The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
Poltergust
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Custom Title: A Kodac moment.
Location: Yeah, right...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Poltergust »

Geodude wrote:(examine the corpse outline in the CEO's Office in case 2)
:maya: : This rope...You think it fell out of the safe when it was opened?
:phoenix: : I don't think so.
:maya: : So, you mean...?
:phoenix: : Yeah, I think this string shows where and how the corpse was lying.
:maya: : Y-Y-You mean...The victim... H-He was killed by being crushed by the safe door?
:phoenix: : (Sh-She can't be serious... Can she...?)

I just realized, I think that Case 1-5 references this (as it references all three games). Here is what I remember of the quote:

:ema: So this is where the body was, huh?
:phoenix: Yeah...
:ema: So... wait! The murderer must have killed him by slamming the trunk door on him!
:nick-sweat: ... (You have got to be the only person who would think that...)

Apparently not! :keiko:

What was said in the Japanese version of the game? Maybe 1-5 referenced that!

By the way, how can I turn my text into a different color? I want the thinking quotes to be blue!
Image

:object:Marquees are fun...:whip:
Wrestlemania
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Custom Title: Ready to RAWK!?
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Wrestlemania »

I wonder... why the hell do they continue the "Step-ladder" running gag each game??? I always found that weird. (It's in the basement of the museum in 3-2, and I THINK in at least one more place...)
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
LuigiHann
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:33 pm
Custom Title: Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by LuigiHann »

Wrestlemania wrote:I wonder... why the hell do they continue the "Step-ladder" running gag each game???


...

Because that's what running gags do. They run.
Image
JoshAckermann9
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by JoshAckermann9 »

Wrestlemania wrote:I wonder... why the hell do they continue the "Step-ladder" running gag each game??? I always found that weird. (It's in the basement of the museum in 3-2, and I THINK in at least one more place...)

Yeah, it's in Hazakura temple. Then Gumshoe talks about the cabbage man or something of what I remember.
Image
TheRedPriest
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 pm
Custom Title: Bitter Old Man
Location: Home

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TheRedPriest »

The Doctor wrote:He didn't say much...
It's a lot less disturbing than you think.

... dammit. Now I just HAVE to know what he said >_>
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Wrestlemania
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Custom Title: Ready to RAWK!?
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Wrestlemania »

TheRedPriest wrote:
The Doctor wrote:He didn't say much...
It's a lot less disturbing than you think.

... dammit. Now I just HAVE to know what he said >_>


I'll be honest... I agree. At least, since The Doctor said that it's less disturbing than I think... although I wonder now, HOW less??? lol.

In reply to the second-to-last poster (before my post), aye, I saw a stepladder in Hazakura temple... although I also think that at one point, someone else says Phoenix's lines regarding it... but I am unsure. I'll replay the case soon though. lol.
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
LuigiHann
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:33 pm
Custom Title: Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by LuigiHann »

TheRedPriest wrote:
The Doctor wrote:He didn't say much...
It's a lot less disturbing than you think.

... dammit. Now I just HAVE to know what he said >_>


viewtopic.php?p=48212#p48212
Image
Wrestlemania
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Custom Title: Ready to RAWK!?
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Wrestlemania »

Well, nothing is IMPLIED... I guess................... I shall still shudder regardless. *shudders*.
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Geodude
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:15 pm
Custom Title: the Rock Pokemon

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Geodude »

:franny: : *whips Larry* You huffy, puffy, loosey-goosey excuse for a whimpering whining wuss of a witness!
Luna
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 am
Custom Title: Vampire Prosecutor
Location: Sandwiched between Edgey and Phoenix, and loving every minute of it.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Luna »

Funny quotes go here right? Cause man I swear they get funnier with each Turnabout. I have to say my fave so far is from 3-2:
Spoiler: 3-2
:godot: Men are like colonies of bacteria. The more heat you apply, the faster they grow.
:phoenix: Th-that's right!
:godot: Well then, feel free to keep up the heat, my little lawyer amigo!
And another:
:nick: *to Godot* I'd like to show him a fast and powerful attack!
If you know yaoi, then you'll understand where my mind went. XD
Image
Thanks Elriel for the wonderful Edgey siggy and the beautiful Phoenix/Edgeworth avy!
Artwork from avatar drawn by Yamamura Tatsuya
<3shobohodo
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by <3shobohodo »

Too many awesome/funny quotes to list! xD
I loved Gumshoe's "As they say, 'the plot thickens'..."
TheRedPriest
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 pm
Custom Title: Bitter Old Man
Location: Home

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TheRedPriest »


...wow. Thanks. With the "squeeze" animation and grin, that is indeed still disturbing...
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Elriel
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:46 pm
Custom Title: Shaaaaaaak!
Location: Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Elriel »

Luke likes Led Zeppelin!:
Image
Led Zeppelin wrote:Oh let the sun beat down upon my face,
And stars fill my dreams.
I am a traveller of both time and space,
To be where I have been.
To sit with elders of a gentle race,
This world has seldom seen.
They talk of days for which they sit and wait,
All will be revealed.



Another 3-2 quote:
[Present the Sacred Urn to Maya.]
:phoenix: : Is this thing really that valuable? It looks kinda... well... junky,i f you ask me.
:maya: : But it's got the soul of Mystic Ami, the founder of our channeling technique!
:phoenix: : So how much do you think you could get for it?
:maya: : What!? Sell the Sacred Urn!? You know, I never thought about that...
:maya: : Hey Pearly... Make a note of that.
:maya: : "Ways to Save Money, Tip 109: Sell treasures whenever possible."
:pearl: : ... Whenever possible, check!
Geodude
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:15 pm
Custom Title: the Rock Pokemon

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Geodude »

:godot: : So I decided to carry out an investigation in my own way...Godot-style!
:udgy: : I'm the same way. I like to hand down verdicts in my own way, Judge-style!
:phoenix: : (Hmm, maybe I should ask some questions, Phoenix-style...)
DetectiveTomDamron
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by DetectiveTomDamron »

:judge: Youre getting a penalty Mr. Wright whether you like it or not!
:nick-sweat: (Thank you sir may i have another?)
:gumshoe: HOLD IT! OBJECTION! *points like phoenix* (Couldnt help myself i just loved it)
Image
Connor?!
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:55 am
Custom Title: ?!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Connor?! »

"I-I'm a spoon!? I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!"
Holy Hell wrote:
Raven Darkheart wrote:it is when you look underneath the underneath
It's not a hole in the wall. It is a wall surrounding a hole.
DetectiveTomDamron
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by DetectiveTomDamron »

Connor?! wrote:"I-I'm a spoon!? I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!"

FF4 quote XD pure win
Image
Elriel
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:46 pm
Custom Title: Shaaaaaaak!
Location: Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Elriel »

Spoiler: 3-2: When Ronnie met Dessie
Image
Somebody has to draw Ron attacking the robbers.
Luna
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 am
Custom Title: Vampire Prosecutor
Location: Sandwiched between Edgey and Phoenix, and loving every minute of it.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Luna »

The whole SPARDA reference/usage in 3-3. God that was hilarious and well done too.
Image
Thanks Elriel for the wonderful Edgey siggy and the beautiful Phoenix/Edgeworth avy!
Artwork from avatar drawn by Yamamura Tatsuya
Sheer
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:34 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sheer »

:phoenix: This testimony has more holes than the movie, "The Grid: Revolutions!"


:udgy: Ruh roh!
Silver 9
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:25 am
Custom Title: Mmm...grape juice...
Location: Hiding places
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Silver 9 »

:judge: Yo hablo Espanol, Mr. Armstrong, and "Por favor" is Spanish.

...I seriously stopped playing to share...it caught me *that* off guard. :moe-laugh:

EDIT:
:nick-sweat: (What do they always say in the movies... "I've got a bad feeling about this...")
cooljammer00
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:25 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by cooljammer00 »

Sheer wrote::phoenix: This testimony has more holes than the movie, "The Grid: Revolutions!"


:udgy: Ruh roh!



you know, i googled that movie. i couldnt find anything on it
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Guess_Who »

It's a reference to The Matrix Revolutions, the third in a trilogy of the most plothole-laden movies ever made.
Hypotenuse Man
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:44 am
Custom Title: Doing the things a hypotenuse can

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Hypotenuse Man »

Edgeworth - (Thank god for inner monologues.)

It's so true. P:
Elriel
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:46 pm
Custom Title: Shaaaaaaak!
Location: Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Elriel »

Image
Oh, Mia... not everybody is like you...
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

That is a very disturbing mental image I have :o
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Elriel
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:46 pm
Custom Title: Shaaaaaaak!
Location: Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Elriel »

Maybe she says that because the Judge was canalized by a spirit medium or something... Nah, making it look less disturbing is impossible...

I found another Waiting for Godot reference in 3-2.
:udgy: Godot! I warned you about making me wait! Now put the coffee down!
Wrestlemania
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Custom Title: Ready to RAWK!?
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Wrestlemania »

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet but.......

(Lines)

Winston Payne: (flipping hair) Ms. Fey! I will not allow you to badger this witness!

Mia Fey: (glares at Payne) …

Winston Payne: (standing straight) I-I believe the defense is engaged in a-a… fishing expedition.

Mia Fey: (glares at Payne) …

Winston Payne: (sweating) That is… Err… She has no supporting…

Mia Fey: (glares at Payne) …

Winston Payne: (sweating) P-Please don’t glare at me like that…! I-I’m just doing my job!

(End lines)

Oh, Winston, will you ever NOT be easily rattled?

Also........

Say this ten times fast:

Luke Atmey: Motive, Mr. Wright! Motive! Might you my merry murderous motive manifest?
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
DetectiveTomDamron
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by DetectiveTomDamron »

oh i got one if anyone hasnt said this one its just the specific words i remember

:godot: to :franny: Know your roll and shut your mouth
Image
Luna
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 am
Custom Title: Vampire Prosecutor
Location: Sandwiched between Edgey and Phoenix, and loving every minute of it.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Luna »

One of my favorite lines so far:
In 3-5, Present Iris's Profile to Gumshoe:
:eh?: Well everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir... Maybe she's an old girlfriend that you sent to Dumpsville, when you were younger.

:wacky-edgy: D-Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from!?

:eh?: I didn't hear it from anyone. It's just sorta how I imagine you to be...sir.

:wacky-edgy: D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?

Oh Edgey-kins, you have NO IDEA!! :hotti:

Wait I got one more:

Spoiler: just to be safe also from 3-5
:edgy: Psycholocks!!
Image
Thanks Elriel for the wonderful Edgey siggy and the beautiful Phoenix/Edgeworth avy!
Artwork from avatar drawn by Yamamura Tatsuya
squints1318
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:19 pm
Custom Title: Commander Shepard

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by squints1318 »

How about the toilet thing? What's with Phoenix and cleaning the toilet?
Silver 9
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:25 am
Custom Title: Mmm...grape juice...
Location: Hiding places
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Silver 9 »

'cause...he...likes cleaning toilets?
Also, new quote:

Bikini: I guess you could call me an "immaterial girl"!
:gymshoe: I guess she lives in an immaterial world, huh Mr. Edgeworth?

They pull these things from everywhere, don't they? :wacky-edgy:
Geodude
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:15 pm
Custom Title: the Rock Pokemon

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Geodude »

Spoiler: 3-5 spoilers
:wacky-edgy: : Is there some sort of Kick-Me sign attached to the defense bench?
Wrestlemania
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Custom Title: Ready to RAWK!?
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Wrestlemania »

Lemme check.... I have a BUNCH of quotes. lol.

Spoiler: 3-3
Using the dark, aromatic depths of coffee to conceal the poison… Classy lady! – Gumshoe’s first testimony, case 3-3.


:udgy:: No, no, no! Witnesses aren’t permitted to eat evidence. Not that the ever would!
:udgy: …
:judge: Well, there’s was a case once, where a young lad ate--
:ack: (smacks desk) A-Anyway! – Furio Tigre 2nd testimony.
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
DetectiveTomDamron
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by DetectiveTomDamron »

um i think psycholocks might have come from psychonauts maybe? (i dunno i just guessed since they sounds similar)

Also I loved the fact that edgey couldnt do oragami as a kid lol never thought he could cry O.o
Image
Jenna_Darknight
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:44 am
Custom Title: DON'T INTERRUPT ME, JUSTICE!!!
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Jenna_Darknight »

(I don't know if this has been quoted, but it makes me chuckle anyways.)

:youngmia: ~( Well, we know whose Milksake birngs all the boys to the yard!)

Thank you capcom for the worst/awesomest line ever. and Phoenix's horrific pink sweater.
Image (thanks to Vickinator for the awesome sig and avatar.)
Mysticgamer
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 am
Custom Title: Mystic Lawyer

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Mysticgamer »

My favorite quote was from Phoenix... This plot has more holes in it than that movie The Grid: Revelations!
Wrestlemania
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Custom Title: Ready to RAWK!?
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Wrestlemania »

New quote... I dislike this quote, actually, and I assume someone already posted this but....... there's no "Worst line in the game?" topic, and I'm not making one:

Judge’s Brother: You look as scrumptous as a double-double and a dozen doughnut holes…

Judge’s Brother: I feel like I want to hurry up and hand down a verdict just to have a bite…

Okay, as a Canadian, I'll say this: Firstly, I copied this STRAIGHT from the game: Scrumptous is bad spelling.

And secondly, we call "doughnut holes" something else up here, namely, "Timbits", much like many people call "Tissue Paper" by the brand name, "Kleenex".

Also, I know NO ONE who says "Brootal" like the judge. *grumbles*.
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Luna
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 am
Custom Title: Vampire Prosecutor
Location: Sandwiched between Edgey and Phoenix, and loving every minute of it.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Luna »

New quotes all from 3-5:

Spoiler: spoilered to be safe if no one is this far
:franny: *at Larry* You huffy, puffy, loosey-goosey excuse for a whimpering whining wuss of a witness!

Try saying that line of hers 5 times fast.

Also at Larry:
:wacky-edgy: ARE...
:whip: YOU...
:judges little brother: High! The girl...she's really high up in this picture.

Bwahahaha I laughed so hard on that one.

:franny: "Accessory to foolishness..." Miles Edgeworth

Aww Franny don't be so mean to your "little brother". Heck she even whips him at one point.
Image
Thanks Elriel for the wonderful Edgey siggy and the beautiful Phoenix/Edgeworth avy!
Artwork from avatar drawn by Yamamura Tatsuya
Joebucks
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:56 pm
Custom Title: Ask about my avatar for a chilling story
Location: Ohio, the King of America
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Joebucks »

Geodude wrote:(examine the chemistry set in the Atmey Detective Agency)
:phoenix: : This desk is literally covered with all sorts of chemistry equipment.
:maya: : Oh, I just love chemistry! Say, Nick, I bet you didn't know this, but...Water is made up of carbon and hydrogen!
:phoenix: : No, no, no. Not carbon! Oxygen! Oxygen and hydrogen!
:maya: : Oh? Well, there are always alternative theories, I guess.
:phoenix: : (If by "alternative theories" you mean the ones you make up inside that head of yours.)

Ema would be furious.
ImageTHERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWERImage
Post Reply