Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 24 of 63[ 2503 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 63  Next

Re: Black Fable: When The Seagulls CryTopic%20Title

Rookie Killer

Pierre wrote:
Basil looks over the body of his young wife.
But he is tired.
He is done.

"Well...This... this is horrible but it gives me doubts too." He said, his eyes vacant and distant.

"Rather than investigate Twilip as planned. Wyn decided to investigate me. I tracked her last night just to test this. I don't know how well I can trust the rest of her actions either...maybe she's been a witch all along. Maybe she never planned to finish this investigation."

He paused and looked at the same cross sigil as before. "Then again if we follow the pattern of the last one it might seem that Maurice was the one who did this before offing himself. Maybe similar to Mickey."

Basil idly drifted out of the room slowly, moving without purpose.

"I still think Twilip is suspicious because she probably thought she was going to be investigated and killed Wyn under that assumption. I also don't think it was Maurice because he had already visited her. If he was a witch wouldn't she have died earlier?" responded James.

"M-More victims..." Allister said, looking down at the ground sadly. "And since I've apparently been poisoned, I shall be among them soon."

"I supposed we'll be reunited shortly, Father..."

Quote:
"M-More victims..." Allister said, looking down at the ground sadly. "And since I've apparently been poisoned, I shall be among them soon."

"I supposed we'll be reunited shortly, Father..."

Twilip lets out a defeated sigh. "If James gets his way I'll make sure that... I don't know. He's waiting for you or something."

Shy guy

"Two, again?" Bertram said, dismayed at the sight. "Whatever 'special circumstances' allow witches to kill more than the circle usually allows must not be particularly rare."

Slezak wrote:
"Wyn! Maurice!" Zachary shouted, surprised, horrified, but definitely expecting someone to have died.

"Wyn visited Maurice once. I expected this. However . . . Maurice visited Wyn twice as well. Protecting her, perhaps? I . . . guess it didn't work this time . . . May they find peace with the others . . . ."

"If you'll remember back to last time, someone swapped Wyn and I. Maurice planned to visit me, so instead he ended up visiting Wyn. That accounts for one of the two. I suppose this time he visited Wyn intentionally, but as you say, it didn't work... Either that or he visited her earlier on. We never did find out what it was he could do..."

Winston Payne wrote:
"I still think Twilip is suspicious because she probably thought she was going to be investigated and killed Wyn under that assumption. I also don't think it was Maurice because he had already visited her. If he was a witch wouldn't she have died earlier?" responded James.

"Only the leader kills their targets," Bertram pointed out. "If Maurice is a witch but wasn't the leader before, then he'd simply visit people to do whatever it is that he does. Then, when the then leader died Maurice could have inherited the kill power and used it now. I don't yet believe he was a witch, but it's certainly possible at least."

Gettin' Old!

Basil wiped his hands down his face just aghast at events.

"Lynch Twilip. Like we should have done before...maybe then my wife and brother might still be here." He looked at the ground idly.

"Maybe Wyn was an investigator aligned with the witches. She did seem to say her investigations had a spiritual root. She didn't cooperate with the investigation we'd all agreed on...maybe because she'd have had to explain herself to the others in the afterlife and Lippy is actually some foul witch monstrosity posing as my sister." He spread his hands and shook his head.

"The plus sign spell doesn't fit with this pattern in a way that I can tell other than it killed two people. Before Mickey visited Lucine and she died before he ended up at your door and died himself, but last night Wyn visited me, defying our plans." He tapped his leg frustrated, "I'm still here so there goes my 'virus' spell theory. Based on the number of visits I suppose it's possible that Maurice visited her and died himself so that might work." He closed his eyes to be with his own thoughts

"Have you...have you investigated the bodies yet?" He called back into the room not wanting to go in himself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"Before we vote for Twilip, I was hoping she might tell us what she was up to during all this," Bertram said. It didn't seem as though he wanted anything to do with investigating more bodies.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

". . . I'll do it," Zachary volunteered flatly. He began checking the room with the bodies. He had his own tumultuous vortex of complex thoughts swirling around his head about witches and people not being who he thought they were. His whole life had been rent in twain, and he was sort of on autopilot, just wishing for this whole mess to be done.

"Oh, and I vote to lynch Twilip."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Zachary searches around the room, it seems like someone was going through Basil's stuff. Next to Basil's stuff is a locket, Basil recognizes it as belonging to his wife.

The bodies don't have anything interesting on them.

Other than that, there are various orders and such from Basil's work and various things belonging to Wyn.

Quote:
"Before we vote for Twilip, I was hoping she might tell us what she was up to during all this," Bertram said. It didn't seem as though he wanted anything to do with investigating more bodies.

Twilip scratches her head. "Well... As I'm sure you're already aware Bertram, I had visited you sometime before discovering the scene before us, but it wasn't to do any investigation for magic or anything like that, because I lied to you. I cannot identify whether someone has or uses magic myself, although I probably could if someone else had that ability. Ya see I had intended to take a blow as it were for Wyn here by making myself a target and if that didn't work I had intended to use Bertram's immunity to save her, but that doesn't seem to be how my ability works..."

"So uh . . . you steal other people's abilities?" Zachary guessed. "Anyway, Big Brother Bertram . . . ?" Zachary gestured to the man who could seal Twilip's fate.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"That... is actually quite credible," Bertram said, nodding in thought. "I suppose you are saying you can copy someone else's talent? Perhaps the specifics are best left secret though, the less the witches know the better. I can at least confirm for the others that you visited me, hence my asking.

"In any case, this is a bit of a conundrum... I no longer especially think Twilip is a good choice for voting, yet there aren't any other particularly good choices either."

Quote:
"So uh . . . you steal other people's abilities?" Zachary guessed.

"Maybe? I can't honestly tell you how it works myself."
Quote:
"That... is actually quite credible," Bertram said, nodding in thought. "I suppose you are saying you can copy someone else's talent? Perhaps the specifics are best left secret though, the less the witches know the better. I can at least confirm for the others that you visited me, hence my asking.

"In any case, this is a bit of a conundrum... I no longer especially think Twilip is a good choice for voting, yet there's not particularly any other choices either."

A pleasant smile crosses Twilip's face. "Something like that."

"I mean, I guess it's possible all the witches are already dead," Zachary mused, barely fazed that Bertram didn't vote to kill their sister after all. "I guess we can't expect a big screen to pop up and say 'Game over, you win' as soon as they all die, huh?"
100% pure Joy.

Gettin' Old!

Basil shook his head “Why would the witches just up and disappear like that? No you mark my words, they are definitely still here among us.” He stood up his voice gradually rising in intensity “Unless you are a witch all along eh Zach? Or you think it’s funny to crack jokes while my wife and our brother are sitting dead I’m the other room?” He barked, now uncomfortably close to Zach.

“No...we should have lynched last night, there’s no way we should let the witches have another. You saw that, letter they won’t rest while we’re alive. The killing will only stop when all the witches are dead.” He said turning away from Zach.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"That's all well and good, but who should we vote for? I'm still of the belief that there are no particularly good targets now," Bertram said.

Gettin' Old!

Basil sighed "If you've already poisoned the boy. You may as well execute him now. There's a chance he's a witch plus..." He shuffled uncomfortably "I don't know poisons but Archer certainly looked like he died in pain...we could make this gentle."

"I vote we lynch Allister...sorry Archer." He added quietly shuffling away from the room.

"We...we should dig some graves or burn the bodies...they deserve a proper service but...if they are going to be used against us..." He uttered quietly. "We'll see if we survive tomorrow."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"A-Are you insinuating that I'd orchestrate the m-murder of my own w-wife?" Zachary responded weakly, beginning to quiver, "I . . . I've been nothing but cooperative with the investigation. Even though my ability's not that strong, I've been doing what I can. I'm s-sorry about the joke I made, okay? It just-for some reason, it wouldn't surprise me if the witches wanted us to just keep killing each other, tearing the rest of our family apart until there was nobody left. A-As long as you're going to insist they're still among us, then we need a direction. Look around. Less than a third of us are left. Allister's going to die soon and there's nothing we can do about it . . . What can we do? What can I do?" Zachary sighed with resignation.

"A-Allister . . . ? O-Okay . . . "
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

Bertram sighed. "Reasonable enough logic. We have to try something, else we are certainly doomed. I vote Allister."

Twilip is clearly troubled about the prospect of lynching a 12 year old, but"Sorry kid." Twilip sighs and shakes her head. "Shouldn't be this way but that poisoning bastard just loves jumpin the gun I guess and it'll be faster this way. I also vote Allister..."

Allister silently stared down at the ground.

The Golden Land

[THEME MUSIC]

Bertram levels the pistol in Allister's direction, but Allister doesn't look back at the others.

The four remaining siblings and James aren't happy to kill the kid, but what else can they do?

Allister whimpers, "Father... Briggs... At least we'll be reunited in the Golden Land..."

Bertram squeezes the trigger, there's a deafening blast of gunpowder, and young Allister collapses to the floor, now a husk.

Outside it's quiet.

Too quiet. Wasn't it raining?

The five wander outside, blinded by the searing white light of the full moon. James stumbles from behind his sunglasses.

Bertram and Zachary tell the others that there should be a boat in the boathouse and if the storm is over, maybe they can all escape.

The two of them quickly start making their way down the hill. Basil and Twilip don't immediately follow, apparently something is on both of their minds... something they just can't shake.

[Call of the Golden Land: END]

When they get to the boathouse, Basil and Twilip stop short. The boat is bobbing around in the dock outside the boathouse. It's not empty.

Laying back in the boat is Zachary Moonview, but his jaw is completely missing, and blood streams across his neck and clothes. His eyes bulge out from his head.

Twilip reaches for the boat, in full panic mode. She grabs it, pulls it over, and dumps the body of her brother from it with a splash. A magic circle with crossed canes in its center sits at the bottom of the boat. Basil jumps on dangerously, but lands just fine.

Both of them are terrified, wanting nothing but to escape. Behind them, a shadowy figure steps out from the trees...

The Rest Has Been Torn Away...

Arc II: The Moonview Family Curse

[THEME MUSIC]

The black booklet in Basil's hands ends abruptly.

Everyone in the library stands in deafening, incredulous silence at the words of the book.

Perhaps the most ridiculous part about reading the horrific and meticulous story of the entire family being murdered is how real everyone felt the story as it was read out loud to them. Almost as if they knew exactly what happened first hand during each twist and turn. It was so vivid to experience.

Jackie wipes tears from her eyes. Briggs murmurs something from his place on the floor that nobody can quite tell the meaning of.

Was this book written by Gloria? It had to have been, right? What was really in Gloria's will anyway?

Archer stands there with the envelope in his hands, though his mind seems distant, as though he can't shake the stupefaction.

It's Friday evening, it's raining outside, Gloria Moonview is dead, the family is in grief after a day of yelling at each other.

They had found a book in Gloria's study, a dark little book with a horrible little story. In everyone's heads, the memories of the story remain, but they dare not speak of it. Not yet, at least.

Welcome back, everyone...

[SCENE MUSIC]

Sock

"Well... That was an interesting read, was it not?" Archer lets out a small chuckle. "Would anyone like to ease their minds with some tea? I know the passing of Milady Gloria is still fresh on our minds..."

"Of course, I am here to serve, as always."

Happy Maria

"Good grief, what a tale that was..." Maurice murmured, looking somewhat nervous. "Why... why did Mother have this book with her? Why did that feel so... real? What on earth is going on here?" He looked at the others cautiously. "I had a feeling there was something off about this meeting when I came here, but this is beyond even my wildest dreams. And that part about the will... that can't be possibly real, yes? Should we double check to make sure all is right?"

Twilip stands wide eyed at the story that seem oddly real. She gazes back and forth at the group but soon becomes fixated on Zachary's jaw. No particular reason why. Just seemed weird to her.
Quote:
"Well... That was an interesting read, was it not?" Archer lets out a small chuckle. "Would anyone like to ease their minds with some tea? I know the passing of Milady Gloria is still fresh on our minds..."

"Of course, I am here to serve, as always."

Twilip abrupt blurts out "Yes, yes. Tea sounds very nice right about now after that read..."

Sleeping is my life.

Vincent stood there in shock after they read through what was written inside the book.

"What the hell was that book...? It seems so... real... Just... Someone must be really messed up in the head to write something like this." Vincent said as he cross his arms.

"Unless.... Auntie Gloria asked someone to write this book for her to keep. Just so we'll read it when we find it." The musician snap his fingers.

"O-Ow! It r-really felt like my jaw had been ripped clean off. S-Some tea might help ease the pain, even if it's just psychosomatic . . . " Zachary proclaimed, accepting Archer's offer for tea. He glanced over at his wife, sitting there . . . alive. His heart nearly skipped a beat at the sight.

"R-Robin! Oh dear, I . . . I really poured my heart out in that story, huh? Thank goodness it wasn't real. I really, truly can't imagine a life without you, darling." He leaned over and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Who knew of all things my dear Mama was a morbid fanfiction writer?"

He couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't just a tall tale, however, whether it was a coping mechanism, or the story really was that outlandish, Zachary felt much more comfortable believing it to be nothing more than words on a page.
100% pure Joy.

Last edited by Slezak on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Jacqueline was so shook up from such a tale that she found herself hugging her arms around her own body, feeling as though being enclosed would give some sort of comfort. If felt so oddly real that the supposed 'memories' burned in the back of her mind. All she could do was take deep breaths and keep all of the tears that threatened to fall inside.

It was just some story. Everyone would be fine and they'd figure things out peacefully. Yeah. Of course.

She stood to her feet, brushed some of her hair out of her face as she kept her eyes hidden from anyone else's view. "Everyone is alright . . . c-correct?" she spoke allowed to everyone before nodding to Archer's request. "I'd love s-some tea, thank you, darling." She needed to cool down somehow. Her throat felt like it was closing up.
*coughs awkwardly*

"Please do not speak ill of grandmother's writing habits, uncle Zachary." Lucine spoke up. "I am sure she had a reason to write this. Perhaps, it could be a warning. Or a threat."

"...Hey, boy, this little story ended with you getting shot in the face. Grandma Gloria is a weird one, isn't she?" Briggs asked Allister, looking somewhat concerned and trying to make a bit of a joke.

"Anyways, if you really, absolutely need something from me, then come find me," Briggs said, bowing.

Sock

Archer shortly returns with a tray of tea and several teacups, enough for everyone who wants tea (even if they didn't say so. What a butler!)

"Milady Gloria is surely just in her reasons for having a text like this. Regardless of what that reason may be..."

ASCEND

Uncle Billy, who is back now, laughed hysterically.

“Ha, that was very good spooky story! Gloria must be really creative to come up with story like that. Unfortunately I hate it because I died immediately, but no one can write perfect novel on first try!”

Billy then remembered that Gloria had just been found dead, and the room was still fairly grim.

“Sorry for loudness. I just feel very energetic right now,” Uncle Billy added, “Just this deep joy, simply to be alive! I guess that what happen when you confronted by body like this. Still a little strange...”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Kachu wrote:
Archer shortly returns with a tray of tea and several teacups, enough for everyone who wants tea (even if they didn't say so. What a butler!)

"Milady Gloria is surely just in her reasons for having a text like this. Regardless of what that reason may be..."

"Do you truly believe so? It ended on quite a sour note. Unless you find endings of child homicide appealing."

Robin's complexion had grown paler and paler as the story continued, depicting her own death near the beginning and only getting worse from there. She was feeling quite shaken and even a little sick by the end. Zach's kiss brought a bit of color back to her face.

"It's-- hard to imagine, for sure," she said with an awkward laugh. Even though the problem was, it was far too easy to imagine.

She squeezed Zach's hand, trying to ignore the clammy feeling, and stood. "I agree with the others. Some tea would be good." She glanced around the room until she spotted the eldest brother. "But first... Um. Could I talk to you for a moment, Bertram?"

Last edited by UkuleleLady on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allister blinked. He looked down at himself, checking to see he was all in one piece. He breathed a sigh of relief once he found there was no bullet hole.

"T-That felt too realistic..." He said quietly. "I don't like it...."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Hey, boy, this little story ended with you getting shot in the face. Grandma Gloria is a weird one, isn't she?" Briggs asked Allister, looking somewhat concerned and trying to make a bit of a joke.

"Anyways, if you really, absolutely need something from me, then come find me," Briggs said, bowing.

"Briggs!" Allister exclaimed, ignoring the comment about him being shot. "I missed you. It's really good to see you again."

He then paused. "I-I don't know why I said that. You've been here the entire time we've been listening to the story... Perhaps I'm feeling unwell."

fella

"... Well. That was certainly an... interesting story," Asher remarked, scratching the back of his head. "I just wonder why Grandmother would have such a thing, whether she wrote it or not... And how it involved every single person who came here today, including Billy."

He let out a small sigh and idly tapped his fingers on his cane that he's totally had most of the time. He took the tea from Archer and slightly nodded as his own unique way of thanking him.

"... Hopefully that was all just some... work of fiction and not a warning. Or a threat. ... I doubt it would be either of those things, though."

Twilip takes one of the cups from Archer. "Thank you Archer..." She says very uneasily as she takes a sip. "God what the hell was that even about?.." Twilip proceeds to chug the drink.

Joker wrote:
Allister blinked. He looked down at himself, checking to see he was all in one piece. He breathed a sigh of relief once he found there was no bullet hole.

"T-That felt too realistic..." He said quietly. "I don't like it...."

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Briggs!" Allister exclaimed, ignoring the comment about him being shot. "I missed you. It's really good to see you again."

He then paused. "I-I don't know why I said that. You've been here the entire time we've been listening to the story... Perhaps I'm feeling unwell."

Briggs let out a strangely genuine smile, ruffling Allister's hair.

"It's just the scary story. You need some milk or something?"

Happy Maria

"Well, I'd hope if this happened in reality, we would handle all of this much better", Maurice remarked, taking some tea and sipping it. "Really, the ending of that was horrific. We hardly lynched anybody, and one of them was a child! Simply ridiculous." He shook his head. "Far too careless on our fictional selves' part."

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Jacqueline smiled brightly to Archer, gladly excepting the tea and taking a sip. "Thank you, dearest. Do try to take it easy, alright? You may be a butler, but you are just as important as everyone else. Go on. Sit down. Relax, sweetheart." Her smile softened before she took another sip.

That story ought to have drained everyone. She believed they all deserved a mental nap.
*coughs awkwardly*
Page 24 of 63 [ 2503 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 63  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus