Page 7 of 20

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:43 pm
by Phoenix Soul
They don't, Phoenix and the Judge say it in....3-2 or 3-3 (I can't remember, sorry), when Phoenix messes up presenting a piece of evidence.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:48 pm
by KingMobUK
grim_tales wrote:Where on earth did they say "bugger" in JFA? I have the US version, didn't notice that?...
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).


I can't remember where it was in the games but I do remember going "YOU WHAT"?

It was used in the sense of "bugger about" or "bugger off" as I recall (not in the sexual manner)!

It's deffo in GS2 though as I have only just started GS3.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:51 pm
by KingMobUK
illuminise wrote:Well, judging by the accent they gave Edgeworth... *ponders the possibility of this* I would lol so hard. :keiko:
(They said bugger? Dammit I need to replay the games, STAT).


I'm hoping for a good curse of "bollocks" myself but fear it will be a fruitless wait!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:30 pm
by Mikker
:maggy: : I'm gonna stay up all night and blog about what happened!

o.O from jail?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:40 am
by Brandon Strong
KingMobUK wrote:I'm hoping for a good curse of "bollocks" myself but fear it will be a fruitless wait!
Yeah, and I was hoping that young edgy would say "morning guv'nor" to the judge...but alas, it was not to be.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:51 am
by Mayhem
In his best Dick van Dyke English accent yes... I remember "bugger" getting mentioned in one of the translations so I don't think he's imagining it...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:55 am
by grim_tales
When I play the 2nd game again I'll look out for it.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:05 pm
by Trabztress
Spoiler: 3-5 Trial
:whip: You huffy, puffy, loosey-goosey whimpering wuss of a witness! (To larry)



Lol.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:17 pm
by KingMobUK
Mayhem wrote:In his best Dick van Dyke English accent yes... I remember "bugger" getting mentioned in one of the translations so I don't think he's imagining it...


In fact I've just encountered "buggers" in 3:2. Evidently this is considered perfectly respectable prose in GS Translation World!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:18 pm
by KingMobUK
grim_tales wrote:When I play the 2nd game again I'll look out for it.


Trouble is, I may have messed up horribly to get it. 2 was the first one I played properly and I was a bit sucky at figuring out what evidence to offer etc.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:50 pm
by Mikker
Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.

Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 pm
by illuminise
Trabztress wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5 Trial
:whip: You huffy, puffy, loosey-goosey whimpering wuss of a witness! (To larry)



Lol.


New insults OHSHI--

... Wait, is that a FAKE reference? O: I'm sure the Chief says something like that to Dee.
"I was hoping with you as his partner he'd loose some of his loosey-goosey who-gives-a-good-goddamn attitude!"
"I may be a loose-goose but I'm an DAMN BUSY loose-goose."

Doubt it's actually a reference but amusing nonetheless.

Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.

THE MIRACLE NEVER HAPPEN.

*is shot* C'MON IT WAS SO EASY.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:23 pm
by Artemis
Mikker wrote:Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.

Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.

Spoiler: 3-3
Is that where he says something like, "Hah! The poison was in a green bottle, not that brown bottle!" I haven't played it yet... but I read the summary.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:52 pm
by Trabztress
Spoiler: 3-5 Investigation
:edgeworth: I feel like I've seen this girl somewhere before! Was she from a prior case?

:gumshoe: Nope, can't be. We did a datatbase search with her fingerprints and came up with nothing.

:edgeworth: I see...(I just can't shake this nagging feeling)

:gumshoe: Well everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir.
Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped along the way or something...?

:edgeworth: Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from?!

:gumshoe: I didn't hear it from anyone.It's just sorta how I imagined you to be, sir.

:edgeworth: (D-do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)


Yes. Yes you do, sir.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:33 pm
by Lord Wackruntlje
:edgeworth: I detest talk of supernatural drivel. I suppose now you'll say she (Maya) has midi-chlorians?

:edgeworth: About this picture...
:Bikini: Well look at that! I look pretty s-to-the-exy, don't you think?

:gymshoe: I know that I look like it, but i'm not a superhero.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:47 pm
by axl99
:chef: [*in the middle of giving himself some "TLC" in the kitchen]
:ack: [*walks in and freezes] M-my eyes... MY EYES!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:08 am
by IZSBHR
grim_tales wrote:
Okami Amaterasu wrote:I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto


Yeah that's right. He calls it "that 'refreshing like a spring breeze' crap".


There were a lot swears in #1. In JFA, there were a lot less.

"You're lying, dammit!" and

Spoiler: JFA
Edgeworth says "What the hell?" at one point.
It's a sad day when they leave the sex references in but don't have the fucking balls to swear.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:35 am
by grim_tales
Yeah but "hell" and "damnit" are very mild swears.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:42 am
by Escargotage
Not sure if it's been posted before. But this one caught my eye when replaying Case 5.

Spoiler: 3-5, sort of.
Upon presenting Iris to Larry during the investigation, he says something along the lines of, "C'mon, Edgey. You were a guy once. something something something."


Ahem. I lol'd. :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 am
by Doom Saber
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but I was looking at one of the topics at the Capcom forum regarding the typos in the import version and read a few post made by other AA fans that said something about a
Spoiler:
lack of the super objection in the localization and how they wished it was added for the NA release.

With that said, was the super objection ever in the original japanese version dialogue or was this not present at all, when comparing it to the previous AA games?

I have no idea what the super objection is as I have yet to play AA3(waiting for it in the mail.)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:02 am
by grim_tales
I don't know what "Super Objection" is either, it isn't in AA or JFA.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 am
by Guess_Who
Spoiler: "Super Objection"
The "super objection" is a moment in case 5 when Phoenix and Young Mia are shown objecting at the same time. The moment itself is in the English version, but it doesn't have the echoing OBJECTION! sound effect found in the original.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 am
by grim_tales
Does it really harm the game? :(
I think Capcom will put in those booming noises (can't really describe them, sorry) for when dramatic things happen.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:18 pm
by Doom Saber
Ah, okay. Thanks.

It would be nice to hear the super objection, but since I am also gettin the american version for the plushie alone, it would be cool if they added the sound clip. If not, it doesn't hurt the game like Grim says. Furthermore, after hearing the japanese sound sample on this site, it doesn't seem much though I can imagine it makes the scene more dramatic. Guess it is more of a trival thing though I would like to hear the added echoing effect if ever added in the NA release.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:46 pm
by Artemis
Spoiler: Case 3
:uramidn: Tender lender... is on your side... hee... hee... hee...

Hmm...perhaps a reference to Nationwide's motto?

Spoiler: Case 3
:igarashi: I wanted to stick my fingers up that judge's nose and yell "Objection!" in his ear!

:maya: Does that mean you wanted to be a lawyer when you grew up?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:34 pm
by Wizpig
Anyone got the exact quote of what Godot says in the second case? It's also his motto... something about Coffe being more bitter than Hell itself.
I also think there was a typo in that "motto", but... searching for it

EDIT: found
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:52 pm
by Baki-Kun
Guess_Who wrote:
Spoiler: "Super Objection"
The "super objection" is a moment in case 5 when Phoenix and Young Mia are shown objecting at the same time. The moment itself is in the English version, but it doesn't have the echoing OBJECTION! sound effect found in the original.

Sounds like a GOHAAAN moment.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:59 pm
by TheGibbeynator
I get the feeling that this game is going to be banned in Europe. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I believe I saw someone say "spaz" in there once, and if Mario Party 8 taught me anything, using the word spaz in Europe is an insta-ban.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:00 pm
by Wizpig
Europe? You mean UK, that is.
Europe is a large place, you know :P

Anyway they won't ban it.
That said: Man, guys, you aren't really Phoenix Wright fans, admit it. We got the BEST SONG in the game and no one quotes it. Yeah, i said song, because it is.

Case5:
Spoiler:
Gumshoe singing in case 5 on the Victor Kudo's theme :(
But i don't have the words... i'd love to.
Best song evah.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:13 pm
by Brandon Strong
Bikini's reference to "material girl" was funny too.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:19 pm
by TheDarkArchon
TheGibbeynator wrote:I get the feeling that this game is going to be banned in Europe. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I believe I saw someone say "spaz" in there once, and if Mario Party 8 taught me anything, using the word spaz in Europe is an insta-ban.


That's Nintendo playing self-censor again.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:36 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Brandon Strong wrote:Bikini's reference to "material girl" was funny too.

Bikini: I guess you might say I'm an immaterial girl!
Gumshoe: I guess she's living in an immaterial world, huh, Mr. Edgeworth?


Something like that.

EDIT: Awesome Case 5 quote.

Spoiler: Read above line
:franny: That's precisely why I'm here. To destroy you in a case that means so much to you!
:phoenix: ...(It's probably the fever, but...)
:oops: (She's so openly hostile that it's almost kinda cute.)

:ack: :ka-whip:
:franny: No smirking!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:19 am
by Tzibo
Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
:maya:: Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?

:keiko:: I'm sorry, that data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Acces password-protected.

:maya:: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! jatkuu...

:phoenix::No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.


See the reference? What movie's that? : D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 am
by Sebastian Stark
That reference is from 300, apparently. :P

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:12 pm
by Doom Saber
Just got the import from the mail and the spelling errors isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. I mean, I can see how things like "on," instead of "no" is overlooked, but others like "Graybeard" seems as if the localization team spells some of their words differently. However, the constant miscoloring of Ron's sentences like this (the bold parts suppose to be light grey, but I do not know how to do font colors on this site) seems abit irritiable since they I assume they were trying something like this instead where the last letter of the previous letter isn't a light grey with the rest; I guess the light grey is done as an indication that Ron is whispering.

Still, I am getting the domestic ver for that plushie

Anyways, some quotes I like are
Spoiler: references
when Mia, in the first case , she mentions the milkshake song.

I think the quote is when taking about Daliha and how the Judge and Payne are going gaga over her "It seems that her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Also, the Bennifer and Katty Tom reference is quite funny.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:35 pm
by The Sandwich
Tzibo wrote:
Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
:maya:: Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?

:keiko:: I'm sorry, that data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Acces password-protected.

:maya:: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! jatkuu...

:phoenix::No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.


See the reference? What movie's that? : D


Someone's been living under a rock.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:07 pm
by Rizuchan
There's a pretty scary amusing line from Adrian in the ending.

Spoiler: Ending
:adrian: I even got to see Ms. von Karma again after a year! She taught me how to use a whip and said I must show you [Phoenix] what I've learned...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:19 pm
by Rebel Vanguard
Rizuchan wrote:There's a pretty scary amusing line from Adrian in the ending.

Spoiler: Ending
:adrian: I even got to see Ms. von Karma again after a year! She taught me how to use a whip and said I must show you [Phoenix] what I've learned...


That quote is so hilariously awesome its not even funny.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:40 pm
by KingMobUK
DarzieP wrote:
Someone's been living under a rock.


Me too actually - I've read the comic but not seen the movie.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:41 pm
by Sebastian Stark
I personally don't care enough to watch 300...not my kinda film. XD