Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 4[ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Maya or TrucyTopic%20Title

I OBJEKTS!

My vote goes to Trucy. She's just alot stronger character; she dosn't give up and dosn't need to rely on anywhere and instead helps Apollo pull through. I get kinda urked in characters that, I wouldn't exactly say emotional but just a cry baby and kinda whiney.

Mr. Hat ftw =3

stirring

I found Trucy cuter. I was ... never a huge Maya fan.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

TPC represent

as many good qualities as trucy has, such as being cute, smart, and has mr. hat, she just doesnt fill the "maya void" that lingers in my heart.

Mary sue extrodinare.

Trucy, though she snnoyed me by saying things I had figured out in court. I found myself constantly yelling, "But that's my line!" at my DS...
And I feel the same way about that stunt in 2-4 that many people seem to. I was just... wrong.

I miss Maya though...

I agree that they both make good partners for their respective lawyers...Maya + Apollo or Trucy + Phoenix just wouldn't have the same effect, I think. But I have to admit that I like Trucy better...she wasn't as far out / space cadet as Maya was (relative to their ages) and I dunno, there's just something about Trucy's personality that I like better. And she's so cute! :minuki:

*insert title here*

I'm only up to case 3 but I'm already liking Trucy more.. she seems more mature for some reason. I guess I'm starting to realize how annoying Maya was at times
icon by: iconglomerate @ LJ

ALBATROSS!

One thing I liked about Maya was how kinetic she was. Her enthusiasm over everything was endearing to me. Trucy is more perky than excitable (not that that's a bad thing).

Ayup, ayup

Trucy. All the way. First off, she's a magician. That's a bit more realistic than, say, a spirit medium. And I guess I go for realism.
And then there's the fact that she has magic panties. And Mr. Hat.
Plus I think she adds more humor to the game than Maya ever could.
Not to offend Maya or anything. I still love Maya!
Single and daughter to Syke y Ayasato and nintendofreak...ayup...
...ayup.

Defense Attorney

Maya all the way! I personally like sticking to the originals when in comes to game characters, not to mention Maya is amazing!

Azum

Faith is for the transient people.

Trucy. Maya was cool as an assistant, but she ticked me off with her attitude. =\ Don't get me wrong, seriously. Maya's awesome as a character, but she needs to be more mature.

Trucy's a lot more mature from what I've seen. Sure, she got extremely silly in 4-3, but she was pretty serious in 4-2. And her one appearance in 4-1 actually showed her as pretty damn calm. She just stood there, staring at Apollo.

When she gets her mad face on in court, she doesn't outburst like Maya does most of the time. And, unlike Maya, Trucy knows when to make a good comeback (Oh, the stubbornness of age!), and she really pulls it off better.

So, sorry Maya, Trucy takes the cake. And her smile when she looks like she's holding the rim of her hat? SO ADORABLE. :D (Not the :P face. That one's partially adorable but a bit too silly XD)
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

操纵距离程度的能力

A super easy question for me. I've never liked Maya. :yuusaku: One of my last favorite types of characters are silly girls, and unfortunately she's one of them.*shot*

Actually she gave me quite a good impression in the case 1-2, but then I found her really annoying. I don't mind if she got kidnapped or sued twice a year, it's not her fault, but I can't understand how could she become so clueless about everything.Pearl is much better than her on both sprite power and intelligence even she's much younger.

Trucy is totally different. She's smart and she knows how the things going around her.

Why...maybe I should just admit Maya's sprites is another reason. =_= Don't mean to annoy anyone, but I think they just make her even sillier. :yogi:
You can call me whatever you want:3

Justice :D :D

I vote Maya!!

She's way funnier, with those things like: cm'on Nick, I have a nice little bottle for you....
BWAM

And more of that hilarious things.
It's just that I like Maya really much like a character.
I really miss her in GS4 :( :(
ImageThank you Elriel for this amazing sig!!

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical
- Blaise Pascal

an awesome avvy by my best friend Harumi

I like Maya more because I find her more funny, I think a spirt medium is cooler than a magician and I can relate to her love of burgers.

Don't get me wrong I like Trucy but I just like Maya more also Mr.Hat rules!!!

Made by the fabulous Vickinator!

Revive.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Stop bumping threads unless you have something new to add to the discussion.
ImageImage

At least Trucy isn't another princess in distress who needs saving. I like Maya too though, it was so funny how she interacted with Phoenix, their conversations were great.

So, I like them both, don't have a favorite.

I'm back and no one cares!

Trucy...i'm not sure why but its Trucy.

maya is almost just as good as her but she isn't...

maybe i just think trucy is cuter.
what do i is called rollplaying, i really don't think i am richard.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

I hump Maya. >_>
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

Overruled?

Sorry guys, but my vote's gonna go to Maya. Ranking as my second favorite character in the series, I've grown really attached to her over the series. Trucy is cute n' all, but she's like a new car without an engine, looks great but dosen't work. I really felt for Maya throughout the series, despite the tradgic fate of her family, she's always pushing on and trying to be strong for Nick and Pearl. Sure she's really immature, but I find it as a good quality, as I think too many people try to mature too fast, devoid themselves of a sense of humor, and just aren't any fun to be around. Maya's the exact opposite, I always love her tagging along on cases, making jokes and having fun at Nick's expense. To me she never got old to have around. ^^

Also, unlike Trucy whom we only get a throwaway reference to her depression at the end, throughout the first game we see all kinds of signs of Maya's sadness and truama, and how it developed her character from just a silly little childish thing to a real deep and interesting person.

Spoiler:
In 1-2 a tear almost came to my eye when she listened to the recording of her and her sister talking on the phone. Visualizing it really struck a nerve in my heart, and even at that early point I felt for her. Then came 1-4, where she was feeling like she was no good at helping Phoenix, and felt useless, but she came through for him so much in the case, shouting a HOLD IT! during Lotta's testimony to save them from Von Karma, then later taking a shock from a taser and snatching an incrimiating piece of evidence from Manfred which saved our case, then at the end the way she promised to come back to Phoenix when she becomes strong enough, this was the kind of thing that really drew me into the Phoenix Wright series.

There were plenty of other times in JoA and T&T that I'd bring up but it's not really fair to compare Trucy from one game to Maya from three.

Dirtiest lil attorney ever!

I haven't played a game with Trucy in it yet so for now i'll say maya, but Trucy looks better.

=D

I vote Maya.

Most of Trucy's one-liners annoyed me. So did her gimmick. Don't get me wrong, she's freakin' adorable, but I found myself getting frustrated with her quite often.
Spoiler: Case 4-3
Particularly in case 4-3 when she was like, "Yeah I know how Lamimoir's magic trick was done, and I know it will help us prove Machi's innocence! But I'm not telling you, Apollo, because of some super secret magic code!" That was the event that really put me off of her character as a whole. Also she has really ugly panties. =P

Plus, there wasn't enough chemistry between her and Apollo to make them an interesting duo. (Unlike Maya and Nick, who had amazing chemistry). In fact, the only time I found Trucy interesting was when she was interacting with Nick. Now that's a cute little father/daughter relationship right there. :minuki:

I'm not sure I understand why people say she was more helpful then Maya. I can't think of a single time she did something that Maya didn't do as well. Magatama = Perceive, in my opinion, and it's not like you needed Trucy to be able to use the Perceive ability anyway.

As for Trucy staying out of trouble, it's not like Maya went out and looked for it on purpose. You can't blame the girl for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, nor can you blame her for being born a Fey. Again in my opinion, Maya getting into trouble wasn't excessive (it was like once in each game and a different circumstance each time. The only time it was annoying was case 2-2.)

I also believe that Trucy's maturity level is on par with Maya's. However, Maya's child-like behavior was much more endearing than Trucy's.

Also? Spirit channellings > fake magic. For realz.
=D

BLARG

trucy duh stupidest topic ever

Guilty of being an AA addict

I have to vote Trucy, she was the funniest of the two.

Plus, Kid Trucy is adorable.
I will take over Court-Records with my army of Klavier fanboys!

The world calls it love

It's strange....I liked young Ema less than Maya because of her constant harping on her hook (science), whereas Maya's medium-ness didn't completely dominate her personality. Trucy constantly harps on her hook too (magic), and yet...for some reason I think I like her more than Maya. I'm not sure what it is exactly--maybe some of it is all the drama manufactured onto Maya over the years, maybe it's because the spirit channeling always cheesed me a little bit, I can't really give a good explanation. I will say that it seems like Trucy generally knows her way around an investigation a little better (to be expected), and she tends to fall more on the line of "peppy" compared to Maya's "naive." As long as they don't go overboard with Trucy's magic obsession in the future, I think the dynamic between her and Apollo will be able to develop a lot (especially once some of the behind-the-scenes info from GS4 is revealed).

It should be fun to revisit this topic once Trucy has three games-worth of murder charges and kidnapping attempts. Then we'll see what's what. :kyouya:

DarkWobbuffet wrote:

[spoiler=]In 1-2 a tear almost came to my eye when she listened to the recording of her and her sister talking on the phone. Visualizing it really struck a nerve in my heart, and even at that early point I felt for her.

I'm pretty sure I cryed during the part where Maya was listing to the recording of her and Mia's conversation.

Stalker Horse?!

I never truly understood the argument that Maya was 'immature'. So, liking kids shows and being jokey a lot makes you immature? Then I would generally be classed as immature. But that is far from the case, everyone I know thinks I'm really mature; but I can see a lot of traits in Maya that I can identify with myself. I know I'm just one person, but this is why I don't understand the idea that Maya is immature.

But, to answer the topic at hand... I prefer Maya. Don't get me wrong, I liked Trucy's character, but I just prefer Maya over her. Possibly because we've had more time with Maya. :D

lulzwhut?

I'm ashamed to say this, but I really, really like Trucy. :< Probably even more than Maya. She's just so adorable and I have a huge soft spot for wizard characters.

Reporting for duty, sir!

Zvarri!

As much as I love Trucy and her adorableness, I would definetly have to say Maya.

For one thing, trucy knows everything, but she won't tell apollo any of it, and when she does she might as well be the defense attorney herself. Maya, on the other hand, just makes witty jokes as the cases role, and lets Nick do his job.

All of you are saying how immature Maya is, and how bad stuff happen to her every other case. Like som people have said, kids are trying to grow up too fast. I think it's great that Maya still likes children's cartoons and adores hamburgers! :maya: And its not her fault she's in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Don't get me wrong guys, I love Trucy, but I just see more appeal in Maya's character.

I wonder what all of our opinions will be at GS6?

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Maybe my reply will be different at the end of GS6, but I'm definitely siding with Maya on this one. :maya:
Trucy is such a cutie and the little father/daughter relationship Phoenix and Trucy have is completely adorable! However, as an assistant, Trucy didn't seem to stand out as much. Like, when I would examine something with Trucy, she's pretty calm and besides some adorable quirks and magician...ness (goshdarnit now I'm thinking of Pearl "... a magic-ician?") I could kind of predict what she would say to me. I just love Maya's whimsical...ness because I just keep thinking back to 2-3 when Phoenix and Maya were examining the ringmaster's office. Maya's all, "There's so many posters! I'm sure they won't miss it if I take just one... >_> <_<" and when Phoenix tells her not too, it turns out she's already stolen one XD.
*ahem* yea I like going off on tangents. I'm sure I just need to warm up to Trucy a little more, but I loved the whole idea of Nick being Maya's "Nickel Samurai", in the words of Pearl. :pearl:

Wheeeeeeee~

Ehhhhhhhhhh... I'd have to say Maya.
Hehehe...
MUHUHUHUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-*choke*

I OWN DEEZ HEAR INTERNETZ

Well, I've been a diehard Maya fan since I finished the third game. (which, oddly, I got before the other two) So, I didn't much like Trucy on principle. I've been looking everywhere for a chance to use this line; "Trucy is more helpful. The really helpful part is when you get cancer because she shot an x-ray directly at your face." :godot:

I guess, one more thing to say; she does seem cleverer, but I think part of this is by drawing a parallel to Apollo, who never has any idea what he's doing. Phoenix actually figured things out; Trucy would just look silly if she was his assistant. I can see it now...

:minuki: Think about it carefully. You have to present the evidence that...

:phoenix: I think you'll find I've already taken the necessary measures.

:minuki: Oh, good. Then, what this means is-

:phoenix: The defense submits that the murderer was the witness!

EDIT: Clarification; I'm not trying to insult Apollo. He is awesome, as the successor to the not-knowing-what-a-stepladder-is tradition. I think he'll get better as he gets more games, as well. I'm just trying to make a point, here, though. Also, Maya and Apollo would probably be even worse than Trucy and Phoenix. Once again; Just. trying. to make. a point. :keiko:
"Lord what fools these mortals be."
-Puck

What a guy.

I'll have to go with Trucy, i never really bonded with Maya in the three AA games and i still don't to be honest maybe her sillness got me uninterrested in her, but with Trucy i really liked her personality and since we are most likely going to see her develop in these next couple of games i can't see any reason to change my mind.

Unless a Maya cameo really impresses me.

Last edited by Ace Attorney Rimmer on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

machinimator

I can see I go against the grain here, but my answer is definitely to Maya. See, it's about identifying with the character. In Phoenix Wright, often either Phoenix or Mia is the one to figure out the mystery, impressing the entire court, and it's something like this.

Phoenix: Our entire perception of this mystery has been false! ________
Judge: But...how do you explain _________?
Maya: N-Nick? Can you think of something?
Phoenix: I'm not just thinking it. I know it. Your honor! Take a look at this evidence!
Edgeworth: Hah! That's.........oh, f*** me...

What I didn't like about AJ was how much Trucy takes charge; I mean, in 4-3, there's a witness testimony where Trucy says she already knows the contradiction, but she's not telling. This...kind of ruined the whole feeling of being the one who solves the mystery, and was one of the factors of turning Apollo into a second-rate attorney.

Also, maybe it's just that Trucy has had only one game. But not a lot has happened to make her thoroughly INVOLVED.
Spoiler: PW and JFA
In 1-2, Maya's sister and basically only relative in the world dies. In 1-4, she strives to help out, and, in the end, she's the one who braves von Karma's taser instead of just giving up the evidence. In 2-4, I sort of felt of it like the old "princess captured" story until Phoenix found Maya's letter; "You'd better give that guy a guilty sentence!" She's giving her life for justice with a smile on her face. Now THAT is devotion. And you can tell it takes her a lot of effort; she's involved with the cases on every level.

I sort of felt that Trucy's emotional range didn't move too much, even when she is "left alone" in the same way that Maya was (4th case flashback). She never really got beyond a person that follows Apollo around to find clues. And even then, her responses sort of try to dominate attention from you. I sort of felt like that ending (with the spoiler sprite) was their attempt at saying "O LOOK SHE HAS EMOTIONS TOO11"

I can see it's just me though. Hopefully Trucy's character will become more likable to me next time.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

I like Trucy and find her adorable, like most here.

However she's not awesome enough for me to prefer her over Maya yet.

Maybe if she's a little different in the next couple games, but here's the thing.

Maybe my real bag is with Apollo, I dunno, but it seemed like everyone else in the game had to molly coddle him into answers, unlike the first games, I never had the feeling of "OMG THIS IS HOPELESS...Wait...WAIT! I'VE GOT IT!" like I did in the first three games, because Trucy or Klavier were always answering things for me.

One of the things I liked about the first games was that you COULD get stuck, and that usually, Phoenix (You) Had to put things together yourself before you could move on. Most the Time in AJ, Trucy put it together for you.

I liked Maya on a whole, maybe I just like girls that are still playful when they are 19, but she had a lot of charisma. I think she's got more depth to her character, as mentioned by others before, we get to see her grow and react differently emotionally to things. Also, I feel like she is more mature than she let's on, she just prefers not to act stone cold serious all the time.

Trucy had Mr. Hat, which is irrelevant, if we're going to make it a tag team, then we can say that Maya had Mia, and Mia was a hell of a lot more useful than Mr. Hat.

Trucy was always cute and adorable and we rarely see her bummed out, this is alright, but I admire her spirit, but I prefer folks who emote a little more. Besides that, a lot of her cuteness comes from "Aww, look at the lil' Magician girl!" ; Whereas Maya on the other hand, had robes, not super exciting, but she still managed to seem cute because of her persona.

Besides that, Nick and Maya had the possible Romantic tension thing (In some of our minds anyway) Apollo and Trucy will never have that (For damn good reason) and I'm a hopeless romantic.

Slight of hand might be more realistic than Spirit channeling, but if I could pick one to talent to have, Spirit channeling would be IT.

Also, Maya works at Nick's office, so she's not jobless, it's not really proven that she lives off the family money (That I recall anyway) and while she can be a mooch off Nick, I think that's just kinda a running joke on the poor guy.

Opinion given. Vote, Maya.
Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.

Eh, Trucy, though honestly, I'm not smitten with either of them.

I mean, Maya was definitely more helpful, IMO, but I found her a bit annoying throughout the series. Then again, Trucy hasn't been in three games of her own yet :/

More accurately, I'm in favor of Mr. Hat, but that's totally beside the point 8D

"It would be better if you were gone."

[switch]

I'd have to say Trucy. I'm sorry, but Maya always got on my nerves.

I can't help it. Trucy has a top hat, and I've always loved top hats. (And Mr. Hat is AWESOME!)

Now I'm thinking about what would happen if Maya was Apollo's assistant. :ema-shock: They'd never figure out anything! (I'm not saying that they're idiots or anything, but... I'll shut up now.)

machinimator

Zeon Twilight wrote:
Besides that, Nick and Maya had the possible Romantic tension thing (In some of our minds anyway) Apollo and Trucy will never have that (For damn good reason) and I'm a hopeless romantic.

:udgy: Oh, I can tell from your avatar what your take on this is...

Heh, I can remember this same scenario in Star Wars. They had this whole Luke/Leia love novel out in stores, until The Empire Strikes Back (and Leia is revealed as his sister), and they had to pull all the copies. But regardless, people will continue to dream...
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

>__<

It's definitely Maya for me. You see, Trucy's nice, and I'd have to admit she definitely has more brains than Maya. But I really find Maya's character very lovable. She's so freakin funny! and crazy! Plus I'm a big fan of Phoenix x Maya. I'd like to have both but I think I prefer the magatama compared to magic panties XD
異議あり!Phoenix - Maya <3

Ace Attorney

I like Trucy better. I think she is cute, and much better than Maya. Maya is annoying, and I hated that most of the cases revolved around her or the Kurain Channeling Technique.

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

Katana wrote:
Zeon Twilight wrote:

:udgy: Oh, I can tell from your avatar what your take on this is...

Heh, I can remember this same scenario in Star Wars. They had this whole Luke/Leia love novel out in stores, until The Empire Strikes Back (and Leia is revealed as his sister), and they had to pull all the copies. But regardless, people will continue to dream...

What can I say, I think Pearl will make it happen at Gunpoint if Necessary.

Ahhh ha...I remember that, what a hot mess that would have been eh?
Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.
Page 2 of 4 [ 143 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)