Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 8 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch1 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

The American Dream

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Nothing.” Benjamin said, maintaining eye contact with the ball. “I was bored. Since this is chained to me I thought maybe it could be my Wilson.”

Brandy chuckled, "Cast Away was a good picture -- that volleyball was my favorite part. Anyway, I s'pose that, yeah, since it is chained to you, you may as well humanize it a lil' bit and make it seem less... intimidatin'."

She fully sat down next to him. "Say, do you get bored easily?"

WinterCoat wrote:
Brandy chuckled, "Cast Away was a good picture -- that volleyball was my favorite part. Anyway, I s'pose that, yeah, since it is chained to you, you may as well humanize it a lil' bit and make it seem less... intimidatin'."

She fully sat down next to him. "Say, do you get bored easily?"

"Only boring people get bored." The way Benjamin said it sounded like he was quoting someone.

"... yes, I get bored easily. But I'm used to it, life hasn't been exciting for a long time. All you do in prison is eat crappy food, exercise, and sleep. There's some recreation and TV, but you have to stay away from it. That's how they institutionalize you. The best option is to read, but that only gets you so far. At the end of the day, you're living life without a purpose. And slowly you need to resign yourself to the fact that this is your life, and you're never going to see the outside world again." He didn't sound morose as he said any of that, he spoke it all matter-of-factly with very little emotion at all.

Quote:
"And slowly you need to resign yourself to the fact that this is your life, and you're never going to see the outside world again."

"...Ironically, you seem to be seeing the outside world as we speak, aren't you?" Ivan questioned. "Which I find troubling, nonetheless..."

Seeing that Oliver already had a tent-mate and Benjamin was talking to Brandy, Klifford decided to help Sebastian set up the purple tent.

The American Dream

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Only boring people get bored." The way Benjamin said it sounded like he was quoting someone.

"... yes, I get bored easily. But I'm used to it, life hasn't been exciting for a long time. All you do in prison is eat crappy food, exercise, and sleep. There's some recreation and TV, but you have to stay away from it. That's how they institutionalize you. The best option is to read, but that only gets you so far. At the end of the day, you're living life without a purpose. And slowly you need to resign yourself to the fact that this is your life, and you're never going to see the outside world again." He didn't sound morose as he said any of that, he spoke it all matter-of-factly with very little emotion at all.

"Yeah, I know a thing or two about prison, believe me," Brandy sighed and looked up at the ceiling of the cave. She could spot a few insects crawling around, but not much else was of interest. "But, y'know, it doesn't have to be that way all the time. I mean, you're here now, with us. Don't you think this could be the start of somethin' new for you?"

Benjamin was curious how the purple tent had managed to teleport away from him, but decided it must've been a glitch in the matrix so he paid it no mind.

"I'm glad I'm out here." Benjamin nodded to Ivan and Brandy before standing up. "I'm hoping to receive a pardon for my aid, but no such thing was promised to me. I'm just meant to help find the girl." He sighed, "So as much as I'd like to smell the roses, it's best we just finish this up as quickly as possible."

His words seemed earnest. His actions seemed to say otherwise. After all, he still hadn't picked a fucking tent.

The American Dream

JesusMonroe wrote:
Benjamin was curious how the purple tent had managed to teleport away from him, but decided it must've been a glitch in the matrix so he paid it no mind.

"I'm glad I'm out here." Benjamin nodded to Ivan and Brandy before standing up. "I'm hoping to receive a pardon for my aid, but no such thing was promised to me. I'm just meant to help find the girl." He sighed, "So as much as I'd like to smell the roses, it's best we just finish this up as quickly as possible."

His words seemed earnest. His actions seemed to say otherwise. After all, he still hadn't picked a fucking tent.

Brandy stood up after him. "Hey, just because you're meant to help us save the the girl in this here cave now don't mean you ain't meant for somethin' even greater later, y'know? But anyway, you should get to pickin' a tent before our mechanic friend blows up again."

WinterCoat wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Brandy stood up after him. "Hey, just because you're meant to help us save the the girl in this here cave now don't mean you ain't meant for somethin' even greater later, y'know? But anyway, you should get to pickin' a tent."

"...You musn't be swayed by the words of a criminal, Brandy," Ivan smiled. "Regardless of the mayor's opinion of him, he has been judged and punished by the Rattlewater Justice System."

He put his baton up to his forehead. "...Our great city has decided that Mr. Bledsoe deserves a life of loneliness and labor at our esteemed prison. I don't know what the mayor was thinking, letting a prisoner aid our journey...but once we return home, he will be apprehended promptly and returned to the proper detainment center."

"Unless, of course, the mayor has some dealings with this here criminal that we are not aware of."

The American Dream

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...You musn't be swayed by the words of a criminal, Brandy," Ivan smiled. "Regardless of the mayor's opinion of him, he has been judged and punished by the Rattlewater Justice System."

He put his baton up to his forehead. "...Our great city has decided that Mr. Bledsoe deserves a life of loneliness and labor at our esteemed prison. I don't know what the mayor was thinking, letting a prisoner aid our journey...but once we return home, he will be apprehended promptly and returned to the proper detainment center."

"Unless, of course, the mayor has some dealings with this here criminal that we are not aware of."

"And maybe you should try hearin' people out," Brandy huffed. "We don't know his story, after all. Honestly, Ivan, I don't know where you get off on bein' so high n' mighty. I get you love our town, but you shouldn't let your own patriotism cloud your judgement."

She closed her eye and rubbed the back of her neck to calm herself down. "Look, I get that you're jus' doin' your job and all, but you should at least give him a bit of respect while he's here."

Benjamin didn't seem to react much to Brandy's words, but he did get a bit softer as if they comforted him somewhat.

He didn't seem to get angry at Ivan's words. He just pursed his lips slightly and raised an eyebrow. "Do you know 1% of all criminals are falsely convicted? Might not seem like a large number, but that's hundreds of thousands of people. And with people like you at the helm of Rattlewater's justice system, I'd expect that ratio to be even higher." He gave a big shrug. "But I have nothing to do with you. I've never set foot in this town before today. Grew up in the Good Ol' Blighty."

Benjamin looked over at Klifford and Seb setting up a tent. He didn't feel great about breaking up an existing friendship. He looked over at Matt, also not feeling great about rooming with an asshole. But then again he knew a lot of assholes. "Hey Matt, wanna be my celly? Maybe you have the tools to get his chain off of me too."

WinterCoat wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"And maybe you should try hearin' people out," Brandy huffed. "We don't know his story, after all. Honestly, Ivan, I don't know where you get off on bein' so high n' mighty. I get you love our town, but you shouldn't let your own patriotism cloud your judgement."

She closed her eyes and rubbed the back of her neck to calm herself down. "Look, I get that you're jus' doin' your job and all, but you should at least give him a bit of respect while he's here."

"I am merely trying to ascertain the reason why he is here," Ivan shrugged. "He even continues to be restrained. His current set-up is not ideal for exploring."

"The mayor's thought process makes me curious. I would like to know why he is here. And why he won't disclose that information."

He continued to shrug as Benjamin continued.

"Your opinion of our justice system is of no concern to me. I have complete confidence in my men, the system, and Rattlewater."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The American Dream

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"I am merely trying to ascertain the reason why he is here," Ivan shrugged. "He even continues to be restrained. His current set-up is not ideal for exploring."

"The mayor's thought process makes me curious. I would like to know why he is here. And why he won't disclose that information."

"I'm sure we'll find out eventually," Brandy yawned. "Just don't harass the fella for now; let him ease into tellin' us when he's ready."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Your opinion of our justice system is of no concern to me. I have complete confidence in my men, the system, and Rattlewater."

"Again, Rattlewater had nothing to do with my imprisonment. Your confidence is irrelevant." Benjamin rolled his eyes at having to repeat himself.

"Just listen to Brandy, Officer. I'm on your side, and as much as you might hate it we're a team now."

Ciro grabbed the last remaining red tent for himself and began setting it up.

“I’m ok with anyone tenting with me. I’m also ok with having a tent to myself.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Again, Rattlewater had nothing to do with my imprisonment. Your confidence is irrelevant." Benjamin rolled his eyes at having to repeat himself.

"Just listen to Brandy, Officer. I'm on your side, and as much as you might hate it we're a team now."

"...Hm, very well," Ivan sighed, bringing his baton up to his forehead. "A teamwork established on secrecy and deceit, however, is bound to end poorly. But I will not press you any further. The reality of your situation is bound to expose itself eventually. Until then, we are still under Rattlewater's jurisdiction. Please behave yourselves."

Ivan politely bowed before retreating into his tent for the night.

Carrie seemed to have calmed down and walked closer to the group to commiserate. "Carrie can help. Anybody hungry?"

The American Dream

Suffering from general exhaustion, Brandy made her way to her tent and resigned to do some light thinking. As she took a few minutes to get comfortable, she couldn't help herself but wonder how Benjamin's situation was a little strange. Although, she did not dwell on it and simply hoped that everything would work out and they'd find Enola without too much trouble.

Of course, we wouldn't really have a story if that were the case.

Last edited by WinterCoat on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Happy Maria

Code:
Current tents:
Red: Ciro
Yellow: Micah and Shizune
Blue: Oliver and Ivan
Green: Charlie and Brandy
Orange: Matt and Benjamin
Purple: Seb and Klifford
Black: Daniel
White: Bennett and Lavender

Undecided: Nail, Carrie

“Sweet, a tent to myself,” Ciro chuckles, his player also not particularly wanting another EFL.

Nobody wanted Carrie's food. She would have to try again in the morning.

;-;

Happy Maria

It seemed that everything had been settled now. Neither Carrie nor Nail seemed interested in choosing a tent, and so they decided to sleep outside. This also meant Daniel and Ciro were all alone in their tents, sadly.

“Alright, and that should be it. No further objections, I hope.” Daniel grunted.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Can we start exploring now?” Charlotte asked rather impatiently.

“Carrie want to go in!” Carrie agreed.

“Shucks, why’re we just standin’ around here?” Brandy asked. “Let’s get goin’, people!” She immediately started making her way further into the caves, torch in hand.

“Well, now’s a good time for us to get going. In prison, if you just stand in a corner you'll get your limbs cut off.” Benjamin calmly commented.

The others started making their way forward. They could see, pointing their torches in front of them, two different tunnels in front of them. They could approach it now if they wanted.

(You may request EFLs with each other now, additionally.)

fella

"Seems as if the path splits here," Oliver announced, looking back and forth between the two tunnels. "Not sure how I feel about splitting up, but we'd cover more ground that way..."

The American Dream

Brandy studied the path ahead and turned around to face the group. "Well, looks like we got ourselves a good ol' fashioned fork in the road! I hate these..."

She smiled at the group. "Well, what should we do, team?"

Benjamin thought about the possibilities. Splitting up was usually the precursor to disaster. However, the two groups would still be fairly large in the end so he doubted anything that bad could happen.

"Let's split up and look for clues, gang!"

"Eenie meenie miney... Mo." Charlotte's finger settled on the left path, and she approached it to better see what it was all about, because I guess this is what we can do right now.

Code:
Dear Stars,

I have no issue with splitting into two groups of eight, as those would likely still be large enough to handle any emergencies that might occur. However, if we do, I would like to suggest exploring each passage for a predetermined amount of time before returning here to report any findings to the others.

Ever yours,
Shizune Takata

The Typist added her two cents in her usual manner.

"Two tunnels...each leading towards one unknown fate..."

Ivan motioned towards the explorers of the group.

"Surely you all have come across a tribulation like this before. What is your suggestion? Personally, I would like to comb through these tunnels as one cohesive group. It seems like we could diminish any potential danger that way. Besides, with the amount of bursting talent we all possess..."

He brought out his baton and slammed it into the ground. "Thirty minutes should be plenty of time for a detailed examination of each tunnel! It would take my men no longer than fifteen, but since the majority of you are not trained in police work, I am providing a more accurate estimation."

Happy Maria

The team approached the tunnels for more details, then suddenly came to a halt. In front of them stood a divergence in paths- the tunnel branched out into two.

They both clearly went on for quite a while, though they had their differences. The first tunnel seemed to have vines growing all over it, giving it the look of an underground jungle, though they appeared quite prickly. The other side appeared more normal looking but there were stalactites hanging from the ceiling and it looked quite rocky.

There didn't seem to be any other pathways present, so it was clear the team had to make a decision here. What would they do?

The American Dream

"I don't know 'bout the rest of y'all," Brandy said. "But based on experience I think we should all proceed as a single group down the path on the right. To me, it seems less risky than the left path. Worst case scenario, we don't find anythin' and have to come back. There could easily be somethin' sinister waitin' in that overgrown mess, and I don't wanna put anyone at risk."

"It is time to make a decision," Ivan piped up. "Everyone, prepare yourselves. We must display courage, strength, and brilliance if we are to make it past these caves!"

Slamming his baton down, he offered a suggestion. "Brandy and I share the same thought process, but we are to progress as a democracy, no? In which case, here is the vote I will cast. I'd like to travel as a single unit as well. My men and I have mastered safety in numbers, and I'm sure it will be no different here."

"It may also benefit us to listen to Carrie, as she is an expert in cave exploration."

Micah looked at the paths ahead. "If we split those of us who have experience with this kind of thing between the two groups, I feel like we would be fine splitting up, so that's where my vote goes for now." She opined. "We might face danger in either cave, but we really can't tell much just looking from here."
Signature loading, please wait...

Just a guy online.

"If we must make a decision..." Where in the name of God did he come from this time?!

He pointed to the right. "Heading to the right is, I feel, the worse decision. We may be tempted to head down that direction because we can see more of it, but that is a false lead. It may also be filled with more obstacles because it is more clear."

He then pointed to the left. "Overgrown. Full of vegetation. But also a cover. Perhaps undisturbed, perhaps not. But perhaps the best option is..."

He sat down. "For at least one person to hold down the fort. I vote for myself, as I am the tallest person here, and have no intention of grinding my head against the rocky walls."

And with his piece said, his player decided it was time to sleep, so Nail would only respond with a blank stare save for when the GMs puppeteered him.

"I vote for single group too. Splitting up's just tempting fate anyways." Charlie said, standing in front of the vine covered tunnel with her back to it. "Also, we should go right, like Mother Hen said. Safety first, right? Right. And these vines are creeping me out, too. Imagine moving one of them and finding a corpse or whatever. Creepy."

She kicked a vine growing close to the ground, to prove a point. Stupid creepy vines.

Ciro shrugs. "I'll go along with either option."

Just another day.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"I vote for single group too. Splitting up's just tempting fate anyways." Charlie said, standing in front of the vine covered tunnel with her back to it. "Also, we should go right, like Mother Hen said. Safety first, right? Right. And these vines are creeping me out, too. Imagine moving one of them and finding a corpse or whatever. Creepy."

She kicked a vine growing close to the ground, to prove a point. Stupid creepy vines.

"Ehh stop being a wimp its just a few plants, honestly who cares where we go, we might have to go the other way eventually."

matt grabbed out his wrench and tossed it in the air and let it land on the ground...it landed pointing to the right.

"Guess im going right, Ill trust my wrench over you lot any day."

"Well, maybe your wrench is just smarter than you and knows to fear the vines! Ever think about that?" Charlie praised the wisdom of the wrench.

Sock

Bennett nodded a few times, and did a few stretches, before heading towards the viney path. "I dunno how much food the each of you brought, and I sure as hell dunno how much each of ya can eat." He eyes Carrie and Nail for a few moments. "If for some ungodly reason we run outta food, I feel like the path that supports life might be a better choice here."

He pats one of the vines on the wall a few times. "'Sides, a path that supports life obviously has water as well. Somethin' else that's pretty important I think."

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Well, maybe your wrench is just smarter than you and knows to fear the vines! Ever think about that?" Charlie praised the wisdom of the wrench.

"But no one is smarter than my baton," Ivan interrupted. "Because my baton is wielded by me."

Slamming it on the ground, he nodded to Nail. "Indeed, if you were to stay behind, you would make a fine lookout. However, perhaps we should also have Mrs. Takata act as a lookout alongside you. I am worried the condition of these caves may damage her wheelchair."

Kachu wrote:
Bennett nodded a few times, and did a few stretches, before heading towards the viney path. "I dunno how much food the each of you brought, and I sure as hell dunno how much each of ya can eat." He eyes Carrie and Nail for a few moments. "If for some ungodly reason we run outta food, I feel like the path that supports life might be a better choice here."

He pats one of the vines on the wall a few times. "'Sides, a path that supports life obviously has water as well. Somethin' else that's pretty important I think."

"Yeah, yeah, sure. That'd be great, if this was a long term thing, but it's not." Charlie waved her hand dismissively at Bennett. "We just gotta find Enola. And do you really think she picked the path with all the prickly vines?"

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:

"But no one is smarter than my baton," Ivan interrupted. "Because my baton is wielded by me."

Slamming it on the ground, he nodded to Nail. "Indeed, if you were to stay behind, you would make a fine lookout. However, perhaps we should also have Mrs. Takata act as a lookout alongside you. I am worried the condition of these caves may damage her wheelchair."

"I guess if Your baton is the pinnacle if intelligence then it must be weeping at how moronic the guy who's using it is."

Matt sighed.
"That being said I guess he isn't wrong might be good to have someone stay behind just in case."
Page 8 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus