Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 32[ 1259 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PILOT?Topic%20Title

That kid nobody likes.

Alright, but only 'cuz it's you.

Here's a rough sketch, not done yet with it but I want feedback before continuing (the sketch, that is, I actually want to try photoshop with this). It needs more tubes. AND BLOOD. I draw a mean robo-arm, and from what I've done before this is like making a circle for a head to me.

Cockpit refernces, plz? I just realized I'm not a real anime fan because I've never drawn mech before.
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PITopic%20Title

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

That's... freaking AWESOME. O.O

Also, I have no idea what Gyakuten Mechs look like >.>
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Seriously, that's really cool.

As for cockpits...

http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/GUNDAM/seed/l ... ockpit.jpg

http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/GUNDAM/cca/li ... ockpit.jpg

http://www.navone.org/Media/Images/Designs/Gundam1.jpg

http://www.mahq.net/ for design and lots of mecha source >.>

¯\(°_o)/¯

I thought this thread was a joke in response to all the "what if Phoenix were ........." threads

I suppose I should never doubt the people at CR.

Well, I phrased it as such.

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

... Shouldn't we just rename this thread "What if Phoenix Wright was... (insert bizzare occupation/state of being here!)"

Hmm... Eh? Would that even fit?
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

Well, I did want it to focus on Gyakuten MECHA >.>

[Watchin' you]

No. It's TURNABOUT GUNDAM S.

-shot-

Shhh, Yuu. It's Gyakuten MECHA :P

Turnabout Gundam implies a court case >.>

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

Quote:
Here's a rough sketch, not done yet with it but I want feedback before continuing (the sketch, that is, I actually want to try photoshop with this). It needs more tubes. AND BLOOD. I draw a mean robo-arm, and from what I've done before this is like making a circle for a head to me.

Cockpit refernces, plz? I just realized I'm not a real anime fan because I've never drawn mech before.

That's awesome <3

I just realized I have no idea how to design a mech. At all.

I'd think Phoenix's... well, it'd have a phoenix motif, of course. Reds/Oranges/Yellows, and it has wings. Energy wings... sort of like Xenogears if you ever played that game, though maybe a bit bigger. They've all got mounted guns, but I can't figure out what Phoenix's mech's primary weapon would be.

In comparison, maybe Edgeworth's mech, as far as color scheme goes, is blues/golds, a la the trim on his young!Edgeworth suit. EDGEworth, Mitsurugi, are sword names. So, of course, his mech's primary weapon is an energy sword, naturally. Hm... maybe Gyakuten MECHA Edgeworth has slightly longer hair that he wears partially tied back (except for the bangs). And, of course, when not in a flight suit, is in a military dress uniform.

Of course, we could always rip off Gundam Wing and have the style of dress be like, Elizabethan >.> Regardless, the Prosecution is more of a defined faction/entity, and more formal, so they've all got military uniforms. The Defense does too (Mia in a military uniform = HOT) but are more relaxed about it.

Franziska's mech uses a laser whip as her weapon, of course. Like... Epyon, I think it was, unless there's a better example. She'd be green/black/white as far as color scheme goes, matching her current outfit (Ironic, because Phoenix and Miles have their colors swapped in my mind, though I'd imagine their flight suits as their trademark blue/red).

I sort of suck at creating mecha/sci-fi designs. >.>

~ a lurker at heart

*DIES*

My god, one of the best topics ever XDDD
~Aurezai

It makes me wish I could draw and turn this into an epic doujin >.>

Assuming people are actually digging the Gyakuten MECHA concept and not joking :P

Autumn leaves

XD This topic is awesome!
I want to be good at fanart now :D
Floating down through these autumn leaves,
My
heart, for a moment, stops.
My eyes are empty, my face emotionless,
Because nothing can hurt me now.

That kid nobody likes.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

=D Thankie thankie.

No. Thank YOU.

(Seriously, it's awesome).

Uh, people, feel free to contribute your own >.> Need supporting characters, ideas for... uh, how their appearances would change if at all (like I don't see Maya wearing her crazy clothes :P).

Should this be in a solar-system setting with moons and space colonies and no faster than light travel? Or a more galactic setting with varied planets and lightspeed travel?

Unlikely Idealist

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Well, I did want it to focus on Gyakuten MECHA >.>

Yes, but it focuses on other stuff too. Up until recently, anyway.

With that said, I present:

Phoenix Wright: Angelic Attorney
(Shamelessly sto- I mean... inspired by In Nomine)

It's war out there. Ever since Lucifer Fell, the Earth, Heaven and even Hell have been one big mess. Where once everything was clear-cut and obvious, now the truth is so clouded not even Seraphs can always discern it. Of course, Mia Fey, Archangel of Destiny, does know what the truth is (or should be), but she's not talking.

In this confused period, a few key (and not so key) players eventually arose:

Gant
Damon Gant, Seraph Archangel of Judgement
Created shortly after the Fall, it's Damon's duty to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again. Charged with rooting out corruption, Damon isn't very interested in humanity and could care less about demons, feeling them to be mostly outside his jurisdiction. But angels, now, angels are a different story. Hell-bent on making sure there will be no more Falling angels, Damon charges his servitors to keep tabs on any angel who isn't his servitor. And if any angel is found to be not working quite as hard as they should be or even has the occasional non-hostile contact with a demon... well, Gant will certainly start showing some special interest in them.
Recently (as in, the last couple of centuries) rumours have started spreading about Gant, but not too loudly. It is said that while Damon, as a Seraph, can't lie that doesn't mean he always tells the truth. It is said that Gant can be a little too zealous sometimes, equating suspicion with proof. It is even said that he sometimes works with Demon Princes to hunt down an angel he feels is a bit too discordant.
But such things are never said by angels. No, of course not. No angel would possibly say anything like that. Not about Gant. Not about the Archangel of Judgement.

Phoenix
Phoenix Wright, Mercurian of Judgement, Vassal of Conscience
Created only very recently (less than a century ago, in fact) by Damon Gant, Phoenix has been created to put all those silly rumours about the Archangel of Judgement to rest. As a Mercurian, Phoenix is as close to humanity as an angel can possibly get (actually, Grigori are closer, but nobody talks about them any more these days) and so he has an easier time unravelling complex situations, because complex situations is what humanity is all about.
Whenever an angel's guilt or threat of Falling isn't as clear as it seems, Phoenix gets called in to figure things out and uncover the fundamental truth.
With the Vassal of Conscience distinction Damon has awarded him, Phoenix can put enough psychological pressure on someone so that they confess their crimes. He does this by making bold statements and pointing his finger a lot. Nobody is quite sure how that translates into "psychological pressure", but it seems to work.
However, there are rumours about Phoenix as well. People (that is, angels) wonder why he was created a Mercurian. Seraphs are sensitive to the truth, Elohim are far more attuned to the big picture. Yes, Mercurians are usually better equipped to deal with complexity, but it's still an odd choice. It's almost as though Phoenix was designed to fail. Which is a ridiculous notion, of course. The Archangel of Judgement himself created him, after all.

Edgeworth
Miles Edgeworth, Malakim of Judgement
Created at roughly the same time as Phoenix and also by Gant, Miles is Phoenix's counterpart. He has sworn an oath to serve justice and he takes judgement very serious indeed. While Phoenix may deal in shades of grey, Miles's view of the world is very simple indeed. If an angel is dissonant, he is guilty and must be punished. And as a Malakim, he is very good at delivering punishment indeed.
However, he has sworn an oath to see justice done. If Phoenix can persuade him that any punishment he intents is not just, he will stay his hand. If Phoenix can persuade him.

Maya Fey
Maya Fey, Cherub of Flowers
Maya is Phoenix's defender, more or less. She tries her very best to look out for him and take care of him. Apart from that, she's a bit uncomplicated and not a great help when it comes to figuring out cases. Why she ever partnered up with Phoenix in the first place is anyone's guess, although rumour has it the Archangel of Flowers basically ordered her to.
As a servitor of Flowers, Maya is determined to see a non-violent solution to any problem and make absolutely sure the whole, complete truth is uncovered before carrying out any kind of sentence. As such, she tends to annoy Edgeworth a lot.

Lana
Lana Skye, Outcast Elohite of Judgement
It is unclear how Lana fell from grace. She was once one of Damon's most favoured servitors and incredibly good at finding corruption in the ranks and bringing it to light. Yet now, she is an exile, wandering the Earth. She never says anything about why she was cast out and Damon keeps very quiet on the subject as well.
Lana is still very busy, although nobody knows with what. She seems to have taken an interest in Phoenix, though. She often appears with leads or evidence that will make a complicated case even more complicated. Even so, it's obvious she has her own agenda and she's only helping Phoenix to reach her own goals. Whatever they may be.

Mia Fey
Mia Fey, Archangel of Destiny
Contrary to popular belief, Mia doesn't know everything. But she does know every possibility, able to see every little way in which the future might go. She also has a library where everything that has been written down and will be written down can be found, if you know where to look. Some even argue that it's her who names everything and in naming them, defines them.
Although Mia doesn't talk or appear much, when she does appear her very presence does tend to inspire confidence in every angel around. And when she does talk she prefers dropping hints rather than flat out stating anything. Her hints are always helpful, of course, but sometimes one can only figure out what the hint meant after the problem is solved.

Eh?
Dick Gumshoe, Ofanite of Judgement
Gumshoe wants to help both Phoenix and Edgeworth, he really does. But his Ofanite nature makes him somewhat restless and easily distracted. He constantly travels all over the place, gathering whatever evidence he can to help out. Unfortunately, what he gathers may not always be relevant. Nevertheless, if someone needs to go somewhere and find something, Gumshoe's the angel for the job.

Ema
Ema Skye, Kyriotate of Lightning
As a Kyriotate, Ema is incredibly curious about humans and as a servitor of Lightning, she's incredibly curious about technology, especially in the field of forensics. As such, Ema can often be found possessing workers at any police department's forensics lab. She does have a number of quirks, the most prominent of which is that she'll always buy a bottle of luminol and carry it around with her.
Ema isn't particularly interested in the affairs of Heaven and hardly ever helps Phoenix or Edgeworth when they are only dealing with angels. However, once humans become involved Ema is more than willing to offer whatever help she can. Provided she's not too busy going through her current host's computer files to find out what he's been working on recently.

Adrian
Adrian Andrews, Cherub of the Sword
As an angel of the Sword, Adrian is comitted to the fight against Hell. She works almost ceaselessly to defend humanity against the machinations of the Adversary. She tends to become very attached to the humans she protects, more than even a Cherub should, and she has great difficulty coping with the fact that, sometimes, the human under her protection can come to harm.
Recently, Adrian has found herself in an awkward position. She has found herself becoming attached to a demon. Though she isn't fully attuned to her (yet), she has an instinctive urge to, well, care for her. She's almost certain she will be able to Redeem the demon eventually. She only hopes that she'll be able to Redeem her before she does something that would force her hand and cause her to destroy her.

-----
Von Karma
Manfred von Karma, Djinn Prince of the Game
It's war out there, and Hell's going to win it. Of course, that's not going to happen while there are demons bickering and arguing amongst themselves and Manfred sees to it that they don't. The forces of Hell are to be united in their cause to overthrow Heaven and any who disagree need to... disappear. Von Karma demands perfect evil from every demon everywhere and he'll do everything he must to achieve that perfection.

Franziska
Franziska von Karma, Renegade Habbalah of the Game
God has a plan for Franziska, as he has for all Habbalah. It was up to her to help Hell close the ranks so that the War could stop being cold and start turning the seas to blood. The weak and foolish would perish, so that only the perfect would survive.
But Manfred, her so-called 'Prince', works far too slow, his methods distastefully subtle. She decided to go to Earth on her own to try and... escalate... the conflict so that every plane of existence would explode with violent conflict, as God so clearly intended.
But perhaps going to Earth was a mistake. The whole planet is crawling with weak-minded fools that have no hope of ever achieving anything that resembles perfection. They are clearly unfit to live, yet she can't kill them either because some of them might go to Heaven and be rewarded for their foolishness!
And yet...
People keep being kind, keep helping each other, blind to the fact that those needing help are weaklings that don't deserve help. But somehow the kind sometimes manage to achieve something no amount of whipping could ever accomplish. Needless to say, it's all very... confusing.
And then there's this Cherub (the most foolish of the angelic Choirs!) that just won't leave her alone!
"Humanity is measured by the soul, not the flesh." ~~ Layla

^

That's awesome.

Seriously.

Have I mentioned I get really bored? >.>

So, more fleshing out the characters and their designs, along with the main mecha.

Phoenix ‘Nick’ Wright

Pilot of the SL-902 “Huma”
Spotter/Support: Maya Fey

It’s the Ace Attorney… in SPACE! Okay, well… he’s no longer the defense attorney we all know and love, but is instead a young, skilled mecha pilot who quickly develops a reputation for being able to turn what looks like a hopeless defeat into a salvageable victory. These ‘turnabout’ feats, due to his skilled piloting and natural ability as a commander, make him an invaluable asset to the Defense faction.

Phoenix, obviously, doesn’t wear his trademark blue suit here, as there’s not a courtroom in sight. He does, however, wear a blue jumpsuit while in combat that, when paired with a sealed helmet, will last him about half an hour in the cold blackness of space if he needs to eject… but then he’ll suffocate or freeze to death if not rescued in time (this holds true for most flightsuits in the series). When not in his mech, he dresses… ???? (not yet decided…) Otherwise, appearance-wise, he’s the same spikey-head we know and love.

He had deep respect for Captain Mia Fey (The Captain or “Cap” to him for short), and initially only takes her little sister Maya under his wing out of that obligation to her—but he quickly grows fond of her, and she just as quickly proves herself to be a capable spotter and support. Maya and Phoenix, now, are all but an inseparable team.

Phoenix’s Mecha

Designation: SL-902 “Huma”

Onboard AI: MIA. Patterned after the late Captain Mia Fey, Phoenix’s instructor and Maya’s older sister. More helpful than the original Mia (at least more willing to volunteer information), though retains her personality and somewhat unique sense of humor. As all mech AIs do, MIA is responsible for making the little minute calculations corresponding to the pilot’s actions, aiding the craft in maneuvering. While it isn’t impossible to fly without an active AI, it’s certainly much more trouble than it’s worth.

Primary Weapon: Six Wings of the Sun (Energy Melee Weapon)
Secondary Weapon: Beam Carbine (Energy Ranged Weapon)
Tertiary Weapon: Shoulder-mounted minigun x2 (Physical Ranged Weapon)

Like most mecha in anime, the SL-902 ‘Huma’ is humanoid. It stands about sixty-five feet tall, though the cockpit is located around the chest area (the ‘head’ is mostly for show, though much of the sensory equipment is located there). Named for the ancient Persian fire-bird that was said to be a blessing of good luck and would restore itself in a burst of flame upon death, the ‘Huma’ is colored mostly reds, oranges, and yellow-golds. It’s fairly well-balanced when it comes to speed, attack power and durability, though the young Wright is capable of putting it through incredible acrobatic maneuvers when he needs to.

The fire-bird motif is completed by the six jets of crimson energy—three on each side—that shoot out from its back, resembling ephemeral wings. These blades are actually the ‘Huma’’s primary weapon, and may be elongated to many times their normal length, flexible and yet solid, able to slice through enemies and block oncoming attacks. They’re quite hard for a normal pilot to control, but Phoenix Wright is no normal pilot. (If you’ve ever played Diablo 2, think Tyrael)

Colonel Miles Edgeworth

Pilot of the DL-606 “Mitsurugi”
Commanding Officer of the Badger
Spotter/Support: Richard Gumshoe

It just doesn’t feel right without a Miles Edgeworth to counterbalance Phoenix Wright. Edgeworth is a Colonel in the Prosecution space fleet despite his young age, with a light cruiser/carrier—the Badger—under his command. This is mainly due to his preternatural skill at piloting and leadership as well as his uncanny affinity for astro-navigation. His father, Gregory Edgeworth, was one of the best captains the Defense ever had, but after his death—which Miles blames himself for, plotting a wrong course through a treacherous asteroid field—Miles was raised by then-Captain Manfred von Karma, joining the Prosecution faction. His childhood friend, Phoenix Wright, tries to make him see the error of his ways and the corruption in the upper echelons of the Prosecution’s leadership.

Edgeworth wears a crimson military suit with fancy gold trim when on the bridge (or really, anywhere not in his mech) with his numerous medals on the right breast. His hair is longer than what we see in the series by a few inches, and he has most of it tied back for ease, though his bangs still fall down into his face. When in battle, he wears a crimson flight suit with the same capabilities as Wright’s.

His spotter and mechanic is a lower-ranking officer under his command, Richard Gumshoe. Gumshoe is fiercely loyal and devoted to his captain and commander, and even though his social skills aren’t the best, Edgeworth trusts Gumshoe’s opinion (especially when it comes to mechanics and electronics, his forte) and will often consider his advice (though he usually won’t actually TAKE it). Edgeworth sees Gumshoe as a fairly valuable subordinate and generally trustworthy person, and honestly would trust no one else to keep his own personal ship in tip-top working order.

Edgeworth’s Mecha

Designation: DL-606 “Mitsurugi”

Onboard AI: GOODMAN. Patterned after nobody in particular—a random officer in the fleet—it is a capable AI that does its job… which is all Edgeworth really cares about, after all.

Primary Weapon: Heavy Light Blade (Energy Melee Weapon)
Secondary Weapon: Head Mounted Minigun x2 (Physical Ranged Weapon)

The ‘Mitsurugi’ is around the same size as Wright’s ‘Huma,’ though it has a slightly stockier, more powerful build. It is primarily dark navy blue with gold and black trim, and the design seems to resemble an ancient samurai warrior at times. While the ‘Huma’ is a more balanced design, the ‘Mitsurugi’ sacrifices speed and agility for enhanced attack power and armor.

While it does have two decently-powerful guns on either side of the “head” with which it can engage the enemy at range, the ‘Mitsurugi’’s primary weapon is a frighteningly powerful energy sword called the “Light Blade” that can slice through almost any material that isn’t energy-powered with ease. The massive Light Blade is by far the most devastating "Energy Sword" type weapon yet seen in known space, and requires a special power pack on the back of the Mitsurugi all to itself.

Lt. Colonel Franziska von Karma

Pilot of the DL-608 “Brynhildr”
First Officer of the Badger
Spotter/Support: None/Adrian Andrews

Daughter of the current Admiral von Karma, Franziska was raised from a young age to be a pilot, to follow in her father’s capable footsteps. She was raised with the adopted Miles Edgeworth as her brother, and sees him as such—though despite the age difference between the two, Franziska envisions herself the “older sister,” with Miles her “younger brother.” The fact that he outranks her in both rank and position… though she accepts it, it grates on her pride.

Franziska, when not in her mech, wears a severe black military uniform, with fewer decorations than Edgeworth’s—after all, such things are foolish and frivolous, she prefers Spartan and functional. Her hair is slightly longer than we see in the game, though she often wears it up in her black officers’ cap, so you really can’t tell anyway. When in combat, she wears a light green flight suit with the standard capabilities. Franziska is one of the few main characters in the series to carry a sidearm outside her suit; she has a pistol hanging from her belt in a holster at nearly all times.

As one of the few female pilots in the ranks of the Prosecution, she faces sexism and discrimination wherever she turns, with many thinking she only got her rank due to her parentage. As such, she is very cold especially with men who aren’t her little brother, a determined and driven young woman, whom many might call a straight-up ‘bitch.’ She has been trained from a very young age to be a pilot, and despite her youth is one of the finest mech pilots to have ever lived—though inside she knows she’s not quite as good as her “little brother,” at least not yet. Franziska holds no real loyalty to her cause, she merely fights to prove that she is worthy of her name, rank, and pride.

For that reason, early on Franziska has no spotter—she believes she is good enough to go on her own. However, after saving the life of Global Mercenary Adrian Andrews, the grateful Adrian stayed on with the Prosecution as Franziska’s support/spotter, which Franziska reluctantly agreed to. Still, though she outwardly acts annoyed at having Adrian around, she’s secretly growing attached to—and protective of—the other woman, whom is one of her few genuine friends. Though she’d never admit it, of course.

Franziska’s Mecha

Designation: DL-608 “Brynhildr”

Onboard AI: LORELEI. Like her brother’s AI, this particular construct has no real meaning for her, nor does she have any idea whose consciousness it originally was. Still, LORELEI is a capable AI construct that aides her in battle, which is all that matters to the Lt. Colonel.

Primary Weapon: Charged Whip (Physical/Energy Melee Weapon)
Secondary Weapon: Heavy Takao Cannon x2 (Physical Ranged Weapon)

The ‘Brynhildr’ is a swift, agile mech that fits Franziska’s breakneck, relentless style of piloting perfectly. Slightly smaller than the ‘Mitsurugi’ or the ‘Huma,’ the ‘Brynhildr’ is still an incredibly deadly killing machine, especially in Franziska’s capable hands. Its primary weapon system is a long linked system of serrated steel “shells” that form a sort of giant whip. While the whip itself is perfectly capable of slashing, bludgeoning, and tripping up enemies as well as its human counterpart is, the weapon is made even more dangerous by the energy charge it carries within it. It is effectively an energy weapon, able to deflect and guard against other energy attacks, and its slicing power is only enhanced.

The ‘Brynhildr’ holds the Charged Whip in the right “arm,” while the left has been converted into two large, powerful guns that put the miniguns normally used as secondary mech weapons to shame. Designed by the brilliant weapon designer Oka Takao, these twin cannons can fire thousands upon thousands of rounds every minute to devastating effect—as long as there’s still ammo left in the reserves, of course.

An incredibly fast and agile mech with some absolutely lethal killing power, Franziska’s ‘Brynhildr’ is decently fragile as far as combat mecha goes… but that’s not a problem with her highly aggressive, relentless, offensive style. For Franziska, the best defense is a good offense, and even if things go wrong, the ‘Brynhildr’ is quick enough to simply not be in the line of fire when trouble comes a-knockin’.

Last edited by CantFaketheFunk on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm still here! If you recognize me. t.t

"Captain Edgeworth! We have confirmed asteroid impact on the bow!"

What? Things like this did not happen to Gregory Edgeworth, veteran pilot of the Defense Faction. Didn't his son assure him that his navigation plans were perfect?

"Damage report, ensign, I will not risk the lives of innocents!" Edgeworth begin pacing the length of the cargo ship's small bridge, calmly but not without slight worry.
"There are hull breaches stretching from Sectors 2 to 17, and Main Corridor 2 has depressurized!" The ship lurched to the side and the unmistakable sound of metal bending to extreme force could be heard for a few agonizing moments.
"Explosion in Sector 23! Fire suppression systems have failed!" The various consoles lit up very much like a fireworks show, flashing red and green as horrible screams could be heard even outside the bridge doorway.
"Sound a general emergency alert! Order all available crewmen to don pressure suits and seal the holes, and all passengers to seal their rooms with the emergency buttons located behind the beds. Also, begin broadcasting an SOS on all frequenci--"
"Sir! Unknown contact bearing at vector 97, below 40!" Another explosion and shudder masked Edgeworth's surprise as he whirled around.

Thank god...

"Contact confirmed as... Manfred von Karma of the Prosecution, in a Lancer III fighter!"

Hello, god? I take that back.

That kid nobody likes.

=D This topic is made of pure epic.

Drew this when I should have been learning. That'll teach 'em, trying to make me learn!

*cough*
Did most half of it without a sketch, so that's why some of it looks so rushed.

The pattern on his pants is like that of his suit. I'll prol'y take the gears off the metal plates, they just look out of place. The anatomy needs more work and his human arm & hand are crap, but I think I'm getting the hang of drawing him. I'll try some mcha designs before doing a good picture.

And he always needs blood on his face. ALWAYS.

Konran, you are made of awesome.

New Defense Attorney

Are you going to put Ema and Lana Skye in there? Ema would be a bit hard to place, though.

[Watchin' you]

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Shhh, Yuu. It's Gyakuten MECHA :P

Turnabout Gundam implies a court case >.>

YOU CAN HAVE A TRIAL WITH GUNDAMS.

BEST SCENARIO EVAR.

-shot. Tranqued-

Franziska Hayaikan wrote:
Are you going to put Ema and Lana Skye in there? Ema would be a bit hard to place, though.

Of course.

Probably having something to do with High/Supreme Admiral Gant. Like, Ema was almost killed and it's only his influence that could get her what she needs to become healthy again, so Lana is forced to do his dirty work.

New Defense Attorney

I thought Lana was a prosecutor already. Wouldn't she be doing Gant's dirty work anyway? Besides, Ema likes both Edgeworth and Phoenix.

Well, this isn't an EXACT translation into Mecha :P

And I meant his DIRTY work. Like... the stuff not on the books.

Phoenix in a jacket!

Best topic ever. You making a fan fiction on this?
Urby made these. Thank you!
Go GyakutenMECHA!

It would be cool to, but also a LOT of work :P

That kid nobody likes.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
And I meant his DIRTY work. Like... the stuff not on the books.

...Raep?

I was thinking more assassination, extortion, dealing with his top secret medical projects etc, but sure, raep. >.> Lana is his right-hand raepist >.>

More character profiles for Gyakuten MECHA.

Maya Fey

Maya is the younger sister to the late Captain Mia Fey, and the current spotter/support for ace pilot Phoenix Wright. A young girl not yet mature, she is often bubbly and exuberant, even after her sister’s death in the destruction of the Kurain. She wears a light-colored female cadet’s uniform, though never actually mentions whether she was formally trained in the arts of piloting and strategy (though it seems to be an affirmative answer).

Though almost perpetually cheerful and good natured, she does mourn her sister, and enjoys talking to Phoenix’s AI—because even though it isn’t really Mia, it’s the closest she gets. She’s also quite fond of Phoenix and sees him as an older brother figure, and has actually revealed piloting talent while coming to his rescue a number of times in the heat of battle.

Richard Gumshoe

A mechanic and junior officer aboard the Badger, Richard Gumshoe is Colonel Edgeworth’s current spotter. He seems to always have a few days’ worth of stubble on his face, and wears a light blue mechanics’ jumpsuit with a perpetual few grease/oil stains on it. Gumshoe can often be seen holding a wrench or a spanner or a tool of some sort, so devoted is he to his work. He’s actually the lead mech mechanic on the Badger, and has several subordinates who report to him.

Though Gumshoe isn’t the brightest bulb in the bunch, he’s loyal and devoted to his friends and superiors, and can always be trusted to do his best in any job they ask him to. He’s not the most social person, but he really does always mean well. He respects Colonel Edgeworth extremely strongly, and likewise respects Lt. Colonel von Karma (though he fears her ire far more than he does Edgeworth’s). His mechanical skills are absolutely top-notch; he’s a natural—and there’s no-one else in the entire Prosecution that Colonel Edgeworth (and reluctantly, Lt. Colonel von Karma) would trust to keep their spacecraft in full working order.

Adrian Andrews

Adrian used to be a spotter with the Global Mercenaries, though after her close friend and mentor, Celeste Inpax, died in an “accident” at the hands of fellow Global Mercenary Matt Engarde, it was a cold fit for her in their ranks. When Prosecution ace Franziska von Karma saved her from a similar fate by engaging Engarde in combat and shooting him down, an extremely grateful Adrian joined up with the Prosecution as Franziska’s support after her Global contract ran out.

She is a warm, amiable person, easily excited and slightly spastic, though she usually means well and feels bad over her clumsiness. While she does not have the co-dependency disorder she does in the games, Adrian grows close to people easily, and is therefore easily hurt, emotionally. She dislikes and mistrusts most men (though there are exceptions such as Global’s Will Powers). She is, in appearance, closer to her GS3 incarnation with a sleek black jumpsuit, her long blonde hair pulled back in a bun, and glasses (on which relevant battle information is displayed). Adrian is often wearing a microphone headset through which she communicates with Franziska, and has training in flying a small rescue shuttle meant for rescuing ejected mecha pilots on the battlefield.

I have more ideas that I'm too drunk to give proper writeups to.

Admiral von Karma's personal mech (needs a name, his ship is the Perfection)... it's AI is MANFRED, because the only person perfect enough for him to entrust AI priveleges to is himself.

At the end of the von Karma story arc, once Miles finds out about Manfred killing his father, he attacks him in a rage, and it appears that both of them blow up--Phoenix thinks Miles is dead, so we get the whole "Edgeworth is gone" thing that we did in JFA. Meanwhile that battle is going on... Franziska wakes up from her Engarde-induced coma, finds out there's a battle between Phoenix/Miles/Manfred, rips the IV from her arm, pushes her way out of the hospital staff, commandeers a generic mech, and arrives just in time to see Miles "blow up." She blames Phoenix for his death, and afterwards cuts her hair short to mourn Miles (and her father, she guesses...). Unlike the games, she actually believes he is dead.

The Global crew... as mercenaries, they can't afford fancy unique mechs, so they have a standard model--the 'Samurai' class, sturdy and reliable, one of the best mass-produced models money can buy. Of course, they're all heavily modified: Will Powers has given his silver steel-titanium alloy to make it heaily armored and defensive, while Matt Engarde opted to replace the armor with a lighter, weaker nickel-based alloy for speed at the expense of survivability.

Jack's onboard AI is MANUEL, his spotter is Wendy Oldbag.
Will's onboard AI is CODY, his spotter is Penny Nichols.
Matt's onboard AI is SHOE, his spotter is Adrian Andrews.
Juan's onboard AI is NANJA, he has no spotter at the moment.

Jack and Will like and respect each other, with Will respecting Jack's experience, the older veteran in the crew--and Jack respecting WIll's natural talent even taking his pacifist nature into question. Neither of them particularly like the younger Matt and Juan, finding their rivalry distasteful and offending, especially after Celeste Inpax's death as a result of it. If they weren't being paid to be on the same side, you'd think they'd have turned on one another...

After his battle with Franziska and subsequent crash, Matt's new prototype mecha is called 'Assassin,' and the onboard AI is SHELLY. It's a blindingly quick mech, one of the few that can legitimately match Franziska's Brynhildr in speed (how he beats her, she wrongly assumes she can out-maneuver him, when his craft is actually faster than hers).

The incident that left Ema almost dead two years ago also killed Neil Marshall, Lana's lover at the time--so though she despises Gant (he's the one who was the cause of it, after all)... she's still forced to be his aide for the sake of her sister's life.

Jake Marshall, Neil's younger brother, pilots a mech called 'Desperado,' with NEIL as its onboard AI... his own brother.

Yeah, I have way too much time on my hands.

lolkoala.

God I wish I could draw mechanical things so I could contribute to this. D: Maybe if you had uber-detailed descriptions of how you want the characters outfits to look I could do cast pictures/scenes or...something...?
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

That kid nobody likes.

CFtF, have I told you how much you rock lately? If I haven't, then there. You are honestly one of the most creative people I have ever had the fortune to meet, well, 'converse with online'.

Sorry, I don't have anything good today. It was rough at school and I don't feel like bitchin' about my social life >.>. But to make it look like I was doing something I have two doodles:

Helmet for Phoenix? Yeah, I had no idea where to start with this. Tried several different models, settled for this one. It kinda seminds me of some sort of Mega Man Zero-esque thing. *shrugs* Just the mechanical style I'm used to.

You know how in anime they have those limit-break moves? That's kinda what I was thinking, like after the mech has taken too much damage or the pilot is too injured it goes into a kamikaze mode. Basically the mech becomes hooked up directly with the pilot's brainwaves.

Or maybe they're always like that? I forgot to print out the mech info before sketching. *shrugs* I...think it's supposed to be Phoenix, but it doesn't really look like him.

Anyways, I think I've done enough sketching. Time to get to some serious pics, I guess I'll start with Phoenix and work my way down the list Larry

...Why do you people have to be so awesome? You're making me seriously consider stealing my brother's copies of SRW OG.

But anyway! I got inspired and duudled a bit. (Nothing compared to the awesome that is Konran, though)

I thought the little mic-communication Adrian has was just adorable. "I'm sorry, Franziska, did I call at a bad time?" or something.

Matt talking to his first AI, SHOE. I imagined it as a sort of Ryo-ohki interface. (Down with SHELLY!)

Because everyone knows if you paint it red, it goes faster! ...Right? (Birdie in the back because I'm very certain I cannot draw mecha.)

But yes, mainly stopping by to squeal at how unspeakably awesome this is.

...circus mecha would be trippy.

That kid nobody likes.

Urby wrote:
I thought the little mic-communication Adrian has was just adorable. "I'm sorry, Franziska, did I call at a bad time?" or something.

Oh mai gaa, that is win XD

Urby wrote:
Matt talking to his first AI, SHOE.

OhmygodSHOE.

~<3

Busterella wrote:
God I wish I could draw mechanical things so I could contribute to this. D: Maybe if you had uber-detailed descriptions of how you want the characters outfits to look I could do cast pictures/scenes or...something...?

Ack. As Musouka and Raelle can tell you, me trying to do detailed descriptions of clothing is me spazzing out :P

As far as the uniforms go... well, I sort of envision it like Lana's outfit for the Prosecution, as far as the top goes http://www.court-records.net/art/big%20lana.jpg with the shoulder embroidery and the medals, just with the men a pair of dress slacks instead of a skirt. Franziska would also wear pants instead of a skirt... due to the sexism she faces as a female pilot, I see her sort of trying to encourage a more androgynous appearance, via wearing pants instead of a skirt, and keeping her hair up in her officer's cap (http://www.uscav.com/prodinfo/images/16427.jpg that, without the camoflauge.) Her uniform also is missing the embroidery/medals on Lana's, just keeping the same cut and maybe a little bit of trim on teh cuffs or something, she's not big into the whole "ornate" thing.

Musouka suggested, and I agree, that we rip off take inspiration for the flight suits/etc from Macross: http://www.sailorteam.com/review/anime/ ... mlove1.jpg (bottom is flight suit, white is an officer's suit)

Hope that helps. If you want anything specific... I'll, uh, do my best >.< Maybe I'll just look at a bunch of Gundam screens or something.

@ Konran: That's awesome! I dig the Phoenix helmet, he'll need it for his spikes :P Also, the idea of a kamikaze thing... well, it'll DEFINIATELY work for Godot. With him, I think the concept is sort of "suicidal berserker" because he's in pain and the only thing keeping him going is his wanting to kill the person who caused Mia's death (whom he thinks is Phoenix, but is actually CHINAMI). That's why he doesn't wear a flight suit/helmet. So that would really definitely work for him, if not the others.

@ Urby: Aw! Yes, I find Adrian with the headset to be just as cute as you do, and I'm happy someone drew it. That's adorable.

Also, Matt x SHOE is great, even if in the MECHA universe he doesn't get the scars until after he gets shot down by Fran :P It's still wonderful >.>

And yes. Red does make things go faster. Duh.

I do kinda like the Gundam SEED style of uniform:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/60/bb/92_1_bl.JPG (Mia would be hot in that >.>)

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/42/d5/d8_1_b.JPG

I went back and read the story (I didn't before because the 'here there be spoilers' kind of scared me) and I was like 'Crap, I have scars on him when he shouldn't.' Maybe SHOE is still around?
The only person that talks about the red is my brother, so I was a little unsure if he was correct or not on that. I should have known better to doubt it, though.

Have you all heard about Mekton? I was looking at the descriptions for the suits and it came to mind...

While you're rummaging for suit ideas, never forget to look at Robotech. (Plus morphing mech ideas are yay. Phoenix go bird mode woooosh)
Page 2 of 32 [ 1259 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby