Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 25 of 26[ 1024 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Re: Pretty Super Magical Girl Makoto And Friends!Topic%20Title

Putting the M in Cobalt

That IS a good point...I've been thinking about it, myself. While it would be pretty cool having Meekins trying to keep up with planes and whatnot, I'm not sure if that's overpowering him. I'm also not certain if I should start using bullets and the speed of sound for examples--I suppose I just keep thinking of that encounter with Jake. However, I think he should certainly go at least over 200 km/h(roughly 124 mph), but I suppose that's because I'm using cars as examples...
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
I made my avatar and sig.
You should totes visit my cosplay thread :Db
Tyrell Badd Facts!

Layton v. GS and GS5 fever!

I am back!

It's time to join some Pchats and draw some pictures!
ImageJoin the Project!
Engaged to R. Bond, Daughter to Donald Serrot and Sklarvv, and sister of Clarounette, GavinnerRock, and PhoenixFire in the CR Family Tree RP

e × e = e²

Can you bring us a big bag of popcorn?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Not humble, goddamnit.

Question, by the way.

Anyone have any objections to Maggey getting hitched to Commissioner Gumshoe? Or at least being involved with him to some degree?

Just making sure. I know shipping is sometimes a touchy issue, though we always seem to have some level of consensus on our crackships.

Personally, I think Gumshoe/Maggey's one of the cutest ships in the series. Just in case the fact that I brought this up didn't make it clear enough where I stand.

EDIT:

Also, I wonder if the Blue Badger shouldn't go further down the Secret Agent/Batman path and get access to special technology and tools that regular police might not have the clearance for.

After all, Gumshoe and Ema are both Badgers, and both seemed to love their investigative toys. Gumshoe had his electronics (The whole stuff with antennae and transmitters in 2-4 as a significant example) and Ema couldn't get enough of using science to solve cases...

*throws popcorn* It's kind of stale though......

;) I don't mind, Pie. Both seem like good ideas. Would the marrage be from the beginning or happen somwhere during the storyline?
ImageJoin the Project!
Engaged to R. Bond, Daughter to Donald Serrot and Sklarvv, and sister of Clarounette, GavinnerRock, and PhoenixFire in the CR Family Tree RP

Putting the M in Cobalt

Probably before SM 0, because of the age...People in PW seem to get married fairly young, using Ron and Desiree for an example.
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
Tyrell Badd Facts!

Okay. Sounds good.

By the way, any suggestions on what to draw? I'm kind of brain dead here...
ImageJoin the Project!

e × e = e²

Hmm, let me think of a character that hasn't seen much art...

Lana, aka Icecap?

Cool. Any sample art or should I start from scratch?
ImageJoin the Project!

e × e = e²

I would suggest using the later, simpler design made by Kiero. Remember to make the red scarf prominent.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: Kiero
Spoiler:

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

lol Bee beat me to it XD~
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D

e × e = e²

I have no objections to Maggey Gumshoe. I don't think it necessarily matters when, exactly, they get hitched, so long as it's between Dustin's death and Current Arc.

No objections to Gumshoe/Maggey either C:~ Also heres another idea, this time revolving more around the star of the show herself.

Okay so I was musing a little today and I wondered: Makoto has so many evil enemies but what about civilian enemies that she morally can't hurt.

Enter Spark Brushel and Lotta Hart.

The two are reporters working for separate newspapers (or in Lotta's case- tabloids) but one day they both discover Super Makoto as she fights in the streets of L.A to prevent evil. The two meet up there and decide to combine forces to expose the heroine to the public and become rich and famous for it. Spark Brushel, the reporter who always gets his scoop (end quote), and Lotta Hart, expert camera girl who can get into hard to reach places to get her shot. Although they believe that no one has any idea about their efforts to find out the secret identity behind Super Makoto the reality is that the super heroine eventually finds out about them and is forced to be extra careful because of it.

Perhaps love blooms too, hmm?

Okay! Thanks for the samples. I'll start working on that.

Brushel x Lotta? It sounds....so perfect. XD
ImageJoin the Project!

Putting the M in Cobalt

Seconded. As for LottaxBrushel...I think that's pretty interesting. XD

I really like this idea in general. It gives more importance to normal civilians; something we were missing, I think.
ImageImage
Tyrell Badd Facts!

Not humble, goddamnit.

Spark x Lotta = the most perfect crackship in the history of the fandom, SPARTA.

I also love the fact that they are civilians who are not on the side of justice for a change! I like this idea.

They are somewhat on the side of justice.

If Justice is being famous and incredibly wealthy.

A fad in a castle

I haven't been here since forever. :P I like the idea of Spark... and Lotta being in this, possibly.

Oh and SparkxLotta. Do want.
ImageImageImage

e × e = e²

I'd like to bring everyone's attention to two things:
These are "special pages" in the wiki that automatically list articles. These lists show the articles that are most in need of work: Wanted Pages have been linked from other articles but haven't been created yet! Short Pages have been created but are lacking material. I want everyone to keep an eye on these pages for possible contributions they can make to fill in the gaps here and there.

Right now, a feasible goal is to have a profile page for every character, with some information on their personality, relationships, and powers.

If you come up with new ideas for anything, remember to run it by the rest of the group here in the thread or in PChat, before you consider adding it to the wiki.

I was talking over with Bee about Franziska and her rebellion against Manfred and I don't think we have a solid reasoning for it yet. The idea is Franziska goes against him because she doesn't like what her father is doing but what brings her to that breaking point? Why does she all the sudden go out and start a rebellion. Well I have a theory that has been buzzing around in my head.

Years ago when Celeste Inpax was still alive she found out about the tyranny that Manfred has secretly caused hidden away from the people of his 'perfect society'. She now realizes that he is not the trustworthy, kind and perfect emperor that he has led everyone to believe.

Somehow Manfred finds out that Celeste sneaked into his private records and so he decides to give her a warning not to mess around with him by using his ties to indirectly threaten Celeste and Juan that their adopted daughter Adrian will be seized by the government.

Celeste, knowing about Manfred's cruelty and the fact that he wants to take away her daughter, decides to secretly plan an insurrection. With underground helpers she is able to spread word about what Manfred has done behind the public eye (maybe he caused a genocide, or something) and soon enough she gets half of the whole military force to assist her.

On the evening of the insurrection taking place Celeste has a confrontation with her husband Juan, who has decided to continue his support and loyalty to Manfred, and the two fight. Celeste is shot by Juan and Juan is shot in the eye. Celeste ends up dying from blood loss on top of a building somewhere. Her final wish is that Juan would look over Adrian's well-being, even though she knows that Adrian will be taken into someone else's care.

With their leader dead the insurrection fails. Most of the rebels retrieve into the underground or into reclusive hiding and others are executed for treason. Adrian is taken into Manfred's care (to adopt child or keep an adopted child there must be a married couple taking care of them) and Juan continues his loyalty while making sure that Adrian is taken care of, even if she can't remember him.

Some years later (before or after Makoto is born) Franziska discovers Celeste's hidden notes on the insurrection and her reason for it (i.e: Manfred hidden tyranny) and decides to lead one of her own. She doesn't learn until later about Adrian's mother and father however (same goes for Adrian herself)

:D Hit away~

e × e = e²

Hidden tyranny is kinda vague, too, no? :\

I suppose it might be linked to how he uses Venom to brainwash large swaths of the public, and also invading outside countries. I suppose Manfred keeps his empire well-insulated from the outside world.

Well I suppose we can give it some kind of definition. Maybe he caused some kind of genocide or tortured people with Power Perfect.

Not humble, goddamnit.

So... we have a few big bads now. And the more I think about it, we have as much reason for Von Karma to be the first one Makoto faces as we have for Gant to be the first.

What do you guys think? I still think we should mostly separate their plots. But which should come first?

[/thinlyveiledbump]

Putting the M in Cobalt

I feel like von Karma should indeed come first, but with Gant strongly tied in somehow...or perhaps one of his "generals"/double-agents?
ImageImage
Tyrell Badd Facts!

e × e = e²

Well, if Morgan gets to be co-opted by Manfred's plots, I suppose it would only make sense to have Manfred subjugating other major villains. But then we'd have to definitely save him for last, you know?

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
Well, if Morgan gets to be co-opted by Manfred's plots, I suppose it would only make sense to have Manfred subjugating other major villains. But then we'd have to definitely save him for last, you know?

Yea but the problem is why would she join him? Morgan's personality is one that likes to be the leader not the follower.

e × e = e²

When originally coming up with the plot for Morgan to be in cahoots with Manfred, I was under the impression that Morgan simply wanted more power and authority, even if it meant sacrificing her daughters, or allying with a greater power.

Besides, Morgan/Manfred was the original villain pairing. :keiko:

e × e = e²

It is with a tip of the hat that I bid farewell to another Original Character: Moonlight Angel.

A majority of project members have agreed that, at best, the characterization opportunities afforded by Moonlight Angel's relationship with the Eccentrist may best be replicated by a minor canon character. There is still plenty of deliberation to be had about this particular replacement, and it may well result in returning MA to the fold if their place can be justified in the end. For now, however, they shall have a place reserved in the pantheon of retired concepts.

I implore everyone to please consider this matter carefully and thoroughly. This is not last year, and we cannot rush forward with new ideas as quickly as we could when we began.

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
When originally coming up with the plot for Morgan to be in cahoots with Manfred, I was under the impression that Morgan simply wanted more power and authority, even if it meant sacrificing her daughters, or allying with a greater power.

Besides, Morgan/Manfred was the original villain pairing. :keiko:

I THOUGHT MANFRED/GANT WAS THE ORIGINAL VILLAIN PAIRING

:D -brick'd-

Hmm, maybe. Perhaps after Karma gets obliterated Morgan takes over perhaps? What about the Magatamas- will she get them or not?

I can't say much on MA, seeing as I never really heard any kind of information on her or the relationship with the Eccentrist.

Not humble, goddamnit.

WE - Well, perhaps we should recap, then. Moonlight Angel was... um... hmm, come to think of it, I don't know the specifics very well. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this.

Basically, she's an angel... magical girl... pretty thing from the moon. And she powers up with moon rocks. And she loves The Eccentrist. Even though she naturally tends towards Good, and he naturally tends towards Evil, and whether he loves her or he loves the attention and assistance she gives him really depends on who you're asking.

I'm heavily a supporter of OCs, to the point that I would love to see more development and incorporation of our existing OCs and the consideration of others in the future. The trick is, though, working them in.

Because people complain if attention is taken away from the canon characters, but really, for an original character to become a full, working part of SMako canon, I think they have to be truly integrated. Both in terms of role and in terms of character interaction.

Which... well, can be done, but it takes different things. The OC's creator needs to agree to let other people take the character out of their hands, take a few creative liberties, develop them in ways better for the story rather than the creator's ideal vision for them... basically, only objecting if people are grossly misinterpreting the character, and otherwise allowing other people on the project to play and explore with the new character much like they would any canon character. Everyone needs to consider how the character would interact with other characters beyond the OC Creator's Favorite Character. And even beyond that, the dynamics of such a relationship should be fully considered... moments of tension and bittersweetness can make many romantic pairings much more interesting than typical Mary Sue's Perfect Love Story.

I think the question we should be asking isn't just, "Could a canon character fit better here?", but also, "If we were working with a canon character, what things would we be doing to integrate them into the story, and how would that work for this original character?" That's where we can sort the Sues from the good OCs - in the end, OC quality can rely on how well they work with their environment, rather than requiring the environment to develop in certain ways specifically to accommodate them.

e × e = e²

Although this is probably an issue that ought to wait until the Eccentrist becomes a major character, I should share my thoughts on this while still fresh.

Yes, a large part of MA's existence was as a romantic interest to the Eccentrist. Specifically, she is an otherwise ordinary innocent who is gravely injured, and the Eccentrist sees this as an opportunity to revive her using an experimental process involving Green Rocks. Thus, she is eternally grateful to him and serves as his admirer, supporter, assistant, and henchman. Who loves who, and to what degree, is up to interpretation and depends on whom you ask.

Personally I see this as rich soil for a "Harley Quinn -> Joker" dynamic, with the egomaniacal villain and his misguided perennial paramour. Atmey has something of an ambiguous persona, as he was one of few in-game criminals that was forced into dire straits by another villainous character. He seems to place more importance on fame than fortune, and always conducts himself in an articulate and intelligent manner. This is not our run-of-the-mill cold-blooded villain, so it is entirely likely that he may in fact be able to reciprocate affections directed toward him; on the same token, he may only bask in such things.

Originally, the Eccentrist was classed as a mercenary, a part-time villain that worked for the highest bidder and for the glory of a challenge to his intellect. Instead of taking over the world, he would be accessory to other character's plots, perhaps even participating in heroic efforts. Such a rogue mentality would certainly throw doubt on any sort of relationship with anyone who had predilections towards either end of the spectrum, whether good or evil.

I think whatever character comes in to replace Moonlight Angel, or Moonlight Angel herself were she to be returned, ought to ultimately follow this philosophy of rogue neutrality, regardless of whether they threaten to throw it off-balance in either direction. It's my personal conviction that this particular aspect of the Eccentrist's character is essential for them, and would have to extend to his associates lest we be faced with a scenario where he can be consistently thwarted or overthrown by his own cohorts.

TLDR: Eccentrist is a Neutral Villain, and if he has any associates, they can neither be "heroic" like MA was, or "villainous" in any capacity.

I've tried talking to Yuu-chan about MA's situation, but she has remained somewhat ambivalent about the issue. As it stands, without her creator's say-so, I don't think we can do anything with MA herself.

e × e = e²

I will be without my laptop next week and may not have access to certain important functions and documents. I will have my computer back Wednesday or Friday.

E3 time is go~

Last edited by MoronSonOfBoron on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e × e = e²

ITT, I can triple post because I am the fucking man

Ever wanted to catch up on all the artwork that's been created for this project? Missing out on old, broken links?
Say hello to the new Super Makoto Photobucket. It contains not just dated PChat entries, but also submitted artwork, Tegaki entries, and even sprite edits, all tagged so you can quickly browse for specific characters. (Much thanks to Kiero and WhiteElephant who helped in this process)

WANT THE GUEST PASSWORD? ASK A PROJECT MEMBER.

Along with the Super Makoto wiki, this is the sum of one year's worth of work and development. Simply put, I am proud of everything that has been contributed and the people who contributed them, and hope to see even more by this time next year.

On a side note, OCs without solid places in the project as of this writing have been omitted from the Photobucket, though I am considering making a new folder for "old" or "retired" concepts.

Last edited by MoronSonOfBoron on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not humble, goddamnit.

Not Really Important, But: Maybe Palindrome's name should be Palindrone? To make it, um, more of a pun, since she's, you know, a robot and stuff? :O

And, well, yes, I agree on pretty much everything said about Moonlight Angel. The problem, it seems to me, has always existed in the fact that both Yuu and others have conflicting viewpoints of how Moonlight Angel exists in this story, and rather than iron them out, people have just left it up in the air. I think if there were some concrete decisions about how it'd work, MA could easily be a good OC.

Not humble, goddamnit.

I'll double post all I want!

Because... because I had the worst idea.

Right, well, my own fic-in-progress deals some with certain things about France, such as the city of Lyons... which, among more relevant things to my own fic, is the location of Interpol headquarters. This is all I can offer as to how I came across this terrible idea.

So, y'know how we were talking about Interpol stuff lately? And how I figured if Romein died, there had to be some sort of repercussions towards Daryan, one way or another?

Well, if it was an actual new Interpol agent going after him, Interpol agents fresh off the press might be coming from France, right? And I can only think of one character who has a French accent...

:flowsers:

I'm sorry. I just had to share that mental image of secret agent Armstrong with you all. Why am I allowed to think anymore? I'm going back to recording a semi-abbreviated version of this whole thread in the wiki.

EDIT: A thought while I was editing the wiki...

How hard would it pull at heartstrings if Dick and Maggey have a son and, in honor of their fallen badger and friend, name him Dustin?

Thanks for the links guys. Now I can finally understand the storyline better and contribute more. I will also be drawing more character art.
ImageJoin the Project!

Not humble, goddamnit.

Righto. I've been trying to work out the details about Gant's villain unveiling, because I kinda wanna try drawing a comic of it as practice for other endeavors...

Rough outline of how I can see it breaking it down and tying in the Badgers. What do you guys think? Any suggested changes or tweakings or anything?

Spoiler: Cut for length.
Scene opens with Dick Gumshoe, still recovering from his injuries. Most are hidden by his clothes, but he's got bandages around his head, torso, and one leg, making him feel vaguely like a mummy. He's relying heavily on a cane at this point, and while he may not need it forever, it is all but confirmed that he'll be left with scars and a slight limp. Until then, he won't be able to do any work in the field, so he's trying to make up for it by putting a lot more work in behind the desk. For once, he's not doing too badly.

Meanwhile, Maggey Byrde has taken over as the Blue Badger... or, well, the Pink Badger, as everyone's been calling her. None of them have been very Blue for a while, actually. Dustin was more Yellow, and Dick was more Green. Anyway, Gumshoe is worried about her terribly. Why? Half because there's been a pattern of unfortunate accidents targeting the Badgers and her luck is bad enough as it is, half because he's crazy about her even though he's been too wary to ask her out after Dustin's death.

She's just set out on a mission to investigate a serial killer named Joe Darke. This makes Dick even more uneasy. When he was injured, he had barely managed to not only survive, but restrain the man who killed Dustin, some punk con artist gone nuts named Richard Wellington. As soon as he was out of the picture, Joe Darke entered it, and they just got a tip that the psychopath had been sighted in a warehouse down by the docks. Something stinks, and unfortunately, Dick has no idea what... except that nothing good ever happened in those old warehouses at this hour of night.

It's been a long shift, and he's supposed to be heading home now. Everyone's reassuring him Maggey will be fine on her own. He had, earlier in the day, contacted Lightning of the SL-6 to see if they couldn't keep an eye on her for this one, and received the message back that Lightning had other matters to take care of, and to call him if Maggey reported back any trouble.

And, despite that, he had tried to contact Lightning again five minutes ago just to make sure he wouldn't be able to check on Maggey, only to get no answer at all. Well, the man was busy, after all, but Dick wasn't exactly put at ease to know that he was missing this extra help to keep Maggey safe. He only has one other idea, and this one is against the rules. Hopefully if he was caught, Maggey would understand.

He goes into the restricted files, which he still knew how to access from when he was Blue Badger. There is information on all superheroes cooperating with the police, including the members of SL-6. His first instinct is to call Lighting – or, well, Damon Gant, as the files indicated his real name to be – but he realizes if Lightning wasn't responding to standard communication, he probably wasn't sitting around at home waiting for calls. Instead, he goes to the rising star of the team, Sunset, the young Neil Marshall, who with his shining blades was able to win the Hero of Heroes award shortly prior.

Neil is furious when he hears how Gumshoe is contacting him and why, but quickly realizes something is up. Lightning had not given the information about Maggey to the rest of the team. Any of the other five would have gladly gone to watch over her. He gives word to the other four members to meet him at the police station, so they can learn more about this. They meet up there and speak with Gumshoe, learning more about what Gant had never told them. Their meeting ends when Maggey screams and her communication signal suddenly goes dead. The five are gone in a hurry to find out what's happened.

Down at the warehouse, Maggey had been looking around and found signs that someone had been staying there, prompting her to follow the clues to find if anything important was left behind. However, that was cut short when tentacles launched forward from the darkness and wrapped around her, stinging painfully, and one breaking her communication earpiece.

After her signal dies, she kicks the one restraining her the most and breaks free. But her defenses are minimal against whatever squid-like tentacle beast is attacking her, and so she finds herself on the run. Miraculously, she trips when a tentacle goes over the head and breaks through the wall, apparently hitting a power line since she can see a jolt of electricity surge through it. Then she realizes that the tentacle is fine; apparently, it was the one with the electric charge, which was how it had broken her earpiece.

She is backed into a wall, thinking this might be the end... when something cuts into the tentacle in front of her, causing a man to scream in pain and the tentacle to recoil. Neil Marshall is standing in front of her with his Spirit Sword at "Excalibur" length (okay this might be the corniest idea out of all of this). He's figured out what's been going on, and the rest of his team who are flanking Maggey to protect her, soon learn the horrible truth as well when Jake fires a shot into the darkness and lights up the face of their leader, Damon Gant.

Words are exchanged about this betrayal. Neil is uncharacteristically quiet... because he is pissed. He charges forward to attack, starting the long battle against his own leader. It breaks out of the warehouse and through the city streets, making it a night to remember for many others besides the SL-6.

The battle ends at the courthouse, and Gant has the last laugh, throwing Neil into a statue of Lady Justice herself, in the center of a fountain. He is impaled on the statue's sword, and Gant says something symbolic about the end of the dream-like ideals of superhero justice. He retreats, and the pursuit against him fails. In the days to come, the living members of his former team will scatter.

As for Maggey, however, she returns to the Police Station, still quite roughed up and looking ashamed, as though the events of the night were her own fault. Dick pulls her aside to "talk to her", and the first thing he does is give her a big bear hug, glad to see she's relatively unharmed (unlike him, and he actually winces a little from lunging forward to hold her). He reassures her that she could not have done a better job, and then when she asks why SL-6 showed up, he confesses that he broke the rules to contact them. He tells her how he was worried for her safety, and how it may be best for her to resign as Pink Badger, at least until Damon Gant is found and brought to justice. Maggey isn't thrilled to hear about Dick breaking the rules or about the future of the BBC, but she knows it's all for the best now and agrees... so long as Dick buys her dinner tomorrow night.

Damon Gant had done well, nearly breaking the Blue Badger, but together they would find a way to fix it.

Alright so we have some new ideas on the chopping boards-

Franziska and Adrian: Double Lives
In order to keep tabs on Makoto and whats going around her Franziska and Adrian (WITHOUT Power Perfect) are disguising themselves as average citizens. Franziska, going under the alias of Cindy Stone (hey Cindy needs some role in this) and her husband Adrian Stone (since Adrian is a unisex name, as seen in JFA). They also have employed Doburoku to take care of their daughter and is considered to be their parental spy on Makoto. He is aware of her powers but pretends to be unaware for the sake of watching Makoto better and acting like the 'normal father figure'.

Jack Hammer: Gym Teacher

As we have Ivy High and a variety of students and teachers involved in it (Pearl, Trucy and Cody are students. Penny, Larry and Oldbag are staff members) we are to add another. Jack Hammer, once known as the villain the Evil Magistrate, has himself went into retirement soon after Will Powers did himself. Of course retirement is harder when you're retiring from evil. He is now the Gym Teacher of Ivy High and the head of the Martial Arts Club. As of now he is unaware of Pearl's identity as Pink Princess (only Penny is) but is aware of Will Powers being her parent. He does not do nefarious plotting against the city of LA anymore but rather does nefarious plots to torment his students. Of course Pearl Fey can overcome them and he is trying to thwart her. Hijinks ensue at Parent Teacher night naturally.

Lotta Harwt: New Do:
Recently Lotta Hart and Spark Brushel have joined the project as two reporters trying to reveal Super Makoto to the world in order to achieve rich and fame. But one day MSOB stumbled upon protoLotta (bottom right) and well this happened:

Spoiler: Lotta 'Hawt' got a new do

Lotta Hart, at age 31, decided an afro looked silly and has changed her hairstyle.

e × e = e²

Hmm, I don't know if Lotta's new hairdo should be a permanent thing or if it could be a plot point. She did say in the games that she wouldn't be recognizable without her 'fro, so she might use this as a way of disguising herself to infiltrate the heroes' lives. Of course, I'm all for her staying with the new hair.

Oh man, what if Larry meets Cindy Stone?
And Adrian Stone?
What if he's strangely attracted to the latter...?

Not humble, goddamnit.

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
permanent

Was that one included in all of Hairaiser's potential bad puns?
Page 25 of 26 [ 1024 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River