Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Movie, TV, and anime chat.
Post Reply
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Yaragorm wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:And her lower body was covered it was comical more than sexual, anyway to my knowledge the Cat got away ok.

It was still disgusting. Especially in 3D.... :beef:

Oh that cat did escape unscathed, but I felt sorry for it when...

Spoiler:
Coraline threw him at the Spider-witch lady thing...


Ah the beldam....yeah she was freaky as anything the little ghost kids were freakier though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Yaragorm »

Herr Blondie wrote:Ah the beldam....yeah she was freaky as anything the little ghost kids were freakier though.

So true. :beef:
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
Duclis
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 12:06 am

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Duclis »

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney again) - 8.5 out of 10

lol @ the "G" rating. That's all. ;D
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

Young Frankenstein. 9/10. Still awesome.
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Turnabout Clerk wrote:Young Frankenstein. 9/10. Still awesome.


SO right.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
carbon monoxide
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 pm
Custom Title: lying is bad
Location: Ithaca, NY

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by carbon monoxide »

My neighor Totoro.

Miyazaki's early film.

It was great.

Spoiler: "Story"
The ending was kind of anticlimactic, and the dust sprites, which I thought would make a reappearance, didn't really. But overall, it was a great film demonstrating Miyazaki's talent. 9/10
Image
Rov
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Rov »

Zombieland

89%

It was pretty good. Hasn't been a decent zombie flick in a while, and I was quite pleased.
SnowWright
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1198
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:03 pm
Custom Title: Till the landslide brought me down...
Location: Sydney

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by SnowWright »

Coraline: 9.5/10
and Memoirs of a Geisha: 8.5/10
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°
KrazyKaro
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am
Custom Title: Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!
Location: Somewhere n England..i think.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by KrazyKaro »

Final Fantasy: Advent Children, 10/10
I was playing a FF game with a friend and she suggested i should watch it. I did and i Loved it ! One of my fave films now. Coming Close to South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

KrazyKaro wrote:Final Fantasy: Advent Children, 10/10
I was playing a FF game with a friend and she suggested i should watch it. I did and i Loved it ! One of my fave films now. Coming Close to South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.


Hahaha 10/10? REALLY?

It regresses Cloud to the beginning when he is all emo and loner despite his notable progress at the end of FF7 to normal human being.

Then it floods the film with him while he's in annoying emo mode completely throwing the other characters to the wind bar Tifa really.
Add 3 Super Sephiroth Bros and bizarre heads-in-boxes before garnishing with a completely random appearence by Sephiroth and you get one crap waste of my time.

Granted the graphics and voice acting were top notch but that's to be expected from FF who have excellent graphics teams. They failed on so many other counts.

Though apparently the second version has added scenes for the others.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
elske55
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:47 am

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by elske55 »

The Ballad of Ricky Bobby 9.5/10
itz funny but at the same time so so inappropriate
KrazyKaro
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am
Custom Title: Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!
Location: Somewhere n England..i think.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by KrazyKaro »

Herr Blondie wrote:
KrazyKaro wrote:Final Fantasy: Advent Children, 10/10
I was playing a FF game with a friend and she suggested i should watch it. I did and i Loved it ! One of my fave films now. Coming Close to South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.


Hahaha 10/10? REALLY?

It regresses Cloud to the beginning when he is all emo and loner despite his notable progress at the end of FF7 to normal human being.

Then it floods the film with him while he's in annoying emo mode completely throwing the other characters to the wind bar Tifa really.
Add 3 Super Sephiroth Bros and bizarre heads-in-boxes before garnishing with a completely random appearence by Sephiroth and you get one crap waste of my time.

Granted the graphics and voice acting were top notch but that's to be expected from FF who have excellent graphics teams. They failed on so many other counts.

Though apparently the second version has added scenes for the others.


Yeah they did make cloud too Emo i still loved it and i don't watch to many flms so for me it was a good one
Image
Memories, Trials, Family the Fic into a comic.
Soon to be Husband:Scarred_owl Daughter of PandaPrinzessin, J. D,brothers:kemosem Meenyman
My Sons are Ptapcc, Kitisuimo, and my daughters are P!ATD, Godot_Blend _#107.
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

KrazyKaro wrote:Final Fantasy: Advent Children, 10/10
I was playing a FF game with a friend and she suggested i should watch it. I did and i Loved it ! One of my fave films now. Coming Close to South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.

Um.... Have you played FF7?
Toy Story- 10/10
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
KrazyKaro
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am
Custom Title: Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!
Location: Somewhere n England..i think.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by KrazyKaro »

Ok. I haven;t actully played alot of FF is you don't count FF 12 KH2 FF advance tactics. But i still think it;s a Great film!!!!
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

KrazyKaro wrote:Ok. I haven;t actully played alot of FF is you don't count FF 12 KH2 FF advance tactics. But i still think it;s a Great film!!!!


How is that possible?! FF12 and (to other people) FFTA suck in the series.

KH2 isn't even Final Fantasy.

It's ridiculous to like the film without playing 7 there's just so much random junk in it. I played FF7 and even I don't like it but you gotta at least know how it goes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
KrazyKaro
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am
Custom Title: Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!
Location: Somewhere n England..i think.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by KrazyKaro »

^^

Chill i know about most of the game i just haven't played them sheesh ! Btw has anyone seen Bruno Yet and could rate it please?
Image
Memories, Trials, Family the Fic into a comic.
Soon to be Husband:Scarred_owl Daughter of PandaPrinzessin, J. D,brothers:kemosem Meenyman
My Sons are Ptapcc, Kitisuimo, and my daughters are P!ATD, Godot_Blend _#107.
Burninator
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm
Custom Title: Good 'til the last drop.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Burninator »

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
9/10
Most ridiculous movie ever. No contest. But pretty good and funny.
Image
By Lind_L_Tailor^
Creator and head guy thing of the Ace Attorney Awards! Come vote to help end meaningless debates! With style. :butzthumbs:
:damon:
^^ Click The Gant!
carbon monoxide
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 pm
Custom Title: lying is bad
Location: Ithaca, NY

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by carbon monoxide »

Mortal Kombat. It was disgusting. And stupid. Seriously, the fate of the universe rests on if you can punch someone's lights out? No way, just bring in the army, they'd kick Goro's ass.

Yeah, 2/10.
Image
SnowWright
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1198
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:03 pm
Custom Title: Till the landslide brought me down...
Location: Sydney

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by SnowWright »

Braveheart: ..8.5/10
it was pretty gross >_>
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°
neoswordmaster
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 am
Custom Title: A beautiful world indeed.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by neoswordmaster »

Stand by Me: Great funny writing, memorable characters, and just a charming feel to it. 9/10.

Good Will Hunting: Great acting and writing, good plot, but was a little slow and dull. 8/10.
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Yaragorm »

Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
neoswordmaster
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 am
Custom Title: A beautiful world indeed.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by neoswordmaster »

Yaragorm wrote:Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:


Oh wow, a small blue penis. Yeah, that's disturbing. (sarcasm).
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Yaragorm »

neoswordmaster wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:


Oh wow, a small blue penis. Yeah, that's disturbing. (sarcasm).

Well it still was......I get disturbed easily.....
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
johnny rainbow
Scanlator
Scanlator
Posts: 1383
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:40 am
Custom Title: ケーキたん(仮)
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by johnny rainbow »

Sweeney Todd - Forgettable musical.

Hostel - Boring guro with Japanese-wannabe pacing.
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Yaragorm »

I saw Marley and Me just now...........it actually made me cry.....

It gets a 9.5/10 because I don't like crying for movies....... :larry:

And I thought it would be for little kids. I know a lot who wanted to see that movie....

Then Jennifer Aniston strips and climbs into a swimming pool............ :beef:
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

Marley and Me was ok.
Paul Blart 7/10. I thought it would suck. Glad it didn't.
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Louise »

Sleepwalkers.

It's a really weird (ok stupid) "horror" film. I've seen it a few times and it still grosses me out that the kid

Spoiler:
FUCKS HIS OWN MOTHER


Vom.


ANYWAY 2/10
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
Romeo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Custom Title: SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.
Location: The Land of Tea and Crumpets...England.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Romeo »

SnowWright wrote:Coraline: 9.5/10
and Memoirs of a Geisha: 8.5/10


I didn't know memoirs of a geisha was in a movie! And just when I finished reading the book :nick:

Anyway....
Hide and Seek: 9.5/10.
Loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. the horror scenes were well thought out, especially the
Spoiler: Disturbing content for veiwers less than 15, even though i'm 12 and i watched this.
ones with the dead women in the bathtub.

I never would have guessed charlie was
Spoiler: HUGE SPOILER
Her dad
and loved the little twist at the end, made me smile. Lost half a malk becuase of
Spoiler: Big spoilers
the pun were that lady shows up in the water cave where all the decapitated dolls are and yells: Hide and seek! Before shooting charlie in the face.
Lotsa blood, not 4 the squeamish.
Image
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Scarred_owl wrote:
SnowWright wrote:Coraline: 9.5/10
and Memoirs of a Geisha: 8.5/10


I didn't know memoirs of a geisha was in a movie! And just when I finished reading the book :nick:

Anyway....
Hide and Seek: 9.5/10.
Loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. the horror scenes were well thought out, especially the
Spoiler: Disturbing content for veiwers less than 15, even though i'm 12 and i watched this.
ones with the dead women in the bathtub.

I never would have guessed charlie was
Spoiler: HUGE SPOILER
Her dad
and loved the little twist at the end, made me smile. Lost half a malk becuase of
Spoiler: Big spoilers
the pun were that lady shows up in the water cave where all the decapitated dolls are and yells: Hide and seek! Before shooting charlie in the face.
Lotsa blood, not 4 the squeamish.


Not sure if you know this but....

Hide and Seek completely rips off The Secret Window so it scored incredibly bad for me. Predictable and full of clichés

Up: 9.5

Woulda given it a full 10 but I missed part of the beginning
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Louise »

I love Secret Window AND Hide and Seek 8D
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
Wocky Kitaki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Wut?
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Wocky Kitaki »

Across the Universe- 4/10 (Good until Bono showed up)
The Reader- 0/10 (Overrated shit I rewatched because my friend thought I was too harsh)
Image
silentxfilmstar
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 862
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am
Location: Beaverditch

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by silentxfilmstar »

Religulous- 7.5/10
Funny movie and I agree with some of the things Maher talked about, but too biased and he got on my nerves.
Image
Badskull
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 pm
Custom Title: No

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Badskull »

Yaragorm wrote:Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:


Grow up.

Zombieland: 8/10 Pretty decent.
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Yaragorm »

Badskull wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:


Grow up.

Like I haven't been told that billions of times before.... :yuusaku:
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Badskull wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:


Grow up.

Zombieland: 8/10 Pretty decent.


Nothing wrong with being slightly repulsed by the male genitalia.

Lets face it, it's not attractive and in Watchmen you see maybe 4 at one time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Wocky Kitaki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Wut?
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Wocky Kitaki »

Badskull wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:Watchmen..... :beef: :beef: :beef:

I give it an 8/10 for having awesome visual graphics and an amazing story...

But it lost two points for the visual scarring... :beef:

I just can't use this smiley enough..... :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:


Grow up.

I like you.

loobywright wrote:Sleepwalkers.

It's a really weird (ok stupid) "horror" film. I've seen it a few times and it still grosses me out that the kid

Spoiler:
FUCKS HIS OWN MOTHER


Vom.


ANYWAY 2/10

It's a King film. What do you expect?

'It' had pre-teens having an orgy in the sewer to conjure up spirits.
Image
User avatar
DarkCoffee
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by DarkCoffee »

Dragon Ball Evolution. 1/10.


It sucked, but then again the fighting was good. But I leave it at 1 because of the lots of changes that happened.

Horrible. Dragon Ball should be left as Manga/Anime.

:godot:
Names Godot. Prosecutor. Never lost a case.
carbon monoxide
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 pm
Custom Title: lying is bad
Location: Ithaca, NY

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by carbon monoxide »

Actually, this may sound silly, but I was really angry that Goku was white, but the other characters where Asian. Call me prejudiced, but I couldn't help it.
Image
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Yaragorm »

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:Actually, this may sound silly, but I was really angry that Goku was white, but the other characters where Asian. Call me prejudiced, but I couldn't help it.

I get that feeling all the time. I hate it when that happens. :edgeworth:

Even anime characters are white.... :sadshoe:
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:Actually, this may sound silly, but I was really angry that Goku was white, but the other characters where Asian. Call me prejudiced, but I couldn't help it.


No your justified hehe....high school.

That film was bad but I thought it was freaking hilariously bad.
I was glad Yamcha was included though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Post Reply