Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 pm
by The Sandwich
Mayhem wrote:In my mind it was either that or sounds like "wussy"...
Oh come on. It's the internet, you don't need censorship.
PUSSY
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:15 pm
by Baki-Kun
DarzieP wrote:PUSSY
This thread sure could use some more, that's for sure.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:58 am
by Mayhem
Heh don't worry I can swear like a trooper most of the time, I was just doing a sarcastic allude to the real word... seeing if people could at least figure that part out
//rolls off the Cheech Marin "pussy" speech from Dusk Till Dawn heh...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 am
by Baki-Kun
My favourite is Apple Pie.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:40 am
by grim_tales
Does "pussy" have the same meaning in the US as Europe then? The Cheech "pussy" speech in FDTD is funny :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:42 am
by KingMobUK
Yes it has the same meaning although arguably it's ruder in the US than it is in the UK. Same for T--t, which is mild over here but apparently quite rude over there.
Where we diverge is on the issue of Fannies.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:11 pm
by LuigiHann
grim_tales wrote:Does "pussy" have the same meaning in the US as Europe then? The Cheech "pussy" speech in FDTD is funny :D
I don't know if they use this meaning in Europe, but over here it's often used also to call a man a coward or wimp. I'd assume that's what it refers to in this context.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:42 pm
by grim_tales
Yeah, I've heard it used as an insult in that way. It can be ruder though, both over here (UK) and over there (US). The fanny thing is confusing.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:19 pm
by ShyTenda
I'm suddenly reminded of the "Dicks, pussies, and assholes" speech....
Can we get this thread back on topic? What's Edgey's first reaction to a "psycholock"?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:29 pm
by The Sandwich
ShyTenda wrote:Can we get this thread back on topic?
For that...
There are three kinds of people in the world. Dicks, pussies and assholes. Pussies don’t like dicks because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. Assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck a asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is they fuck too much or fuck when it isn’t appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are a inch and half away from assholes. I don’t know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this. If you don't let us fuck this asshole we’re going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:40 pm
by Baki-Kun
LuigiHann wrote:
grim_tales wrote:Does "pussy" have the same meaning in the US as Europe then? The Cheech "pussy" speech in FDTD is funny :D
I don't know if they use this meaning in Europe, but over here it's often used also to call a man a coward or wimp. I'd assume that's what it refers to in this context.
Yeah. I've heard of the term wussy, but I wouldn't say I've ever heard it used in public.
Always reminds me of the prior discussion, though.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:10 pm
by LuigiHann
I liked Godot's "Before you ask, no. We didn't find a catapult" line.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 pm
by Mikker
Phoenix examining the string of flags in the Heavenly Hall:
- That stuff is really ruining the beutiful atmosphere arround here. - It's so inappropriate. - Like sister Bikini in a bikini! *shudder* ...I gotta think of the kittens...
YOU WHAT NOW?!
THINK OF THE KITTENS?!
ARE YOU REFERING TO THIS?!
YOU SHUDDER AND THEN THINK ABOUT WETHER OR NOT TO MASTURBATE OVER BIKINI?!?!?!?!?!
SORRY SIR, BUT THAT IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:22 pm
by Feolys
Spoiler:
:edgeworth: I have a feeling that she's hiding something...
Could be... After all, she's shy and gets embarrassed pretty easily.
...I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Why not? Look, I know all about this kind of thing. C'mon Edgey... You were a guy once! Lots of girls are like Iris. You know I'm right!
Aha, you were a guy "once"...XDDDDDD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:28 pm
by EricaP
Does Desiree or Elise or Adrian say anything cool?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:39 am
by The Doctor
For some reason, I thought this was funny:
Spoiler: Case Five, not really spoilers, but I'm a wimp.
Phoenix: (Ugh... It's a whole different type of cold up here in the mountains! Argh... Why couldn't the nearest bathroom be just a little closer to my room...?) ???: ...Mr. Wright? Phoenix: Yaaaaaaah! Oh! Ah, Ms. Deauxnim! Are you going to use the bathroom, too? Elise: Um, no. But... Have you seen Pearl? ---(A few minutes later)--- Phoenix: Ah...! S-Sister Iris...! Iris: G... G-Good evening...Um, are you on your way to the bathroom too, Mr. Wright?
No idea why, but I found it funny. And another one, from Case 4 She's a female college student! A female college student, eh. It means she's "female" AND a "college student", sir!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:03 am
by kman
A little late, but did anyone read that interview in where they interview one of the translators for GS?
*shudders*
And I think the biggest change that was made to a character is Dr. Hotti. I’ll leave it up to you dedicated fans to figure out what he said in the original about Pearl…
*Shudders*
fdsa;lksjdf
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:15 am
by The Doctor
He didn't say much... It's a lot less disturbing than you think.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:39 am
by The Sandwich
dmacmattack wrote::sadshoe: He's a real ice man, a maverick. (describing godot)
If I hadn't watched Top Gun last night, I wouldn't have gotten that. XD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 pm
by Mikker
Has this already been mentioned?
: She flew just like that! Whoosh! Just like that guy with the red underwair!
Is this superman we're talking about here?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 pm
by Poltergust
LuigiHann wrote:I liked Godot's "Before you ask, no. We didn't find a catapult" line.
To tell you the truth, I actually thought about the possibility of a catapult! I was so shocked that Godot actually mentioned it. XD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:53 pm
by Artemis
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet!
Bikini: We have special holy items prepared here to help people boost their spiritual power. : H-holy items...? Bikini: If you train an entire evening surrounded by these items... Aaah. It's quite mysterious. The spiritual power of these items seems to envelop you. Wa ha ha ha. : (Wow, she must have just got off the trolley from the land of make-believe...)
Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, anyone?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 pm
by Happiness Punch!
Case 3-2. Present Phoenix's profile to Maya.
When did you first get that porcupine cut?
...Um, it's been like this ever since I was a little kid.
What!? You mean that's the way your hair is naturally!? I thought you had some sort of special "Phoenix Cut" deal with the barber. I mean... You usually only see hair like that in a video game.
(Is my hair really that weird looking?)
I laughed out loud. And this proves Phoenix doesn't use hair gel after all.
EDIT: The quote's been posted already, dargh. Well, then here's another one.
Spoiler: Case 3-5
When you have to prove that Elise would under no circumstances kill Maya, choosing the wrong evidence.
Hmmm... Well, Mr.Godot? If you ask me...the only thing that seems strange is the angle of Mr.Wright's index finger. Eh... Sticking your finger in an electrical outlet might be safer for you. Otherwise it might get bitten off the next time you poke it in the wrong place!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:21 pm
by The Sandwich
Happiness Punch! wrote::godot: Sticking your finger in an electrical outlet might be safer for you. Otherwise it might get bitten off the next time you poke it in the wrong place!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:28 am
by Byakko
Does Desiree or Elise or Adrian say anything cool?
Adrian has some cold ice-queen lines in GS2 (imo anyway). But she spazzes a lot in GS3. They could pretty much have used a new character for her role in the case, so she's more of a cameo and doesn't have neat lines.
Desiree...well I found her whole re-telling of how she met and fell in love with Ron hilarious, but mostly because of Ron ^^ And the cutscene image was nice XDD (btw, anyone can rip that? It's priceless XD)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:19 am
by Byakko
Not sure if this has been said but...this is something from Case 5 (which I'm so happy that I'm playing as Edgeqorth SQUEEE)
Fangirls, read THIS:
Spoiler:
Do...Do I really inspire such frothing desire from masses of women?
I'm slightly paraphrasing, but he DOES say 'frothing' and 'masses'.
Edit: OH GAWD! Forgive my double-post! For I am shamed...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:26 am
by axl99
to in 3-1: Oooh... You've really lit a fire in my heart... And my buttocks!
LAWL!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:23 pm
by Wrestler Hatman
Yep. Judge's Brother's Canadian as can be... and Edgeworth picks up on it in 3-4.
Spoiler: lol Canada
Edgeworth: ...his glorious hockey beard, pride of the Legal League, would be wet, but not muddy!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:42 pm
by Cevian
My favorite reference so far. From Cross Examining Atmey:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:10 pm
by Geodude
(examine the chemistry set in the Atmey Detective Agency) : This desk is literally covered with all sorts of chemistry equipment. : Oh, I just love chemistry! Say, Nick, I bet you didn't know this, but...Water is made up of carbon and hydrogen! : No, no, no. Not carbon! Oxygen! Oxygen and hydrogen! : Oh? Well, there are always alternative theories, I guess. : (If by "alternative theories" you mean the ones you make up inside that head of yours.)
(examine the corpse outline in the CEO's Office in case 2) : This rope...You think it fell out of the safe when it was opened? : I don't think so. : So, you mean...? : Yeah, I think this string shows where and how the corpse was lying. : Y-Y-You mean...The victim... H-He was killed by being crushed by the safe door? : (Sh-She can't be serious... Can she...?)
: So you're going to try to connect Detective Atmey to Mr. Bullard, right? : Y-Yeah, that's right. Hopefully it won't require surgery either...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:57 pm
by JoshAckermann9
I found 2 really funny ones in Case 5 which go something like this
Spoiler:
Gumshoe: At the end of every month, I like to relax in my apartment, in the candlelight. Edgeworth: Is that becuse you can't afford your electricity bills? Gumshoe: H-How did you know?
and after the trial
Spoiler:
Von Karma: I wonder how the head nun is holding up? Phoenix: Oh, wow. Is that an inkling of human kindness I hear? Von Karma: How much pain do you like to cause with that sharp tongue of yours? Phoenix: (Not as much pain as you cause with that leathery whip of yours.)
Something like that anyway
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:23 pm
by T3h_Waffleman
I'm more savage than a macho man right now!
But is he randy?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:25 pm
by Geodude
: "The name's Police Department Detective. Occupation, Dick Gumshoe."
: So the particular feature you recognize about the waitress is... her outfit!? But anyone could wear just such a uniform! Even me! : Mr. Wright! Please spare the court of any further mental anguish from that image.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:06 am
by QBnoYouko
Dunno if this was already brought up but Capcom changed Maya's name for MC Bomber in the NA release. Instead of saying "MC Hummer" she now says "MC Screwdriver."
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:18 pm
by Wrestlemania
Whenever I want to enter the courthouse, I always walk through the front doors. (How else would you enter? Teleportation!?)
Just another example of the Judge's stupidity.
And I KNOW this one was previously said but..........
"Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" (describing Dahlia)
... alright, I hate that quote... okay, hate is a bit of an understatement. It's more like while that quote's on-screen, I put it down and yell at my DS, saying "NO!!! F*** NO!!!" etc.
......... more later?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:35 pm
by Tzibo
Even now, I don't really understand the milkshake-quote. Could someone explain it to me?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:16 pm
by Elriel
Tzibo wrote:Even now, I don't really understand the milkshake-quote. Could someone explain it to me?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:44 pm
by Elriel
I suppose she said that because Dahlia was controlling the Judge and Payne with her charms. By the way... does anybody know what Mia said in the Japanese version about Dahlia?
PD: Read what the Wikipedia article about Milkshake says:
Wikipedia wrote:In addition, Mia Fey from the video game Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations said "We all know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" referring to a witness in the first trial.
It seems that this will become one of the game most famous quotes...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:03 pm
by Wrestler Hatman
QBnoYouko wrote:Dunno if this was already brought up but Capcom changed Maya's name for MC Bomber in the NA release. Instead of saying "MC Hummer" she now says "MC Screwdriver."
At least they could have said a "Hummertime" joke.
Well, here's a nother Judge's Brother quote:
Judge's brother - Refrain from whipping me, Ms. von Karma! Cross-whipping is as bad as cross-checking.
Okay, they REALLY laid it on thick with the hockey references...
Another good one that was likely reported earlier:
Edgey: Are... Franny: ...you... Judgey: High! She's really high up in this picture!