Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 4 of 7[ 274 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who would you rather support for President 08?
Total votes : 173Topic%20Title

Poll ended at Thu May 03, 2007 12:09 am
Phoenix Wright 50%  50%  [ 86 ]
Damon Gant 50%  50%  [ 87 ]
Total votes : 173
Re: RECOUNT!!! Phoenix Vs Gant PrelimTopic%20Title

Lolwut?

ICPO wrote:
Gant's everything wrong with politics, he's a back-stabbing, merciless, bastard. Is that really someone we want for president? I say nay friends, vote for Phoenix Wright, a man you can trust! Phoenix

When ya get down to it, all that really matters is the candidate's ability to appeal to the crowd.

Individual people may be smart, but the collective is rather...um... a susceptible victim to the bandwagon-effect.

In short: Gant has more charisma than Phoenix. Therefore, Gant wins. Nick

...and who can go wrong with a guy with pink glasses who swims?!

Damon GANT '08!!! Damon
Too lazy... hur hur.

op

WHAR DO I PUT THIS HERE TREE?!?

Last edited by Nonsense on Wed May 02, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gant '08

Quote:
Poll runs till Thu May 03, 2007 12:09 am

not over yet

The Missing Link

Fleeka wrote:
Quote:

not over yet

I wish it was, the wait and the fact it's this close is killing me...

Most concerned citizen out there.

LET'S GO GANT!!!

Gant GANT '08!! Gant
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Arutica: Attorney at NYAAH

Damon :And for my first act as president! *brings out swimming trunks*
Payne : Turn the camera off, we can't show this!
Gant :Yes you can, and you will! There's a new law now, you see... Swimming wednesday! Gant

That will be a very good world :D Yeah, honestly.

Keep voting Gant !

Gant '08

Apeman1813 wrote:
Fleeka wrote:
Quote:

not over yet

I wish it was, the wait and the fact it's this close is killing me...

yeah, you can almost taste the tension....and the flavour is brick Gant

GANT '08

Set made by Bolt_Storm. Shanks.

Phoenix Wright has to earn my vote. Not because of his protagonism, not because he's more easily recognised, but because he's Phoenix.

#1: He is not one to surrender the fight.[i] He will moan in his mind against the opposition when it is overwhelming. He will curse vengefully at whatever forces toy with his fate. He will sweat when he is trapped in a tiny box and doom comes to consume him and his client. But never, [i]ever does he waver in his resolve. Not once does he doubt the people who depend on him. It is irrelevant how many times Edgeworth insults him, how many flawless cases Von Karma punch him with, how many mugs Godot flings, how many penalties the judge issues, how many insufferable "witnesses" try to lie on the witness stand, Phoenix Wright's spikes will not bend by an inch! He will pant, but only ever comically so. His mind, far keener and wittier than that of his foe (like Damon here: yeah, Wright trapped your sorry butt legitimately!) will perceive the truth that no one else can ascertain. There is no situation whatsoever that will ever get the best of him!

#2: He has friends. Wright does not only protect the innocent, he befriends them too. As the media bash in hard on them in the hopes of earning more money for their own grimy selves, as the people at home cheer for their non-existant guilt to be proven, as the real culprits, the actual culprits, fiends and scumbags manipulating and enforcing this crucification of justice (Damon Gant, hint hint, wink-wink, nudge-nudge!), this man stands valiantly with them to the last - to the victorious end which he so painstakingly achieves. And after the long road is trekked without rest, and the righteous acquittal is earned, what happens? Why, he has buddies to go back to.
Look at the facts regarding the people he encounters:

Larry Maya Fey Mia Fey Maggy Will Powers Grossburg Detective Gumshoe Pearl Ema Pshhh... Lotta Hart Edgeworth , the Berry Big Circus, Lana Adrian, and that's only the half of it.

Pretty big list, all things considered, don't you think? Now let's look at the amount of friends Damon Gant has...
...Face it. There are far more likeable criminal masterminds.

Damon = LONER!!

#3: He does the hard work nobody else will/can do. Face it. It may be amazing to see what he does, but I'm sure it doesn't feel that joyous to be in his shoes entirely. Defending the innocent when there's so much against them like there always is, a prosecutor who usually shows exemplary bigotry, an impatient and dim-witted judge, is quite hard to do, especially when you have to discover the truth bit by bit in less than a minute. Yet he does. He freakin' does. You put the odds at a thousand to one, and Phoenix is the one, the one wins. You put the odds at a million to one, Phoenix is still the one, the one wins. You put the odds at a billion to one, he's the one, the one wins. You stack the odds at infinity to one, Phoenix is the one, and the one wins. You commit the foul crime, and try to hide as the defendant so he'll "save" you, and secretly blackmail him in the process, he'll still[/u] put you - the bad guy - behind bars. You stack the odds as high as you like, in your bid to do foul, and this defence attorney still makes sure the good guy comes out on top and the bad guy on bottom. No matter what, there's just no beating him.

Damon Gant should know. He tried. And is currently running his election campaign in a prison cell.

#4: [i]He has a unique hairstyle.
If people recognise someone for it, then it's unique. If it's unique, it's great. Nobody (in the game) makes much praise for Damon Gant's hairstyle: therefore, it's bland and lame. Enough is said.

#5: Politics are made for people like Wright. We don't want corrupt codfish like Damon Gant in the Whitehouse: we want people we can depend on. Like Phoenix Wright. Yeah, the stupid and tyrannical characters are fine and everything...until people start getting shot and shelled and nuked. Like what will happen should Phoenix lose.

No, it will not still be funny. Considering you, Damon Gant's voters, will be among the first people killed. *Nods*

Phoenix Wright is the kind of man who will better lives, both in quality and in leisure. More jobs, less crime (for one, he'll put better men on the force), more games, better relationships with other countries...there's no limit to the good that will happen to you and me should Phoenix be voted in. *Nods* It's true.

#6: His personality. A prime argument by the Gant supporters is that Damon Gant is a far more interesting character. I find this to be untrue. He is indeed a foul villain, I will give him that much: though this only works to Damon's disadvantage. Look at Phoenix Wright: I can only accuse you people of being blind: surely you must have played the other cases and moments of the game too!

For one, there's his calm, facial demeanor; he may struggle - what humane man wouldn't in his situations - when the earth starts exploding around him. But in court, everywhere it counts, he is an unstoppable force.

There is also, as often praised, his inner dialogue, when he thinks to himself. Am I not correct when I state that his lines, in mind or not, are among the wittiest in the game?

Quote:
"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches?!"

(Can't a foolishly foolish fool get some love?)

(Poor guy. Looks like he was absent on the day they gave out good luck and common sense.)

(If the judge were ever called as one of the prosecution's witnesses, he'd do all of my work for me.)

And I'm digging at the bottom of the trashheap here in the goldmine of quotes from this man. Must I really continue?

His cases are often an uphill struggle, but this is what makes his life all the more treasurable: every moment is climactic, a spectacle to watch as justice eventually prevails. Who wouldn't want a hero like him in politics?? Losers, that's who!

Furthermore, his character can actually be classified as "normal"; Phoenix Wright is the voice of reason in a world of madness. With socially challenged ventriloquists, feverish photographers from the South, 1000+ year old hags who fangirl over his rival, a man bent on perfection, a blackmailer who makes up nonsensical words, an old man who mistakes him for his son, an uncontrollably hyperenergetic sidekick, a judge who can never play neutral, a prosecutor who attacks him with a whip, a demented "doctor" who has a thing for women...A lesser man would crumble and retreat from society. Phoenix Wright is no such man to flee from obstacles; it's not in his determined nature.

Finally, he is a genius in ascerting truths and situations. Surely anyone who has ever heard of this man knows of what I speak! He uncovers facts nobody else can, finds a needle of truth in a haystack of lies and mystery. The man's cleverness is unstoppable.

As for Damon Gant...he's a two-faced opportunist. Nothing more can really be delved upon in all honestly.

It's quite clear people: Make this a political turnabout! Vote Phoenix Wright for President '08!!!
Besides, it's quite clear that Damon Gant can't actually swim. Yeah, it's times like these I wish I had MSpaint. >_<

What is my liiiife?!?

I really doubt anything is going to stop Gant now. There's about... 8 hours left. I really do think Ganbt is our ticket to winning it. The question is...

Who would get the prizes?

Lolwut?

Besides, if you go with the US's laws/rules for becoming president--Nick is too young, the minimum age requirement is 35 IIRC. Gant Nick

GANT '08! Damon Woohoo!
Too lazy... hur hur.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that too. If whoever we pick wins, who will get the price? :O

Fleeka wrote:
Quote:

not over yet

Aww.

WIN!

Last edited by Nonsense on Wed May 02, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still wednesday, so no, it is not over yet. :P

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Bwah-ha-ha! Finally, a Wright post with their act together. This'll be fun.

Dr. Mancusio wrote:
Phoenix Wright has to earn my vote. Not because of his protagonism, not because he's more easily recognised, but because he's Phoenix.

Very nice. Intro, if you can vote for Phoenix and disregard those things then You've got some respect.

Quote:
#1: He is not one to surrender the fight.[i] He will moan in his mind against the opposition when it is overwhelming. He will curse vengefully at whatever forces toy with his fate. He will sweat when he is trapped in a tiny box and doom comes to consume him and his client. But never, [i]ever does he waver in his resolve. Not once does he doubt the people who depend on him. It is irrelevant how many times Edgeworth insults him, how many flawless cases Von Karma punch him with, how many mugs Godot flings, how many penalties the judge issues, how many insufferable "witnesses" try to lie on the witness stand, Phoenix Wright's spikes will not bend by an inch! He will pant, but only ever comically so. His mind, far keener and wittier than that of his foe (like Damon here: yeah, Wright trapped your sorry butt legitimately!) will perceive the truth that no one else can ascertain. There is no situation whatsoever that will ever get the best of him!

Saddly, I have to say while I like how it was all worded, I think the reason as a whole is useless. Politics relys on the politician being the iniciator. The person who does something. 'Then' you bring the lawyers in and bash him for doing something stupid. The entire point was based upon Phoenix's reactions to situations. Politics is creating those situations to which you react.

Quote:
#2: He has friends. Wright does not only protect the innocent, he befriends them too. As the media bash in hard on them in the hopes of earning more money for their own grimy selves, as the people at home cheer for their non-existant guilt to be proven, as the real culprits, the actual culprits, fiends and scumbags manipulating and enforcing this crucification of justice (Damon Gant, hint hint, wink-wink, nudge-nudge!), this man stands valiantly with them to the last - to the victorious end which he so painstakingly achieves. And after the long road is trekked without rest, and the righteous acquittal is earned, what happens? Why, he has buddies to go back to.
Look at the facts regarding the people he encounters:

Larry Maya Fey Mia Fey Maggy Will Powers Grossburg Detective Gumshoe Pearl Ema Pshhh... Lotta Hart Edgeworth , the Berry Big Circus, Lana Adrian, and that's only the half of it.

Pretty big list, all things considered, don't you think? Now let's look at the amount of friends Damon Gant has...
...Face it. There are far more likeable criminal masterminds.

Damon = LONER!!

Again Nice argument, but going in the wrong direction. Damon Gant has accomplices people who will help run the city to the ground, be it willingly, unwillingly, or unknowingly. Now, with all those friends you mentioned, how many of them have the ability to be placed into government positions or even Phoenix's Cabinet? Who there could be the director of internal security, who could manage the treasury? Phoenix has friends, and tons of them, but they're disorganized and 'for the most part' not what I'd consider political material.

Besides he has Criminal Allies to recruit: Devasque Shoe Shelly Taser Godot Bling Bling

Quote:
#3: He does the hard work nobody else will/can do. Face it. It may be amazing to see what he does, but I'm sure it doesn't feel that joyous to be in his shoes entirely. Defending the innocent when there's so much against them like there always is, a prosecutor who usually shows exemplary bigotry, an impatient and dim-witted judge, is quite hard to do, especially when you have to discover the truth bit by bit in less than a minute. Yet he does. He freakin' does. You put the odds at a thousand to one, and Phoenix is the one, the one wins. You put the odds at a million to one, Phoenix is still the one, the one wins. You put the odds at a billion to one, he's the one, the one wins. You stack the odds at infinity to one, Phoenix is the one, and the one wins. You commit the foul crime, and try to hide as the defendant so he'll "save" you, and secretly blackmail him in the process, he'll still[/u] put you - the bad guy - behind bars. You stack the odds as high as you like, in your bid to do foul, and this defence attorney still makes sure the good guy comes out on top and the bad guy on bottom. No matter what, there's just no beating him.

Damon Gant should know. He tried. And is currently running his election campaign in a prison cell.

But isn't that his point? But again, you're doing an against the odds thing. Phoenix reacting to a situation and coming back from it. Politics has you creating those situations to which you return from. If anything Phoenix would be qualified for getting Gant out of office and not replacing him.

Quote:
#4: [i]He has a unique hairstyle. If people recognise someone for it, then it's unique. If it's unique, it's great. Nobody (in the game) makes much praise for Damon Gant's hairstyle: therefore, it's bland and lame. Enough is said.

Quote:
#5: Politics are made for people like Wright. We don't want corrupt codfish like Damon Gant in the Whitehouse: we want people we can depend on. Like Phoenix Wright. Yeah, the stupid and tyrannical characters are fine and everything...until people start getting shot and shelled and nuked. Like what will happen should Phoenix lose.

No, it will not still be funny. Considering you, Damon Gant's voters, will be among the first people killed. *Nods*

Phoenix Wright is the kind of man who will better lives, both in quality and in leisure. More jobs, less crime (for one, he'll put better men on the force), more games, better relationships with other countries...there's no limit to the good that will happen to you and me should Phoenix be voted in. *Nods* It's true.

Great argument, if Gant were going for a real political position.

We're going for a fake government position, one where if you're corrupt or not doesn't matter, but how much of an impact you can leave on Capcom's Judges. Saving the whales is nice and all, but appointing Redd White as Treasurer will make you turn and stare.

Quote:
#6: His personality. A prime argument by the Gant supporters is that Damon Gant is a far more interesting character. I find this to be untrue. He is indeed a foul villain, I will give him that much: though this only works to Damon's disadvantage. Look at Phoenix Wright: I can only accuse you people of being blind: surely you must have played the other cases and moments of the game too!

For one, there's his calm, facial demeanor; he may struggle - what humane man wouldn't in his situations - when the earth starts exploding around him. But in court, everywhere it counts, he is an unstoppable force.

Exactly! Gant works for selfishness! He'll run the government to the ground, make it the worst place you'd want to be a citizen of. Make you turn and look and say that's horrid! If you play it by the rules you won't get near as much attention.

Quote:
There is also, as often praised, his inner dialogue, when he thinks to himself. Am I not correct when I state that his lines, in mind or not, are among the wittiest in the game?

Quote:
"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches?!"

(Can't a foolishly foolish fool get some love?)

(Poor guy. Looks like he was absent on the day they gave out good luck and common sense.)

(If the judge were ever called as one of the prosecution's witnesses, he'd do all of my work for me.)

And I'm digging at the bottom of the trashheap here in the goldmine of quotes from this man. Must I really continue?

So, Phoenix will make a great President because he thinks to himself? ... I'm not entirely sure where that argument was headed.

Quote:
His cases are often an uphill struggle, but this is what makes his life all the more treasurable: every moment is climactic, a spectacle to watch as justice eventually prevails. Who wouldn't want a hero like him in politics?? Losers, that's who!

Furthermore, his character can actually be classified as "normal"; Phoenix Wright is the voice of reason in a world of madness. With socially challenged ventriloquists, feverish photographers from the South, 1000+ year old hags who fangirl over his rival, a man bent on perfection, a blackmailer who makes up nonsensical words, an old man who mistakes him for his son, an uncontrollably hyperenergetic sidekick, a judge who can never play neutral, a prosecutor who attacks him with a whip, a demented "doctor" who has a thing for women...A lesser man would crumble and retreat from society. Phoenix Wright is no such man to flee from obstacles; it's not in his determined nature.

Finally, he is a genius in ascerting truths and situations. Surely anyone who has ever heard of this man knows of what I speak! He uncovers facts nobody else can, finds a needle of truth in a haystack of lies and mystery. The man's cleverness is unstoppable.

Again, reactions, reactions, reactions to situations and coming out of them. In politics you need to 'create' those situations. But I've made this argument already so I won't go farther.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

What is my liiiife?!?

4 1/4 hours to go, and I'm getting nervous. Gant likers who haven't voted, please do so now. 5 votes may not be enough.

stirring

Ugh, people keep voting for Pheonix for the wrong reasons. -_-

Gant. Must. Win.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I haven't seen anyone say this yet, so I'm gonna put in my two cents of stupidity. If this is America, Phoenix has no way of winning and I'll put it simply. Its illegal for him to win. It says in the constitution that a President must be at least 35, and our dear Phoenix is no more than 25 years old. Gant will win by default. 'Nuff said! *ducks and prepares to get stoned.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Nonsense wrote:
Fleeka wrote:
Quote:

not over yet

Aww.

Wooster wrote:
Bwah-ha-ha! Finally, a Wright post with their act together. This'll be fun.
Meep.

Quote:
Very nice. Intro, if you can vote for Phoenix and disregard those things then You've got some respect.
Why thank you. I generally pick up a few lessons from computer game characters: Phoenix was an exception in the regard that he taught me quite well, I feel.

Quote:
Saddly, I have to say while I like how it was all worded, I think the reason as a whole is useless. Politics relys on the politician being the iniciator. The person who does something. 'Then' you bring the lawyers in and bash him for doing something stupid. The entire point was based upon Phoenix's reactions to situations. Politics is creating those situations to which you react.
I don't mean to say that he can't take the offensive, that would be incorrect. If we are to consider Gant the Unstoppable Force, then Phoenix is the Immovable Object. With Chuck Norris standing guard. Any arguments and attempts at image-destruction Gant would (certainly) try, Wright would expose as the sham it is. As for taking to the offensive...Yes, Phoenix is hard to perceive as the man who strikes first: he defends, but doesn't immediately prosecute ('til the real murderer comes along Nick ). But once the gloves come off, Wright retaliates in a flurry. From there, he can definitely be counted on to deal blow after blow until the finishing blow.

Wooster wrote:
Again Nice argument, but going in the wrong direction. Damon Gant has accomplices people who will help run the city to the ground, be it willingly, unwillingly, or unknowingly. Now, with all those friends you mentioned, how many of them have the ability to be placed into government positions or even Phoenix's Cabinet? Who there could be the director of internal security, who could manage the treasury? Phoenix has friends, and tons of them, but they're disorganized and 'for the most part' not what I'd consider political material.
I suppose my point is that Phoenix is a people-person; they help with the image, not necessarily his campaign. Out of all the people who serve under Gant's criminal side, how many of them do you think actually like the guy for who he is, as many people appreciate Wright for the man he is? Unless they're nuts like the Boat Shop caretaker, I doubt they will.

Quote:
Besides he has Criminal Allies to recruit:
Dee Vasque may have had Mafia connections, but there's no proof that she used them to do anything other than protect herself.

Shelly De Killer is an honourable man, but not a corrupt one despite his profession. Gant could hire him, but then it'd just be normal business.

Bling Bling...I won't argue with that: in fact I'd agree with it. They're the only two who could really team up. I can imagine at least one scenario in which they'd co-operate.

One common thing overlooked about Von Karma : he's not evil, just obsessed with perfectionism and always winning. The only way Gant could use him would be to force Lana to appoint Von Karma as prosecutor for a case regarding a truly innocent defendant. And if Wright wasn't on the job.

Shoe W-WHAAAAAT!? :oof:
The defence cannot object to this creature's villainy. It is impossible to deny. (Damn it...)

Quote:
But isn't that his point? But again, you're doing an against the odds thing. Phoenix reacting to a situation and coming back from it. Politics has you creating those situations to which you return from. If anything Phoenix would be qualified for getting Gant out of office and not replacing him.
And again, sorry for making a flaw/impression like this in my argument, but I still stand that he can also act on this. Admittedly, you don't see castles being built for attacking I recognise, but he can come to grips with it: it'll just...be like the rookie-days all over.

Quote:

Urk. I suppose this wasn't entirely serious on my part... But allow me to expand my reasoning:

Phoenix's style is more or less a running joke, a character feature. Something that identifies him. As he begins a case and is calm, he's the prim, stoic eagle. As he strikes hard, about to pick off his prey, he's a swift hawk. When he's grasping, it identifies him as a timid, scruffy blackbird (okay, not really, but you get the idea). People either look at him for "Hey, the smart lawyer guy!", or "Hey, the spiky-haired nutter in a suit!". It's a likeable side-trait.

As for Gant...myes, it's "adorable" (not in the way that word is usually used) when he does that, but is it a running joke? Does Wright even spare a joke to the side about it? Does Udgey ever say "Oh, and your hair's still as wild as it ever was, Chief!"

Ergo, by using (twisted) logic, Gant's hair cannot possibly be unique in the PW world.

Quote:
Great argument, if Gant were going for a real political position.

We're going for a fake government position, one where if you're corrupt or not doesn't matter, but how much of an impact you can leave on Capcom's Judges. Saving the whales is nice and all, but appointing Redd White as Treasurer will make you turn and stare.
The villain thing has been tried and tested, in my rebuttal. Gant's the slimiest, slippery and learned of all things legal ('cept Evidence Law, hahaha) villain in the game. He'll gladly make lives suffer, especially ones which were as kind and good-hearted as Lana's, for what he wants. I'll concede that he's one hell of a nut to best in the final day of Rise from the Ashes.

But then again, doesn't Phoenix also have his parts in the world which can be admired? As heroes go, people usually expect one to be able to save the Princess from eight different castles, kill 1001 enemies, 16 colossals, etc. etc.; in other words, actiony. Phoenix stands out: he's not a man of violence, but a man of action on a front which good is struggling to stand in: the court. While someone like the Master Chief will sneak around a Control Room, looking for the biggest guns possible to zap people with, Phoenix uses his brain. He is unique, in this sense, to many others. (He got me to turn on my noggin, for one, an act which I am forever grateful.) It's a matter of finding the truth, not fighting to preserve it.

And when we're talking about pitting this guy up against other acclaimed characters, I think an Objection with a strong thrust of a finger would scare the stiffing out of Solid Snake more easily than a two-faced manipulator with an obsession for aquatic athletics.

Quote:
Exactly! Gant works for selfishness! He'll run the government to the ground, make it the worst place you'd want to be a citizen of. Make you turn and look and say that's horrid! If you play it by the rules you won't get near as much attention.
Phoenix plays by the rules thick and through, and he's recognised by more people far more easily than Damon Gant. But that's playing on the protagonist argument.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be remembered. It's how you want to be remember, really.
Nobody likes Benedict Arnold, yet he's remembered. Do we want to hear of a Chief of Police who seemed really friendly, yet was actually involved in massive corruption of a region's legal system, the destruction and death of both life and mental well-being, that actually existed X number of years ago? I'd rather not.

Quote:
So, Phoenix will make a great President because he thinks to himself? ... I'm not entirely sure where that argument was headed.

...Myes. :sweatdrop: I suppose I'm building on that he's a better character than Gant (at least in stand-up), an argument I'm sure many people will find controversial and I'll take back once these polls are over.

Quote:
Again, reactions, reactions, reactions to situations and coming out of them. In politics you need to 'create' those situations. But I've made this argument already so I won't go farther.
Nick (This is going to be one. Ugly. Case.)

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone say this yet, so I'm gonna put in my two cents of stupidity. If this is America, Phoenix has no way of winning and I'll put it simply. Its illegal for him to win. It says in the constitution that a President must be at least 35, and our dear Phoenix is no more than 25 years old. Gant will win by default. 'Nuff said! *ducks and prepares to get stoned.

Objection
OBJECT! However, you have overlooked one very important detail in your entire argument. And that is...*slams desk* IN THE TIMELINE!!

You may recall that the legal system in Ace Attorney is different to that of our own. The reasoning for this? Recall cases 2 and 4 from the first game. Case 4 clearly proves that, by the time Damon Gant pops into the picture, the year is...2017!!

OBJECT! Are you saying it is entirely impossible for the legal system to be amended so Wright and other politicians in his age bracket would be able to run?!

Last edited by Dr. Mancusio on Wed May 02, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godot Worshipper

Gant! GANT! HE MUST WIN! D:

Damon Gant Damon Gant Damon

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

Phoenix Wright fans, I implore you. Rally! We can still bring this back from the brink. My friends, it is time for one last turnabout with Gant... we can do this! Phoenix

Dr. Mancusio wrote:
Quote:

Objection
OBJECT! However, you have overlooked one very important detail in your entire argument. And that is...*slams desk* IN THE TIMELINE!!

You may recall that the legal system in Ace Attorney is different to that of our own. The reasoning for this? Recall cases 2 and 4 from the first game. Case 4 clearly proves that, by the time Damon Gant pops into the picture, the year is...2017!!

OBJECT! Are you saying it is entirely impossible for the legal system to be amended so Wright and other politicians in his age bracket would be able to run?!

Well, it hasn't changed for over 200 years, so why go and change something thats worked for over 200 years in about another 10 years. It doesn't really make any sense to me. And you're arguing legal system. Sure they said in the game that the legal system has changed, but they never stated anything about changing the constitution and I'm stating my case based on the constitution. They can change up the courtroom's legalities and stuff like that all they want to, but it may not necessarily show up on the constitution. The age limit thing has been on the constitution since the beginning of America, and why go out of your way to change something that works so well? Besides, I'd love to have Gant win so he can make swimming mandatory because swimming is what I love to do! Just as long as it ain't in a pool of blood....
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

BIKE MONEY!

Heh... I may make a comic about this... Hobohodo

Ok, on a kind of unrelated note, how can Gant have 50% and Phoenix 49%? Has this become based on a 99% scale? It doesn't add up.... ><
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

What is my liiiife?!?

The votes are rounded up and/or down depending if it's >x.5. It's probabl 50. something and 49.something. Both too small to be rounded up.

dullahan1 wrote:
Dr. Mancusio wrote:
Quote:

Objection

Well, it hasn't changed for over 200 years, so why go and change something thats worked for over 200 years in about another 10 years.
:sweatdrop: Well why not change it?

Quote:
Sure they said in the game that the legal system has changed, but they never stated anything about changing the constitution and I'm stating my case based on the constitution. They can change up the courtroom's legalities and stuff like that all they want to, but it may not necessarily show up on the constitution. The age limit thing has been on the constitution since the beginning of America, and why go out of your way to change something that works so well?
And again...well why not? If they changed the legal system, then it's not impossible to amend one little age regulation.

[quote=ICPO]Phoenix Wright fans, I implore you. Rally! We can still bring this back from the brink. My friends, it is time for one last turnabout with Gant... we can do this! Phoenix [/quote]

SUPERMEGAPHOENIXOBJECTIONPOINTERTIME!! Credit to Snesman of the original forum.

No Maya, that is SPARDA.

Wow the votes are so close.
Anywho, I voted for Phoenix because justice prevails! ;D
Sig by me :D

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Quote:
I don't mean to say that he can't take the offensive, that would be incorrect. If we are to consider Gant the Unstoppable Force, then Phoenix is the Immovable Object. With Chuck Norris standing guard. Any arguments and attempts at image-destruction Gant would (certainly) try, Wright would expose as the sham it is. As for taking to the offensive...Yes, Phoenix is hard to perceive as the man who strikes first: he defends, but doesn't immediately prosecute ('til the real murderer comes along Nick ). But once the gloves come off, Wright retaliates in a flurry. From there, he can definitely be counted on to deal blow after blow until the finishing blow.

But again, when Phoenix goes on the offensive, it's because he's 'reacting' to another person's crime and misdeeds. That's Phoenix's flaw. Even when he goes to court, when has he taken a case because he wanted to, and not because he was thrust into it because someone tried to get him involved in it?

Spoiler: Phoenix in Court
GS1-1: Reacting to Butz getting in trouble
GS1-2: Phoenix gets charged with Murder, Mentor gets killed
GS1-3: Maya wants Phoenix to take this case.
GS1-4: Edgy's in trouble, repay old respects.
GS1-5: Ema's making Phoenix the DA regardless if he wants to or not.

GS2-1: Phoenix doesn't know who he is.
GS2-2: Dr. Grey( And Maya's in trouble, again.)
GS2-3: Can't remember entirely, but I think this was Maya dragging him along for the ride.
GS2-4: Maya's in trouble... yet again.

GS3-1: Phoenix on Trial
GS3-2: Don't know the details.
GS3-3: Don't know the details.
GS3-5: Final Clash with Godot, and save Maya... AGAIN.

Of those cases, Only one I know of where Phoenix takes a case as part of his job (And he died before Phoenix got a chance to defend him) and not because he was shoved into it or one of his friends were in trouble, and two in GS3 that are potential takers. His entire career is based upon reactions to people he knows.

It's easy to concede that Phoenix could get Gant kicked out of office, because as we've established that he's a reactor, and a sure fire good one at that. But unlikely that he could take that position and do anything in it.

Quote:
I suppose my point is that Phoenix is a people-person; they help with the image, not necessarily his campaign. Out of all the people who serve under Gant's criminal side, how many of them do you think actually like the guy for who he is, as many people appreciate Wright for the man he is? Unless they're nuts like the Boat Shop caretaker, I doubt they will.

Apples and Oranges. Phoenix is a good guy, his allies have good guy morals. Gant is a villain, his 'allies' have bad-guy morals.

Quote:
Urk. I suppose this wasn't entirely serious on my part... But allow me to expand my reasoning:

Phoenix's style is more or less a running joke, a character feature. Something that identifies him. As he begins a case and is calm, he's the prim, stoic eagle. As he strikes hard, about to pick off his prey, he's a swift hawk. When he's grasping, it identifies him as a timid, scruffy blackbird (okay, not really, but you get the idea). People either look at him for "Hey, the smart lawyer guy!", or "Hey, the spiky-haired nutter in a suit!". It's a likeable side-trait.

As for Gant...myes, it's "adorable" (not in the way that word is usually used) when he does that, but is it a running joke? Does Wright even spare a joke to the side about it? Does Udgey ever say "Oh, and your hair's still as wild as it ever was, Chief!"

Ergo, by using (twisted) logic, Gant's hair cannot possibly be unique in the PW world.

Phoenix's hair is one of his personality quarks. Gant has personality quarks as well, from that Soul Staring blink to his infatuation with clapping and swimming. If I were to take the same argument then I'd have to say that Phoenix isn't a good choice because he doesn't have lightning strike him or because he doesn't clap, which would be a silly argument.

Quote:
The villain thing has been tried and tested, in my rebuttal. Gant's the slimiest, slippery and learned of all things legal ('cept Evidence Law, hahaha) villain in the game. He'll gladly make lives suffer, especially ones which were as kind and good-hearted as Lana's, for what he wants. I'll concede that he's one hell of a nut to best in the final day of Rise from the Ashes.

But then again, doesn't Phoenix also have his parts in the world which can be admired? As heroes go, people usually expect one to be able to save the Princess from eight different castles, kill 1001 enemies, 16 colossals, etc. etc.; in other words, actiony. Phoenix stands out: he's not a man of violence, but a man of action on a front which good is struggling to stand in: the court. While someone like the Master Chief will sneak around a Control Room, looking for the biggest guns possible to zap people with, Phoenix uses his brain. He is unique, in this sense, to many others. (He got me to turn on my noggin, for one, an act which I am forever grateful.) It's a matter of finding the truth, not fighting to preserve it.

And when we're talking about pitting this guy up against other acclaimed characters, I think an Objection with a strong thrust of a finger would scare the stiffing out of Solid Snake more easily than a two-faced manipulator with an obsession for aquatic athletics.

... but isn't that the same exact story for Gant? He doesn't wave guns around or kidnap princesses or sneak into anywhere or command German WW2 Aircraft. He's a thinker and knows how to use the law to his advantage, which again sets him apart from other villains in the same way that it separates Phoenix from other heros.

Quote:
Phoenix plays by the rules thick and through, and he's recognised by more people far more easily than Damon Gant. But that's playing on the protagonist argument.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be remembered. It's how you want to be remember, really.
Nobody likes Benedict Arnold, yet he's remembered. Do we want to hear of a Chief of Police who seemed really friendly, yet was actually involved in massive corruption of a region's legal system, the destruction and death of both life and mental well-being, that actually existed X number of years ago? I'd rather not.

Ah, 'playing by the rules', When you're in politics, aren't you the one creating said rules? Phoenix would uphold the law, Gant would re-write it. Thus again, making Phoenix more up for law enforcement then law manipulation. Which would, again, make Phoenix better for getting Gant kicked out then for taking this job.

Quote:

Objection

If that were also the case, then MegaMan would be unqualified from this position, as I think he was built a few hundred years after this year. Thus, there's no question that Phoenix isn't capable of taking presidency, the question remains, would he be good at the job?

What is my liiiife?!?

Oh noes. We've got to find more Ganters, quick. This is getting too tense...

Yes, friends, we need only a few more votes to push Gant of his high and mighty horse once and for all. Hurry now, my friends. Run, if you must, from every mountain, forest, town, village, city, country, and continent. Come, and show your support for the only ture canidate!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Quote:
Dee Vasque may have had Mafia connections, but there's no proof that she used them to do anything other than protect herself.

Shelly De Killer is an honourable man, but not a corrupt one despite his profession. Gant could hire him, but then it'd just be normal business.

Redd White...I won't argue with that: in fact I'd agree with it. They're the only two who could really team up. I can imagine at least one scenario in which they'd co-operate.

:manfred: One common thing overlooked about : he's not evil, just obsessed with perfectionism and always winning. The only way Gant could use him would be to force Lana to appoint Von Karma as prosecutor for a case regarding a truly innocent defendant. And if Wright wasn't on the job.

W-WHAAAAAT!? :oof:
The defence cannot object to this creature's villainy. It is impossible to deny. (Damn it...)

Personally, I was thinking of Dee as head of the health department, what with her infatuation with smoking. I totally over looked the Mafia deal.

... That gives me some ideas actually.

With Von Karma, lets turn the tables around, Von Karma's not a villain, then, is he a likely candidate for Phoenix's Vice President? Personally, I think he'd go for Sal Manella before he considered Manfred.

Shelly's an honorable assassin, surely it would be dishonorable to not pay your taxes. I think he'd be willing to audit you.

BIKE MONEY!

Almost done... Holy crap, Phoenix is making a Turnabout!

Master of sharp things!

I'm still voting Phoenix. While Gant would probably be a better politician, Phoenix has more face value for the series; his name's in the English titles, after all. Better recognition would likely account for a better quantity of votes.

RevFirst wrote:
Almost done... Holy crap, Phoenix is making a Turnabout!

He has quite a way of doing that, or so I've heard....
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

俺のマグカップは小宇宙だ

Dr. Mancusio wrote:
SUPERMEGAPHOENIXOBJECTIONPOINTERTIME!! Credit to Snesman of the original forum.

Brilliant! Godot

Let's hope this ends up being a "Dewey defeats Truman" moment, with all the "Gant wins!" stuff going on. Wellington

Go Phoenix! We can come up with plenty of ways to support him and be "interesting" and "grab people's attention" at the same time. Plus, the Capcom people may even know who we're talking about! (I doubt most of them even know who Gant is, despite working at Capcom...)
-Graywords

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
I'm still voting Phoenix. While Gant would probably be a better politician, Phoenix has more face value for the series; his name's in the English titles, after all. Better recognition would likely account for a better quantity of votes.

GAAAAAAAH!

This is my fourth time saying this. This Contest is being judged by Capcom's

--> "STAFF" <--

NOT THE COMMUNITY

Brand awareness has no factor in this contest.

Yes, my friends, hear the call. Do not falter now, we have come so close, my friends! Those of you who still seat yourselfs safely on the fence, I implore you, take the plunge! Follow your gut, it is this that shall lead to Gant's fall.
The time is now, the place is here; it is time for the final turnabout!

俺のマグカップは小宇宙だ

Capcom's staff more than likely can recognize Phoenix much better than Gant, as well, pilgrim. Marshall It can still make a difference, despite the intended audience.
-Graywords

Aah! Cobras!

Argh. The tension D:

I'd accuse Phoenix of Gerry Mandering the votes since this is basically his ultra fandom forum, but only 164 people have voted.

I still stand by Gant as he's more dynamic and noticeable than a guy who just stands at a desk and points all the time. Gant swims, stares, summons lightning, and claps.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Graywords wrote:
Capcom's staff more than likely can recognize Phoenix much better than Gant, as well, pilgrim. Marshall It can still make a difference, despite the intended audience.

If we go by that same exact argument, then MegaMan will win the election as he's practically Capcom's Mascot. He has the most brand awareness of any of them. The contest is based upon our page with our reasons supporting our character. Thus, Megaman could easily fail if his fandom doesn't create a good argument for him.
Page 4 of 7 [ 274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River