Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 637 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Eh I got the vaccine so I don't think I'm feeling any symptoms? Just more concerned for my family who've had to shut down alongside me. Is interesting so see more of the support systems in place I wouldn't otherwise. Deliveries and bursaries offered to keep us going and all.

There's still a few of us here. Think forums are generally losing out but eh it's ok :kristoph: Nice to see ol' folks again from time to time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Quote:
Also congrats Corn! It legit warms my heart every time I hear about someone coming out as themselves!

Thank you! Much appreciated :)

An Enigma Among Humans

I've been accepted for a job as an office assistant. Goodbye gas station clerking! To be honest, this is all I've wanted to do. Just being an office lacky, working at a computer, organizing things for other people. I won't pretend it'll always be perfect, but I definitely be more something I want to do.

Just gotta wait for all the paperwork to go through.

Gettin' Old!

Congrats Doitsu! That's great news!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

An Enigma Among Humans

Pierre wrote:
Congrats Doitsu! That's great news!

Thanks :hotti: I hope that I'm just able to do everything I need to do right.

In Justice We Trust

Office jobs are definitely among the more comfortable jobs out there, in my opinion.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Mum tested positive last night, so my brother has now moved down into my room to isolate us from mum and dad.

:sadshoe:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Oh, dear. Here's hoping she recovers quickly and no one else catches it.

^ Same. Good luck Pierre.

Happy Maria

Yeah take care Pierre, hope everyone else stays safe.

An Enigma Among Humans

Hope that everyone recovers in good health

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I hope everyone is okay, especially with all that’s happening in the US lately with Covid and the horrible hate crimes...

I lost a family member to Covid recently. I’ve been very careful when I go out, but because it hit so close to home I’m gonna be even more careful from now on.
Please stay safe, everyone.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

bratty waifu wrote:
I hope everyone is okay, especially with all that’s happening in the US lately with Covid and the horrible hate crimes...

I lost a family member to Covid recently. I’ve been very careful when I go out, but because it hit so close to home I’m gonna be even more careful from now on.
Please stay safe, everyone.

Aw Dawn :( I'm so sorry to hear that. :sadshoe:

I'll stay as safe as I can. I got my second vaccine recently so I'm hoping that's me good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

Spoiler:
Feeling old, and feeling tired.
10 years ago I never would have thought I'd still be alive, strange to consider how often I have the thought "If I had died, I would have missed this"
Hard to feel sincere in my gratitude for good times when I'd still rather have missed them entirely.
Have this song on loop, 4 am and I've wasted another day.

Stepfather had brain surgery, removed a tumor from a gland prone to getting them that for the life of me I cannot remember the name of now.
He's fine, still can't taste anything after a week but they say that will go away.
Hard to think about how old everyone is getting, and I feel worse that the only one I've cried about the thought of losing late at night was my dog.
Could just be my personal opinions on mortality, I see someone passing on as sad only for those left behind. For the ones gone, my faith tells me they've gone somewhere they can eternally be happy.
Maybe I don't believe that about my dog, maybe she'll really be gone forever, and I just couldn't have taken her for one last walk, or bought her that nice bed.
I'm sitting here typing about the thought of losing a dog I still have.

Working on something serious, an actual novel. I want it to be successful so maybe I could help my parents finally retire.

Not many hours at work, been holding onto my stimulus with both hands. Paid up in rent until july so no stress on that.

Sorry to heat about the people with Covid, even though I personally don't think it's as bad as people claim, I still got the 1st shot just to try and help stop the spread.

Older brother has a kid, I don't think I ever posted about that, she's about 2 years old now.
Weird knowing I have a niece by blood, she's growing up fast.

Been writing for over 20 minutes now, getting ready to fall asleep. I hope I dream of something pleasant.

I don't like that this website is so slow now, I hate that I associate it with people I disagree with, rather than the fandom I cherished so much. But that's my problem.
I've lost hope in the fandom returning, I've lost hope in Capcom making new games for us.

But I am comforted by the works of artists and creators who continue to keep it alive, maybe one day I'll be able to write something so profound that it fully expresses my gratitude, for the one small flame of passion that remains in our fandom.

sorry for the shitpost.

High level play

So I saw a post related to https://www.ace-attorney.com/great1-2/uk/ come accross my timeline. I havent been back to CR so this seemed like a good time to catch up with everyone. As expected not a lot of people are left, but I'm glad to see you around DoMaya.

Quote:
Working on something serious, an actual novel. I want it to be successful so maybe I could help my parents finally retire.

I'm curious to see what you'd write. If its available in the Netherlands i'll buy it hard-copy. Otherwise I'll go for a digital purchase.

Quote:
I don't like that this website is so slow now, I hate that I associate it with people I disagree with, rather than the fandom I cherished so much. But that's my problem.
I've lost hope in the fandom returning, I've lost hope in Capcom making new games for us.

I'm at least excited to play the Great Ace Attorney after all this waiting! Maybe some people will come to the same conclusion. CR wont be what it used to be, but that wont be possible since WE are no longer who we were back then. In general, I see that as a positive thing. All good things must come to an end eventually. Like you said I will also cherish that time.

Personal update:
It's been a lot of up and down after a whole year of this mess. I've been doing well for myself: plans to buy my own appartment (finally!) which I expect to finalise within a year. I'm learning to play bass guitar since last December and i'm improving quite a bit. With a lot of help from my music teacher who's also a pretty chill guy. Still got work if not more and I'm moving up.
Unfortunately it feels like the world is burning around me and things are going worse, FAST. Politics are a mess (I could make a whole separate post about this, but not in the mood), people are incredibly short-tempered and the feel when no GF is hitting pretty hard during this time.

I'll be checking CR the next few days to see if there's additional traction. Maybe a small Renaissance is in the works.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Happy Maria

CR regulars are the real unsung heroes of this generation

High level play

By this point I feel more like a veteran instead of a regular though.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
By this point I feel more like a veteran instead of a regular though.

Yep feeling old!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Welp, I'm finally doing it. I'm escaping from dead end jobs and going to school to work in application development. I started at the beginning of the month and I'm doing really really well. I've got perfect grades so far and I actually find the assignments fun and interesting.

Oh yeah, and that new GAA trailer? I'm so excited to finally play those games.

Builderkid107 wrote:
Welp, I'm finally doing it. I'm escaping from dead end jobs and going to school to work in application development. I started at the beginning of the month and I'm doing really really well. I've got perfect grades so far and I actually find the assignments fun and interesting.

That’s amazing! Keep it up~

Gettin' Old!

Builderkid107 wrote:

Yeah congrats BK! That's great you got something solid that's working!

Speaking of life updates: A minor one but leading to maybe a major one. I've passed the last 'written' assignment I had on my logbook for my doctorate. What remains now is my viva: basically an interview with psychologists to see if I pass and graduate.

It also needed a written assignment but that's in and done. All I need now is to sit and reflect and think of all my weakpoints and how I'll talk my way around them. :nick-sweat:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

bratty waifu wrote:
That’s amazing! Keep it up~

Many thanks!

Pierre wrote:

Yeah congrats BK! That's great you got something solid that's working!

Speaking of life updates: A minor one but leading to maybe a major one. I've passed the last 'written' assignment I had on my logbook for my doctorate. What remains now is my viva: basically an interview with psychologists to see if I pass and graduate.

It also needed a written assignment but that's in and done. All I need now is to sit and reflect and think of all my weakpoints and how I'll talk my way around them. :nick-sweat:

That sounds pretty stressful. I'm trying my damndest to stay ahead of my assignments so I can enjoy the weekends off. Worked out, too, because I was just out in the yard for two hours digging a trench across the yard so we can run power to the shed. I was on pickaxe duty and my whole body is exhausted. My arms feel like spaghetti and I'm pretty sure the handle gave me blisters on my hands. Felt good to get some manual labor done, though.

High level play

Good luck with the studies lads.

Is anyone else turning 30 this year? (or soon?). Personally, I hated the idea of turning 30 when I was 27/28 but I feel like a lot of that anxiety came from the idea that I would share my house with students at the ripe age of 30. Now that plans are in motion to buy my own apartment the concept of being 30 doesn't seem to bother me anymore.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Good luck with the studies lads.

Is anyone else turning 30 this year? (or soon?). Personally, I hated the idea of turning 30 when I was 27/28 but I feel like a lot of that anxiety came from the idea that I would share my house with students at the ripe age of 30. Now that plans are in motion to buy my own apartment the concept of being 30 doesn't seem to bother me anymore.

*raises hand* I turned 30 in January!

Haha I never really act my age that much though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I definitely remember being anxious about turning thirty. I think it was mostly because my life hadn't progressed the way I had hoped. I was still single, living with my parents, and unsure what I was going to do with my life. It felt like a failure to me; I wanted to have a family of my own and a clear direction by thirty and I didn't have one. The fact that others found their respective callings later in life (Harland Sanders founded KFC when he was in his early sixties, for example) wasn't exactly any consolation to me.

One goal I have before I turn 30(well it should probably by my goal by the time I'm 25) is to not be a fat piece of shit anymore. Simple as that. Maybe when I'm making decent money I can afford to not buy shit food anymore. Grab one of those subscription meal kit things, maybe. It's so weird to think about turning 25 because I only just turned 21. Although I turn 22 in October. Christ, time flies so fast now...

Gettin' Old!

Builderkid107 wrote:
One goal I have before I turn 30(well it should probably by my goal by the time I'm 25) is to not be a fat piece of shit anymore. Simple as that. Maybe when I'm making decent money I can afford to not buy shit food anymore. Grab one of those subscription meal kit things, maybe. It's so weird to think about turning 25 because I only just turned 21. Although I turn 22 in October. Christ, time flies so fast now...

I absolutely loathe the fact that healthier food tends to cost more. Just feeds my paranoia that the rich want us dead faster.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Builderkid107 wrote:

I absolutely loathe the fact that healthier food tends to cost more. Just feeds my paranoia that the rich want us dead faster.

I've seen that produce is pretty expensive in the U.S. and i can imagine similar prices across the globe. I live in an area with plenty farmers around the cities and villages which cuts down on the costs of logistics. If nessecary I can literally drive to the farmers to aquire produce if I so desired.

Farmers have been getting shafted hard (here) because of carbon dioxide emissions and our country is so small that some people want to repurpose this land (mostly to build places to live).

I don't mind paying a fair price for produce. Thing is that 'bad' foods are often more accessible or can be eaten with no/little prep time. As someone who isn't pasionate about cooking this tends to be my struggle.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Builderkid107 wrote:

I've seen that produce is pretty expensive in the U.S. and i can imagine similar prices across the globe. I live in an area with plenty farmers around the cities and villages which cuts down on the costs of logistics. If nessecary I can literally drive to the farmers to aquire produce if I so desired.

Farmers have been getting shafted hard (here) because of carbon dioxide emissions and our country is so small that some people want to repurpose this land (mostly to build places to live).

I don't mind paying a fair price for produce. Thing is that 'bad' foods are often more accessible or can be eaten with no/little prep time. As someone who isn't pasionate about cooking this tends to be my struggle.

Yeah, so those subscription meal kit thingies BK talked about seem a solid idea but again cost a reasonable amount. It's exercise I need especially more of in order to keep losing weight though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Yeah, so those subscription meal kit thingies BK talked about seem a solid idea but again cost a reasonable amount. It's exercise I need especially more of in order to keep losing weight though.

Once I'm ballin' I'll totally grab these. Just seems like a convenient way to not buy so much crap.

In other news, I came up with the idea to do an exercise after I wash my hands after using the bathroom. Kinda gross, I guess, but it's a trackable and consistent goal. I did like 50 pushups off the bathroom counter(I guess they're called push-aways?) yesterday and my arms are dead. But I did more than I did the day before which was like 20, and more than the day before which was nothing. It's something. Besides, there's no privacy in my house and I hate people watching me exercise.

My abuela passed away yesterday, not Covid related. This was one death I knew I’d never be prepared for. I haven’t given myself time to cry about it. My brain doesn’t want to accept that she’s gone. I can’t attend her funeral on Tuesday because I’m in Canada, but I know that’s when reality will probably set in for me.
My province finally opened vaccines to people in my age group and I promised I’d visit them after I got both doses.... I got my first dose yesterday and she passed away just hours later. I’m literally lost.
Sorry for rambling. I just needed a place to post..

The cape is self-fluttering

Sorry for your loss.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

bratty waifu wrote:
My abuela passed away yesterday, not Covid related. This was one death I knew I’d never be prepared for. I haven’t given myself time to cry about it. My brain doesn’t want to accept that she’s gone. I can’t attend her funeral on Tuesday because I’m in Canada, but I know that’s when reality will probably set in for me.
My province finally opened vaccines to people in my age group and I promised I’d visit them after I got both doses.... I got my first dose yesterday and she passed away just hours later. I’m literally lost.
Sorry for rambling. I just needed a place to post..

Sorry to hear Dawn :( Hope you got plenty of support around you.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

My condolences for your loss of your abuela. It sounds like you had something special with her and losing someone like that is a hard blow to take, no matter if it's inevitable.

I'm getting my first (vaccine) shot this Saturday. I'm getting a bit of priority since I've been getting a flu shot since I was little untill I was 14 or something.

I'm a bit nervous for potential side-effects, since development on the vaccine is rushed, but for the big picture its most important to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible.

Sjibbey wrote:
My condolences for your loss of your abuela. It sounds like you had something special with her and losing someone like that is a hard blow to take, no matter if it's inevitable.

I'm getting my first (vaccine) shot this Saturday. I'm getting a bit of priority since I've been getting a flu shot since I was little untill I was 14 or something.

I'm a bit nervous for potential side-effects, since development on the vaccine is rushed, but for the big picture its most important to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible.

Thank you. And thank you everyone.
She was basically a mom to me since my mom was too young to know how to be a mom. She was going on 17 when she had me and she already had a child before me. My abuela was my everything. I was so not prepared for this.

The only side effect I felt (Pfizer) was drowsiness and pain in/on the injection site. My arm felt SO heavy and sore. It went away after a day or so tho. So if you get it, try to get it on the opposite of your dominant arm because you’re gonna wanna not move it. I get my second dose August 31st. Not sure why they’re making me wait 16 weeks, buuuuut what do I know lol.

High level play

bratty waifu wrote:
Thank you. And thank you everyone.
She was basically a mom to me since my mom was too young to know how to be a mom. She was going on 17 when she had me and she already had a child before me. My abuela was my everything. I was so not prepared for this.

I remember since you talked a bit about her while you were on here. I imagine things will be hard for some time now, but it will get easier as time goes on. Try to live your best possible life to honor their legacy and seek comfort from those who are still with you. Grief is a powerfull feeling so try not to bottle the inevitable sadness all alone.

bratty waifu wrote:
The only side effect I felt (Pfizer) was drowsiness and pain in/on the injection site. My arm felt SO heavy and sore. It went away after a day or so tho. So if you get it, try to get it on the opposite of your dominant arm because you’re gonna wanna not move it. I get my second dose August 31st. Not sure why they’re making me wait 16 weeks, buuuuut what do I know lol.

I've been hearing something similar from friends/family. I'm expecting to be sore 2 days MAX, but it would bum me out if it prevented me from playing the guitar. My second shot is in 6 weeks from now, which already is pretty long in my opinion, but thats's from the perspective of a nation with 17,5 million people in it.

This week things got really busy regarding an appartment I'm going to buy. We're currently setting up the buying contract properly, gathering documents for the transfer, applying for a mortgage etc. I'm still waiting for the current people to move out, but this would mean it will be in my ownership very soon. Not sure I've talked about this before, but I'm buying an appartment although currently people live in there who pay rent (to the person who sells the appartment to me). In the current housing crisis I've been able to strike a super rare deal where I didn't have to bid against other buyers. That little bit already saved me around €25.000, so I'm tired, but happy lately.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
I've been hearing something similar from friends/family. I'm expecting to be sore 2 days MAX, but it would bum me out if it prevented me from playing the guitar. My second shot is in 6 weeks from now, which already is pretty long in my opinion, but thats's from the perspective of a nation with 17,5 million people in it.

This week things got really busy regarding an appartment I'm going to buy. We're currently setting up the buying contract properly, gathering documents for the transfer, applying for a mortgage etc. I'm still waiting for the current people to move out, but this would mean it will be in my ownership very soon. Not sure I've talked about this before, but I'm buying an appartment although currently people live in there who pay rent (to the person who sells the appartment to me). In the current housing crisis I've been able to strike a super rare deal where I didn't have to bid against other buyers. That little bit already saved me around €25.000, so I'm tired, but happy lately.

Yeah a little bit of sickness or tiredness is to be expected. Didn't feel like much more than a fever for me but I know colleagues who took a few days off it laid them low.

That's great news about your apartment though! Hope you get to enjoy it soon once folks move out!

I sat my Viva today (it's a big interview and the last part of my doctorate) so if all else goes well I'll get the approval tomorrow. I think it went ok, they went away to consult at the end and came back saying they didn't have any other questions. I didn't freeze up on anything so yeah, tomorrow will be interesting.

Tomorrow also has a job interview that I need my doctorate for and gotta give a presentation at. :sadshoe: Ah work.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
I sat my Viva today (it's a big interview and the last part of my doctorate) so if all else goes well I'll get the approval tomorrow. I think it went ok, they went away to consult at the end and came back saying they didn't have any other questions. I didn't freeze up on anything so yeah, tomorrow will be interesting.

Tomorrow also has a job interview that I need my doctorate for and gotta give a presentation at. :sadshoe: Ah work.

Good luck with the interview! What is the subject of graduation assignment? I'm curious.
These 'final showdown' like encounters are always stressfull, no matter how experienced you are (which is the final stage of your doctorate).

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Good luck with the interview! What is the subject of graduation assignment? I'm curious.
These 'final showdown' like encounters are always stressfull, no matter how experienced you are (which is the final stage of your doctorate).

Hey sorry for the delay. Yeah I passed my viva :kristoph: I'm on track to doctorhood and that feels super weird. Gotta tell friends and family to stop calling me "Doctor" cause it's so strange.

The viva went well, I've been given all the thumbs up. Things will still be getting verified and documentation processed, then I can properly call myself a Counselling Psychologist (or a Chartered Psychologist). Sadly, there'll be no big graduation ceremony cause of Covid, and I'd love a nice meal out somewhere but things are limited as is.

Now to exhaust myself in looking into jobs :sadshoe:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Hey sorry for the delay. Yeah I passed my viva :kristoph: I'm on track to doctorhood and that feels super weird. Gotta tell friends and family to stop calling me "Doctor" cause it's so strange.

The viva went well, I've been given all the thumbs up. Things will still be getting verified and documentation processed, then I can properly call myself a Counselling Psychologist (or a Chartered Psychologist). Sadly, there'll be no big graduation ceremony cause of Covid, and I'd love a nice meal out somewhere but things are limited as is.

Now to exhaust myself in looking into jobs :sadshoe:

Congratulations on passing! Although, before you start a new job consider taking a break/holiday for a few weeks. When you start at your new position it will be hard to get an extended period of absense, so you'll want to recharge yourself first from all the stress of the study and the past year.

I wouldn't let this event go uncelibrated. It's unfortunate you can't get a ceremony or a big party, but a small gathering of family and/or friends is in order for such an occasion wouldn't you agree?

Page 637 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus