Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 7 of 128[ 5082 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 128  Next

Re: CR Mafia Dead: Hazakurain TempleTopic%20Title

Jammin' like it's 2024

== COURT RECORDS MAFIA ROUND 4 – THE VON KARMA SPECIAL ==
== PROSPECTIVE VERSION: Note that the "Point 2" I hinted at earlier has been hidden from this version of the rules folio ==

Synopsis:

The Mafia have invaded the town! As a self-respecting Townie, your job is to flush out the corrupt elements of your society and put them behind bars. As a Mafian, your job is to crush the worthless fools who think they're smart enough to run a town fairly. Make sure the town doesn't have the firepower to touch your group of elite clientele so they can move in permanently. As Manfred von Karma, your job is to make yourself feel important and awesome by getting everyone in town a guilty verdict and the death penalty. They chewed gum and spat it out on the floor? DEATH. They were caught shoplifting? DEATH. DEATH TO ALL.

Gameplay:

The object of the game is to eliminate players who you believe are working for a different faction until your faction is the only one with any influence in the town remaining. You can eliminate players by voting out the most suspicious player at the end of each day, or by taking advantage of players with special abilties to speed up the process of elimination at night. This round of CR Mafia has three factions – the Townies, upstanding citizens one and all, the Mafia, lords of the underworld out to take advantage of the town's resources for their own gains, and Manfred von Karma, a man so dangerous he needs no-one else and wants no-one else. Manfred is obsessed with his perfect win record and will do anything to preserve it, and that includes putting the entire town behind bars.

Victory conditions:

Townies: Lynch Manfred von Karma and eliminate all the mafians.
Mafia: Eliminate enough townies to make it impossible for the Townies to lynch the Mafia and lynch Manfred von Karma.
von Karma: Kill everyone not affiliated with you.

Loss conditions:

Townies: The townies no longer have enough voting or arresting power to deal with the Mafia or von Karma.
Mafia: None of the mafia are still alive.
Von Karma: Manfred von Karma is lynched or withdraws; should Manfred von Karma die or withdraw from the game, his entire team automatically loses and dies at the same time.

Life and Death Rules:

1) You may not view nor post in the Dead Thread as a living player.
2) A dead player cannot post in the Living Thread but they may view it freely.

Affiliation Rules:

1) You are considered a member of your current formal affiliation for victory purposes.
2) Players are expected to support their affiliates.
3) A wild card character starts the game unaffiliated but may choose an affiliation from the three factions available.
4) An affiliated character cannot change their affiliation unless this is overriden in their role description.
5) Choosing to change your affiliation officially requires an affiliation request Private Message (PM) to be sent to the Game Master (GM).

Role Rules:

1) Your role is disclosed to you at the beginning of the game via PM. The role description you are given in private may contain more information about the role than is publically known, but at no time will public information be falsified.
2) You may disclose your role to other players. You may also pretend to have another role if you so wish.

Evidence Rules:

1) You may not submit screenshots as evidence, either in public or in private. Violators will be withdrawn from the game immediately.
2) You may use quotes as you please, but please remember that quotes can be falsified.
A hint: no evidence in the game is foolproof. ;)

Lynch Voting:

1) Voting periods begin from the start of a day phase until the end of the day phase.
2) You may only vote during day phases and only once per day, however you may change your vote an infinite number of times until the voting deadline passes.
3) Please make your votes clear and easy to see.
4) The final vote tallies will count the votes displayed and will also add in the effects of special player roles; for this reason the votes in the thread and the final vote tally are unlikely to match.

== MAFIA ROUND 4 ROLES ==

Von Karmans

Spoiler: Text block
Manfred von Karma – Satanic Prosecutor: The legendary prosecutor who has never lost a case in 40 years, Manfred will use any dirty trick to win a guilty verdict. von Karma begins the game knowing the identity of all the special roles you see here. His legendary prosecution skills allow Manfred to prosecute up to three targets a night. Somehow, however, von Karma's plans are being ruined, and each night only one of his prosecution targets will fall, chosen at random by the GM. Each day, he is able to investigate the identity of a target player, which is guaranteed to reveal their true identity. Von Karma's superb prosecutorial skills make him untouchable, so he must be voted out of the game to be defeated.
(Note: yes, Manfred von Karma is a one-man faction! That said, he can bolster his ranks with wild cards should he feel like doing so.)

Townies

Phoenix Wright – The Rising Star Attorney: Phoenix Wright is determined to find out the truth behind the allegations against Miles Edgeworth, and to do it, he'll have to take down Manfred von Karma – and become a legend. Each night, Phoenix can revive a player lynched by the town that day, or alternatively he can launch a detailed investigation into a player's real identity – Phoenix must suggest the target of his investigation to the GM via PM. Also, each day, Phoenix can revive a target prosecuted by Manfred von Karma the previous night, again by requesting to do so in a PM to the GM. Wright cannot be killed and must be voted out of the game to be eliminated.

Maya Fey – The Future Master: It's been a tough time for Maya Fey lately, but finally the young spirit medium is coming into her own. At night, Maya can perform any of the following four actions:

Epic Evidence Acquisition – Maya gains three secret votes which must be sent that night to the GM via PM and are added on to the votes for the next day phase.
Channel Mia Fey – that night, Maya sets a target for Mia to spy on as a ghost; the results of this investigation are sent to Phoenix Wright.
Channel Gregory Edgeworth – that night, the votes of two players may be changed.
Channel Robert Hammond – that night, Maya gains ten secret votes which must be sent that night and are added on to the votes for the next day phase. This action can only be performed once this round.

Miles Edgeworth – Disgraced Prosecutor?: Normally, Mr. Edgeworth would be busy finding the Mafia and bringing them to justice, but unfortunately he's been trapped in a living nightmare – his own murder trial. Due to the distressing events, Edgey will be granted knowledge of the identity of a random Townie/wild card player each night thanks to his horrific flashbacks. Despite his temporary inability to prosecute or investigate, at night Edgeworth can send secret arrest requests to Detective Gumshoe via PM to the GM; he may send up to three names for arrest. What Gumshoe decides to do with the request is his decision...

Detective Gumshoe – Hapless Detective: Ever the optimist, Gumshoe tries to get as much useful work done as possible, even in these trying time. Gumshoe can investigate the identities of five players each night. If a previous Gumshoe investigation has given the true identity of a certain player before, this investigation will also give the true identity for that player. Otherwise: two results will be the truth, two will be falsified by Mafia interference and one will not return anything (shoot the messenger ;) ). If Gumshoe receives a secret prosecution request from Edgeworth via the GM, he must either include the targets in his investigation or issue a warrant for the arrest of one of the targets. The arrested player is prosecuted by Manfred von Karma and so is guaranteed to die.

Mafians

Morgan Fey – The Godmother: The figurehead for a vast underground criminal organization, Morgan Fey begins the game knowing the names of her underlings and their special roles, if they have one. Once a night, Morgan Fey is empowered to order a hit on one other player; she sends the name of the target and the underling to make the kill to the GM. Because of her extensive cadre of bodyguards, she cannot be killed and can only be voted out of the game; if anyone attempts to kill her, the hit for that night is cancelled as the underlings rush to protect the Godmother, and the killer dies. If Morgan dies or leaves the game, the GM will randomly assign hits unless at least two Mafia members suggest a target to him via PM.

Richard Wellington – The Con: The master of disguise and not being linked to the crimes in question, Wellington starts the game disguised as a random special role. Each day and night phase, he can request to swap costumes to become disguised as any character from the Ace Attorney series of his choice. Investigating Wellington accurately reports his disguise rather than his actual role.

Matt Engarde – The Psycho Serial Killer: Busted out of jail once again, Engarde is a true menace to society. Knowing this, the Mafia have doped him with mind control drugs to high heaven, and he is now the Mafia's faithful lapdog. This time, during a day or night phase, Engarde may commit suicide. In doing so, he can eliminate two targets of his choice and a third random non-Mafia target. If Engarde is eliminated during the night, he kills the attacker and two random non-Mafia targets whose names aren't Manfred von Karma – even Engarde can't touch the Satanic Prosecutor.
(Note: yes, Engarde can commit suicide to force a sudden elimination during the day just to screw the voting up. Isn't he a nice guy? :D)

Furio Tigre – The Escape Artist: In the future, he will become a legend for almost destroying the reputation of Phoenix Wright but for now, Don Tigre is a respected member of the Mafia elite. Each day, Don Tigre can use his supreme cover-up skills to negate a lynch; if he does so, the person with the second-highest number of votes is lynched instead and the affiliation of the protected player is revealed. Each player can only be protected once. Each night, the Tiger can use his cover-up skills again, this time to subtract five votes from a player's total during the next day's lynch vote.

Wild Cards

Lotta Hart – The Snap-Happy Southerner: Only trying to do the best for her community, Lotta is still easily manipulated into doing wrong. Each day and each night, Lotta's camera gives her dubious evidence of the true identities of two players; one is true and one is false. Even if Lotta receives true evidence about a player's identity at one point, she may still receive false evidence the next time.

Yanni Yogi – The Method Actor: Is he really a feeble old man? The deceptive witness to the bitter end, Yogi's lynch votes count as three votes. Each night, Yogi can use his feeble act to reduce the vote count against a particular player by two for the next day's vote.

Pearl Fey – The Spiritual Prodigy: Being the spirit medium prodigy that she is, Pearl can sense when she is being lied to with the aid of her magatama. Pearl can help check investigations for accuracy – to do this, Pearl must request to assist an investigation by PMing the GM with the investigator role they wish to assist and the true identity of that role. If Pearl does not know the true identity of the role, the assist attempt fails and Pearl is informed of the failure. An investigation empowered by Pearl guarantees hyper-accurate results – information that would normally be falsified is exposed. The investigator is also informed that their investigation has been enhanced by Pearl.

Does we even do these things anymore?

PCHOOO

Wow. That's complicated. I'm not sure I like the huge amount of vote addition and subtraction that goes on, and Furio Tigre's role seems like it's a bit overpowered perhaps? (Then again, I guess it is balanced out somewhat by the Townies.)

I really like the Manfred von Karma thing. I had an idea a while ago for him to somehow use Yanni Yogi as a puppet, but I'm not really sure how that would work. This sounds good! Assuming that you really will be running things next round, Velo, could you use any help? I think I'd kind of rather sit a round out as well but I'd still like to be involved.

Jammin' like it's 2024

If things seem overpowered and unbalanced, there's a reason for that. Point 2. ;)

I'll wait for MSOB's comments first before diving into this too far though. Furio Tigre's role seems unbalanced at first until you realise that if he uses it recklessly, it's really obvious what he's done - players will somehow have negative vote scores and how else could that happen? :P - and it'll raise alarm bells all over the place. The Mafia roles have been designed to promote quiet, devious play, with a hint of subterfuge in the revamped Wellington. One of the big problems with the game so far is that the Mafia and Townie sides are too different; giving the factions a degree of equilibrium should smooth the gameplay. Tigre will play like a very nasty anti-Phoenix.

You will also notice that so long as Phoenix is around, von Karma's powers are reduced to ratting people's roles out in public. Doesn't it seem odd to you that von Karma is as gimped as he is for someone who is meant to tackle the game solo?

Think about it.

Regarding the vote modifiers littering the role descriptions, that serves one purpose, and one purpose alone - to stop people getting too comfortable. You will find that once the game gets going, the sides are all very even. It's the wild cards and their choices that will deal the heaviest blow to the game, which is why they're not allowed to faction-hop. ;)

Raw Rock Kills

Wait - wait, wait, wait, wait.... WAIT. Nicce plan, Regy, Ferdie. Nice. Plan.

Fighting, and then suggesting that one was Mafia, the other townie. Well played. I knew as soon as Ferdie turned out to be Mafia that Regy was also Mafia.

And Ferdie, you really got my trust, but I didn't get the PM that said something about making the Townies think you were Mafia. Care to explain?
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

Jammin' like it's 2024

...Regy's a townie. XD

I'm the evil Mafian that let Ferdie run rampant with his little plot to buy me time so I could corrupt the Townies. ;)

Silly Leo.

Regarding the living thread: HOHO. I find this amusing. Another innocent townie soon to die. They're nothing without ya, Regy. ;)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Making the Townies kill themselves is the oldest trick in the book! Why are they letting the Mafia regroup?? XDD

Nyehehehehehe! I am truly an evil genius!! >:D

(Permission to post that image in the living thread? That would so perfectly sum up the last page. XD)

e × e = e²

I'll do it for you.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

LMFAO!

Thanks. XDD

I would really appreciate your comments on my round 4 ideas, by the way.

I may or may not be here.

First off, LOVE THE IDEA! I hope we go with it! You can count me in if we do! (And if we don't!) XD
Second... Nah... that was all.
ImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

Don, your post made very little sense. Please elaborate. ^^

I was just saying I liked the idea. If we do go with it I want to be part of the round. (My stamp of total approval.)
And the second part was because I normally say more when I say "First" but decided to just do something funny instead.
ImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

Ah, fair enough. I know I'm probably starting to sound annoying, but the now-fabled point 2 is the real bombshell for the idea, which is why I'm hiding it. If people work it out before round 4 starts the impact will be pathetic compared to how hard it could smack people in the face if it hits them mid-game like it's meant to. :)

The funny thing is, I say that, but the clues are all there in my post. Have another read. :)

Raw Rock Kills

Schwoops. I was looking at the day result list and it said Regy Rusty (Mafia) and... yeah. That was who KILLED him! I'm smrt. ^^' :knock-knock:
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

Hey guys, what's going on up in here? :gant:

Welcome! You died too huh?
Now you can check out Velo's ideas for the next round! :butzthumbs:
Are... things still going good with the team? :karma:
I just need a yes or no... (the walls may have ears!)
ImageImage

Not really, no. :nick-sweat:

I saw. The changes to the rules themselves are good and the roles are interesting, but I think there's still too many investigative roles. And I'm not going to bother commenting on Engarde yet again...

:nick-sweat: That's not good... I hope they can pull things together...
ImageImage

Raw Rock Kills

Maya Fey should also have the ability to channel a dead player to be able to function as their role and post for the night, but she'd only be able to do it twice per round.
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

Jammin' like it's 2024

Franzise! Welcome to our playpen of fun. I thought DxK was going to get pwned instead of you for a second there. I trust the minions are going to eliminate R_Bond this evening? :D

FYI, when I wrote my rule folio, Matt Engarde was originally Joe Darke, but I realised that was physically impossible because Darke had been executed prior to 1-4; that's why the role's so different from before. Besides, the Mafia could use a nasty little timebomb like that, especially this round. Remember that unless von Karma goes bye-bye, both the Townies and the Mafia lose, so using the superpowers too recklessly will get your faction eliminated damn fast.

(No-one's guessed my secret yet? How unfortunate. :( )

Nice idea Leo, but I figured Maya was already too powerful and complicated; plus that version of the move allows dead players to contact the living, which is a taboo. How do you guys feel about it?

That's what I suggested, but looking back, that might have been a mistake...

@_@ I still don't feel comfortable talking about living players and actions here...

Jammin' like it's 2024

You may as well. If they do cheat and read this thread, then it's a dirty victory and they're worthless little plebeians. ;)

I gave you a hit list before I died, Franzise, as I did to the rest of the Mafia. You're telling me now that it's not being followed? Bah.

Two mafians left. One of them might disappear very quickly. The other will take forever for them to find. How they play and them alone will decide the fate of the Mafia, not Sal.

We had awesome regular goons this round. :D

The situation's changed, Velo. :yuusaku: I'll PM you with the reason.

Jammin' like it's 2024

Bah, disappointing.

*awaits PM*

If I don't get further feedback on my rule folio I'm going to assume there's nothing wrong with it and roll with it. :)

So far: potentially too many investigation roles and potentially too much vote manipulation.

EDIT: *gets PM*

Oh, that's just too awesome for words! DxK is Cody? AWESOME. I'm so watching this; I'm amazed I didn't catch that the second I saw that the rumours DxK posted didn't match Sklarvv's. I still need practice at this, clearly.

Raw Rock Kills

Maybe my MayaFey idea should be given to Pearl instead? Alsoi, I'm not sure how I feel about Robert Hammond. :udgy:
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

Jammin' like it's 2024

I'm not modifying Pearl's role. Pearl's strengths are not immediately apparent because they relate to point 2.

So you'll be running game 4? Or are you just suggesting rules and roles for MSOB?

PCHOOO

Ha! I like how things turned out yesterday. Looks like my team's a bit cleverer than you gave them credit for.

MUAHAHAHA! I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now. I'd say that DXK's role should be fairly clear to them by now. (I at least was able to guess at it from the posts and who knows what they've been doing through PMs). Also, I believe that the list of possible suspects should be narrowing down steadily. I doubt your two final mafians will be lasting much longer.

Here's to the town! :edgy:

Jammin' like it's 2024

I'm offering to run round 4, but MSOB hasn't said anything one way or the other as to whether he'd be happy with me running round 4 or whether he'd rather do it.

He also hasn't said anything about whether he wants to participate as a player. I think he'd be awesome playing the game and I'd like to see it happen. :D

I second what the Boss has said! XD
I like Velo's idea and I want to see MSOB play too! It could be interesting!
ImageImage

Velo/Franzise, if you could give me a quick PM saying how things developed I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jammin' like it's 2024

Franzise would know more than me at this point, so I'll leave it to them. :)

Oh hey, I forgot a rule:

You may PM other players. In fact, you are expected to PM other players - it's part of the game! Not doing so makes you look suspicious or inactive.

:PP

Still can't believe that happened... XD

PCHOOO

Yeah... without PMs this game would be MUCH more boring... gee.. I've filled up so many folders from this game. How to organize and save it all?

There is an "Export this view" button at the bottom of the folders. I'm going to start saving my mafia PMs that way.
I had to delete quite a few before I learned about that. :sadshoe:
ImageImage

e × e = e²

I'm not archiving the ones I get, as most are already summarized in my little game documents I keep on my hard drive, for daily actions and use of powers. Others that pertain to serious administrative issues also get delteted. Aside from player-to-player PMs, the meat of the game's history can usually be seen in the game threads and discussion.

That and I'm lazy.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Raw Rock Kills

Regy Rusty wrote:
Ha! I like how things turned out yesterday. Looks like my team's a bit cleverer than you gave them credit for.

MUAHAHAHA! I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now. I'd say that DXK's role should be fairly clear to them by now. (I at least was able to guess at it from the posts and who knows what they've been doing through PMs). Also, I believe that the list of possible suspects should be narrowing down steadily. I doubt your two final mafians will be lasting much longer.

Here's to the town! :edgy:

TO THE TOWN!

wtf, I'm being nice to Regy...?I kid.
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

Sorry fellow ghosties.Been quite inactive lately.Dead all over.( :moe-laugh: )

I figured PMs were a big hunk of the game,but I've always been a bit paranoid on how much people will lie in the messages.-glares at a certain person-asshat. xD Kidding.
Edit; Whoo! Finally a desk jockey!

Wassup, my homies? :karate:
ImageImage

Brains. Brains. Brains.
(Welcome... you are now one of us... hee... hee... hee...)
ImageImage

Raw Rock Kills

Gumshoe, huh? *taps foot* R_BOOOOND!
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

He's Bond... Edgeworth Bond.
ImageImage
Page 7 of 128 [ 5082 posts ]