Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 3 of 6[ 227 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: First thought on hobo Phoenix?Topic%20Title

earthlings on fire

Basically, it was something along the lines of: "NOOO!! WHAT HAPPENED?!"
Then, when I found out, I really didn't want to play AJ anymore. I really didn't. The only thing keeping me going was quite ironic: Kristoph. Strange how the reason I was playing was the cause of the reason I didn't want to play.
I cried probably more than I should for a video game. :payne:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

∑ή¡gΜåг wrote:
:hobohodo: Thought he looked kinda hot,

but that didn't overweigh the fact that he was layed off from being a lawyer... That hurt so bad D:. He's lost his personality and basically just died as the Nick that we use to know. Now he's sarcastic and vague which he was the exact opposite for the first 3 games.

What?
He was always sarcastic and vague. Where the hell have you been in the PW trilogy?

As for me, I found out Phoenix got disbarred before I even started the games. Still, playing through the flashback case was a bit tough. I love many of hobohoudo's sprites. Especially his laughing one which makes him look so serene, calm, and friendly. I think his personality, after getting disbarred is suitable. It's not too out there, at the very least.

Also, he's freaking hot. I'm not even kidding.

Plus, I want to cosplay as him. <3
I just need the hat...

At first, when my friend told me that PW became a hobo, i didn't believe her but i panicked a little. When i got the game and saw the hobo, i was like WHAT!!! Th- that's Phoenix!!!??? :beef: lol for some reason i just freaked out but i calmed down then just played. LOL :gant:
Made by me :D

''Ob la Di Ob La Da''

Well when I first saw some pics of 'hobhodo' I though, what? Phoenix will never become a hobo! But when I saw him in the game it better for me. He's actually kinda hot :will:

Just some person

I didn't know about him being a hobo, so when I first played the game I was really surprised. As in REALLY surprised.

After getting to know the new him, I really liked him. Especially the way he brushes off all invonveniences, which you can't really do when you're a lawyer.

Till the landslide brought me down...

I was REALLY surprised :ema-shock: . Then I blamed Apollo Justice for making him a bum in his first game.
But now I think he's better in Apollo's game.
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

Waiting on Godot...

I was more cheesed off that he kept ignoring Apollo cause I wanted to keep talking to him. Sexy ignorant bastard T.T I actually like him better as a hobo. He was always living as one. I love his tragic fall to the gutter, yet his determination to climb to the to again :D

I SPECIALLY love how he's starting to pull some Maya leveled tricks ;) He's alot sneakier now ^^ Heheh... It is sad though that he seems to be turning a little cynical :( Phoenix's golden heart is still there though ^^
ImageImageImageImage

Till the landslide brought me down...

I like it when he laughs
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

Mew~ :3

Location: I'll give you a clue: Somewhere in the universe, on a planet starting with E

I didn't like it. At all. I wanted my old Feenie back.... And whatever happened to Maya? If she had only been there, Phoenix might not have lost...

After finding out what happened, I got really pissed off at Kristoph. What the hell did Nick do to deserve that? After all he had done for his other clients.... I was kinda proud of him, too. Even when he was at risk of losing his job, he still tried to save Zak by saying it was his own fault if he had presented forged evidence. And then after his client disappeared, he took in Trucy and adopted her. It just shows how caring he is.

I may seem a bit too serious about the whole thing, but I found this out when I had a...sort of a....crush on him. So it hit me really badly.
New sig coming soon!~
Happily married to Blade Satoshi X and mum to Neon Lemmy Koopa and PandaPrinzessin~ Avvie by me~ :3

Waiting on Godot...

SnowWright wrote:
I like it when he laughs

*I kawaiied out.*

He's got such an adorable laugh. I really hated it when he glanced away cooly at me T.T I felt ignored and pinned for his attention XD

He did get done bad by Kristoph though. I hated Kristoph too. Not as much as Dahlia. Phoenix has some tough luck with some people :(
ImageImageImageImage

Student-Artist-Ace Attorney Fanboy

This is a huge topic for me to talk about but I'll try to keep it short.

Phoenix was and still is my favorite character and I loved his personality, his determination, his funny thoughts, his sarcastic remarks, just everything about him!

But with hobophoenix I was shocked. All the time's I've played as Phoenix through games 1-3, and seeing him as a hobo in the 4th I was shocked. I was so surprised by his personality and of course not knowing the history of what happened I was very annoyed. His personality was so different, a little cocky, a bit arrogant, and a bit more lazy and yet having less care in the world.

Never said it was a bad thing though. I still saw the same Phoenix and loved when he led the back in the end(with Apollo)in 4-1, and playing the flashback with 4-4 with him, it was so sad.

Have gotten used to hobo phoenix though and love both sides of him.
Thanks to RandomJibberish for the sig!

The Twisted Samurai

I thaught hmmmm.... and what now???
Then I thaught I gotta play the game to find the truth behind hobohodo.Then I was kind of satisfied and when the credits came I felt a LITTLE hope . . . :acro:
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

At first I didn't recognize him. Just thought "Well, this hobo is quite hot."

Judge: I'm sorry to see you again like this... Mr. Wright.
*presses forward*
Wait, WHAT?
*stares at the screen for around ten minutes*

That just broke my heart. And the more I played AJ, the more my heart broke. I cryed during the flashback case and parts on the Mason System, and I'm not the type of person who cries often during gaming...

Oh, and I said the "Wait, WHAT?" out loud. In English. Mom asked me if I was talking with her and I had a hard time to come up with an answer in Portuguese. >.<

lying is bad

My friend spoiled AJ for me (Well, actually, I asked her to.) so I wasn't really surprised. Just saddened. :sadshoe:

When she told me what happened to Phoenix, I was like "Are you kidding me?"

'lmao hes poor'

The Twisted Samurai

Godot von Karma wrote:
'lmao hes poor'

He was NEVER rich or he always had money probs :yogi:

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

I knew he was disbarred before I played the game, but when playing the game I thought he became way to edgy and his personality was just not really appealing to me and as I continued I kept thinking "they are not the same person, they are not the same person" and let me tell you it worked.

The Twisted Samurai

Yes!Definetley!
:hobohodo: is more intelligent

Trick & Logic

KingRei wrote:
I was pissed. Still don't like the new stuff with him.

DarkWobbuffet wrote:
Pretty pissed off, to say the least. Espeically after that incredable ending he had in 3-5, and after what Mia told him, that he was on par with her as an attorney. Then we find out barely two months later he lost everything. It's like saying Mia was wrong and that Phoenix can't do shit without her help.

I don't know what thought was going through the writer's mind at that moment. They couldn't give him a few years or so to be a lawyer? Why immedately after 3-5?

I swear, playing the flashback trial in 4-4 was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, it was like signing Phoenix's death warrant. :sadshoe:

If this was the writer's way of getting the older fans into the new series, I can offically say mission freakin failed. >_>

Hikari wrote:
I was not happy. Personality death. I mean, Hobohodo is very cool as his own character, but when we learn he's Phoenix? NO.
During the first three games, we WERE Phoenix. And then in GS4 we're shunted into Apollo's POV *I don't care for it* to find Phoenix is...not Phoenix anymore. I died that day T_T
And LawyerNick did have a personality. He was developed and developed so that 3-5 Nick, while still sarcastic and easygoing like 1-4 Nick, had grown as a character, and also in terms of his relationships. (Hell, even the JUDGE got character development!) But then, 2 months later, he turns up to work WITHOUT MAYA (which is contradictory to the facts, no matter what you ship, to quote Icer) and doesn't mention her or Edgeworth at all. In fact, it's like no one from GS2 and GS3 even existed - only characters from 1-5 were referenced. Nick was extraordinarily OOC, to the extent that he presents obviously forged evidence and loses his badge. And Maya and Edgeworth, the people who would stick by him in that sort of situation no matter what, are nowhere to be seen! And he's not Phoenix anymore! Argh. I couldn't believe Turnabout Trump. I was not happy. D:

...Apollo Justice ruined everything.

'nuff said...
The only time a lawyer can cry is when its all over.
~ Godot

~ You know you love somebody, when this person makes you smile everytime. Even when this person just broke your heart.

Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE!

First I was like: "Well...He is still smiling. Maybe he is okay and all." But when I noticed that if you cover the other half of his face he isn't actually smiling, I was like: "Damn....Maybe he isn't okay..."

The Not-So-Metaphorical Poet

Hobohodo pretty much got me to stop being a fan of the series.

But now I'm back after that ordeal.

Self-made signature. ^_^

inb4 For those who may think otherwise, I'm a guy.

WAAAAAAAGH!

I feel like I must admit that I didn't play most of the Ace Attorney games before Apollo Justice.

I played case 1-1 a while back on a friend's copy when we were leaving on a school trip to Italy, but between that and when I got Apollo, I had nothing else.

Amusingly, my dad mentioned that if a lawyer presents forged evidence without knowing it, they can't be disbarred.

Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE!

But in this case, Phoenix couldn't prove he didn't know about the forged evidence...

The Twisted Samurai

Never forget!
In a court of law u gotta provide EVERYTHING waht u say with evidence

WAAAAAAAGH!

Kerle wrote:
But in this case, Phoenix couldn't prove he didn't know about the forged evidence...

Good point. That is another reason why my dad (who is in fact an actual attorney, albeit for the IRS) thinks that the games could've been done better, or at least more accurately.

Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!

I played AJ before T & T and i was like "Oh my God, What the hell happened to him" I stopped playing and went through T & T to find out why (even to be crudely disserpointed and confused) .

Personaly i don't like hobo nick. He seems to almost be like older Mia who does nothing but give you useless hints. I don't really know why i don't like him but he doesn't seem the same as in the other games. And his crooked smile freaks me. (it was Epic when he pointed in 4-1 But i hate that case and will never touch it again)

To the guys talking if he should of got disbarred or not. I think he shouldn't have. Look at case 1-5. Edgeworth didn't . I don't see why Nick should of either. (Sorry I'm not a lawyer i can't really help there. (I'm traingin to be one though :godot: )

Audere est facere.

Well, when I first saw him, I was definetely shocked. As in, "WTH happened to Phoenix?!?!?" And his attitude changed. He gives useless pointers, unlike Mia, who always turned things around. I liked the old Phoenix better.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

KrazyKaro wrote:
I played AJ before T & T and i was like "Oh my God, What the hell happened to him" I stopped playing and went through T & T to find out why (even to be crudely disserpointed and confused) .

Personaly i don't like hobo nick. He seems to almost be like older Mia who does nothing but give you useless hints. I don't really know why i don't like him but he doesn't seem the same as in the other games. And his crooked smile freaks me. (it was Epic when he pointed in 4-1 But i hate that case and will never touch it again)

To the guys talking if he should of got disbarred or not. I think he shouldn't have. Look at case 1-5. Edgeworth didn't . I don't see why Nick should of either. (Sorry I'm not a lawyer i can't really help there. (I'm traingin to be one though :godot: )

It has been shown several times that the Judge favors the Prosecution in the horribly broken law system that makes up the Ace Attorney games.

angel_of_nature wrote:
Well, when I first saw him, I was definetely shocked. As in, "WTH happened to Phoenix?!?!?" And his attitude changed. He gives useless pointers, unlike Mia, who always turned things around. I liked the old Phoenix better.
Uh...Mia's pointers were very, very cryptic. About the same as Hobo Phoenix, if you ask me.

Objection, Are you a dancin' masta?

when I first saw Hobo feenie (that nickname still cracks me up) I was like what? I was wondering if he would ever take off the cap so we could see the spikey :phoenix: , but I liked when he started talking about presenting.
Quote:
Ah, "presenting", are we?
I did my fair share of that back in the day.
Showed my attorney's badge a lot, too.

Roxas the (Reaper) Composer wrote:
I heard of 'Hobohodo' before I got to the fourth game, and when I did see him and heard what had happened, I felt this odd sensation of despair and uselessness.
"Was everything we've done been for nothing...?" I mumbled.

Yea... I heard about it too. I was like man that's jacked up man.

Roxas the (Reaper) Composer wrote:
And oh gawd. When we had to play though the case that damned him... "Dead man walking," I kept saying, "Don't do it. It's a freaking trap..." I even tried every piece of evidence that wasn't the ripped out page of the book; I couldn't do anything at all to... Aa... (I feel sad recalling it now.)

Tried that too. Man, it would be cool if they made that a extra part.

But He said he might try the bar exam... again.
Thanks Double M (The Middleman)

I was kinda wtf'd. I still can't find any matches with him and young Phoenix. But imho he became much cooler than he was. only IMHO
Sig by PandaPrinzessin

Komikero

I had no idea who he was when I first saw him. Then someone told me it was Edgeworth. I laughed my butt off. Then I got corrected and learned it was Phoenix. I didn't laugh after that. And I kept wondering how the hell he became a hobo.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

'One who should not exist..'

i actually played apollo justice before Phoenix Wright, so, I was shocked by the flah back trial and was like, 'Wohh he, is that Phoenix? ' After that i played t&t and then the first game. :godot: First of i disliked Phoenix as defence, but after T&T i liked him as much as hobo Phoenix. I didn't miss any characters, as i didn't see maya at all.. (So, as second i played T&T, and they said something like 'But Edgeworth is the best prosecutor!' And i was like, who is Edgeworth..)

I don't really remember what I thought. I kinda spoiled myself beforehand and I knew he was all hobo in AJ... But when I did start playing AJ and I realized he's my client I went all "Yay he showed up already!"

I just kept wanting to talk to him all the time though... "Damn! He's away again! >.<"

Also I kept waiting for him to say something about being in touch with Edgeworth (hoho! Literally, of course :think: ), since it was clearly pointed out he was still in contact with Maya.
Daughter of PandaPrinzessin & J.D. Sister of la sombra se levantó Meenyman and Scarred_owl
Beautiful signature by Nadindi <3

Perpetual Prosecutor

I played AJ before PW, and had only heard about Phoenix, but I never saw a pic of him. When I saw him as a hobee, I thought.
"This is that super awesome lawyer that starred the first three games? Gee, what a letdown."
Later in the last case, Phoenix seemed VERY awkward. His sprites were totally different in style than the others, and his nervous sprite was creepy. I was too used to the more detailed characters.

But hearing about how the other games were better than AJ, I tried T&T, then the first game, and started liking him more than Polly. Then when I remembered about his becoming a hobee, it was weird. :meekins:

I found out Phoenix was a hobo some weeks before playing AJ, and really couldn't believe Capcom would let him stay that way. I only knew he was disbarred, nothing else, so I thought Apollo was going to be some sort of mythical Law Hero whose mission was to save Phoenix from his fate of hobo-ness :yogi: ... then, I actually played the game.
I got used to :hobohodo: , though. And I thought the Phoenix from the flashback case was kinda... weird, somehow.

Do that and I'll throw grape juice at u

Well I didn't play it...I say the while case on youtube :godot: but I bought it later.

At first I didn't recognize him at all. I thought he was Apollo's mentor and when :udgy: said Mr.Wright I was like:
:beef: OMFG. That's Phoenix!!!!? *talking on the phone with friend* OMFG. Dude Phoenix looks like hobo!!!What happened to him!!? I was so shocked I said that mostly in spanish xD

Well I like :hobohodo: because he still makes me laugh but I miss the overreacting :phoenix:. But I remember that I was put off when I saw him laughing I was like o.O"it's weird to see him laugh" The important thing is that he looks hot(and sexy and mature) and that he can still make u laugh and that he's there .Man how I suffered when I was going through the flashback(but it made me happy that his thoughts are still the same :acro: ) I think that Capcom ruined the last case by telling you what was the forged evidence before going to the flashback. I felt as if I was betraying Phoenix's trust, plus it would've been more of a shock factor ^^ Maybe just maybe the connections he used to make the MASON system has to do with :edgeworth: ?

But seriously I don't like AJ that much, I get that they tried to make it easier or something like that for the new players but it was a letdown to the fans. Seriously, one almost never gets stuck in the game, unlike the other where you actually needed help. Plus the other thing that put me off was Klavier >.< I don't hate him...I only hate him when he's prosecuting, he actually helps you in the cases and that means no challenges or "oh shit...what am I going to do?" parts. I just hope that in the other AJ game there's more Phoenix (hopefully lawyer again. Capcom listen to the fans!!!!) and that it's more challenging. I jsut hope that Capcom doesn't make a habit of making every new character a hobo after three games like Phoenix if the series still goes on.

.....Oops :udgy: Sorry I made a long rant but I needed to get that off my chest >.<
:gant: Evil people eat Oreos :gant:
Please donate if you can @ http://www.youcaring.com/epichugger

Idol of Polar Bears

Initial thoughts: "OMFG CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGE[/fanboi response]"

Pre-AJ thoughts: "Eh, 's all right."

Post-AJ thoughts: "Hobo Phoenix is such an asshole but I LOVE HIM SO!"

I'd only played one PW game(JFA) before I played AJ, so I wasn't too upset to see Phoenix was a hobo. I was like :beef: when I learnt who the defendant in Turnabout Trump was though. XD

I decided to replay AJ, after playing AA and T&T, and it was upsetting. :larry: I kept making Phoenix lose the trial in Turnabout Sucession, because I decided it was better to make him lose the case than lose his badge. :uramidn: My sister had to present the forged evidence for me, since it took me a week to do it on my own. XD
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

The Attorney with a Chocolate Centre.

He's so...so...AWESOME!
At least, it seems like that, but at first I thought he'd just given up really and didn't care about anything.
This is why I'm confused at Kristoph's giant fanbase! Ignore his charming fake personality and flowing locks, the man is KOOKOO BANANAS!

When you were examining him in 4-4 when you had to find his nervous habit, did you see his eyes? HOLY FFFFFFFFFF.....

Still, HoboWright for the win. To the depths of Hades Kristoph! :hobohodo:

kills at the whim of a hat

I'd been fairly spoiled on it. Got into the games knowing I'd be playing Apollo in game number 4. So I didn't have such a big reaction.

But I did find that Phoenix's personality was a bit too different for my tastes. The whole useless, secretive mentor thing just annoyed me. I expected him to be more...Down to earth? More straightforward and approachable and such? I dunno, it's hard to explain.

He looked pretty cool. Rocking that beanie and hoodie. Shame we didn't get to see his hair though. (and his face and eyes looked waaaaaay different to me)
Newfound bloggery
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments too!

Thanks to Berendsnor for the avatar.
Page 3 of 6 [ 227 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)