Page 3 of 32[ 1259 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PITopic%20Title

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Of course. SHOE is immortal. =O

No, haven't heard about Mekton. What is it? >.>
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

SHOE and SHELLY should be able to do something special together. Double AI can man twice as many weapons or something.

Mekton is this pen-and-paper roleplay about mechs, obviously. The defining aspect of Mekton is the design aspect - you can make ships, mobile suits, androids, and even a pocket computer if you really wanted. I don't remember all the details (the books are at my other house and I haven't looked at them in a long time) but when you started talking about the mechs I was going "Wing Servos! Energy-Based (Possibly Tail!) Servo!" and I could almost see a mapped-out Huma on a pretty piece of paper.
With that, you could totally put together the mech bit by bit and see how expensive everything gets. With its bulk, the Misturugi would be pricey, but Brynhildr's crazy gun-arm and semi-beam whip sounds like it would fetch one heck of a bill.

SO FRANNIE BETTER NOT GET HER MECH BLOWN UP OR SOMETHING.
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PILOT?Topic%20Title

Nope

Awesome ideas. Redd White

...Now we just need to put a bunch of Phoenix Wright clips in sync to Evangelion's "Cruel Angel Thesis" and we're all set. And just for the fun of it... Phoenix Wright Evangeion style!

Sick Shinji

Chinami Asuka

Ayame Rei

Odoroki Toji

Edgy Kaworu

Gant Gendo

Igarashi Kozo Fuyutsuki

Young Mia Misato

Adrian Ritsuko

Godot Kaji

:O What fun!

Urby wrote:
SHOE and SHELLY should be able to do something special together. Double AI can man twice as many weapons or something.

Mekton is this pen-and-paper roleplay about mechs, obviously. The defining aspect of Mekton is the design aspect - you can make ships, mobile suits, androids, and even a pocket computer if you really wanted. I don't remember all the details (the books are at my other house and I haven't looked at them in a long time) but when you started talking about the mechs I was going "Wing Servos! Energy-Based (Possibly Tail!) Servo!" and I could almost see a mapped-out Huma on a pretty piece of paper.
With that, you could totally put together the mech bit by bit and see how expensive everything gets. With its bulk, the Misturugi would be pricey, but Brynhildr's crazy gun-arm and semi-beam whip sounds like it would fetch one heck of a bill.

SO FRANNIE BETTER NOT GET HER MECH BLOWN UP OR SOMETHING.

ooh, that's really, really awesome. I doubt I have access to it here in China, though :(

Maybe I'll find a way to, uh, pirate it *cough*

And actually, Brynhildr does get blown up by psycho-Matt's return. She barely manages to eject in time, and Adrian thinks she's been killed until Edgeworth--also a bit stunned, but able to get ahold of himself quickly--sees her floating in her suit and is all "Lt. Colonel von Karma is EV [extra-vehicular]. Extraction team on the double!" (Adrian tears out of her seat to commandeer a shuttle and get Franziska to safety) before teaming up with Wright to engage Matt in his new "Assassin" mech.

But she's the Admiral's daughter and the Prosecution is like a giant collective, so having a Brynhildr mk. II (possible new AI: MEI?) isn't too bad :P

I really do like the idea of the "Assassin" having double AI. That's cool. >.>

stirring

I demand that Franny dies floating in space, with Adrian crying all over her, ala Char's Counterattack. <3

More people need to die anyways.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Last edited by Holy Hell on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

I demand you STFU.

<3

We'll see about more people dying :P

stirring

Well, I like my favorite characters getting killed off. Adds to the drama and my liking of them.

If Franny died dramatically in the most awesome way possible, I'd fangasm. :D

I'm not really sure if you can grab a full edition of Mekton without paying something, but you can try the resources page of this site if you want to look into it.

Edgeworth/Wright vs Enguarde? Wooooah. It'd be even crazier if Matt still was able to pwn them. (I keep having images of the Assassin tearing through the opposition in a very sharp plane-bird form before going all blammo in a humanoid mode...Matt would be crazy enough to pull some stunts like that)

Does LORELEI have any significance? (And I wonder how Franziska would work with a semi-clone computer...)

Matt could just order SHELLY to do his dirty work, I mean, that's what he did in the game, right? Enguard And SHOE...SHOE can scratch you up good. Or something.

Nah, not really. Franziska and Miles don't really care much about their AIs except for the functional capability, I was just trying to come up with names that sort of were connected and weren't already characters :P

Lorelei, I believe, was an early fan-character that was the name of Fran's older sister. I just sort of went with it >.> Likewise, MEI is just probably a random soldier that I chose just for the name.

And yes, that's pretty much what i'm thinking. Wright/Edgeworth manage to BARELY eke out the win over psycho-Matt and his experimental prototype uber-Mech (while High Admiral Gant watches live feed of the fight, sips a glass of wine and just smiles to himself back in his inner chambers). But this is before Matt kills dozens of grunts on both sides and shoots down Franziska's Brynhildr, blowing it up after a very quick fight that she's completely outmatched in, since the Assassin matches Brynhildr in speed and killing power, and is far more durable.

And yes, I think it being able to transform would just be awesome :D

stirring

Also, because this is a MECH thing, you have to have melodramatic death quotes, ala Mobile Suit Gundam. I expect final last words to be top notch, dramatic, tearful, and utterly bad-ass.

Although, maybe some "OHSHI-"s would be acceptable.

I thought 'Mei' was Franziska's Japanese name.
*check* ...Yep, it is. You might want to change that?

So...does Matt die once and for all after that battle? I can't help but think 'Awww, but he's so cool!'

I'm totally getting a creepy organic-monster type vibe from the Assassin. Because everyone knows alien mechs = evil. Unless they're Queblys (spelling?). zomg regeneration powers and it gets a new master maybe!?

Nnnnnyeeeerrrrrr this thread is too fun.

No, I know it's Fran's Japanese name. Just like Mitsurugi is Edgeworth's Japanese name :P It's just a sort of "Ohh, it's a METAREFERENCE" dealy. >.>

Maybe Matt doesn't die. Maybe Gant is still pissed at his failure, but hooks him up to machines keeping him alive to unleash him once more in the third and final arc.

And that would be really cool. The purpose of the Assassin is that it's experimental, a prototype that totally outdoes anything that comes before it. Which is why it requires two AIs :P The organic idea is nifty...

I'll clarify the AIs in a second, or at least how I see them.

And damn straight it is.

@HH: Of course, most of them will have powerful death speeches unless they just blow up. Specifically Godot. I have an awesome final scene for him lined up.

stirring

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
@HH: Of course, most of them will have powerful death speeches unless they just blow up. Specifically Godot. I have an awesome final scene for him lined up.

:D

I can't wait for Godot.

Ah - it's just that before you were talking about the MANFRED interface so I thought you were bringing it up again for Miss von Karma too. But it's just a 'winkwinknudgeSHOVE' thing, yes I get it now.

So then Matt's the crazy killer pet monkey character. What, you broke another doohickey? Fine, but this is your last chance! Go stomp on more people, I find it amusing.

It's a walking 'experiment gone out of control' bomb! ...Then again, Matt's a walking explosive himself, just give him the means and he'll go rawr on everything.

i really need to learn how to draw mecha

AIs in the Gyakuten MECHA Universe:

the purpose of an AI... well, it has a stated purpose. Its main function is to serve as an intermediary between pilot and machine, to make piloting a mech easier to do. The AI is the one that's all "Okay, the pilot moved the controls in that particular motion, that means I do a million calculations, adjust the inertial dampers, make microscopic adjustments to the thrust nozzles and fire at varying degrees to move it in exactly the particular way he intended." It also helps catalogue the battle and keep track of what's going on, alerting the pilot to anything just human reflexes can't keep up with.

it's POSSIBLE to fly a mech without one, but it's clunky and extremely hard to do (the fact that Phoenix manages to do so after Chinami sabotages his AI in the fight that leads to the destruction of the Kurain shows his brilliance as a pilot).

They're based on human brains because it means they're more capable of making all those caluclations... but more importantly, they now have added, biological ability to learn. To adapt to their pilot. Some pilots prefer very sensitive, hair-trigger motions with their controls (Franziska, Matt) while some pilots might prefer a bit more meatiness in theirs (Jack, Will, probably Jake). An added benefit of this personality... well, it's not on the books, but it's a well-known fact that solo flights, especially long ones, can be taxing on the psyche. AIs are actually sometimes used as conversation partners to make it easier to not go insane from loneliness. Also, they can control the mech on their own if given the ability to so the pilot can nap on these long journies (though normally, long journies are done in big ships with the mech in the hangars).

The process to transfer your "consciousness" to an AI is a short one, taking maybe ten or fifteen minutes with current technology. It also leaves no lasting effects or permanant damage whatsoever, and there are many who do it, especially soliders, just to get an extra paycheck. The only requirement is that you be pretty sound of mind and not have anything physically wrong with your brain, which can be determined with a minor checkup.

While there isn't any ACTUAL evidence that says so, there's a superstition about "copy" AIs--making an AI from a person who already has one--being less effective than original ones, so it's usually not done.

There are also religious and philosophical groups that protest it, but they're mostly ignored by the military groups that are in charge of the actual procedure.

Oh snap!

This... is just... Acro*tears of joy*

Anyway, I had an idea that I want to run by you. It involves the Matt/Assassin plot.

Basically, the idea is this (keep in mind that this is supposed to be mysterious, so all of this information would be revealed painstakingly slowly throughout the series): There are rumors of a mysterious "killer" in the solar system. Several ships have just disappeared, and later been found completely inoperable, crew dead, black box missing. This "killer" could prove a valuable ally if he has the ability to shut down entire ships with ease. However, all recruitment attempts from both factions fail. The recruitment team always either cannot find him, or are later found dead.

We eventually find out that this killer is actually Shelly de Killer, who harbors some sort of grudge against the Prosecution Commander in Chief Gant. We find out that de Killer was once a brilliant inventor, but was feared because of his fascination with death, and his ability to invent fearsome and deadly weapons. The Prosecution, however, found that his services could be useful, and hired him.

Later though, Gant betrayed be Killer, and stole his design for the ultimate mecha, the Assassin. Worse, Gant stole the AI that Shelly had already made of himself for the Assassin, as de Killer is the only one familiar enough with the mech's idiosyncrasies to do the job. (Not exactly sure how or why this betrayal would occur, though, but Shelly would be wounded, giving him the signature face stitches).

Taking this betrayal as a breach of trust, de Killer makes it his mission to destroy Gant. He holds Gant personally responsible, and is uninterested in the war between the Defense and Prosecution. He would figure semi-prominently into the final battle with Gant. What would be REALLY cool is if he has to hold off and/or defeat the Assassin Mk II (Maybe Gant forces Lana to pilot it?) while Phoenix and Edgeworth team up to defeat Gant.

Your thoughts?

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

Urby wrote:
Ah - it's just that before you were talking about the MANFRED interface so I thought you were bringing it up again for Miss von Karma too. But it's just a 'winkwinknudgeSHOVE' thing, yes I get it now.

So then Matt's the crazy killer pet monkey character. What, you broke another doohickey? Fine, but this is your last chance! Go stomp on more people, I find it amusing.

It's a walking 'experiment gone out of control' bomb! ...Then again, Matt's a walking explosive himself, just give him the means and he'll go rawr on everything.

i really need to learn how to draw mecha

Yep. Pretty much :D

And, with Godot...

I might as well put this behind a spoiler tag anyway, even though it TECHNICALLY isn't how shit goes down in GS3 at all >.>

Spoiler: GS3? Kinda? Sorta?
Godot and Phoenix are having their final duel (Godot in his "Lazarus," Phoenix in his Huma). Godot is, as he often is in the Gyakuten MECHA 'verse, going viciously insane with his hatred for Phoenix--the one who caused Mia's death (and his own life of pain). At the same time Phoenix and Godot are dueling it out, a meta-duel starts between MIA and CHINAMI, as MIA is trying to get through to Godot and talk to him.

Her fervent desire to talk to him despite being just an AI, and CHINAMI's equally fervent desire to prevent her, her passionate loathing and despising her... sort of blur the lines between the AI and the personality. A bit of a "Ghost in the Machine" sort of moment. MIA finally gets through to Godot, and when he sees her appear, even as just an AI, he's stunned and stops fighting for a moment--before CHINAMI spurs him on once more, though right now he's faltering.

MIA pries open CHINAMI's data banks and shows Godot what really happened. Yes, Phoenix failed to stop the attack on the Kurain, but he did it because of Chinami's sabotage. Godot realizes now that he swore he wouldn't let himself die until he destroyed the one responsible for Mia's death... but it wasn't Phoenix, after all. The culpable one is in his head.

Godot rips off the visor from his face, leaving him blind, with blood streaming down his face from where he literally pulled the circutry out of his skin. CHINAMI now is going all psycho AI on him, urging him to fight, repeatedly calling him Godot, though he mostly ignores her. Though he's blind, he knows exactly where the self-destruct mechanism is, having been tempted to press it many times before. No longer plugged into his visor or mech, he's free of CHINAMI at last. He finally gets the truth.

Godot gives Phoenix a speech about how he was once Souryuu Kaminogi, a good man, but a foolish one. He apologizes to him, apologizes to Mia--says he never deserved her, which she denies. Asks Phoenix to remember him as Kaminogi instead of what he's now become.

CHINAMI is still freaking out, and realizing his plan, tries to open the hatch--not wearing a flight suit, Godot will die from decompressurization/suffocation/freezing/whatever. She's still calling him Godot repeatedly.

He's all "I'm Souryuu Kaminogi, bitch." And making good on his word to not die unless he had finally avenged Mia, he blows up the Lazarus, taking CHINAMI out with him, once and for all.

stirring

Dude. Death scenes where people die floating in space are pure and total epic.

I love you, man.

Oh snap!

One thing I forgot. Brynhildr's whip seems like an awfully complicated weapon, design-wise. Perhaps another of de Killer's deadly inventions? (Designed during the time he was in the employ of the Prosecution, obviously)

If I'm messing with your already-formed plots/concepts too much, let me know and I'll stop.

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

The Greg wrote:
This... is just... Acro*tears of joy*

Anyway, I had an idea that I want to run by you. It involves the Matt/Assassin plot.

Basically, the idea is this (keep in mind that this is supposed to be mysterious, so all of this information would be revealed painstakingly slowly throughout the series): There are rumors of a mysterious "killer" in the solar system. Several ships have just disappeared, and later been found completely inoperable, crew dead, black box missing. This "killer" could prove a valuable ally if he has the ability to shut down entire ships with ease. However, all recruitment attempts from both factions fail. The recruitment team always either cannot find him, or are later found dead.

We eventually find out that this killer is actually Shelly de Killer, who harbors some sort of grudge against the Prosecution Commander in Chief Gant. We find out that de Killer was once a brilliant inventor, but was feared because of his fascination with death, and his ability to invent fearsome and deadly weapons. The Prosecution, however, found that his services could be useful, and hired him.

Later though, Gant betrayed be Killer, and stole his design for the ultimate mecha, the Assassin. Worse, Gant stole the AI that Shelly had already made of himself for the Assassin, as de Killer is the only one familiar enough with the mech's idiosyncrasies to do the job. (Not exactly sure how or why this betrayal would occur, though, but Shelly would be wounded, giving him the signature face stitches).

Taking this betrayal as a breach of trust, de Killer makes it his mission to destroy Gant. He holds Gant personally responsible, and is uninterested in the war between the Defense and Prosecution. He would figure semi-prominently into the final battle with Gant. What would be REALLY cool is if he has to hold off and/or defeat the Assassin Mk II (Maybe Gant forces Lana to pilot it?) while Phoenix and Edgeworth team up to defeat Gant.

Your thoughts?

I think that's pretty damn badass. Javado Sure, it's... yeah, it's awesome, I dig. The third arc needs more fleshing out, anyway Yanni Yogi I do like him forcing Lana to pilot a mech in the final battle, but I doubt that Gant, for one, would actually enter into his own mech. He's more of a "control from behind" sort of guy. When he dies, it's either Lana betraying him in person and shooting him, or his ship gettin' blowed up REAL good. :P

Well, the Brynhildr's whip is inspired by Epyon's weapon in Gundam Wing. But sure, I've got no problem with De Killer being like uber weapons designer or something :D

Oh snap!

Thanks. This actually started with an attempt to flesh out the cast with some semi-unimportant sideline characters. I picked Shelly first (because he is awesome) and the backstory just kept building on itself until I got the results you see.

I'll try to do some more later.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Well, the Brynhildr's whip is inspired by Epyon's weapon in Gundam Wing. But sure, I've got no problem with De Killer being like uber weapons designer or something :D

Yes, I remember you said that. I was just offering an explanation of how it was created in the Gyakuten Mecha universe. The idea of de Killer being the weapons designer came about because I wanted him to be good at killing, but just having him be a really good mecha pilot just wouldn't be interesting. Half the main cast are really good mecha pilots, and I felt that Shelly should have a very different, more sinister angle Shelly. I'm glad you like it.

MECHA should be capitalized. AND BOLDED (sometimes if you feel like it).

no, I really like that design of Shelly. It works! *thumbs up*

Oh snap!

Sorry, Gyakuten MECHA

Interrupting the awesome for a moment to lay down this idea that just had to come out -

The thought of Matt talking to his AIs makes me giggle.

Back to your regularly scheduled win. ~

It's okay, Greg. I <3 you anyway. :D

Urby, that makes me snicker way too hard. That's made of awesome and WIN.

while I've got some free time...

Lieutenant First Grade Jake Marshall
Pilot of the SL-908 "Desperado"
Spotter/Support: Michael Meekins

Jake Marshall retains much of his cowboy image (Space Westerns = win)... he at least keeps the hat, the hair, the bandanna and the mainly unshaven look--much to the irritation of his superiors in the Prosecution navy--but has ditched the poncho, wearing a standard blue uniform, though he doesn't quite wear it how it's supposed to be, it's a lot more casual and refined. He's gotten into trouble with it before, but due to his familial connections and skill as a pilot, he's granted a bit of leeway. His jumpsuit is a tannish brown color, with a bit of green trim a la his now-nonexistant-poncho. He, like Franziska, carries a sidearm--an old western-style six-shooter that's a powerful if ancient gun.

Maybe he's got a bit more facial hair a la one of his earlier designs http://www.court-records.net/art/gsds_21.jpg (the top right one in the middle).

His brother, Neil, was a higher-ranking commander in the Prosecution before his death in an "incident" two years previous. Jake has always suspected High Admiral Gant's involvement with such, and as he was close to his brother, has been trying to dig up what REALLY happened... but to no avail, and he can't prove anything yet. Still, it's caused him to no longer really support the Prosecutions' higherups in their warmongering. He'll fly for them, but he's by no means loyal.

He has a frosty relationship with his brother's lover and fiancee, Captain Lana Skye--he knew they were close, but the fact that Lana still seems to be Gant's lapdog even if he did have a hand in Neil's death tells Jake that she never really had feelings for his brother, and may even have played a part in the events that did him in.

Jake's support is a young, easily-excited Ensign in the Prosecution's forces, Michael Meekins. Meekins looks up to Jake Marshall immensely and sees him as a role model despite his slacker image. Jake mainly sees Meekins as annoying (though he does sort of care about him a BIT, even if he'd never, EVER admit such a thing. Meekins grew on him... like a fungus.)

In the course of the Third Arc, Jake tries to investigate Neil's death, actually infiltrating Gant's command sanctum, getting information on what really happened two years ago. He is captured and Gant decides to make an example out of him with a public execution.

Miles Edgeworth, Fran VK, and the Badger, having sort of cut ties with the main Prosecution forces due to Edgeworth's disgust at the corruption up high, find out about this. Edgeworth convinces Wright that Jake knows a lot about Gant and can be the key to bringing him down once and for all... so they mount a daring rescue on the execution to free the cowboy and get him on their side.

Jake's Mecha

Designation: SL-908 "Desperado"

Onboard AI: NEIL. Jake was close to his older brother, and his death hurt him far more than the stoic cowboy will ever admit publically. His brother had been his AI even before the accident that caused his death, and afterwards Jake kept it as one of the few remaining things he had left of his brother, one of his final connections. NEIL is a calm, thoughtful personality that often makes Jake wonder if it isn't actually his brother himself.

Primary Weaponry: Heavy Takao Cannon x3 (Physical Ranged)
Secondary Weaponry: "Paper Tiger" Missile Launcher (Physical/Explosive Ranged)
Tertiary Weaponry: Light Takao Cannon x3 (Physical Ranged)
Tetiary (fourth?): Duratanium Bowie Knife (Physical Melee)

The Desperado is not an agile mech, nor is it a fast one. It's got plenty of armor plating, and its massive ranged options make it seem more of a stationary weapons platform than a mecha spacecraft at times (though it is perfectly mobile, just not anywhere NEAR something like Fran's Brynhildr, or even Miles' Mitsurugi).

It's a Western-style gunslinger, able to bring massive amounts of firepower to bear against its target, relying on its ability to overwhelm foes with sheer walls of hot depleted uranium before they can even get close. The long triple Heavy Takao Cannons on its right arm are its primary weapon, though it has a smaller trio of three Light Takao Cannons (smaller and taking much less energy to power, though a slightly slower rate of fire and with much less power behind each shot) hidden in its "chest" cavity, right above the cockpit and below the "head." The left arm has a powerful missile launcher that can blow most enemy targets to bits should any of them connect.

If any enemy gets past this withering ranged barrage, it has a long duratanium knife on its left arm near the missile launcher that can certainly cut through armor and steel... though it's not the best melee weapon to be sure, and damned if Jake doesn't even need to use it that much, anyway.

Enemy pilots are right to beware the Desperado... as long as it still has enough ammunition, of course.

Excuse me, I'm just going to drool over badass military style Franziska (I think she could pull off shorter hair after cutting it when Miles 'dies' / her father dies) for a bit more. >.>

For a mecha series, we need some more J-Pop/Rock here >.>

Overruled

Do I hear T.M.Revolution?
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bullets will never hurt me.

KaitoKid wrote:
Do I hear T.M.Revolution?

Maybe.

Either way, we need a good (or awesomely 'bad'/cheesy) Jpop/J-rock soundtrack. With an inappropriately calm/mellow /melodic ending theme. It's just HOW THINGS ARE DOEN, you know?1

Hm. Before I was thinking that Phoenix/Edgeworth/Fran should rescue Jake via mechs.

But now I think it'd be entirely more badass to mount an on-foot assault, teaming up with the Global crew. Other pilots (minor characters, lol) create a diversionary minor battle while Phoenix, Gumshoe, Edgeworth, Franziska, Will... and probably not Adrian or Maya.... grab guns and grenades etc. and burst in on the "execution" knowing that Jake's knowledge is their best bet to take down Gant.

I think it'd be badass >.>

Total guerrilla whut? Or at least some sniping.

Matt: Normally I'm more into mass killings, dude, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Enguard
Gant: (Probably says something but I wouldn't know)
*La la Jake about to die!*
Fran: *ping*
Matt: My glass!
*Heroic rescue!*

Just for clarification because I don't think this was mentioned before: Is this a mainly space setting, or will there be landings on planets and stuff? (Thinking about how to encorporate the Berry Big Circus...pull a Dancougar or a Heavy Arms type mech? Perhaps the 'hired hand'-type crews for the Defence?)

LOL Kittybot

Dancougar? I don't imagine the Berry Big Circus staff (or anyone with Global, for that matter) Just Keeping Burning Love.

It's true that it doesn't work very well, but I was just musing about Regina at the head of an awesome Regent bot. And you can pull a Battle Angel Alita with Money! (That monkey's name escapes me.)

Hm, there aren't enough animals for a Dancougar-type anyway. Although it would be interesting. Yanni Yogi

That kid nobody likes.

Quick question, should the Huma have a human-styled head or a bird-styled head? I actually have sketches for both, if you want to see them, but I want to start one with Phoenix sitting on its shoulder, classic anime pic.

On the story so far; if this were an actual anime I'd fangirl it so hard that I'd probably have my assets frozen so I couldn't spend my lifesavings on merchandise.

I'm convinced that you guys are made of solid awesome.

I'm sure if we were to pop CFtF open, we would be avalanched by every by millions of every single synoym of greatness.

...Not saying we would actually do that.

But I totally agree with you there Konran! I would so blow my money on a Perfect grade Brynhildr...and then burn two months of my life putting it together.

(Should we boldify mecha names because we're doing so in the title? I had the feeling we should do something special with them... Yanni Yogi Makes them look neater, anyway.)

Oh snap!

Another character idea! I'll be using the same profile format as CFtF for consistency's sake.

Red White "Agent Blue"
Pilot of the DL-605 "Jewel" (name up for debate)
Spotter/support: April May

Redd is still very pink and shiny. Not much about him really changes. He wears a standard uniform, and wears his impressive (and well polished) medals wherever he goes. This tends to rub some of his peers the wrong way, but he doesn't care about the opinion of "commoners," and he's not technically breaking protocol, so his superiors can't do anything about it. While piloting, he wears a pink/purple jumpsuit.

Going by the codename "Agent Blue," Redd White is a masterful spy, capable of bringing incredible and accurate information about the opposition back to his superiors. There's only one problem: He's on both sides. For years he's been selling top secret information between the two factions, and so far gotten away with it. Until now, that is. Captain Fey is on to him, and he decides that she must not let this information out. During a large battle, he sees his chance. He can kill her now and make it look like she was killed in battle. In his own mecha, Jewel, he attacks and destroys the Kurain.

Phoenix, after seeing the Kurain explode and furious at himself for not getting there in time, goes into berserker/kamikaze mode, overriding the tainted AI, and utterly and completely destroys Redd and Jewel.

I can just imagine his last words
Redd's White "No, this cannot be. IT'S IMPOSSACHIEVABLE!"

(Also, how would this berserk mode work, exactly? I'm thinking it would be a way to channel all of a mech's energy into weapons and mobility, leaving nothing for defense. It's designed to be used when a pilot is about to be shot down anyway and wants to deal as much damage as possible before going out. However, some pilots, most notably Godot, choose to use it more often.)

Redd's Mecha (Don't even know why I'm describing this, seeing as it gets destroyed so early.)

Designation: DL-605 "Jewel"

Onboard AI: APRIL. Redd has double-crossed most of the people he's met. April is the only person he can trust, so she opperates as both his spotter/support and as his AI. She is still her usual bubbly personality, but easily irritated. It's not uncommon for April and APRIL to get into fierce arguments, much to Redd's annoyance.

Primary Weaponry: Precision Laser Cannon (Energy Ranged)
Secondary Weaponry: Head-mounted Laser Cannon (Energy Short-Ranged)
Tertiary Weaponry: Energy Fists (Energy Melee)

The Jewel is not the strongest mech offensively. Redd has made sure that everything about it is designed to keep the pilot alive. The Mech is very agile, but not quite as agile as Brynhildr, and has a mid-sized build. The shoulders are especially bulky, since they contain the massive batteries required to fuel all of the Jewel's energy based weapons.

The Jewel's main weapon is a precise laser mounted on the back of one of the fingers where a ring would normally be displayed. The laser is very powerful, but very fine, and unable to deal much widespread damage. As such, it is designed more to cripple and/or disable enemy mechs then to destroy them. In addition, there is a larger, more powerful, laser cannon mounted on the Jewel's head. This cannon is not so precise, and disperses too much at long range to be effective, so it's used for short to mid-range combat. As a last resort if an enemy gets too close, Jewel can charge energy fields around its fists to to increase the strength of its punches.

The chest area also contains a defensive laser array that acts to shoot down missiles before they reach Jewel.

Pilots should never underestimate Jewel's resilience, but its not the strongest of mechs.

Urby wrote:
Total guerrilla whut? Or at least some sniping.

Matt: Normally I'm more into mass killings, dude, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Enguard
Gant: (Probably says something but I wouldn't know)
*La la Jake about to die!*
Fran: *ping*
Matt: My glass!
*Heroic rescue!*

Just for clarification because I don't think this was mentioned before: Is this a mainly space setting, or will there be landings on planets and stuff? (Thinking about how to encorporate the Berry Big Circus...pull a Dancougar or a Heavy Arms type mech? Perhaps the 'hired hand'-type crews for the Defence?)

That's what I'm not entirely sure of. I'm also not sure if it's a Firefly-esque "this is just one big solar system with no FTL travel" or a more... other sci-fi-esque "we can travel faster than light! There are multiple systems!" either. I guess maybe leaning towards the former... and sure, I guess there'd be planet landings.

@Konran: Hm. I sorta imagined it with a bird head, but if you think human looks cooler, either way works! You're the awesome super special person who's volunteering to help out with the art, feel free to take liberties if you want :D

I'm really psyched that people seem to be liking it so far. I'm having ENTIRELY too much fun coming up with it, and it's nice having something to procrastinate on occupy my time in the afternoon when all the Americans are asleep and nobody's online :P

I also agree that mech names should be bolded at least. At least, from here on out, I'm far too lazy to go back >.> *cough*

Right now, I'm feeling sort of fond of Jake's Desperado if only because I love the fighting style of "haw haw, plant myself here and shoot you with eighty bajillion bullets until I run out of ammunition at the exact worst time possible."

Jake learned everything from Trowa.

I approve of the Jewel and Redd wholeheartedly :D

...makes me want to put up a Regent mecha. Regina could totally call it a la Big O. (I'm not sure how big it would be though, because I kinda still want him to pounce on Nick, which might be deadly if it were a 30 meter monster.)

Question: Are AIs just kinda talking computers? Because I really like the idea of the interactive SHOE bauble. Would SHOE be unique in the aspect that it can follow Matt around, or would all AIs have a 'detatchable' feature?

SHOE would be unique in that purpose, I'd imagine. And I imagine most AIs as having a visual option, though some pilots (Friska and Edgeworth) turn it off, because it's pointless and doesn't help the AI do its job at all.
Page 3 of 32 [ 1259 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby