Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 38 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Don't know if this counts as a vent, but it is something that is causing me some distress and I want to express:

I miss the old CR and I hate what it's turned into. I'm sad about what it's become, I'm sad about all the good people who left, and I'm angry that it's more important to literally police speech on an Ace Attorney forum rather than keep it active. King of the ashes, etc etc.

This is probably my last time here.

Gettin' Old!

Sorry to hear DeMata.

I dunno what there is to expect though, games come out slower and slower and the fandom moves on. Plus I think the rise of communities like Reddit create other places where people can share their joy and love of Ace Attorney.

At the least I can say I appreciate the time I've met and spent with people here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

High level play

DeMatador wrote:
This is probably my last time here.

Good night, sweet prince. You will be missed.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Holy crap, I had a panic attack so terrifying tonight for apparently no reason at all. Shivers, trembling, palpitations, racing thoughts and all this stuff. Terrible. Thought I was losing control, becoming completely manic/psychotic or something of the sort. But it was just anxiety. Took a small dose of Alprazolam, and even then could only sleep 5-6 hours.

I’m worried because it has been YEARS since I don’t feel “completely out of control anxiety” like this. I’m feeling much better now, though, and plan to talk about it with my psychiatrist in my next appointment on the 17th.

Also, I’ve been through some stress lately. Last week my father went through a risky, long and complex surgery. He is fine, but I probably repressed a lot during the time he was hospitalized and I was there with him.

In Justice We Trust

DeMatador wrote:
I miss the old CR and I hate what it's turned into. I'm sad about what it's become, I'm sad about all the good people who left, and I'm angry that it's more important to literally police speech on an Ace Attorney forum rather than keep it active. King of the ashes, etc etc.

You and me both. I'm well aware that the forum's a lot less active than it used to be. I'm always open to suggestions on how to revitalize the forum, but I'm not sure what (if anything) can be done. The redesign will hopefully get us more attention, especially in the fanworks department, but I think at the end of the day, Ace Attorney just doesn't capture people's interest to the same extent that it did in its heyday. As fond as I am of the Ace Attorney games, I do worry that the developers are running out of ideas. There are only so many possible interesting variations on a murder case that you can do, and once you throw in overarching plots that extend beyond one case, spectacle creep can become an issue (case in point: where do you go after your protagonists have dethroned the ruler of a country?) in addition to the aforementioned problem of needing ideas for individual cases. Of course, online social interactions being what they are, the forum's activity (or lack thereof) creates a sort of internal feedback loop; people come here to socialize, and the fewer people there are, the less socializing there is, which makes it harder for the forum to retain anyone's interest, which in turn drives users away.

I can't say I'm fond of "policing speech," either (see my own recent vent), especially when doing so can end up angering multiple users, but that is part of the staff's job. People who have an issue with where we draw the line between "acceptable" and "forbidden" are always free to say so, provided they aren't doing so in a manner that violates the "be cool" rule.
I'll always love you, Max.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

I just had my wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday - all four. The surgery went well and all, I recovered quickly from the anaesthetic, but now my mouth's all swollen and a bit painful and bloody. I really don't fell 100% at all. I definitely need a LOT of rest...
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

I've felt worse.

I'm been rewriting multiple paragraphs trying to say what I'm about to say, but at that rate I'm never going to say it, so I'm just going to put it here no bells and whistles attached.

I'm nonbinary.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Noted and good on you for working up to getting that out.

You got preferred terms you'd like to go by?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

They/them
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

Got it. Come to think of it, our current gender system for profiles could use an update. I'll run the matter by the rest of the staff and we'll see if we can make it more accommodating.

Edit: Doesn't appear to be an option, unfortunately.
I'll always love you, Max.

What's a Court Records?

I don't normally post the details of what's going on in my personal life, but things really do suck. First of all, I keep failing in college so I've gotten to a point where I can't take any more classes unless I wait a year and even then my chances of getting back in aren't very high. Whenever I do fail, I just end up with my dad yelling at me and then it turns into a back and forth between the two of us, usually with me pulling hair out. And my dad has the nerve to claim I wasn't even trying. If I hadn't even been trying I wouldn't have shown up to class during the week I was sick, and there was an assignment I was required to physically be present for two days and if I missed any of those days, I'd pretty much be screwed for that assignment. Since stuff like this has happened multiple times before, I've honestly started to feel even more depressed then I was before. Because of this, I feel a lot less motivated to do anything. To make things worse, I don't actually have a real job right now and my parents love to shove that fact in my face. Just tonight, I was relaxing like everyone else was at home and was in voice chat with a few friends on Discord while playing a video game and my mom walks in and wants to pick a fight with me because someone we both know had written and published a book and she asks me why I'm not doing stuff like that. As I said before, I'm not feeling motivated to do stuff but like usual, she blames video games and says it's because I'm playing them all time even though I play them a hell of a lot less that I used to. My parents have a really bad habit of making me feel like crap, but even if I explain it to them it goes right over their heads. I know this because I've tried more than once. My mom may have come in to have a talk with me one day after a sermon at church about parenting and talking about how she knows she's not the best part but the next time that happens I'm really not gonna want to hear it because I know damn well she'll go back to being the same terrible person she's always been. I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't know what I should do or even what I want to do most of time and my parents aren't really helping out. Just making me feel even worse.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Gettin' Old!

Generally trying and failing to keep it together. Maniacal laughing/crying in the shower at how stupid I am. Can't decide what value anything has for me anymore. Not having a good time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

(I'm taking this out. If you saw it you are one of the lucky few.)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Damnit D: I was too slow!

(Hope you're alright PB)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

^I hope everything's going fine.

ASCEND

Thanks, guys. I'll be fine though. I mainly removed it cause I thought I was overreacting.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

My boyfriend's job and the management there are a fucking joke. He works at a warehouse that refurbishes parking meters. They take them apart, clean them up, paint them, and the good ones get bought.
Lately his duties have been lacking because he, and the other workers, NEVER have the parts they need. Instead of ordering parts and having them ready they spend 20k on a robot, that's now collecting dust by the way. So they are always behind and ask Karim, and other workers, to come in Saturdays so they meet deadlines.
First of all, that ain't their fault. YOU should provide them with the parts they need. That's your job after all. What a joke.
Secondly, because you can't provide the parts they need, the workers need to go through older machines and try to find parts that look passable to use. Which doesn't always work. He just told me that he was indirectly yelled at because the machines he built on Monday didn't pass QA. BUT there was a machine that did pass QA that had a sizable hole covered behind tape. Are you serious?
So today my boyfriend tells me why they are lacking in parts.... and I am actually quite livid.
Lately they don't have the parts they need because the boss... get this... the boss is having the warehouse that supplies the parts fix his fucking car. He's taking work away from his own employees for his own vanity A-FUCKING-GAIN.
Oh, the boss has even asked a coworker to wash his car at some point too. I am so done.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Idol of Polar Bears

I am so fucking over this missed-time-clock-punch-at-work spell I'm going through. Every time the bell rings for lunch I just lose my train of thought on everything and zero in on getting the break room ASAP. This is the second day in a row and third time in the past five days that I've missed my punch out to lunch only to realize the fact 10-15 minutes later. HR is most likely gonna make my team lead do a face-to-face with me tomorrow even though he knows I'm a hard and reliable worker.

Oh, and a fuck these random spats of mass shootings lately. I wish our alien progenitors would just come and kill every last one of us already.

Gettin' Old!

Ugh had a sad dream about my ex last night. We were hanging out and having a great time but then we couldn't hold hands together and now that's left a foul feeling in my stomach as I start the day.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Ugh had a sad dream about my ex last night. We were hanging out and having a great time but then we couldn't hold hands together and now that's left a foul feeling in my stomach as I start the day.

I normally don't reply to vents/rants because some people prefer to just vent and nothing more, but I've been through a break up after dating someone for years and I know exactly what you're talking about. Sadly I felt that void feeling while still in a relationship. It just died. Anyway, I'm rambling... I'm sorry to hear that. It gets worse before it gets better. I know it hurts now, but eventually you'll learn to cope with the void left behind. It just takes time. I hope you'll be okay.

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I normally don't reply to vents/rants because some people prefer to just vent and nothing more, but I've been through a break up after dating someone for years and I know exactly what you're talking about. Sadly I felt that void feeling while still in a relationship. It just died. Anyway, I'm rambling... I'm sorry to hear that. It gets worse before it gets better. I know it hurts now, but eventually you'll learn to cope with the void left behind. It just takes time. I hope you'll be okay.

Yeah I know thanks. It's just a bad day and that dream really shook me. If I can step back I know me and my ex do still get on really well which probably makes it harder as well. It's just a matter of changing how the love between us manifests, it'll still be there but it can't be romantic. She's still my best friend, I can write off today.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Ah low moments right now.

The thing about the breakup is that suddenly I gotta be aware that I'm not someone's most important person.

A lotta the time it's the case where unless someone wants something specific from me, they won't contact me. The exception to this rule was my ex. She'd actively seek out me for company and that felt special.

Maybe this silence is normal? Maybe it's just not something I'm used to now that our relationship is different. It's probably just cause I'm on Nightshift so of course there's few folks to talk to.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Ah low moments right now.

The thing about the breakup is that suddenly I gotta be aware that I'm not someone's most important person.

A lotta the time it's the case where unless someone wants something specific from me, they won't contact me. The exception to this rule was my ex. She'd actively seek out me for company and that felt special.

Maybe this silence is normal? Maybe it's just not something I'm used to now that our relationship is different. It's probably just cause I'm on Nightshift so of course there's few folks to talk to.

I've also worked nightshifts so I get where your coming from. Its hard to find opportunities to get in contact with your friends and familiy with the exception of weekends. Combining that with a relationship could easily result in a status quo where friends/family do something and you can't join them.

If this is the case then the initiative should come from you. Get in contact with the people you want to hang out with and message them that either you got time and need to talk or even set a specific time and date to meet them. Once you reach out to people they usually start reaching out to you

I realise that this is quite difficult when you're at a low point. Take care dude.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Oh, good. I have to keep sticking to being forced to work nightshifts, despite them being bad for my mental health.
Sometimes you gotta go with Professor Umbridge to prevent Voldemort? Well, maybe Voldemort (ie. KILLING MYSELF) has a better solution.

Really, sometimes it feels like my mom cannot empathize or understand the degree of how this stuff affects me mentally. She's one of those lucky people that, so far in her life, never once felt compelled to commit suicide.

CatMuto wrote:
Oh, good. I have to keep sticking to being forced to work nightshifts, despite them being bad for my mental health.
Sometimes you gotta go with Professor Umbridge to prevent Voldemort? Well, maybe Voldemort (ie. KILLING MYSELF) has a better solution.

Really, sometimes it feels like my mom cannot empathize or understand the degree of how this stuff affects me mentally. She's one of those lucky people that, so far in her life, never once felt compelled to commit suicide.

At least you have a job and won't have to sell all your possessions or worse... but you're right, night shifts can really suck. My mum (or was it my Dad?) told me that "you never get used to a night shift".

I don't know what to say that will help, so just don't give up. There will be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

The light was that I was let go.
So, you were technically right. I don't have to worry about any more nightshifts.

PS: WHY does it keep saying my IP has been blocked for spam stuff? This has happened for the past two or three weeks. I get blocked from posting for almost a week. And it says the only ways to fix this are either to change my provider (good luck with that; I'm not the one making the decision of the internet provider) or to PAY MONEY?? What is this crap?!

Well... it finally happened. My art has been improving a lot lately and I'm now branded as an official NSFW artist. Sadly my art, even MAJORLY censored, is too spicy for Facebook and they banned me for a week. Funnily enough I've seen actual porn, dead bodies, torture, animal deaths, and nude art all over Facebook, but they're fine. People think that someone is reporting my art, but that's not the case. My art gets flagged as soon as I post them so it's an automated thing. It flags some art and not others. Either way, it's annoying. So now I have to wipe the dust off of my Twitter and post my art there because they're more lenient with NSFW content. This has never happened to me before. I've never been censored like this. It's just down right disrespectful at this point.
I got banned for drawing titties meanwhile real titties are all over Facebook. Lmao. Ok.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah that sucks Dawn :( especially if it's an automated process that hurts all your art. I hope it doesn't eat into your commissions?

But I think you've still done great at building a name for yourself and improving your art!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Honestly, I hate living in a house where I don't have to do anything to get in trouble. Half the time, all I gotta do is breathe. And then there are all those times I (or my brother) do chores around the house, no matter how hard we work on them or how much time we spend, we always got SOMEONE claiming we didn't do the things we worked our asses on.
Why am I even here?

Pierre wrote:
Yeah that sucks Dawn :( especially if it's an automated process that hurts all your art. I hope it doesn't eat into your commissions?

But I think you've still done great at building a name for yourself and improving your art!

It hurt a bit but I have a backup account on Facebook to keep in contact with people thankfully. :edgey:
Censorship really sucks tho. I really hate what FB has become lately.

What's a Court Records?

Normally I'd be happy to see a lot of activity on here, but it's all the work of a spam bot...
Why am I even here?

Happy Maria

Well at least you know where to go to if you're in need of any Canadian casinos.

What's a Court Records?

At least they're not asking for sex this time.
Why am I even here?

Obviously, nobody that designs furniture has ever had pets.

The cape is self-fluttering

CatMuto wrote:
Obviously, nobody that designs furniture has ever had pets.

Does wicker count? :shoe:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I just want to say: fuck my life. I have to be some kind of error made by existence.

I feel completely broken beyond repair. I can’t forgive myself for making everyone around me having to put up with my bulls*** and I can’t forgive myself for all my wasted opportunities.

I am trying really hard to have some faith right now, but I feel so inherently fucked up and bad and hopeless and selfish and unstable and whimsical that I can’t see any positivity ahead. I will always fuck up everything.

I just wish I could be someone else. Really. Another face, another brain. People are fucking wonderful. What’s so wrong with me that I can’t be like them?

Like I can’t even express the amount of self-hatred I’m feeling right now. And reading this makes me feel so pathetic and melodramatic lol. I’m ridiculous.

Gettin' Old!

Hey Thelema you wanna talk about this proper? I hate seeing you suffering like this but I don't know the full score and would want to hear you out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

What is it with most of the drivers nowadays?! I understand that not all drivers are bad, but I'm actually talking about those that decided to be a jerk on the road. I actually encounter one such jerk driver.

Today, my Mom and I went out to lunch, so we took my Mom's Jeep and went out to the place that we agreed on eating at the other day. Anyway, we were at a stop light, and we're behind this driver. When the light turned green, the driver didn't go for some reason. Then the driver got going, only for us to be stopped by the red light. The driver timed it right so we would end up getting forced to stop at the red light. It ticked both my Mom and I off as we talked about it shortly after it happened. The driver chose to be a jerk to us by pulling that trick.

There. That's the end of my small venting about jerk drivers. I know I shouldn't mention it, but I gotten vent about it so...

The cape is self-fluttering

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
What is it with most of the drivers nowadays?! I understand that not all drivers are bad, but I'm actually talking about those that decided to be a jerk on the road. I actually encounter one such jerk driver.

Today, my Mom and I went out to lunch, so we took my Mom's Jeep and went out to the place that we agreed on eating at the other day. Anyway, we were at a stop light, and we're behind this driver. When the light turned green, the driver didn't go for some reason. Then the driver got going, only for us to be stopped by the red light. The driver timed it right so we would end up getting forced to stop at the red light. It ticked both my Mom and I off as we talked about it shortly after it happened. The driver chose to be a jerk to us by pulling that trick.

There. That's the end of my small venting about jerk drivers. I know I shouldn't mention it, but I gotten vent about it so...

Trust me, I could rant all day about bad drivers...

As much as they sucked before, I think smartphones have made it much worse.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Hanzo Shimada wrote:

What an ASSHOLE! They genuinely wanted to cause you so much trouble! Hope he gets booked for being a nuisance!
As if the snobs that Dad keeps pointing out aren't bad enough!

Page 38 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices