The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

Any doubts I had about the game not being up to the standards of 1 and 2 are thoroughly dispelled. Some annoying typos, though. Maybe we can ask Lost to have the Capcom guys do a re-proofreading? >_>


Luke Atmey and Ronnie DeLite... both of them... BRILLIANT. Atmey's dialogue in particular is spot-on PERFECT.
Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
E~A
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am
Custom Title: Novice bimbo
Location: California, USA

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by E~A »

Yeah, I even laughed out loud more than when I played the fan translation.
Busterella
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm
Custom Title: lolkoala.
Location: NC

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Busterella »

:D *Does the happy dance*
Last edited by Busterella on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

One of the more unfortunate(ly hilarious) quotes in the game so far:


Spoiler: case 2
""Ever since I was a little boy, I've been interested in mysterious masked men!"

Oh, Ronnie...
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Daramue
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Daramue »

CantFaketheFunk wrote:Atmey's dialogue in particular is spot-on PERFECT.


I'm rather relieved to hear that. Luke is such a badass. :karma:
Image
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

Showing Larry some portraits in the DeLite house gets some funny responses.

Spoiler: Case 2
*Present Pearl*

Larry: Oh! What a cutie!

Larry: Hey, Nick! So what's the deal between you and this girl?

Maya: Hey! That's my cousin! Her name is Pearl Fey.

Larry: Pearl, huh... too bad.

Larry: Never date two girls with the same name... That's one rule I can't break.

Phoenix: (...I'd think the fact that she's only 9 years old would break some rule somewhere!)



Also:

*Present Adrian*

Larry: WHOA! WHO is this! Come on, man, don't hold out on me!

Phoenix: Forget about it. It's on a need to know basis and you don't need to kn--

Larry: Hey now! I thought we were pals!

Larry: I got a MAJOR thing for girls with black sleeveless shirts and glasses!

Phoenix: How do you know that!?

Larry: And if they have an orange-colored memo pad, I really lose my cool!

Phoenix: (He has to be making that up... He can't really know Adrian... Can he...?)
Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

....wow. Larry just said that he'd been dating a girl named 'Bennifer.' I can't figure out if that's a typo for Jennifer, or is a dig at both the media "Bennifer" couple and that Larry dates girls with strange names >_>
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Busterella
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm
Custom Title: lolkoala.
Location: NC

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Busterella »

Someone mentioned another girl named "Katty Tom" so yeah, it's a dig. XD
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.
Kat_Aclysm
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 am
Custom Title: When I grow up, I wanna be a hobo!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Kat_Aclysm »

Haaha!! That top quote with Phoenix's thoughts on Pearl are absolutely priceless X3 I laughed there.

Oh gods, you have me wired up for this game now. I preordered it, but I live in Australia and it will probably take a bit longer for them to get my copy out to me. =( Damn International Mail.

Thanks for sharing these. If you want to type up anything else you're finding funny, please do. =D
Image
Phoenix: I'm with stupid.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!!
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Bolt Storm »

I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.

EDIT:

GODOT

GODOT

YES YES YES

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

Speaking of Godot, the entire conversation with Luke Atmey about him is AWESOME. And the fact that it has this line in it just rocks my socks:

"Not surprising.... Some people spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearance."


(YES. FUCK YES. SAMUEL BECKETT IS HAPPY IN HIS GRAVE.)
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Bolt Storm »

:judge: : Well, Prosecutor Godot? Your thoughts on this...?

:godot: : This coffee is my own special blend. I call it Godot #107.

:godot: : I'm trying to decide whether to cut down on the acidity or the bitterness...

:godot: : That's the only thing I've got on my mind right now... ...Mr. Trite.

EDIT: O LAWD EVEN THE JUDGE GOT SOME GOOD LINES.

:phoenix: : The problem I have is here... with the broach on his chest.

:judge: : A Breach? Here? Bailiff! Get my steed! We need to retreat at once!
Last edited by Bolt Storm on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

OMG XD

These are some of the funniest quotes I've ever heard. Damn! I can't wait for T&T to arrive at my house.

Although...something tells me that I'll be stuck on 3-2 for a week like I was with 2-2. >_> <_<
Image
dmacmattack
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:28 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by dmacmattack »

:aiga: : Elementary my dear lawyer.
:phoenix: I love her mini omelettes they're magically delicious.
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

dmacmattack wrote::aiga: : Elementary my dear lawyer.
:phoenix: I love her mini omelettes they're magically delicious.


It's decided! As of now, I will forever and always love T&T. :gant:
Image
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

OK, we should start putting these into spoiler tags.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Poltergust
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Custom Title: A Kodac moment.
Location: Yeah, right...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Poltergust »

Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD
Image

:object:Marquees are fun...:whip:
Busterella
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm
Custom Title: lolkoala.
Location: NC

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Busterella »

Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes.

ILU, Capcom translation team. <3
Last edited by Busterella on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.
E~A
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am
Custom Title: Novice bimbo
Location: California, USA

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by E~A »

Can someone post the funny quote about the judge thinking it was an electricity gun in the first trial?

Larry Butz = FUCKING WIN! :larry2: :larry2: :larry2:
Sh1n1 ZE FIER
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:04 pm
Custom Title: A Swimmer of Dreams
Location: MS, USA
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Sh1n1 ZE FIER »

CantFaketheFunk wrote:Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD


You, sir, have just made my day. *immediately sigs quote*

...What does that even mean?! XD
Zetto San wrote:I'm not one to hate on pairings, but that shit's just illogical.
||Fanfiction||deviantArt.com||Project Kallisti: A Hero Could Save Us...||
ichigo
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 pm
Custom Title: ZOOOOOOOM! BOING!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by ichigo »

I can't wait till october to get this game and the localization seems perfect (including Luke's billiant dialogue).
Image


Thanks Sabreae
dmacmattack
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:28 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by dmacmattack »

:sadshoe: He's a real ice man, a maverick.
(describing godot)
TheDarkArchon
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
Custom Title: *insert something witty here*

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes, and it put /v/'s collective knickers in a knot.
Kat_Aclysm
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 am
Custom Title: When I grow up, I wanna be a hobo!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Kat_Aclysm »

I have something to share that you may enjoy.

Spoiler: Pedobear? In my Phoenix Wright?
It's more likely thank you think.
Image
Image
Phoenix: I'm with stupid.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!!
E~A
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am
Custom Title: Novice bimbo
Location: California, USA

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by E~A »

Here's a funny one from Case 2 that I liked.

Spoiler:
Atmey: My opponent was both powerful and vicious, you can say he was Powericious"

Phoenix: P-Powericious?
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

It's official: Atmey is Redd White in disguise!
Image
Daramue
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Daramue »

Sh1n1 ZE FIER wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD


You, sir, have just made my day. *immediately sigs quote*

...What does that even mean?! XD


It doesn't matter. Luke is so kickass, he himself doesn't even know what he's talking about. In my newer signature, I'm totally using that quote, because it's the best damn thing ever. Reason alone to play this game, actually. :karma:
Image
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Bolt Storm »

TheDarkArchon wrote:
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes, and it put /v/'s collective knickers in a knot.


Kat_Aclysm wrote:I have something to share that you may enjoy.

Spoiler: Pedobear? In my Phoenix Wright?
It's more likely thank you think.
Image


Just how many /v/irgins do we have here? :keiko:

*was around for said thread*
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Kat_Aclysm
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 am
Custom Title: When I grow up, I wanna be a hobo!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Kat_Aclysm »

Haha that thread was awesome. :gant: I wouldnt be surprised if half the board was part of the anonymous legion. Anonymous is everywhere, yo.
Image
Phoenix: I'm with stupid.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!!
Yokusa
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 pm
Custom Title: Unprofessional Procrastinator
Location: *insert witty location here*
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Yokusa »

These Quotes= Win :gant:
Image
This post is now 20% cooler!
Trabztress
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm
Custom Title: Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3
Location: At your door. With a scythe. >:D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Trabztress »

RIGHT THAT'S IT I HAVE TO IMPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread= <3 + EPIC WIN!
Image
I'm not going to be here very often anymore.
Happiness Punch!
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Finlalaland~

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Happiness Punch! »

That's it, Aiga might turn into one of my favorite characters.

Uno Questione: What is Godot's catchphrase? That's my rule?
SirLauncelot
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:31 pm
Location: Finland

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by SirLauncelot »

Sh1n1 ZE FIER wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD


You, sir, have just made my day. *immediately sigs quote*

...What does that even mean?! XD


I think it's just a reference to Monty Python. Have a look at this video. There's a line at around 2:23 with words 'Sir William', 'drop panties' and 'until lunchtime'. It would probably be best to watch the whole thing to get the hang of it.
Yuu-chan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 am
Custom Title: [Watchin' you]
Location: Up in ur law offices. >3
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Yuu-chan »

OMG
My love for Aiga-chan has grown EXPONENTIALLY.
-Rolls about in fangirly joy-
dmacmattack
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:28 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by dmacmattack »

:aiga::A fool is too foolish to know that he is a fool.

Where have I heard that before?
Sai-Chan
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:37 pm
Custom Title: (/o3o)/ ♥ \(ovo\)
Location: Stalking Matt. :3
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sai-Chan »

Mia: That P on his chest doesn't stand for Phoenix anyway!

Oh god this quote made me die.
Image
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Guess_Who »

All of case 2 is awesome. That is all.
Cheeseweasel
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:17 pm
Custom Title: The Best Part of Waking Up
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Cheeseweasel »

I'm a bit miffed they didn't play on the name 'Luke Atmey'. However, the following dialogue (Ace Assistant, Ace Apprentice) was slightly funny.

And I only just realised how attractive Ms. Amasugi DeLite is.
AND whenever I'm mapping stuff out in my head, I always call GS3-only characters by their Japanese names out of habit, despite not reading nor speaking Japanese.

At present, I've

Spoiler: minor GS3 stuff, NOT (really) PLOT RELATED
just given the letter to Yuusaku and calmed down Pearl and stuff. Now Maya and I are out lookin' for clues but haven't found anything. :(
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Pedo Bear reference.

In a video game.

What has the world come to? :meekins:
Image
Post Reply