Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 4 of 5[ 196 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Press ConferenceTopic%20Title

Yes, I'm a FredHead

Exactly. Stooping to Haggar's level won't make us win. Doing better than him will. I've nothing against Gnat being evil, it just isn't making us win any faster.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Good work.
fuck

Last edited by The Sandwich on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Science: It's cuter than ever

I somewhat agree with the "Saying Gant will kill you isn't earning us brownie points" idea, actually. Not that we can't have ANY points like that, just that it shouldn't be the center focus. I, personally, think we should have a mix--point out his amazing spur-of-the-moment planning ability, point out his power and money, point out his past position as chief of police, point out his popularity and charisma and VK as vice pres--then mix it with a dubious cast of cabinet members, something about his badass villain persona, and add something silly like national swimming week and we've covered all the bases.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Okay folks. You've probably noticed my absence. It's actually two part, first with school out my computer time has been quartered. The other part, is that when I've had free time I've been working on the first draft of our Gant for President Script.

Script Draft

I used a lot of our conversations in this board to build up the dialog. Notable people include Mikker, Anders, Just_Some_Dude, and a few that escape my mind at the moment.

Now, the script can use some fine tuning. If someone's willing to give it a good look at, I'll be willing to make changes.

Next, N-Mario has graciously allowed us to use a segment of his Phoenix Wrong. More particular the segment where Von Karma objects Phoenix to death. This may be the sort of eye candy that could turn the tide in our favor.

Now that we have some assemblence of a script, we still have the issue about the medium but I want to hear what people think first.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Science: It's cuter than ever

Wooster, this script is BRILLIANT :gant:

I LOL'D wrote:
GANT

Oh sure, there are various qualifications: age, citizenry etc. But if I had to take a gander, I'd say it was the 'Chief of Police' on my resume that did them in.

Personally, I'd say it was the bomb threat to the admissions office.

STILL LOLING wrote:

Fool. Are you blind in addition to being senile? That's me in a bulldozer.

Pure gold here :gant: Amusing as well as in-character and well thought-out. Wonderfully done. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this! ^.^

Now that I've read it, I honestly prefer Phoenix over Gant.

But the public has voted so....

Struck by a blunt objection

Okay, heres some things that might be missing.

1) When talking about Major Haggar, you could go into each of HIS ten reasons, and gave Gant say why he is better then him in those fields.

:damon: : And have you seen his list of ten reasons to vote for him?!

:damon: : Hah! Even if you go by those alone, I would still win!

:damon: : See? For instance, he says he has 'old man's power'

:damon: : Now, for the first, I'm not only older, but I preserve my skin alot better than he ever did.

:damon: : You can't even see how much Botox he has sprayed into his face!

:karma: : And we all know that a fresh, but experienced, face is what wins the election. And Haggars is neither of those.

:gant: : And he even says that his nice hair is enough! What a laugh!

:damon: : Now...

*Gant hair pull*

:damon: : Can you look me into my eyes and honestly say that his hair is cooler than mine?

:damon: : ....

:damon: : Thought so.

(I don't remember them all, but a few examples should be enough?)

2) critizise Phoenix s litte more, here. We won't have him come up as the good guy.

- Bring up 'stealing his friend's lunch money' as one of his crimes,

- Have Gant bring up the fact that 'Phoenix is not even old enough' after talking about how much knowladge is power,

- Make Gant laugh at his demands for justice, and how he is going to do this by reevaluating all the cases where the defendant is found guilty. Make him say that this, besides being naive is a 'complete waste of my money', and that he, personally, auto-guilty all defendants to make cases go by much smoother.

- Have Manfred present a video tape of a Phoenix Wrong where Phoenix makes a fool of himself. Right after he says Phoenix deserved it.

3) The judge is rather sceptical of Gant's plans at the start. Make him like his plans near the end. And that he is going to vote for him.

4) You forgot Ini Miney as Minister of Foreign Affairs. With the quotes, like, 'Like, where's your country again?'

As for your script itself, theres a few spelling errors, obviously. But pretty damn nice anyhow. Really nice work.

As for smear adds:

- Haggar uses drugs!

Haggar: Today, I have a confession to make.

Haggar: In the period between 1956 and ten minutes ago, I've been taking drugs.

Haggar: I've taken Epo, Amphetamine, Extasy.... (list goes on)...´

Haggar: All at the same time.

*Television BZZT screen*

- A television children-showish channel that teaches children Gant-ethics.

- "Hi. My name is Manfred von Karma. Vote for me as the next vice president, or I'll zap you. *bzzt bzzt*"

- A commercial for the movie 'Damon Gant as The Kiddie Fiddler in The Kiddie Fiddler: Free Candy' with quotes like "Is is a rapist? Is it a pedophile?! No... it's The Kiddie Fiddler!" and "He will touch... your... children!".

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Thanks for the notes Mikker, I'll be making an update to the script when I get the chance.

The Missing Link

Hmm... the script is good... yet I'm a bit worried that it might too over the top? I mean, Haggar's campaign as far as I know has him showing his muscules, belt, and mustache and whatnot, but nothing saying things like people will be executed or he's going to take over the country and make it a dictatorship of sorts. Besides, that... wouldn't Gant be more the type to hide his true intentions and make some of his words have a hidden meaning? :damon:

But that just might be me worrying about this too much :gant:

Apeman1813 wrote:
Hmm... the script is good... yet I'm a bit worried that it might too over the top? I mean, Haggar's campaign as far as I know has him showing his muscules, belt, and mustache and whatnot, but nothing saying things like people will be executed or he's going to take over the country and make it a dictatorship of sorts. Besides, that... wouldn't Gant be more the type to hide his true intentions and make some of his words have a hidden meaning? :damon:

Hiding his true intentions will also have him hiding his true intentions from the capcom judges. :damon:

Legal Aid

Plus you can't have a president who is unsure of where he stands on the issues it would make the other canidate look good!
Great script by the way, Wooster, way better then the one I wrote out and a better version of Demon Gant slamming phoenix down on his criminal record by bringing up Nick's own list of "crimes". :enguard!:

Looking forward to your final draft.

Gyakuten Homerun!!

Speaking of presidents, here's a great video i found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3J-L29iT8

I don't quite agree with the way that things are going here, but since i won't be able to help i won't say anything
good luck to everyone
Image Image
By TotalSpaceshipGuy3. thx man!

Lord of Cravates

Location: The Thirteenth Floor, room with the cravat on the door. Please wipe your shoes prior to entering.

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!!

Damon Gant and Manfred von Karma!

I've always liked Damon, but von Karma as the Vice President... Perfect. And, you included my favorite video as a reference... Absolutely amazing. :karma-scream:
"Bleh heh heh heh heh!! BLECK!!"

Count Bleck, Super Paper Mario

A proud MilesxEma lover, but not a shipper. Not yet, at least.

Apeman1813 wrote:

Both campaigns focus on the good qualities of each candidate. For Haggar, it's his muscules, 'stache, fighting background, etc.
For Gant, it's his charisma, his presence, and just being the life of the party. Regardless of what he says, the general public will applaud him.
Based on the script here, he manages to bring up several interesting points on Haggar's reputation, and even defend his own criminal record.
While his statements may have been a little too bold on his part, I suppose that just goes to show you how confident he is in his own abilities.
After SL-9, Gant really doesn't have anything left to hide, so what better quality to use in your presidency than honesty?

Speaking of the script, I think it captures the spirit of the series quite well. I mean, everyone appears to be in character.
Wii Code: 2249-0584-6376-4379
Brawl Code: 1289-8098-6633/EGX
Mario Kart Wii: 2105-9059-1291

Legal Aid

Mikker wrote:

2) critizise Phoenix s litte more, here. We won't have him come up as the good guy.

- Bring up 'stealing his friend's lunch money' as one of his crimes.

:object: :objection:

:phoenix: "There was never any evidence that linked Phoenix to stealing Miles Edgeworth's lunch money! The case was dropped because lack of decisive evidence."

Besides that happen like what? In grade school? that is hardly relevant to the Phoenix we know today who has clearly grown up to be a upright young man. It was also revealed that Larry was the one who really took the lunch money and had an alibi planned out in advance to avoid taking the heat for the crime.

I agree with you Miker that we should be careful on how we portray Phoenix in this press conference, we wouldn't want him to look like a shining beacon of Justice next to Demon Gant whose methods are shady and questionable unethical at best. Going with the reason that Phoenix isn't experienced enough in politics is the best way to go. He is rather naive in that field and he really doesn't have any experience after all not to mention that he isn't old enough to run for president.

:think: Then again wasn't President John F Kennedy like 25 when he ran and won? It might be a point that we might want to watch out on being counter attacked on. I don't think there are too many bad things we can nail Phoenix on honestly.

Another thing we have to watch out on is how the public or Capcom will view Demon Gant's policies they may be too extreme on some points. We also want to highlight the good qualities of our presidential nominee as well I guess someone will have to be an Image Consultant that would help out a lot! It would make him look at lot less...chaotic? :eh?:

Yeah, I know jack about politics, however I don't want muscle man Mike Hagger to win. Demon Gant just has a ton of charisma you know? It has to count for something.

By the way, did anyone catch the You Tube Democratic debate? It might be something to look to as a reference of issues that people are really worried about in the 2008 election and maybe we could get some inspiration off that.

I found a really good article that highlights some of the best moments and even brings out some key issues on the debaters themselves. I really think we could learn a lot from this and again I bring up the fact that I know jack about politics.

The link.

http://themoderatevoice.com/politics/14 ... ms-debate/

Gyakuten Homerun!!

Mikker wrote:

Brilliant.

Btw, is court records the only major phoenix wright related website on the internet or there is some other community we can discuss this matter with?
Image Image

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Koff Kofy wrote:
Mikker wrote:

Brilliant.

Btw, is court records the only major phoenix wright related website on the internet or there is some other community we can discuss this matter with?

There are quire a few PW fansites... most of them are Japanese however. The only English ones of relevancy are Exhibit A, Swammi's excellent scan gallery... there's also some sort of 'fan listing' that predates CR... but it was seriously um, bent.

Anyways, I know I haven't updated in a while, but my Grandparents are having their 50th Wedding Anniversary in a week or so, and I've been busy with many additional tasks lately. But yes, it's being worked on, just not as high a priority with RL obligations at this time.

The candle has spoken!

I love the script! You did a really good job staying in character. Were they going to bring up Phoenix's old pink shirt to criticize him, though? It could be completely unnecessary at this point... Either way, good job!
Sig made by the wonderful Trabztress!

Author Not-Yet-Extraordinaire

Y'all realize that Damon Gant is the type of evil that thinks he's just doing what needs to be done, right? Yes, he's power-hungry, yes, he's callous, but it all sprang out of frustration at the limitations of the law in doing the right thing. I think you could point that out some while still keeping his charisma, rather than turning him into an insane megalo.
Up the Ante.

General PW Fan

I have to say, that script was top-notch. However, I must note that Gant -did- seem, er... a little over the top with the, to borrow the term, 'megalo' mindset. I realize he's no angel, obviously, only doing things that benefit himself and nobody else, but as stated, the characterization in the script seems a little... -too- much. Despite that small little thing, though, the characters are totally spot on. I busted out laughing a few times while reading it over. Good show!

Author Not-Yet-Extraordinaire

Oh, yeah, it's awesome writing. :D Just giving a bit of criticism.
Up the Ante.

Mock Lawyer

Guys to key to winning any competition is always ATTACK ADS! I say that a part of our website of whatever we do needs to be attack ads on other candidates. IF we plant the bad parts of the other candidates in the judges minds they won't want them to be the face of capcom (that's essentially what they are looking for). A great part of attack ads is that so few people will know who Damon Gant is the only ones who do will be on our side so they won't have enough knowledge to attack back. Also we should look for dirt on the obvious contender: Megaman. So many people will be making things for him we needs to ruin his reputation. Also when it comes to spinning we want to make SL-9 seem like Damon Gant had good intentions at heart.

A question. Will we each be sending in individual entries or will we all make one big one, and if so how will we all add to it?
If People Are Basically Good, we don't need a Government; If people are basically Bad, then We Don't Dare Have One!

You Need To Click This Now!
I'm Tails' apprentice (possible with a British accent)

Gyakuten Homerun!!

thatgamerguy wrote:
Guys to key to winning any competition is always ATTACK ADS! I say that a part of our website of whatever we do needs to be attack ads on other candidates. IF we plant the bad parts of the other candidates in the judges minds they won't want them to be the face of capcom (that's essentially what they are looking for). A great part of attack ads is that so few people will know who Damon Gant is the only ones who do will be on our side so they won't have enough knowledge to attack back. Also we should look for dirt on the obvious contender: Megaman. So many people will be making things for him we needs to ruin his reputation. Also when it comes to spinning we want to make SL-9 seem like Damon Gant had good intentions at heart.

A question. Will we each be sending in individual entries or will we all make one big one, and if so how will we all add to it?

dude, talk about fair play

by the way, is anyone in contact with other capcom series like megaman, street fighter, breath of fire, resident evil and other stuff to know how they're doing'?
Image Image

I'll reappear soon enough...patience...

I have some ideas that I'd like to add.

Someone who posted before mentioned foreign affairs. As we all know the Von Karmas are German, and being that Gant's good friends enough with Manny to nominate him for VP. Von Karma Sr., being a prosecutor known for his perfect 40-year career, is almost definitely well-respected in his home country and probably holds a high position there as well. That would give the US/Capcom a close alliance with Germany (which is a pretty big superpower, right?)

As for other countries, there have been a lot of characters with diverse nationalities in the PW universe (sort of). For example, the Cadaverinis could provide connections/alliances with the Italy/Sicily area. And Acro could confirm peace with Native Americans. (Okay, maybe there weren't as many as I thought...)

I'm failing to mention
Spoiler: Minor GS4 spoilers (area)
Bolginia
but seeing as that's in GS4 and probably isn't going to be mentioned, I may have wasted my breath bringing it up.

(OK most of these are just propaganda ideas, bear with me.) I myself have not yet read the script but I was wondering if there was a commercial break in the program or if somehow Gant just got to show an ad for his campaign, it should have his organ in it. I've read this entire topic and I don't think the organ has been mentioned. As Gumshoe has said, Gant does indeed play the organ. I think an ad featuring Gant playing the Star Spangled Banner on the organ (if it was even possible to do that somehow) while someone narrates his good points would be a pretty good idea, IMHO.

There are probably plenty of other Gantisms that we've missed, too (other than his lovable nicknames and swimming fetish). Heh, Gantisms. Maybe we should do variations on Yogiisms.

It's been mentioned that Gant's views on affairs like taxes are a must. What hasn't been mentioned is gay marriage, abortion, etc. The following skits aren't very serious, but I'm just wondering what the judges will think if we have Gant touch on the more sensitive subjects.

:notes: Mr. Gant, when it comes to the concept of gay marriage, where do you stand?
:damon: Well, I promote gay marriage.
:notes: Can you give us a reason why?
:gant: Well, just look at Wrighto and Worthy! Everyone knows they belong together!
:maya: f :minuki: a :keiko: n :ditz: g :scientific: i :april: r :cheese: l :chef: s :wendy:WOOHOO! VOTE GANT!
:ack: :wacky-edgy: OBJECTION!
(and for anyone who was wondering, I am ANTI Phoenix/Edgeworth)

:notes: What about abortion, Mr. Gant?
:damon: I believe that abortion should be legal. Not only do I support a woman's right to choose, but it would mean that there would be much less idiots in the future.
:morgan: (Finally, I won't have to bother with giving birth to useless kids with no spiritual powers.)
:youngmia: (Diego doesn't have to know about that one-night stand...)
:april: (Phew, I'm off the hook!)

It shows how everyone approves of Gant and will vote for him! :gant: Except maybe Phoenix and Edgey.

Those are just my ideas. I can't help much due to my lack of talent with flash, animation etc. but I'd like to help with this. After all, I once wanted to be president of the US myself, though I'm not sure how that will help here.
I'm still alive, don't worry!
(Last Seen: August 16)

The 5th wrote:
I can handle being alone because in the end, all you have is yourself if you give that up, you have NOTHING.

Mock Lawyer

Koff Kofy wrote:
thatgamerguy wrote:

dude, talk about fair play

by the way, is anyone in contact with other capcom series like megaman, street fighter, breath of fire, resident evil and other stuff to know how they're doing'?

Hey, real presidential candidates use attack ads. I'm not saying we say like really bad things, I'm saying we take some of their accomplishments and twist them in a comical way. This is a quick example I thought of:

Megaman, a "Robot Master"
Megaman was created to be able to lead robots in daily processes by Dr. Thomas Right.
Sounds like a helpful idea, right? Wrong!
Dr. Lights origional creation, Proto man, was designed to lead small millitary squads into combat.
Fact is, he disappeared
Can we really trust anymore of This "Dr. Light"'s creations?
Dr. Light also had a colleague, Dr. Albert W. Wily.
This man went on to raise an army of Dr. Lights robots and destroy cities!
Say What?
These scientists cannot be trusted, and niether can their creations.
Robot Master, Desserter, Evil Robot army something just doesn't add up.
Vote for Damon Gant, he has never created and evil army of robots or killed old men.

BTW guys if this contest is for the 2008 AMERICAN presidency Phoenix Can't run being thats hes not 35. We don't need to worry about him too much.
If People Are Basically Good, we don't need a Government; If people are basically Bad, then We Don't Dare Have One!

Heh, it might be fun to have some ads telling you why not to vote for people from that and that capcom franchise.

Let's see...:

Breath of Fire:

------------

Why not to vote for Ryu:

Dragon: *roar*

People: AAAAAARGH!

Dragon: *breath fire*

*cut*

While dragons may be awesome,

they arn't very loyal to their voters.

Body count: 1,512,604 (increasing: 605,606,607,608,609)

Vote for Gant
the presidential candiadte that doesn't smell of sulfur.

----------

Ghost's 'n Goblins

-----------------

Why not to vote for Arthur:

Arthur: ...

Zombies: Groooaaaa-- ARGH?!

Arthur *underware* : ...

Zombies: AAAAAAGH *runs*

*cut*

The sight of him is enough to scare the living dead.

Approach at your own risk.

Vote for Gant.
the presidental candidate that does't have small bunnies on his underware.

--------------------

Resident evil:

---------------------

Why not to vote for Nemesis:

Nemesis: ....

Nemesis: ROAR

*cut*

Seriously.

Why would you even vouch for this guy, anyway?!

I mean, all he's trying to do is kill you.

Vote for Gant.
the president candidate that bathes every day.

---------------

Gyakuten Homerun!!

Mikker wrote:
Heh, it might be fun to have some ads telling you why not to vote for people from that and that capcom franchise.

[...]

Vote for Gant
the presidential candiadte that doesn't smell of sulfur.

[...]

Vote for Gant.
the presidental candidate that does't have small bunnies on his underware.

[...]

Vote for Gant.
the president candidate that bathes every day.

---------------

the punchlines are great
Image Image

Legal Aid

Great jokes! However I was wondering if we have a deadline we have to follow before Capcom decides on a 2008 president?
I don't like to see everything thrown together at the last moment that would be bad.

Mock Lawyer

I hear talk that our main competition is Haggar so I made this attack ad.
Mike Haggar Attack Ad:
Crazy Vigilante
Thats what some Manhattan, New York residents are saying about Mike Haggar
When Mike Haggar was elected mayor he immediatly started a war between the Mad Gear gang and his crazy vigilante squad.
Mike Haggar wears olive-colored trousers with brown shoes and a brown strap over his right shoulder.
Is this guy really a mayor?
How can we trust a man to lead when he dresses like rambo crossed Louis Ferigno?
Does that make him a crossdresser?
HOw can we trust a man who couldn't even keep his own daughter safe or get her back by himself?

Vote For Damon Gant, He doesn't crossdress or hire men to capture his daughter!

Gyakuten Homerun!!

Shion wrote:
Great jokes! However I was wondering if we have a deadline we have to follow before Capcom decides on a 2008 president?
I don't like to see everything thrown together at the last moment that would be bad.

that's right. i guess a little organization here would come in handy. i think we shouldn't get lazy just because the deadline is next year and don't do anything. Even if we make it in time, there is always the chance that we find something a lot better than what we orignally decided and then change the whole thing around
we need someone to seriously organize this

btw, is ashfordpride, of the original phenix wrong series, related to this site?
Image Image

Koff Kofy wrote:
btw, is ashfordpride, of the original phenix wrong series, related to this site?

No. But as of recently, he's joined as a member.
fuck

DarzieP wrote:
Koff Kofy wrote:

No. But as of recently, he's joined as a member.

Recently? He was here since before he made Phoenix Wrong.

I'm refering to the new forums. Which he joined in April, which isn't all that recent but bleh.
fuck

Mock Lawyer

Whats the website that lists who our competition is?

I'll reappear soon enough...patience...

The script is excellent, by the way. I just read it.
I'm still alive, don't worry!
(Last Seen: August 16)

The 5th wrote:
I can handle being alone because in the end, all you have is yourself if you give that up, you have NOTHING.

When's the next election?
Don't mind me, just passing through.

The Father of Death

BLIRRIANCE!

Sheer brilliance. This whole thing.

Excellent!!
Don't mind me, just passing through.

Wooster wrote:

I think that script draft is pretty good. The only thing I don't get is how we can win when Gant is literally saying he's a crook.

All is not as it appears.

Meh. I'm not sure I agree with the whole "Vote for anyone but Gant and you die" idea. Don't forget, despite being one himself, Gant hates criminals. Therefore, I think him legalizing the use of weapons would be quite out of character. But that's just me.

As for the "commercials," I think that at least one should be an ad promoting Gant. Maybe something with him in a field of flowers...?
Page 4 of 5 [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River