Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:42 am
by grim_tales
Some quotes I like in 1-4 of AA are when Gumshoe is showing Maya and Nick his secret weapons, and he's only shown them Missile and the fishing rod. I think Gumshoe says "Want to see more?" and Nick responds sarcastically "No - please, I'm already overwhelned by our choices..." :-D LOL
I also think that
Spoiler:
In 1-4 it is far more dramatic if you say there is no objection (or "Wait and see what happens" to Von Karma's stuff) - the 1st time I played the game I thought it was actual game over when the judge says "Guilty!" and then I jumped out of my skin when Larry turned up :-D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:59 pm
by Tzibo
DarzieP wrote:
Tzibo wrote:
Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
:maya:: Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?
: I'm sorry, that data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Acces password-protected.
: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! jatkuu...
:No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.
See the reference? What movie's that? : D
Someone's been living under a rock.
I kinda missed your point...?
Of course I know it's from the movie 300. -.-;
Otherwise I hadn't posted it...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:33 pm
by Mikker
grim_tales wrote:Some quotes I like in 1-4 of AA are when Gumshoe is showing Maya and Nick his secret weapons, and he's only shown them Missile and the fishing rod. I think Gumshoe says "Want to see more?" and Nick responds sarcastically "No - please, I'm already overwhelned by our choices..." :-D LOL
I also think that
Spoiler:
In 1-4 it is far more dramatic if you say there is no objection (or "Wait and see what happens" to Von Karma's stuff) - the 1st time I played the game I thought it was actual game over when the judge says "Guilty!" and then I jumped out of my skin when Larry turned up :-D
Wrong thread, dude :)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:37 pm
by The Sandwich
Mikker wrote:Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.
Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.
Good ol Capcom. At least they're willing to laugh at themselves.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:12 pm
by grim_tales
Ooops, sorry about that. Can I post that in the GS2 funny quotes thread?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:56 pm
by surasshu
This is probably the most funny passage in the game, and this alone justifies the existence of the "press" button forever: However... Luke Atmey cannot be so easily discombobulated!
Spoiler: (Press)
Umm.. What does that mean? "Discombobulated"? Hmm... Young people these days.. They really irritate me. They allow perfectly good old words to die until everyone forgets what they mean. Sorry, but what exactly DOES it mean anyway? ... Now I've forgotten. What was I saying? (Jeez. It's better than old people who forget what they were saying 5 seconds ago!) ... Well, it looks like we've cleared that up. You can go on with your testimony.
I was laughing at everything said so far, but when Godot said his line, I just lost it.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:20 pm
by SilverZephyr
grim_tales wrote:Ooops, sorry about that. Can I post that in the GS2 funny quotes thread?
If it's in GS2 ;) If not, there are several "Funniest PW1 Moments" threads floating back a few pages in the main Defendants Lobby.
On-topic: Oh. My. Lord. Not only is this the best game, but it has the best translation as well?! So many of these made me crack up when I read through. Must. Buy. Now.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:48 am
by Poltergust
Tzibo wrote:
DarzieP wrote:
Tzibo wrote:
Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
:maya:: Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?
: I'm sorry, that data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Acces password-protected.
: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! jatkuu...
:No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.
See the reference? What movie's that? : D
Someone's been living under a rock.
I kinda missed your point...?
Of course I know it's from the movie 300. -.-;
Otherwise I hadn't posted it...
He means that that quote has been posted several times already. 5 times, I believe.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:44 am
by Doom Saber
Just completed GS3 and I am quite disappointed that there is no voice sample for the Super objection moment. I have misread an eariler post on this topic, thinkin that they used the normal Objection voice sample for that moment. Wish they have done that as oppose to having no voice samples at all.
As for quotes,
Spoiler: ep3 quote by Phoenix in regards to Lisa
The ghost in the shell one when referring to Lisa was cool
Spoiler: ep 5, quote by Edgeworth when referring to Maya and her spirit medium powers
Also, I like the Star wars quote when Edgeworth thinks the Kurin technique is hogwash. In the last chapter in AA3, when you present Maya's protrait to Gumshoe, Edgeworth says something like "you going to tell me that Maya has Midi-chlorians?"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:20 pm
by Mikker
Bahahah, I just saw Maya use one of aide-court sprites when looking down at the Eagle River. Never seen any aide-sprites used out of court like that!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:46 pm
by Poltergust
^Except during 1-4, right?
Anyways, here's another quote (paraphrased):
Well, Ms. Fey? Was what he said important at all? Of course it's not important! O-Of course!? Then stop talking like you're proud of it! It's not important at all! Not one single iota, okay!? M-Mia! Behave yourself!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:28 am
by Miles Wright 114
Mikker wrote:Bahahah, I just saw Maya use one of aide-court sprites when looking down at the Eagle River. Never seen any aide-sprites used out of court like that!
She does it in 1-4 too
Spoiler: 1-4
If you pick Gumshoe's fishing rod as one of his secret weapons then when you go to Gourd lake she does that sprite when she's facing the lake
Spoiler: 3-5
Mia does it too (while being channeled by Pearl) in the defense waiting room after Maya passes out after being possessed by Dahlia
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:59 pm
by RhythmStraw
I was digging though my brother's cell phone and found this.
As they said, pictures express better than words.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:32 am
by LForLotta
Godot is soo brilliant, i think i should replay the game and write all the quotes in my not-soo-secret diary. But now, i have this one in my mind:
:you did it?
yes.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:37 am
by Artemis
Just a question: Anyone manage to get all of Gumshoe's "reggae" song?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:36 am
by Elriel
Spoiler: Gumshoe's reggae song
:gumshoe:: No motive, no crime. No motive, no crime. No motive, no crime. Sing it with me.. I remember, when we used to search... in the Channeling Room in Kurain... Good cases we have, good cases we've lost... Along the way... Every case is gonna be air tight... Every case is gonna be air tight... ... Hey, pal. How long have you been here?
: Uhh... I just got here.
Case 5 is full of hilarious quotes.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:59 pm
by Phoenix
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:34 pm
by n3m3sis42
clickmon wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
:godot: ...I decided to carry out an investigation in my own way... Godot-style! I'm the same way. I like to hand down verdicts in my own way, Judge-style! (Hmm, maybe I should ask some questions, Phoenix-style...)
This made me laugh for a while X3
This was one of my favorite quotes of the game... I mean, aside from pretty much EVERYTHING said by Edgeworth in case 5.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:43 pm
by n3m3sis42
Mikker wrote:I like how much effort they put into Lisa Basil's and the progammer's lines. I mean, it's so high-techy, but it's all correct and not-sci-fi. I actually got the majority of the programmers ramble about global variables.
I <3 global variables, BTW.
Me too, I was impressed.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:45 pm
by The Doctor
Elriel wrote:
Spoiler: Gumshoe's reggae song
:gumshoe:: No motive, no crime. No motive, no crime. No motive, no crime. Sing it with me.. I remember, when we used to search... in the Channeling Room in Kurain... Good cases we have, good cases we've lost... Along the way... Every case is gonna be air tight... Every case is gonna be air tight... ... Hey, pal. How long have you been here?
: Uhh... I just got here.
Case 5 is full of hilarious quotes.
I officially love Capcom for putting a modified Bob Marley quote in this game.
That's all I wanted to say.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:01 pm
by grim_tales
"No motive, no crime" - brilliant! I just twigged it was Bob Marley (sing it to the tune of "No Woman, No Cry") when you said that :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:40 pm
by Rizuchan
I'd go back and look up this quote, but I don't remember what case it was in or the circumstance surrounding it >< Naturally, its paraphrased.
We've never had a witness eat the evidence before! ...Well, there was that one boy a few years back... Uh...Anyway...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 pm
by Aijiru
Well, another curious moment was...
Spoiler: 3-5, paraphrased
:maya: I could only think of two things after I was hitted in the head... What things?! My name is Maya. One plus one equals two.
It was funny watching the entire court go "...?"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:52 pm
by Gwiffen
Several times Gumshoe says Ema's catchphrase "scientifically speaking." Seeing how Ema didn't exist for the original GS3, I like how the localizers added that in.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:19 am
by Artemis
Gwiffen wrote:Several times Gumshoe says Ema's catchphrase "scientifically speaking." Seeing how Ema didn't exist for the original GS3, I like how the localizers added that in.
I'd say that was coincidence, because forensics does include scientific investigation... But oh well. On an unrelated note, I love your sig.
Hmm... I found another funny typo
Spoiler: GS3-3 (Paraphrased)
Maya: It's natural to eat a of cake on New Year's!
I lol'd. Obviously, "lot" is missing. Speaking of "lot," where the hell did Lotta Hart go?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:18 am
by grim_tales
Rizuchan wrote:I'd go back and look up this quote, but I don't remember what case it was in or the circumstance surrounding it >< Naturally, its paraphrased.
We've never had a witness eat the evidence before! ...Well, there was that one boy a few years back... Uh...Anyway...
I wonder what the evidence was? :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:52 pm
by SirSprague
Speaking of "lot," where the hell did Lotta Hart go?
She dropped three years and became Dessie, of course. I mean, they have the same music and all.
There, I analyzed the evidence and made an exquisite deduction.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 am
by Guess_Who
grim_tales wrote:
Rizuchan wrote:I'd go back and look up this quote, but I don't remember what case it was in or the circumstance surrounding it >< Naturally, its paraphrased.
We've never had a witness eat the evidence before! ...Well, there was that one boy a few years back... Uh...Anyway...
I wonder what the evidence was? :D
Spoiler: 3-1
... the necklace.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:11 pm
by RadioShadow
Maya's digestive powers. XD
Spoiler: Case 5
So that's the Inner Temple up ahead, huh?
It looks kinda run-down.
Well, it wouldn't be very temple-like if it was all bright and shiny.
So you're training here tonight, huh?
Yup! Then everyone'll see my spiritual powers!
...Uuurrrgh...ggnngh...ggh...
Sounds like your stomach wants to show off its digestive powers instead...
I wonder if that roast is ready yet?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:33 am
by Baki-Kun
Can't remember the line, exactly.
Spoiler:
Has anyone mentioned that one from the third case, in which Maya claims she can't fit that amount of meat in her mouth, or something along those lines? - In regard to Gumshoe's Lunchbox.
That made me chuckle. And it was rude, too.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:10 am
by Mayhem
Yep, I mentioned that near the start of the thread heh...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 pm
by grim_tales
Sounds like one of the more adult jokes in AA :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:27 pm
by RadioShadow
Spoiler: Case 5 Again
This is the trainee's younger sister, correct?
She's cute as a button! And she seems to really love mashed potatoes and gravy!
...Oh?
She even said she was going to have the leftovers for dinner the next night...
And then she took the leftover potatoes and the whole pot of gravy with her to her room.
(That's quite an appetite for such a little girl...)
Now where have I heard 'As cute as a button' phrase before?
And I think Pearly has inherited Maya's stomach. XD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:19 am
by Guess_Who
Baki-Kun wrote:Can't remember the line, exactly.
Spoiler:
Has anyone mentioned that one from the third case, in which Maya claims she can't fit that amount of meat in her mouth, or something along those lines? - In regard to Gumshoe's Lunchbox.
That made me chuckle. And it was rude, too.
Spoiler: Picture of said quote
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:01 am
by Rizuchan
replaying case 3, I found another one.
He works at a place called Blue Screens Inc. Hey, that sounds like a real stable company!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:50 am
by BigFish
I just realized what Mia was talking about when she said the "P" didn't stand for "Phoenix".
She's sick.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:09 pm
by RadioShadow
BigFish wrote:I just realized what Mia was talking about when she said the "P" didn't stand for "Phoenix".
She's sick.
Which is what? Peenix?
Edgey loves Bikini girls!
Spoiler: Case 5
(Please don't call me, "boy".) I'm sorry to trouble you...
But I'm looking for a woman in a bikini.
{Bikini} Well, you have found her. Now, what can I do for you?
...
I'm sorry, but I don't see any bikinis...
{Bikini} Ha ha ha! If you ask nicely, I might give you a peek, big boy.
{Bikini} Wa ha ha ho ho ho!
Umm... Mr. Edgeworth?
This is the head nun, Sister Bikini... She's the witness.
...
Why didn't you tell me that earlier!?
This is exactly why your salary keeps on getting cut!
Nngh... My stomach is already growling in protest...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:45 am
by grim_tales
I don't get that either. What does the "P" mean then?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:02 am
by Mayhem
In my mind it was either that or sounds like "wussy"...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)