Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 12 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch1 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

Just a guy online.

WinterCoat wrote:
SaizotheSixth wrote:
"Maybe she really has gone mad... I can't imagine why anyone would willingly wander into a place they call Hell." Brandy wondered. "Even still, at the end she calls it Earth. Maybe she feels like this is her home now? Or at least a safe place..."

"Another interpretation is that Hell is outside of these tunnels, where her father has found another lover to dance over a grave." Nail frowns deeply, shaking his head. "Poems have never been my strong suit. I deal in the physical, not the abstract."

The American Dream

SaizotheSixth wrote:
Nail frowns deeply, shaking his head. "Poems have never been my strong suit. I deal in the physical, not the abstract."

"Well, nobody can fault you for tryin'," she replied. "As long as we're all tryin', we'll get the job done."

Such optimism.

fella

Oliver closed his eyes as he thought. "I believe that she's referring to these caves as Hell, and the 'upstairs' she mentions being the outside world. She mentions Hell two times -- at the beginning, and saying that she is thankful that freak is in Hell where she belongs. Perhaps she saw herself as a freak, and ran off, believing no one would miss her? Maybe she did that because she took offense to her father's new lover, or they grew distant, or... or something."

He sighed and scratched his head. "I'm just trying to formulate a theory as to why she came down here in the first place. And this poem was written recently... Perhaps she's nearby?"

WinterCoat wrote:
SaizotheSixth wrote:
Nail frowns deeply, shaking his head. "Poems have never been my strong suit. I deal in the physical, not the abstract."

"Well, nobody can fault you for tryin'," she replied. "As long as we're all tryin', we'll get the job done."

Such optimism.

"Positive attitudes are an important part of any mission. I am, however, deeply disturbed over the contents of this letter."

He brought a solemn hand to his heart. "How could an esteemed member of Rattlewater hold such dark thoughts..? Our dear home should not house such unhapiness..."

The American Dream

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Positive attitudes are an important part of any mission. I am, however, deeply disturbed over the contents of this letter."

He brought a solemn hand to his heart. "How could an esteemed member of Rattlewater hold such dark thoughts..? Our dear home should not house such unhapiness..."

"Even the nicest lookin' home can have problems with it, whether it be in the foundation or any additions to it. I figure that much is evident here. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows in Rattlewater, it seems."

"'Dizzy' and her mother seem to be referred to separately in the poem. Maybe that was some sort of nickname for Ms. Gardner, and she's implying this place would be like her grave? That might also add up if she felt unloved by her father..." Micah seemed a little shaken at the thought. She started looking around at the rest of the place.
Signature loading, please wait...

WinterCoat wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Even the nicest lookin' home can have problems with it, whether it be in the foundation or any additions to it. I figure that much is evident here. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows in Rattlewater, it seems."

"Of course. Such is natural."

*SLAM*

"...My efforts are to purge these problems. It is unfortunate this situation arose before I was present," Ivan added, baton in his hand.

The American Dream

Brandy shook her head at Ivan and went off to begin her own little investigation of the area, listening to Shizune's written suggestion and approaching the large, conspicuous rocks.

"Hmm..."

She kicked one of them.

"Ow!"

It hurt.

"Let's see..."

She pressed her entire body up against one to move it.

"GGRRHRHRHRHHHHHGGG-"

It did not move.

Following Brandy's lead, Klifford approached the rocks as well and tapped one of them. Yup, it's a rock alright.

"Hmm..." He taps it again. It's still just a rock.

Looking at the rocks, it seems like they seem to cover some collapsed part of the cave. They are far too difficult to move, most of them being trapped under bigger, more massive rocks. The appearance of them is somewhat foreboding, like the cave sealed itself off from outsiders.

The American Dream

"How strange," Brandy said while observing the rocks more closely. "I ain't never seen anythin' like this. It doesn't look like we can do much 'bout this rocks."

"What a shame...if my men were here, we'd surely be able to scale these rocks down by force."

He slammed his baton against the rocks s couple of times just in case.

The clacking of the baton uselessly against the rock rings out across the cave.

Even after Ivan stops though, the clacking continues for a while. Most of the others don't notice the mid-sized rock that Ivan seems to have dislodged itself and is tumbling down the pile, almost in retaliation.

Just a guy online.

"... Sir Ivan, may I make a suggestion to you and Sir Matt? If not adding Sir Daniel to the mix."

Nail pointed at the rock tumbling down.

"Perhaps we should move first, though." And he was the first to take his own advice, moving back a bit just to make sure he didn't get hurt in the process.

"My ears are open," Ivan said to Nail, whilst also moving away just a tad.

Just another day.

Matt hadn't heard what had been said and stood there till the rock landed on his foot.

"fu...son of a...damn shitty ass rock...
Matt proceeded to pick it up and toss it as far away as he could.

Just a guy online.

"Given that a couple raps of your baton were enough to destabilize at least a small chunk of the pile, I believe an interesting course of action would be to repeat said actions with additional manpower." Nail gestured to Matt. "As we have at least three persons here who are capable of, shall we say, brute forcing their way through several places, a sufficient application of the same idea should work to make the rest of this fall out of our way... or at least enough of it so we can pass."

"Say no more," Ivan nodded. "If brute strength is the answer, then I shall not hold back!"

*SLAM!*

Ivan turned to the group.

"Mrs. Church seems to possess an appropriate amount of strength as well."

He tapped his baton against his forehead. "Three people should be plenty, however. If this wall of rocks were to dismantle themselves inappropriately, then we should minimize the potential damages."

He approached the wall, waiting for any others who wished to help to join him.

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Say no more," Ivan nodded. "If brute strength is the answer, then I shall not hold back!"

*SLAM!*

Ivan turned to the group.

"Mrs. Church seems to possess an appropriate amount of strength as well."

He tapped his baton against his forehead. "Three people should be plenty, however. If this wall of rocks were to dismantle themselves inappropriately, then we should minimize the potential damages."

He approached the wall, waiting for any others who wished to help to join him.

Under normal circumstances he might call this stupid and walk away but after the rock had fallen on his leg he was singing a different tune...
"Why not cause fuck these rocks and everything they stand for." Matt grabbed out his wrench and began hitting the area as much as he could.

Ivan begins climbing a boulder to get up to a spot to loosen more rocks, gesturing for the others to follow him. Matt grumbles and hoists himself as well. Nail looks up with a perplexed expression.

"... But where exactly did that rock fall from?"

The three look for more loose rocks or anything, but there's seemingly no spot from which the rock fell. Perhaps it was positioned in such a way as to be perfectly balanced on the ledge of a boulder, just waiting for someone to draw near so it could drop.

Regardless, the three work for a while, trying to figure out how to move the stones. They reach between cracks a couple of times taking rocks out and put as much force as possible into moving some of the ones that were over a ton, tiring themselves out.

Charlie yawns, "Can we hit the hay already? This is boring."

Ivan hops down, "I suppose we could use some rest."

Matt gives a rock a few final hits with his wrench, clearly dissatisfied. Nail stares at the boulders, thoughts visibly swirling in his head.

"Let's take the other path this time. There's sure to be something interesting," Micah insists, her eyes shimmering with something.

"I don't know about that. We should just take the path we're familiar with since we're all so tired," Sebastian protests, showing clear discomfort with the idea.

Ivan nods his head as he hears Micah's words, "We should at least check it out to see if anything dangerous is there."

Most people seem to agree with Ivan and the group decides to check out the other tunnel. As they get close, they can see the rocky tunnel is filled with stone stalagmites, like hundreds of rows of sharp teeth, line the floor and ceiling of this tunnel. It gives the impression of walking into the maw of a hideous beast. Each stone structure casts a dark, dancing shadow behind the light of the flashlights. As they look down the tunnel, someone catches a glimpse of some dark mass sitting between the teeth.

fella

"Does, ah, does anyone else happen to see that?" Oliver asked the others, pointing at the dark mass sitting between the teeth-like structures.

"...Shall I reach out and poke at it?" Ivan joked.

Ivan and Oliver catch just enough of a glimpse of the thing...

It's the corpse of a middle-aged man.

The skin is blotchy and glistens sickeningly. Patches of bright red look like they sit right below the surface. Other parts are a glossy, white, bone-like color. His eyes are permanently wide open, a look of horror sitting in the plastic-looking cerulean eyes. Tufts of brown hair lay under his head. The front of his working clothes are covered with loads of dry blood. His position is unnatural, his back bent at an uncomfortable angle.

It's a treacherous place to die, that's for sure. The stones next to him all look rather clean and white though.

fella

Oliver squinted his eyes to try and see whatever that figure was, and once he saw that it was a corpse, he jumped back about ten feet and let out a shrill, rather high-pitched shriek. "T-T-That's a d-dead body!" he stammered before swallowing a bit of bile that built up in his throat due to seeing such a horrific sight.

"..!"

Ivan recoiled at the sudden sight of a dead body, instinctively pulling out his baton. Holding it in front of him as if it would shield him, he used his free hand to motion towards the others.

"Everyone..! Get away!"

He moved in a bit closer to take a better look. He seemed unnaturally fixated over this dead body -- even considering his status as the Chief of Police and the likelihood that he's relatively used to corpses.

"...T-This is..."

Backing up a bit, he clutched his forehead. His eyes and body were unmoving as if he were entranced by the sight of a dead man.

"...What is this feeling...I can't shake..?" he whispered to himself. "It all feels so...familiar...w-what is this..?"

After a few more surprising moments of shock, he shook himself awake and regained a portion of his composure.

"A-Alright, everyone, I don't need to remind you that we are still under the jurisdiction of Rattlewater! As the Chief of Police, I request that you leave me to examine this...situation... a bit closer..! And I hope I don't need to remind you that any inappropriate action..."

*SLAM!*

"...will be met with great reprimand..!"

Ciro looks at the corpse from afar, surprise in his eyes.

“Is this the father? Who did this, surely not Enola?”

Shy guy

Seb stared blankly at the corpse. His only reaction seemed to be becoming more cold and detached, somehow. What he felt about the discovery was largely indecipherable.

"So Carrie was right then... this path did lead to death."

He brought his cloth mask up, perhaps for hygiene reasons, and turned to the others. "Does anyone recognise him? I have a feeling I've seen him in Rattlewater before. Perhaps Ciro is right?"

The American Dream

"Oh, sweet Jesus," Brandy muttered. "This ain't right. I'm used to wanderin' into tombs and graves but this..."

The treasure hunter couldn't take her gaze off the corpse.

"This is the result of somethin' evil. I can feel it. Somethin' ain't right with these caves," she said. "Between this, the poem, and those rocks in the other tunnel... it jus' don't sit right with me."

She then turned to Seb to answer his question. "I personally don't recognize 'im. But yeah, maybe Ciro is onto somethin'. It all fits together too well to be a coincidence."

Carrie let out a horrifying scream. She jumped across several stalactites, perching on top of them like a gargoyle. As she got closer to the corpse she looked at it closely. “Must be Elona. Caves are happy place. Now that Elona is here she bring evil with her.”

Charlie stood there, half behind a stalagmite, staring at the corpse with wide eyes.

"... Okay, we should go back now." she eventually calmed down enough to say. "I mean, the poem, now this, it's a pretty clear message as far as I see it! Enola doesn't want to be found! We should go back!"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel takes a look at the body from afar. Even he can't hide that it's not a pleasure seeing a body.

"A hard loss for Rattlewater, I'm sure. Either way, this is a hint that we're likely going in the right direction. Even if this person is dead, they can still be helpful. We still have a mission to complete, soldier." The last sentence is said while looking at Charlie. "We cannot go back now, even if you're afraid. Our unit must persevere."

Last edited by Datamatt on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"A 'mission to complete'...? Are you crazy?!" she pointed at the dead body. It was still dead. Thank God. "There's a dead guy in here! This is a job for the police! I say, 'screw the mission, let's go home'!"

Shizune calmed her shaking long enough to type a letter and timidly held it out to Ivan.

Code:
Dear Mr. Ivanov,

Have there been any other reports of missing people in Rattlewater aside from Miss Gardner?

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

The American Dream

DootDootDoot wrote:
"A 'mission to complete'...? Are you crazy?!" she pointed at the dead body. It was still dead. Thank God. "There's a dead guy in here! This is a job for the police! I say, 'screw the mission, let's go home'!"

“Charlie,” Brandy said with a serious tone. “We’re here to do a job, and gosh darn it we’re gonna do it. As long as we stick together, we’ll be able to see it through.”

She put her hand on the girl’s shoulder. “Don’t you worry ‘bout nothin’, I’ve got your back, ya hear? I know you ain’t a quitter, right?”

Lavender's expression becomes somber upon seeing the corpse. "What a cruel way to perish...I can only hope this man is in a better place now. I shudder to think of what pain he suffered..."

She then addresses Charlie. "No. If anything, this should motivate us even more. There is evil in this place...It is our duty to find it and stop it."

Just another day.

Matt Stared a good while at the body.
"Poor basterd died in a shithole like this, just aint no way to go."
Matt paused for a bit longer...before cracking open a beer and drinking it all in one go.

"Well thats enough of that mourning over someone I dont know crap." Matt walked away to a corner.

WinterCoat wrote:
“Charlie,” Brandy said with a serious tone. “We’re here to do a job, and gosh darn it we’re gonna do it. As long as we stick together, we’ll be able to see it through.”

She put her hand on the girl’s shoulder. “Don’t you worry ‘bout nothin’, I’ve got your back, ya hear? I know you ain’t a quitter, right?”

"... Alright, I guess. If that's what you think." she answered, already looking calmer than before. "I mean, if you're here, then I guess there's no danger."

"But if we find Enola crouched in a room with the walls scratched full of creepy poems, rocking back and forth holding a knife and whispering about murder, I'm out. Just so you know."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Shizune calmed her shaking long enough to type a letter and timidly held it out to Ivan.

Code:
Dear Mr. Ivanov,

Have there been any other reports of missing people in Rattlewater aside from Miss Gardner?

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

"...I...perhaps..."

After a few more odd deliberations, he shook his head.

"...No, I do not recall anything at this time..."

''Normally when you find a dead body, it's your duty to report it to the authorities," said Ciro, rubbing his chin. "We have one here, yes. Should we not go back and report this to the mayor? There is clearly something dangerous going on here, and he would not want something to happen to his treasured citizens. This is no longer a job for us, this is for the special forces. Let them investigate the scene of the crime, we have more than good of a reason to head back now."

"..!"

He banged his baton against the wall of the cave, sending out a shockwave of sound. Perhaps he realized something?

"...This man...is likely Mr. Gardner," Ivan said, his voice calm but his face angry. "I saw him...maybe a few weeks ago...there is no doubt in my mind, anymore."
Page 12 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus