Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 3[ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Black Fable: When the Seagulls Cry (Sign-Up Thread)Topic%20Title

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

I agree to the BF-MAMA!! I will be joining this time once I can figure out a heckin' character.
*coughs awkwardly*

ASCEND

My character is a human man and he can breathe
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Okay so my character is Lucine Moonview, the 13 year old daughter of Bertram (that's panda if you're still internalizing all the names), making her the first child's first child. Nifty, eh?

Being the third in line to inherit she is raised very strictly to be the perfect heiress, none of this boorish uncouth "fun" allowed. Because of this she doesn't actually act much like a child, she's more like this creepy porcelain doll that moves.

Man this is way shorter than the other ones huh

Happy Maria

My character's name is Maurice Moonview, he's about 37 years old. He's one of the middle children of Gloria, and quite a snobby fellow. He lives on his own and works as an accountant. His dress sense is quite impeccable, albeit old-fashioned. He's fairly well off on his own despite not having many people in his life but despite that he's always after money. He doesn't have a strong relationship with Gloria and hasn't kept contact with her for about 15 years. Upon receiving news about the meeting, he decided to attend on the pretense of seeing the other members after a long time. Hard to believe though, considering he's usually a distant, aloof sort of person. And of course, 20 or so years ago he got into a fight with Hanzo's character, belitting him over his profession and never believing he'd make it in life. By the time the game starts though, it had been long enough that he had forgotten about him entirely.

Shy guy

One more thing. Some people call Bertram "Bertie", which he hates. Do with that information what you will.

ASCEND

ok bertie
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

KamiPanda wrote:
One more thing. Some people call Bertram "Bertie", which he hates. Do with that information what you will.

Well now everyone is just gonna call you Bertie

Shy guy

That's the plan.

Alright Bert

As you wish, Ber

Sock

alright daddy

fella

Very well, B

No other way than to make this mistake.

So I'm gonna be playing Pierre & F's oldest child, Violet Moonview. A girl that was pretty easygoing and generally a pleasure to be around until, you know. Her mother died in a car crash. Until then she was pretty open about her interests; liked music, wanted to learn to play the violin, and wantes to be a writer. Cool dreams. Also pretty close to her brother, pretty much the only person she sticks to.

After that she was more absent from family business and definitely a lot sadder than usual, pretty much depressed and melancholic. It really only got worse. Nonchalant behaviour is pretty common, and she's the kind of person to go "What's the point?" really often.

Oh yeah. Also she is outraged at F's character. Go figure.

Walter

fella

I, meanwhile, will be playing the younger of the two siblings, and also Pierre and F's younger child. His name is Asher Moonview. Growing up, he was very smart, idealistic, and kindhearted, and he wanted to study law to become a lawyer and do good in the world. He could care less about the lucrative income it provided him -- doing good was what would truly make him happy. However, as the years went by, he grew disillusioned and nervous by the family's wealth and prestige. He was worried that they'd only see him as a source of income -- they wouldn't care about him as a person. He had planned to discuss these feelings to his mother and father, but before he got the opportunity, the crash happened.

The weather hadn't called for any storms, but unexpectedly, a particularly nasty one hit, causing the boat to crash into some nearby rocks. He was in the boat along with his mother, and got pinned down underneath a table in the interior, which hit him at just the right angle to shatter his kneecap. His mother made a daring attempt to rescue him, and thanks to their combined efforts, the table was lifted and Asher's broken leg was freed. However, waves crashed into the capsized boat, sending the two flying around. Asher blacked out after this happened, and when he next came to, he was on the sandy shores of the beach... but his mother was nowhere in sight. He searched and searched despite the pain, but he couldn't find her. She was lost at sea. To this day, he harbor's immense survivor's guilt, and blames himself for her death.

Thankfully, he was found, and was hospitalized for various broken bones, including a broken leg, ribs, and hip, along with various other fractures. No one really came to visit him all that often except for his sister, Violet. This ended up furthering his cynical views of no one in the family (except his sister) caring about him, only how much money he could make. Once he left the hospital, he was changed. Gone was the kind, idealistic young man -- he had been replaced with a bitter version of his past self, and he loathes the snobbish, prestigious attitude of much of the other family members.

He still wants to be a lawyer, but now he feels like he has something to prove -- that he's a better person than the rest of the family that wants to make a positive difference in the world and cares for people other than themselves. He is worried about his sister's attitude as of late, though, and often checks on her to make sure she's doing okay. When his father remarried, he was rather upset, believing that his father didn't really care for his first wife -- only the money that she could bring in. He likewise shows contempt to Wyn, under the likely false belief that she married into the family solely for the money.

He was reluctant to go to the family get-together, but since his sister was going, he figured that he may as well go as well. Maybe some other members of the family mellowed out as well, or even those he hadn't met yet were good people... but he wasn't about to hold his breath.

Last edited by Collin1002 on Sat May 23, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Name: Robin Moonview nee Fletcher

Robin joined the Moonview family about three years ago by marrying Zachary, Gloria's youngest son, after a courtship of only six months. Robin says she has been friends with Gloria for four or five years. She visits Gloria often, and they play chess together. She is a music teacher, a talented pianist, studious, and good with children. However, she is also anxious and a bit of a doormat. Robin has no connections and no money to speak of outside of her marriage. She never talks about her family of origin. Zachary and Robin have no children together yet.

Name: Gloria Moonview
Occupation: Gardner, Former Actor, World Traveler, Fortune Inheritor

Gloria Moonview is a melodramatic, glamorous, spritely woman, who often can be found lazing in the gardens around her large manor home, reading a good book or eating plums from her garden. Often with a very-wide brimmed sun hat. Her home is filled with extravagant treasures from across the globe. She has an excellent mind for games of deduction and strategy. She did her best to encourage all her children to become the best they could be and not rely on her incredible fortune and general talent to make their way in the world. She told them to build their own brand and become their own people. She is a doting grandmother to her grandkids and prepares delicious home-grown food.

She has always believed in fortune-telling and the occult. Strangely though, her biggest obsession is with witches, and she tells tales of witches from long ago, stories that her grandmother told her when she was young.

Her husband was a war-hero for the Allies in WWII and was super hot, but he also died on safari around 30 years ago. Gloria misses him, but he was really cool while he lasted.

For all those asking, I'll finalize the cast tomorrow and send out roles for everyone! More can still join though.

Game starts as soon as the witches are ready, so late Sunday or Monday.

Name: Briggs Anderton

Briggs Anderton is a soft-spoken, somewhat weak-willed servant who was hired by the family at a young age to act as a servant who deals with tasks that are a bit more humiliating than Archer's. He often wears a large, dark hat, and when not poorly mishandling chores around the home, he is often brooding somewhere else, acting strange, almost mystic. But despite being quiet and soft, he can get somewhat snarky and insulting and often makes disparaging comments, as if he's switching personalities.

He is not very loyal to the family in comparison to Archer. His work is often poor and he takes awhile. He's not as careful to act professionally around the family, either. What a loser!

He was hired around five years ago. You can often find him smoking and avoiding his duties!

I guess I can give a slightly more complete picture for my character.

Wyn Moonview, née Wyn Buckley, age 23. She's worked as [Pierre]'s secretary for a while, so she has already been introduced to some of the Moonview family members before marrying into the family. She married [Pierre] briefly after he lost his first wife, and this is going to be her first time visiting the manor.

Wyn is ambitious and hard-working, but also friendly to all who are friendly back. It is not a secret that her and her husband come from vastly different economic backgrounds. Wyn nevertheless unapologetically enjoys her new glamorous lifestyle, despite the whispered words of contempt some of the other Moonview family members might utter behind her back.

I think this is the most info the family would know about her.

I desire entry and agree to the BF-MAMA

Oh wow, this is great! I wasn't sure if we would get near to 18 but maybe we still could. Thanks for joining! Take your time to create a character.

I'm interested. I agree to the BF-Mama as well.

For anyone who is interested, you can join the discord where we discuss the games here if you want:

Spoiler: Discord Link

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

My character is named Zachary Moonview, 29 years old, and the youngest son of Gloria. He's bright-eyed, inquisitive, and curious. After earning his engineering degree from a prestigious college six years ago, he began his journey to make his own way in life. Unfortunately, for the first couple years, it hasn't gone so well. He holds a few patents, but most of his ideas are awesome but impractical due to his relative innocence. Because he was only seven when it happened, he didn't witness the argument between Maurice and Vincent, but would definitely have been okay with Vincent's choice as a musician.

Zach is about average height and has just a little bit of fat on him, but not much. He has vivid deep brown hair which is short and kinda messy. He has green eyes and roundish features. He likes to wear saturated colors, a bit on the darker side. His voice is higher in pitch than the average guy's, almost like he hasn't quite grown up yet. He's normally somewhat quiet, but get him talking about a topic he loves - technology, inventing, or more recently, music - and he'll prattle on enthusiastically for quite a while.

Zachary has been married to Robin for three years, having only dated her for six months prior. It was Gloria's idea for them to meet, and he's thanked his mother every chance he had since. Because of Gloria's positive relationship with the couple, she had a guest house built for them on the island. The completion coincided with Zachary and Robin tying the knot, allowing for longer and much more comfortable visits to the estate. At least, that was its intent at first. After a couple visits, it was clear Gloria desired the couple's company more and more. Soon enough, she requested they make permanent residence at the guest house, which they obliged gratefully without hesitation.

Zachary and Robin are currently childless and not expecting, wishing for a more financially-stable environment for any children they might have. They are doing enough to get by, but are by no means getting ahead like the older siblings. Zachary bides his time, waiting for the bout of inspiration that will lead to a breakthrough that will finally put him on the map! In the meantime, he can be seen toiling with electronics as well as poking at bits, bobs, odds, and ends of all manner of household objects in a constant search for new ideas. The couple has been privy to Gloria's plans for the gathering for a while, though they still have no idea what's in store for them once everyone has arrived.

Fun Fact: Zachary earned the nickname "Zap" among his college friends because of a combination of his name and the tendency of his experiments to go a bit awry at times. Despite the association, he likes the nickname and jokes about it to anyone who'll listen.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Before I finalize anything I would like to know how old Lucine is so I don't accidentally make my person too old.

Sock

Mec wrote:
Before I finalize anything I would like to know how old Lucine is so I don't accidentally make my person too old.

Lucine is 13, I believe.

Super exciting to see more sign ups as well!

Shy guy

Lucine's not the oldest grandchild if that's why you were asking, though. Matt's character Violet is 21, and she's not necessarily the oldest either. Lucine is just the oldest of Bertram and Jacqueline's children.

Sleeping is my life.

A bit more information on Vincent, since I figured everyone should know about it.

The music genre that Vincent would enjoy doing is country rock, which others may see as unsophisticated. And the kind of guitar that he'd have is a acoustic guitar.

I pledge to terumama nanjo just need to clear things with a player before posting my character

ASCEND

I'm the player

Re: Black Fable: When the Seagulls Cry (Full!) (Subs?)Topic%20Title

I'm the player

Hey y'all, behind the scenes I'm doing prepwork to assign roles while you guys are finalizing character stuff!

If anyone wants to send in a preference for Mortal or Witch, please let me know in PM and I can tweak the role assignments! Some people already did, and I have taken those into consideration.

Thanks! I'm very excited for the game and appreciate the work everyone has done!

(Cleared with all relevant parties)

Name: ??? (formerly Mickey Moonview)

Description: The eldest son of Bertram and Jacqueline. He was a real problem child as a kid. He was destructive, rude, did terribly in school, was into hard drugs like meth, prone to bouts of anger, and worst of all was a bit of a hippie. The amount of family get-togethers he's ruined is numerous. Most people in the family do not like him at all. If anybody does like him it's probably because they dislike Bertram and Mickey irritates him constantly.

Bertram tried to raise him correctly but Mickey's always moved to the beat of his own drum. After enough chances Bertram realized Lucine would be a much better heir and began to invest his time in raising her. At a certain point Bertram offered Mickey a significant buyout on the condition that he renounces any claim to the inheritance, no longer associated with the family, and legally changed his name. Mickey accepted it and seemingly kept his word--it's been years since anybody's seen him. Now he's shown up to the party despite not being invited. He's claimed to have changed but has he? One could only assume he wants to get back in the family's wallet...

(The following is just what I'm guessing from talking to other people but isn't set in stone and other people might chime in on how they'd change this. Also we might want a google doc to keep this all together)

Bertram and Mickey hate each other (or at least Bertram just wants nothing to do with him). There's no warm family blood or happy memories between them. Jacqueline loves all of her children and tries to love Mickey despite his faults. She was upset that Bertram bought him off but to avoid major problems she's reluctantly stayed quiet.

Since Mickey's been bought off, he's been a sore topic at family get-togethers and especially for Bertram. Nobody really brings him up unless they want to start an argument.

Age: Flexible, probably anywhere from 21-30. I imagined him as 18ish when Bertram offered him the buyout and it's been a few years since then. These details will probably be hammered out in more detail later as I imagine it would depend on what the relationship between Mickey and Lucine was before he left/how well she remembers him.

Ok made a timeline that's more or less correct (within a year). I'll update it with any new information or if anything's wrong.

Character ages: Lucine (13), Asher (19), Violet (21), Wyn (23), Mickey (25), Robin (older 25), Briggs (25/26), Zachary (29), Archer (32), James (35), Maurice (37), Vincent (43), Jacqueline (46), Pierre (46), Bertram (48), Gloria (72)

1965: Vincent and Maurice get in argument.

1970: Archer begins working at the estate.

1972: Maurice loses touch with Gloria/presumably her side of the family as well.

1980: Mickey receives a buyout from Bertram. Nobody in the family has seen him since.

1982: Briggs begins working at the estate.

1982: James gets to know Gloria's side of the family.

1984: Zachary and Robin get married. Move into guest house of estate shortly after.

1985: Asher and Violet's mother dies.

1987: Game start.

Sock

Oh nice! This is very handy. Thank you for making this.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Alright, I apologize heavily for this coming fairly late! I'm so slow at things, I swear. But thank you to everyone who helped me! I appreciate you all.

My character is Jacqueline Moonview, 46 years old, and the wife of Bertram Moonview. She's very free-spirited and adventurous, finding it hard to stay in one place at a time. She was always out and exploring the world, and because of this, she was never home. So she normally left Bertram to take care of the children. She was never quite aware of how he raised them, and after she had found out about him buying her oldest off, she was quite hurt and disappointed. But to avoid any problems in the family, she decided to keep her mouth closed upon the matter. After all, she believed the eldest was strong and capable of being on his own. At least, she told herself that.

Jackie is average height with a fairly slim build. She has long straight red hair with light sky blue eyes. To look more pleasing and presentable, she often puts heavy amounts of makeup on. She likes to wear colorful clothing or something more bright and cheerful. Wearing anything black or grey makes her feel gloomy.
*coughs awkwardly*

My character is a butler in training that goes by Allister.

He's 12 years old, and the son of two other servants. His mother died when he was 7, and he became a servant then. He's training under Archer to become a butler for the family. He's a bit timid and might stutter slightly from time to time, but he is kind and eager to learn and prove himself.

Sorry for the late post. Finally got around to finishing my character.

Twilip Moonview is the 31 year old daughter of Gloria. She currently works as a professor of archeology at a Scottish university. Known for being uncouth and lacking a bit of a filter since childhood, she is generally openly supportive of the rest of her family members, except for James. She has yet to marry or take any potential sutor and claims no interest in any romantic relationship for the time being.
In terms of family events that one could describe as prestigious she has been largely absent over the past few years, but has still tried to keep in touch with most family members through letters and the sporadic visit to Gloria.

ASCEND

Great, we’re all here!

Except for one...

Planetbox wrote:
Great, we’re all here!

Except for one...

The sixteenth student, Mukuro Ikusaba, hiding somewhere in this school.
Page 2 of 3 [ 84 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus