayStation+ for a year just so he could spar with me online. This has never happened before and I am so happy. Haha. It was really nice of him and it's good practice since he's getting better. My Lili is gross tho. :redd:

Wow yeah! A year's worth of PS+ is a nice gift.
Tekken is great but it's been ages since I've played one of their mainstream games. Used to play a load of Tekken 5 with my mates though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

Sjibbey wrote:
Hey, I did as well a few months ago! What do you think? I personally thought that it was a masterpiece. I also got a good look where undertale drew its inspiration from.

I am enjoying it whenever I do get around to playing it. Definitely one of the better SNES games imo.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

In Justice We Trust

Playing more Crusader Kings II. The year is 574 in my made-up Slavic calendar (1414 in the Gregorian calendar). I have roughly thirty years left before making the switch to Europa Universalis IV (though if I ever carry over this playthrough, I'll make a mod to add more flavor for the Slavic religion and my custom state first). Vladimir IV has just died, his titles passing to his twenty-three-year-old daughter, Lyudmila. She is uncommonly short in stature and pays little attention to personal grooming, not to mention she is known to prefer the company of women to that of her husband (though whether or not there have been any affairs is unknown). However, she possesses an intellect far beyond that of most of her subjects, gives freely to worthy causes, maintains a calm demeanor even in the face of adversity, works tirelessly for the betterment of the realm, and has a keen sense of honor and justice.

Despite Lyudmila's education focusing primarily on martial endeavors, she has no interest in expanding the Empire. The Slavic Empire already stretches from the Rhine to the Urals. Some overly ambitious vassals have attempted to expand their territory beyond the Rhine and the Ligurian Alps. Bringing them into line will take time, but it's doable. It's really only because their lands aren't seen as de jure Slavic lands yet that they're able to get away with expanding. Within another decade, the Slavic Empire's control over central Europe will be undisputed and the lords there will no longer be able to throw their subjects' lives away in pointless wars.

What's a Court Records?

Lately, I've been playing Sims 4 since it was free this weekend.
Why am I even here?

Still playing a lot of Overwatch. Trying to get into Moira now... people say she’s “easy”, but that hasn’t been my experience, personally.

Expanded my hero pool a lot, and have more hours on D.va, Reaper, Zen, Genji, Ashe. This game gives you so many options, it is difficult to focus on only one.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Still playing a lot of Overwatch. Trying to get into Moira now... people say she’s “easy”, but that hasn’t been my experience, personally.

Expanded my hero pool a lot, and have more hours on D.va, Reaper, Zen, Genji, Ashe. This game gives you so many options, it is difficult to focus on only one.

Oh really? I've felt Moira has a fantastic toolkit. She's like a favourite healer of mine. Her semi-lock on damage beam is great for picking off evasive people on a sliver of health left AND it heals you. Her ball is an amazing defensive and offensive tool if you can bounce it around places simply because it goes through shields and again, auto targets. Genji thinks he's safe around a corner after escaping a fight? The ball bounces around and whisks his soul back to the spawn point. Need health as you advance? Throw the ball in front of you and run with it! Holding a choke? Bounce it around the walls and focus on offense. Her escape move is also wonderful, just such a great get out of trouble card.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Thelema wrote:

It doesn't help that you train tanks, support and damage heroes at the same time. I wouldn't focus on 1 hero in particular, but 1 role.

In my case that's tanks and my Wrecking Ball and Orisa are almost ready for ranked. At least some maps I'm pretty confident with them.

When I need to flex to support I've also been playing more Moira. I think people say she's easy because her mobility option is fast, covers distance, is safe when activated and is on a short cooldown. That means if she's getting flanked she can outrun her flankers and better moira's whoosh all around the map to
heal when needed.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Karim and I have been playing Pokemon Ultra Sun (him) and Ultra Moon (me) lately because we've been making competitive Pokemon to go into the Battle Tree with and Link Battle with each other or anyone that wants to battle us.
A few days ago he kept saying how badly he wanted a shiny Golisopod because it fit his aesthetic. So while he was at work I breeded a perfect shiny one for him, trained it, and by the time he was home it was Battle Ready. He was so grateful that he went out of his way to make me a shiny Simipour. She's perfect. <3
I'm just training more Pokemon now and getting them Battle Ready. Next up is a Timid Kingdra.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Sjibbey wrote:
Thelema wrote:

It doesn't help that you train tanks, support and damage heroes at the same time. I wouldn't focus on 1 hero in particular, but 1 role.

In my case that's tanks and my Wrecking Ball and Orisa are almost ready for ranked. At least some maps I'm pretty confident with them.

When I need to flex to support I've also been playing more Moira. I think people say she's easy because her mobility option is fast, covers distance, is safe when activated and is on a short cooldown. That means if she's getting flanked she can outrun her flankers and better moira's whoosh all around the map to
heal when needed.

It is true that it’s better to specialize. I don’t really play supports like 95% of the times in Comp; I would call myself a DPS main who occasionally flexes to off tank (it is very difficult to rank up if you only play DPS, since everyone wants to be DPS). Tbh, D.va is my only “main” right now who is not a DPS, though I also have several hours on Hammond. Right next to D.va, the characters who helped me to rank up the most are Reaper, Genji and Ashe.

I don’t think I have what it takes to play MT or Main Support in Comp. I find MT the hardest role, personally. As DPS, you can get away with bad decisions because of your mechanics or your mobility. MT probably needs the most gamesense of all roles, and your entire team depends on you.

Sometimes I like to experiment with other characters in QP, though, and I feel these experiments help me to expand gamesense. Right now I have ~4 hours on Moira in QP, and while I’ll probably not play her in Comp, it’s nice to have a deeper understanding of how she works. Same about Zen; I have some hours on him in QP and find him fun (his ult is extremely useful, especially in higher ranks) but I don’t really dare to play him in Comp.

@Pierre Yeah, I really like her mechanics. Some people tend to look down on every character that isn’t heavy on aiming, but I personally find it very difficult and draining to focus on both damaging the enemy and healing allies at the same time like good Moiras do. Her kit is strong and Fade gives her plenty of survivability, but I wish she had some other useful ability like Lucio’s speed boost or Ana’s nade - this would make her a more complete support.

Since I haven't played Zestiria in several months, I started a new playthrough. I am now at the part of... where am I? Oh, yeah. I just entered Rolance's capital. Still struggling a bit to keep going because I don't feel all that engaged, but it is still enjoyable. And I encountered my first malevolence-filled area, where Heldalf waits for me to get the bad ending.

Gettin' Old!

I've been enjoying Radiant Historian Perfect Chronology lately.

I'd heard a big deal about this game but at the time I'd loaned out my 3DS and couldn't play it. Really enjoying it so far with its mix of time travel, fantasy and politics. The combat is mostly pretty satisfying as well since it let's you push baddies around on a 3x3 grid so they fall into traps or so you can hit multiple enemies at once.

Also no awful characters yet! Everyone I've met is mostly likable and sincere with good convictions to their actions.

Of course the bad guys aren't likeable but that's fine, they are suitably villainous and threatening. Everyone fits their role well.

So going well and hopefully there'll be some interesting plot twists in the road ahead.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Got myself Berserk And The Band Of The Hawk for the PS4. It's basically a Dynasty Warriors-esque game with a Berserk skin, like Hyrule Warriors. AND I LOVE IT! It's actually really interesting to see the characters I've only experienced in black-white manga in color and with voice-acting. So far, the (Japanese) voices seem fitting, if maybe not what I was personally imagining. I do recall wondering why Judeau sounded so familiar - he's voiced by Yuuki Kaji, who was also Hope.

And yes, I absolutely see the irony of Griffith once being voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (Sepiroth) and now voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (Cloud).

High level play

Thelema wrote:
Tbh, D.va is my only “main” right now who is not a DPS, though I also have several hours on Hammond. Right next to D.va, the characters who helped me to rank up the most are Reaper, Genji and Ashe.

I don’t think I have what it takes to play MT or Main Support in Comp. I find MT the hardest role, personally. As DPS, you can get away with bad decisions because of your mechanics or your mobility. MT probably needs the most gamesense of all roles, and your entire team depends on you.

Sometimes I like to experiment with other characters in QP, though, and I feel these experiments help me to expand gamesense. Right now I have ~4 hours on Moira in QP, and while I’ll probably not play her in Comp, it’s nice to have a deeper understanding of how she works. Same about Zen; I have some hours on him in QP and find him fun (his ult is extremely useful, especially in higher ranks) but I don’t really dare to play him in Comp.

Times are tough for D.Va mains. She's getting nerfed to oblivion in order to make GOATS less strong.

Also I've been playing with a rando I met after a game who's also a tank player and we went on a big winning streak. Now I'm back in solid gold territory. Now to reach platinum again.

Gettin' Old!

Haven't they been trying to stop GOATS forever? Feels it at this point.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Yeah for about a year now I believe. The thing with GOATS is that the 3 tank, 3 support setup has maximum durability. Any place where you capture a point (every mode except 100% payload maps) favours a durable setup because you'll be able to control the zone (GOATS is good in close combat) and hold it for as long as possible.

It's not that the heroes themselves are to powerfull, but this combination of characters seems better suited for Overwatch's objectives than any other comp is what makes GOATS the strongest comp to date.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Yeah for about a year now I believe. The thing with GOATS is that the 3 tank, 3 support setup has maximum durability. Any place where you capture a point (every mode except 100% payload maps) favours a durable setup because you'll be able to control the zone (GOATS is good in close combat) and hold it for as long as possible.

It's not that the heroes themselves are to powerfull, but this combination of characters seems better suited for Overwatch's objectives than any other comp is what makes GOATS the strongest comp to date.

Yeah get meaty close range tanks like Rein and Hog in close with them being nigh unkillable and it's just a pain to deal with unless you have ults ready (even then enemy ults can counter this.)

Guess I'm lucky I don't encounter it much since I just play QP with friends. Do you guys see it much on Ranked?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Lol no, at least not around gold rank or below. That would require 6 players to communicate and play their roles respectively.

The thing is, I'm not mechanically good at FPS games, but in Overwatch I compensate that by playing heroes that don't require perfect aim to get value in combination with knowledge of heroes, maps , strategies etc.
Gold players who play with good mechanical skill, but lack the game sense are pretty common to find. (headache inducing familiar)
Same rank, but I can't explain GOATS in a minute before the match starts. I mean the OW E-sports is dominated by GOATS so if anyone should know 1 comp (which is also the meta in the game) its this one.

In Justice We Trust

Finished up my Crusader Kings II playthrough. Hu boy, making a mod that maintains flavor for this world might take some time (assuming I even make it).

Spoiler: Map

So, for starters, the Catholic world is largely united under the Empire of Britannia. The Papacy, the Knights Templar, and maybe a few other guys are still independent, but it's safe to say that the fate of Catholicism is likely to rest in British hands. Britannia is fairly diverse culturally. On the mainland, the population is mostly French, and thanks to a succession crisis that saw the previous Irish dynasty overthrown, the current imperial family is also French. On the islands, you've got Celts in the form of Irish, Scots, and Welsh, as well as Norse, and Anglo-Saxons. I'll need to tweak the Reformation mechanics to make sure the Reformation fires at the right time. I'll also need to change around the British missions tree, and maybe even the flag.

The Umayyads retained control over most of the Iberian peninsula and have expanded into Africa. They are one of two Sunni states, the other being the Banu Tamim Sultanate. I'll have to look into the missions for both states to see what changes need to be made.

The Roman Empire has been driven out of Europe, for the most part, so I'll need missions to reflect that. In addition, I'm thinking of adding a Reformation mechanic. In this timeline, Iconoclasm became dominant and Orthodoxy is a minority religion; most Orthodox don't even live in the Roman Empire. My idea is that some time after the Reformation triggers in the Catholic world, there will be a similar event in the Iconoclast world. I'll probably call it the "Orthodox Revival." Needless to say, it would lead to Orthodoxy spreading at an incredible rate. Iconoclasm came about in part due to people thinking the Arab conquests were a sign of God's displeasure with the Roman Empire, so I can see an Orthodox revival happening in response to the loss of most of Rome's European possessions--especially Constantinople. As for the Sultanate of Africa, it's also Iconoclast, but dominated by Amazigh culture rather than Greek culture.

In the Indian subcontinent, there are three empires, all run by Vajrayana Buddhists. Jainism and Hinduism are still common among the common folk in the Lakshmansen Empire, though. Historically, most of the Indian subcontinent was Hindu in this time period, so I imagine I'll have to tweak the mission trees to reflect that.

China was ruled by the Yuan for around 350 years (the Mongol Empire arose early) before being overthrown by the Jin in 1389, so I'll have to give more Mongol influence to the area and maybe have Confucianism already be harmonized with Tengriism to reflect that.

The nomadic remnants of the Mongol Empire exist in the north as subjects of the Chagatayids. Others chose to settle in Central Asia, though, forming the Khanate of Daylam. In addition, an adventurer somehow managed to topple the Sultanate of Mali and claim the place for himself, making Mali technically a Mongol state. How long that will last is beyond me; I suppose it depends on how the Sunni populace is treated by its Tengri overlords.

Finally, we've got the Slavic Empire as the undisputed dominant European power. I'll see about throwing in a special decision around 1460 to finish up that fancy temple under construction in Rome, since Great Works are capable of carrying over. I'll also include a "Second Starovershchina" event that will trigger some time after the Reformation and largely following the same pattern. There's also the matter of customizing the Slavic religion. As things stand, EU4 just doesn't have enough flavor for reformed paganism, so I'll have to fix that. I'll also need to create a custom religion for the Old Slavic religion, since I'm going to give it a chance at a comeback through the aforementioned Second Starovershchina.

@Sjibbey Yeah, D.va is the only tank that doesn’t really feel like a tank to me right now. Defense Matrix is her only defensive resource, and it feels completely mediocre after so many nerfs. Basically, she needs a healer (usually Moira or Mercy) pocketing her all the time to function. Orisa has a shield and fortify, Rein has the best shield in the game, and Hog has take a breather. D.va is so much less durable than they are.

Nice to hear you are back to Gold. I’m still in Gold as well, and not playing much Comp right now. Dunno why, only played QP this week. Really want to get to Plat though.

One thing that has been bothering me lately - in all modes of this game - is how some people would rather die than play something other than DPS. This is forcing me to flex more and more, even in occasions I know I would be doing better as DPS.

For example, I have nothing against the idea of a Widowmaker in my team (love the char myself), but it is annoying how some won’t switch even if it is clear our team is losing and she isn’t making any significant contribution to the match.

I want a real composition, and not something like 5 DPS and one Lucio. If there’s already a McCree and a Widowmaker in the char selection screen, why the hell is this third player choosing Ashe? Why do they think they are adding to the team?

Gettin' Old!

Western Heroic individualistic Mindset of of "I'm the hero! I'll be the one to turn this around through my efforts!" ?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Thelema wrote:
I want a real composition, and not something like 5 DPS and one Lucio. If there’s already a McCree and a Widowmaker in the char selection screen, why the hell is this third player choosing Ashe? Why do they think they are adding to the team?

Not sure why, but since the release of the game Hanzo and Widow were often insta-picked on the hero select screen. Something about dealing heavy damage at long range is appealing, since you have the potential to carry the game. When in reality...

The thing is though, double (/triple) snipers kan be really good in certain situations, but if you aren't getting pick and/or just shoot shields then you should switch to a different hero.

Gettin' Old!

Most matches need you to have a physical presence in the fray though. Snipers are disincentivised to get up close and that can be real frustrating if too many DPS choose to be ranged snipers rather than a mid range or close range character to contest the point.

But eh I think Snipers are just super glamorised and elitist in games. There's such a prestige to being a top level sniper that those classes are generally more appealing to players
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was just released and samurai David Hayter is kicking my ass.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was just released and samurai David Hayter is kicking my ass.

Definitely one I'll look out for at my next paycheck.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Replaying Layton Brothers. On the last case now. Still super fun but definitely not as great as I thought it was the first time. I'll probably make a more in depth post when I finish it though but yeah. Still a great mystery game though, really.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Finished NieR: Automata a few days back. It's been on my "to play" list for a long time, so I'm glad I finally got around to playing it. Needless to say, it lived up to the hype. Combat was fun, the world was beautiful and deep, the story was incredible, the music was top-notch, the list goes on.

Spoiler: Ending E
This is how you end a damn game right here. I'm not one to get emotional during video games, but the credits sequence got to me. Having the music weave between the English, Japanese, and French versions of the credits as you dodge bullets from the damn devs itself, only for it to become too much. And yet, others are cheering you on. And when it finally becomes too much and you need the help of others, and the choir of the entire development team kicks in as others sacrifice their own data so that you can finish...I teared up a bit simply due to how powerful it was. And knowing that they all got their own chance to create their own future despite everything that happened...I don't know if there's really a happier ending than that, even if we don't know their ultimate fate. Other games have done it before, but Ending E thoroughly shatters the argument that video games can't be considered art.

Currently playing Hitman (the 2016 one that was free in February). This game is just so damn fun. I love just wandering around exploring the stage, looking for all the different ways I can carry out the mission. I'm only through Sapienza, but this game is right up my alley. I'm excited to try out the other Hitman games after this one.

High level play

Spoiler: screenshot is a little big

When I saw the Super Mario Royale I had to get a win before the game got taken down.

The cape is self-fluttering

I am currently playing Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space. Despite the silly title, it feels like a pretty solid Japanese RPG. Even though it is a "free" app on a mobile device.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Spoiler: screenshot is a little big

When I saw the Super Mario Royale I had to get a win before the game got taken down.

This is a thing? Congratulations!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Yeah

www.infernoplus.com/royale/

Play the game untill Nintendo takes it down. No installation, type in a name and go.

earthlings on fire

I’m replaying the trilogy on Switch. So far it seems like an excellent port, and I like getting to play the game on my TV since I never purchased the Wii port back in the day.

Going back to the old graphics would probably be difficult for me now.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

What's a Court Records?

Got back into playing Mario 64 DS... but I'm doing it on my Super Nintendo Classic lol.
Why am I even here?

Gettin' Old!

Playing Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. It's neat! Some of the new areas are really nice and I'm excited about some of the new skills my class can learn.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I impromptu bought The Caligula Effect: Overdose when I saw it at Gamestop. I am completely blind about this game.
I barely got past the introduction and into actually moving around myself, and I have to ask..... what the everloving fuck is going on here? :redd:

What's a Court Records?

Never been crazy about The Legend Of Zelda, but I got pretty into A Link To The Past tonight.
Why am I even here?

Page 269 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station