Board index » General » Press Conference

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

Hey!~Topic%20Title

Hey there!~ I'm Rainbow, and I'm a long time fan of the whole Ace Attorney series. I started playing the games about 8 or 9 years ago, blazed through the original trilogy, AJ, AAI 1 cause that's what was available at the time. More recently (about a year or two back) I played Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice and loved them both. Still haven't gotten around to the fanlation of AAI2, nor DGS1&2, and regrettably I also haven't touched AA vs PL. My top 5 cases are:

1. Bridge to the Turnabout
2. Turnabout Revolution
3. Turnabout Succession
4. Turnabout Goodbyes
5. Turnabout for Tomorrow

And of the games I've played my faves are (following on from these) T&T, AJ, and SoJ.

I love all the games and I've also watched all the anime adaptation. I've never met anyone else who love AA like I do, but I'd put money on the fact I will here! I have a special connection to this series, and now (partially due to my long love of the games) I'm studying law myself with the end goal of becoming a prosecutor. I'm open to talking to anyone so don't hesitate to strike up conversation with me! Thanks, and nice to meet you all.
Re: Hey!~Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Welcome! It's great to have you and your colourful font!

CR is a bit of a quiet period here but I'm happy you joined =D It's mostly a spot for RP games and whatnot now.

You should definitely play GK2 and maybe play PLvsPW last, it's not great.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Welcome welcome, good taste in favourites over here! Also play GK2 but definitely play PLvsAA, it's one of the best AAs and the best Layton game to boot, it's pretty epic.

Gettin' Old!

Wha really Soco?! One of the best? I'd love to know your reasoning.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

I agree with SC about Vs. Ace Attorney being the best Layton game, but that's probably just my AA bias lol.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Wha really Soco?! One of the best? I'd love to know your reasoning.

lol I don't mind, it's been surprisingly long since I've actually, y'know, gotten into AA discussion on CR. Anyway I like VS a lot because it's just really fun to play through and it's actually a really neat crossover between the two games. Admittedly the Layton sides are kinda easy but the banter is still mostly fun and ngl I don't like the Layton gameplay much so it's a good fit for me. Also I love the witch trials, they're really well structured mystery wise and feel like such a breath of fresh air, and the multiple witnesses thing works super well with most of the casts being really good and memorable ('Some Guy' and Wordsmith) being some of my favourites. Shoutout to Golden Court for incorporating some fantastic character drama there, the emotional writing is on-point. Barnham is a great character, OST is excellent, writing is fun in-the-moment but also really good in hindsight, it's just a great time overall. All of these are easily done better than in GK2 I'd say, making it the best side game to me by far.

And also the finale is excellent and on-par with the trilogy finales even, I don't care enough about the 'game-ruining plot holes' and the emotional writing carries it through while being an excellent conclusion to the story. Basically I recommend you try the game out OP, it's very fun and overall a good time, especially if you like Layton. Some flaws here ofc but like, game's too good in every aspect for me to care lol.

Gettin' Old!

Hmm I can’t fault that I really liked the characters, music, mob trials and story but the game was too easy in my eyes. The models are also pretty dead-eyed and weak but I look at them as proto-AA5 3D models so I give it a pass.

I think the last trial is especially bad for it as some of the consequences and stakes make no sense. In that case you also have like...5 maybe 6 pieces of evidence from like the whole case so it’s incredibly easy.

With GK2 the music is amazing, the sprites are crisp and dramatic, the cases are intense with meaningful stakes and importantly, they aren’t easy as pie without being ridiculously stupid.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:
Hmm I can’t fault that I really liked the characters, music, mob trials and story but the game was too easy in my eyes.

I always thought it made sense for the crossover to be easy. It can be a way for Layton fans to get into Ace Attorney or a way for Ace Attorney fans to get into Layton. Having it easy makes it a good starting point no matter which side you're coming from.
Why am I even here?

Happy Maria

Yeah, that and honestly I remember most of the contradictions in cases 2/3 being super neat regardless of the evidence count. 3-4 also managed to be a pretty neat case despite having a low evidence count, the lack of evidence doesn't make it easier there.

What's a Court Records?

There will only a few parts I had trouble with and it was usually some of the multiple choice stuff.
Why am I even here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » General » Press Conference