The First Vote [Open]

The Second Vote [Open]

The Third Vote [Open]

The Fourth Vote [Open]

Four Final Letters [Open]

Rules References

Spoiler: Gameplay Overview
There are two factions:

Mortals - The mortals win if more mortals survive to the end of the storm than witches. They also win if they figure out who all the witches are.

Witches - The witches win if equal or more witches survive to the end of the storm than mortals. However, their victory can be thwarted by the mortals deducing their identities. The witches know who all other witches are and can talk in a secret chat as a team to coordinate who to kill each Twilight Phase.

There are two phases:

Twilight Phase - During this time each player will target someone with their action. Each character will have a unique power which targets one or two characters. This action will be assigned at the beginning at the game secretly, and performed secretly. The witches will plot to kill some characters during this time.

Discussion Phase - After the Twilight Phase, some characters will have died, and the living characters have the chance to discuss who they think killed them and what happened during the night. They then have the option to execute somebody by popular vote (in hopes of killing one of the witches). Unlike the first Black Fable, no power or faction information will be given upon character death.

Spoiler: Mechanics
Arc Victories

Mortals win if there are more Mortals than Witches.
Witches win if there are equal or more Witches than Mortals
Additionally, in the case of two or fewer Mortals remaining, Witches win regardless of the number of Witches.

Twilight Actions

Some players have passive abilities instead of Twilight Actions, which are always active.
Of the players that have Twilight Actions, most are forced to use their abilities.
Some people get two actions.
Some people can target the dead with their actions.
Some people can target themselves with their actions.
Twilight actions all happen roughly at the same time, but certain actions are given Priority and happen first always.
Information is always learned at the end of the Twilight.

The Answer Arc

At the end of the three Arcs, players will discuss and try to pinpoint the Witches. They will have five guesses to find every Witch.
If after guessing five times, the Mortals have not found every Witch, the Witches win absolutely.
If the Mortals guess all five Witches, Mortals win absolutely.
For each Arc ending in victory for the Mortals, the Mortals will be given one additional guess.

The Witches

The killing power of the Witches is a special type of Twilight Action which cannot be removed from the Witches by any role.
It is first in the hands of the leader. If the leader dies, it is passed to the next Witch in line, provided one is still alive.
The killing power is used in addition to any other abilities a Witch might have.
The killing power is more powerful at the start of the game, capable of killing more Mortals. As the game wears on, its power is reduced significantly.
The killing power can't kill a person on the First Twilight twice. Period.
Some characters may be aligned with the Witches without being a Witch.

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 62 times in total.
Re: Black Fable: When The Seagulls CryTopic%20Title

Welcome to Eventide Island

[OPENING MUSIC]

It's Friday, May 22, 1987. It is a stunningly clear day with a vivid blue sky. It's warm, but not too warm.

Members of the Moonview Family sit upon the small fishing vessel, owned and operated by a family friend, as it glides across the Atlantic towards the rocky shores of Eventide Island.

The boatman will be working throughout the afternoon to shuttle each Moonview guest as they arrive to the Moonview Manor and Homestead.

As the boat approaches the rocky shore of the little lush island, seagulls can be heard crying overhead. A flock of them jumps from the dock and flies away as the boat approaches.

A little wooded path goes deep into the island. Waving goodbye to the boatman, each guest makes their way up the path stones toward the towering Tudor-style manor. The stepping stones take the guests across a beautifully manicured lawn and up through a stunning garden with large plums hanging overhead.

When they get to the main doors, they open by the hand of one of the diligent servants. They are welcomed warmly by a party atmosphere. Music plays on finely-tuned varnished record player in the corner. Parlor spaces sit wide open for people to sit and talk with one another. Fresh fruits and other delicious garden items sit lined up on a counter, for guests to pick at. There's a fancy platter of cheese as well.

The mansion has bits and pieces of treasure on display from all over. There are wooden ceremonial masks, suits of armor, WWII memorabilia (from the late Peregrine Moonview, may he rest in piece), and large stuffed animals.

Standing at the top of a foyer staircase, a slight woman in a wide-brimmed white sunhat and long white hair watches her guests lovingly, eating a dark red plum.

[SCENE MUSIC]

[You may now post!]

Sock

The oldest servant steps forward by the door and takes a bow, greeting anyone who comes by.

Dressed professionally, hair slicked back, and with a bit of a smile on his face, the man stands straight back up.

"On behalf of the Moonview family, I welcome you all to Eventide."

"As some of you may know, I am Archer, servant to Gloria herself, and by extension, the rest of the Moonview family. Please do not hesitate to call for me if you require any service."

Sitting down at a small tea table in the room was a young and fancily dressed girl, who put down her cup and stood up to greet the newly arrived guests.

"Greetings. I, Lucine Moonview, welcome you to Eventide Island. I dearly hope you will enjoy your stay." she said, with an elegant curtsy.

... It'd probably have a better effect if she smiled. But she simply sat back down and went back to sipping her tea in silence.

Shy guy

Bertram nodded curtly at Lucine. Evidently this was his way of showing he was pleased by her manners.

He didn't say anything just yet, but he stood directly in the eye-line of anyone entering, doing his best to appear welcoming.

Rookie Killer

A young man with short blond hair and a cigarette in his mouth who is wearing a cheap looking suit strolls into the mansion. He then proceeds to walk past the other family members and over to the old woman. The man takes the cigarette out of his mouth and with a big plastic smile plastered all over his face says, "Good afternoon Auntie, it's me James. Do you like my new suit? I bought it in Italy. It's designer. Listen, in a couple of hours can I talk to you about the loan we discussed?"

Last edited by Winston Payne on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Stepping inside next was a very slightly overweight man in a dark purple suit, Zachary Moonview, with vivid deep brown hair that couldn't quite be tamed fully and green eyes. A wide smile shone on his face. He glanced to the side at his wife, Robin, as they entered hand-in-hand.

A dark brown satchel that bulged slightly hung over Zachary's shoulder via a thick leather strap. The man patted the bag with his free hand as he continued inside.

"Pleased to meet you as always, Archer, dear friend," chirped Zachary as he returned the butler's bow.

"Very well said, Lucine!" Zachary replied after the girl had spoken up, bowing to her as well. Noticing the girl's father close by, he quickly added " . . . And a pleasant evening's greetings to you, Bertram."

Zachary found a place to stand off to the side, out of the way of those who would follow him into the grand foyer.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Gettin' Old!

A tall middle-aged man with a glorious head of black-grey hair and a neat prim moustache arrived heaving two suitcases with some effort.

"Ooh dearest...you needn't have packed so much. I'm sure this won't be a massively long trip." He told to a much-younger woman as he laid the larger suitcase to rest.

He coughed and straighted up as he took a long wistful look around the family home. "It...it's nice to be back. I told you it was something special Wynnie." He said as he brushed down his padded pinstripe suit.

His eyes settled on Bertram and narrowed.
"Bertram" he nodded curtly in greeting before breaking eye contact and smiling warmly at the younger Moonview.

"Good to see you Zach, you too Robin. I hope your trip wasn't too much trouble." He turned and shouted over his shoulder "Kids, hurry up, don't go running off."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"A pleasure as always, Zachary," Bertram replied, though he was clearly looking elsewhere. He couldn't hide his distaste as he glared at James.

His attention was thankfully diverted by the arrival of another of his brothers. "Basil," he replied equally curtly, almost like he was trying to out-curt him.

fella

Quickly stepping out of the boat was another young man, appearing to be in his late teens. He wore a rather neat dark gray pinstripe vest and pants, along with a pair of black loafers, a white, collared undershirt, and a neat, dark blue tie with patterned white dots on it. He wasn't wearing the suit jacket -- likely because he wanted to avoid the extra heat that came with wearing it -- but he slung it over his shoulder. His black hair was neatly combed and slicked a bit to the side, and his gray eyes were a bit wide and panicked. The people who knew him would recognize him as Asher Moonview.

Those who were in the boat with him definitely noticed that he seemed to be panicking a bit, hyperventilating every so often, staring off into space, and trembling. As he walked out of the boat, there was definitely a noticable limp in his stride -- he favored his right leg over his left.

"So glad to be off that damned thing..." he muttered under his breath, seeming to calm down and breathe a sigh of relief as he reverted to a more stoic expression. He looked around at the others who had already departed the boat and shrugged his shoulders, keeping a distance from... well, everyone, his father and his father's wife included.

Robin Moonview squeezed her husband's hand.

She couldn't help but marvel at the manor. After three years, she could finally say she was used to calling this place home - but she would certainly never tire of its beauty. Nor was she used to dressing this way - in fine fabric, expensive and silky, an elegant and simple deep blue gown. She felt it was a sharp contrast to the ungraceful way she carried herself. However, Robin had made great effort to look her best tonight. The occasion was that important.

The entire Moonview family - her family - would be here tonight, for the first time in nobody knew how long.

She had been hoping to say hello to Gloria immediately, but was greeted first by a man she took a moment to recognize.

"Hello, Basil!" she replied with genuine warmth. Already she knew that her excitement at seeing everyone was stronger than her nervousness. She gave a small laugh when he asked about her trip. "Oh, it was very short - just from the guest house. But you came a long way, didn't you? It's good that you all could make it!"

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

A woman dressed in a long light blue dress stood excitedly near the entrance, watching as people slowly made their way in. She was ecstatic. See family after so long ought to bring good, right? Placing a hand on her heart and waving with the other, her dark red lips curled into a bright smile.

"Greetings, darlings! It's so very wonderful to see those lovely eyes again!" She then clasped her hands together, laughing quietly with delight.

She seemed quite chipper but that's just her normal additude. She just seemed to have a reason to be excited.

"Oh Lucine, dearest, you're such a delightful little girl. I'm so proud of you!" She walked over to the child and gently stroked her hair. "My, how you've grown up." She closed her eyes with thought for a moment before looking over to the others, a positive gleam in her eyes.
*coughs awkwardly*

"Good day, mother. Thank you, mother." Lucine answered, with all the expression of the stuffed bear on her lap. "Would you like some tea?"

Winston Payne wrote:
"Good afternoon Auntie, it's me James. Do you like my new suit? I bought it in Italy. It's designer. Listen, in a couple of hours can I talk to you about the loan we discussed?"

The small woman, who everyone knows as Gloria, regards James warmly, but anyone who knows her would find the greeting cold, "Darling! You know I'm a threat to ANY good suit when I'm holding a plum like this one!"

"It's so great to see you! That is an amazing, wowing, dazzling suit! Anyway, it's family time! This is exciting! Let's not talk about boring things like accounting or things from the past right now!"

She beams as she sees her family pile into the room.

The next Moonview to enter the hall was a grinning woman with a set of medium length blonde hair. Twilip waves a friendly hand to her family members before grabing an apple at the counter and beginning to munch on it.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Collin1002 wrote:
Those who were in the boat with him definitely noticed that he seemed to be panicking a bit, hyperventilating every so often, staring off into space, and trembling. As he walked out of the boat, there was definitely a noticable limp in his stride -- he favored his right leg over his left.

"So glad to be off that damned thing..." he muttered under his breath, seeming to calm down and breathe a sigh of relief as he reverted to a more stoic expression. He looked around at the others who had already departed the boat and shrugged his shoulders, keeping a distance from... well, everyone, his father and his father's wife included.

A woman that looks to be about in her late teens steps out behind him, following him closely. She's wearing an uncharacteristic black suit, a faux rose attached to the left side of the chest. Her black hair is neat and short, evidently cared for. Her melancholic face is unblemished and kind of pale, much like the rest of her visible skin. The beginnings of a scar are visible at the base of her neck, though most of it is hidden by the clothing.

"I know how you feel." She replies, eventually turning around to face the rest. "Hi, everyone." Violet looks less than thrilled, and generally a far cry from the woman from years ago. A few glares are shot at her father once he mentions the two siblings.

"Oh, ha ha, Jacqueline! I didn't notice you there. Good evening," Zachary greeted, turning toward the pleasant voice. He tried to not let the concern on his face last too long when Lucine spoke again in her almost too proper fashion.

Figuring he'd let everyone mingle, he searched for a small table to sit down at. He placed his satchel on the table and opened it, beginning to pull random things out.
100% pure Joy.

Rookie Killer

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"It's so great to see you! That is an amazing, wowing, dazzling suit! Anyway, it's family time! This is exciting! Let's not talk about boring things like accounting or things from the past right now!"

"I'm glad you like my suit! I guess we can talk about the loan some other time." James responds with his smile becoming even more forced. He goes back down the staircase and joins the rest of the family.

Sock

Mec wrote:
The next Moonview to enter the hall was a grinning woman with a set of medium length blonde hair. Twilip waves a friendly hand to her family members before grabing an apple at the counter and beginning to munch on it.

“Ah, Madame Twilip,” Archer approaches the woman. “Would you like a small snack? I could have Briggs prepare something for everyone before dinner.”

fella

"... I know, Violet. Thank you," Asher quietly replied to her before turning to the rest of the family.

"Greetings and salutations or... whatever. Hi," he greeted them in a deadpan manner. Much like Violet, it was a far cry from the kind young man from years ago.

Mec wrote:

"Twilip! I'm so glad you could make it here from overseas! It's been far too long! How have you been!" Gloria eagerly calls from the top of the staircase, as if she intends to have the conversation from across two rooms.

An unkempt servant wandered into the room, seemingly unaware of his duties for that day. His messy black hair was accompanied by a tattered black hat and jacket, and a cigarette was hanging off the corner of his mouth. It took him a while to notice all the new company, to which he nervously dropped the cigarette to the ground.

"O-Oh, hello, everyone," the servant said, a bit nervous. "I am Briggs Anderton...I am here to assist you with your stay. Please let me know if you need anything."

"...Or don't," Briggs sighed quietly, hoping no one would hear. He picked up the cigarette and hid it in his pocket.

Sock

Archer remained silent but shot Briggs a nasty glare.

Gettin' Old!

Basil turned to his children and beamed in pride at their impeccable fashion sense.

"Now children, go see your Granny Gloria. I'm sure she's missed you both terribly." He called to them as another family member entered the scene.

"Lippy! Little Sister! It is good to see you again!" He called clearly torn between where to go first he waved a hand briefly before deciding that he should pay his respects to the host.

Setting the heavy suitcases down he made his way over to Gloria and smiled. "Hello Mother, it's..." He paused maintaining a safe distance for his suit as Gloria ominously chomped on her plum with a loud SQUELCH "Great to see you again. Wynnie has been really eager to come see the family estate so thank you for the invite."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Kachu wrote:
Archer remained silent but shot Briggs a nasty glare.

Briggs shot Archer a bright, yet mocking smile that would manage to bother anyone.

A young lady dressed in a fabulous, frilly, and most definitely expensive white garment looks around and clutches her ruby necklace, in awe at her glamorous surroundings.

"Oh Zilly, nothing could have prepared me for this! Why didn't you take me here sooner?" She turns to Basil and plants a kiss on his cheek. "..Mwah! Thanks for being such a dear with the luggage. I wasn't sure what I should pack or leave behind, so I decided to stay on the safe side and bring everything!"

The light-haired lady turns to the others and gives a charming smile. "Oh my, of course, I suppose I should introduce myself to those who don't know me, or those who don't remember me. Some of you might have already heard, I'm the new auntie Wyn!" She curtsies politely. "Only a few years ago was I working as Zilly's little ol' secretary, and now look!" Wyn lifts her hand in the air and wiggles her fingers, showing off a lavish ring above her knuckle. "Anyways, I'm so happy to see all of you here."

Sleeping is my life.

The sound of boots walking on hardwood can be heard as a middle-aged man walked into the lobby. Slung over one shoulder was a black guitar case with assorted stickers stuck to it and there was a shoulder strap attached to it and in one hand was a large beat-up brown suitcase. The man's luggage suggests that he was most likely a musician

The man was wearing a tan trench coat with the straps tied back, probably to make a fashion statement. The trench coat was left open, revealing that underneath it, the man was wearing a navy blue button-down shirt and black pants. On his feet were a pair of black lace-up and steel-toed boots. It seems that the man have an interesting taste in jewelry as there were different earrings on his ears, a metal triangle plate on a chain around his neck, and some rings adores his fingers. One gold ring stands out from the other silver rings as it rests on his left ring finger. The man's brown hair was styled in a 'long half-up, half-down' style.

The man puts down the suitcase as he took his time to look around the foyer, his brown eyes scanning to take in the fine details.

"Heh, seems like a lot have changed since the last time I was here..." The man chuckled as he ran a hand through his brown hair as he hums a tune to himself. To the others, he looks like a complete stranger.

Robin's attention was drawn to the two newcomers, apparently opposites of each other: a lively lady in a white dress, and a mysterious, quiet fellow. She approached them with a polite, quick curtsy.

"Hello! Welcome to the Moonview Estate." The guitar case on the man's back caught her eye. "Sir, are you a musician?" Robin asked, eyes glinting with excited recognition.

fella

Asher let out a small sigh, seeming to ignore the newcomers.

"Sure, dump us off on Grandma..." he bitterly mumbled underneath his breath, cringing as Wyn kissed her husband's cheek and called him by a pet name.

"... I'm gonna go say hi to grandma before I throw up," he whispered to Violet before making his way up the staircase.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Violet exchanges a weird look to Asher and nods. "If you say so, dad."

Still keeping a distance from the two SCPs known as her parents, she makes her way over to Gloria and smiles a bit, though her voice still contains the hints of nonchalancy. "Hey, grandma. It's... been a while. Looks like you're holding fine to me, though."

Quote:
“Ah, Madame Twilip,” Archer approaches the woman. “Would you like a small snack? I could have Briggs prepare something for everyone before dinner.”

Twilip holds up her other hand. "No thanks Archie. I believe this little guy is enough to hold me over until it's time to dine"

Quote:
"Twilip! I'm so glad you could make it here from overseas! It's been far too long! How have you been!" Gloria eagerly calls from the top of the staircase, as if she intends to have the conversation from across two rooms.

Tulip cups her hand and shouts at her mother. "I've been mighty fine ya dear old bird!"
She walks towards Gloria while tossing her apple into the air and still shouting. "This place still treating you as well?"

Sleeping is my life.

The man turns to Robin once he heard her talking to him.

"I most certainly am." The man replied to Robin as he bows before her. "I play the acoustic guitar. If you like, I can play a song for you later."

The man looks Robin up and down. "Don't think I'd seen you around the manor. What's your name if you don't mind me asking?" He inquired as he put his hands together.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, aunt Wyn. I hope you will appreciate the family estate." Lucine greeted, before flinching at the volume of her grandmother's friendly chat.

It's a small detail, but be glad she showed such a human reaction at all.

Shy guy

"Sister, glad to see you!" Bertram said to Twilip, before wincing at her typical brash, unsophisticated manner. "I see you're just the same as ever... for better or for worse."

Zachary was setting up some electronic-looking devices on the table to do a bit of tinkering while the others talked, but then he saw Basil, and Wyn, and the two children. He had a mind to go check up on the children and see if he could do anything, but then the man with the guitar came in. 'Another musician?' Zachary's eyes lit up, and he leapt from the table, leaving his things a bit of a mess. He rushed over to Robin's side just in time to hear Vincent reply to her question.
100% pure Joy.

Briggs looked at Wyn, then at Basil, then at their two children. He repeated this process a few times, before finally processing what their relationships were to each other.

He couldn't help but stifle a laugh, not really caring if they noticed.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"It is a pleasure to meet you, aunt Wyn. I hope you will appreciate the family estate." Lucine greeted, before flinching at the volume of her grandmother's friendly chat.

It's a small detail, but be glad she showed such a human reaction at all.

"Yes, a pleasure to meet you too, darling. The estate is simply wonderful.." She states, taking in her surroundings once more.

Wyn then walks up to Gloria as well, eager to greet her alongside her new family members despite Asher and Violet's cold shoulders.

"Oh, Lady Moonview herself! It must have been quite a few years ago since I last saw you. I do declare, just a minute ago when I first walked in, I thought Zilly must have had a sister all along that he's been hiding from me! The years have truly been treating you well."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"I most certainly am." The man replied to Robin as he bows before her. "I play the acoustic guitar. If you like, I can play a song for you later."

Robin clapped. "That would be wonderful! The guitar is such a lovely instrument!"

Quote:
The man looks Robin up and down. "Don't think I'd seen you around the manor. What's your name if you don't mind me asking?" He inquired as he put his hands together.

She flushed a little, embarrassed that she'd forgotten her basic manners. "Oh! I'm very sorry! My name is Robin. I'm married to Gloria's youngest son." She turned with the intention of gesturing to Zach, but couldn't see him at a quick glance. So Robin cleared her throat and looked back to the man - and there was Zach, on her opposite side. She let out a rather humiliating squeak in surprise, then laughed. "There you are!"

Rookie Killer

James has now recovered from his loan rejection and decides to continue making a fool out of himself. This time he walks over to Violet and Asher.
"Hey, how are you two doing? I heard about what happened to your mother. That um... car crash must've really affected you. Don't worry, I know just the thing to cheer you up. My friend owns a luxury cruise company. I think a good cruise trip would really take your mind off of what happened. Would you two be interested in that?" asks James blissfully unaware about how insensitive the words that are coming out of his mouth are.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Briggs looked at Wyn, then at Basil, then at their two children. He repeated this process a few times, before finally processing what their relationships were to each other.

He couldn't help but stifle a laugh, not really caring if they noticed.

Wyn turns around for a brief moment to face him. "Oh, hello darling. Are you well?" She asks.
Page 1 of 63 [ 2503 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus