Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Young Versions of AA Characters and some OCsTopic%20Title

Hey,
These are some of the sprite edits I've done. They're my first ones, so they're a little pathetic, but I thought I'd share them anyways. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Spoiler: New Updates! In court animations!

AA Characters:
Young Grossberg
I actually like this one, though I meant to change his spectacles, since it's unlikely he'd have had the same ones for 35 years.

Court Sheet

Young Gant

Currently, I don't really like the color of his overcoat, but I'm not sure what color to change it to. I tried gray and didn't like that either. Maybe black?

Von Karma

OCs:

My problem with her is that her hair is supposed to be bleached, but here it just looks blonde. Also, she looks nothing like she's meant to but I basically just gave up on that :P

Incomplete sprite sheet of Nejira in the courtroom. This was once Mia. Now, it is not. She only has 2 poses, but they're passable for now. This looks much more like her than the one above. It's pretty clear that it's a work in progress, but like everything else I've posted, it's good enough for now.

Essie (defense attorney):

Lulu:
(more accurate Lulu. I couldn't help myself. XD)
This still needs editing, but if I put it here, maybe I'll leave it alone for a while instead of nitpicking. In case you're interested in what sprites she's made of, her hair is Regina+Ini Miney+Lamiroir's colors (I'm going to redo it darker and with the curls starting lower); eyes are Iris's modified (I need to make them smaller); nose is Elise Deauxnim (I think it's ok, but it'll depend on how she looks after I change the eyes); head is Alita Tiala; lips are Mia; neck is Oldbag; body is Franziska. I drew the lace.

Because I'm too lazy to look it up, how do you do the transparency effect (make the white background not show up)?

I'd love feedback. :redd:

Last edited by Lynx on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Re: Young Versions of AA Characters and some OCsTopic%20Title

Love, learn, live.

Looks good! I'm not too good at spriting myself.

Yo Dawg!

I think theyre pretty good

Do you think you could make a young Manfred von Karma sprite sheet? Im making a game which takes place somewhat in the past, so I figure a young von karma would be better. If you cant, thats okay.

Neon Lemmy Koopa wrote:
I think theyre pretty good

Do you think you could make a young Manfred von Karma sprite sheet? Im making a game which takes place somewhat in the past, so I figure a young von karma would be better. If you cant, thats okay.

Well, my game stars VK, so yeah, that's in the works. I have no clue what I want him to wear, though, so I'm kind of stuck. I figure he might not be quite as wacked out yet, but still have a lot of 17th/18th century influences in his fashion. I'm hoping to get a good fusion of 1650 and 1975, but we'll see. Other than that, I'm not really sure...
You have any preferences for what color he's wearing? I've got him with black hair.

Yo Dawg!

I would figure something like young edgeworths outfit colored blue or something.

...Hopefully someday... xD

Hmm...Grosberg has lost at least a ton!!!
Gant is ape!! XD
ImageImageImageImage

Okay, some updates!

First, Grossberg in court:

I need to fix his left arm, it looks too straight, but otherwise I think it's ok.

And the Grossjection!

I tried messing around with Young Edgeworth and Von Karma to get something decent, and I'm not really sure what to think of what I came up with. I changed his hair color, but it looks better in the original. Maybe he should wear a lighter color?

"final" VK

before the hair color change

before the clothing color change

I'm seriously at a loss about what to do with him. :yuusaku: I'm also kind of a freakish perfectionist (wonder why I identify with the character?!?) and probably won't ever be happy with anything :grey: I might try to tuck his cravat into his vest, too. I think that'd be kind of a cool look. But it does sound like PWLib is coming out soon, and if that happens, I'll probably just take the easy way out and focus on programming instead of getting the cravat juuuuust right. XD

I also think I'm going to try re-doing Gant to wear lime green, just to see what I think.

Again, suggestions please!

Where's Pikachu? ...I mean Wally!

Hi i read this post the other day and saw you were asking about young Von karma, i had a go at making a sprite, it's kinda crap but i though i'd show you it just in case it's any use, but really don't feel like you have to use it if you don't like it.

I kinda figured he would have blue hair like franziska has so i made his hair blue, edited his coat abit making it purple as young edgeworth has a pinker coat so i thought he might have a purple coat instead of blue...I actually think your sprites alot better but i thought i'd show you mine anyway

Here he is...

I don't tink he looks THAT young here anyway lol he just has less wrinkles

:phoenix:
Please click my signiture to read Mia Fey - The Story
A second chance - Gumshoe centric oneshot
Finding Mr.Wright - Phoenix/Maya
. x

Missile123 wrote:
Hi i read this post the other day and saw you were asking about young Von karma, i had a go at making a sprite, it's kinda crap but i though i'd show you it just in case it's any use, but really don't feel like you have to use it if you don't like it.

I kinda figured he would have blue hair like franziska has so i made his hair blue, edited his coat abit making it purple as young edgeworth has a pinker coat so i thought he might have a purple coat instead of blue...I actually think your sprites alot better but i thought i'd show you mine anyway

Here he is...

I don't tink he looks THAT young here anyway lol he just has less wrinkles

:phoenix:

I actually did a similar edit where I just got rid of the wrinkles and thought he still looked old too. In my new edit, he actually has Edgeworth's chin and mouth, and I think it helps a lot. I like the purple, too.

The shading's a bit fail, and I did a different pose than you, but you can see what I mean he still looks bloody OLD. Like not 65, but 40-some. Clothes are still what he originally wore, though I got rid of the old man collar because I figured that wasn't helping. His hair does look better than in my other edits, though.

Thanks for your sprite! :will:

Yo Dawg!

so I gave it a shot.
I used a tool called usenti to recolor the edgeworth clothes, the skin, and the hair. then I used MS Paint to modify the face, using edgeworths mouth and nose, and got rid of the wrinkles.
Im decent at spriting, if I do say so myself

Yo Dawg!

I like this one best
you think you can make a sheet out of it? with talking animations and all

Last edited by Neon Lemmy Koopa on Sun May 04, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'kay, I made some incomplete sprite sheets. If anyone could animate the poses for me, I'd really appreciate it! (or alternatively, tell me how to go about doing it) :will:

First is an OC (Esmerelda aka "Essie"); I only have 1 pose for her. She's a heavily modded Franziska.

And a sheet with the two Grossbergs I've made so far.

I'd love feedback, especially on Essie. She's the first OC that I spent any time at all on (the first one was just, like "oh, Will's hair + Oldbag + ...random mod = random mod").

Yo Dawg!

shes hot

I like the new ones!! ^_^
ImageImageImageImage

Great job so far!
I love all the young Karma ones. :3
And the young Grossberg ones are really good!

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the support :keiko:

I added a complete (for now) Courtberg sheet to the first post. I'm done with him for now, I think. I'd love suggestions, though, 'cause I think he could use some improvement but I just can't figure out where. The mustache twitch on the 2nd line especially bugs me. I still don't know how to animate them, either. :sadshoe:

And an update on the state of the Karma:

In case it's not obvious, I clearly have no idea what I'm doing with him any more. As far as I'm concerned, he can just stay old. 's what he gets for being so difficult. :chinami:
I'm more interested in making sprites for the characters that haven't got anything even close to their appearance yet. Originally, Grossberg was represented by flippedEdgeworth :payne:

Edit: Sudden inspiration. I'm keeping the orange, but maybe not the Edgeworth coat. And I'm adding gray/black epaulettes. I'm gonna have to do them from scratch, but hopefully it'll come out okay. I might end of ditching the tassels and just giving him shoulder pads. We'll see.
This is why I wish I were good at hand-drawn art...so I could work this out beforehand.

Yo Dawg!

I think you should make a sheet out of this. or at least use the head.

Added an incomplete sheet of an OC. Would love any feedback.

Lemmy, I can get that to you in sheet form within a week probably. My own VK is still a long time in the making, because I have no clue what he's wearing yet, but I can at least make a talking version of that pose.

Yo Dawg!

ok. Cool sprites, btw

Lemmy, your sprite sheet:

I didn't check for consistency in animation, so I dunno how that'll work out. Apparently, I also modded his chin, which makes the talking animations a little more difficult. We'll see, I guess. :eh?:

(I know this is stretching out the screen, but w/e. My computer doesn't render sprites that are under spoiler tags :P)

Yo Dawg!

cool! thanks alot. Im gonna see if I can do the other animations in this style

GLOMP!

In love with young Manfred & Marvin!!

:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

Thanks, Ryu! :gant:

I added a new character at the bottom of the already existing pile. I think she's my best yet, although I am super picky and will keep messing with her until I'm happy. :yuusaku: Her talking is a bit wack, though. It's ok, she only makes a cameo in case 1 of my game.
I'm too lazy to make the defendant for that one, he just gets to be Ron. :P I need to work on making a decent Gant...and a decent Von Karma...:S

The new one is pretty good ^_^
ImageImageImageImage

You're welcome, Lynx!
I love your ideas so keep the ideas & this thread up!
:butzthumbs:
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

I'm very impressed, Lynx! These are fairly neatly done and definitely have a unique style about them. You're doing a great job so far. ^_^ If I had to pick one thing to fix at random, I'd say it's the pointy edges of Nejira's shoulders which could do to be rounded out.

Keep it up, and I'll keep checking back.

Thanks, everyone!

Ami, I really appreciate the advice, especially from such a talented spriter! :edgy: Are you talking about the 1st Neji sprite or the 2nd set? If it's the 1st, I definitely agree. I think I'm just going to re-do that one. Her face is good, but I think I'll just use the hair from the 2nd one, and yes the body needs 100% overhaul. That was Oldbag, and then I tried to turn it into a suit with inadequate results.
The reason her shoulders are so pointy is because I was going for the "shoulder pads" effect, but she just looks kind of like a wrestler in a janitor's suit. :X
I think I'll re-do her with Lisa Basil's suit. Maybe it'll look a little better....

I like to talk too much. me-> :oldbag:

Finally made a Karma that I might be ok with. Of course, I ended up not liking anything that I did freedraw, but whatever. I'm concerned that he looks a little too toned down for being Von Karma, though. :udgy: I figured he'd be a little less wacked when he was younger, but I dunno if I normalized him too much.

I was originally going for a "pirate captain" look (kind of like Young Edgeworth had :edgy:) but I ended up not liking the high collar and didn't want to re-use Pirate Edgeworth's lapels. Anyways, I got this. I really appreciate any feedback, esp. cause he's the most important character in my game! Thanks in advance, everyone!

machinimator

Lynx wrote:
I was originally going for a "pirate captain" look (kind of like Young Edgeworth had :edgy:)

Yarrr, that thar defendant be a salty murderer. Captain! Git this seadog to the brig! At sundown, he walk the plank........of JUSTICE!
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Katana wrote:
Lynx wrote:
I was originally going for a "pirate captain" look (kind of like Young Edgeworth had :edgy:)

Yarrr, that thar defendant be a salty murderer. Captain! Git this seadog to the brig! At sundown, he walk the plank........of JUSTICE!

oh god. now I HAVE to write a pirate witness. XD
"Yarr, I did see thar defendant swing his briny sword an' send the victim ta Davy Jones' Locker!"
Judge: Aha! And after he was in the locker, then what happened? And who is this Mr. Jones, anyhow?!
defense: Your honor...it's a euphemism for death.

Oh hey, I object.

Sorry, it doesn't look too good, and uhh, looks like the first frame haves some sort of really strange rape device that makes it a bit cutoff on the chest area. You should get that fixed.

Zero Ziat wrote:
Sorry, it doesn't look too good, and uhh, looks like the first frame haves some sort of really strange rape device that makes it a bit cutoff on the chest area. You should get that fixed.

Awesome! Thanks so much, Zero! You're right, it looks like I tried to mess with his shoulders and only got around to changing the first frame. I'll look into that and re-upload :yuusaku:

Edit: Grossberg is fixed, no more raep effect as far as I can tell! :D Clearly I need to try animating these more, because I'm sure people's mouths fly all over the place or w/e. I'm bad at consistency. (It's why I gave up being a comic/manga artist :keiko: )

Oh hey, I object.

Yay, I fixed its!

I'll continue making them!
Moustache nibble:

Sweat:

Wow! The 'stache twitch came out way better than I expected! I was really :eh?: about that one. I didn't think it'd work at all.
*applauds*
Zero is AWESOME! :D :D

Oh hey, I object.

Thanks, man, I'mma finish the angry one and the 'Grossjection'.

Well, I'm leaving 'til 17 since I'm going camping. See ya!

Seeya =)
Oh, and fix the neck... XD
No don't....it's OK
ImageImageImageImage

I just got back from boating myself, and I'll fix FailNeck sometime soon. His mustache is weird in a lot of talking pics as well, meh. Clearly I should pick up GIMP and mess with it.

Zero, I owe you one! :will:

This time I'll be bulletproof.

Try a lightblue uniform for Gant, I did that too on a try for a younger Ganteeyy
I'm not using CR anymore.

Oh hey, I object.

Lynx wrote:
I just got back from boating myself, and I'll fix FailNeck sometime soon. His mustache is weird in a lot of talking pics as well, meh. Clearly I should pick up GIMP and mess with it.

Zero, I owe you one! :will:

No prob, man, I just can't wait for the game so I'm just trying to help out a bit on how'd it look! :damon:

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Yes, I need everything perfect for when I beta-test. :karma:
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Page 1 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites