Page 6 of 20

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:22 am
by grim_tales
I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:43 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
...They said "crap" in JFA? Where?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:10 am
by Okami Amaterasu
I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm
by Impossible
This thread needs a lot more Godot. I noticed heaps of awesome lines from him while playing the game.

Also, does anyone have the judge's line about why the spirit channelling stuff doesn't bother him anymore in 3-5? I really liked that.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm
by Aijiru
Maybe that's nothing new, but...

Spoiler: About the disc on 3-3
Maybe MC Bomber = MS Blaster?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:28 pm
by grim_tales
Okami Amaterasu wrote:I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto


Yeah that's right. He calls it "that 'refreshing like a spring breeze' crap".

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:40 pm
by Mikker
The poem that Armstrong writes has three lines, each in relation to a prosecutor in the game. It mentions "coffe", "foolish cocktail", "tea". In that order, Godot, Franziska and Edgeworth.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:44 pm
by The Sandwich
Macbeth wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5, Part 4-1
:godot: As they say, a cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.
:phoenix: I believe the correct definition for a cornered fox is, "scared and petrified".
:godot: ...
:godot: Your animal analogies have grown tiresome!
:nick-sweat: (You were the one who started it!)


LOL MGS

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:50 pm
by TheDarkArchon
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I would mark it down to PEGI being incompetent.

BTW, Phoenix said pissed in the first game when talking about Oldbag.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:54 pm
by Mikker
Zanitora's "GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" outburst is, without a doubt, a reference to This

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:52 pm
by grim_tales
TheDarkArchon wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I would mark it down to PEGI being incompetent.

BTW, Phoenix said pissed in the first game when talking about Oldbag.


Yeah, pissed in the sense of being angry (as in "pissed off" I guess). This is allowed in a PG film.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:45 pm
by Phonics Wright
Sal said ass in the original

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:46 pm
by The Sandwich
Phonics Wright wrote:Sal said ass in the original


Yup. It was like "My ass is pwned if I lose that script" or something.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24 pm
by SunChaoJun
:ack: D-Director!? (Sh-She's human!? She seems more like a ghost in a shell.)

Brilliant.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:59 am
by Brandon Strong
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
It always bugged me when he talked about people "working their butts off for him"...I was like nonono thats not how you say it at all...it really took away from the evilness of the moment.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:24 am
by grim_tales
Sal does use the internet term "WTF" and the abbreviation "RTFC" in the first one, and we all know what they stand for ;)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:24 pm
by Mikker
Phoenix: (He's gotta be using some sort of infinite ammo code with that box of seeds...)

Oh, Phoenix. Breaking the 4th wall like it wasn't even there to begin with. :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:37 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Spoiler: Case 5: Investigation 1-2
Present 'Iris's Hood'

(Blahblahblah, gave it to Wright, thought bad was going to happen...)

:edgeworth: (Well he wound up falling into something much deeper and colder...)
:edgeworth: (I probably shouldn't say that out loud, though. Thank god for inner monologue.)

That reminds me of the monologue joke from Scrubs.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:03 pm
by Happiness Punch!
Spoiler: 3-3
:udgy: Umm.... Witness. Please state your name and occupation for th---
:zenny: Grrraaaaaaargh!
:maya-shock: Aaaaaah! *hides under table*
:nick-sweat: (Don't hide under the table Maya! ...Unless there is room for me down there too!)
:udgy: I...umm...Would you mind--
:zenitora: What'youse say to me!?
:udgy: N-N-N-Nothing! I didn't say nuddin'! Honest!
:nick-sweat: (Who could've guessed that fear would induce a bad Brooklyn accent in the judge?)

Tigre's cross-examination was full of gems :gant:

Also, :chef: singing "Everything I do, I'll do it for you" was a reference to a Bruce Adams song, amirite? :regina:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:12 pm
by grim_tales
Half right. Bryan Adams ;)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:34 pm
by The Sandwich
Happiness Punch! wrote:
Spoiler: 3-3
:udgy: Umm.... Witness. Please state your name and occupation for th---
:zenny: Grrraaaaaaargh!
:maya-shock: Aaaaaah! *hides under table*
:nick-sweat: (Don't hide under the table Maya! ...Unless there is room for me down there too!)
:udgy: I...umm...Would you mind--
:zenitora: What'youse say to me!?
:udgy: N-N-N-Nothing! I didn't say nuddin'! Honest!
:nick-sweat: (Who could've guessed that fear would induce a bad Brooklyn accent in the judge?)

Tigre's cross-examination was full of gems :gant:


Roaring your way through court is the way to go.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:45 pm
by Dahlia Hawthorne
case 4:
judge's brother: ruh roh.

case 5
Spoiler: spoiler?
Maya: Come on, Nick! Why don't we hop across the bridge. It'll be fun!
Nick: I'm not so sure... It looks like a bunny hopping across the bridge would destroy it.
Maya: OK, Nick. Then let's try to find a cute little white bunny and test your theory.
Nick: (That right there sums up the fundamental difference between the sane and insane.)'


Spoiler: 5 again
Maya: Hey! A half-opened gate! That's practically a welcome mat!
Nick: Yeah, except the sign on here says, "No Entry".
Maya, Umm, Nick.
Rules are made to be broken, you know.
Nick: ...You expect a lawyer to go along with that?
Maya: Oh, come on! You're such an old lady sometimes! Let's just go!
Nick: Don't blame it on me when Sister Bikini puts a curse on you.
Maya: ...
Now you've got me scared. Um, let's just forget about it, OK?


Spoiler: 5 once more..
Edgeworth: It's an altar with a giant Magatama enshrined on it.
Gumshoe: There are a lot of candles on it, too.
You know...
I haven't had a birthday party for myself in a while...
Edgeworth: Maybe you should blow out those candles over there to make up for that.
Gumshoe: Mr. Edgeworth? Would you mind singing "Happy Birthday" to me?
Bikini: S-Stop that! Cut that out! Please don't blow out the alter candles!


Spoiler: case 5
Gumshoe: Oh! It's a warmed cat box! But where are the cats?
Edgeworth: ...It's called a "hibachi". It's for heating the room.
Gumshoe: Oh! Look at all these ancient straw frisbees!
Edgeworth: Those are a type of "zabuton" cushions called "enza"!
Gumshoe: ...
Why are you giving me such a hard time? Huh, Mr. Edgeworth? Why?
Edgeworth: Because learning something new might actually be a good thing for you, Detective!


and finally::

Spoiler: case 5
Edgeworth: What is this festive-looking ornament?
Larry: It reminds me of art class in grade school.
We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with oragami. Remember?
Edgeworth: W-Well, I...
Larry: Oh, yeah... You were never any good at it.
Gumshoe: Really?
Larry: Yeah, this guy was so bad, he couldn't even fold a dollar, let alone a crane.
Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there, sobbing.
Gumshoe: Really? I would have never expected that.
Edgeworth: Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day!
You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw!
Larry. ...You know, Edgey...
Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy.
Gumshoe: Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: (Grr... This is exactally why I hate childhood friends...)


:D

there's a lot more though, but these are just some that I liked :(
sorry if they're reposts.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
by Lord Wackruntlje
:godot: You did it, didn't you?
:yuusaku: Yes.
:nick-sweat: What?
:yuusaku: ! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
:judge: For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:00 pm
by surasshu
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:
Spoiler: case 5
Edgeworth: What is this festive-looking ornament?
Larry: It reminds me of art class in grade school.
We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with oragami. Remember?
Edgeworth: W-Well, I...
Larry: Oh, yeah... You were never any good at it.
Gumshoe: Really?
Larry: Yeah, this guy was so bad, he couldn't even fold a dollar, let alone a crane.
Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there, sobbing.
Gumshoe: Really? I would have never expected that.
Edgeworth: Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day!
You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw!
Larry. ...You know, Edgey...
Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy.
Gumshoe: Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: (Grr... This is exactally why I hate childhood friends...)


:D

Hahahaha, that was my favourite thing when playing Edgy! Just having him freak out over this issue tickles my funnybone, especially since he's getting harassed by Larry and Gumshoe, two of the most singularity useless characters in the game (in general). :gant:

I also liked these:
Spoiler:
:phoenix: If it wasn't for Mia, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
:maya: Yeah, she told me you used to be really useless.

:D!
Spoiler:
:maya: When did you first get that porcupine cut?
:phoenix: ... Um, it's been like this ever since I was a little kid.
:maya-shock: What!? You mean that's the way your hair is naturally?
:maya: I thought you had some sort of special "Phoenix Cut" deal with the barber.
:maya: I mean... You usually only see hair like that in a video game.

She's so right! :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:33 pm
by illuminise
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:case 4:
and finally::

Spoiler: case 5
Edgeworth: What is this festive-looking ornament?
Larry: It reminds me of art class in grade school.
We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with oragami. Remember?
Edgeworth: W-Well, I...
Larry: Oh, yeah... You were never any good at it.
Gumshoe: Really?
Larry: Yeah, this guy was so bad, he couldn't even fold a dollar, let alone a crane.
Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there, sobbing.
Gumshoe: Really? I would have never expected that.
Edgeworth: Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day!
You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw!
Larry. ...You know, Edgey...
Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy.
Gumshoe: Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: (Grr... This is exactally why I hate childhood friends...)


:D


This has spawned possibly the crackiest fic I've done since coming into this fandom. And that includes the 16 page Gant/Celeste one I finished last night. :meekins:

Oh Edgey, you're hopeless. <3

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:24 pm
by grim_tales
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::godot: You did it, didn't you?
:yuusaku: Yes.
:nick-sweat: What?
:yuusaku: ! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
:judge: For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.


LMAO, can't wait to see that :D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:51 pm
by Mikker
I like how much effort they put into Lisa Basil's and the progammer's lines. I mean, it's so high-techy, but it's all correct and not-sci-fi. I actually got the majority of the programmers ramble about global variables.

I <3 global variables, BTW.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:07 pm
by Lord Wackruntlje
:aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
:ack: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:object: In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
:aiga: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:mia: In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
:judge: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:13 pm
by Mayhem
Not sure if this has been done... case 3-5, Larry gets called something along the lines of a namby-pamby goosey loosey loser... and then the judge reiterates the same line to him :p

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:23 pm
by Aijiru
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::godot: You did it, didn't you?
:yuusaku: Yes.
:nick-sweat: What?
:yuusaku: ! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
:judge: For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.


I wish Manfred Von Karma had been the prosecutor here, it would have been pretty impressive :karma:.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:36 pm
by Yokusa
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
:ack: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:object: In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
:aiga: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:mia: In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
:judge: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!


Oh...my...God... :gant:

Atmey's the best XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:00 pm
by Lord Wackruntlje
(Gumshoe and Phoenix bicker)
:maya: Oh come on. Just kiss eachother and make up already.

(About Jean Armostrong)
:gumshoe: I can't stop thinking about her- I mean, him.
:ack: You... can't stop thinking about him?
:gumshoe: Yeah..., I mean NO! It's not like... he's not my type or anything!

Gumshoe's sexuality seems to be confirmed.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:04 pm
by Atsime
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
:ack: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:object: In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
:aiga: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:mia: In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
:judge: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

So FUNNY!! :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:47 am
by Daramue
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


How would the word "crap" make the rating go up? In comparison, the words "Hell" and "Damn", both used in the game are more explicit than "crap".

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:59 am
by grim_tales
Not just that word, but I always thought "crap" is slightly more explicit in the UK?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:03 am
by Raphael .K. Brice
In the UK, neither "Hell" nor "Damn" are considered offensive. "Crap" would be much more likely to increase the rating, though isn't considered proper swearing.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:18 am
by KingMobUK
I'm kinds skimming this thread so I don't spoiler myself too much so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Minor spoiler for Case 3:2:

Spoiler:
In Case 2 when you're talking to Larry in the security room, Phoenix offers him any male profiles to look at (apart from the CEO) he says something to the effect of "I know! You're right! I should change my ways! But I'm just not interested in men!"

Phoenix then thinks "He should get his mind out of the gutter".


Makes me laugh on more than one level. :redd:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:24 am
by KingMobUK
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I bet you weren't as surprsed by them using "crap" as you were when they used "bugger" then? I nearly fell off my chair.

I'm just waiting for "wanker" now.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:28 pm
by illuminise
KingMobUK wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I bet you weren't as surprsed by them using "crap" as you were when they used "bugger" then? I nearly fell off my chair.

I'm just waiting for "wanker" now.

Well, judging by the accent they gave Edgeworth... *ponders the possibility of this* I would lol so hard. :keiko:
(They said bugger? Dammit I need to replay the games, STAT).

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:40 pm
by grim_tales
Where on earth did they say "bugger" in JFA? I have the US version, didn't notice that?...
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).