Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 18[ 684 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Re: Nonary Game 8: Trials & Tribulations (END)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

Jupiter END
A few days later…

Logan sighed as he stared at the TV screens. Even since he went missing a month ago, the bank had hired a temporary replacement to take his place as a security guard. But now that he was back at work, Logan knew that he was still cold and distant towards his new co-workers. He couldn’t help but think of what he had done in the Nonary Game and it had changed him.

During the Final Vote, when Logan was forced to decide who to vote for… Deep inside, the hatred towards the bank robbers won him over; causing Logan to vote for Nigel Rodgers, one of the two bank robbers. He knew that the bank robbers murdered both his best friends, Ethan Fairbanks and Andrew Grimes. When Logan saw Nigel die with his own eyes, he realized the truth about himself; he was just like Zero. He was consumed by the hatred towards the bank robbers, the same way that Zero felt. He didn’t want to admit his guilt in Nigel’s execution to the others, as they might treat him like a complete stranger, and perhaps a bad person.

Logan shakes his head. No, he’ll never be like Zero. If Ethan was still here, he’d say “Forget the past, just move forward.” But, Logan forgot that fact when he placed his vote for Nigel Rodgers. Still, he knew that he had to make up for what he has done. He looks towards the other co-workers. They were chatting away and Logan knew that he’ll have to make up to them in some way.

“Hey, Jasper?” Logan calls out to the co-workers. One of the two co-workers jumped when he heard his name being called. Jasper turns towards Logan, a confused look on his face.

“Hey, man. What has gotten into you?” Jasper asked, wondering what’s Logan’s deal is.. “When we first met, you were cold and distant towards Clark and me. And now, you just wanted to talk to us. What’s up with that?”

“Oh, it’s nothing personal. Thought I’d want to talk to someone and get to know them, that’s all.” Logan adjusted his glasses as he spoke. “Do you mind if I join in whatever conversation you’re having?”

Jasper looks towards the other co-worker. “Clark, should we?” Clark shrugged at the question. Jasper then looks back at Logan. “Alright… Now what was I talking about…?”

Sleeping is my life.

Virgo END
For the next few days, Harmony spent time with her mother and sister, catching up on what she missed in her household. Daisy has graduated from high school, and she’s planning on going to college. And with Bruno Newman out of the picture, their family can finally relax.

It was early in the afternoon when Harmony was seeing her family off as they have to head home. With Bruno Newman’s death, the family decided that they'll move into a smaller place. Harmony knew that she’ll be fine on her own, as she has her own apartment.

“Make sure you write a letter home so I’ll know what you’re up to nowadays.” Her mother chided her eldest daughter as she went over to stand by the car that she was going to use to head home.

“Make sure to come visit us!” Daisy exclaimed as she hugged Harmony.

“I’ll try to, Daisy.” Harmony replied as she ruffled Daisy’s hair with one hand. She was sad to see her go.

“Daisy… We don’t have all day.” Helen replied firmly as Daisy let go of Harmony. She runs off to her side. Both Helen and Daisy turns towards Harmony and gave her a wave, as if to say goodbye before they got into the car. Then the car headed off into the distance.

A few hours later at the Lone Star Bar…

“Another one, Stan!” Harmony exclaims drunkenly as she slams down a shot glass onto the counter.

“Already, madam?”, the bartender asks as he pours another shot of alcohol for the young woman to drink. “This is probably the twelfth shot that you drank so far. Maybe you should slow down on the drinking.”

Harmony flips him off before she grasps the shot glass in her hand. Stan begrudgingly sighs as he goes over to tend to some other customers who were at the bar. Harmony stares at the glass in her hands, as she thought about the Nonary Game; the game that forced her to meet her family after running away from home years ago. Zero gave her a chance to save her family from the demon that is her stepfather. Since she chose to execute her stepfather, she have been feeling better. She thought of Bruno, her stepfather. He seems like a nice guy, but it was a lie as Harmony realized now; It was a mask to hide the truth that he got anger issues. And frankly enough, she didn’t want to know why her stepfather have anger issues in the first place. She started laughing as she knew that he truly deserves what was coming to him.

“Is everything alright, madam?” Stan asks, concerned as he glances over to her side.

“Everythiiiiiiiing’s fiiiiiiiiiiine….” Harmony sings drunkenly as she downs her last shot glass. Then, not a moment later, she falls asleep at the bar. The bartender proceeds to ring a cab company with a sigh.

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Psi END
In the time that followed after the events of the Nonary Game, Theresa Jackson have been slowly putting herself back in her daily routine as a bank teller. Almost a month of being missing have affected her work slightly as her boss and co-workers were worried about her wellbeing. But when Theresa came back, they were glad to see her. They took her out to dinner to celebrate her return. Still, Theresa knew that there’s some matters she was hoping to get settled, one of them being her ex-boyfriend, Ronnie Glass.

It was early in the afternoon, several weeks later, that Theresa muttered up the courage to pay him a visit. As she waited patiently in the visitor’s room, she thought about what to say to him, especially since she was forced to meet him again after a month in the Nonary Game. She knew that Ronnie kept his word and turned himself and Giovanni Underwood over to the police.

“Ms. Jackson? He’s here.”

Theresa Jackson snapped back to reality upon hearing the guard’s voice. She watches as her ex-boyfriend, in an orange prison suit, walks into the room and then sat down on the chair opposite of her.

“Hey, Theresa.” Ronnie said the moment after he sat down. “How’re you holding up?”

“I-I’m fine, I guess.” Theresa replied, not wanting to look at him. “So, h-how about you?”

“Well, they have signed me up for drug rehabilitation to help me kick my drug addiction. I didn’t really want to do it, but I have no choice.” Ronnie crossed his arms. “It was a struggle at first, but eventually I was able to rediscover my old self. My old self from before I took those drugs.”

Theresa nods at this. Ronnie smiles as he kept on talking. “Anyway, I’ll be out of here a few years earlier than Giovanni.” It was true, as Ronnie offers to testify against Giovanni Underwood for a reduced sentence. And he did get what he asked for.

“Uh, I… I have to go. I have a tight schedule and I’m very busy.” Theresa said as she stood up from the chair.

“Oh, okay. Be sure to come visit me any time!” Ronnie called out as Theresa left the room.

Theresa lets out a sigh as she shakes her head. She wasn’t really planning on seeing Ronnie any time soon, as she was done with him. Once Theresa finds herself back on the street, she thought about Darren Emmott, the man who tried to prevent her kidnapping. Of course, she should go check on him to see how he’s doing lately. Last she checked, he was cleared in the murder of Rory Barr. But given that he’s a firefighter, she figured that he’s probably busy saving lives. Theresa decided that she’ll have to give him a call later when he’s not busy.

Theresa looks up at the sky, and watched as a couple of clouds pass by. She doesn’t know what the future holds for her, but she knows that good things may come to her. Only time will know.

Sleeping is my life.

Deux END
Fiona Buckley sighed as she sat in her prison cell. While SOIS have been harsh on her for being involved in the Nonary Game as Zero’s assistant, they have long since had let her go. But because of Detective Pierre Gray’s promise to lock up her in jail for the rest of her life have gone through, Fiona have been thrown behind bars. She didn’t expect her luck to go like this, after all. Since she and Jesse Reyes managed to kill off the last living bank robber, Nigel Rodgers, she has been feeling better than she was. Being thrown behind bars, it had given her a lot to think about, as Fiona thought back to when she first met Jesse Reyes.

Jesse Reyes… He was a beacon of light, showing her the way to extract revenge on the bank robbers who killed her boyfriend, Ethan Fairbanks. His talk of revenge have gotten Fiona to become who she was. After they succeeded in killing off the bank robbers, she changed back to her normal self. She thought about the people she helped Jesse kidnaps. She could atone for her crimes, but she knew it wouldn’t be easy to expect them to forgive her for what she had done.

“No.” Fiona told herself, as she glances around her cell. She’s done letting her past and other people control her. When the day she’s back on the street, she’ll have to decide for herself and forge a new path towards an uncertain future. Along the way, she might be able to find her own thing. That is, if her path leads her to such a thing.
Page 18 of 18 [ 684 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus