Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 8[ 290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright for the TI83/84Topic%20Title

Translator/Music Creator

Great ! I can't wait to see what it'll become !! Can you give us a screenshot of any other sprite ? Prosecutor ? Judge ? :godot:
.:: Roy Razor ::.
Never ask a question if you don't already know the answer... - Godot

Ace Animator

i havn't worked on those yet, i'm still needing to finish the OBJECTION! sprite before those...

i've been backed up with tons of homework, which i want to get done cause i got a doc's appointment on friday, ice skating at 7 on friday, and a friend's bday party most all day saturday. i won't have too much free time until... maybe... turkeyday week

Ace Animator

feel free to ask questions/post comments/give suggestions, i have way more opportunities to respond to stuff here then i have enough free time to actually work on the game...

PK Rockin'

This is awesome. I've never figured out how to download games onto my TI-83, but I'll have to if this works out! Best of luck!

You said that you were working on the talking sprites...can we see a preview of it? :3
(previously Timcampy-chan; I...I forgot my password...)

Ace Animator

my "closed mouth" kinda animation is a simple line across the face which doesn't looks perfect, but it looks alrite. if i could figure out like how to record the screen or something, then i might demonstrate the current tests.

That Guy

Heh, that would be awesome, undoubtedly. Keep up the good work!

Ace Animator

i think that i might be able to capture video since i might be able to capture the video in the program that shows the current image on the screen, and allows you to take pictures. now i just need a program to capture the stuff happening in a program window...

Hypercam studio or something like that.

Camstudio would work well, regardless of what system you have -- I don't know if it works for Macs though. ^_^;;

You're doing a great job so far, meeleemaster500! =D

Now I have something to look forward to when I own a Graphing Calculator -- Most likely, the TI83. =D
A vision without action is a dream.
An action without vision is a waste of time.

なるほどうドンペン:ド議あり!‮

Interesting idea... just make sure to keep the file size down, as the TI83 in particular has very little free memory.
Ace Attorney Radioplays: An archive
Ace Attorney Shirts: Cool GS/AA shirt designs

Ace Animator

the original release will be bare bones, and it will include the program, and separate pictures

Ace Animator

What do you want phoenix to say, in the quick "speaking" demo i'll post?

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

"Objection"
"I know you're lying!"
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

:objection:

"You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!!"
A vision without action is a dream.
An action without vision is a waste of time.

Ace Animator

..... i gotta finish the objection sprite.....

also, i've been really busy with school, especially trying to finish up an animation project for my animation class. it takes up all my times...

Ace Animator

:objection: I only have just a few more pixels before I upload that sprite...

Yo Dawg!

This looks like something worth keeping an eye on. I wish you luck, my friend!

Ace Animator

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen complications, the Phoenix Wright TI83/84 calculator game has been permanently canceled...

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!

yeah... just kidding about the canceled thing, I just finished the 1st attempt at the OBJECTION! sprite, and I uploaded a video of the first talk test program on youtube. that's the channel to watch for more phoenix wright calculator game videos, when they get uploaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1cAJQl ... annel_page

Very nice! When you said it was canceled I thought you might have bricked your calculator or something. I remember bricking my calculator once, that made me mad. I managed to save it though by taking out the internal battery, but I did lost all of my games I had made on there :(

Good to see it's not canceled, it looks great.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Ace Animator

I'd like to apologize about the video's quality, 321soft screen recorder has horrible quality when recording... in real life, the program has phoenix's animation look 100% smooth. i had to emulate the ti-83 to record the program, and it still played fine on that...

Great objection, Youtube alternates between working and not every time they update, though, and today is a "not". I'm sure it's great though.

Ace Animator

added a demo of the video on the first post. type in ANYTHING you want phoenix to say (as long as it is a single character or number at a time) and it automatically formats the text, and has him talk it, then it goes back to the place where you enter in another phrase for him to say.
Re: Phoenix Wright for the TI83/84 (1st demo available)Topic%20Title

Objection... Hold it!

Hey... Here's a present... and a sugestion:
So... How is it?
Also, can I make the backgrounds?
ImageImageImageImage

Ace Animator

1. that is a fantastic background, i'll see if i can use it, and of course, give proper credits

2. unfortunatly the problem with your plan is that, when layering phoenix on backgrounds, white pixels get filled in, not just out side of phoenix, but all over his character, putting a white outline could give more detail to his character, but i can't just post him over the background and expect it to just work. i'm also pretty sure that he doesn't need a background, because his standard outline should suffice.

3. was that made actually in ti-83/84 or in another program (like ms paint zoomed in)? cause if it was calculator, then all the easier if you'd allow me to have the file, if not, that's still fine, i'm pretty good at converting pics to pixels, especially if they are already in the perfect format

Objection... Hold it!

Just did the whole court house quickly:
They're alittle rushed, but I think they're ok... I guess/
ImageImageImageImage

Ace Animator

they look great... again i ask if you did this on the calculator or not.

also, after looking it over, they kinda look a bit different then the actual game backgrounds, if they could be done to much more precision, it would be appreciated.

also, should i move the background up 3 pixels to match the increased hight of phoenix (and edgeworth), or should I lower it, and they'd seem taller than normal, but you'd see the higher portion of the sprite?

(currently working on edgeworth and the court record)

Try both, see which looks better.

The defense/ends of the court are perfect, but like he said the rest is a little too different. Great job though.

Wow, this project is almost making me an optimist.

Ace Animator

steps on what i do for a sprite!

this is what the first step of a sprite looks like. thanks to a very inconvenient feature to ms paint, i can automatically lower the resolution of any picture to fit the screen size of the ti83 calculator. the right side is of course the original image, the left is the image scaled down to 96x64 pixels. I added those random black pixels as measurements for figuring the height and width of everything.

i then take this image, and during the lesser important parts of classes, i put in, pixel by pixel, this picture (to the best of my ability) i decide what will be black or white, and make it so.

i finally look at the right side of this picture above^ and i look at what i need to change to bring out the sprite's major details, to make it look realistic. you then get the final sprite, which i make a program so that they can talk with text.

after edgeworth is done, i'll make a program to have you choose between edgeworth or phoenix speaking. but first, edgeworth!.... and the court record....

Objection... Hold it!

I could only manage a close up of PW:
:phoenix: Image
It was nearly impossible........
Hah... Only two.... Pallete....

(I'll do edgy later.... :maya: )
ImageImageImageImage

I'd say

Why not answer the man's question already! rather then showcasing you sprites here as well.

Objection... Hold it!

Ceres wrote:
Why not answer the man's question already! rather then showcasing you sprites here as well.

Um... I dun have the calc program...
But if there is one, where can I get it?
then it would be faster.....
@ceres: thx for reminding. :karma:
ImageImageImageImage

Ace Animator

no, you seem to be printing them out faster than a calculator.... i can recreate pics on my calculator put on here, but if they were already made on a calculator, then it would have just saved some effort on my part.

if anyone else wants to submit designs for the sprites, you could do it in 96x64 pixel resolution in any program that allows you to, like ms paint really zoomed in. be sure that the 96 dimension is width, not height

Objection... Hold it!

Well, sorry for posting way- too much...
Thing 1:
Is there a Calc Simulation Program to test this game?
Thing 2:
Just made a logo.
Thing 3:
:redd:
ImageImageImageImage

Ace Animator

this will run the game http://education.ti.com/educationportal ... 83_84.html you need to load both the program and the picture to make it work

Hmm, I tried the demo. I think it is a bit slow at printing, needs to be sped up. There are some things that can be done. Removing the mouth talking is one thing (it doesn't look that great anyway), which helps a lot. One problem with the mouth is it goes open and closed for each letter. I think it would make more sense to go open or closed for each letter. The other issue is recalling the entire pic just to fill the mouth in is pretty slow. So I put pixelson to make the mouth fill in on one frame, and the pixelsoff to take away the mouth on the other frame.

Finally, you added some for loops which slow things down even more. Not sure, but the length of those could be adjusted.

Here is my version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fdac ... b9a8902bda

Oh yeah, I added AxesOff to the top to make the grid go away. Since this is going to be run from another program, AxesOff should probably go there instead of here.

Ace Animator

i thought that since pixel on "draws" the picture, it does it slower than recalling a stored picture in the memory... at least redrawning pictures using pixel on would take up a lot of time, and would take up alot of memory just for one picture

also, i've known about the speed of talking, the text would print faster the less he talks, but i just need to figure out the speed of which he'll talk, as in how many letters (in the actual game) does phoenix speak out for each time he opens and closes his mouth, my best bet is probably to see a clip from the game, find out how many times his mouth opens or closes, and divide up the text he spoke into those talking segments

When I run it on the debugger thing, there are flashing pixels at the top-right (the area you said can't be written to) and the text always ends with a ">". Are you aware of these?

meleemaster500 wrote:
i thought that since pixel on "draws" the picture, it does it slower than recalling a stored picture in the memory... at least redrawning pictures using pixel on would take up a lot of time, and would take up alot of memory just for one picture

Yes, drawing whole screen using pixelon is much slower than loading the pic, but I think for the amount of pixels we are talking about it's faster. I don't know though, I changed a lot of things at once so that might not be what did it. I was just thinking for drawing the mouth on and off, but if you want to keep it your way that's cool. It is a bit more work to have both ways of drawing the mouth (on and off). I was just seeing if it was possible to make it a little faster. I haven't done ti-basic programming for a while, hehe, it was fun to mess around with it again.

Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Just realised, those blinking pixels are loading or something.

Ace Animator

MrCheeze wrote:
When I run it on the debugger thing, there are flashing pixels at the top-right (the area you said can't be written to) and the text always ends with a ">". Are you aware of these?

i'm aware of both, those flashing pixels show that the calculator is loading/running something, this happens only when things run automatically, as in it isn't paused or on one single screen. this is most noticeable during things like garbage collect.

and i end each page of text, and the end of the whole text string with a > because that is the closest character to the phoenix wright arrow that's at the end of each screen of text in the actual game when you need to continue for them to keep talking:

also the program can fit one more character on the top row of text, and since i built in the > arrow to the end of the text, if it is the right length, it will have a screen of him with the only text being > so i'll fix that small non harmful glitch
Page 2 of 8 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games