Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 74 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 5 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

"The door would still have moved a little even with the dresser pressed against it, which means the dresser was not used in such a way."

"You would suspect me of hiding the cause of death, really?"

He looks the opposite of innocent. Most accurately, he looks conniving as he says this.

Shy guy

"So if not the dresser, then it must have been someone pushing up against it?" Seb said. "Though how would they have even known to do so at that time? Unlike Oliver at the window, no-one inside the room would have been able to see Enola coming, unless they just listened out for her I suppose."

[They could have been heard turning the knob, though there would not have been a lot of time to do something about it. Holding the window closed is sufficient.]

ASCEND

"I doubt Nail intended for me to walk in on him," Enola said, pacing around the edge of the trial area. "So most likely the house caving in caused the door to open..."

"I think Nail, or possibly Daniel, simply shoved something between the door and the frame in just the right place to jam it shut. Then the force of the boxes hitting the floor unintentionally dislodged it. The pliers seem like the most likely candidate for what could have been used..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"There is an alternative I can think of," Seb said. "With how tall he is in 'Nail' form, he might be able to simply hold both the window and the door shut all by himself. Possibly by reaching out with one foot for the door. After all, we didn't find anything strange in the room that could be used instead, but Nail was in that room. The pliers might work, but, it might leave a mark on the frame..."

"How would I know my foot was on the door in the dark?" He asks, somewhat sarcastically.

"I suppose I should admit it though. I was the one who used the magic circles. I caused the blackout for... a certain reason. In addition I wandered around in the darkness using night vision, which is how I knew who Enola was as she entered... among other things."

ASCEND

"Is it possible Nail was helping Daniel the whole time? He's the only one who seemed to be doing anything important...and judging by that newspaper he might have only been trying to save himself.

"I'm not sure why he would have wound up dead though...or why Nail would have faked the crime scene to frame Oliver. Especially since the only thing ruining the illusion was the fact that Daniel left early...Nail should have known that.

"It might be easier to consider who that set-up benefited, if anyone."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

ASCEND

"The only point I can discern for the blackout is to make Brandy notice the book and activate the trap..." Enola said, "That might mean she was someone's intended victim, such as Daniel. Thanks to the book and her horrific screaming, she was the only person who could have been easily found in the darkness too."

"Unfortunately, that doesn't leave much purpose for the teapot mechanism besides a meaningless distraction...and Daniel somehow wound up the victim instead."

The American Dream

"I s'pose it's true I might've been the intended victim," Brandy agreed. "But, who the Hell has it out for me? What would've been the point in killin' me over anyone else?"

"I wonder if the teapot mechanism is a meaningless distraction. Let's say someone knew about it and how it worked. Might that give them some sort of upper hand when the lights went out? I could have found a way to quietly bring the trap to someone's attention and ignited their imagination. Clearly the real killer had quite a diabolical scheme."

He waits, eagerly anticipating the next deduction.

Shy guy

"We need a weapon for whatever caused Daniel's injuries. It would have gotten bloody," Seb said. "So with that... Enola, you're going to need to tell us what happened between you and Ivan in the living room. I'd like to potentially rule out Ivan's baton being a murder weapon."

"...Excuse me, but if I may interject. I believe the two of us both agreed it was a non-essential part of this case. Whatever happened between the two of us...was relatively private."

Shy guy

Seb seemed to back down at Ivan's interjection. That was probably why he asked Enola over him to begin with. "Well, at the very least we should examine the baton..." he mumbled.

Ivan stood silently, thinking for a minute.

"...Very well."

He gave up his baton for examining.

It is a telescoping, metal baton. It looks incredibly dangerous, like it could puncture kneecaps. It has traces of blood on it which shows it's clearly been used on someone today.

Of course, Ivan himself still looks very injured from bitemarks and scratch marks.

Shy guy

"...Well, I can certainly hazard a guess as to what happened," Seb commented, before sighing. "Unfortunately we still can't rule out the baton being used on Daniel, just as we can't rule out the rolling pin. They ostensibly got blood on them from other sources, but nothing's stopping them from also getting blood on them from Daniel.

"Still, is there anything else that could have been used to give Daniel those injuries? Ideally if there's something with blood on which we can't explain by anything else, that would be it. However I don't think there is anything like that, we searched everywhere."

"No."

"Which of the two of them will you vote for then? Which one of them do you think broke down and did it? Does it hurt to know that maybe Oliver or Ivan did this or is it about what you expected?"

ASCEND

"The key has to lie somewhere in that fucking lamp cord," Enola said, "But I'm still at a complete loss.There seems to be no logical reason for Nail to have glued Daniel's hand shut, so he probably used the glue himself...I guess those pliers might be involved somehow."

"Okay, this game has been very fun, but things are wrapping up, aren't they? Isn't it sad to see that it's all almost over?"

He gives His best attempt at a sorrowful face, but it seems simply unreal on His visage.

"Somebody knew about the mechanism of the ceiling trap I made other than myself."

Shy guy

"I'm still struggling to see how this all fits together, so I'm just going to take a punt at it. It's not my preferred style, but I'm out of options," Seb said. "Imagining the scene now... Daniel went up to the lamp, grabbed the cord and got stuck. The killer sneaks in via the window and kills him while he's semi-incapacitated, his screams masked by the whistling teapot. The killer leaves, then Nail comes in. He blocks the window and the door, preventing Oliver and/or Enola from discovering the scene. After the heavy boxes crashed through the ceiling however, he let Enola in. It was still dark, she didn't see Daniel and just went to bed. Then Nail cut Daniel free, moved him into the bed as well and left the room."

ASCEND

"Is this one of those things where we have to rack our brains over which asshole did or said something stupid that proves they killed him!"

Enola rubbed her forehead. "Let me think about it..."

The American Dream

"I think if it was one of those things we'd have solved this by now..." Brandy muttered in response to Enola. "But, who knows? Maybe you're right."

ASCEND

"I can't think of anything," Enola mumbled, "Other than some not really conclusive stuff, like Oliver leaving the house..."

Also, the pliers were probably just used to cut the cord off the lamp...so I don't think they're particular important. The glue and lamp cord are still what actually matters."

"If the lamp cord had glue on it, it would certainly snare a person virtually in place."

He looks eagerly on.

"So what now? Will you get it right? Or wrong?"

ASCEND

"I guess we should go back and see if Oliver made any indication that he knew about the teapot mechanism in advance," Enola said, "Though I...don't remember him saying much of anything."

ASCEND

"I guess it's weird that Oliver didn't even try to turn off the teapot," Enola said, "Or notice the complete chaos that was happening in the exact same room as him...but I'm pretty sure he already claimed he just got scared and ran off."

ASCEND

"If we go off the idea that Daniel was stuck to the lamp when he died..." Enola said, "Then whoever killed him might have cut him off the wall with the pliers and then stuffed him in the dresser. That way...he wasn't harmed further in the crash...and it explains why the dresser was a mess."

"Also I guess that broke his ankles somehow, I dunno..."

"Daniel wouldn't fit in the dresser. In fact, as long as he wasn't on the bed, the crash would not have touched him."

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

"Ah...I see," she mumbled.

Enola suddenly turned around and walked out of the trial room without hesitation.

The American Dream

"Oh, well, there she goes, I guess..."

ASCEND

Enola shuffled back into the room a little awkwardly.

"Sorry," she mumbled, "I was taking a shit."

"Anyway, I'm getting fed up with this...We're just barely treading water here, so I think we could use one of the lifelines. Climax Reasoning...is the only one left, I guess? What does that even mean? Who came up with these names...?"

"Whatever. I'll even do it...All those in favor?" She raised her hand.

Shy guy

Seb shrugged and raised his hand. "It would be nice to get some confirmation on some of these rather vague points."

Happy Maria

The group suddenly realises they're all cowards and vote for Enola to do a Climax Reasoning.

"Hmph, you chose her out of everyone here?" He smirks. "Truly pathetic. I thought you were supposed to be the rescue team here, but now it's the girl rescuing you all from death. Such a shame..." He takes great pleasure in mocking the others.

"Shut the fuck up, you idiot", Enola says irritably but with very little effort. "I'm going to straighten out this case once and for all, and you're not gonna stop me here."

She puts her finger to her forehead, much like a great genius would. "Let's do this shit. This... this is how the case went down!" She announces.

ASCEND

"Alright...let's start with the investigation. I know Lucifer did a lot of shit beforehand, but no one cares about Him."

1. At 10:05, everyone goes their separate ways.
2. Daniel begins a cursory investigation. He finds the wedding picture and chooses to hold onto it, likely so he can scream at Nail later. While in the bathroom, Nail arranges his reading material, forming two magic circles. He uses one to possess an unfortunate recently de-tailed rat. Oliver begins cooking his tea, failing to realize there was a tiny marble in the spout.
3. The possessed rat bites through the power cord. Electricity surges through its body. Atropos cuts through a cord of her own. Night falls early upon the house.
4. As panic sets in, the teapot releases its charge. The marble knocks the can of oats onto the kitchen's loose floorboard. The dowel beneath it is released, causing acid to flow from the tipped jar at the other end and into the gouge.
5. A mystified and slightly foolish Daniel attempts to invoke light into the room once more. Unfortunately, the killer has coated the dowel of the lamp cord in glue. Daniel remains chained to the wall, the picture he found entombed within his hand.
6. Brandy gets fucked up by the trap in the library and begins screaming in agony.
7. The killer walks through the house, carefully listening for Brandy's cries. Upon hearing her, they use their knowledge of the house's floor plan to find the bedroom and enter. They call out to Daniel, inciting a response they can use to locate him.
8. The killer savagely beats Daniel to death with, err...Ivan's baton. Sure...
9. The acid weakens the roof enough to send boxes tumbling down. One of them lands on Daniel's outstretched legs, crushing them.
10. Nail activates his next circle - the night vision spell - and uses it to enter the bedroom. He tosses the books into the library on the way.
11. Oliver and I try to enter the bedroom simultaneously. He blocks us by stretching across the room like a fucking circus performer. Eventually I enter and...go to sleep.
12. Nail cuts Daniel from the lamp using the pliers and places him on the bed. He removes his hat, grabs the cable hanging loosely in the room, and torches Daniel's head.
13. Nail returns to the bathroom, feeling proud of himself, and shoves an entire banana up his ass.

Enola shrugged. "It's hardly perfect...but it's the best we've got."

Belphegor clears his throat and dusts himself off, sounding more archaic than usual, "I'll handle this one."

"ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR ARE CORRECT IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD."

"FIVE IS TRUE. SIX IS TRUE."

Belphegor's voice grows colder and more desolate.

"So, the next ones are the most important ones for you, I'm sure."

"SEVEN IS FALSE. THE KILLER USED NOISE TO MOVE, BUT THEY COULD NOT HAVE HEARD THE SCREAMING OF ANYBODY EXCEPT FOR THE TEAPOT."

"NINE IS FALSE. THE WOUNDS TO THE LEGS WERE INTENTIONAL, SO THAT DANIEL COULD NOT STAND. THEY WERE MADE WITH THE MURDER WEAPON."

"..."

"EIGHT IS TRUE, TEN IS TRUE, ELEVEN IS TRUE, AND TWELVE IS TRUE."

"THIRTEEN IS FALSE. NAIL WAS QUITE PROUD OF HIMSELF, BUT NOT PROUD ENOUGH TO SODOMIZE HIMSELF WITH ANY FRUIT."

"Well played," Belphegor claps. "It seems that the truth isn't very well hidden anymore."

Happy Maria

[Trial also ends like tomorrow so don't worry kiddos]

Ivan shut his eyes, tightly gripping his bloodied baton.

ASCEND

"So...that confirms it then?" Enola asked, "The murder weapon was Ivan's baton. And there's no way anyone else could have gotten that off him..."

"It's almost not even worth it trying to figure out the rest of this mystery. It's possible that Nail shouted at him, directing him to the bedroom...or maybe all he needed was the droning of the teapot." Enola added with a sigh. "Whatever..."

"But Ivan, you...hitting me with the baton...Was that just to cover up for your future crime?"

"Why...? Why was this even necessary?" she asked, trembling. "Your article...it was the only one without any trace of negativity..."

fella

Oliver narrowed his eyes at Ivan, biting his bottom lip so forcefully that it nearly drew blood. "Ivan..." he mumbled, looking thoroughly disappointed. "... So you're the culprit," he noted, looking down for a few moments before back up, staring directly at Ivan.

"Answer one thing for us. Why? Why did you do it? We just accomplished our mission to find Enola... what was the goddamned point of killing him?"

"Excuse me, but I have to say something. You wish to incriminate me for the crime..? Preposterous!"

Ivan raised his baton and slammed it in front of him, carrying all of the fake bravado and aggression that he possessed once he first embarked on the expedition.

"Let's say after my altercation with Ms. Gardner, I tossed aside my baton. Unlikely? Yes. But perhaps it's the truth. Someone who used...perhaps, a night vision spell, could see my baton through the darkness and make their way to kill Daniel."

"It was pitch black. There's no way I could have made my way to Daniel. How can you incriminate me unless you figure that out? By the by, if you want to say that I was led to him using the sound of the kettle...well, that wouldn't have led me to Daniel, would it?"

"...Let me hear your answer! Show me what the people of Rattlewater can do!"

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 74 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus