Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 5 of 32[ 1259 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next

Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PITopic%20Title

Funk, you're amazing. I think I've said millions of variations of that phrase already, but it deserves to be said again.

In other news, I made a funny without Matt! Gosh this must be the end of the world. (Costumes and mechanical details made on the fly what)
I bet Nick is studying battle theory or something. Kinda like the ominous law books he has in his office, its something he should be studying, but he's good at it anyway and he doesn't want to.

I'm not sure who can be the side captain, but if you've got Gumshoe as the bumbling mechanic for the Saiban, maybe you can stick Maggey as the one for the Fusegi.
Let's just hope her bad luck doesn't like...destroy something.

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Nah, Maggey's on board the Badger as an unlucky pilot whom Gumshoe has a crush on :P

Also, that comic is win. XD Seriously. I have no idea how you make everything so simultaneously cute and hilarious, but please, PLEASE keep it coming.

Pearl does need a role. >.> obviously not as important as her in-game one, of course.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

And because I'm still bored and putting off going to bed, a list of the Gyakuten MECHA characters replacing the cast in the first Gundam SEED opening :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zWni1axG_Eg

And this is the Gyakuten MECHA first arc opening, so nothing from second or third arcs yet >.>

(Zomg bird flying past camera IS TOTALLY A PHOENIX WHAT?!)

-Phoenix in Huma kicking ass.

-TITLE LOGO!

-Phoenix and Edgeworth, with Phoenix closer to camera.

-Mia and Maya, with Mia closer (and the second figure, being Maya, is female >.>)

-Godot and Souryuu, two sides of the same coin.

-Franziska with scenes of Brynhildr kicking ass.

-Larry with scenes of Rodin kicking ass.

-No idea who comes next. Whoops. >.>

-Edgeworth with Mitsurugi kicking ass.

-Phoenix and Maya, just, uh, less naked and romantically suggestive.

-Franziska and Miles with the guns.

-Bridge Crew of the Turnabout... Mareka and Yuusaku, maybe?

-The Global crew, standing around a seated Dee!

-Adrian and Gumshoe as support for Fran/Miles

-Mecha montage! Probably Assassin/Karma/Mitsurugi/Brynhildr/Huma or something else.

-ZOMG AWESOME DUEL BETWEEN MILES AND PHOENIX

-Phoenix poses dramatically. Then Mia and Maya behind him. Then Larry/Edgeworth/Fran behind that. Then, uh, all the rest of the support, Global, behind that.

-Chinami looking out the window, with less sympathetic tears.

-Franziska with the gun? Maybe one of the Global crew?

-Maya or Pearl being bouncy and happy.

-Mia and her BOOBS.

-MOAR SPACE COMBAT, probably Franziska vs Matt or someone else vs Matt. >.>

-Flyby of the Turnabout

-Phoenix launches to go kick ass.

Oh, and for the record before bed--I like this version of the Judge WAY irrationally more than I should :P

Pull a Boss Borot on everyone what? (I really can't imagine Maggey doing anything very epic, unless it's this one time save)

Every comic has a piece of 100% certified Urbish Awesome, I guess! Matt As long as you dudes keep making awesome material, I'll be sure to find something to make a doodle out of.

Pearl...hmmm. I was thinking a sort of a Newtype thing, but I have no idea how to pull it off. I really do like that *ping*, though. "Mr. Nick, watch out!"

...And that OP is beautiful. (And to think that I've never seen it, ever)

No, Maggey is 100% comic relief and cute. I don't even know if I'll have any scenes with her in combat :P

Maybe. Our Pearl was just... a cousin of Maya who ends up on the turnabout, nothing more than that >.> Will need to flesh her out more.

Yes, I really like that OP too. I think it's awesome.

Why do I like this Judge so much? >.> it makes little to no sense.

if Busterella ever checks this out--I'd be ecstatic to give you whatever you need if you wanted to do some art, though I'm not exactly a costume designer myself :/

Edit: okay, now bed for REAL. Gnight!
Re: I just imagined... what if Phoenix Wright were a MECH PILOT?Topic%20Title

Oh snap!

A couple things. First off, GREAT intro! It really gives a sense of what Gyakuten MECHA is all about.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
-Franziska with scenes of Brynhildr kicking ass.

-Larry with scenes of Rodin kicking ass.

-No idea who comes next. Whoops. >.>

Neil and Sheriff?

As for April: After Redd's death, she decided to lie low for a while. During this time, she was arrested by a young law officer Bell Boy for some minor offense (speeding or something), who instantly fell head-over-heels in love with her.

Thinking that he could be useful, April let him tag along when she rejoined the Fusegi Alliance and Saiban Federation to continue working as a double agent (Mia, who is now dead, was the only one who was on to them). Ever wonder why the Marshal rescue plan began to fall apart at the end? It's because April ratted them out.

Anyway, after the rescue, the heroes have still not taken Ema off the machines, because they think that they are the only thing keeping her alive (DRAMATIC IRONY). With the climax under way, April accidentally lets slip the reality behind Ema's coma. Everyone is like "OMGWTF How did you know that?!" She clearly knows too much about the Saiban Federation inner workings, despite her claims of having nothing to do with them. This alerts them to her actions. April and the Bellboy are locked up, and they pull the plug on Ema's machines. Ema is brought up to speed on things, then she grabs a shuttle and goes zooming toward Space Fortress Tartarus to contact Lana (Gant is jamming their communication, so she has to go in person).

Meanwhile, in Gant's office inside Tartarus, Phoenix and Edgeworth are fighting Lana hand-to-hand and Lana is completely owning them. Just as she is about to finish Phoenix off, Ema bursts into the room. Tearful embrace. Phoenix notices Gant trying to draw his gun, grabs his own gun (which he dropped in the fight with Lana), and shoots it out of his hand, but he and Edgeworth too weak after their fight with Lana to do anything more then watch as events unfold.

Lana comes back to reality, and realizes that Gant is still there, and draws her rapier. (Given that the Saiban Federation is a highly militaristic organization, I think it's likely that higher ranking officers would carry rapiers. They're purely decorative and ceremonial, of course. Simply an indication of rank, and never used in actual combat...usually.) Gant grabs a decorative sword from his wall (Gant's build is more inclined to a larger, two handed sword than a rapier), they fight, Lana kills Gant, happy ending, everyone goes out for drinks Beer .

(Well, the ending could use some work. A sword fight may not be the best option, but whatever happens has to be something dramatic and unexpected. Given that the whole series is futuristic/sci-fi, I don't think ANYONE would see a sword fight coming, so it'll be either shocking and epic, or awkward and out of place. What are people's thoughts?)

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

Last edited by The Greg on Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

What is my liiiife?!?

Oh my... This idea is incredible! I'm definitly gonna try to help you lot with this ^_^

Ok, I like your Udgey, but perhaps peoples conversations with him gives them advice or ideas but you can't tell if it's accidental or not (His goofy manner points to the former tho)

With the 2-3 cast, we could have Max and Moe as rival mechanics who dislike each other. They both think that they should be Captain Berry's sucessor. Regina should be the barlady and Ben should play the piano (With Trilo as a 'Singing robot'). Acro was the skilled engineer who became disabled in an 'accident' After their first appearence (Godot intro) they could appear sparingly in the series and the death of Captain Berry could be resolved.

And the Max, Regina, Trilo subplot could still stand :F

Oh snap!

One thing that I forgot to put last post: Gant's reason for killing Neil.

Neil actually had, you know, morals. His planet joined the Saiban Federation peacefully, so he grew up with no knowledge of the corruption running rampant in their ranks. He and his brother Jake joined the Federation to spread its influence, but after spending some time with them, he was disillusioned to their real intents and purposes. Nevertheless, he was a highly skilled pilot, and quickly climbed the ranks, but it never sat right with him what he was doing for the Saiban Federation. He made an attempt to defect to the Fusegi Alliance, but Gant's spy network found out about his actions, and Gant decided that he'd rather see Neil dead then working for his enemies.

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the story, but behold! I procrastinate verily and present you the sticker/tattoo for the Huma!

Suggestions? Matt

lolkoala.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Maybe. Our Pearl was just... a cousin of Maya who ends up on the turnabout, nothing more than that >.> Will need to flesh her out more.

Hmmm...In the games pearl is something of a prodigy, so maybe she could show signs of future skills as a pilot/mechanic or something. Just throwing ideas out. Pearl

Oh, and Urby, thats hot. :3
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.

Oh snap!

Urby wrote:
I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the story, but behold! I procrastinate verily and present you the sticker/tattoo for the Huma!

Suggestions? Matt

That is win! Just awesome! I only have one suggestion (really just nitpicking): make the central shape (the phoenix head) less transparent, or completely opaque. As is, it seems to be competing for focus with the rest of the emblem, when it's supposed to be the main focus.

Gerkuman wrote:
Ok, I like your Udgey, but perhaps peoples conversations with him gives them advice or ideas but you can't tell if it's accidental or not (His goofy manner points to the former tho)

I completely agree. LOVE that Udgey. It'd be like:

Judge What's wrong there. Talk to me.

Nick I'm worried about the upcoming battle. We're expected to take heavy casualties.

Judge Well, I find that when I'm in a fix, it helps to look at the problem from a different angle.

Nick Yeah, I guess...
Ack Wait, oh course! If we attack from this angle as opposed to that one, we would have a huge advantage!
Phoenix Thanks, Your Honor! *runs off to implement plan*

Judge Always glad to be of help. *sips tea*

Did the Judge actually know what he was talking about, or was it blind luck that he inspired the plan?

Busterella wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:

Hmmm...In the games pearl is something of a prodigy, so maybe she could show signs of future skills as a pilot/mechanic or something. Just throwing ideas out. Pearl

I agree, Pearl should be a prodigy at something (Why didn't anyone think of that before? Nick). I'm thinking mechanics or strategy, as having Pearl in combat would be just... weird, and in a bad way.

Has Chinami been given a reason to hate Phoenix?

Urby! that kicks ass!

@Greg - Hm. There are certainly ideas in there that I like, but I do have to say that I envisioned the final confrontation in Gant's quarters to be a bit different. I do like your version, though, so maybe I'll work on combining the two... too bad I've got one final class so I can't exactly write it up right now >.< Your input is ALWAYS loved and appreciated, though! Particularly on the Gant/Neil stuff. And I think that it'd be the 'first arc' opening, so no Neil there :P He'd be in the second or third opening, though!

@Gerkuman - Yeah, I thought the same. The Judge sometimes gives good advice... whether completely by accident/coincidence or on purpose? Noone really knows...

Also, the 2-3 crew are probably going to be minor, but that works quite well :D

@Urby - Keep the awesomeness coming! And that's one cooool sticker :D

I still need a bit more bridge crew, specifically an acting captain. I'm thinking Mareka/Yuusaku could be like... Pilot / Operations (Sensor guy) respectively. Something like that.

Hm. For an introduction--something designed to get the people who haven't been following this thread into it--I'm wondering how I should do the format. Should I, for the main characters, do more detailed bios/summaries like I have there for Phoenix? Or should I try to keep everything short, one/two paragraphs? And then do more detailed summaries later...?

Yargh this is puzzling >:(

Witty filler.

For the intros initially, do a one/two paragraph thing. If you have spare time, release the detailed bios seperate. Show, not tell, and all that.

For the intro post, you can keep it short and link to more detailed descs. It'd be really useful if these forums had a 'link to post' feature, but I don't think that's the case.
Maybe we can put this on a seperate place and keep it neat there?

SO, EVERYONE, I SEE YOU LIKING MY HUMA STICKER. Godot WELL, CHICKIES, IT WAS DELECTABLY EASY. (lies)

I had a lot of fun doing it, so I really want-a make others. Quick, give me short logo ideas!

Mitsurugi: I have no idea. I has a sword...and that's it.
Brynhildr: Because of the 'perfection' thing Fran is so passionate about, and her whip, I was thinking one of those endless knots. But that doesn't do her justice. Larry This one needs some hardcore awesome.
Rodin: lol i dunno who larry is because i only have jfa help plz
Galahad: I bet Maya would doodle all over this one. Any suggestions?
Desperado: haha see larry
Assassin: A CUP OF GRAVY. No, I don't got any ideas on this one either. Matt
Did I forget anyone?

Help me help contribute to the win that is this thread! Maggy

Phoenix in a jacket!

Oh Urby! HUMA Sticker=Win! Good job!
Urby made these. Thank you!
Go GyakutenMECHA!

Yeah...

We need a website >.>

Anyway, I envision Gant's downfall...

Lana finds out that the medical lab where Ema was kept was captured by the Alliance--Gant had been hiding it from her for as long as he could. Either way now, this means that Ema is out of his power... but since she believed that it was only his treatment keeping her alive, her sister is probably dead. Either way, she has nothing to lose.

They're in Gant's inner sanctum on the newly-completed Charybdis Engine, the High Admiral sipping a glass of wine as he watches the Alliance and Federation forces clash in a final epic space battle, chuckling to himself.

Lana appears in the shadows behind him, Gant's all, "...I thought you were out there." She draws a pistol and puts it to his head. He's all "Ah, I see. You're betraying me."

Before she can fire, though, he touches a switch on the arm of his chair, and a little stun gun concealed in his 'throne' fires at her, electrocuting and stunning her, she collapses.

Shortly afterwards, Phoenix and Edgeworth burst in, and Gant nonchalantly threatens to kill Lana if they come any closer. Edgeworth's all "...I don't even know her. Plus, this is the fate of the system, and it's just one woman." So he shoots Gant in the chest--but Gant, of course, is wearing body armor. And then he electrocutes Phoenix/Edgeworth, or something.

Either way, it ends up with Lana shooting Gant in the head. Or stabbing him. Or something.

Meanwhile, Larry/Will have accomplished in their mission (lol, superweapons with exposed cores that can be destroyed >.>) and the Charybdis Engine is about to blow. Lana wants to die so she can be with her sister, and she's going to stay.

Jake's voice comes over P/E's radios: "Now, bambina, that's an awful foolhardy thing to do, don't you think? There's someone here who I think you should talk to..."

Ema's voice, weak but very much alive: "...Sis...?"

Lana realizes she's okay and then the three of them get the hell out of Dodge before it goes kabloom.

Also, I think that Yanni Yogi should be a former Federation crewman... a gunner on board Captain von Karma's ship at the incident with Captain Edgeworth. Karma promised Edgeworth that he had no desire to dirty his hands with the blood of civilians, and then immediatley after cutting the transmission, ordered Yanni to fire--after all, the blood would be on HIS hands, not Manfred's.

Yanni, consumed by guilt, ended up quitting the Federation forces and becoming a bum/alcoholic. He runs into Miles Edgeworth, whom he knows is the son of the man he killed, and begins to apologize profusely to him... which is how Miles finds out the truth about what happened 15 years ago.

Also, Greg, that's exactly how I imagine Udgey here. I think he'll be fun :D

And we still DO need a reason for Chinami to hate Phoenix. She tries to kill him the second time because he's onto her about Nonda's death, but she needs a reason to try and kill him FIRST (so she steals the arsenic and Nonda tries to warn Phoenix)... Hm.

Urby- With Fran, I've been going for a very Germanic/Norse influence with her mech (at least, the names) so... maybe that helps with the logo?

Pearl... could be a sort of... hm, I don't know. Like she just sort of has this knowledge of where things are in a battle environment that even surpasses what you can get by looking at a 3D radar. MYSTIC POWERS

Chimera

Urby wrote:

Suggestions? Matt

Ouch! Well, that certainately beats my idea of a Huma emblem into the ground...

I like it. I like it a lot.

Anyway, as for suggestions for stickers... I've been trying to come up with emblem ideas (since I came up with the idea of designing different... emblems for different factions, divisions and the like, and liked it), since I like making them (even if I'm not too brilliant at it). Lemme see...

Brynhildr - Well, that also happens to be the name of a valkyrie (I lurves my mythology). For some reason I often see valkyries having winged helmets, so... a winged helmet, possibly? (Highly stylised, of course.)

Mitsurugi - A samurai helmet? *bricked* A wolf head? *double bricked* Okay, I'll stop making dumb suggestions...

I'm just throwing out ideas here. Really. This whole thing is so inspiring~! I swear, Gyakuten MECHA doodles have been sneaking into my sketchbook. >_>
Thank you for flying Phoenix Wright. We hope you have a nice day.

What is my liiiife?!?

I'm glad you had similar ideas about Udgey to me ^_^ When Gant's been deposed, Phoenix may ask Udgey to be the president (More of a figurehead than an acting one though). And I understand they're minor characters, but 2 to 3 appearences still are minor.

I have had an even cooler idea about the Berry Experienced Mechanics (Modified the pun). Acro had been using Money the robo-monkey to steal weapons and wiring them to Regent (The harmless tiger mech). It would transform into a warrior mech when you press a button on it that said 'Kill' and Regina would be too naive to do it

Nick:What?! You never noticed?
Regina: Why would I press it, killing peoples wrong!

This new mech would be called Deceptor and would have a AI called LEON. And nick would destroy it by the end of that episode. This means Acro would be a LOT more bitter and vengeful.

Hm. I think that's giving the Circus crew a bit too much depth and ... a bit different genre from what I'm going for :P >.> I'm honestly not too fond of them, but I do want to include them for those who do (though I may still just nix Lotta >.<) hence the side role. I'm not even sure if they'll appear after the Godot introduction, but I do want to flesh them out there. I may have Acro and Max be "rivals mechanics" like your idea, though :P ("I'll get right to work on fixing your ship up." "Why would you let that amateur touch such a fabulous machine? I'll give it the proper care it needs." etc)

What is my liiiife?!?

So you're choosing your chars because you like them? Since everyone likes different chars, it may be best to give everyone more than a background role. (And please don't nix Lotta, just revamp her and revise the quirks you don't like :) Besides, Hotti gets more air time then they do. :F But fair enough, you're the boss!

I don't really like the 2-3 cast, but I also feel that... I dunno, I have a hard time seeing them in this setting, and I don't feel that "Transforming Regent Mech!" really jibes with what I'm going for--no offense to you guys, of course, but... I dunno, I have this thing in my head and a lot of what you're all suggesting fits perfectly with it. Just... I dunno, not that.

NOW BACK TO THE HELL THAT IS MY CHINESE MIDTERM >:(

What is my liiiife?!?

Can you explain to us what you're not looking for then please :3 Because I think you're looking for more of A Gundam style anime and we seem to be giving you transformer ideas.

And fair enough with the berry people not fitting in. Its just this series is looking a bit Overgrim :(

That's exactly it. I'm envisioning this as a bit more of a Real Robot sort of genre rather than a Super/Transforming robot sort of genre (Though if I weren't into this already, the thought of Phoenix with "YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!" blaring in the background is awesome >.>) I've got no problem with Trilo as the singing robot or Regent as... well, either just a cat or something else, but I'm trying to stay away from Transformers for a bit :P

I agree, there needs to be levity, but hopefully we'll get that with characters like Maya/Pearl/Maggey/Gumshoe/The Judge, and with the support crew on the Turnabout, crazy as they are.

What is my liiiife?!?

Ok then ^_^ I just wanted to see acro go bad and have a space battle with Nick :F

Um... Chiname doesn't HAVE to hate Nick at first. It just may be that she needed him out of the way, maybe to get a promotion. But when he gets on her trail, she starts to hate him more and more and by the time she becomes the CHINAMI ai, she'd hate him to extremes. Besides, she's already got mental problems before she tries to kill Nick.

Well, that might be it. All that we really need is a reason for her to want Nick dead initially--hence the arsenic and the Dr. Nonda incident. After that, the Dr. Nonda incident IS her reason to want Phoenix dead, because he's closing on her.

What is my liiiife?!?

New idea. So you've got the guy who looks like a girl on the turnabout, right? Then what about having a Kamen Mecha? He could be in debt to a notorious space pirate, Zenitora (Rawr) So to get the cash, he raids jewelry ships as the Kamen Mask in his mecha.

Well, that might be it. All that we really need is a reason for her to want Nick dead initially--hence the arsenic and the Dr. Nonda incident. After that, the Dr. Nonda incident IS her reason to want Phoenix dead, because he's closing on her.

And thanks for understanding :D (Actually, if I DID have them fly, it might be actually darker, because then they'd not fight Phoenix, but fight against Godot, and he'd not be likely to take prisoners...) I toyed with the idea of having Acro/Bat fly as a pair of pilots that always fight in tandem, and each is the other's AI... but I couldn't find a good story use for them.

What is my liiiife?!?

I've just realised I've mixed 3-2 and 3-3 together. But it actually works! We could have Aiga as a space detective that turns out to be partners with Zenitora, using his 'detective skills' to keep the big Z out of the spotlight.

Hm. That might be interesting. Yuusaku's on the bridge of the Turnabout maybe as a gunner or something (fitting with his "security" job)... but I do like the idea of Zenitora as a space pirate who he owes money to, and he comes after the Turnabout as a little subplot.

Anyway, I might be less productive this week due to midterms, and after that I'll be in Chengdu for a week and don't know how often I'll be able to get online...

But I'll be thinking of Gyakuten MECHA stuff 24/7 there :D

What is my liiiife?!?

On the musical side, the epilogue music in cadenza would be perfect after Miles blows himself up. Its very moving, especially in that context. Same goes for reminicance on the same album, It could be in Godots death scene. I wish we had a technoish or electronica remix of Godots theme though.

And I hope you do well on your exams Funk :3

stirring

Winkey: Good news. Four motion sketches (which is just a stupid way of saying blueprints). Phoenix's mech in action against generic soldiers, Godot's final moments, a group picture, and Franny and Edgeworth's not-hugging-scene.

I've been doing my best to try and multi-task my way through each of them. I'll either PM to you when I'm done (expect late tonight/mid-day on your end [?]) or post 'em here if I'm ultra happy with how they look.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

What is my liiiife?!?

More development of ideas. We have Yuusaku as the chief security and weapons officer (Like Worf :3). And as you said, his wife's a badass pilot of a mecha. (The Kamen) But what happens when Zenitora starts to threaten him? He starts to steal the Kamen when he's not on duty and do the piracy thing (Dressed up as a futuristic Kamen Mask). Then the Aiga ideas can fit in and everyone would think it was Mareka being the Kamen Mask as it's her Mecha.

Oh snap!

Gerkuman wrote:
On the musical side, the epilogue music in cadenza would be perfect after Miles blows himself up. Its very moving, especially in that context. Same goes for reminicance on the same album, It could be in Godots death scene.

Good ideas. Actually, I was thinking that Reminiscence (Jailer's Elegy in the game) would be good for Lana/Ema. I can see Lana sitting next to Ema's hospital bed and holding her hand while this song plays. The Epilogue music could also be used after Mia dies.

Also, I didn't initially think that the Won the Case music would have the right feel for the series, but I've since changed my mind. The drums in the background give it a military-ish feel, and I think that it could be good for a military honors/promotion ceremony, like if Phoenix wins a medal or something.

As for the acting captain of the Turnabout, well, how important is this ship to the Alliance? Grossberg could command it directly.

I haven't played GS3 yet (and probably wont until Trials and Tribulations is released), so most of the discussion going on right now is officially out of my hands. I think I'll do some work on world building, and make some planets to flesh out this system. I'll post later with what I come up with.

Hey everyone, I'm back from school! I won't be here as often as my Spring Break ended so uh, I'll be having homework and all that silly scholarly stuff. Matt
But! I has a neat new sketchbook that scans beautifully. So I may not be online, but I will continue to contribute!

Kwoiffei was right on the spot with my Brynhildr idea, I went for a Valkyrie Profile-styled helmet. I gave it some thought and I was like "Would Franziska put a meaningless, foolish sticker on her mech?" and then I was like "No, but Adrian would."

I have beta sticker designs for the Mitsurugi, Assassin, and the Brynhildr, all smooshed into this handy-dandy image. There's even a Huma pic for comparison.
(Yes, I draw all my things facing the left. That's how I roll. Maggy )
Suggestions please.

I don't have anything to offer musicwise, but the remix of Legendary Wings by S.S.H kinda reminded me of Phoenix. Key word is kinda.

Good luck on your midterms, Funk! Shoe

Witty filler.

"I felt like drawing Shoe." Hahaha, priceless.

Good drawings overall.

Oh snap!

Planets!

Terra

Name origin: Means “Earth” in Latin.

Description: Not much to say about Terra. It’s basically a generic Earth-like planet. It was the first planet in the system to be colonized, and is by far the most developed, and most heavily populated.

Notable Residents: Phoenix Wright, Larry Butz, Miles Edgeworth, Gregory Edgeworth, Marvin Grossberg, Redd White, April May, The Bellboy, Will Powers

Anima

Name origin: Means “Spirit” in Latin.

Description: Surreal is the only word that comes to mind when one thinks of Anima. The plant and animal life native to the planet is marked by incredible twists and curves, and it’s difficult to find a straight line on the whole planet. The architecture has followed suit, with curved arches, and egg-shaped buildings being very common. The gravity on Anima, while sufficient to hold an atmosphere, is weak enough to be highly disconcerting to those not used to it. Again, this has influenced the architecture, allowing for buildings that would be structurally unsound on planets with stronger gravity.

Notable residents: Mia Fey, Maya Fey, Pearl Fey

Hobbez (pronounced hoh-BEZ)

Name origin: Name comes from Thomas Hobbes (pronounced Hobs), a seventeenth-century philosopher who believed that humans were basically evil, and needed a strong government to control them. In his book Leviathan, he states that humans should enter a Social Contract with the government, in which they give up their rights in exchange for the safety and stability of a strong government.

Description: Hobbez was once a barren wasteland. It was a proper temperature to sustain life but lacked other basic necessities, such as water and a stable atmosphere. Colonists brought their own resources, however, and were able to live under the harsh conditions. Gradually, colonies expanded into towns, then into large cities. Before long, the entire planet was spotted with these cities.

Basically everything on Hobbez is artificial since life literally didn’t exist there until the planet was colonized. The culture of Hobbez is very demanding. Laws tend to be very restrictive, and are very strictly enforced. This has proven to be both beneficial and detrimental. On the one hand, crime is basically nonexistent, and Hobbez is probably the safest and cleanest planet in the system. On the other hand, the laws are very restrictive, and sometimes borderline oppressive, with strictly enforced curfews, public dress codes, weapon control, etc. The Saiban Federation’s origins can be traced back to Hobbez.

Notable residents: Manfred von Karma, Franziska von Karma (and yes, the von Karmas are obsessive perfectionists even by Hobbezian standards), Turner Grey, Mimi Miney, Dee Vasquez

Texos

Name origin: Sounds like “Texas.” Really, the only reason this planet exists is so that Jake can say, “They shoot you for that on Texos, pardner.”

Description: Texos a bit closer to the sun than the other planets in the system, giving it a very warm climate, so only hardy species of plants and animals can live there. The planet is mostly desert, with small patches of vegetation on the surface, and most animals burrow underground during the day, preferring the cooler night to come out.

Texos was one of the most recently colonized planets, with the first settlers from the Saiban Federation landing only forty years ago. After that, however, the Federation became preoccupied with the war on the Fusegi Alliance, and the Texos colonies were no longer considered a priority, so apart from the supply drops necessary to sustain them, the Texon colonists were pretty much on their own. There is very little in the way of architecture on Texos, since there are no resources to build with. As such, the colonists live in the ships they came in. Since there’s very little that actually needs to be done, aside from occasional maintenance of the ships, the Texons have adopted a very laid back lifestyle. Some like to spend their ample leisure time reading and making conversation, while others prefer... less intellectual pursuits (read: drinking, partying, gambling).

Notable residents: Jake Marshal, Neil Marshal, Lana Skye, Ema Skye

What does everyone think? Also, do we have a name for Manfred's mech yet? Perhaps Leviathan?

Last edited by The Greg on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

stirring

Making different planets just seems to ... I don't know, take away from the MECH theme a bit and adds in a somewhat bizarre mood. It leans too far on to the one end of science fiction MECH animes never take place in. It doesn't fit in. I'm not saying we have to pay homage to every MECH show out there, but it just doesn't feel right. Space colonies would work, though (again, ala Gundam), and you can get your Texos from there.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy
Page 5 of 32 [ 1259 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby