YAY I want to kiss you in the open mouthRopfa wrote:I was hoping to get T-Con released alongside Pywright .989, but it's taking a bit longer than I was expecting (not blaming anyone, I'm sure everybody's busy in real life and has more important things to work on than Phoenix Wright). So, I'm going to be releasing the first half of T-Consequences later this week, after I run through the case a final time.
The reason I was holding back for .989 is that this update incorporates the clicking SFX whenever you select something in the menu, list, or the court record. I edited all my cases so that the sounds wouldn't play twice. This means that if you don't have .989, there will be no clicking SFX at all. However, as T-Con will be released before .989 comes out, I've readded the SFX into that case. All the others cases (ATIWATW, TRT, and TOTW) are currently sound effect-less and will remain so until .989 is released. I assume that most people who play T-Con will already have played the others, so it won't be an issue (plus, the SFX are cosmetic additions anyway). When .989 is eventually released, I'll update the case to remove the SFX again.
PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)
Sorry for the double post, but... OMG CAN'T CONTAIN SELF
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Okay, here it is - the first half of T-Consequences.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c9ef ... st1.42.zip
Special thanks to Cardiovore, Darth Wiader, DWAM, and OmegaVitaminC for helping beta-test.
Once again, have fun! Please post your thoughts and theories once you're finished (use spoiler tags, obviously).
YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST VERSION OF PYWRIGHT FOR THIS!!!
This game uses several features from the latest version of Pywright (0.9880). If you don't have that version, the cases will not run optimally. In fact, it's guaranteed that you will run into a few major bugs unless you're up-to-date.
More information on the first post if you need it.
Things that I've updated since last time:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c9ef ... st1.42.zip
Special thanks to Cardiovore, Darth Wiader, DWAM, and OmegaVitaminC for helping beta-test.
Once again, have fun! Please post your thoughts and theories once you're finished (use spoiler tags, obviously).
YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST VERSION OF PYWRIGHT FOR THIS!!!
This game uses several features from the latest version of Pywright (0.9880). If you don't have that version, the cases will not run optimally. In fact, it's guaranteed that you will run into a few major bugs unless you're up-to-date.
More information on the first post if you need it.
Things that I've updated since last time:
Spoiler: list of edits
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Playing it, now get onto the second half, NO BREAKS, BREAKS ARE FOR WEAK
-
discipledoctor
- Suspect

- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:02 pm
- Custom Title: Turnabout RPG Developer
- Location: Illinois
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
I'm not super far in, but this is real great so far. I loved the little questions you put into Case 5.
Anyway, why the crap am I posting this? It's go time.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by discipledoctor on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
I'd say, release 2nd half BEFORE Unknown. If these cases' plots really are as connected as you say, then releasing 2nd half of T-Consequences would leave some more room for theorizing as to what will happen in T-Unknown. But that's just only my opinion.The current goal is to release the final 1.5 cases together, although I MIGHT change my mind later and release the second half of T-Consequences earlier.
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
I agree with Darth here, it's like Releasing 2 movies, It's better to do one after the other and announce them at the same time, gives better theory potentialDarth Wiader wrote:I'd say, release 2nd half BEFORE Unknown. If these cases' plots really are as connected as you say, then releasing 2nd half of T-Consequences would leave some more room for theorizing as to what will happen in T-Unknown. But that's just only my opinion.The current goal is to release the final 1.5 cases together, although I MIGHT change my mind later and release the second half of T-Consequences earlier.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
discipledoctor wrote:Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Ropfa wrote:discipledoctor wrote:Spoiler:Spoiler:
Theory TIME! I may have figured a significant portion of the case out...
Spoiler:
-
megamike15
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 123
- Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:51 am
- Custom Title: the fire mage
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
i just finished it and enjoyed what i have played. i have this sinking feeling this case is either not gonna end well or it's a trap.
now i have not played bridge to the turn about in awhile so it may just be me miss remembering things but
now i have not played bridge to the turn about in awhile so it may just be me miss remembering things but
Spoiler:
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Nomegamike15 wrote:i just finished it and enjoyed what i have played. i have this sinking feeling this case is either not gonna end well or it's a trap.
now i have not played bridge to the turn about in awhile so it may just be me miss remembering things but
Spoiler:
-
Lemming20
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
I hope fuandon makes an lets play of this.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
megamike15 wrote:Spoiler:
Spoiler: Bridge to the Turnabout
Me too. However, he doesn't really seem to be posting any videos at all lately, nor has he updated his Twitter or Tumblr. I'm not sure if it's only technical issues or if real life kicked in or something... But it might be worth it to just download Pywright and play it.Lemming20 wrote:I hope fuandon makes an lets play of this.
Anybody know what happened to him?
-
Lemming20
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
No he didnt made a sound in 2 months. Im a little worried about him. I hope hes okay.
-
Grandy
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Will be brief, third time writing and forum keeps crashing, sorry if seem rude, need help in rogue turnabout
Spoiler:
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
So, heres my theory and ranting from the first 15min of playing, I had to stop cause it's 00:45/12:45 at midnight and Im super tierd.
Hope you like my rant and also, Happy Easter to you! 
Spoiler:
Hope you like my rant and
Spoiler:

NYAN
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
The port file isn't for just T-Con, it's for ALL the cases. So Books', Woman's, Parker's, and everybody else's sprites are in there too.The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
I'm sorry, what is this referring to? Is it Gladys Porter's name?The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:Spoiler:
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
-
Grandy
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
I'm sorry if you already had this fixed and I'm running an older version of the case or something (downloaded it last week using the android version auto download thing), but Rogue Turnabout has a glitch that makes it unbeatable; worse still, the glitch happens on the first day but only affects the trial of the second one, so you can't just go back and fix it right away.
The glitch (just using that word because I cant think of a better one, but it seems to be just a dialogue path you seem to have missed) happens if you
And I'm fairly sure I managed to skip another scene, but I'm not sure this one would make the game unbeatable, like the first one.
The glitch (just using that word because I cant think of a better one, but it seems to be just a dialogue path you seem to have missed) happens if you
Spoiler:
And I'm fairly sure I managed to skip another scene
Spoiler:
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Ah, crap... These Rogue Turnabout glitches just keep turning up. Just edited both of them and the fixed version will be in the next update. Until then, just remember to talk to Cody before doing the puzzle. Thanks.Grandy wrote:Glitches
-
Grandy
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
No prob, really liking the cases despite it, too.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
-
Uncritical Mass
- Suspect

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:58 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Stupid question: I've completed the other three cases previously and now I've downloaded the new one. What do I have to do to actually make it work? I have it as a .zip and a .cpgz; what do I do now?
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Just unzip the file and put the new folder into the Games subfolder of Pywright, the same you did with the first cases. Just replace the old version with the new one.
Spoiler: T-Con
-
KidoFS_Kaitou
- Suspect

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm
- Custom Title: Only one truth, and I will explode it.
-
The_Turnabout_Guy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 pm
- Custom Title: NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN
- Location: Finland
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Alright, I'm here to say my full 500,000,000,000 word theory and by the divines I wish some co-arguments to this.
Now that's done with I have to say that unless it's the last one Im just gonna yell, "Called it!" 
And yes, I doubt it's eny of these and also as a compleatly unrelated note here...
Spoiler:
And yes, I doubt it's eny of these and also as a compleatly unrelated note here...
Spoiler:

NYAN
-
jolly_old_saint
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm
- Location: Space is the place
- Contact:
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Haven't gotten through it, but I still love the writing. The medal's a nice touch, Phoenix could use a trophy closet like Sam & Max.
Spoiler:
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
jolly_old_saint wrote:Haven't gotten through it, but I still love the writing. The medal's a nice touch, Phoenix could use a trophy closet like Sam & Max.Spoiler:
XD love that show
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Ha. Sam and Max is actually where I got the idea to start leaving in remnants from all the past cases. I also went back and edited both Rogue Turnabout and TOTW so that they now have Kylie Washington's autograph hanging on the wall.jolly_old_saint wrote:Haven't gotten through it, but I still love the writing. The medal's a nice touch, Phoenix could use a trophy closet like Sam & Max.
-
OrderOfTheNick
- Suspect

- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
So I was playing through A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words, and this happened:
Spoiler: big picture
Spoiler: ATIWATW SPOILERS
Last edited by OrderOfTheNick on Thu May 08, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Hmm... That's weird. I would guess it has something to do with the evidence.txt file. I've seen it do similar things before, but it didn't have the pictures then.OrderOfTheNick wrote:So I was playing through A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words, and this happened:Spoiler: big picture
I just played the first few minutes of that case and nothing was wrong for me. It MIGHT have something to do with loading/reloading saves or messing with the intro.txt file, but don't quote me on that. Since those are the only two pieces of evidence you mentioned, I'm guessing that you're still at the very beginning? I'd try starting the case again. If it happens again, let me know. However, there's a chance it might fix itself, if it indeed has something to do with save files.
And I should probably ask, even though I don't think it's the issue... What version of Pywright are you running? And what version of Conflict of Interest?
Edit: You're doing it on Android? I've never played on that, but it's possible it might have something to do with that system. Android Pywright is pretty new, so there may be a few kinks still left in it.
-
OrderOfTheNick
- Suspect

- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Actually, it worked fine on Android. The problem only showed up on my laptop(running windows 7). I'm playing the newest version of CoI(just downloaded it today) on the newest Pywright version (9880, I think).Ropfa wrote:Hmm... That's weird. I would guess it has something to do with the evidence.txt file. I've seen it do similar things before, but it didn't have the pictures then.OrderOfTheNick wrote:So I was playing through A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words, and this happened:Spoiler: big picture
I just played the first few minutes of that case and nothing was wrong for me. It MIGHT have something to do with loading/reloading saves or messing with the intro.txt file, but don't quote me on that. Since those are the only two pieces of evidence you mentioned, I'm guessing that you're still at the very beginning? I'd try starting the case again. If it happens again, let me know. However, there's a chance it might fix itself, if it indeed has something to do with save files.
And I should probably ask, even though I don't think it's the issue... What version of Pywright are you running? And what version of Conflict of Interest?
Edit: You're doing it on Android? I've never played on that, but it's possible it might have something to do with that system. Android Pywright is pretty new, so there may be a few kinks still left in it.
On an unrelated note, when I extracted the game, I got an error. It worked fine, though.
EDIT: Well, restarting the case on my laptop fixed the error. Can't be anything major, I guess.
EDIT AGAIN:In investigations, there are times when there's no music. I miss the opening investigation theme. Not saying that it needs to be there, it's just a suggestion.
EDIT ONCE AGAIN: In The Rogue Turnabout, before the first testimony, the prosecutor has the defense bench as a background for one line.
-
OrderOfTheNick
- Suspect

- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Spoiler: Turnabout Consequences
-
Haawke
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 127
- Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 pm
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Hey, someone created a CoI TV Tropes page:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... OfInterest
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... OfInterest
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availa
Hey, that's awesome! It's always been on my bucket list to have a wiki article made about me. Does this count?
Looks like somebody made one for Contempt of Court as well.
Looks like somebody made one for Contempt of Court as well.


